Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Xanxious Crystal (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


401 to 450 of 902 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Well, it should be fairly easy to track, it that's what everyone wants."

GM:

If the others want to follow, Harn can track for them.

Here's his Survival roll (incl. the bonus): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

I'm off to bed, so please feel free to have Harn lead them if that's their choice! Cheers!


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Harn:

You follow the fey to what you believe to be its liar. A cleverly camouflaged hole in the ground. The fey has surely gone in there. You can fit in the hole only, you would have to crawl to go after it and you are unsure as to how far this hole, or rather a tunnel goes.

You all follow Harn through the grotto to a wall on the far side of the grotto.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn pointed out a camouflaged hole in the ground.

"Ah crud. The little bugger went down that tunnel. We'd have to crawl to get in there."

He turned to the others. "I say we head back and check out that 'chamber'."


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"Do what you like, as long as something gets done."

Klug twirls some potions around in his hands as if he didn't care what happened.


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

"The Chamber is fine."


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Let us head back then. I'll take point for now, Harn."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I guess you head back into the grotto again. Looking around you find plants but ontop of that you find several exits leading out of the grotto and up.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Huh, now which way?" Harn said, examining the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

"Up? I would love to go up. Gods, I wish I could see in the dark as you folks do."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Unfortunately there isn't any way to tell which direction to take as the destination is out of sight of even the best of you. At this point you have the following options.

-Test fate and choose one of the tree paths up.
-Attempt to follow the unknown fey into a compromising tunnel
-Or head back down to the spring and attempt to find another way.


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

"We cannot keep running about in circles. I'm for taking one of the tree paths up, but then, I very badly want to see sunlight again one day."


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"We go up, we have the spider up there, somewhere. We could follow the fey, right into it's nest. Can't say I like either option." An evil smile comes over Xzevrra's face as she speaks in a low voice, "I say we attempt to lead the fey into a trap."


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

"Trap to capture, or to kill?" Ollivor doesn't look sold on this.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Trap to find out some information, and unless someone can speak to corpses, we'll have to take it alive." The remark is not sarcastic, but rather and actual question.


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

"I'm good with that," Ollivor seems almost relived, "But unless it speaks one of our languages, we're back at square one then aren't we?"


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"That's fine with me! I'm curious as to the workings of the plant life in this forest and I think this may lead into the canopy."

Klug attempts to eye one of the passages upward.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn likewise studied the passageways up.

"Let's see if we can figure out which is the safest to use," Harn said to the others.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Survival (to determine if safe/how difficult to traverse)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The walkways leading beyond these passages are clear for the first 60 feet but beyond your darkvision it is hard to tell.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Fine. Up it is. Silly surface dwellers." Xzevrra approaches one of the passages, peering up herself. "If we're going, Harn you may want to take lead again. I'll cover you as before. Though I still think we should try nabbing that fey."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Yeah, well, if there's any light sources in the distance, we might be able to get an idea where to go once we 'acquire' the raft, if that's the route we take."

Harn headed up the walkway for one of the passageways.

Perception (for when there's more to see/hear/smell): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You all travel up the passage it turns out you are walking out in the open on a large branch that leads up. You follow it up for near an hour when Harn stops.

Harn and Zhimmon:

There is a large spider on the branch 60 feet in front of you. It is blocking the way and there is no way around it. It has taken no noticeable action towards you yet.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Uh, folks. I think we found the spider. He's about sixty feet ahead of us, blocking the way," Harn said, pointing out the verminous creature.

"Do you want us to withdraw, or kill it?"


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"It attacked us first. Besides, might taste good." She smiles as she says it, though her thoughts go darker. "Or edible at all, if it comes down to it."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Okay, do we want to start ranged, or just go straight into melee?"


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"Well it did try to eat us, only fair that we do the same."


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

"Range.. most certainly range." Ollivor states, "And I agree with the others... vengeance is best served over pipping hot spider kabob." Actually, he's never eaten anything so revolting in his life, but they will need rations and one less threat sounds wonderful.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

GM:

Kn-Nature (to identify the spider and determine if it's edible): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Harn put away his spiked chain and retrieved his bow.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Klug pulls out a round flask with clear liquid in it and drops various powders into it (standard action to mix fire bomb) and moves to 20 feet from the spider.

"Muwahahaha!..."


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

Ollivor once more let's magic rush around him in preparation

Mage Armor up


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay it is your turn to act. Make your actions


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Fire Bolt
RTA
1d20 ⇒ 9
FDmg
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

Ollivor fires a crossbow bolt at the thing, keeping his spells in reserve until it gets closer.

to hit": 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
If that hits
1d8 ⇒ 2


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn pulled back on his bowstring and let an arrow fly at the giant spider.

"Come on, hit..." muttered the half-orc.

Attack w/ Longbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Xzevrra takes a shot with her hand crossbow, "Time to die."

Attack, range - 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 2 = 21
Damage - 1d4 ⇒ 4

Crit Confirmation - 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 2 = 20
Crit Damage - 1d4 ⇒ 4


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Klug cocks his arm back and lets his bomb fly.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Edit: Not sure what happens if I miss, roll for random direction and distance I think?

P.S. Edit: Actually I believe the DC to hit a specific square is five so...

Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Having an alchemist, it works like this. Targeting a creature is a touch attack. Targeting a square is DC 5. If you miss, it goes one square for every range increment you were throwing (in this case 60' would be 3). For direction, you roll a d8. 1 is the direction you were throwing it, and go clockwise from there.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Klug said he was standing 20' from the spider. There would be no increment.
You all attack the spider, with Xzevrra and Harn having the most impact. You have clearly done the thing much damage. It is now very upset. It moves forward and attacks Klug with its fangs.

The attack scores a 17 to hit for 3 damage. Klug needs to make a fort save against poison.

Your turns.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon tosses another firebolt at the spider.

Firebolt
RTA
1d20 ⇒ 4
FDmg
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Oh come on this dice just hates me.


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

His own shot annoyingly wide, Ollivor mutters "Enough of that." He moves forward

Trying to get within 30ft, then cast. If he can't, ignore the part below

Ollivor shoots a stream of acid (Elemental Ray effect) at the spider, hoping he'll have more luck and better aim with it.

Ranged Touch": 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
If hits then dmg is": 1d6 ⇒ 4


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Sorry about that, missed that part. I'll be good now.

Xzevrra draws her rapier, putting the crossbow in her offhand, while moving forward to close with the spider.

Move 30' forward, standard to draw rapier after free action to switch crossbow to offhand.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Klug Grunts in pain "Arruggh!"

He then pulls out his sword and strikes taking any repercussions.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Dmg: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 1 = 5


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn put his longbow away and drew his spiked chain as he moved forward, getting as close as he could.

Harn should be 10 feet from the spider, behind Klug'Tier.

"Klug'Tier! Are you okay?" the fighter asked.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Between Klug and Ollivers hits, the spider curls it's legs in and ceases to move.
Klug feels hit joints tightening a bit as the venom works it's way into his system. Klu takes one point of Dex damage. I need another fort save.

The spider is now dead you are free to make a survival check to harvest anything from it. Food or otherwise.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Fort Save 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

"Fool! Worrying about anything other than the kill gets people killed! What kind of an Orc are you anyway?"

Klug glares at the Half-Orc while applying pressure to his wound and turns to harvest venom from the spider.

Survival to harvest venom: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Considering that I'm a half-orc born of two half-orcs and that I've spent half my life with humans, I'm definitely not an orc!" Harn replied with a feral grin.

"Now, let's see about supplies."

Harn turned to the carcass to determine if anything was edible and salvageable.

Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

Ollivor looks smug for a moment as he observes the twitching corpse of the spider, THAT... felt good. I still have to be cautious, but I can defend myself and I don't have to be afraid. "It looks unappetizing, but I don't suppose we can be picky." He looks over at Klug a bit worried for the alchemist himself, but since the orc doesn't want concerns voice, so be it.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Klug gains two vials of spider venom but takes another two points of DEX damage. Need another fort save.

Harn gets at least one ration worth of "meat" off the spider. Others are welcome to make attempts.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Let me show you how to harvest meat off a spider, Harn."

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"So, now that this thing is dead, keep heading up?"


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

"How strong is its webbing, maybe we can use it as rope?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Xzevrra gets another 3 rations from the carcass.

If you have the craft skill for it, you can make spider silk rope if you desire. But I require a craft check and 8 hours to do so.

401 to 450 of 902 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xanxiou's Crystal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.