Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Xanxious Crystal (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


351 to 400 of 902 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Her expression turns sour. "And you didn't wake me? We could've tried tracking the creature. Where did you see it?"


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Sorry, I thought that your rest was more important. It was up there," Harn said, pointing up about forty feet into the trees.

Remember that you regained a HP overnight. :)


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Hmmm, let's see if I can't make it up there."

Xzevrra will attempt to climb to where they saw the fey, throwing a rope up and taking 10 as applicable.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Taking ten is fine as long as I know your total.

To climb up the best route you would climb the rock formation around the spring. It is a bit over 20 feet tall. Climb DC for that would be 15

From there to climb up the tree to the spot Harn saw the figure, it is more difficult DC 20

GOOD LUCK


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"The water was oddly delicious! I am going to use it in my extracts today to see if it holds the base properties of water."

Klug collects the water into a few vials and starts to mix various ingredients into them.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

What about using the rope and grappling hook? Am I able to hook anything up there? Not sure what to roll for it to be honest. I'd have a 12 taking 10, so would rather make it easier first.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Rope would make the DC 15 all the way. If the rope is knotted then it is a DC 5. However, knotting the rope cuts its length to half so you could use it to get to the top of the rock formation and then again to get to the branch.

Using a grappling hook is a ranged attack with an improvised weapon, -4 to hit. AC to hook a target is 10.

What I would need from you, Xzevrra, is a ranged attack with you full bonus -4, followed by second ranged attack in the same fashion. You can take ten on both climb checks and that'll get you up there. Follow all that up with a survival.

That is everything you need to know. Now get to it.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

After several failed attempts at securing the grapple, Xzevrra finally makes it to where they saw the fey creature. "This is starting to become a little embarassing. Just off my game since that damn earthquake."

Grapple 1: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 4 = 8

Grapple 1: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 = 4

Grapple 1: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 = 5

Grapple 1: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 4 = 11

Grapple 2: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 4 = 3

Grapple 2: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 4 = 9

Grapple 2: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 12

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

4 tries on Grapple 1, 3 on grappled 2. And FYI, I do have a 50/50 chance of making a DC 10 attack roll with a -1. Stupid dice roller, lol


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"The more you learn about it, the better... thank you, Klug." He adds even as he watches the drow start climbing


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sorry for not posting. Tough weekend.

Xzevrra:

Once you get up in the tree you see traces of some kind foot print leading further up the trees. The trees go far beyond your vision. But the trail seems to lead to some kind of large grotto. You cannot make out what is inside unless you get closer. Do you wish to get closer?


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

GM:
I know this trick ;p I'll call down to the others first. Considering how many times I threw the grapple, not like I'm hiding too well at present.

Xzevrra calls down to the others. "The trail seems to lead to some kind of grotto up here. It's pretty far. I can try to help you all up here if we want to go check it out."


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"A grotto sounds promising," He admits to the others below, "But so do caves for cover from a storm, and sometimes you find a bear had the idea first."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"I'm game!" replied Harn.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"I would rather keep my feet on the ground, falling from that could kill you without a problem."

He was not the most nimble or light with his equipment. If the female had trouble, he would likely fall to his death.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Do you have a rope up there or anything?"


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Only the one I used to climb up myself, you'll have to make it to the first landing. Between the four of you, can you come up with a rope and grapple yourselves?"


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"I've got a rope and grappling hook right here," Harn replied.

Grapple 1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Grapple 1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Grapple 2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Grapple 2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Grapple 2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Grapple 2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Grapple 2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Wheh! Shanosuke, what do you need now?


Male Orc Alchemist 2

So how far up form the ground is the grotto and can you see it at all from anywhere other than in the trees?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You only need one grapple check to get onto the rock formation. The second rope Xzevrra set up is still in place.

No one on the ground can see the grotto.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Ah, sorry -- that 2nd set of rolls sucked anyway! :)

"Okay, everyone up that's going up!" Harn said, holding the end of the rope steady for the others to climb up.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"If I must..."

Klug sighs and climbs the rope.

Confused as to if we still need to roll but.

Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

With a knotted rope, you can take 10. It's a DC 5.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor takes it very slow when it is his turn.
Taking 10


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon goes last, he could always heal himself.
Takes 10


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

After the others climbed the rope, Harn followed in their wake.

Taking 10 on Climb gives Harn a 16. :)


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Everybody makes it to Xzevrra's position. You are standing on what appears to be a huge tree branch. These trees seem to wind and snake there way into the canopy. How far they go is unknown. Most are wide enough to be seen as some kind of walkway. The one you currently standing on is ten feet wide.

You see the grotto Xzevrra mentioned. The tree branch you are on seems to lead into it. You cannot see what exactly is in it. The entrance is 50 feet away. Anyone want to take a look?


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"I say we just go on in as a group. It's not like they wouldn't have heard us at this point."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"As long as I am not in front or behind."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"I'm fine with being the van or the rear guard," replied Harn enthusiastically.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Alright..." Ollivor nods, "I'll go along with the group. I vote Klugg takes the rear, an Zhimon and I stay in the center." A smile.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"So, you want me in the van then? What about Xzevrra?"


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"Sounds good enough to me! Shall we?"

Klug motions the group forward and directs Xzevrra to the middle or out front.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"I think she's been a good scout despite some of her encounters, but I leave it to you two"


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"You take point, Harn. I'll be right behind you." She keeps her hand crossbow ready.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Sounds like a plan!" Harn said.

The half-orc moved to about twenty feet from the entrance and attempted to glean more information about what they were about to get into.

Perception (remember his Keen Scent ability as well as Darkvision): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Harn:

As you enter the grotto you see a large plant infested room. It is likely 200 feet by 200 feet. As you move in, you pick up the familiar scent of the fey. You manage to spot it creeping around in the brush 30 feet to the right of the entrance.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn whispered to the others, "There's our fey friend."

The half-orc pointed into the brush about thirty feet to the right of the entrance.

"Past the entrance is a large plant-filled room-like area."


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"And we've had so much fun with plants..." Ollivor says with gentle humor. "Still, maybe these are more tame."


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"Now may be a good time to use those scrolls of speech, priest."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"Are you hard of hearing. It lets me understand language, it does not mean I can speak it. It would be pointless, anyways we have yet to know if it can not understand us. Being skitish does not mean you fail to understand anything. It may simply not wish to converse."

His thoughts ran to the deep gnomes. They avoided everything in the darklands, granted most things they encountered wanted to kill them or enslave them.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Harn:

Once you point it out, it freaks and scrambles out if sight. Need another perception to try and find it again.

The rest of you hear bustling in the brush where Harn pointed. Everyone make me perception checks.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"True, but maybe if it feels threatened and warns us of impending doom, knowing what it is saying could keep us from getting murdered!"


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

While the others talked, Harn attempted to keep an eye on the creature.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"Oh yes because coming into its home is not threating at all. If your so concerned use your own resources. If you have any."


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Perception": 1d20 ⇒ 18


Both Martian Level 20 invader

All players but Klug:

You see a slender humanoid figure rushing through the brush deeper into the grotto. If you give chase you can follow it otherwise you can attempt to track with a bonus + 4


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"It's running...I think it maybe more scared of us than we are of it."


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Or it's luring us into a trap. Be wary of anything. We should follow cautiously."

351 to 400 of 902 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xanxiou's Crystal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.