Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Xanxious Crystal (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


301 to 350 of 902 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn eyed the vial warily. After a moment, the half-orc shrugged and said, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained!"

He sipped the strange concoction.

GM & Klug'Tier:

Fort save for Mutagen, should be DC 12 (right Klug'Tier?). Harn has a +4 to his Fort save. Shanosuke, you said that you wanted to roll our saves.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Nope! it is an extract just inert.

"Hmmm... Something is supposed to happen now... Give it here!"

Klug takes back the vial and chugs the rest.

"Hmmm..."

Suddenly he doubles in size.

"Haha! It worked! but not on you.. I'll have to work on that!"

So i'm big for a minute, give or take considering Harn drank a little.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"At least now you're a bigger target. You know, for anything you suddenly attracted to us. Though I must admit it did work. What else are you able to produce?"


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"Many things little girl, some are yet to come! Muwahaha!"


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"It's good to see someone who takes joy in their work." Ollivor chuckles.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You all hike along until eventually after several hours you come out on the other side of the Island. You exit the jungle onto the sandy beach. It is a large island in the middle of an underground ocean. Whatever are my players to do? You have been from one side of this island to the other.......twice. Well done. Aside from a raft with a spooky owner, a fey infested spring, and big spider, you haven't found much. Now what will you do my precious players hehe?


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon sighs.

"This is annoying. Well the fey is the only one we have not ruled out to be unable to speak with. That being said if it is to shy then I say we provoke it."

Yeah so tired of this. I am switching to kill or prove yourself useful quick mode on everything we encounter from now on. No more mr. nice guy -.-


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Well, ahem. Zhimon, the fact that the fey didn't attack us--even as we skirted the spring--indicates that it might prove willing to ally itself with us," Harn said.

"Let's just go back, and be honest with it. Tell it that we're lost, and need help getting off the island."

"Then if it isn't helpful, we can discuss other options!"


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"If I could communicate, I'd offer trade for the raft and directions off the island. I think we should try one of those scrolls, and see if it helps. If it doesn't, well, we're only a little worse off than we were before."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"The scroll lets you understand it but not speak its language."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"That's assuming that it doesn't understand us."

"Heh, anyway, there's always pantomime," said the half-orc. "You know, using gestures to convey our message."

Harn sighed, "I know, I know, you want to use your mace to convey your message!"


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"Did you forget that we attempted to speak to it. It did not react, it only kept muttering. If it understood us why would it keep muttering like that knowing we did not know what it was saying. It did not even leave any markings in the sand if it understood us and could not speak to us in turn. Also a number of creatures and cultures for that matter do not take kindly to strange movements. Among drow you do not hide your hands or make strange movements, it is considered hostile. Our options are running low, as such more direct action will be needed unless you intend to die here."

They were on an island with beings that could not or would not help them. They had found no source of food and the only drinkable water was being guarded. If their was no help to be found then their were resources to be taken and competition to be killed. If the locals did not realize it was in their best self interest to help them leave so be it. Such was the way of the darklands.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Either way, we should be off. We can discuss on our way back to the spring. Harn, take lead again, I'll try to watch for that spider. We don't know the defines of it's lair as of yet, and there could be more than one."

Assuming we head back, a dice roll.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Xzevrra is right. Though I wonder, if we kill the spider and lay it out before that raft's owner, would he realize it was a sign that our enemeies might be in common, or see it as a show of strength? Either way might prove to our advantage IF we lived, which admittedly is a big if." He follows the lady drow


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Hmm... Ollivor's got a point. I do have another option: If we're just interested in the raft, why not walk around the island again. We can't get lost and we know where we'll end up," Harn proposed.

"Of course, we could kill the spider. I'm fine with either option, really."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

So have we reached a consensus? Any questions for me on things you might have seen that I may not have explained well?


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

As for your descriptions, I don't think that you've missed anything.

:)

However, I'm not sure there's a consensus yet, as I had posed an alternative.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"Killing the spider and offering it would change nothing. We can not understand it nor do we have any reason to think it can understand us. As for the raft, that thing came from the sea. A raft may be enough for it to travel long distances or simply bring back cargo from somewhere else but we are many and without aquatic abilities. We need to know where we are. The fey around the spring is the only option left to us for information. Not to mention the only source of drinkable water. The normally cool temperature of the darklands will sap you of water in as little as two cycles."

He knew what could lay below those dark waters. None of it would have any trouble bring down a simple raft, in the water they were as good as dead. If they did not sink they would be eaten.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"So what's your plan for getting our shy fey friend to communicate?"


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"If the water is magical as it seemed, it maybe dangerous to drink."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"You did not want to provoke it so I leave that up to you. If provoking it is the only way then simply disturb what it is protecting."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Well then, I guess it's back to the spring!"

Harn led the group to the spring.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You make your way back to the spring only to arrive there tired. You are not certain of the time but you are certain you have been travelling for hours, over eight hours for sure. Possibly over twelve. At this point you all are starting to get fatigued.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"Seems we should set up camp here. Drow dont rest as long as other races so I would like to rest first if no one objects. Who will take the first watch?"

Setting up camp near the spring could be enough to lure out the fey. If only to scout them.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"I will take the first watch." Despite her fatigue, if an attack does come, she feels most ready to see it's approach.

Elven:
"And worry not, none of their blood will spill by my hand, unless deserved."

EDITED spoiler.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"I'll take second watch," Harn said.

"Xzevrra, don't hesitate to wake us if you suspect trouble."


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"Well hasn't this been an eventful day? Maybe the Fey will find it disrespectful to drink its spring water?"

Going to roll Kno-Nature to see if I know anything about Fey and how we could communicate etc.. Also I think we should kill the spider for the XP if not any other reason ;)

Kno-Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

EDIT: Or not.


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"I suppose third watch is mine or Klug's. Wake me if you need me for such." he offers and settles out his bedroll to slumber in.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You all retire for the night. The spring is aglow with the strange lights and still radiats with magic. For those of you who sample its waters find it sweet and refreshing, even the drow and orcs find the water tasty and even a bit relaxing. You all rest well.

Okay second watch people do the perceopting thing. I think that is just Harn. Don't fail buddy.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Without knowing how much time passed sense he started resting I cant tell you if Zhimon is awake or not. He does have to prepare spells too you know.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Three watches, presumably two hours and forty minutes a watch. Second watch is when I need the check so Zhimon would have roughly 3-4 hours of sleep by that point.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

This may be a stupid moment on my part, but I didn't think Clerics needed 8 hours of rest. Only Wizards and Sorcerers.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Unless I missed it (may have) but drow only rest (trance) for 4 hours and 1 hour is needed to prepare spells. So total 5 hours for Zhimon.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

HARN! where fore art thou Harn. Please Harn come and care for your little lost lambs.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Sorry, Saturday is my busy day.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Harn:

As you are sitting watch, you catch the glint of some humanoids glowing eyes watching you. Someone or something is observing you from above. Best you can tell it is a good 40 feet above you in the trees and human/elf shaped. It doesn't seem hostile, more curious if nothing else.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

GM:

Harn casually kept his attention on the creature, but took no move to wake the others, as they needed their rest.

The half-orc took care not to make any sudden moves, so as not to spook what he thought was a fey.

I'll tell Ollivor when I wake him for his watch--and perhaps I'll keep him company, thought Harn, unsure of the former merchant's ability to keep the creature in sight.

Harn definitely doesn't want to spook the creature, and is content to allow it to watch them as long as he can keep track of it.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

There watch comes and Zhimon and Olliver are awoken.

Harn:

When the next watch awakens the slender figure moves out of sight. You can attempt to try another perception to relocate the figure. You can ask the others to help and let them know what to look for.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Hey, there was a slender humanoid, which may have been elf-like, watching us from about forty feet up in that tree. It was just watching. I think that it's our reclusive fey. It moved away as soon as I woke you two," Harn said quickly to Ollivor and Zhimon.

"Look up there, and see if you can help me spot it."

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Hopefully, Ollivor and Zhimon can Aid Another (Shanosuke suggested it). You guys would just need a DC 10 Perception check to give me a +2 for each success


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Or they could make their own attempts. Zhimon could roll a lot better than you :p


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor wakes with a start and looks around, "Oh, gods, for a moment I had hoped this whole thing was an unpleasant dream."

He'll try to help Harn out.

perception": 1d20 ⇒ 1


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Shoot totally missed Zhimon's check. Sorry thats what I was waiting for :p

None of you see the creature again for the rest of the "night". The next day comes around and nothing assails you during your rest. It is a new day, what do you do?


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"Well that was a pleasant rest! I would have been one of the people to sample the water. Let me get a drink and a personal moment to prepare myself and we'll talk about today."

Edit: I didn't post at all yesterday because I had some sort of 24 hour bug (Yacking and stuff) Sorry about that.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon could create his own water and that was what he drank. He was not about to drink anything he did not know of, even then he purified it and everything he ate.


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor feels rested and restored despite the brief interruption last night.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Xzevrra and Harn should have regained a HP overnight from their rest. :)

Harn watched as Klug'Tier tried the water.

He continued to observe the orc as he prepared himself for the day. Well, let's see if anything strange happens to him, thought Harn.

The half-orc felt that the others had stronger opinions about what to do at the spring, and so he waited until they came to a decision.

In the meantime, he drew his spiked chain and kept alert.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Xzevrra rises and stretches from sleep. "How were the events of the evening. I see we have all awoken, a good way to start it. Any sign of our friend?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The water is refreshing and quite sweet.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn smiled at the female drow. "Good morning Xzevrra! I saw it during my watch--it's a humanoid, sort of elf-like creature. It just watched. When I awoke the next watch, it disappeared."

Turning to the orc, he said, "Klug'Tier, now that you drank the water, how do you feel?"

301 to 350 of 902 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xanxiou's Crystal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.