Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Xanxious Crystal (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


101 to 150 of 902 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon does not even need to be told. He is running the moment he hears the "animal" sounds.

"Would anyone really be against tripping the orc while we make our escape?"

He was half joking half proposing.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

So are you guys moving away from said forest?


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Yes! Down the beach?


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Sounds correct to me.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Yes, let's depart! Klug'Tier, I'd suggest not attacking things that aren't attacking us!"

With that, Harn followed the female drow. Quite a nice view, thought the half-orc wistfully.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor flees along with the others staying close .


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You lot retreat to the beach. After a good few moments the lights in the strange forest go out and the noises begin to cease.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Wheh! Well, that got the blood pumping!" Harn was grinning madly as he caught his breath.

The half-orc took in his surroundings, trying to decide if any particular direction looked more promising than any other.

GM:

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Edit: Really? Really! Darn dice roller...


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor catches his own breath, "It does seem running might be the way to go in many a situation at least until we know this area better. But we've still no clue which way is up."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon checks himself to see if he had gotten any dirtier.

"Well I think it has been made very clear who the fool of this group is. Everyone do keep an eye on him, less he find a sleeping nest and provoke that too."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Harn:

Best you can tell, you can either go back inland or along the shore left or right. Neither side seems any different with the results of your check. :p


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Eh, there's really no difference in which way we go," Harn said to the others.

"How about this way?" the half-orc asked, pointing to the right along the shore.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Suddenly the expert on sub-Darklands lore, are we? Probably right though. With plants like that about, probably better to stay in a group. I'll walk a little ways ahead, just to play it safe." Assuming everyone agrees, Xzevrra starts off, trying to keep the group about 50' behind her (close enough so the orc bloods can see her when she chooses).


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"It seems as good as any other." Ollivor says, cupping his everburning torch to dim its effectiveness without robbing him of all light entirely.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"I'm fine with that, Xzevrra," Harn replied with a smile.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Forgot some dice rolls.

Dice:

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 1 = 16 Forgot ACP before


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You travel along the shore for some time. As you travel you notice it bend, practically wrapping around the strange forest. The florescent beach grass gives off an eerie glow and the ocean waves continue to roll along the shore. Cavern sounds echo off in the distance. A couple of hours pass before you are able to deduce, you are on an underground island.

Xzevrra:

At this juncture you can make out more takes in the sand. They come fom the jungle and lead along the shore in the direction you are heading. It is unclear as to what made them. Not the same as your rescuers that is certain.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Well, this certainly is an exciting development!" Harn exclaimed.

Directing the others' gazes toward the eerie forest, the half-orc said, Looks like we get to find out what the forest is like after all!"


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Xzevrra raises a hand to halt the group. Quietly heading back, she informs them, "Tracks in the sand ahead. Not sure who or what, doesn't look like whoever pulled us out of the water. Came from the forest though. I'll lead ahead. Give me about a minute and follow. I'll leave marks as before." With that, she heads off to follow the tracks.

Dice:

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 1 = 10


Male Orc Alchemist 2

At this point I have kept quiet most of the time seemingly embarrassed by the earlier indecent and also angry at my own failure.

At the suggestion of going inland I say:

"Fine by me, at least we'll do something other than walk in circles around this island..."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You are nearing the apparent halfway point around the island around this time.

Xzevrra:

As you follow the tracks, you notice a dock barely revealed by the luminescent grass about 300 feet from your current position. There is what appears to be some kind of shack or hut on the shore. The tracks lead there.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Xzevrra puts down the mark to stop before continuing.

DM:

Xzevrra puts the mark to stop in the sand as she creeps towards the shack, listening for sounds from within. If there are any windows, she'll attempt to peak inside. Also is there a boat at the dock?


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Gwah, forgot dice again.

Dice:

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 1 = 24


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Xzevrra:

When you get close enough you see There is a strange looking raft tied to the dock. It is designed like a raft but instead of wood, it has bizarre black shiny logs instead. The tracks lead to the hut. As you peek in you see several unusual shapes that seem to be organic but may also be furniture. You do not see what has made the tracks though. There is no identifiable pieces. Just strangely shaped objects. All with wierd "legs" or tendrils. Hard to determine where storage containers are. Do you wish to proceed inside. The hut is 50' by 50' with 70 feet worth of walkable square footage. If you proceed in I will need another perception and stealth roll from you


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

DM:

Xzevrra quietly creeps around to the doorway, and tests it's hinges before quietly sneaking inside. She'll wait just inside the doorway, searching for any sounds. If nothing, she'll creep forward to get a better view.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 1 = 16


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Xzevrra:

As you move forward you are sure as you can be that there are no signs of life. As you look around you see what appears to be a shelf with several odd looking objects on it. Most notable is what appears to be a rather large sapphire. You will need to appraise it to ascertain its exact value. You could also take it and return to the group. Who knows how valuable such stone could be down here. Also I need another perception check from you.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

DM:

Ah, greed. The foible of many a character, good or evil.
Xzevrra spots the large gem sitting on the shelf. Transfixed by it's beauty, she can only think of one thing. This is a trap. But to lose such an opportunity on mere caution? She creeps over to it, examing the area around the base and the shelf, and then the gem itself. What can it hurt to look?

Perception (the one you asked for): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Perception (on the gem): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Xzevrra:

Opposed stealth Score was 21. That was the DC for your perception. Missed it both times. Sorry I had rolled so high. This will be interesting.
As you exanine the stone it seems safe. Suddenly you are attacked from behind. One of the seemingly lifeless pieces of what you thought was furniture lashes out at you with long black tendrils. They bind you up. You are now grappled. Whatever it is doesn't seem finished. You get a chance to break free. The DC is 23 you can roll on either Escape artist or CMB to escape its grasp. Or you can attempt to attack it with a one-handed weapon if you desire. If there are other options you can take feel free to attempt.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

DM:

Feeling the tendrils wrap around her, Xzevrra attempts to flex her muscles as she was taught, only to quickly release and attempt to wriggle out. Unfortunately she doesn't quite make it in time and they once again tighten around her. Realizing her situation, she draws her rapier.

Standard to try escape artist, move for drawing rapier. If I can't draw it or use it (ie if it's light weapons only), instead draw dagger from wrist sheath.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon stopped at the mark and looked around to any reason they should stop.

Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Hope that 120 ft. darkvision helps.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Xzevrra:

This is pretty bad. This thing was not meant to be fought one on one. This won't end well.
You are now pinned. The tendrils slide under your cloths writhing along your fleshy torso, lacing you with a corrosive mucus. You take 1 point if acid damage as it burns you unprotected skin. You get one more shot to break free only you no longer have your dex bonus. DC 23. You fail and you are rendered helpless.

Zhimmon:

You notice the barely revealed dock and what appears to be a hut more than 300 feet ahead of you. Barely illuminated by the grass. Xzevrra muzt have gone on ahead to check it out.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

DM:

Gulp! 10% chance. Dice-roller, don't fail me now!

Xzevrra struggles as she feels the acid burn into her flesh. Feeling herself begin to slip away, she tries one last desperate surge to break free, but finds herself unable to escape their hold. With only one option left, she screams out for, "HELP!"

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 3 = 15It failed. Wasn't sure if I could still yell or not, if so I do.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon thinks for a moment. For thats all it took, a lone home and a assassin female.

"Well I see a house with a dock and our assassin friend has not returned for us. In fact she is nowhere to be seen. I think we should pay a visit to that house. Knowing females she is etheir killing the owner, robbing them, or saducing them. Maybe a combination of those. Anyone with me?"


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Killing, robbing..or seducing? Dealer's choice, no doubt. Yes, I'm with you."

Keeping the everburning torch half cupped, he follows where Zhimon leads.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Zhimon, are you kidding about her? Is that normal behavior for a drow female?" Harn asked as he readied his spiked chain and joined the others in approaching the structure.

As they neared, the half-orc started sniffing the air.

GM:

Perception using Harn's Keen Scent: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon shrugs.

"Depends on the female and her profession. Some favor one over the other. Really their is no norm when it comes to the drow. Thats how we thrive."

As if he would give anything away. >:)


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay I need perception from all players. DON'T FAIL

Perception DC 12:

You hear a female scream HELP!! from the direction of the house.

Xzevrra:

Seem to react to your sudden outburst, the thing, whatever it is binds you fast in its clutchs. Then from behind a long large tubelike tendril extends and opens a gross looking dripping maw of a mouth just over your head. Before you can scream again it engulfs your head completely. You take 2 points of acid damage and are niw unable to breath. You feel tendrils inside the things mouth trying to work they're way into your ears and nostrils. They will also go for your eyes and mouth should you dare to open either. You feel it squeezing your head as if it was sucking on it like a piece of hard candy. This is a dire circumstance. You only hope and pray your companions heard your first scream as there wont be another.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

NOT my best skill... so *Gulp* here goes

perception": 1d20 ⇒ 17


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

GM:

Well, I just rolled one (which was focused on Keen Scent)... however, here's another!

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Well, I guess that was the same as the first roll! Trippy! :)

"Xzevrra!" Harn cried out. Heedless of the danger, the half-orc charged toward the structure.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Hearing it as well, Ollivor draws on the magic so newly come to him. For a moment, it seems as if his skin turns pebbly, but then that fades. The magic protection, however, remains.

Casting mage armor, then going after Harn


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Klug, Zhimmon? You two gonna follow as well?


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon moves after the orc. No need to be the second victim. He choice of keeping his weapon out at all times seemed wiser by the moment.

Perception (just cuz)
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay were gonna assume Klug follows suit.
In three rounds Harn will arrive on the scene. In the room he will see a strange grub-like creature reared up. In front of the creature, tightly bound in what appear to be abdominal crawling tendrils is Xzevrra. Whatever this thing is, it has her head in what appears to be it's mouth. He arms and torso are all tied up tight but her feet are free and kicking wildly but to no avail. Clearly she is in great pain and on top of that, suffocating.

Combat begins.
It is your turn. The Player who posts first, goes first in THIS round. Everyone else respond as if the person who posted before you acted before you. Keeps PBP combats clean and easy to follow. If you are waiting on someone else, friend or foe, please be sure and post that so I and others know.

Xzevrra:

You take another 5 acid damage before your comrades arrive. I believe you are still conscious right?


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

DM:

Yes, this puts me at 1/9 HP.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn moved into melee with the hideous beast, his spiked chains whirling as he lashed out with his vicious weapon.

To Hit w/ Spiked Chain 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

If it's a hit: Damage 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 = 7


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Xzevrra:

You may survive this, your gallant half-orc in shining armor has come to your rescue lol!

Harn's hit connects doing an obvious amount of damage. The creature takes notice but won't act until it's turn.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Behind Harn, Ollivor tries to think best how to help with the power now pulsing through him. Hanging back At least 10 feet if he can he flings a hand forward and releases an stream of acid at the thing.

Elemental Ray special ability does 1d6, goes out to 30ft. ranged touch attack... in an Earth Elementalist's case it is acidic.

to hit": 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
dmg if that hits": 1d6 ⇒ 4

As soon as it is cast, he looks surprised. I don't think any of my failed training in wizardry prepared me for THAT.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

DM:

Not exactly a drow maiden's dream knight, but definitely better than the alternative. Of course, I'm not sure what a drow maiden's dream knight would be. Either way...

Link


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Ollivor's ray hits the beast just after Harn's. The creature writhes in pain clutching its prey fast.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon takes in everything then points his free hand at the thing. A bolt of fire flies at the monster.

Firebolt
RTA
1d20 ⇒ 13
FDmg
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

101 to 150 of 902 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xanxiou's Crystal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.