Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Xanxious Crystal (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


51 to 100 of 902 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn looked Xzevrra up and down. Probably shouldn't tell her that I find her particularly attractive--especially considering how unattractive I am! he thought.

Aloud, Harn said, "I'm sure that you're much quieter than I." To emphasize his point, the half-orc indicated the spiked chain draped over his shoulder.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Sizing me up? He'd find himself hard pressed. Wonder what the inside of an orc looks like anyway?"

"Then we're agreed. I'll put markings ahead like this to follow me, and like this to stop until I come back." She marks an arrow on the ground for follow, and flattened arrow (similar to a 'T') for when to stop. "Understand?"


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Clever, like trail marks." Ollivor states.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Sure thing, Xzevrra. Be careful," Harn replied, completely oblivious to the fact that the female drow misinterpreted his appraisal of her.

Trouble in paradise already! :P


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Xzevrra spares the half-orc a smile before a final say to Zhimon. She then moves ahead and begins to move, follwing the rise of the land.

Elven:
"Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on the shadows. Feel free to remind them, I can be anywhere out there."

Wasn't sure what kind of check you wanted. I rolled a Survival, Stealth, and Perception. I'll make a mark every 100' or so, or as needed.

Dice:

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay I'm awake *Yawn* I'm feeling loads better today. So it appears the group has begun to move huh? Bought time, though the banter was a lot of fun to read. I am pleased with my selection.

You all are sitting on the shore as Xzerrva creeps forward to explore the land directly opposite the shore That's what I gather at any rate.

For the following spoiler Xzerrva, I took all your rolls into account, effectively using each roll.

Xzerrva:

You move stealthily forward towards the area beyond your darkvision. As you get closer you see an eerie underground jungle of some sort. The "trees" if you can even call them that, are large and their roots run all over the ground. Their branches seem to twist and wind into one another at least 50 feet above you. Kind of like a network of walkways. The trees are also covered in florescent moss providing a small amount of dim light. Similar to the movie Avatar As you progress closer to the forest/jungle, you creep a bit close to some tall plants. You move through them hope they provide more cover. Instead one of these turns to look you in the face, opens it's petals and shines a bright light square into your face. You are blinded as a result. You are about 300 feet from the party on the shore. Do you wish to procede? The plant has done nothing aside from shedding light on you and blinding you. Other than that it is sitting there.

The rest of you see a bright light illuminate somewhere 300 feet into tge darkness.


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor mutters low, "Some sort of light source? More survivors?"


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn put a restraining hand on Ollivor's shoulder. "Ease up there. Let's not jump to conclusions."

The burly half-orc (though not nearly as burly as the full-blooded orc) then looked to everyone. "Perhaps it would be prudent to be armed at this particular juncture."

Harn then drew his spiked chain into his hands, held at the ready.

GM:

Perception focused on the light: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Edit: **SIGH**


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

DM:

Xzevrra steps back, drawing her rapier as she does so, and gathers the shadows around her to help conceal her presence. She strains to listen for the telltale signs of movement, skills honed from practicing blindfolded.

If important in a turn, 5' shift back, move to draw rapier, standard to cast Darkness. If nothing happens, she'll slowly withdraw, giving her eyes time to adjust, hoping the blindness goes away.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Xzevrra:

The stupid plant won't stop staring at you. You've soaked yourself in darkness and that manages to extinguish the light but now there are a couple of plants shining light on the darkness you've made. As your eyes adjust, they still burn from the sudden and harsh light that seared into them. You are barely able to make out three tall flowers looking at you with their searchlight bright bulbs. They must have sensed your presence when you got close. Though you are concealed in Darkness, they are still trained on you. What do you do now?

In the distance the rest of you see more lights illuminate but a dark spot appears bloting out some of the light.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

@ Shanosuke - Are the lights from the direction that Xzevrra went?


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

DM:

As her eyes adjust, though painfully, enough to see, she takes in the strange plants. She reigns in her first instinct to cut them down, realizing they may possess more secrets she'd rather not discover on her own when their were expendables behind her. She retreats from the plants back the way she came.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yes that is the direction Xzevrra. Such honorable players you are to not read others spoilers

Coming from the direction of the lights, the blot of darkness approaches the party. Just as it gets close, the lights behind dim and go out.

Xzevrra:

You also notice that once you are about 200 feet from the plants, their lights go out.


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Taking the half orc's suggestion, Ollivor takes out a morningstar. "To think," He mutters a bit nervously, "This was going to be sold for a fair price.. now if it ever gets sold, I may have to discount it as 'slightly used'"

Then the lights wink out, another mutter "That's not good."


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"Hmmm... Interesting anomaly... Are we waiting for her to come or continuing onward as a group?

I flip my sword up into a readied stance.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Xzevrra continues back to meet with the others, quietly calling out from the shadows so as to not frighten the surface dwellers. "We have something unusual ahead. Strange plants that flash bright light. They also possess faces of some sort, and appear to have followed my movements with their eyes. I thought it best to see if one of you surface dwellers would care to examine them."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon had never put away his weapon. He had no intention of doing so unless he had to or felt it was not needed.

"These plants may react to movement or heat. Also sense their lights died as you returned I would guess that anything native to these parts would know of them. They are perfect early warning systems or signals of prey. If you can remember their features we could avoid them in the future. Or we could use what we know to see if anything comes once we trigger some. Any other ideas?"


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"This surface dweller has never heard of the like."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

GM:

Kn-Dungeoneering to ID plants: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Kn-Nature to ID plants: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Edit: Well, I hope the second roll merits a result! :P

Harn pondered the description...


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"Luminescent life? Very interesting indeed. I shall need a sample to find out any alchemical properties these plants might have!"

DM:

Kn-Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Kn-Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

When I get a sample of the plant:
Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
EDIT: My sample would be me cutting off a bulb and studying it. Just in case that does something special (Like set off an alarm... Or murder us).


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon gave Xzevrra a look, one that said "bait".

"I suggest no one goes with the orc."

He keeps his free hand ready to shield his eyes should the plant's expected glow be to much.


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Practical, but a bit cold isn't it? What if Klug needs our help?" Ollivor asks.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon looks at the human.

"How much help can you offer someone if you get caught by the same thing they do. I would also point out that it is his risk to take."

He kept out the fact that the orc was more likely to leave him to his death if the roles were reversed. At least that was his impression.


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Strength in numbers just seems wise to me," Ollivor states simply, "perhaps a compromise. He goes ahead, the rest of us hang ten feet or so back ...close enough to help, but hopefully far back enough not to get snared if snare it be."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon shakes his head.

"As I said it was a suggestion. I for one will not be going anywhere near those plants. Do as you wish, its your life."

He looks over to Xzevrra.

Elven:
"These uplanders keep thinking like this is the overburn. They dont seem to understand their rules dont apply here."


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Oh the ambition of people who live less then 100 years! ;)


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Just don't rush forward yet, Harn may know something about the plant-things.

Of course, that falls to Shanosuke to answer.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

You think the drow empire has endured and ruled for thousands of years in the darklands by being reckless. I think not, wee orc. XD


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Elven:

"Sometimes the best lesson is the one learned through experience." She seems to be thinking of past lessons she herself learned.

"Either way, I couldn't fully see how far they extended. We may not be able to avoid them so easily. And if they are indeed an alarm, which would be a good guess, we had best move."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Harn:

You've never heard of this particular plant, however, you have heard of similar plants that seem to have a sort of awareness of their surroundings. Some are benign but some are dangerous, such as assassin vines and the like. You should be cautious lest you find one of these aggressive plants.

Klug:

you know nothing at the moment.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn harrumphed. "I've heard of plants that seem to be aware of their surroundings--some of which are dangerous. I agree with Xzevrra that we should move, but everyone needs to be wary--even of plants! Well, I didn't expect today to be so exciting!"

The half-orc's sudden change in attitudes was unsettling--he actually seemed to be enjoying the strange events that have occurred.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

So where does this put me?


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4
Harn wrote:

Harn harrumphed. "I've heard of plants that seem to be aware of their surroundings--some of which are dangerous. I agree with Xzevrra that we should move, but everyone needs to be wary--even of plants! Well, I didn't expect today to be so exciting!"

The half-orc's sudden change in attitudes was unsettling--he actually seemed to be enjoying the strange events that have occurred.

"I...see." The human says cautiously. Killer flora may abound, and he's..happy? Why couldn't I have fallen in with dwarves?


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Klug'Tier wrote:
So where does this put me?

I guess this makes you the test subject. *Shrugs* Works for me.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

I'm down! I usually test stuff on myself anyways ;)

I walk down slowly to the plant Xzevrra approached before and attepmt to grab it and cut it.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn sighed. He looked from Xzevrra to the orc making his way toward the plants.

"Well, this should prove 'illuminating'."

Quietly, he asked, "Klug'Tier did say that he's a 'witch doctor', didn't he?"

The half-orc examined the terrain for quick egress from the vicinity of the luminescent plants that the witch doctor was even now approaching.

GM:

Perception check. Maybe this one will be good! 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"I believe he did." A soft nod. I wonder which side he'll need more after this.. the Witch, or the Doctor?


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Hmm, I bet a silver it's death by poison. Any takers?"


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn arched an eyebrow at Xzevrra's statement, then shook his head.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"I didn't say that I was planning on poisoning him, did I? The bet would have to at least cover the cost of the poison."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Xzevrra, I assumed that you meant Klug'Tier would be poisoned by the plant.

"I was simply indicating that I did not wish to make any bets."

"Argus--that's my mentor, by the way--warned me about the vice of gambling."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon rolls his eyes.

"Xzevrra stop now before you dig yourself any deeper."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Klug:

As you reach out to take the plant it and two others next to it light up square in your eyes and blind you. You cannot quite grab the plant as the light is too blinding to get a hold of it. The longer you try to find the plant, the more your eyes burn. You need a perception DC 20 to grab the plant.

To those of you watching the exchange can see the plants dodging Klugs hands as he keeps trying to grab it. The lights are extremely bright and go out in a spotlight fashion. Other than constantly shining in the orcs face and dodging his attempts to grasp them, it seems harmless.


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Klug, unless its edible, it's not worth it"


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

After about 4 rounds of this I give up trying to grab at the plants and start to swing at all three of them with my falchion! I will not be defeated by plants!


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"Well at this rate he will be a prime example of why you should not bring any of your uplander sense down here."

Everything in the darklands was dangerous in its own way. Nothing lives down here by being easy, not even the plants.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The plants duck Klugs attack and continue to shine in his face.

Suddenly you all begin to hear noises coming from the woods. Various "animal" noises are coming from the strange jungle. They are loud and seem to be in great number and variety.

There are a large number of florescent life begins to illuminate the strange jungle. Mostly moss and various plants in the strange jungle. They seem to be reacting to the crazy orc.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"And that's our queue to be gone from this place." Xzevrra makes to move away from Klug and his antics.

If the others (at least Zhimon) don't follow, she'll stop.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"Alright! You and that army!

I know when I can't win.

I turn and run like a pansy. Unusual for an Orc but then again I'm an unusual orc.

Sorry guys, didn't think I would take that long and not get anything done :/


Male Human (Hit Points: 22/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Hearing the rumble, "I don't like THAT sound, and agree with the lady drow. Klug, come on"

51 to 100 of 902 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xanxiou's Crystal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.