Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Xanxious Crystal (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


751 to 800 of 902 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Cheery!" replied Harn.

"Well, I'm ready if everyone else is," the half-orc said as he quickly ate some of his rations.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor only ate a few of his , and limped along with the others


Male Orc Alchemist 2

If I had enough time I would prepare my extracts for today...

"Ready or not!.."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Unfortunately you find no trace of Zhimon. That said, you push on followed by the rest of the Deepelves. You make your way around the island to the hut owned by the Gawweed. If you remember, they primarily speak Aquan. If any of you has learned it, you might want to try to make peace with him. Or kill him and take his raft.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Approaching the hut, Xzevrra calls out, doing her best to recall her lessons. Step one, don't explain to them that they will be enslaved.

Aquan:
"Pardon, Gawweed sir. If we may have a moment of your time."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The Gawweed steps out of his hut. The creatures facial features as well as any other defining features are concealed in seaweed. It is big and the size of it's torso and arms suggest it is physically fit for it's breed.

It speaks in the language it spoke the last time you saw it.

Aquan:

"More of you? Hey your that lot from before. Sorry for yelling at you like I did but you spooked me a bit. Thought you were looters. You killed the grub that infested my home. I had been meaning to thank you for that. I am about to leave this island to seek out the Xanxious Crystal. Feel free to use my home and whatever you find. I think I found one of your friends. He is inside."


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Xzevrra ponders how best to use the information given, what to relate to the others. The realization the deep elves may speak enough convinces her to minimize any deceit at this point. "Interesting. It appears that he has found one of our friends. They're inside. I wonder what Zhimmon was attempting to do. Harn, he has given us whatever is inside for us to use. Can you see about finding what would be useful to us and organizing it? I'm going to speak with this Gawweed and learn more about it." She then casually approaches the creature.

Aquan:
"I too would like to offer apology. We are far from our own homes at present and have not encountered your kind either. I actually just recently picked up your tongue. My name is Xzevrra. And how are you called?"


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"So many languages... I wish I knew the words to thank this fellow."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Uh, sure Xzevrra," Harn replied with obvious surprise.

The half-orc headed to the Gawweed's shack to see what (and who) was inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21. Note: add +8 for scent-related checks.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Aquan:

"Yamalgo is what I have called myself. I am the warden of the deeplands. Your friend inside has also come from the upper level known as the darklands. I assume the rest of you are from this place as well. I am preparing to leave to find Xanxious crystal and attempt to destroy it. I confess it is a bold and dangerous undertaking but the safety of the deeplands, or for the rest of the known world. The crystal has uncontroled and unharnessed raw power. It is enough to tear the world apart. I don't want to sit around and hope someone else fixes this, I'm going to fix it or die trying. Now, I told your friend that I can drop you off at a point where you could, in theory, make your way back home. Know it could take you weeks even months to get to the upper level. The two previous earthquakes have changed the geography of the darklands and deeplands drastically. It is likely old trails and tunnels no longer exist while new ones have been made."

Harn:

There is not much in the hut. Another drow, not Zhimon, but someone new. There are a few things, spider silk rope, water skins, empty sacks and a few herbs and ingredients.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Aquan:
"Destroy the world. That is most definitely not a good thing, not at all. Tell me, do you think you can handle such an important task on your own? It would be terrible if you were to get yourself killed trying to attetmpt this. While I cannot necessarily speak for my companions, I do believe I can convince them to help us destroy it. If you so desire such aid, that is."

Xzevrra turns back to the deepelves. "I suppose it would be best if there were others of their kind to return to, if you also happen to know of another of their villages anywhere. In fact any other friendly beings you may know of could be helpful. I doubt supplies will be in abundance."

"Of course, any other information you may have. I'm sure you have many interesting stories to tell."

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Yea, Xzevrra has no intentions of destroying it. She's simply looking at a way of claiming it. Also information on other intelligent beings is probably not in their best interests.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Shanosuke:

Harn, taken aback by the presence of a strange drow, nevertheless pressed forward, speaking in Undercommon, "Um, hello stranger. I'm Harn, what's your name?"

I'm pretty sure who this is, so feel free to let the new Drow read this spoiler! :)


Male Drow Bard 2

A drow leaning against the wall with a hand on the hilt of a thin bladed weapon on his hip looks towards Harn. Tlugos looks the man over, orc, wrong half orc sense the body type and features are off seeming softer. A warrior by his equipment, at least it was something he was used to more then the walking seaweed collection he had met so far.

"Greetings I am Tlugos Ilmeefein." his voice was silky and somewhat musical but did not hint at more to come.

His eyes simply bored into Harn as the silence passed.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"That is not the drow we've been looking for," Ollivor states to no one in particular.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Pleased to meet you, Tlugos. There's a small group of us out here, looking to get off this island. You're welcome to join us. After all, the more the merrier!" the half-orc said cheerfully.

Harn motioned for Tlugos to join them outside.

No, no, Ollivor. It's, "These are not the droids you're looking for." :P


Both Martian Level 20 invader

An orc being cheerful to a drow? Will wonders never cease?


Male Drow Bard 2

Tlugos goes outside, staying behind the half orc with his hand on his weapon. Old habits and all that.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

To the others, Harn said, "Well, it turns out that we've encountered someone new."

Indicating the drow, the half-orc added, "His name is Tlugos."


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"I don't suppose he speaks common?"


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn repeated Ollivor's question in Undercommon.


Male Drow Bard 2

He gives a wily smirk.

"I speak common just fine."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yamalgo continues to pack his gear. He turns to Xevrra.

Aquan:

"I head farther into the deep lands making for the heart of the world. It is a long and perilous journey. I will be fighting and dodging Xanxous servants the whole way. I do not have an absolute plan of attack. I have never seen the crystal and I have no idea what to do about it when I find it. I suppose the answer will become clear when I reach it, perhaps not. I know a place we can take the deep elves, they very well could get home from here following a path through the great tree. As far as other friendlies, the last two earthquakes have rearranged many things and there will be many more earthquakes varying in degree over the next several months until the whole of the known world is destroyed. Now, if you want to aid me, I would be glad of the help. If not, I will drop you off in the place closest to the paths up I know of, again, the geography of these lands and the upper lands have changed drastically. I cannot promise you can find your way out. I am on an impossible quest, if you want to join I would be thrilled for it, but if you don't I understand."


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Well, nice to meet you then," He says to the new drow, "I'm Ollivor"


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"By Science Harn! Don't turn your back to a Drow! Just because a couple don't kill you doesn't mean they're all nice. Besides, our lady friend probably offed that Cleric anyway, no offence Xzevrra..."

Klug says this calmly (for him anyway) with his hands behind his back like he's hiding something. (Obviously a bomb for those who know him)


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn was taken aback by Klug'Tier's statement.

"Um, sure," he replied calmly, but didn't turn around.


Male Drow Bard 2

Tlugos smirks, waving his hand about. That one was full blooded and his manners made that clear if not his looks, or odor.

"Should an orc be saying that. After all while my people are known as killers, we are just as well known for our great works and ancient culture. In that respect we can be reasoned with and approached. While orcs are known as barbaric creatures little more then animals that only destroy and devour all that they can. By your reasoning I, a drow, am far more trustworthy then you, an orc. So why are you allowed to live?"

His hand falls to his hilt once more. His smirk transformed into a look of annoyance.

"You know nothing, so do keep your incorrect opinions to yourself. Otherwise you may find the facts against you."

It seemed the three he had met so far had defined positions. He wondered if the orc knew his, it would not be pleased if it did.

Smooth insult the new drow. Your not really on good terms with the ninja you know. xP


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Now, now. Everyone just calm down! We're all in the same boat here--" Harn said with a toothy grin. "--Well, we will be assuming we can actually acquire a boat to get off this rock!"


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"I've got to agree with Harn. At this stage, none of us can afford to be too fussy about allies."


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Xzevrra eyes the new drow for a moment as she approaches, holding back the surprise. She had definitely expected Zhimmon. She says a few words to the Gawweed before turning to the others.

Aquan:
"Excuse me a moment, Yamalgo. I must see to something first, and dicuss with my friends." Hmm, should I roll a bluff on the friends remark?

Turning back, she approaches the group, eyes on this new drow. "Best to make friends now. If he isn't already in league with Zhimmon, I perhaps can use this to my advantage."

"None taken, Klug. It's quite possible I may have done so." Turning to the newcomer, she extends a hand. "I am called Xzevrra. Welcome to a small island in the middle of the ocean. Perhaps we can work together to once again see our great cultures? And even save them in the process."

She turns to the others for a moment as she continues. "The Gawweed there, called Yamalgo by the way, knows of a few paths that may return us to the Darklands, and possibly even a way for you surfacedwellers to return to your home. For your benefit, we are currently in the Deeplands, below our cities. He may even put the deepelves back on track to their own homes.

"Though I should probably mention that the earthquakes have sealed off several paths to us. It's possible these will just lead to dead ends. And it still doesn't solve one problem. The Xanxious crystal. It's the source of these earthquakes." She adds the last for Tlugos's benefit. "Yamalgo is on a mission to destroy the crystal and save not only the Deeplands, but the Darklands and the surface as well. I for one would like to have a city to return to, so I plan to help him in this. I care not what the rest of you do, but if Yamalgo and I fail, there may be no homes for the rest of you. Best to decide quickly, Yamalgo would like to leave soon." She stands there, waiting.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn gave the female drow one of his toothy smiles, "Sounds like fun! Plus the whole mystery of Xanxiou's Crystal intrigues me. Count me in!"


Male Drow Bard 2

Tlugos did not take her hand or offer anything more then a blank face. Females deserved the reputation of the drow more then males, often because it was true.

"I already planned on going with Yamalgo."


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"I suppose that settles it then! Off we go into the deep dark lands of the deep and the dark.

If I may ask Tlu, may I call you Tlu? The rest of the party has seen each other in action so we have a pretty good idea of how we work together. What I'm trying to say is, what do you do exactly?"

He says this last part with a slightly skeptical tone but curious none-the-less.


Male Drow Bard 2

Tlugos smiles.

"I prefer Tlugos as is my name, Plug. As for my abilities well, what are yours. If your going to ask then you should be polite enough to tell."

He keeps his eyes on the orc studying him intensely.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"What he does is yell when it's not appropriate, make too much noise, and mostly be a bother. If not for the fact that I run faster than he, I wouldn't keep him around." Xzevrra gives Klug a smile, making him unsure if it's a jest.

"While you all make acquaintences, I'll go speak with our deep elf companions about the trip." As she turns, she passes another smile to Tlugos, turning her gaze to Harn for just a moment as she turns.

Xzevrra heads over to the deep elves next, thinking along the way. "This Tlugos, he'll be a problem already. I had hoped to maintain myself as the main point of communication with our guide. How to handle this?"

"Agloc, we plan to follow Yamalgo, the Gawweed over there, to find the Xanxious crystal. He hopes to stop it's actions. He believes he can drop you and yours off on a passage home. This is agreeable?"


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

" I doubt I'd survive escaping on my own, so I might as well go with you all.'


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"That's the spirit!" replied Harn, slapping the Ollivor on the back.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"That's simply a genetic trait Xzevrra, you'll be good to note that I am not as loud as my brethren upon the surface. As for my talents, I am a man of science and magic. Mixing alchemical potions and magic extracts is what I do for a living... Or what I "did."


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor staggers forward at the slap, "Thanks."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Algoc nods. "We need to return to our home and deal with our losses, we will wish you the best as you seek out this doom device. Go with our blessing."

Yamalgo finishes readying the map. You all pile on. It is just big enough to fit you all. You travel by sea for at least a few hours before you drop off the deep elves. You then continue forward. As time passes your internal clocks tell you it is bed time. Yamalgo doesn't talk much during the trip.

If you wish to sleep, Yamalgo will keep the raft steady as you do so. You can talk or sleep, let me know.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Yawning, Harn said, "Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but my mentor Argus always told me to catch what sleep you can, because you never know when you'll be able to get more!"

The half-orc curled up in the middle of the raft and quickly fell asleep.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Seeing Harn (and any others) try to sleep, Xzevrra decides to stay up for awhile. "Better to provide a set of eyes not occupied on steering the raft." After awhile, Xzevrra will attempt some small talk with Yamalgo about the area they were heading, what he know of possible threats they may face. A stinging sensation on her leg prompts her to remove a boot and examine one of the wounds suffered from the battle against the fish, checking for signs of infection.

Xzevrra will take first watch, if any others would like to volunteer for later ones. If not, she'll stay up until they can find a suitable spot to camp. She REALLY doesn't like the water down here right now.


Male Drow Bard 2

Tlugos slips into the trance of elves. Resting but being aware of his surroundings none the less. He keeps to himself observing things for now.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor doesn't need to be told twice, and sleeps while he can as well


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Klug will rest also and volunteers for second watch.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The raft moves steadily on.

Aquan:

We are heading to Xanxious crystal deep in the heart of the deeplands. There are likely many dangers we will face along the way. One such danger will definitely be the god's defiled minions. Their numbers have only grown over the years and with the possible return of their god, you can bet they were be more hostile to any who are not one of them. They are radical, violent, and foolishly loyal to their lord and will stop at nothing to see him return to fulfill his ancient quest. Aside from them, there are plenty of other dangers we face in the deeplands, more so since the past two earthquakes have rearranged the place.

You continue on through the night. "Day" comes around and you are all plenty rested. The raft and rocking of the sea had provided a strange comfort. You sail on with Yamalgo promising only two more days of this.

Halfway through the day the raft is bumped hard causing you all to stagger for a moment. Yamalgo pauses and then pulls his steering rod up and moves over to the equipment pile.

Aquan:

We have trouble. A sea beast has decided we might be worth testing for food. I have Javelin's, harpoons, and longspears. Take what you are best with and let's fight this thing off.

Those of you with darkvision see something moving around in the water circling the raft. Those without *cough Colliver* can't see squat as it seems Yamalgo suffers from light sensitivity.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Well, this looks like fun!" said Harn cheerfully.

Motioning toward Yamalgo, he added, "Xzevrra, can you ask our gracious host if he has a preferred course of action regarding this creature?"

The half-orc admired the female drow's figure as he continued, "Specifically: should we attack it, or leave it be?"


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Always good to know" the human dryly comments.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Xzevrra translates Yamalgo's words for the others as she sizes up this new threat. "I believe this creature has already decided to try us first. Yamalgo has offered us a choice of implements to drive it away." Xzevrra takes up one of the javelins, concerned at the prospect of battle. "Doesn't hurt to ask though."

Aquan:
"Is there another way to drive this creature off besides combat? Could we lure it away somehow, maybe with bright lights or loud noise, or abit of food maybe?"


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Ooh! Javelins!" Harn said, taking one in each hand, though it's obvious that he only intends on using one at a time.

The half-orc tracked the movements of the aquatic beast, judging when best to throw.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

you hear a shuffling noise and then a soft "poof" as you look the orc's face is covered is soot and some of his hair is singed.

"I have an explosive that will make for a distraction or make a hole in our foe. Lady's choice."

751 to 800 of 902 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xanxiou's Crystal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.