Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Xanxious Crystal (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


451 to 500 of 902 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Up is fine with me," Harn replied.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Ollivor eyes the webbing and sighs, "Not enough time even if I had the no how, and we have rope already so... nevermind that idea."


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Fort Save 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

"The spider's venom is setting on fast..."

Klug seems to be breathing harshly and moving with pain.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon noticed the foolish orc's condition. He was not surprised, tempt fate one to many times and you will quickly find it. He wondered what would happen first, the orc asking for help or falling before his pride. There was no use for pride in the darklands, it only got you killed.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Oh so close, You only need to make the save once to cure.
Klug takes another point of DEX damage *GM winces* ow that is starting to hurt.
Still need more fort saves. Just roll three more. Once you get 14 your cured.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Fort Save 4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

BOOYA!


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn huffed, "So, Klug'Tier, are you gonna live?"


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"I admit, I was wondering the same thing."


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"What should you care? There are more important things, halfling."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Klug has beaten off the poison. Now what?


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Well, if that's over with, why don't we keep heading up?"


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Up it is, I suggest the most nimble member go first if she doesn't mind?"


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Of course. Just stay close, that thing may have had babies."

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Both Martian Level 20 invader

It is a tight ledge to squeeze past the carcass of the large spider. I need either an acrobatics check, DC 10 to move past the spider or you can use a strength check DC 20 to push it off the branch.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

I'll acrobatics to the other side, and hopefully between both sides we can push it off.

"I'll get around this thing. Hopefully from both sides we can push it off and out of our way."

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Both Martian Level 20 invader

One of you can be the designated pusher and up to two, or rather three with Xzevrra on the other side, people can assist in the strength can adding a +2 to the total result if they score 10 overall.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Sounds like a plan," replied Harn.

I'll be the designated pusher, if no one objects.

Strength check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

EDIT: Wow! I believe that Harn managed that by himself! :P


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"By all means." Ollivor is happy to let the others handle this work. He's never shifted a spider before...
well not a giant one.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Xzevrra near falls over in her attempt to push as Harn shoves the thing off the branch with ease. With the path now clear you all continue forward. You follow the "trail" fof several hours seeing nothing off interest for sometime. The path just keeps going up.

After a good long hike you finally reach what appears to be the ceiling. You find what appears to be a 3 foot high cave just next to the tree path leading into the ceiling. Otherwise there is nowhere else to go.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

....you going to do something? You'd have to crawl but you would be able to continue forward, or you could always go back and try another passage.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"So into the hole or not? I'm not too fond of cramped spaces and all, and this could easily be that thing's nest. Hate to have a bunch of it's babies crawling all over us in a tight space. Or it's mother." Xzevrra cautiously looks inside for a better picture of where it leads, staying well clear and ready to leap back if needed.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn shrugged. "I'm not keen on tight spaces either."

"The way see it, we've either got to crawl in there," the half-orc pointed at the hole. "Go back down and crawl into the fey's lair, or..."

Turning to look at the others, he continued, "Go appropriate the raft."


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"If we keep doubling back, we'll never get anywhere. It's your call, Xzevrra. None of us will force you further, but I think we should continue"


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon signed.

"The raft is not an option, not for me. You dont seem to understand that just because we are in the darklands it does not mean we lack seas as vast as your own. Ours are just more dangerous, their could be swarms of spiders like the one we just met that "fish" from the cavern roof. Along with worst things, not to mention how do you intend to know which direction your going. Their is endless darkness, being at the mercy of the waves would have us drifting in circles without end or crush us into a stone wall. Their is a reason that the only owner of a raft is aquatic in nature."

He let that those thoughts sink in. These uplanders needed to throw away what they thought they knew.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Huh, so up through the hole?" Harn asked.

"If so, I can go first."

If they want to try the hole, Harn will put away his spiked chain and instead wield his kukri.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"I'm not seeing a better option here. This "trip" is beginning to be less fun..."


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"It was fun before?" Ollivor says surprised


Both Martian Level 20 invader

LOL!

Harn crawls into the tunnel. If the others choose to they can follow. Little spiders scurry about and you make your way though but they don't seem to interested in attacking and pretty much let you pass. You crawl for HOURS on your hands and knees through this tunnel seeing no sign of an exit. After awhile fatigue will set in unless you rest.

What'll it be?
Push on and suffer fatigue in hopes of finding the exit to this tunnel?
Or Sleep for a bit in this tight space.
Or go could turn back too.

Your choices


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Cast Detect Magic

Just cause.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"Associates, I have a feeling the end is near, not sure which end but an end. We must keep going despite how comfortable these tunnels may seem."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Well, I have no intention on sleeping here. Likewise, crawling backwards through these tight spaces would be unwise."

"I'm gonna keep going," Harn declared.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Yes, let's keep going." Ollivor agrees. Odd. I don't feel as scared as I should in here. Actually, all this earth and stone so close is oddly...comforting.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Three votes to push on is enough.

You trudge on for a few more hours, fatigue finally setting in. After awhile Harn finds a well lit hole in the ceiling just ahead.

Upon further investigation, you discover the space beyond is another well lit forest. Only difference is the light is coming from the stone ceiling and not the plants. It is nearly as tranquil as any surface forest but it is clear you are still very far underground.

Perception DC 15 and not sensitive to light.:

In the distance you can see what looks like a sizable stone village on the edge of this strange forest. It would only be a good hour hike to reach it with your fatigue.

Now what do you do?


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

Perception": 1d20 ⇒ 1

mmmm, no clues coming to or from Olivor


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Blasted light. Let's see if we can't find a nice dark place, not in that tunnel if we can." Xzevrra tries to hide just how fatigued she is from crawl from the others.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"I say we rest. No point in moving on, otherwise we will find something to take advantage of our lack of energy."

He could care less if the others agreed. You learn to listen to your body if you wanted to survive the darklands.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

"Uh, folks, there's a village of some sort made out of stone way over there. It'd take us about an hour to reach it in our current state."

The half-orc paused for a moment. "Considering that we're a rather motley bunch, I have to agree with Zhimon. If they turn out to be hostile--and face it, this is the Darklands--we'd be at a distinct disadvantage."

"I don't have a problem taking one of the middle watches. I'm used to sleeping in shifts," Harn said cheerily.


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4

"Alright. I'll take first watch though with my vision, it might be best if I don't take it alone."


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"It's still light out boy! you'll do fine till some sort of night cycle sets in. At least I think there will be a night cycle, not many forest type ecosystems can survive without one...

I'll take the second watch."

Klug seems more old and tired from the fatigue, he's not used to this much hard labor despite being a full blooded Orc.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"I'll take first watch with you. If there is a village, they may send out patrols. The first two hours will tell a good bit. Though anyone living in a place like this, I don't trust."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"So, I'll take third watch," declared Harn.

Turning to the male drow, he said, "Zhimon, that means you get last watch, so go ahead and get some sleep. I'll wake you when it's your turn."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon was already sitting with his legs folded under him in trance. He made no move or mention that he agreed.

I admit I take a little pleasure in his tude xP


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn shrugged, as he too settled in to sleep.

Drow! What a funny bunch of people!

BTW: I'm enjoying the way everyone's playing their characters. :)


Male Human (Hit Points: 26/26) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-4
Quote:
"I'll take first watch with you. If there is a village, they may send out patrols. The first two hours will tell a good bit. Though anyone living in a place like this, I don't trust."

"Thank you for lending your eyes to the task then. And well," He smiles noting the trancing priest but continues to speak to her, "This IS the darklands... it is not as other lands etc etc etc ad infinitum.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

Klug sits leaning against a tree, jots some things down in his book and falls quickly to sleep.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You all rest without incident. "Day" does not seem to come or go. The lights are lit for the entire duration of your rest. Once you have all finished resting and consuming your rations Be sure and mark that You are all properly rested and Klug feels the spider venom seems to be getting better. One point healed Now what do you folks do?


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn stretched mightily when he awoke, and chased off the last remnants of a dream involving a certain drow female.

Giving her his friendliest smile (which, admittedly, still looked like that of a feral beast) he said, "Good morning Xzevrra."

Turning to include the others, he continued, "Good morning, everyone. Well, do we avoid the stone village, or go and see if they're willing to talk to us?"


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

"Well I would like to know what dwells in that village. Depending on the race it could be dangerous for some. My people are not well recieved among most darkland races. No point in bring undue attention if they would deal with a human or orc but not a drow for example."

Normally drow were feared, a drow war party was not something to bring down on yourself. But if they were far enough away from a drow city or dealing with foolish creatures then that threat would be meaningless. Few would pass up the chance to murder a drow if they could get away with it.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1
Harn wrote:

Harn stretched mightily when he awoke, and chased off the last remnants of a dream involving a certain drow female.

Giving her his friendliest smile (which, admittedly, still looked like that of a feral beast) he said, "Good morning Xzevrra."

Turning to include the others, he continued, "Good morning, everyone. Well, do we avoid the stone village, or go and see if they're willing to talk to us?"

Xzevrra gives the half-orc a playful smile, "And good morning to you as well, Harn. Another morning without your throat slit, you did good yesterday." "When we get back, I will be making him my personal slave."

Zhimon Radsamhin wrote:
"Well I would like to know what dwells in that village. Depending on the race it could be dangerous for some. My people are not well recieved among most darkland races. No point in bring undue attention if they would deal with a human or orc but not a drow for example."

"Yes, we don't have the forces necessary to show them their place. And this accursed light." The assassin looks up and squints at the source for only a moment. "It would probably be better for someone more accustomed to this brightness to try sneaking a peak at our neighbors."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon is a cleric and like wizards they have to study by candle light on a regular basis, so light does not kill him as much as drow who never get exposed to it, like Xzevrra xD

451 to 500 of 902 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xanxiou's Crystal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.