Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Xanxious Crystal (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


1 to 50 of 902 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Both Martian Level 20 invader

Life for you was what it was. Simple, complicated, easy or hard. Things were becoming predictable and in some cases, comfortable. You traveled, you settled, you struggled but this was seen as normal.

Suddenly, one day. All that changed. A massive earthquake struck the land causing fissures to open all over Golorion. Wherever you were or lived was now the site of one of these great fissures. You were one of it's victims.

You fell for what seemed an eternity down a deep trenh that went on forever. You have no idea there was this much depth to the world. You fall and fall when finally you fall into a tumultuous underground ocean. You are knock unconscious by the impact. The world is black and your thoughts are barely registering in your mind. you wonder. "Am I dead, what happened? Is this a dream?"

You awaken, sopping wet, your body wracked with pain from being jostled about by this strange sea. As you come too you realize that you are on some underground beach. Florecent weeds glow nearby providing enough light to deterimine color and reveal that you are not the only survivor. There are others laying on the beach. Complete strangers. If you had any comrades with you when you fell, they are no where to be seen. You all begin to wake up and are now around of each other.

The biggest questions are, what happened, where are we, who are you, and what now?

This is the adventure of the deepest recesses of the world. The likes of which have never before been discovered by dwellers of both the surface and the underdark. Now to answer the most important question. What to do now.

Post and introduce yourselves. There is dim lighting so even the human in the party can make out his companions. You are on an underground beach. Even though you are underground you cannot determine where the ceiling or even the walls are. Columns of rock are visible and huge. You cannot see how large the land mass you are on is or even how far the ocean goes along it's bank. You can tell that opposite the ocean goes deeper inland, whatever "inland" is.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

A drow in black and red vestments lies on the strange beach. The soft jingle of his sole left earring singing to his mind. He quickly sits up, he shifts his shoulders slightly so the armor plate fit back into place above the layer of robes they sat on. He adjusted his black triple serrated bracers. It seemed the rest of his clothing and gear was fine. He looked around both in the glowing light and the darkvision of his people. He spotted others, some he knew while others he had only known from his studies. He pushes himself up, draws his heavy mace and walks over to the only other drow, a female.

Undercommon:
"I dont suppose you did this or were working for those that did?"

Zhimon really did not want to deal with what could be the prelude to a house attack.

Readied action to attack, not that its going to happen ;)


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Xzevvra awakens and keeps her body still, trained reflexes of mornings awoken and punished if even a muscle twitched. She allows her eyes to open enough to see a dim light. The surface? She had not been before, so was uncertain. Either way she did not enjoy the light.

Slowly she flexes the muscles in her hand, to feel the weight up her sleeves. Still there. And very sore. The pain begins to set in, feeling up and down her body. She needed to move, but her training told her a different story, for if she did move it would not be for long.

She listened for sound, to see if any others were there, the minor sounds others would miss. A gasp of breath many would listen to, but rocks tumbling, the soft brush of cloth, or even subtle movements in the air all gave people away. And it did, others were present.

She was exposed, she could feel it. She could take one by surprise, but could she take the others? She knew not even who the threat was. Footsteps coming towards her. One of her sisters? Did they survive and end up here too? No, too much noise. She feels the weight up her sleeve, prepared to strike if she has to.

The voice stops her. Another drow, a male by the voice. She opens her eyes, straining against the light though forcing herself to stare into his.

Undercommon:
"Am I too believe that you did not either?"


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon looked her in the eye.

Undercommon:
"If it was me I would not be asking. You would also be dead. The others do not seem the type to be involved. You, I am not so sure. Now answer, be sure not to lie as I am sure even you know better then trying that with a priest."

Seemed this one was not used to light as much as him. That ruled out mage or priestess, so that left soilder or assassin. Both were lower stations then his.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

She gives him a smile as her eyes start to adjust.

Undercommon:

"If it was me, I would love to learn how to do it again. It would solve a few problems. But no, I didn't send us down here, only to end up on my back, wet, with you holding an oversized piece of blunt metal in my face. May I at least stand up?"


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

He takes his time thinking about it, keeping an eye on her.

Undercommon:
"If you must. Do you have a house?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The others present around you seem to be in as bad a shape as you are and unusual. We have a human, and two orcs. Going to be great companions to the drow.....yeah right.

Your things you had with you at the time of your falling seem to have washed up with you. There are no signs of other bodies on this beach.

Those of you with normal or low light vision need a score of 20 on the following checks instead of 15.

Perception 15:

The five of you were lined up side by side on the beach with your gear conveniently placed above your heads.

Survival DC 15:

Drag marks and foot prints from the surf to your current position spells out that your were all dragged here by someone who isn't present.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Survival
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Zhimon notices a few things as he looks around.

Undercommon:
"Seems we not only have strange bed fellows. But it looks like we were placed here with our equipment and all by a third unknown party. Coming from the sea at that."


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

She stands, stretching as she does, attempting to appear non-threatening. She visually examines the others as she does.

Undercommon:

"I do believe you are correct. How odd. It would probably in bad taste to simply kill the others outright. A human that one. Odd in appearance though, from the one I'm accustomed to. And the other two, orcs I believe? Perhaps we should wake them?"

Dice:

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

He shrugs.

Undercommon:
"I am no fighter so having some muscle would be beneficial. Best wake one at a time. Seeing a drow as you wake is no easy thing for anyone."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

What a way to start this hehe, Guess we gotta wait for the other three now. I like that the drow are the first to wake. I am amused.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"AAARRRRRGGGG!!!

You hear and see a large Orc jump into the air with weapon in hand.

"I will!... Oh...

My attacker is gone and I'm in a strange place, DANDY!

Klug glances 360, stops at the drow and pulls a flask off his belt.

"I hope for your sake you're not planning on killing me Dark Elf!


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Undercommon:
"It looks like he answered for us."

In heavily accented common, "That depends on you. And I'd avoid the loud screaming. Who knows what may come to us, in search of your noise."


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

Where the hell? a light erupts, almost by instinct, I'm casting spells... The fall.. I remember... As the brightness in his hand shines, the human looks about and squints looking at the ruins "Who's there? and where..." He realizes that those that he thought were elves ARE elves, but judging by their obsidian hued skin, not the friendly kind. "Oh sweet gods."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon gives an inner groan at the orc. He quickly covers his eyes at the new light to avoid being blinded. He speaks in a smoother common then his counterpart.

"Orc if we wanted you dead then you would have a second smile. As for you human do turn that off. Their is enough light for your weak eyes and adding more will give us away to everything around here."

At least the female had common sense, these two were going to die in less then a cycle at this rate.


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

"My gear, my goods. I need to find it. There are things I..." He considers whether it is wise to tell an orc and dark elves about any valuables he might have. He takes a deep breath, and nods, "Alright. I'll try to turn it off ... I would say nice to meet you, but I'm not crazy about the circumstances." He gathers what gear he can, glad that he put some of the most valuable materials among his backpack. He sighs thinking about the poor ponies. There's no way they made it...wherever they landed. Then cautiously, he closes his hand and tries to snuff the light early, remember what he could of his failed wizardry training and hoping it applies here.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"If threatening you to cut off your hand helps speed it along, consider it done. And I will say it's a pleasure to meet you, so why don't you give us a name. You too." She nods at the Orc with the second part.

"This could go bad if the third awakens, and they're together."

Undercommon:
"And tell us how you came to be here?"


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"Fair enough, might I interest you in a sunnier disposition, I can tell you're going to be bad for my indigestion.

I sheath my sword and hold out a potion toward the male Drow with a wicked grin.

For DM:
It's a mutagen, so if he trusts me and drinks it he may be sickened and easier to beat in a fight if one breaks out!


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3
Xzevrra wrote:

"If threatening you to cut off your hand helps speed it along, consider it done. And I will say it's a pleasure to meet you, so why don't you give us a name. You too." She nods at the Orc with the second part.

"Charming," He mimes tipping a hat, "Ollivor Myles, and your names, if you please?"


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"Klug'Tier the Witch Doctor of the RockHeader Tribe at your service."

And bow.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

She continues speaking in Undercommon.

Undercommon:
"You may call me Xzevrra. And what about your still asleep friend there?"


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

The human gives a polite nod to Klug A bowing Orc...never thought I'd see the day, but it is certainly more reassuring than what others say orcs do.

He looks baffled at whatever Xzevrra is doing/saying, "I'm sorry, I don't understand that."


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon looks at the orc and his offer then at the human.

"How about this Klug."

He pulls out a small vial with his free hand.

"You try mine and I will try yours. Which one do you think will walk away. A orc witch doctor or a drow priest."


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"Surely I will try your elixir! A priest's healing potions must be of good quality!"

Klug reaches for the vial (and assuming he is able to grab it) takes it and looks at it for about six seconds.

for DM:
Craft Alchemy to know what the potion is!
Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon takes the vial away from his grasp at the last moment.

"I remind you that I never said anything about it being a healing potion."

His expression grows deadly as he stares at the orc.

"Only a fool even attempts to touch something he knows nothing about."

He puts away the vial. Just another orc, if the other one was the same then both should be put down if they can not be cowed. Looking towards Xzevrra.

Elven:
"Well it seems we have one problem and one with a bit of promise. What do you think?"

He looks towards the human.

"I am Zhimon Radsamhin of House Radsamhin, drow priest."

He gives a slight nod.

I think only Zhimon and Xzevrra know undercommon btw, but just in case XD


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Elven:
"Instinct? Kill them both, loot the corpses. But I don't want to be too hasty. I'm not familiar with this area, and judging by your reaction, I don't think you are either."

"You may call me Xzevrra. And what about your still asleep companion there, Klug?"


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Dice Rolls:

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Harn lay still on the beach, as he heard others moving about and speaking. Well, some of what they're saying makes sense.

Carefully inhaling, he detects their scents. Two elves, well, I think they're elves. One is definitely female, and the other a spellcaster. A human--and an orc. And he reeks of chemicals! Oh, joy!

Harn climbed to his feet, feeling the aches and pains from the fall. He took in his surroundings, but the others caught his attention.

"I'm not asleep," said the feral looking orc, red tattoos marking his exposed green skin.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Giving the dark-skinned elf a toothy grin, he added, "And the name's Harn. I don't know this orc, or any of you, though. More to the point, where's our benefactor? Or did you already ascertain that someone dragged us out of the water? Quite a mystery!"


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"You underestimate the vastness of my intelligence and the awesomeness of my power!

I say this while leaning toward the dark elf with a big stink eye.

"But this is a quarrel for another day.

He pivots and walks away.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon waves a hand at his stink. Useless puffery of the vain.

"Well then foolish orc tell me who dragged us out, where they are, where we are, and why are we here. I doubt you can."

He listens to the other orc, that one at least had a mind.

"Is anyone here besides Xzevrra and myself even a native of the underdark?"

He needed to assess what he had to work with.


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3
Harn wrote:
Giving the dark-skinned elf a toothy grin, he added, "And the name's Harn. I don't know this orc, or any of you, though. More to the point, where's our benefactor? Or did you already ascertain that someone dragged us out of the water? Quite a mystery!"

"It's all a blur for me." Ollivor admits as he glances at his hand that until recently was alight. The tingling of actual magic is fresh, new, and pulsing in his very blood. So that's what it feels like to actually have the power arcane within you. I like it. I just hope it's enough to keep me alive. "The greatest mystery for me right now is how to return to the surface."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn adjusted his gear and cautiously approached the others. "Zhimon, is it? Well, I'll have to see if I can find anymore tracks. And no, I'm from the Inner Sea region of the surface. Absalom was my last home."

Harn smiled, "This is exciting! Well, we'll just have to figure out what's going on. The chasm that opened up beneath me was in Osirion."

Looking over the human, he said, "Olliver, right? You wouldn't have been in Osirion, would you?"


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Xzevrra finishes equipping whatever gear had been brought ashore, keeping her eyes moving and ears alert, listening for any other signs of trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3
Harn wrote:


Harn smiled, "This is exciting! Well, we'll just have to figure out what's going on. The chasm that opened up beneath me was in Osirion."

Looking over the human, he said, "Olliver, right? You wouldn't have been in Osirion, would you?"

"Yes, Olliver, and no... I must say I've never been to Osirion."


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"Hmm... then my guess is that something magical happened to us. But that's not my area of expertise. Let's have a look at finding some tracks."

Harn began to search the immediate area for signs of tracks.

GM:

Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

oh, I'd say magic was involved alright. Me? A Sorcerer? It would appear so. The human seems to take a deep breath and half closes his eyes in focus. I can feel the spells. Good. Because if I accidentally 'go off' no doubt the lady drow at least will take offense about it and a blade through me is probably a career ending injury.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Harn:

It takes you a moment to realize, whoever dumped you here came from the sea. It is unclear as to where your...savior....has run, or rather swam off too but it is clear they haven't been by to check on you for over 5 hours. You are on your own now.....with these...folks.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

After searching around, the others noticed that Harn ended near the water. "Strange, it seems like our rescuer came from the water, and returned there!"

Turning to his boon companions, he added with a feral grin, "And it's been hours since we were left here."

Sniffing the air, Harn said, "Well, there's nothing much to do about that--unless you can breathe water!"

"So, what kind of skills does everyone here have? 'Cause it looks like we're going to have to work together."

"I'm a lore warden: a member of the Grand Lodge of Pathfinders in Absalom. Which is to say, I'm pretty much a bodyguard and a scholar. I'm also decent with outdoorsy stuff."


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

"A pathfinder? That's promising," Ollivor says with some relief visible. Then he considers, "I have some magics, though I'm new to them." Incredibly new.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

"Sometimes people have a problem living. I fix that." Xzevrra walks over to help confirm Harn's tracking. "So these Pathfinders. Please tell me more about them."

Dice:

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

"We explore--mostly ruins--with a primary mission of recovering lost knowledge and artifacts."

Suddenly realizing what Xzevrra said, Harn studied at her closely. She moves like a predator.

Aloud he said with a toothy smile, "So, you 'help' people with their emotional problems, huh?"


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

He wondered why Asmodeus tested him so.

"It means she kills people. Assassin is a common perfession among the drow. I am a priest."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Xzerrva:

How did you do that? Get the same exact result Harn got? Your gonna have to show me that trick. Read the spoiler I gave Harn.


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

DM:

As with the earthquake, if I could repeat that I would. I certainly wouldn't mind 19s on demand.

"You almost say that like it's a bad thing, Zhimon. And I happen to enjoy Harn's description. You should see the emotion a person displays as they realize you're about to solve their problems." She follows the path Harn sees. "And he's quite right about the trail too." She ponders for a moment. "Well, we've had Klug's scream and Olliver's light. Regardless of who helped us, I don't see them now, and I'd say we'll probably have problems soon if we don't move. I recommend we pack up and head off, at least find somewhere defensible if need be. Unless someone wants to try swimming."


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

"I'm going to need light of some sort or I'll end up blind," Ollivor states as he sorts through his backpack, then he raises a brow as he draws forth an Everburning Torch, "Will this be tolerable?" Oh thank goodness this was still in stock.


Male Orc Alchemist 2

"The fissure in the ground is something that, I'm fairly certain, has never happened before. So if you have extensive knowledge on something the world hasn't learned about please... Let me know.

Are you from Osirion Dark Elf? because I certainly am not. This means that holes opened up across Golarion and landed us in the same place. Teleportation magic, or something far bigger than any of us. Insult my intelligence again and perhaps we'll see how you fair without it."

At this point I'm red in the face getting really worked up but, pausing for a moment I regain my composure and continue.

"Haha... Let's do this thing together shall we? Besides, we can always stick knives in eachother's person if we so desire... Later!"

I lean on my sword and wait patiently for a response, I seem very sure of myself in that I showed my better more sophisticated side.


Male Drow Cleric of Asmodeus 2

Zhimon shales his head, surfacer's always jumped to simple answers. In the Darklands nothing was simple, even the laws of nature were nothing more then a suggestion.

Elven:
"Looks like we will be needed alot. They dont know a thing about the darklands."

Turning to the others.

"Teleportation magic may have had nothing to do with it. The darklands has tunnel systems that span the world, they do not follow a stright line in any direction most of the time. These fissures could have simply created new tunnels and reworked the old ones. It is not uncommon, which would mean all our aches and pains could be from being tossed miles down and around to this area where we were dropped into the sea. Someone or something then could have simply dragged us ashore from any location with in this vast sea. It does not mean that we were even in the same general area."

He waves to the sea that kept going even beyond a drow's exceptional darkvision.

"I agree we should get moving."

He checked his supplies. Water was not an issue for him, he could create his own. His food supply was good enough for now, that would become a problem in a few days. If they found nothing before half his rations were gone then returning to the sea would be the best move. Even in the darklands their were fish.


Male Half-orc Lore Warden Fighter 2; AC 17, flat-footed 14, touch 13; HP 20/20; Init +2; Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3; Perception +10 (+18 scent)

Harn waited politely for the others to finish their conversation before saying, "Yes, let's leave this place, and find somewhere more interesting!"

Harn looked around, trying to decide what he felt was the best direction to head. Soon, he decided on a path that rose slightly from the beach. "I say we head to higher ground. How about this way?"


{HP 18/18 | AC 17 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/3/5 | Inish +3, Per +8} Female Elf Inquisitor 1

Elven:
"The easier to deal with them if they prove a problem."

"One way is as good as another for now." She turns to Harn. "How quiet can you be? It may well be best to send one scout ahead to check our trail, and I know my own skill."


Male Human (Hit Points: 20/20) Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon Draconic Bloodline)-3

Listening to Zhimon's disheartening explanation and Harn's suggestion, Ollivor nods"Well enough." he says with simple confidence. He holds the everburning torch low to his side, to diminish its light a bit while still providing enough to see

1 to 50 of 902 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xanxiou's Crystal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.