Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Xaaon of Xen'Drik

Curse of the Crimson Throne AP


251 to 300 of 3,469 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

"Once everyone is awake, we should get to the building."


Happy New Year :)

Panish looks about a bit disheveled, "Did I mention I'm not a morning person? Let's get this over with, I'm not in the mood for talking we can just go in and take the justice to them." Panish looks sullen a moment, while his own words start sinking in, then he proceeds "I'm sorry, it's the morning speaking - this hour isn't made for me."

Aliandara is here too, we can proceed to the building :)


CotCT GameMaestro

You gear up and get moving, the fog clings to you, the air is freshest you've smelled, the fog pulling the scent of smoke, death and refuse out of the air. You travel from lantern to lantern, reaching All the World's Meat, before dawn. The streets are very quiet in the early morning hours.


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

"Company halt. So now we wait for some kind of shipment of livestock to be slaughtered? What kind?"


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Marra sighs, getting tired of this guardsman's inability to adapt. "We're supposed to be quiet, and not give away that we're connected to the city...so as not to alert Vandercaskin..."

I know that Marra is a DMPC, but this is exactly how I would be playing her without being the pick-up DM.


Still grumbling unhappily, though the frisk morning breeze does its part to return the liveliness of Panish. "We should probably split into two groups to properly keep an eye on the place. We don't know from which side the shipment is coming, nor which way it will enter the place. Unless, of course, there is one vantage point that allows us to see all major entrances to the place." Glancing over to Aliandara, "You should know, what do you suggest?"

Qadira

M Human Cleric (of Abadar) 2

Sollus muses aloud, "Given the state of unrest the city is in, I would expect any livestock being smuggled in would have to come in under some sort of cover, in a wagon, or somehow smuggled in through an underground passageway, from a nearby building."


"Perhaps, but the livestock would have to come from outside the city - the animals would not take kindly to transport by wagon or tunnel. Regardless, we should be able to either see something at the stock entrance - or hear something from the butchery itself. Maybe Aliandara should reprise her role as lowly beggar and keep a close ear to the wall behind the All World's Meat. The rest of us can keep a lookout on the likely entrance for cargo or livestock."


Female Half-elf Rogue 3

Aliandara beams “I think that is an excellent idea, don’t want to waste this pretty outfit now do we “ as she gestures to the beggars outfit she is already wearing. “


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Sense Motive, any:
You realize that Sgt. Drakus does that half because he is a solid military traditionalist and half because it really annoys Marra.

"Sounds good. I am a little curious as to where they get this free meat. I had thought all the usual supplies had dried up due to the rioting."
Sgt. Drakus takes off his distinctive helm and shield and throws a cloak on to look like just another man-at-arms.


CotCT GameMaestro

Drakus:

Spoiler:
You know from the local scuttlebutt, that livestock has still been arriving, though some shipments have been lost many have been still arriving, though in limited numbers. Bribes have most likely been used to redirect certain shipments. Shipments have been guarded most times.

Everyone make a Perception: (Sound Based) please

Good observations by everyone, there will be some bonus XP thrown in for them.


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

Qadira

M Human Cleric (of Abadar) 2

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Perception (+2) 1d20 ⇒ 10=12

gotta wait for Aliandara on this one since she prolly has the best Perception.


Female Half-elf Rogue 3

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


CotCT GameMaestro

Aliandara

Spoiler:
You hear some chopping from within the building, just before you hear the cowbells as the drovers approach with 2 cows, and some goats.

You all hear cowbells as some drovers approach with 2 cows, and some goats. You also hear some conversation between the guards and the drovers, "The building is up ahead."


Panish keeps his voice low, "Shall we take a closer look at the wares?"

Qadira

M Human Cleric (of Abadar) 2

Sollus exhales softly, relieved to see actual livestock, and not the more sinister fare he was dreading. Silly really, he chides himself, this is Korvosa, not some savage frontier...


Female Half-elf Rogue 3

"Did you hear that? I think I hear some chopping inside. Could this be their second delivery?"


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Marra turns her head toward the building and listens again. "No, all I hear is the drovers." She whispers


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

"Chopping?"
Sgt. Drakus frowns in thought.
"Why would they be chopping...Before...the livestock arrives?"

Qadira

M Human Cleric (of Abadar) 2
Sgt. Drakus wrote:
"Why would they be chopping...Before...the livestock arrives?"

"Oh, I got that bad feeling again..." Sollus says, turning pale.

The first one to say 'long pig' gets his shoes puked on! Sollus is a sheltered city boy!


"Oh grow up, it's probably just the early cuts from the cold storage. Let's get this over with - maybe the day can be salvaged with some Varisian ham." Panish visibly lightens up at the prospect. "I say we take a look inside and get these ill-forebodings out of the way."


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Marra looks at Pannish quizzically "Cold Storage? That place doesn't have a basement..."

"Aliandara, why don't you get a closer look."


CotCT GameMaestro

From the sounds of it, the drovers have arrived at the Livestock gate on the side of the building. You hear "Oi! We 'ere wit de 'livry!" a few seconds pass, you hear "Hold on!" as the bar is lifted off the gate, and they pull the gate open through the muck of the pen.

"Olroight, that'll be 3 crown for each o'th heffers, and 1 crown fer each o'th goats. And 10 crowns fer the trouble..."

"WHAT? twenty crowns? For 2 diseased cows and 4 skinny goats...? You're insane!"

"Oi'm sure oi'culd foind me a buyer fer that...'ungry people round 'ere...'ungry people oi say"

"Keep it down, get the livestock in here, we got a lot of work t'do still."

"Fine!, here's your 20 crowns."

"Olroight, pleasur do'in bi'ness wit'cha gents. Pleasur, Oi say..."

[i] You all realize that those prices are very steep, especially if the livestock isn't in prime condition. And they're giving the meat away...


Now it is Panish's turn to look puzzled. "A butchery without a cold room? But the carcasses need to hang for weeks before the meat is good."

"Oh look. Things are getting good - if ever there was a time to bother a suspicious butcher, now be it."


Female Half-elf Rogue 3

Aliandara sighs " This isn't getting us anywhere; I will just go in like I tried yesterday and ask for meat then see where that gets me this time ". Aliandara looks around to see if she spots any other people awaiting the butchery's charity and then approaches the front door of the shop.


CotCT GameMaestro
Aliandara Leloric wrote:
Aliandara sighs " This isn't getting us anywhere; I will just go in like I tried yesterday and ask for meat then see where that gets me this time ". Aliandara looks around to see if she spots any other people awaiting the butchery's charity and then approaches the front door of the shop.

The shop is still closed in the wee hours of the morning. Another hour or so til sun-up.

You approach the door, and over the gated fence area you hear:

Spoiler:
"Ole Pinkton better watch how much he gouges us on this meat, or we'll be serving him up..." "Shut up you fool, Vancaskern will hear you." as they take a goat into the building and close the door.


Quietly: "I'll see if I can get them to open up - or at least distract them - you guys go see if you can find an opportunity to capitalize."

Panish puts on an easy smile and approaches the livestock fence. Loudly, "Greetings to All the World's Meat! May Iomedae request a delivery of meats?"

If Panish gets some attention, he'll attempt to negotiate a deal on behalf of the temple of Iomedae to secure a shipment of one expertly butchered cow to the benefit of the Iomedaen women's sanctuary. If the mood turns sour he'll try to relax the atmosphere ("...I could go for all the world's mead myself...").


Should these become necessary:
Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


CotCT GameMaestro

Waiting on Aliandara again, she may have info to disseminate


Female Half-elf Rogue 3

Aliandara sees this as an opportunity to try and climb the building to the second floor, as the people are either busy with Panish or the new live stock or the chopping inside on the first floor.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Should I make an acrobatics check?


CotCT GameMaestro

As Panish approaches the door, Aliandara moves quiet as a cat around the outside of the building, she begins to climb the building, as she reaches the top, she makes a mistake she hadn't made in years, she forgot how slick the tiles would be in the early morning fog. Aliandara slips, a knocking a tile into the mud below with a squish it lands, Aliandara dangles by a single hand.

Meanwhile, at the front door, Panish waits, until the door opens, and the ugly deserter stands there, covered in blood; holding a large cleaver in his meaty fist.

"Whut you want?" he bellows.

"Greetings to All the World's Meat! May Iomedae request a delivery of meats?" Panish says in a bright cheerful voice.

"Priest huh..." You see his eyes shift around, a sure sign of thinking up a lie. Then he speaks after a few seconds. "Dis meat 'as already been bought priest, Mebbe y'kin come t'morrer and we kin arrange fer a d'liv'ry."


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Marra, having followed at a distance behind Aliandara to watch over her, Falcata drawn, glistening with condensation of the fog, almost let out a little yelp as Aliandara slipped. She held her tongue, reminding herself to maintain the silence.


Female Half-elf Rogue 3

Hanging by one hand Aliandara attempts to get her balance and pull herself back up again, being careful to get both hands in position and trying to get some grip for her feet. All the while still looking for a window she might be able to infiltrate the place through.


"Ah, you seem to be a hardworking man. There is no need to be apprehensive. Iomedae not only requires this meat for charity - she understands that in this time of distress and need it is important to compensate your efforts generously."

With those words Panish briefly shows a small purse that hangs heavily in his hand before stowing it back inside his cloak.


Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

If Panish senses that the butcher will invite him inside due to awakening greed, then he will follow along continuing the litany below. Otherwise he will try to slip past the man in a goodhearted way before the man realizes Panish's intentions by continuing his litany: "Iomedae not only bids me to pay handsomely, I can aid this honorable establishment with divine favor: by helping to stave of decay and keeping the meat in gentle repose you can sell finer meat that will last longer."


As appropriate
Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


CotCT GameMaestro

OK yesterday I posted, and it was on the boards, now it's gone. strange; repost soon.


CotCT GameMaestro
Panish Valimer wrote:

"Ah, you seem to be a hardworking man. There is no need to be apprehensive. Iomedae not only requires this meat for charity - she understands that in this time of distress and need it is important to compensate your efforts generously."

With those words Panish briefly shows a small purse that hangs heavily in his hand before stowing it back inside his cloak.


Diplomacy 1d20 + 12
Sense Motive 1d20 + 5

If Panish senses that the butcher will invite him inside due to awakening greed, then he will follow along continuing the litany below. Otherwise he will try to slip past the man in a goodhearted way before the man realizes Panish's intentions by continuing his litany: "Iomedae not only bids me to pay handsomely, I can aid this honorable establishment with divine favor: by helping to stave of decay and keeping the meat in gentle repose you can sell finer meat that will last longer."


As appropriate
Diplomacy 1d20 + 12
Bluff 1d20 + 6

Sollus/Sarge what are you doing?

Aliandara:

Spoiler:
You pull yourself up on the roof, and silently stride across the tiles, you see the room is lit with a lantern, and stay out of the light, a male form finishes dressing as straps on his blade.

Panish:

Spoiler:
The man's eyes flare with murder when you show the pouch as his hand tightens around the cleaver causing a drop of blood to fall. "Why, Oi think we moight be able to work out sump'n if'n y'll just step inside..."


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

I was waiting for the scouts to signal the rest of us forward. I'm not much of an undercover guy.

Qadira

M Human Cleric (of Abadar) 2

I really have no idea where Sollus is supposed to be right now. Is he around a corner from Panish and his negotiations? Down the street? Standing next to him? I'm baffled.

If Sollus is near enough to Panish to hear / view what is going on, there's no way he's comfortable with the man entering alone, so he'd be tempted to wait for him to enter and then charge in before the door closes, either fumbling some lame excuse about getting left behind by his 'friend' or all guns blazing, depending on the situation...

To the Sergeant, he whispers, hand clenched until his knuckles are white on his loaded crossbow. "Enought skulking about. We need to get in there, and I don't care how much violence is needed. I fear that they are butchering people, not livestock..."

Gosh, won't that be embarassing if Sollus has watched too much X-Files!


CotCT GameMaestro

btw, sorry for those that are not actively engaged at the moment. I want to keep everyone involved as much as possible.


Panish proceeds to keep his new butcher friend occupied with honeyed words, subtly moving himself into the door - but not beyond its threshold. He tries to position himself in such a way to make the butcher face away from Drakus and Sollus; and proceeds to stall for time. ("I know it is a tremendous burden at this time of mayhem and lawlessness - but I'm trying hard to give the women and children in Iomedae's sanctuary the illusion of a steady and secure life. Something more than a gruel, something to remind them of better times - to this end, is it at all possible that this house can cater with a Varisian ham, or possibly a honeyed dry-cured ham?")

If and as necessary:
Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Holy crap! Sollus and Drakus better make a move now!


Female Half-elf Rogue 3

DM:
Can I recognise the person I am seeing, like is it Vancaskern, because if it is I might want to try and get into the room


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

He's been in there how long with no signal?
Impatient, Sgt. Drakus moves from the alleyway to the door. When he gets there he will enter unannounced.


Seeing Drakus approaching, Panish steels himself for a potential struggle - determined not to stand down his ground on the threshold of the door.


CotCT GameMaestro
Aliandara Leloric wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
well you've never actually seen Vancaskern, but it could be him.
Qadira

M Human Cleric (of Abadar) 2

Sollus moves in behind Sgt. Drakus, crossbow at the ready.


CotCT GameMaestro

Panish states, "I know it is a tremendous burden at this time of mayhem and lawlessness - but I'm trying hard to give the women and children in Iomedae's sanctuary the illusion of a steady and secure life. Something more than a gruel, something to remind them of better times - to this end, is it at all possible that this house can cater with a Varisian ham, or possibly a honeyed dry-cured ham?"

The guardsmen's eyes narrow, as his greed is overshadowed by the chink in the story, "Did you say Sanctuary?" As he sees Drakus appearing through the fog. He bolts for the back of the shop, yelling..."We got us some Meddlers."


Panish mutters to himself "Oh by Iomedae's beard..." then motions to Drakus and Sollus to speed-up their advance. Panish draws his sword and readies his shield, his lips soundlessly mouthing an Inheritor's blessing.


CotCT GameMaestro
Panish Valimer wrote:
Panish mutters to himself "Oh by Iomedae's beard..." then motions to Drakus and Sollus to speed-up their advance. Panish draws his sword and readies his shield, his lips soundlessly mouthing an Inheritor's blessing.

Iomedae has a beard now? Maybe she should go see someone about that. I should have time to get a map up tonight, so roll (I) plz

251 to 300 of 3,469 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Act III All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.