Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Xaaon of Xen'Drik

Curse of the Crimson Throne AP


2,751 to 2,800 of 3,470 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

with a slightly scared voice and face
"Coffins....As in we could be in their lair"


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

As Marra concentrates, she leads the group to a trap door in the Southeast corner of the room. "It appears our quarry may be in there."

Sorry was prepping for a Paranoia game I ran this weekend...so I fell a little behind.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Then by all means lets get goin."


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 50/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

So, did either my 26 or Nik'o's 24 on perception checks turn up anything?


Nik'o takes her position at the back.


CotCT GameMaestro
Gregor Ward wrote:
So, did either my 26 or Nik'o's 24 on perception checks turn up anything?

You saw the mist that WAS those two vampires dissipate. Non-player knowledge, those two vampires were actually destroyed by the holy power of Cayden Cailien.


CotCT GameMaestro

You stand before a 2'x4' trap door, the hinges look quite rusty and will likely creak and squeal when opened. You could hear when you approached the hollow space in the floor, as your footfalls become markedly louder.


"Who wants to go first?"


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 58/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Drakus swears again.
"NOBODY wants to go first."
He grasps the handle of the trapdoor and heaves it open; standing defensively just in case soemthing leaps out.


CotCT GameMaestro

As Drakus throws open the trapdoor, a small crawlspace is revealed, but no movement is apparent. As you cast light under the space, 4 coffins are revealed, it appears that only enough space is available to open them in the cramped space, then the smell of death and decay hits...

Fort Save DC 11 vs. sickness.


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 58/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Fail!


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Fortitude save
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

"Lord Drakus iffen tha door was too heavy yah didnt ave tah strain yerself openin it!"


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 50/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Fort save 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 2 = 16


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

Crap, I hate Fort saves

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Marra Quickly covers her nose with her arm. "Whew, and I thought they smelled bad on the outside."


CotCT GameMaestro

Drakus wholly unready for the wave of decay, and having just thrown open the hatch is unable to protect himself from the stench.

Wow, DC 11...Donagar looks a bit pale in the face as well...like a dwarf too long without a beer.


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

Surprised he did not lose his lunch, with that natural 1.


Fort.: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Nik'o recoils, putting a hand on the nearby wall, she's bent, feeling like she'll loose her lunch.


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

Did not expect to see another natural 1 on the same save so soon.


CotCT GameMaestro

Thus the reason I hate a single die, for any given roll, no curve, just a flat chance.

The enormity of the situation combined with the additional stench seems to be too much for Drakus and Nik'o, already weakened from the Bloodveil. A Deathly still challenges the companions as they stare at into the cramped space. What do you do?


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 58/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Drakus stumbles back and falls to his knees, heaving...

How long does this last? A round or two?


CotCT GameMaestro

Just 1 rnd. I should have let you guys know, my kid's 13th B-day was this last weekend, so I was really busy getting everything ready for that, thus not updating the scene...though it seems no one is answerign what they're doing regardless...except poor Drakus, looking like a cat hoarfing up a hairball...


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

Does not help with the forums acting a bit off

"Let's stake us some Vamps"


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Oh I didn't even check in over the weekend, so I hadn't noticed any issues...

Marra looks at the crawl space. "Looks a bit cramped, never a halfling around when you really need one."


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 50/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

"I will enter if I must, but whatever the first one did that has weakened me so much, gives me pause." Gregor offers.


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

"I have better eyes, so I'll go in first."


CotCT GameMaestro

Perception checks please


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

"Who'll follow behind me?"


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 50/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Perception 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (3, 9) + 10 = 22

Gregor feels a little more comfortable not being directly at the front, "I'll follow close behind, I have pretty good eyes in dim lighting."


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

Perception: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (2, 3) + 12 = 17


CotCT GameMaestro

Gregor's hairs stand up on his neck as a chill runs down his spine... Gregor: You feel rather than hear or see something behind you...four coffins, you've only seen 3 vampires...your internal alarms scream danger.


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 50/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor issues a warning, "Everyone be on the lookout, there may still be one more of them lurking about!" before renewing the light spell on his blade.


CotCT GameMaestro

As Gregor cast the light spell it illuminates a slender roguish vampire as it strikes at Marra from behind.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + (6, 1) = 8

Marra sees the look in Gregor's eye as he notices her, and moves half an inch, the blade scraping across her ribs, rather than through her heart.

New Initiative


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

Sneaky, and well played, just like a Vamp


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 58/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Drakus staggers to his feet again, spitting to clear his mouth.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Board is not showing new posts... Sorry.

Nik'o takes a deep breath as the others step down. Hearing the warning, she curses her weak stomach and moves to the mouth of the trap, trying to see what's going on.

Perception w/ Darkvision 30': 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


CotCT GameMaestro

NO Problem.

Nik'o also catches the movement, anyone who got higher than 21 gets an action during the surprise round.


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 50/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Init 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Marra 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (6, 9) + 4 = 19


CotCT GameMaestro

On the map, the trapdoor is at K11.


Nik'o looks through the trapdoor, noticing the dark shape. With haste, she moves her fingers, conjuring strands out of thin air.

Cast Web on the area where the vampire is. Trying to get him in five foot deep.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Initative 1d20 ⇒ 15

not seeing when new posts are made for some reason


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

Boards were acting funky for a week, til a few days ago.

Map

Gregor Ward wrote:

Perception 2d10+10

Gregor feels a little more comfortable not being directly at the front, "I'll follow close behind, I have pretty good eyes in dim lighting."

after quickly thinking on Gregor's words she thinks

Humans have a hard time with dim light, looks like I could be right right about Gregor.
But first things first, dealing with the vamps.


CotCT GameMaestro

Web won't work this time unless you want to catch members of the group, I will update with locations tonight (I hope).


Ok, she goes for Magic Missile instead.

3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 1) + 3 = 7


CotCT GameMaestro

Sorry guys wasn't able to get around to updating the map, been sick this weekend. Basically you're all around the trapdoor as you all declared looking in.


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

I hope you feel better after a few days rest.


CotCT GameMaestro

Annnd we're back, sorry after being sick on Monday, I was slammed with work...still slammed but taking a couple minutes to get the game back on the track

Surprise Round
Nik'o (casts magic missile)

After Surprise Round
Initiative Order
Marra
Nik'o
Vampire
Drakus
Donagar
Mai
Gregor


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

As the bolts of force slam into the vampire, Marra swings her blade at the vampire's neck as she spits a curse that would make a sailor blush.

2d10 + 6 ⇒ (10, 10) + 6 = 26 WOW! double 10s, Automatic Critical under my test system.

playtest:

1d8+2x2 max dmg=Min:4 Min Crit:10 Max:20
Margin=TH-AC 26-17=9
Margin+Min=19

Marra's blade slices halfway through the vampire's neck, causing it to reel back from her.

2,751 to 2,800 of 3,470 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Act III All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.