Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Xaaon of Xen'Drik

Curse of the Crimson Throne AP


2,701 to 2,750 of 3,470 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Marra, being the closest to the door, immediately moves to open it at Nik'o's command. "Be ready people!"Marra steels herself, knowing this is the gravest threat she has ever faced, now realizing how little she knew of the one of the most powerful types of the living dead.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Ready as im gonna git."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Round 4

Gregor relaxes from the lead, now that they have more light, and Marra and Drakus are inside. The strike took a lot out of him, but he doesn't let that show by flagging his spirit, and instead tries to add some encouraging words to the others. "It seems we are enough of a threat to run from, and within the smaller building they have a little less mobility. Let's keep taking the fight to them."

Standard Action, Inspire Courage Bard Song (Oratory) lasting for rounds 4, 5, and 6.


CotCT GameMaestro

will have map posted tonight...but I'll need to know everyone's position in the current room, Marra has moved to H8.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Donagar will enter last and hold position at G11.

Reminder map

"Drakus I am takin rear guard fer now, unless yah want it."


Nik'o is in H12.


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

I'll go to (I,9)

Drakus nods to Donagar as he takes right flank.


CotCT GameMaestro

Always go to the same link for the map, it's posted on my profile as well now.


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Marra pushes the door open, your eyes adjust rather quickly. Unbalanced stuffed animals, poorly equipped toy soldiers, and
dolls exhibiting myriad accidental deformities stare blankly out
of the filth-smeared front window of this toy store showroom.
Several heavy-looking kites dangle purple and crimson tails
from the ceiling above, and a dollhouse recreating Castle
Korvosa’s intimidating towers dominates a table in the room’s
center. You quickly look around for the vampire...


Nik'o scans the shadow, using her inborn talent to see through darkness.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Continues to guard the rear.


Current: alias: Pai

Mai looks about carefully.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


CotCT GameMaestro

remember 2d10 for skills...everyone else roll perception as well please.


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Perception 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (5, 10) + 10 = 25

With the light of his sword, and Drakus' shield, Gregor uses his impeccable night vision to investigate the room with the practiced eye of a proud member of the Korvosan Guard.


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Drakus tries to stay in formation as we proceed into the next room.
Perception: 2d10 + 0 ⇒ (3, 9) + 0 = 12


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Perception
2d10 + 7 ⇒ (3, 10) + 7 = 20


Current: alias: Pai

Should I re-roll?


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

I vote yes!


CotCT GameMaestro

I'll catch up on this this weekend, been sick and I have a dentist appt tomorrow...yay... ;/ apologies.(also I received a review copy of IK RPG and trying to get multiple reviews out before the release on the 19th.


CotCT GameMaestro

woo, two teeth (remnants) pulled and bone graft...not covered by the insurance...lame & a half!

Gregor not only notices the mist in the corner of the room to the right, he also hears movement behind.

Roll new initiative...


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Init 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Gregor levels a heads up for the group, "Look alive team, there is a pocket of mist there," he points to the corner "and the sound of movement at our backs."


Current: alias: Pai

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Nik'o wonders for an instant whether looking dead might not actually be better at this very moment.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Initative
1d20 ⇒ 19


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

INITIATIVE=1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Current: alias: Pai

Great roll there, almost everyone's roll is better than the ninja's roll


CotCT GameMaestro

As you spin you see one more figure hiding in the shadows, a dagger in his hand...he locks eyes with Nik'o

Yeah, not bad, I just had put the wring Initiative mod in at first...I'll update after work....get those Initiative rolls in.


CotCT GameMaestro

Initiative Order:
20 Marra
19 Donagar
18 Nik'o
16 Gregor
7 Mai
6 Drakus
1 Vampire #3

The vampire looks exceptionally surprised that you have seen him. You note that it's not a dagger in his hand, but a large knife (like a bowie knife) and he has another in a calf sheath, a silvery glint can be see below his shirt, strangely this vampire seems a tad 'heavy', large boned perhaps..


Current: alias: Pai

"I think it's full, and could get messy when we kill the bloodsucker"


Nik'o stares at the new vampire: "Do I know you?" She moves her fingers quickly, summoning forth the arcane threads around the room. They soon coalesce into actual strands of sticky substance that fill the area where the vampire stands.

Not sure whether this is doable given initiative order and the layout of the room, but, if possible, cast Web to catch the vampire in, and not one of us... If not, let me know, I'll change my action.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Donagar once again channels positive energy

3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 6) = 14


CotCT GameMaestro

ROUND 1

Marra advances to attack the gaseous vampire. As Donagar's energy washes over the pair of vampires.
Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Vampire 2 Will Save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Vampire 1 Will Save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The attack passes through the neck of the gaseous vampire, doing nothing as the gas reforms, but then the wave of energy washes over it, though it seems to do less than the blast in the alley.Nik'o then fills the back third of the room with webs, catching it wholly in the webs as it attempted to dive out of the area, being in the corner was just to much distance to spring as the webs coalesce around it.

Reflex save for Vampire
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Round 1
Gregor
Drakus
Mai
Vampire #1

Round 2
Marra
Donagar
Nik'o


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Just knowing they were all going to die, Drakus swings his bardiche around to Vampire 1.
. . Masterwork Bardiche attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 for a possible 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 cutting damage.

"Dammit! DONT LOOK AT THEIR EYES!"
Natural-Born Leader-- Your cohorts, followers, and summoned creatures gain +1 vs. Mind-affecting effects.


Current: alias: Pai

Drakus is that not a crit you rolled


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor calls out words of encouragement, trying to motivate his allies to greater success. "Good job team! We've got them separated, divide and conquer, and we will rid our fair city of this vileness."

Round 1: Status - 2 negative levels
Standard, Bardic Performance - Inspire courage +1 atk/dmg (lasts 3 rnds)
I don't see the vamps on the map, or where the web is, so Gregor is not moving.


Nik'o extends her fingers and lets loose a volley of shadow needles. The needles fly true through the web and strike the vampire in the chest. "You wanted darkness? You shall have it!"

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) + 3 = 12


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Crit confirm? 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 for a possible extra 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 cutting damage.


Yeah sorry I haven't updated the map, work and oral surgery have me a little bit behind, these vamps are toast though. Had two teeth pulled yesterday with plenty of pain to boot.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

That is exactly what we are going to do with these vamps.


CotCT GameMaestro

Gregor holds his action, while Drakus advances on the vampire, neatly removing its head from its shoulders with a masterful strike, the head tumbling into the webs as the body begins to decay quickly in the webs. The energy from Donagar's channeling seems to have destroyed the essence of the other, as the mist loses its shape and dissipates into the chill night air.

What now?


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Marra lets out a short laugh."Is that it? That's the scourge of the night?"


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Drakus looks around wildly, the whites of his eyes showing with fear.
"Donagar! Can you detect 'em? That was too easy!"


Nik'o, still on edge, slowly calms. Her curiosity eventually takes over and she starts scanning the room, using her darkvision when necessary: "What is this place?"

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

"We've seen them fade into mist before. Scour the place, make sure they didn't hide somewhere else in here." Gregor begins to look all over for signs of where they could hide. "I think I may recognize the place."

Perception 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (6, 10) + 10 = 26
Know: Local to know anything about the place 2d10 + 14 ⇒ (7, 3) + 14 = 24


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"I got no spell fer detectin undead ready, maybe we should return tah tha temple regroup and inform tha others bout tha undead."

"Undead aint mah specialty neither, might want tah gets more information."


Current: alias: Pai

"They puffed into smoke after a few good hits,
Let's check this place out to see,
if they are hiding somewhere nursing their wounds."


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

"Don't they just reform in their coffins? How about detect evil?"


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

"Coffins, is that right? I thought that was ghouls, I swear I've heard so many rumors I have no idea what's truth. Iomedae can lead me to those of extreme morality" Marra then mutters a short prayer to Iomedae requesting assistance in locating those of extreme evil.

2,701 to 2,750 of 3,470 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Act III All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.