Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Xaaon of Xen'Drik

Curse of the Crimson Throne AP


2,651 to 2,700 of 3,470 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

CotCT GameMaestro

GM is here, though I think Donagar and Drakus need to curb their enthusiasm...LOL, 1 round of combat, 3 rounds of attacks from Drakus, 2 channels from Donagar...hmmm....so Drakus' first attack was a miss, Donagar's first channel was for 14 dmg which the Vampire gets a willpower save for...It's a vampire, not an orc, it's NOT destroyed...


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

So it turned into a puff of smoke and went to it's coffin.


CotCT GameMaestro

The Vampire turns it's steely will against Donagar's playful god, but to no avail, as the wave of holy energy washes over the vampire, strips of flesh peel back from it and it howls in pain.

Drakus takes the opportunity to attack as the vampire reels in pain, drawing a line down it, with his glaive, it falls heavily to the ground, lifeless.

Spoiler:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

As that one falls, you hear rustling from thebodies hear the wall as they explode outward.

Reflex save (DC15) for Marra and Gregor to avoid the tumbling corpses, (failure will obviously expose them to Bloodveil.) as two more monsters appears in a crumbled part of the wall.

Order:
Nik'o
Marra
Gregor
Mai
Donagar (channeling 14dmg)
Vampires


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Reflex:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Marra just narrowly avoids the tumbling corpses as she stops one with her blade as the others tumble into it.


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

"Oh crap, More of them"


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 50/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Ref 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 2 = 20

Gregor, more prepared after the last surprise, manages to turn away from the corpses as they burst forth, protecting his face and other exposed skin from contact with them.

Bard's Song +1/+1 still in effect.


Still no map? Hard to decide what to do...

Nik'o curses as her spell seem to have no grip on the vampire. Necromancy... It figures!

Her sigh of relief as the undead crashes to the floor is cut short by the explosion of corpses. She twists and extends a finger forth, drawing on a simple, yet effective incantation: "Dirotto!" Three shafts of ebony spring forth and fly directly in the torso of the closest beast.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) + 3 = 11


CotCT GameMaestro
Nik'o wrote:

Still no map? Hard to decide what to do...

Nik'o curses as her spell seem to have no grip on the vampire. Necromancy... It figures!

Her sigh of relief as the undead crashes to the floor is cut short by the explosion of corpses. She twists and extends a finger forth, drawing on a simple, yet effective incantation: "Dirotto!" Three shafts of ebony spring forth and fly directly in the torso of the closest beast.

Magic Missile: 3d4+3

map was posted last page...


Thanks. Sorry about that.


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

"Anyone know their weaknesses?"


CotCT GameMaestro

No one rolled high enough to know weaknesses

oops marras turn...work kicks my butt during the week, I'll post Marra's action in hte AM...
Donagar if you're going to stick with the second channel, you're action is good, everyone else can act, I'll post a summary when everyone states what they're doing. the vamps are near Marra at the wall.


"Dirotto!" nik'o, unsure about how best to deal with vampires, chooses to repeat the tried and true... On the same target!

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) + 3 = 11


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Marra realizing she needs a weapon in hand, drops the crossbow, and looses her longsword from its sheath and unslings her shield, as she drops into a defensive stance.


CotCT GameMaestro

The three bolts from Nik'os' spell slam into the chest of the vampire closest to Marra.

"You die last witch" it hisses...


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

"Not if we stake you first, blood sucker."


"Great! Perhaps after you do?!" Nik'o summons her courage to stare back at the undead.


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 50/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Reminder all: Bard song, +1/+1 until after round 3.

Gregor takes a swing at the nearest one, backing away as he does so, trying to get at least a little space between him and the draining touch they have. His light ensorcelled blade swinging before him makes it hard for him to tell if he connected or not before he stepped back.

Standard, Attack the nearest Vampire 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 20, damage 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8.
5' step back.


CotCT GameMaestro

For reference the vampires are inside the building behind at the break in the wall, at G11. That should work until I get the map updated. Which means Gregor has to step in to attack...same attack Gregor?


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 50/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Sure, although I'd rather he be further from them since two more hits and he's drained to death. But he would probably try to do right and press the attack, vice doing nothing.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Assuming the new vampires are not in the area of a channel.

Donagar moves forwards to see the new threat.


CotCT GameMaestro

map updated, same link.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Map

Donagar seeing the foes.....

"Mia, Drakus, Nik'o ready to splash holy water!"

Channels positive energy
2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6


"I don't have a vial with me!"

With this, she keeps her routine, pointing a finger at the same vampire that threatened her.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 1) + 3 = 8


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

facepalm! so much for a bluff! ;)


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 58/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Sgt. Drakus steps to (e,11) and power attacks the southern vamp.
Bardiche Power attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 2 + 1 = 16 for a possible 1d10 + 6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 4 + 1 = 19 cutting damage.


CotCT GameMaestro

Gregor and Drakus bout step up to the vampires, striking at them but connecting with nothing but the shattered wall of the building, causing a bit more mortar to crumble into the space as more of Cayden's holy energy washes over the pair of vampires. Nik'o prepares to hurl another magical bolt at the vampire, as they duck into the building. (Round 2 over, Nik'o that's your third round action.)


Nik'o follows the handsome military types, unleashing her bolts the moment she sees her favorite target.


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Marra strides into the building, Shield up, sword at the ready."Be Careful, the other one is missing!!!" She shouts.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"It ain't missing girl its hidin!"

Donagar peers into the dark area concerned for his friends who can not see as the vampires see in the darkness.

"Full defense and fall back! We need tah get tah tha temple."


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

"If their is one left, I think we should kill it while we have a chance."

GM what is the lighting conditions in the building the vamp is in?

"If need be you could give us a light, Right?"


CotCT GameMaestro

Dark, a small amount of light is falling into the building through the hole in the wall.


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

"No Dwarf! We leave now, these blood suckers will be long gone by the time we get help...you flee if that's what your god would do, mine would fight...." as Marra spits her words at Donagar.


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 50/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor waves his still lit sword from when he used it earlier to look at the bodies. "Marra's right, we can't allow them to get away, or they could turn out to be just as much of a plague on our dear city, as the one we currently deal with. Drakus, you right behind me? I'll lead with the light as it were." He steels himself, takes a deep breath, and makes to enter the hole in the side of the building.


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 58/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Hesitating outside, Sgt. Drakus swears intensely and at great length.
Chasing a vamp into a darkened building was probably the worse idea he had ever heard of.
But splitting up was even worse than that; and he would hack his own head off rather than abandon his unit.
Cautiously he enters the building with the others.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Onward then!"

Casts light on Drakus shield.....


No change in action for Nik'o. She has darkvision 30 ft.


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

She follows cautiously,

She has low-light vision.


CotCT GameMaestro

The vampire grins and turns to mist, reminding you of the fog outside...


Nik'o aims at the mist and fires another set of darts, curious as to whether they would hit their mark or not...

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 4) + 3 = 12


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Holy water'el tear right intah em even as a mist. I think we better stock up."


CotCT GameMaestro
Donagar wrote:
"Holy water'el tear right intah em even as a mist. I think we better stock up."

your character doesn't know that, no one rolled high enough to know any weaknesses...for all your character knows they could require a blessed crossbow bolt.


CotCT GameMaestro

so you just saw one turn to mist in front of you and the other one is already missing...what are you doing??


Did my missiles hit it? Nik'o will learn from the experience.

Nik'o searches the shadows for traces of the mist: "Can we track it? We can't let it escape, no? Damn!!!"

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 50/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

I'm not sure what exactly is going on. What round are we in, are we still in rounds? Whose turn is it? I go right after Marra, so I just watch for right after she acts. If it is time to go here's my action.

Gregor pushes the fight forward into the building. Swinging at the one visible vampire remaining.

Attack 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17, doubt it hits, but JIC damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 58/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Drakus nods his thanks at Donagar for providing the light on his shield. Still he quietly swore under his breath as he tried to stay in formation, covering whatever flank he was on.
"Where the hell are they?"

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7


CotCT GameMaestro

Round 5 is entering the building, the first vampire disappeared in round 3 the second turned to mist as its action for round 4, we're still in rounds unless you want to drop your guard...Marra stopped as she advanced, dropping into a defensive stance waiting for the others to enter. (she was counting on Iomedae protecting her.)


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 50/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

DM X:
Not dropping my guard. It just seemed like the last regulated round we took was round 3. They moved into the building where we couldn't see them and we had a discusion about following. You even said after they moved into the building "(Round 2 over, Nik'o that's your third round action.)". So for round 3 we talked, then moved in, and one turned to mist, but I thought we couldn't see them when they moved into the building in the first place. Overall, the turn order just keeps getting all jumbled, and I'm trying to go back, re-read, and follow along but it doesn't all line up. If there was a round where I was counted as only moving (especially if it was round 4) I would have restarted my Bard song. I didn't because I thought they had vanished into the darkness, and left the fight.


CotCT GameMaestro
Gregor Ward wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Yeah, you're right, subtract 1 round, so it's round 4...I had written 4 and 3 before, then changed it...So Rnd 4. Problem with PbP, sometimes rounds get convoluted, and even after running for 2 years, still easy to get confused.

If you guys add a (round 1 action, or round 2 action at the top of your post, it would help everyone keep better track, since I was waiting for someones round 2 action and someone else had already posted a round 3 action.)


CotCT GameMaestro

OK let's catch up. Round 4. One Vampire is missing already, the other turns to mist at the end of round 4. Donagar cast light as hit round 3 action on Drakus' shield. As they enter Nik'o is unable to find her favorite target, but unleashes her bolts on the other vampire, before he hisses and turns to mist. You pause for a second to consider, and realize the other vampire must have turned to mist before. (it 5' stepped and turned to mist on end rd 3). Marra is in a defensive stance, guarding the entrance for everyone elses entry. Nik'o notices mist travelling under the door to the north.

You quickly survey the room, seeing dozens of crooked glass eyes, hollow and crazed, glare from the head of malformed and half-carved dolls lining the shelves of this workroom. A Door lies to the north, and a trap door is visible in the floor. A dessicated corpse lies in the corner.


"Quick! He's escaping through that door! Let's follow it!" Nik'o points to the northern door, and goes to open it.

2,651 to 2,700 of 3,470 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Act III All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.