Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Xaaon of Xen'Drik

Curse of the Crimson Throne AP


2,601 to 2,650 of 3,470 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Making the best of her darkvision, Nik'o observes the bodies of the deceased, without at first touching them. At one point, exacerbated, she starts moving the bodies, trying to find a clue, some pattern in the clothings, races, genders, tattoos, etc.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"I could use a hand..."


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Marra begins to examine the victims with an investigator's eye.

Though the stench seems to be distracting her.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

"Ugh, I'll need to get in there to really inspect these corpses. Donagar you have any protective magics to help protect me from plague?"


Current: alias: Pai
Marra "The Phoenix" Warblade wrote:
Donagar wrote:

"Looks like sombody got a head start on pilin up bodies, yah think tha bodies on tha bottom might be sometin other tha plague victims?"

"I think we needs a cart!"

"Or some cleansing flames"

Although I would like to respect the wishes of the families who would like to bury the dead,

I think a purifying fire is more of a priority right now.


"It would start by giving us some light. I can't see a thing!"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"I ken put some light on tha area, but I got nothin tah protect yah from tha plague."


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor frowns, again bothered by the manner of thinking of some of the folk he has found himself associated with. He reminds himself that he should expect as much from the drunk or the half-breed. Burning the dead? Right here in the middle of Old Korvosa? Instead of actually dealing with the lawbreakers responsible, and making them clean up their own mess. Gregor wastes no time discussing light, and instead provides it. He draws his blade, and holding it overhead, causes it to shine with the glow of a torch. "There, that should provide illumination to both thought and deed. Hey Pai, Donager, why don't each of you pick one end of the alley to keep an eye on in case trouble comes wandering our way?" He then focuses his attentions on looking for any sign of the culprits that would dump so much dead so quickly. Out of concern he asks, "Marra, when did you last see the noble dragonling? I hope he didn't run afoul of any ruffians."

Cast Light on his sword
Perception for any clues 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"I'll take tha area further down, I ken see intah tha dark an keep yah out o troubles, someone come daown an check on me ever now an again."


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Sgt. Drakus sighs and lends a hand moving corpses about. Gagging at the stench, he really wishes he had some Privates he could order to do this instead.


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

LOL, Sorry, Drakus wishes he had some privates! I stopped and had to reread the sentence.

Gregor nods at Drakus' assessment, but reminds him "You know what they say, never ask a subordinate to do something you wouldn't do yourself."

As Donager agrees to move to the end of the alleyway, he stops him briefly, "Wait, let me just do something real quick to aid in communication." He focuses shortly, looking around, he points at Donager, Nik'o, Pai, and Marra. He whispers, but it sounds as if he is doing it right in the ears of those he pointed at. "Now if there are any problems, we can communicate what's happening more easily. It's a little trick I picked up, it helps staying informed with your squad."

Casts message on the four he pointed at.


CotCT GameMaestro

As Gregor moves his lit sword over the corpses, the shadows display something disturbing, the shadows clearly shows several of the victims have have puncture marks on their necks

knowledge (religion) DC19:
These definitely look like the puncture marks from a vampire's bite.


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Knowledge (Religion) 2d10 + 7 ⇒ (5, 3) + 7 = 15 Don't forget we're trying out the 2d10 instead of d20s...I kinda forgot that...so close too.

"Huh, that's odd, like they were bitten by very large bugs right? Maybe there's something burrowing in them to feed."


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Knowledge Religion 2d10 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9

Gregor sees where Marra may be coming from with her idea, but to him it seems a little different, "I would imagine in this part of the city, with a pile up like this, that rats would be the likely culprit. Though I would think they would eat more."


"Woah! Like some rodents attacked! Think they happened before or after they passed?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Via message....

"Yall find some rodents in tha pile?"

Assuming Donagar takes a look

Knowledge religion
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"Bites on the neck....nope not ringin any bells."

Returns to guard the far end of the alleyway.


CotCT GameMaestro

Ouch the surprise round is probably going to hurt...LOL


CotCT GameMaestro
Donagar wrote:

Via message....

"Yall find some rodents in tha pile?"

Assuming Donagar takes a look

Knowledge religion
1d20+4

"Bites on the neck....nope not ringin any bells."

Returns to guard the far end of the alleyway.

rerolls for Donagar with 2d10 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (3, 8) + 4 = 15


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Sgt. Drakus jerks his hands away from handling the corpses.
"Burrowing in them? You mean like rot grubs?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Still nothing...;)


"Could be... But I don't think they attack the living Drakus"


CotCT GameMaestro

Just then you hear a horrible screech, as a man jumps down from the 30 foot rooftop into your midst and attacks Gregor (due to the light spell on the sword.) It misjudges him entirely, swinging its arm with enough force that you all hear the displacement of the wind in a massive woosh.

GM:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 versus flat footed. Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Gregor:
It tilts its head forward, cocks it to the side a little, and grins at you, two razor sharp fangs protrude slightly beyond his normal teeth in a sinister smile.You can make another Knowledge Religion check at +5.

Roll Initiative after the surprise round

You're all within 50 feet of him, the alley is only 20 feet wide however. (I'll try to have a map up this weekend.)


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

GM:
Knowledge Religion 2d10 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (10, 5) + 3 + 5 = 23

Gregor jolts in shock as the thing lands before him, and after it snarls at him he realizes his previous mistake, "Aw, geez! Not rats, vampires!"

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

"Holy crap!"
Drakus grabs and readies his tower shield and bardiche.


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"No, in the city???, Iomedae preserve us..."


Current: alias: Pai

"Vamps, Oh S***, anyone got some steel neck braces?"


Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"Gods help us! How can we defeat such an horror?"


CotCT GameMaestro

Woulda had the map up last night, but my computer took a dive...back up and running now, so tonight...


CotCT GameMaestro

Mai Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Donagar Initiative:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

"Just hit 'im! Hard as you can!"
Bardiche attack vs vamp: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 for a possible 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 slashing damage.


Current: alias: Pai

Where's the Map?


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Vampires! Err yah sure?"

Donagar channels positive energy
3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5) = 14


CotCT GameMaestro

It'll be up tonight, laptop was still giving me some troubles with lag, so combined with actually doing sit-down DCCRPG with the family, I didn't get it up last night...tonight I promise, and everyone is withing charge distance, (it's a small alley) it's next to Drakus and Gregor.


CotCT GameMaestro

Racker's Alley Map

Note: The characters that LOOK surprised...are...and can't act until after Drakus and Niko, and will be Flat footed until after they act this round.


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

"Git the blood sucker! Heyah!"
Bardiche attack vs vamp: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 for a possible 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 slashing damage.


CotCT GameMaestro

Drakus takes a step back to bring to bear his lengthy glaive, but the vampire seems to know where the weapon is going before it arrives and dodges it with unnatural grace, and unhindered by armor. Niko up....

Next in line
Niko
Vampire
Marra
Gregor
Mai
Donagar (channeling 14dmg)


Current: alias: Pai

Wow, they look cartoony


CotCT GameMaestro
Mai Asta Isabella wrote:
Wow, they look cartoony

Yah, i just added circles and pupils...they definitely look surprised though LOL

It's funny, I had teh map done Friday night, but when I went to PDF it to make the jpg, that's what froze my computer, then it didn't want to start-up for an entire day, finally hooked another monitor up to it, and wow, the laptop was in repair mode, but for some reason HP laptops have a monitor start-up issue...


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Wasn't the round he jumped down and swung at me the surprise round, or do you just mean Flat-footed due to not having gone yet in the first round?


Current: alias: Pai

Where's Nik'o?


CotCT GameMaestro
Gregor Ward wrote:
Wasn't the round he jumped down and swung at me the surprise round, or do you just mean Flat-footed due to not having gone yet in the first round?

Yes, they're still flat-footed due to not having gone yet after teh surprise round. Thus the surprised eyes...heh....if Nik'o hasn't acted by tonight, I will either have her hold or cast a magic missile.


Sorry, as I had mentioned, I'm without real acess until Sunday. I'll do my best in the meantime, but that wont be so much...

Nik'o waves her hand in a occult pattern. A blob of dark energy gathers at her fingertips, which she then flings at the vampire.

Ray of Enfeeblement: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23; 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 STR dam; Fort DC 15 for half


CotCT GameMaestro
Nik'o wrote:

Sorry, as I had mentioned, I'm without real acess until Sunday. I'll do my best in the meantime, but that wont be so much...

Nik'o waves her hand in a occult pattern. A blob of dark energy gathers at her fingertips, which she then flings at the vampire.

Ray of Enfeeblement: 1d20+4; 1d6+2 STR dam; Fort DC 15 for half

As you didn't make the Knowledge check...

The black ray tears through the air, striking the vampire directly in the chest, it looks down, stares directly at Nik'o and grins. "Wait your turn me lovely, you'll get yours." [i]It turns back to Gregor and slams its arm into his armor, puncturing it and catching the flesh below.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage and 2 levels energy drain.

Energy Drain (su):
For each negative level a creature has, it takes a cumulative –1 penalty on all ability checks, attack rolls, combat maneuver checks, Combat Maneuver Defense, saving throws, and skill checks. In addition, the creature reduces its current and total hit points by 5 for each negative level it possesses. The creature is also treated as one level lower for the purpose of level-dependent variables (such as spellcasting) for each negative level possessed. Spellcasters do not lose any prepared spells or slots as a result of negative levels. If a creature's negative levels equal or exceed its total Hit Dice, it dies.


Current: alias: Pai

Nik'o just use Magic Missle.


Character knowledge :).


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Marra pulls (move) her repeating crossbow up as she declares Smiting Judgement (swift) on the Vampire and lets loose with a bolt, toofast in her action, she realizes she pulls the release too early as the bolt skips off the paving stones and passes through a shattered hole in the wall. (move)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Current: alias: Pai

Mai charges into a flanking position with Drakus and attacks with her +1 Cold Iron Katana
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26 Crit
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28 Confirmed
1d8 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 3 = 7
1d8 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 3 = 11 Crit damage
2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 Sneak Damage damage

Total Damage: 7 + 11 + 4 = 22

Does she cut off it's head?


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Round 1:
HP: 26/30 (from 40/40)
-2 to all rolls except damage (energy drain)

Gregor sways less from the hit than from the life energy he feels slipping away at the creature's touch. He decides to try and bolster his allies, and provide assistance in directing them on facing the thing. He begins to give battlefield direction, as he is used to when leading a squad. "Encirlce it, there is only one, and we have the advantage of numbers. Play off you ally's positioning to provide aid in harrying the criminal. Once he is surrounded, he will have less options." He sidesteps in front of Marra, with nowhere else to move he is stuck beside the creature.

Standard, Inspire Courage, +1 competence to Atk/Dmg and +1 morale vs. Charm and Fear. Pai this will give you a 2 more damage as you go right after Gregor.
5' step to E10
With Lingering Performance his Bard 'song' will last 3 rds.


Current: alias: Pai

2 more damage, Sweet.
That brings the total to 24 damage.


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

"Get 'round him!"
Bardiche attack vs vamp: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 19 for a possible 1d10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13 slashing damage.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Once again blasts the area with positive energy....

"A creature o darkness can not survive tha light!"

channel
3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5) = 17


Current: alias: Pai

Where's the GM, as I think it's dead.

2,601 to 2,650 of 3,470 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Act III All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.