Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Xaaon of Xen'Drik

Curse of the Crimson Throne AP


2,501 to 2,550 of 3,470 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Donagar scowls around hopefully detracting from any other persons more subtle actions, he adjusts stone plates ensuring everything is in place and in order.


The assembly breaks, and guards begin breaking off into groups, the Grey Maiden giving them orders with a sultry voice. The Grey Maiden is about to give Drakus and Gregor orders when Field Marshall Kroft intervenes."These two have special duties which the Queen herself has assigned regarding the investigation." She lies to the Maiden; you have a feeling the maiden is about to argue when The Good doctor nods at her.

after the others are dismissed, the Field Marshall brings you into her private office, along with Doctor Davaulus.

"Ah, the Heroes of Korvosa, well some of them, I understand the others are scattered throughout the city and you have some new additions. Very Well, I myself only arrived yesterday, after the Queen sent an urgent calling to me, I had to get a teleport here even or I'd be here a few days from now..."

Knowledge Local/Language Chelish DC 15:
The man has a fairly thick Chelish accent, and he's educated.

[spoiler DC20] He speaks with an Egorian accent[/spoiler]

nik'o:
The masks all give off faint conjuration

Perception DC 15 +2 for Drakus/Gregor:

You hear murmurs from the guards.

...uncomfortable around these 'healers'...

..ain't like no other healers I ever saw...

...giving outsiders authority over us...

...B#%&! Queen

wow breaking 2500 posts!


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 40/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Perception: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 0 + 2 = 19

DM:

Sgt. Drakus hears the complaints of the soldiers with sympathy, but keeps his mouth shut for the moment.

Sgt. Drakus assumes attention when the Field Marshall summons us into her office.
Who is this toff? He thinks.
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 48/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Perception 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 = 21

Gregor scowls at the other men briefly before he stops and whispers to one

GM:
"You tell those men to rein it in. What they may grumble about behind closed doors need not sound like questioning orders given by the Field Marshal herself. Especially in front of strangers."

Back to the commander's office, Gregor displays a proper bow, and asks both probingly and wishfully "So, good sir, You think you have the answer to what's been ailing the city? We sure could use one, and I'm certain that with your education if you haven't got it figured out yet, it shouldn't be too long."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Yah got tah at least appear in charge, helps keep tha people from runnin round like chickens ready fer tha stew pot."


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

Know(Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

she thinks
"I agree with the soldiers and something seems off about this,
but they should be quieter about it."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Watcha talkin bout girl?"

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

"Sounds serious tha crowd havin foriegn agents given authority o'er em. I bet tha grumblin lasts long intah tha future."


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

she did not say a thing


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Random girl in the crowds mutterings....


HP 6/22

Nik'o stiffens as attention is brought to them. She hopes they didn'T catch sight of her incantation. Mmmh... Conjuration... I'd like to get one now...


CotCT GameMaestro

"Well, any questions mighty heroes? Or does Asmodeus have your tongue?"


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 48/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor asked the doctor something above. Also, he (preemptively) introduced the Field Marshal to the priest of Abadar.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6
Gregor Ward wrote:


Back to the commander's office, Gregor displays a proper bow, and asks both probingly and wishfully "So, good sir, You think you have the answer to what's been ailing the city? We sure could use one, and I'm certain that with your education if you haven't got it figured out yet, it shouldn't be too long."

Nods in agreement and adds...

"He sure acts like hes got all tha answers grabbin a teleport like it was jus somethin someone gets....."


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 40/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Sgt. Drakus, rigidly at attention awating orders, senses the faint stench of politics. Carefully sliding his point of view to the Field Marshall, he carefully raises an eyebrow.
Is there something we should be doing beyond what we've been told, My General?


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

she thinks to herself
I smell something rotten going on here.


Sorry Gregor, missed that...

Davaulus: "Aye, a plague wrought by broken contracts, it seems the plague originated in the Temple of Abadar itself, is that not right Goldtender?"

Ishani looks as though he might attack the priest right there, but decides better of it as the Grey Maiden steps behind the Doctor. A lilting voice issues from the helmet, resonating beautifully "We must be going Doctor, Queen's orders to get this show moving."

After the retinue of Guards, Grey Maiden, Doctor and healers departs, Cressida breaks in "I smell something rotten going on here. Here is the declaration Davaulus handed me from the Queen. Everything is moving too fast."

Royal Decree:

By Decree of Her Royal Majesty, the Radiant Queen Illeosa
I, all citizens and members of the Korvosan Guard are to
aid and admit the newly established Queen’s Physicians
in this time of urgency. These royal agents will extend
healing to the sick and organize defense against the spreading
affliction known as “blood veil.” They are to be allowed
access to any home or building they deem necessary in the
course of their duties. All those suffering from disease or
disorder are to submit themselves to the Physicians for treatment.

To aid in the duties of the Queen’s Physicians, know that
the order of the Gray Maidens has been established to provide
military support as needed. The Maidens answer directly
to the Crimson Throne, and will be called upon as necessary
to augment and strengthen the peace where simple city guards
will not suffice.

Impeding or distracting the duties of the Queen’s Physicians
or the Gray Maidens is punishable by imprisonment. Impersonating
one ofhe Queen’s Physicians is punishable by death. Knowingly
harboring or hiding the infected is punishable by death. Pu
rposefully spreading blood veil is punishable by torture, then
death. The Queen’s Physicians will be making rounds of every city
district henceforth until Her Majesty deems this misfortune abated.

"You're showing signs of infection, Make sure to alleviate that soon or the Crows will have you."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Enough jackin round, Yah guys who needs tha spell fome o'er here an I will patch yah up proper wit a healin spell."

Casts one on Drakus an one on Nik'o....

"So wha does tha decree says we have tah do?"


HP 6/22

[oooc]I think you have to roll Donagar.[/ooc]

"I would be honored to be so touched by the grace of your god Donagar. My thanks."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Caster level check for each spell
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

VS. DC of the disease.


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 48/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor prepares a snarky comment as the 'Dr.' speaks ill of his church, but knows how to hold his tongue when speaking to superiors... scratch that to people with more rank than him. This being the queen's physician, he doubts his nasty words will get him anywhere.

As they leave he addresses the group quietly on the heels of reading the letter. "I don't like the way this thing reads. It suggests too much, without comitting to it. 'Allowed access to any home or building they deem necessary in the course of their duties'? Sounds like freedom to search anyone unquestioned. 'Established to provide military support', 'Where simple city guards will not suffice'? Is it just me, or is that talk of an expected war we don't know about, and the city guard would do just fine if the moneys spent on these Grey Maidens was used to augment our guard." He stops as he realized he got louder the further he discussed it.

Back to an even tone, he stands at parade rest and addresses the Field Marshal "Well then Ma'am, is there talk of how we're to provide aid yet? Or even better, do you have something we could investigate that might shed a little more light on the situation? With brother Ishanti here, do you think there is still a decent chance to organize the churches to cooperate in battling this outbreak of, what'd they call it, blood veil?"


HP 6/22

Blood veil... Doesn't sound good! And what of this comment about the abadarian being responsible? I must get some color on my cheeks!

Rehearsing the decree in her head, she can't help but smile: "Sounds like we'll get in trouble no matter what!" She turns to Ishari, whispering: "What's this about the Church of Abadar being responsible, Ishari? What was Davaulus referring to?" She studies the priest's reaction. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17; Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Nik'o will then find a quiet spot and take out her dagger. Wincing, she pricks the tip of her left pinky, then get the blood on her fingers like a thin film. Quickly, she will spread it on her cheeks, to give them a more lifelike hue.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Once away from the field marshal, etc.....

"I fer one will be pitchin a tent right soon tah stay in tha ting don't say s+## bout no tent!"


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 48/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor gives Donagar a worried look, "I doubt the Grey Maidens, or the Queen's physicians, want anything to do with what you may have. I'm sure there are plenty of people that may be worthwhile for weeding out, that have the potential to spread ill-favored words about the queen's recent ascension. Especially based on all the unrest when it happened. If there are any underground groups sowing dissention, or maybe even that vigilante, Blackjack, that disrupted the public execution, this would be a covert way of exposing them."

He thinks on it for a bit before adding in, "I don't like the idea of it any more than I like Blackjack taking the law into his own hands. If the resources were just given to those of us with the proper authority to handle maintaining the laws of this fine city, then all these shadow dealings need not be made."


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

"The last thing I want is those creepers to be 'healing' me...especially after losing my mind at the execution..."


CotCT GameMaestro

"It appears a large number of the silver infected with veil also originated from vaults. We're still trying to track down the original source, but it's difficult with the current surge of the sick."


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

hearing those words raises flags in Mai's mind.
"The silver came from vaults?
Ok, that raises a red flag if I ever heard one.
So it either a thief broke in and hoping to frame some high snob
or it was an inside job in the palace, and I think it's the latter."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Great!"


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 40/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Sgt. Drakus rubs his temples. Maybe he was just tired; all this talk just went over his head.
"Apologies Ma'am, but... I don't understand. Do you have orders for us? What are we supposed to do?"


"Orders? I can't really give orders now, my hands are tied currently with the Queen's physician and her new guard...what we need is some heroes."


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

Can we get someone to play "holding out for a hero"

Sorry could not resist it


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

You could try! ;)


HP 6/22
DM X wrote:
"It appears a large number of the silver infected with veil also originated from vaults. We're still trying to track down the original source, but it's difficult with the current surge of the sick."

"Let's start with this then. Figuring out the source, while the physicians heal the results!"


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Sounds as good as any, we need to bring down whoever is threatening the innocents of Korvosa....


CotCT GameMaestro
Nik'o wrote:

Blood veil... Doesn't sound good! And what of this comment about the abadarian being responsible? I must get some color on my cheeks!

Rehearsing the decree in her head, she can't help but smile: "Sounds like we'll get in trouble no matter what!" She turns to Ishari, whispering: "What's this about the Church of Abadar being responsible, Ishari? What was Davaulus referring to?" She studies the priest's reaction. Diplomacy: 1d20+12; Sense Motive: 1d20+7

Nik'o will then find a quiet spot and take out her dagger. Wincing, she pricks the tip of her left pinky, then get the blood on her fingers like a thin film. Quickly, she will spread it on her cheeks, to give them a more lifelike hue.

Nik'o:
]something is nagging you about Dr. Dravalus, you just can't figure out what...Everything he said seemed truthful, but there was something under the surface...something sinister.[/ooc]

As you prepare to depart, Ishani offers to have the Church of Abadar align with the city to fight this plague. As you depart for the Church of Abadar once more in search of answers as to the origin of the disease, you hear a loud banging, and see a new decree being posted on the City Message post, as Corporal J'val posts the message, a Gray Maiden stands behind him, naked blade in hand...as two of the Queens physicians grab a sick child and roughly drag her off...

By Decree of Her Royal Majesty, the Radiant Queen Illeosa I,
all citizens and members of the Korvosan Guard are to aid and
admit the newly established Queen’s Physicians in this time of
urgency. These royal agents will extend healing to the sick and
organize defense against the spreading affliction known as “Blood Veil.”

They are to be allowed access to any home or building they deem
necessary in the course of their duties. All those suffering from
disease or disorder are to submit themselves to the Physicians
for treatment.


To aid in the duties of the Queen’s Physicians, know that the
order of the Gray Maidens has been established to provide
military support as needed. The Maidens answer directly to the
Crimson Throne, and will be called upon as necessary to augment
and strengthen the peace where simple city guards will not suffice.


Impeding or distracting the duties of the Queen’s Physicians
or the Gray Maidens is punishable by imprisonment. Impersonating
one of the Queen’s Physicians is punishable by death. Knowingly
harboring or hiding the infected is punishable by death.


Purposefully spreading blood veil is punishable by torture,
then death. The Queen’s Physicians will be making rounds of every city
district henceforth until Her Majesty deems this misfortune abated.


HP 6/22

Nik'o turns to Marra: "I don't like the good doctor. I think there is more to him... Do you know anyone who could discreetly shadow him for a day or two? Find out where he goes, where he sleeps?"

When they see the child being taken, angry, she asks Donagar: "The child, does he look sick to you?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Heal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"Seems like everyone looks sick tah me anymore, but tha kid is puttin up a fight, so compared tah tha girl we saw, I ain't sure."

Asks those with the child....
"Wha err tha early signs o blood veil?"


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

reading the message on the board
"Wow, this sounds like something from a tyrannical dictator.
And something seems wrong about it."


CotCT GameMaestro

Heal DC12:
Yeah she's definitely showing signs of Blood Veil, early discoloration.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Yeah tha girls face is blotchy fer sure. Yer treatin her like a dwarf though yer suposed tah goes gentle like on youngsters."


CotCT GameMaestro

No other reactions? OK then, moving on...

You return to the Vault of Abadar, the crowds seem to have scattered, there are still many petitioning, but they all seem healthy. Perhaps they're healthy relatives. What do you wish to do with the investigation?


HP 6/22

Did Marra agree to follow the doctor?

"Ishari, who has access to the vault? How would someone either put the tainted silver there or remove it?"

Am I cured? I'm not sure if you told us.


CotCT GameMaestro
Nik'o wrote:

Did Marra agree to follow the doctor?

"Ishari, who has access to the vault? How would someone either put the tainted silver there or remove it?"

Am I cured? I'm not sure if you told us.

You're all cured...

Also, watch my Profile for Harrow Point changes, before the adventure had been set-up to use the Harrow Cards in a single use type of way, I'm going to use the Carrion Crown version and use them like Hero Points now.

the Harrow info is up on the DM X profile: Everyone roll a d6 and d9.

Now one tweak I'm going to make, is you can either swap the card you have, or spend it on someone else.


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6
Nik'o wrote:

Nik'o turns to Marra: "I don't like the good doctor. I think there is more to him... Do you know anyone who could discreetly shadow him for a day or two? Find out where he goes, where he sleeps?"

When they see the child being taken, angry, she asks Donagar: "The child, does he look sick to you?"

"I could attempt it an' hope I'm not spotted..."

Marra's Card: 1d6 ⇒ 3 1d9 ⇒ 2 (Shield[Con]/Neutral Good)


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

1d6 ⇒ 6
1d9 ⇒ 2

"Its a harrowin experience tah be certain."


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

"Donagar, that sounded like a bad pun given the situation"

1d6 ⇒ 1<- STR, I'm guessing
1d9 ⇒ 5<- TN, I'm guessing


HP 6/22

1d6 ⇒ 41d9 ⇒ 5
Books (Int) (Cool!) and True Neutral: Does that mean we have 1 hero point, which we can also use, in addition to the PF system, to have effects like described by our Harrow cards? Just making sure. May be it's not in addition, but only to do what the cards say?


CotCT GameMaestro
Nik'o wrote:

1d6;1d9

Books (Int) (Cool!) and True Neutral: Does that mean we have 1 hero point, which we can also use, in addition to the PF system, to have effects like described by our Harrow cards? Just making sure. May be it's not in addition, but only to do what the cards say?

Just card effects for now..and instead of being 1per AP...you'll get additional for when Zellara does Harrow readings


CotCT GameMaestro

So you've reached the Vault of Abadar, what now?


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 48/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Sorry, still here, just trying to get back into the swing of things.

1d6 ⇒ 3

1d9 ⇒ 4

Cool, Shields (Con) and LN, perfect for my LN Korvosan Guard.

"I think we need authorization to investigate the coins within the vaults themselves. Maybe we could find some kind of magic or substance on the coins, and establish a pattern. Even better if we could single out and seperate the cause. Also, maybe some of the priests could lend us insight into the first few signs they noticed, maybe we could follow those up." He asks of the first obvious person of authority they come across.

Diplomacy JIC, 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


HP 6/22
Nik'o wrote:


"Ishari, who has access to the vault? How would someone either put the tainted silver there or remove it?"

2,501 to 2,550 of 3,470 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Act III All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.