Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Xaaon of Xen'Drik

Curse of the Crimson Throne AP


2,451 to 2,500 of 3,469 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Sgt. Drakus nods in assent.
"If yer ready then, ... ah..." He can't remember the proper honoriffic. "...Let's go before it gets worse."
He looks around.
"Is there a back way out of here?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Aye but iffen he shows yah then hes got a duty tah kill yah err jus wait fer tha disease tah does it."


Current: alias: Pai

"Preferably a backdoor that few know about, as people in this state will want treatment badly and will want in through any door."


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

I'll be away again until Wednesday night, with limited access to Internet.


CotCT GameMaestro

Gotta get these installed on my phone so I have the PDF available at work(can only check stuff at lunch here...heh)...will update tonight


CotCT GameMaestro
Nik'o wrote:

Exceptional!? We've just told him three of us got infected...

nik'o tries to keep a smiling face, despite the sweat and the trembling.

Ishani looks over Nik'o and the others: "You're in the early stages, you might be able to fight it off before it continues."


CotCT GameMaestro

"There is no easy exit, through the catacombs would only take a few hours if Brother Vallen was in the city, he knows the catacombs like the back of his hand, but without him guiding us, we could be lost for days."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Days in tha catacombs sounds better tha days in tha streets o tha city!"


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Sgt. Drakus mops his brow.
"Well, yer call Bishop. If the crowd turns ugly I can't promise we'll be able to power through them with the force we have; though I promise I'll fight to the death to do it."


Current: alias: Pai

sweating a bit
"A good question to ask is,
does anything live in the catacombs?"


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

"Days in the catacombs with infected people, I think I'd pass."


CotCT GameMaestro

Anything live in the catacombs? Make a Knowledge(local) check

Anything live in the catacombs DC15:
Well it's catacombs there's bound to be things in there, especially with the Otyughs that seem to inhabit the entire city

Anything live in the catacombs DC20:
Besides otyughs, ghouls and ghasts often frequent places where the dead reside.

Anything live in the catacombs DC25:
Rumors say a gang of were are holed up in the deep section of the sewers, and they often are in possession of religious relics


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Usual crap I bet."

"Yah gots any spells tah get us maybe up an over tha crowds"


Current: alias: Pai

"Gregor, have you heard of anything living down in the catacombs?"


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Know Local 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Gregor considers it for a moment before responding, "Well' there's always the number of otyugh sightings reported. The tend to be high, but there's no telling if there's really that many or a few that get seen frequently. Regardless, I think the filth of the undercity could only be worse for our three sickened allies. Just making it out a side door, keeping the Brother as covered as we can in his vestments, may just be our best course of action."


Current: alias: Pai

know(Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"I was hoping what I heard and knew was wrong, but it's not."


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

Nik'o offers: "If it can help, I could use sorcery on the crowd, wrapping them in spider webbing. But I doubt it will improve their mood..."


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

"What about the roofs?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"I dont like tha roof, but it might werk."


Current: alias: Pai

"Only problem is the roofs are also like the streets."


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

"The problem with the roofs is jumping from a Cathedral to the regular rooftops could....well...kill us."


Current: alias: Pai

"That as well."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Jumpin sucks, a strong knotted rope or sturdy chain would werk better!"


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

Nik'o produces her disarming pout, to fend off the dismissive comments.


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

"Well then, back into the throng?" Marra beams as she flips open her razor.


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Sgt. Drakus shakes his head.
"Bah. We waste time."
He hefts his door sized shield.
"Let's go."

He will wait until people get into formation and then march straight ahead.


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

"Shall I use enchantments on the crowd?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Someone remind me tah get 20 foot o chain."


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

Please note I'll be away from Friday to Monday.


CotCT GameMaestro

No prob Nik'o, you guys haven't decided how to proceed as yet...I'm working more OT this weekend anyway.

Decide how you're proceeding and we'll continue, been waiting on your decision.


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Sgt. Drakus stands up.
"Alright! Everyone in escort formation!" He barks out, his patience worn through.
Bishop! Yer in the middle. No one will touch you, my word on it."
He picks up his shield and bardiche.
"Now. Out the door and up the road to the Field Marshal's headquarters. Let's go!"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Lookit him goes."

Takes up the rear and out the doors.


Current: alias: Pai

"I'll will take the right"


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor nods approvingly at Drakus' orders, agreeing that they tend to spend too much time trying to come up with random plans, and not enough time just accomplishing the mission. "I have rear guard. Sgt Drakus, are you good in the lead, if you are still feeling unwell I can be point man?" Gregor asks, letting the man decide for himself, so as to not try and undermine him by demanding. "Remember all, stay close to our ward, nice tight formation, no gaps for interlopers."


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

"I'll be fine." Sgt. Drakus snaps, clearly not 100 percent.
He will begin the parade as he motions the acolytes to fling the doos open for us. He marches forward.

Out to the street and up the road to the Castle (or wherever the Field Marshall makes her Headquarters).


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Indeed tha day looks better already!"


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

Nik'o tries to remain in the middle with the priest, hoping not to have to use arcane magic against the crowd.


CotCT GameMaestro

Sorry all been battling that darned cold while working overtime over the weekend....sucks that the game got put on hold while you all reacted so fast, my apologies again...

As you exit the church ready for the surge of the sick, it quickly becomes apparent something is up, dozens of city guard are pushing back the throng of the ill. As a group of crow masked individuals is escorted through the city. With Gregor and Drakus there, you're easily able to tuck into the escort and make it to the Citadel relatively unhindered. You find out that these are the assistants to the Doctor that Field Marshall Croft had told you of...the City guard being drafted into escort duty for these physicians as they're being called, each dressed in a crow faced mask with goggles, a thick leather long coat and carrying a leather bag, they appear to be a macabre troupe...something wicked from a children's tale.


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

Nik'o looks in complete curiosity at the strange figures. "These suits are certainly having an effect. It can't be too good for morale though..."

As she enters the Citadel, she ponders her relative luck, as she definitely looked for purpose, but may very well die from it.

She looks around to see whether the guards are expecting them.


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

"Agreed, those get-ups are definitely on the creepy end of the spectrum."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"What tha f&!+!"
Exclaims Donagar as he stops, points and stares with little regard for diplomacy........at the crow-masked men......


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Sgt. Drakus ignores the strange appearance of the doctors.
Probably a new damn fashion trend from Taldor or something. He thinks to himself. He had enough to do concentrating on keeping his limbs from trembling with the exertion.


Current: alias: Pai

looking at the physicians she thinks
They kinda look like Tengu, I heard about from a customer.
And for some reason they give me the creeps.


CotCT GameMaestro

thanks for sticking around with this one, I realize it's not a very good module for PbP now, a lot of this stuff could easily be taken care of in a night in a face to face game. We're almost through a lot of the "set-up" that this one has.


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor doesn't like the look of the masked men. Why would someone that is truly here to help need to hide behind a mask, and a crow of all things? He tries to place anything he may have heard about these uncommon individuals, or the practices of any groups using the crow masks as their symbol. He's not certain, he could swear there was something familiar about the masks and why they were worn. To the others he adds, with a bit of cynicism, "I wonder where they're headed? If I were a betting man, I'd say the odds of it being the Heights are much greater than those of Old Korvosa."

Wall of Skill checks to follow (Yay Bards!):
Knowledge (Arcana)1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Knowledge (Geography)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Knowledge (History)1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Knowledge (Nobility) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"S**% happend I guess."


as the procession leads into the Citadel, the group with their escort is separated as they immediately proceed deeper into the citadel as you are halted and questioned. You find out that the Queen has sent Doctor and his physician's and they have just arrived ahead of you. You proceed to the courtyard where...

The echoes of forcefully spoken but still just-missed words
resound off the imposing granite and iron walls of Citadel
Volshyenek’s outer curtain. Dozens of red-and-silver-armored
guards stand in assembly upon the pitted stone mustering
ground here, mumbling in hushed, somber tones. Before
them, atop a weathered wooden platform, paces Field Marshal
Kroft, her eyebrows arched sternly as she momentarily
tolerates the crowd’s murmurs. Behind her upon the scaffold
stand three grizzled veteran guardsmen at attention, as well
as an ominous-looking group. These men wear cowled robes
of oily-looking leather, supple gloves, and wide black hats.
Some grip heavy canes, others dark satchels. Each of them,
though, wears a dark-goggled mask tapering to a pointed
beak. Among them stand two others. The first is a middle-aged
gentleman in a simple black overcoat with streaks of
white gracing the sides of his short dark hair. He watches
the gathered guards with a soft, concerned expression, his
hands tightly clasping a heavy-looking doctor’s case. The
second figure is an imposing one indeed—a woman dressed
in full-plate armor, a longsword and shield at her side, and her
blank-faced full helm sporting a bright red plume.
The Field Marshal’s fierce tone cuts through the rumble of
whispers.

“You will escort Doctor Davaulus and his men in their
royal duties wherever those might take them. Furthermore,
you are to consider orders from any of the queen’s new order
of Gray Maidens to be as binding as any superior officer in
the Korvosan Guard or Sable Company. You are guardsmen of
Korvosa. You will not balk. These are dire times and your city
needs these healers. Your city needs you. Your patrol leaders
have your assignments. Dismissed!”


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Sgt. Drakus jolts to a stop along with all the others in the parade as they enter the courtyard.
He salutes automatically at the Field Marshall's order; simultaneously thinking What the Hell are Gray Maidens?


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

Nik'o is impressed by the gathering of such forces. As the orders are given, she does her best to remain in a posture of respect, though the orders given sound strong and perhaps wrong. She wonders at the scene, stepping back slowly, to get Donagar between her and the crowd, she tries to quickly whisper an incantation that would let her see through the fabrics of reality.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Detect Magic
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

As the Field Marshal finishes and dismisses the guard, Gregor waits and looks for a moment when he may catch her not heavily occupied. As soon as he spots his opening, he urges the group and their ward forward, "Ma'am. We have come at the request of the Temple of Abadar, accompanying one of their own. They ask to meet with you in the intentions of organizing both the churches and the city officials in combating this outbreak. Allow me to introduce you to Ishani Dhatri. If possible, we would like to be present during the discussion, but if you have another duty for us that is understandable, as I am sure there is much that need be done to combat the spead of this disease."

2,451 to 2,500 of 3,469 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Act III All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.