Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Xaaon of Xen'Drik

Curse of the Crimson Throne AP


2,401 to 2,450 of 3,469 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Current: alias: Pai

mildy sweating
"I think me and Nik'o can,
but if Drakus is vomiting every 10 minutes, he should rest."


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

"I want to go!"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"I aint castin no spell at tha first sniffle, yah makes sure yah is phyisically sick an not jus sick in tha head."

"An from wha we know yah gots days o sufferin ahead."


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

Makes sense, somehow...


CotCT GameMaestro

Not the actual nauseus condition, that was fluff to indicate the con damage, via a weak stomach...also good call not using the spells before you head into the contagion...heh


CotCT GameMaestro

You make your way through the city to the House of Abadar

Towering over the surrounding buildings, the Grand Vault of Abadar
offers a vision of divine luxuriance amid a sea of mortal troubles.
Radiant, as its grey-veined white marble reflects the midday sun,
there’s little question that this place is the house of a god.

Yet, for a deity of law, the steep stairs and ramps leading up
to the temple’s great bronze doors offer a strangely discordant
scene. Dozens of citizens—mostly of the working class, although
the silks of a few merchants show through the crowd—throng
the entry, scarcely being held back by a group of gold-armored
Abadarian clerics. All seem intent on gaining entry to the temple,
but the clerics turn away nearly all comers. The clerics’ reasoning
becomes clear as one desperate believer is turned away, his pitiful
countenance mottled with violent red sores.


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

As she approaches the temple, Nik'o is filled with a sense of awe. Truly, the clergy of Abadar stood tall and strong in this city and would prove a strong vanguard against the plague.

The sooner she got, the more she realized how dire the situation was, and how much all needed to unite their efforts...

She slapped her cheeks before moving up the stairs, summoning some color in them, then looked at one of the priests at the door cleric to say with a strong voice: "We have been summoned by your leadership. Let us in."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Mighten be usen mah pair o spells on some high rankin clerics, makes sense tah heal tha healers first."


Current: alias: Pai

"That doesn't sound likely Donagar, but then again there is always that chance."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"I have seen this run its course in a young person, might run faster through tha aged. I dont know tha age o tha clerics here."


CotCT GameMaestro

anyone else going to react?


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

Yes, where are the figures of authority?! ;-p


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Take us to yer leader!"


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor takes on a more official stance as he nears the temple, raising his voice he tries to address the crowd, "Folks, Please, I need you to make way! We are here" he indicates Sgt Drakus, and secondly the others, "to see if we can aid the temple in doing what we can for the people of our fine city! First, though, I will need you to comport yourselves in an orderly manner and allow us passage into the temple itself!" He asks, but as a Sgt of the guard it comes out as any other command he has given for crowds to maintain the peace.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Yeah talk nice an dodge tha spit!"


Current: alias: Pai

she thinks to herself
I hope they don't get restless.


CotCT GameMaestro

sorry guys, wiped out after the move on sunday, nearly collapsed from exhaustion...sucks to be over 40 LOL. I'll try to get updated tonight or early tomorrow. Drakus still around?


Current: alias: Pai

I hope so, cause he's in two of my games and, it's a pain to find and select one replacement player.


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Sgt. Drakus straghtens up and looks like he was going to try to intimidate the crowd, but sags against a statue and wipes the sweat from his brow. He can't be well if he has to pass on an opportunity to inimidate...


CotCT GameMaestro

Awesome reaction Drakus

The crowd surges and is very difficult to attempt to move through. They are calling for healing. Unfortunately as you try to move through the crowd, they notice both Donagar's and Marra's holy symbols; and begin to claw and tear at their clothing...begging and pleading for healing.

Moving through the crowd for the others is a DC14 STR check, for Marra and Donagar DC17.

Kingdom Con starts tomorrow, so I'll be away for the weekend, and I finally have a new job to start on Tuesday...Huzzah!


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Sgt. Drakus shoves his way through the crowd...

STR: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

Nik'o tries to push her way in.

Str: 1d20 ⇒ 6

As she is pushed back, she raises her arms in a dramatic gesture: "STAND BACK OR BE DOOMED! There will be no future if we don't get through!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Yer scratchin mah stone plate yah peoples we need tah get in so we ken get tha clerics combined tah figure out how tah help yah!"

Strength check
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor attempts to push through the crowd that so obviously disregarded his authority or pleas for civility and order. He struggles to make headway, but with the rolling crowd, every step forward ended up as another back, getting him nowhere.

Strength check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13, can we aid another in this check? If so, Gregor will try to help our own sick before he tries to get himself out.


CotCT GameMaestro

Failed intimidation on a large scarred and angry crowd...

We're ALL doomed!!!

"They're trying to doom us with spells"


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

about that time, Mara pulls out her weapon, pushes some people away, and begins to twirl it about her in a dance of death

"Back you fools, the lives of those who're able to help are of great importance, and my charge."

Dazzling Display Intimidate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

The crowd surges away from the group of adventurers as Marra's blade whistles as it tears through the air.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"That was fancy! Got a name fer that kinda weapon spinning?"


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

"Let's just call it's Calliope's Caress..."

The crowd parts as Marra and company stride toward the grand staircase.


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

Nik'o feels the hands graspoing at her, for a moment she starts to panic and is about to unleash powerful magic, when the crowd pushes aide swiftly and she finds herself free to move. She dashes towards the entrance, following Marra. "You're a crowd pleaser Marra. Thanks!"


CotCT GameMaestro

The group reaches the entrance to the temple, nearly dragging your own sick behind you. Once at the top of the steps, a Temple Guard stops you and asks, "Stop there, no one is allowed in right now."


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Sgt. Drakus straightens up with some effort and glares down a the Temple Guard. He is not unsympathetic with the guard just doing his job, but he's having a bad day.

"Boy, I and my squad were ASKED to come here by Vaultkeeper Dhatri. Now If he's too busy to see us; Well, we have a large number of things we could be doing rather than wrestle with this crowd. So which'll it be boy? IN or OUT?"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Of all the thick-headed, stupid, funky goat smellin son o a horses ass!"


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

Nik'o frowns at the guard, wondering whether something had changed since their summon.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Continues rant.....

"Fer tha love of money, plainly I am not sick an a cleric as well so let us in yah s*!$ fer brains!"


Current: alias: Pai

she thinks at Donagar's words
Using Honeyed words, might work better than vinegaried words


CotCT GameMaestro

The guards look a bit perplexed, then an acolyte comes up, puts a hand on the guards shoulder and whispers in his ear. The guard looks a bit sheepish and...

"Apologies, you may enter the House of Abadar. Acolyte Varys will show you to Vaultkeeper Dhatri."

The acolyte, bedecked in his gold and silver threaded robes brings you to Dhatri.

"Thank Abadar you've come, this situation is far worse than previously expected. Unknown forces move against Korvosa, there are far too many sick to be attributed to one small load of coins from that ship."


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

Nik'o looks at the high priest: "How can that be? Nothing is supposed to have escaped that ship..."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"So what is yer best guess and divination magic pointing to?"


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Sgt. Drakus rubs his aching head and just looks confused...


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Maybe yall should sit down for a minute. Seems we might be waitin."


CotCT GameMaestro

Sorry again, busy busy.

in the Western Meeting hall, you are speaking with Dhatri,

"“Thank you for coming. I assume you already suspect my
reasons for calling, having seen the crowd outside—poor
lot. You recognize the symptoms too, I’m sure. I had hoped
that the Soldado case was isolated, but apparently we have a
bigger problem on our hands than I’d feared."

“I’m concerned for the city, but also for my brethren here. The
morning after my visit to the Soldado home I came to the temple
to hear that three of my brothers awoke with similar symptoms,
although they had already been healed. I spoke to each, and
aside from their usual duties in the temple, none have had any
dealings with the sick. Later in the day, more of my brothers—
vaultkeepers, guards, and acolytes—developed symptoms, and
folk from throughout the city began arriving in search of healing.
It’s been more than a little bit frightening. They’re calling the
sickness ‘blood veil.’ An apt enough name, I suppose."

“This affliction has spread fast, yet I’m not yet sure how. Most
of the patients we’re treating have come from North Point and
Old Korvosa. The disease seems to spread fastest through the
lower classes. Although we here at the temple can heal some
of the ill, I fear that the spread of the disease will soon outpace
our resources. The only way to stem the growing infection is
to involve all the city’s resources. We need to organize. We
need to call upon the faiths of Sarenrae, Pharasma, and even
Asmodeus to face this attack. Archbanker Tuttle and several of
his assistants are out pursuing alliances with these other faiths,
but even that won’t be enough. We need to involve the Korvosan
Guard, at the very least. And that’s where you come in—with
the number of desperate souls growing, it’s not particularly safe
for a priest to walk the streets of Korvosa. I hear that you have a
good relationship with Field Marshal Cressida Kroft—perhaps
you would be willing to escort me to Citadel Volshyenek to
introduce me to her?”


Male Human Fighter- L6 | AC26 (T12FF26) CMD27 | hp 61/64 | Saves: F9 R5 W5 | Percep +0

Sgt. Drakus gives a sketchy salute.
"Is it our honor to do so for a prominent High Priest of our City. When do ye want to leave?"


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

"it sounds more and more that this is not some accident about a ship, but much more... I would also be happy to accompany you, but you should know that some of us have too been infected..."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Two o mah companions err under tha effect o this ting as well an might like tah be healed tah excort yah."


Current: alias: Pai
Nik'o wrote:
"it sounds more and more that this is not some accident about a ship, but much more... I would also be happy to accompany you, but you should know that some of us have too been infected..."

"I have to agree with her theory, about it not being an accidental outbreak"


Male Half-elf Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 39/47; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor corrects the healer of the group, "Sir dwarf, you may have missed it through the drink, but three of our own have contracted the illness, not two." Back to the priest he adds, "I hate that we need to barter as such, but the others are correct, and it would be easier to offer our services if we were offered yours. A trip to the citadel may also be risky, if you must go in all your priestly vestments, as our own priest was almost assaulted at the steps. Might I recommend that you don a more subtle look, that we may through the streets unmolested?"

Pai, Nik'o, and Drakus are infected, correct?


Current: alias: Pai

yep


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Drakus yah faker, I thought yah were bluffin!"


CotCT GameMaestro

"Exceptional, I have been authorized by the church to pay your group upon completion of this task. At most i can don a cloak over my vestiges, I'm in enough trouble for helping the Soldado girl before receiving payment, I don't want to be fined for being out of garb as well."


AC 12+4 / 12 / 10+4; HP 34 / 34

Exceptional!? We've just told him three of us got infected...

nik'o tries to keep a smiling face, despite the sweat and the trembling.

2,401 to 2,450 of 3,469 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Act III All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.