Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Xaaon of Xen'Drik

Curse of the Crimson Throne AP


1,951 to 2,000 of 3,470 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 40/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Sgt. Drakus salutes Master Orisini as he growls; "We'll take the mission."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"5000 gold fer tha girl how much yah recon I could make if blackjack was tah duel me an lose....he'd likely escape though..."

***Urrrrrp******

"Good sir have you a bar?"

"My reserves are runnin low."


"Well good dwarf, I might ask him if you want to duel some time, no armor, first blood? But that's for another time, get these ladies out of here."


HP 18/22

Nik'o's heart races and she's certain, for an instant, that all around can hear its beating fear. Her mind also races through the possibilities lying behind the revelations she's just heard from Orsini.

Oh my! They know way more than I suspected! And what of those two ladies!?! Can we really believe such allegations regarding the Queen and the simulacrum of an execution they all seem to believe..? I must know more about all this. The ramifications are endless and Korvosa itself seems to be at stake!

"Will do!" Is all she can blurt out. A far cry from her usual self.


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 37/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor salutes the well-known man, and prepares to carry out the orders. Turning to the others, he states simply, "We would be best to travel under the cover of anonymity. I say we bundle close, cover any identifiable insignia," He lokks to Sgt Drakus as if to say that it upsets him as well "and stay to the darkest alleyways. These young ladies need to be better concealed, though." He works on adjusting the wig on the one and the hat on the other, to best conceal thier features.

Disguise assists
Trinia 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Young girl 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
I chose to not add his full disguise bonus, as his training and full benefit is purely unintended, and merely exists to hide his own appearance. I just added his Chr bonus, as if he were untrained.


"With the recent events near North Bridge, perhaps a slow walk through the city down to High Bridge and then up to Dwarfwalk Road, mingling with the evening’s merchants leaving the city."

When the girls put on their hats, their facial features seem to meld, Jendai now appears a young boy, while Trinia's features change, making her look like a buxom red-tressed lass.

knowledge arcana DC 15:
It appears that Vencarlo has attained the use of a pair of the magic item known as a Hat of Disguise


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Knowledge arcane
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"Hope fer many a bar an a long road ahead!"


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 40/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1
Gregor Ward wrote:

"We would be best to travel under the cover of anonymity. I say we bundle close, cover any identifiable insignia,"

Sgt. Drakus growls, irritated, but nods in agreement; he had done so before they set out.

Gregor Ward wrote:
"and stay to the darkest alleyways."

Sgt. Drakus looks at Gregor, puzzled.

"Isn't that a good way to attract attention? Just walk the main roads like normal folk. Just some well off women escorted by handmaidens and bodyguards. Keep it simple and blend in."


HP 18/22

Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"Hiding in plain sight does sound right. I'll pretend I'm also one of the well off women, as I won't pass as a handmaiden with this dress, and people might know me from the cafe."


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

in a polite and respectful tone
"Mr Orisini, since this is a school could we use the theater clubs' spare clothes for disguises?"

I'll wait for an answer to this question, before I continue.


"You could, if we had a theatre club."


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

"It's a shame there is no theatre in the school, but I guess I'll make due with my disguise clothes, or should I keep my black outfit on and trail from the shadows?"

She likes being prepared, even with a spare set of clothes for disguise use.

She thinks a moment

If everyone is disguised, I would stick out like a sore thumb, so, I'll go into the hall and quickly change.

she walks out of the room, and a few minutes later comes back in.

She is wearing a red mid Calf length skirt, a white short sleeved shirt and a green bodice that assists with her figure. And a kerchief on her head (effectively covering her ears).
Her hair is put into a pony tail, that ends at her waist.

Disguise: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 37/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Arcana 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24, I am still able to add +2 to each disguise with my aid correct?

Gregor nods in approval over the usefulness of the hat's magical effect. "Given their new glamered appearances, we" He indicates Sgt Drakus and himself "could merely be assigned as guards and or armed guides through the city to a visiting noblewoman and her son. I say Nik'o could as well appear as a handmaiden to the lady, and let Donager and Mai hang back appearing unassociated, and able to watch for any tails." He looks down at the table as he talks, as if he were discussing patrolling techniques back at the citadel.


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

"I can be disguise as a Maid.
I just need to flip the skirt and bodice inside out.
As my clothing is all double sided for quick disguises.
Would you like me and or Nik'o disguised as maids or handmaidens"


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 37/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor ponders briefly before adding, "Too big of a group with hired help may draw too much notice. I would still people think we are not all together, so that we maintain the element of surprise if anyone decides to act against us. They will not know that we have two more ready to assist nearby." He finishes fully certain of his decision, before he realizes his company and adds, "That is just my take on it, if anyone else has better suggestions let's be out with them."


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

"Perhaps if one of you escorts them, while the others trail? I'm sure Chiirip will be a scout for you."


The little dragon lands on Trinia's head and peers down at her then whistles a little tune.


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

she speaks in a calm and thought out voice
"If the trailing group is to big it could raise other flags for guards or the Grey Maidens."

"The group could be played out like a play, each of use acts out a part of the Group."

she pauses and continues

"With Trinia playing a noble woman named "Valeria Innis"
Jendai playing her only son named "Soloman Innis".
Me playing as Head Maid named "Eva Fidchell",
Nik'o playing as the Son's personal maid named "Nina Macha".
Sgt. Drakus as Ms. Innis' personal body guard named "Gorden Tarvos",
Donagar will play as Soloman's personal Guard named "Dutch Skieth"
and Gregor Ward playing as Ms Innis' personal advisor named "Walter Gorre.""

"The cover story is that Ms Innis was planning on enrolling her son into the academy, but wanted to be sure it lived up to expectations.
So she personal decided to see it and ask a few questions for dean of the academy.
She does so since Soloman is an only child and with her husband deceased, she has grown more protective of her son, hence his own personal maid and guard."

she pauses and continues

"Any though on this idea, suggestions, or other plans."


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 37/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

As Mai goes through her plan and subsequent story, Gregor begins to look at her more and more as if she has a third arm growing out of her forehead. "Okay, look, I think you're really overcomplicating things. I don't know that we need a story quite that convoluted." He shakes his head and thinks, suggesting "Maybe just travel in small groups, each with our own SIMPLE stories. Myself and Ms. Sabor as a young couple, Sgt. Drakus, Nik'o and lady Kalesta as a small family, and Mai and Donager as drinking buddies, as you've shown you two speak as such already. That should be simple enough to pull off for everyone. Nothing too complex or outrageous, and nothing overly suspicious amongst any of them. Also, Marra, the assistance of a noble symbol of our great city, the dragonling Chiirip" He nods a light bow to the creature "would be most welcome as a scout."

DM X:
I don't know if the pseudo-dragon is attached to anyone, but I was building toward taking one as sson as I could get a familiar/improved familiar. I will be trying to build a rapport with it, if it's not attached maybe it could be my familiar, if it is maybe my familiar will know it. *Shrug*


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11
Gregor Ward wrote:
and Mai and Donager as drinking buddies, as you've shown you two speak as such already.

she introduced herself as Pai.

No self repecting Ninja would give their real name to people they weren't sure of.


CotCT GameMaestro

Gregor Ward:
Sounds great, I was going to make him an NPC Rogue before we got the ninja, so he's just hanging around since halfway through the first AP. He had been partially attached to one of the characters that dropped (she had to concentrate on her thesis.)


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 37/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])
Mai Asta Isabella wrote:
Gregor Ward wrote:
and Mai and Donager as drinking buddies, as you've shown you two speak as such already.

she introduced herself as Pai.

No self repecting Ninja would give their real name to people they weren't sure of.

Sorry, just been going off the name on the profile. I'll try to remember from here on out, but if I do slip up, just know that I meant Pai. You know, P and M sound so much alike, common slip of the tongue really. ;)


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

Got cha, they do sound alike.


HP 18/22

"I don't mind either way, but it's true that simpler story will hold better, considering our diversity... We shouldn't linger further though. As we've seen, the Grey Maiden are up and about. the more we wait, the tighter the net gets."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Tha plan is missin tha part where I kill someone wit my axe and drinks a pint o ale at tha same time!"


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

"If it's small groups, they need to look plausible from a distance.
Like Me and Gregor could appear as a couple going out,
Sgt. Drakus, Donagar, and Nik'o appear as a group just going home from some drinking,
and Trinia and Jendai being a mother and son going home after a busy shift at "The Dragon's Horde,"
I just need Vencarlo to deliver a message and things will be set up there."

"And Donagar, I won't give you the bottle in my back pack, until the job is done and you don't attract too much attention from guard or the maidens."

Random bottle of booze:
Dragon's Ale(1), Elven Mead(2), Ager's 11(3), The Black Jack(4), Dwarven Beer(5), Bond's Booze(6), The MacGuffin(7) or Love Wine(8).

1d8 ⇒ 7
It's MacGuffin, appropriately named for the situation.


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 37/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor shakes his head, his brow furrowed and lips pursed in frustration, he massages his temples with the thumb and forefinger of his non-sword hand. "Look, I realize it's within your nature to be sporadic and frivilous, but there are certain aspects that you are overlooking. If the two young women travel together they have no protection. Based on the partners I had suggested, each one had been with a protector. Since, Ms. Sabor is fairly capable on her own, it was just I, as the lady Kalesta is still pretty young, she had the other member of the guard, Sgt Drakus, and Nik'o to meet the idea of being a family. Since you possess both stealth and subterfuge when traveling the streets, and our dwarven member would not likely be a partner of either of the women acting in said roles, the two of you work best as overwatch." He takes a calming breath before he continues, "I truly think your theatrics are over the top, and turning a simple escort into a mighty production. If you want to take your story to the stage, then after this mission I would be willing to sit down with you and help put it into a discernable storyline, but for tonight I say we keep it simple and move out." He doesn't wait for a response, nods at Sgt Drakus as a subtle salute implying 'I'll be about my business', before he adjusts his clothing and crooks his arm for Trinia to accept. Once she does, he starts for the door.

No bad blood intended, just how he would react to Pai with her being not only a halfie, but the one who keeps countering his plans.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"How bout I run ahead an take a look see an run back ever so often tah check in on everbody, seems tah me a drunk dwarf runnin tha streets alone is not such a big deal."

"Let me see tha extendin rod Im fer castin long stride an makin it las all night, like a dwarf do."


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11
Gregor Ward wrote:

...

Since you possess both stealth and subterfuge when traveling the streets
...

No bad blood intended, just how he would react to Pai with her being not only a halfie, but the one who keeps countering his plans.

How do you know that in character?

""sporadic and frivilous," good sir. I have seen and did this a few times before. A single crack in a plan or story undid the entire job.
True simple is best, but you must make a plan B and have security on Plan A if you wish do so."

"Consider our meeting after the mission a date."


HP 18/22

Nik'o grows visibly impatient. She seems more nervous and proceeds to the door: "We have to settle on a plan and get moving!"


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 37/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Pai, this is how Gregor knows:
Mai Asta Isabella wrote:

How do you know that in character?

While you wait, Mai appears from behind you, not seen by anyone. (a bad habit of her's)
"I hope you didn't wait long, Mr Ward."

and

"I can be disguise as a Maid.
I just need to flip the skirt and bodice inside out.
As my clothing is all double sided for quick disguises.

She either showed or told us she has such skills if that is what you are referring to, or the halfie thing.

Mai Asta Isabella' profile wrote:

Physical Description

You see an Half-elven Woman of about 6 foot 0 and around 180 pounds. She has inherited comely elven features with a curvy human build with pale skin, But her face is more elven with Golden Amber eyes and lose Copper Red Hair that ends near her waist.

He looks over his shoulder to correct her choice of words as he continues for the door with Trinia on his arm, "No Pai, consider our meeting after this mission, a meeting.". Gregor continues heading out, determined to enact the latest plan he concocted, and hopeful that Nik'o and Sgt Drakus are following suit.


"No time for elaborate disguises, the magic in the hats should cover them. Just get them out before they close the secondary gates. When all the traffic going out is funneled through the main gates, it will be harder to get away with it. You have less than an hour."

let's get the scene moving.


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 40/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Impatient with the planning, Sgt. Drakus follows Gregor Ward out the door relieved to be under way. He keeps to the Drakus, Nik'o, Lady Kalesta team.


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

"Come on, Donagar. Time to act drunk, as we walk."


CotCT GameMaestro

The streets are littered with people, you tuck in behind a caravan heading toward one of the secondary gates. As you approach the gates, you see a group of Hellknights moving toward you, the lead seems to be staring at the different people approaching.


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 37/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor does his best to move casually, his years of maintaining such a rigid stance makes his gait come off as a little awkward. To try and even himself out he puts his arm across Trinia's shoulder to see if he can feed off of her movements a little. Leaning in close under the pretense of nuzzling her ear, he whispers "You wouldn't mind much doing the speaking would you? I'm not that good at spinning yarns, even to a Hellknight."


CotCT GameMaestro

To the north you hear warning bells sound.

Gregor and Drakus immediately recognize the bells as bells for a ship not answering hails. They'll be loading the catapults shortly.


Human Inquisitor of Iomedae 6

Off Camera:

Marra is having a chat with Vencarlo when the bells go off. He urges her to go investigate. So she races out of the door and up the street to the north.


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

Sound like Warning bells of some kind. Why is it making my feel uneasy, and for whom do these bells toll for?


Male Dwarf Cleric 6
Mai Asta Isabella wrote:
"Come on, Donagar. Time to act drunk, as we walk."

"Whos actin?"

"Ther be a ringin in mah ears."


HP 18/22

Nik'o does her best to stay in character as the group approaches the Hellknight. She's genuinely surprised by the bells and wonders. If some people start moving to get a closer look, she'll take advantage of it to slip unnoticed.


Male 'Human' Urban Ranger 1/Bard 5 (AC: 21 [T: 13 /FF: 19]; HP: 37/50; F+5, R+9, W+5; Init: +4; Perc: +11 [Low-light vision])

Gregor tenses at the bells, fighting his urge to run to the defense of the city. He decides that the sooner he gets this mission over with, the sooner he can perform his greater duties to the citizens of the city. He tries to use it to his advantage, "Pardon me, Lawman." he addresses the head Hellknight "That sounds like some sort of emergency warning, is the city under attack, or is there some violation of law? If needs that you should go, don't let us rabble stop you." he turns to the rest of the people and says loudly "Make way folks, these men have important work to do, do not stand in their way as their role in this may mean the difference between success and failure.", he steps back holding his arms up to hold Trinia and Sgt Drakus' group back, as lifts his eyes to the latter to express his hope that it works.

Perform Oratory 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 to rouse the Hellknights' sense of either glory or justice to run off toward the bells.


Male Human Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) L6 | AC26 (T12FF25) CMD27 | hp 40/58 | Saves: F9 R4 W4 | Percep +0 | Init: +1

Sgt. Drakus pauses a moment at the alarm, then resumes his marching. The guys on the wall ought to be able to handle a pirate attack.
His lip curls at the approach of the Hellknights, but holds his tongue.


CotCT GameMaestro

The Hellknight leader stops staring at the crowd, then motions for his group to follow him, as they turn and head north. The party approaches the gate.

The guard seems very distracted. He looks over Trinia and Jendai.

He seems to start taking interest in Trinia...

Suddenly you hear several catapults let their deadly cargo fly, followed by splashes. Less than a minute later you hear the catapults let loose again, followed by the sharp crack of splintering wood...the sound carrying in the foggy night.


HP 18/22

As seh notices one of the guards taking an interest in Trinia, Nik'o uses the skills she's developed at her mother's cafe, hoping to distract the guard: "Haven't I seen you somewhere?" Her body language is playful and cajoling somewhat.

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

When the sound of splintering wood is heard, she gets slightly closer: "What was that!? Am I in danger?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

"Maybe we should see bout helpin out back tha way, we ken put off err trip fer tha time bein."

Points towards the catapults and commotion....


HP: 43/43, Init: +2, AC: 20:14:17, CMD: 18 Saves: 5:9:4 +2Enchant Skills: Acro: +10, Bluff: +12 +2 vs Male Dip: +15 +2vs Male, Per +13, Sense +11, Stealth, +11

acting like a flirty drunk, before she whispers into Donagar's ear.
"We have a job to do, and If you want a bottle of Booze that's on me, we must complete our job of escorting those two out of town to Harse."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6

Well I convinced Mai we are not desperate to get out of town! ;)

"Yer right these gents ken handle tings witout us unner-foot!"


CotCT GameMaestro

"I don't know if I've met you before, but this lass, I'd like to meet her again, so firehair, why don't you swing by the Sheathed Blade when you come back into town, 'eh luv?" The guardsman seems a bit young.

Gregor:
you remember this particular guardsman was brought in after the riots.

Drakus:
you recognize this as an off-limits tavern for the guard except while on duty, due to the activities that go on there...

Mai:
the Sheathed Blade, is a den for opium and shiv use, not a direct competitor for your family's establishment, since those dregs aren't welcome in most places.


HP 18/22

Nik'o, hoping to get the guard's attention back, looks down at floor, toying with the corner of her blouse, and let's her poisonous tongue lash out at the youth: "Pffff! What? Do you think you can land a prize like her? When is the last time you looked in the mirror?! You're nothing but a GUARD, GUARDING the gate of the town, like hundreds of other identical and boring GUARDS! You're no hero KID! Just a horny boy whose aim is WAY too high!"

She turns her heel and lets her hips flail voluptuously as she walks past him: "Think on it kid, I'm the best you can hope for..."

1,951 to 2,000 of 3,470 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Xaaon's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Act III All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.