Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Wygate (Inactive)

Game Master Vuvu


1 to 50 of 112 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

The three of you stand together on the stairs to the military station in the upper district. Gunla has just called the other to herself, but has not yet spoken.


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Before Balthe leaves Vlachus he put his arm on his shoulder.

Don't worry we will sort this out. You look exhausted.

Balthe Sings a few notes. Casts Song of Serenity

After receiving the parcel from the supervisor Balthe ponders the man he is supposed to take it to...Lars Highby...hmmm

Knowledge Local1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

As he thinks on the man and all he knows about him, especially his known vehemence for another Inquisitor-Gunla, he is all at once surprised, delighted and energized to see her waiting for him. He would not go so far as to call them friends but they have each done each other small favors in the past. Perhaps she can help him again.

He adjusts his pack filled with all his gear from training exercises and walks over to her.

Gunla! He says with a smile, I cannot say I expected to find you here but, you might just be the person that I most need to see. It involves a mutual acquaintance of ours. He lowers his voice, Lars Highby


I know, Gunla says, flatly. Her stern, sorrowful eyes are, as always, expertly scanning her immediate surroundings with an almost paranoid vigilance.

Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Gunla rests one large hand firmly on the back of Balthe's neck, and the other on that of the indebted citizen. Walk and talk.

She begins to move, relaxing her grip only if and when her conscripted allies begin to freely do the same.


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Balthe sticks his parcel in his pouch, as he allows him self to be led by the gruff inquisitor. Out of politeness he looks around the streets as they walk, trying to set her mind at ease. Though he has no hope of spotting anything more unusual than himself, Gunla and Eli walking together.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

When you are comfortable Gunla, tell me what you know, and I will do the same. Hmm ...what is he doing here? He has never served. That is odd. Eli, I am surprised to see you outside of your shop? What brings you here?

As they move Balthe smiles jovially at anyone that they pass in the streets.


Gunla, nettled by Balthe's attempt to put her at ease, quickly and crisply answers for Eli before the alchemist has a chance to speak. Her voice is somewhere between a growl and a purr; gentle in a vaguely-threatening way that shares much in common with the soft growl of a tiger.

Eli is indebted to the inquisition, and to me in particular. He - on my insistence - will be escorting you to the drop-off... as will I.

Gunla spares Eli a stern (but not entirely unkind), "this is how it's going to be; got it?" glance, but otherwise keeps her eyes on the streets... both ahead and behind.

What is in the parcel.

This last statement is less a question and more a demand of information (albiet a flat and conversational one).


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Can't say. Blackmail courtesy of your good friend Lars. I don't like bullies Herr Gunla, so I think I am going to have lunch while I ponder this situation you two are welcome to join me. Lars it seems will have to wait. The parcel is not going anywhere.

Balthe meanders into a pub and calls for lunch for three specials.

Why are you here Gunla? I know you are not working with Lars...not by choice. He asks directly.

After they are seated and settled. Perhaps after Gunla answwers, perhaps before. Balthe looks into the parcel if he can open it without damaging it. He does not share what is in it with the others, until he sees first.


Gunla keeps her lips pursed tight, but still manages a short sigh, through her nose.

Highby is an inquisitor, and you'd be wise not to refer to him as a "bully," or as anything else. An inquisitor is not a priest, Balthe. We are... forgiven the use of certain methods and unfettered by many of the rules which would otherwise govern members of authority within the church. Speak carefully and tread lightly.

Gunla frowns at the lunch break, and frowns even more severely as Balthe begins to fiddle with the package. She does not object - not yet - as it is not her job to deliver the package, strictly speaking, but rather to assist Balthe (whose job it most certainly is) in doing so.

All the same, Gunla sits, and facing the door. She declines any offer of food or drink.

As for me, I'm "here" because it is my job to be here. Your parcel - your job - is apparently one of some significance.

There is a vaguely nagging emphasis on the word job, but Gunla's eyes are on the entrances and exits.


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Balthe laughs melodically. Yet again you are wise beyond my years Herr Gunla. Whatever hapens I have just completed my training with the guard and must eat. If Inquisitor Highby is upset, I am sure I will apologize profusely.

He sighs.

Herr Gunla. I have served our nation bravely and honorably, as did my dear friends Telwyn and Vlachus. We are the first to receive the Platinum Fist in 30 years.
He gestures to the fist clasp on his cloak.

We went through the nine hells to survive, then found a few more. Now one of us is being blackmailed. Inquisitor Highby I am sure has nothing to do with it...but I will not stand idly by. So I will think and ponder, then complete my job and allow you to complete yours. I tell you this because Mezmer trusts you. Therefore I do to. Eli I do not know what brought you here but I know and trust your father. And if I can't trust you...well I trust Gunlas large knife there.

He glances at the katana.


Perception checks yield nothing out of the ordinary.

Balthe notes that the parcel is thoroughly wrapped in canvas, tied, and even sealed with wax. It would be impossible to open the package without making the tampering obvious. He can tell, however, that, under the wrapping, there is a box with something else inside it. It weighs a few pounds and measures about 1'x6"x6"


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

What I would give for a scroll of mending right now...

perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Balthe gives the box a gentle shake, listening to try to get an idea what is inside. Then he returns it to his pouch.

It's a shame but duty is duty...


The contents of the box sound a little squishy. It is definitely one object, but it is oblong and unbalanced.


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Having one last fleeting thought. He opens his pouch and mutters a cantrip.

detect magic and Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Satisfied he can learn no more without opening it he tries to enjoy the conversation and lunch.


Male Human Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 9 [HP 61/71 | AC: 17 (25) T: 13 FF: 16 | F: +10 R: +10 W: +6 (+2 vs Poison) | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Effects: Mutagen (+4 Dex, -2 Wis, +2 Nat)]

Eli is still tired. He hasn't slept and he has been abusing the Allnight a little more than usual. He slips out of the shop in the morning in search if some supplies to brew something for Marysin and in his stressed state his heart takes a mighty jump when Gunla appears as if from nowhere and orders him to come with her. He protests, but her silence eventually ends his evasions and prevarications and he follows her in sullen silence.

At the sight of Balthe, he is relieved at first, seeing a friendly face and he starts to greet the man, but once again Gunla enforces his silence. In the morning light he is pale, unshaven, with bloodshot eyes and dark circles beneath them. He moves with nervous energy despite this. Gunla's use of the word 'escort' makes him sit up a little too straight and break his silence for the first time.

"Escort? Is he going to a ball? Because I am little prepared for a night in polite society - or any society." he says rather too quickly. He clamps his mouth shut and looks at Gunla nervously.


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Balthe laughs heartily at the comment. I knew I liked Eli for a reason.


Gunla neither frowns nor smiles at the remark.

Just be grateful that you've been called upon to pay your debt with such a simple task as this one...

The doubt in Gunla's voice is plainly evident...


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Balthe finishes his meal, and pays. He looks to Gunla sadly.

I must say Gunla, I expected you to be more inquisitive about such evil doings that have somehow involved the inquisition. A shame, when good folk turn a blind eye. And yes I know you are not a priest and you get certain dispensations etc. So spare me the threat again.

But having no options remaining to me without opening this package, which I will not do, I guess good old Lars has waited long enough. Come on Eli.

Balthe rises, shoulders his pack and briskly heads towards the drop off. Saying nothing more, nor waiting for them to follow. He makes sure as he walks to wave, and say hello to as many people as he can, though never stopping.


Mm, is Gunla's initial reply.

Once clear of the restaurant, Gunla abruptly halts the procession, stepping into an alley or behind a commercial dwelling.

Believe me when I say, hymnist, that you'll know when I am threatening you. My words carried a most sincere warning. Larz serves a ruthless inquisitor. Speaking ill of any member of the inquisition... present company excluded... is ill-advised.

Gunla pauses. Especially that one.

Pausing again, Gunla continues. Eli. Watch the street.

The inquisitor clears her throat, and then adds, uncomfortably,

Please.

Gunla takes a hard look around before continuing to address Balthe.

As for your plight, why tell me? Few have cause or opportunity to "blackmail" the truly innocent. Furthermore, to imply that the inquisition is carrying on "evil doings" without evidence is foolish. If you're wrong, you're likely to have your reputation ruined, along with your career and quite possibly your face... and if you're right, you're even more likely. If there is something you'd care to bring to my attention, have out with it.

Gunla leans foward. Her world-weary gaze, affixed with grave severity on Balthe's own eyes, manages both steel and sorrow at once.

Please understand, hymnist; I must tread twice as carefully as anyone. So, too, should you understand that one must choose his battles carefully when coming to conflict with the man whose errand we are presently running.


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Balthe turns and angrily, and rapidly speaks

I tell you because you are someone that I believe will not stand for injustice. I cannot tell you nor anyone what happened out there. The leadership of our nation knows, that is enough. I am sworn to secrecy. This has to do with that event. How he is being blackmailed I do not know.

I care nothing for my face nor my career, when it comes to the innocence of my friends. And quite frankly nothing the inquisition will do can compare with what we went through, nor will they want to risk the black eye of "interrogating" someone of my public stature, at least without real proof.

My friend is being blackmailed. That is a fact. I am now taking a parcel to the inquisitor. Blackmail is evil doings. My taking this to the Inquisition involves them in the evil doings. What his involvement is I do not know. I do not like the man, but that does not mean he is actively involved.

He calms himself. As to choosing battles...sometimes I am afraid that you have to fight battles that are daunting. Something is wrong here, with this situation and I will not stand idly by. Do not think I am dumb enough to march in there and start throwing accusations around.

Balthe pauses again, trying to keep from losing his composure again. He is visibly shaken by the stress of what is happening.

I apologize for insulting you, that was beneath me.


Gunla dismiss this last with a gesture.

And what is it that implicates the inquisition as having anything to do with the alleged blackmailing?


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Whatever this is, pats his pouch[/b] is directly related to the blackmailing. It is being sent to the inquisition. He may or may not know anything about it. I am confident that the Inquisition does not wish to be party to blackmail, in any event. And as soon as I drop this off, they are.

Maybe I am being paranoid, and he will see it for what it is and bring down righteous justice on the wrongdoers... He trails off

I am asking you now to help me make sure that what is "right" is done, whatever that may be. If I am overreacting, then I will compose a hymn to the glory of Lars Highby and sing it naked in the streets at noon on the next feast day.


You know that the parcel is related because you are privy to the identity of the sender, then?


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Correct. The one being blackmailed sent me to pick it up, and then to deliver it. Immediately after telling me he was being blackmailed, same sentence almost.


Male Human Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 9 [HP 61/71 | AC: 17 (25) T: 13 FF: 16 | F: +10 R: +10 W: +6 (+2 vs Poison) | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Effects: Mutagen (+4 Dex, -2 Wis, +2 Nat)]

Gunla's rebuke silences him for a time. Leaving the tavern and returning to the street he squints against the sun rising above the rooftops. He obeys Gunla's order to keep watch, but his expression is incredulous as he does so.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Hearing the intensity of the discussion behind him, Eli looks back at his friend and Gunla. Sensing a break in the conversation, he frowns and cuts in. "What are you involving me in and what in the name of the stars in the sky do you think I have to contribute here? If you wanted sharp eyes, buy a Falcon. I'm just a craftsman who wants to get home to his wife!" he says in a hoarse whisper.


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Balthe looks at Eli, noticing how haggard he looks.

I thought you were one of the escorts for this, I didn't really give it much thought... You look exhausted, let me help.

Balthe rests his hand on Eli's shoulder and sings a few notes. As he does all feelings of fatigue fade.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Cast Song of Serenity


Assuming that this delivery goes smoothly, then, all I have is to go on is your speculation. Worse, that's all you have to go on.

Gunla scans the alley one last time, then pushes back into the street, addressing Eli as she passes him.

...and a craftsman you may be, Eli - but a craftsman of bombs and alchemy. Lest I am wrong, this assignment will not consist of a simple or standard delivery. If it does, count yourself lucky that your debt was paid so easily, alchemist.

Gunla, realizing that she has no idea where to go, stops at the sidewalk, and uncomfortably waits for the hymnist to take the lead. Her cloak - having flared out behind her as she strode decisively forward - settles into an equally anticlimactic stillness.

...and if it doesn't, do your part to help and count yourself lucky that you have a home to go back to, and not a cell. You gave me a name and a lead and I gave you a shakedown and a warning. All I expected in return for my lenience was enough gratitude to merit a simple favor. Do I expect too much?


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Perhaps...perhaps not. Let me know what kind of sauce you like with your crow, I prefer a nice honey mustard sauce with mine.

Balthe smiles and leads the way to deliver the parcel.

She really needs to lighten up. I thought I was dour today

Then perhaps to rankle Gunla, perhaps to take his mind off his stress, he summons a fiddle to play as he walks.

Cast Summon Instrument

As he makes his way through the relatively open street he plays a folk song, telling the tale of a young woman's trials and tribulations as she falls from privilege and then works her way back to glory.

Sing1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
String1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Human Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 9 [HP 61/71 | AC: 17 (25) T: 13 FF: 16 | F: +10 R: +10 W: +6 (+2 vs Poison) | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Effects: Mutagen (+4 Dex, -2 Wis, +2 Nat)]

Eli's expression is alarmed. "Are you expecting me to have to use my arts in self-defense?" he asks. He glances around the street worriedly. "Uh, because, yes, I know a thing or two that might be useful in a... Fight. If it were strictly necessary. But why not warn me instead of accosting me on the street... I need to get things from my lab. Prepare!" he says. He pats his belt pouch, checking something. A tiny bit of relief calms him, but he starts to look even more nervously at every alley and group of men.


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

As soon as the three are close to the drop. Balthe will duck into an alley and dress in his full military dress, prestidigitating everything pristine.

Responding to any looks Well you two are the ones talking about a fight. Besides I cut quite a figure in my garb.


In a low voice, so as not to overshadow the music, Gunla replies to Eli.

It's no simple delivery. That's all I know. Call the rest a hunch.

Later, as Balthe prepares his uniform, Gunla makes one last declaration. Her tone is soft but stern.

If things are going to get... messy, bard, then they'll begin to do so soon. If there's anything more you care to tell me, now is the time.


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Balthe sharpens his short sword, and offers the stone to Gunla.

I know nothing else, at least not that can help. I cannot tell you what happened in the field, and can't see how it could help in any event. You are clever enough to know that Vlachus is the only one of the other two living in the city. He is being blackmailed, I was sent to Cyne to get this parcel to deliver to Highby.

If things go bad I will support you, I am afraid you will be the main line of combat. But before things do go bad. Do you have a dagger or something we can give Eli? Why are you so worried this is going to go bad? My expectation is that I turn it over, keep an eye on him, and do some digging after.


Male Human Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 9 [HP 61/71 | AC: 17 (25) T: 13 FF: 16 | F: +10 R: +10 W: +6 (+2 vs Poison) | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Effects: Mutagen (+4 Dex, -2 Wis, +2 Nat)]

"I'm sorry but she makes me nervous." Eli says, drawing a dagger from a sheath in his boot. He looks it over before returning it to its hiding place. He looks up at the others if they question its existence. "What? I've felt the need for a little protection lately. Gunla knows why..." he grumbles. "I hope this is just a delivery, but if Gunla thinks otherwise, I'm not putting any money on that being the case."

As they approach their destination Eli takes a small vial of silvery liquid out of his belt pouch and holds it in his hand, nervously twirling it between his fingers.


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

It would appear Eli has problems of his own...what is that silver liquid I wonder...

bardic knowledge1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Completing his check of his armor and gear, Balthe tries to smile reassuringly at Eli. He pauses giving Gunla a chance to let him know any pertinent info.

Then he nods to Gunla and exits the alley and crosses the square and looks for Lars.


@ GM Jacob: How's the drop-off site laid out? I might want to stay around the corner.


Lars will hopefully be at his station in the district headquarters unless he is out on assignment. The headquarters are a nondescript, two-story building with one entrance leading out into the middle of the square. To watch from out of sight will require standing a good 50' away on any one of 4 side streets.

@Balthe - Quite frankly, I don't know what the silver liquid is.


Male Human Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 9 [HP 61/71 | AC: 17 (25) T: 13 FF: 16 | F: +10 R: +10 W: +6 (+2 vs Poison) | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Effects: Mutagen (+4 Dex, -2 Wis, +2 Nat)]

It's an Extract of Shield, the only one he prepared for the day.

Eli follows Balthe reluctantly, his hesitation apparent in his expression and gait. He looks this way and that nervously.


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Ha! Love it

I will make sure Gunla has time to land herself whereever she wants before entering

Balthe strides across the square confidently and enters the building.

As they walk, he mutters to Eli as reassuringly as he can Whatever, happened Eli, once this is done, I will help you if I can. Try to relax if you can.
To the guard, or whomever the first person he sees he says, if they appear to be an inquisitor he sharply salutes,

We have a meeting with Inquisitor Highby, where can we find him?


The secretary glances up from her paperwork casually and examines the group. He had to go to the military base north of here. That's the one you just came from. Had to talk to...well, someone. Assuming Gunla stayed back. If not, the secretary will be snappy and a bit rude.


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Balthe gives her his best smile, and turns and heads back out the door.

Well folks we are heading back to where we started. Something very strange is going on here. Eli did you need to grab something from your shop? There is a second route that we can take back that passes by it.

Assuming no objections Balthe will lead them back to the base. Assuming he knows who to speak to there to find Lars

Someone is playing us for fools...


Male Human Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 9 [HP 61/71 | AC: 17 (25) T: 13 FF: 16 | F: +10 R: +10 W: +6 (+2 vs Poison) | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Effects: Mutagen (+4 Dex, -2 Wis, +2 Nat)]

"That does seem odd." Eli says, glancing sidelong at Balthe. Looking up at the position of the sun, he looks worried. "Yes, I need to stop by my lab if I'm going to be of any more significant use to you. And if you don't mind a few minutes' detour, I needed to grab some things for Marysin."


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

I am fine with the detour, I can use the time to ponder...Though I can't speak for Gunla here. Any idea what is going on Gunla?


Male Human Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 9 [HP 61/71 | AC: 17 (25) T: 13 FF: 16 | F: +10 R: +10 W: +6 (+2 vs Poison) | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Effects: Mutagen (+4 Dex, -2 Wis, +2 Nat)]

Eli looks a little relieved and he takes a short trip to an apothecary's and to a dubious-looking shop selling odd herbs and the services of a fortune teller. He emerges with something wrapped in a paper package tied with string that he stuffs into a pocket. At his shop, a somber-looking three-story structure nearby, marked by a wooden sign hanging out over the cobbles depicting a black drake and the name Blakewater's in dark green lettering that you know to glow in the dark, and a stylized crucible that marks it as an Alchemist's shop, Eli asks you to wait outside. while you chat he disappears within. you can hear him exchanging a few words with his uncle before he ascends to the apartment above. You have several minutes before Eli returns. He has a long black coat on, and beneath it a belt with several pouches and a bandolier with dark glass vials tucked securely into the pockets. He carries a stout-looking cane with a top shaped like a Ram's head that looks as though it is reinforced and will make a good cudgel if necessary.


I know little that you do not. Likely less.


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Marching sharply back into the base, Balthe seeks out someone who knows where to find Lars. After learning where to go he will go to see him posthaste.

Getting tired of this run around...


One of the two guards standing on the stairs outside the base says, Lars entered but moments ago, but I do not know his business. The other looks off into the city and muses, There sure have been a lot of "visits" lately, if you know what I mean. I wonder what's going on.

If you have any additional questions or comments for the guards, feel free to add them now. If not, just continue on. As an aside, you can always backtrack a post or two to continue a conversation if necessary.

Just inside the double doors to the base you find Lars sitting in a plain, wooden chair along the wall, appearing as if he is waiting for someone. As soon as he sees Gunla he narrows his eyes and demands, with obvious spite, What's this? Then, with a look of absolute superiority and a condescending tone he adds, Have you not yet finished your important assignment?


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

I have no questions, but retroactive ones for the others if they do is more than fine with me

Ours is not to question only to follow orders. Balthe says wryly, no mistaking that.

Quietly to his companions Watch his reactions closely...please.

Entering the room, Balthe flashes a winning smile at Lars as he leaves the door open, speaking loud enough for those outside to hear, if they choose to.

Herr Gunla has performed admirably, she does great honor to the inquisition. I believe all assignments are considered important in the eyes of Irori and the inquisition yes? Not giving him a chance to answer, he continues. I believe that you were expecting a delivery.

Balthe unshoulders his pack and rummages through it, keeping an eye on Lars.

Hopefully the delay as I rummage through my pack, before pulling it from my pouch gives them time to observe his reactions

Sense Motive1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

As he continues to rummage Seems a bit much to send an Inquisitor to escort a small package.


Male Human Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 9 [HP 61/71 | AC: 17 (25) T: 13 FF: 16 | F: +10 R: +10 W: +6 (+2 vs Poison) | Init +4 | Perc +6 | Effects: Mutagen (+4 Dex, -2 Wis, +2 Nat)]

Eli, following instructions, watches Lars, still fingering the vial in his left hand while his right grips his cane.

Sense Motive 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


Neither one of you can detect any reaction from Lars beyond his pre-existing distaste for Gunla. He does not seems surprised to be receiving a package, either.


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Balthe reshoulders his pack, and removes the parcel from his belt pouch.

Here you are.


Flatly, as always:

I would not subject my position or yours to the indignity of answering your question, Highby. You disgrace us both. Is your delivery in order? Would that you simply answer my question and in doing so assist all present in the conducting of this delivery plainly and frankly, one might perceive that you take some degree of pride in your professionalism and the esteem of your station.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Sense Motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


skills:
Climb+7 Intimidate +5 Profession: Bouncer +4 Perc +2 Swim+9
Human Keleshite from Katapesh
Vital:
HP:20/20 , AC: 15 (16) T: 12(13) FF: 13, CMD +17 (19 Trip 20 BR 19 Repo) Percep +2: Init+2, F: +5 (+1 vs stagg, fatigue, exhaust) R: +2 W:+ 1, CMB: +4, CMD+16 (+3 vs Bullrush, +1 Trip: , Speed: 30

Please lose your temper Lars...

1 to 50 of 112 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wygate All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.