Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment

Game Master Xzaral

Way of the Wicked by Fire Mountain Games

Roll20

Battlemat


2,551 to 2,573 of 2,573 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

King of Talingarde

Alaric and Cain move to the roof to find all the guards had come below, leaving the top of the gatehouse bare and open to assault. Two ballistae (50 bolts each) and two stone droppers rest here, weapons which would have devastated an invading army.

Price stares into the room below and finds supplies, materials to hold out against siege. Mostly iron rations, root vegetables and dried meat. With these stores, Balentyne could hold out for a number of days eating out of this room alone.

Then the stones rain down upon the rookery, each slam an alert for those nearby. By the time the cacophony stops, horns are already blaring. Balentyne is awake.

Xanos's hand hears the first attempts to open the door to the barracks, shouts from the other side let them know they've been locked in somehow. Over the sounds of coughing and wheezing, it sounds as though they are only beginning to figure out something is going on.

As Teon flies above, he sees the soldiers upon the wall and by the doors outside take up arms, bows at this point, and attempt to figure out the source of the attack. (At this point you see 9 people outside.)


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

I'm going to assume that Shulme also didn't see anyone below at the other floor-door.

She moves up to the roof level, pleased that there were no more guards. "Shall we spin these catapults around and see if we can wreck the tower?"


King of Talingarde

Nope. There is a cistern in the other that leads down to the river below. It is grated though.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos walked into the middle of the room full of dead ravens and read liquid words from the scroll he had retrieved from Third Eye.

In his hand was a small pile of ornately carved knucklebones and a single onyx sphere. A whisper lit the ends of his fingers on fire. The final syllable read from the scroll caused a burst of crackling dark energy to pulse from his hand, reducing the bones, the onyx and the scroll itself to dust. The pulse carried the flames with it, washing over the dead birds, sinking into them, causing their feathers to smoke and their beaks to char, lifting their tiny bodies up in a terrible mockery of what they had been only moments before.

Casting Spark and Haste with Raise Dead. Burning Bloody Fast Zombie Ravens, yay!


Like corn in a kettle, one by one the birds eyeballs burst, boiled from within. They were replaced with cherry red embers set deep in their skulls. Their bodies smoldered, but never quite seemed to catch. The effect was something like looking at a blackened log in a fire that was beginning to burn out, the glowing embers rippling along the veins of the soot-black feathers.

They flapped their wings and cawed, a rasping, awful noise like a bird choking on smoke. Fires flared up along the edges of their wings as the air churned from their flapping rushed through the smoldering feathers.

Their beaks dripped with boiling blood that hissed and spattered where it fell, blackening almost instantly and filling the the air around them with the pleasant scent of cooked bird.

They exploded forth from the tower, leaving it a burning ruin, screaming out their hate and circling round, each leaving a black trail of smoke behind it.

The sky above Ballentyne became the broken spiral.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos stood in the window of the burning tower, back lit by the flames, letting his disguise melt away. He looked down on the wretched soldiers below like a farmer might survey an unwanted anthill.

He spoke his commands to his new flock in an ancient tongue and gestured toward the barracks, then walked back into the flames.

Meeting Teon at the other window.


The flock descended on the barracks like the wrath of an angry god, crashing through windows and flying down chimneys. Smoke quickly stared pouring out of the building.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

That woke them up. Use the flair then let's go hunting.


How does the cistern to the river work? If we were able to pry the gate off, would it make a possible exit strategy once our bloody work is done? Or would we have to make a bunch of swim checks to get through it?

Cain pauses a moment in turning the ballista to appreciate the explosion or rocks then flaming birds. "Too Tall is an ass," he growls through lupine lips, "but he knows how to put on a show. Now where's that flare?"

As he works, he keeps his eyes peeled for any silhouettes on the walls, catwalks, or towers that look like they could be choice targets.

Perception to keep an eye out for the Lord, the mage, or any of the clerics.
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Shulme leans on his spear for a moment, distracted, uneasy, feeling something on the faint edge of his awareness. Perhaps the echo of Xanos calling upon the old arts, as he must be doing even now? Or perhaps...

The sorcerer gives a baleful glance upwards, his gaze meeting only Balentyne's ceiling. He shivers, recovering, and looks to his companions, ready to provide aid.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos lit the flare and held it as it fired off its message to the bugbears. Then he stepped out onto the side of the tower, clinging with magic.

Where would you like us? Xanos said to the group in the gatehouse through the whisper link.


King of Talingarde

Removing the gate would give access, but only a creature of small size or smaller can fit through it. It could be used if you could reduce everyone's size.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Through the link, Price replies to Xanos, "We'll be coming to you directly after we open the gates. Seal the Chapel, if you can. Unleash Teon." The roof under control, Price drops down the ladder, bolts the door onto the parapet, and looks to Shulme and Slave. "Let's open the gates and ensure they can't be closed again." She studies the winching mechanisms briefly before setting the plan in motion.

Open the gate at 19a, then drop the bridge at 18a, then wreck/sabotage the mechanism... destroying the chains or whatnot.


Cain and Alaric stand sentry duty on the gatehouse roof... Cain at the wall watching back into the keep and Alaric by the trapdoor on the floor to relay messages down to the rest of the team.

His gloved fingers tap out an impatient beat on the stone.

Just keeping watch for priority targets as Price, Shulme, and Slave open/jam the gates.
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Also, how big are the ballisae missiles? Small enough for one or two strong men to pick up the whole crate and drop them over the side? Or would that require a lot more time/effort due to having to do it a missile or two at a time?


16/16 HP, 17 AC, Fort +2, Dex +2, Will +4 Current Spell Effects: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic

Xanos' hand immediately ran for the chapel doors.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"To the chapel." Xanos said to Teon, taking his hand and letting go of the tower.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

I am not sure how much time is left on the 3 minute invisibility. But so far Teon has done nothing to make it end early.

@Xanos You are going to need to move yourself on the Roll20 map.

Here we then. This time, I think they will spot us. I hope soTeon takes the out stretched hand and pulls Xanos in, this time simply tucking him underneath one enlarged arm. He lands in front of the the doors to the chaple, setting Xanos beside him in front of the other door.

I am going to assume with the raised alarm level, the guards in front of the keep are going to see at least Xanos, if not Teon because he is invisable

Status:

HP 37/37 THP 38/38

AC 27
TAC 11
FF 26

Fort 5
Ref 4
Will 7

Spells

Lvl 1 3/5
Lvl 2 2/3

Wearing Teon

Mage Armor

Enlarge Person

Barkskin

Invisible


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

They'll definitely see Xanos. I want them too.

Assuming the chapel doors haven't been opened yet, Xanos is going to cast Arcane Lock on them. I'm not able to access the map right now. I'll do it as soon as I can.

"Miss Price indicated that you should be 'unleashed.'" Xanos said, clearly amused by the statement.


Cain watches in amusement as Xanos floats awkwardly through the air... hanging as if held like some stoic doll.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Admittedly not my proudest moment.


Eh. Anyone who makes fun is gonna end up as just a hand on your belt, right?


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

What makes you think I'd want your mangy hand?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Everyone loves the smell of wet dog.

2,551 to 2,573 of 2,573 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.