Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment

Game Master Xzaral

Way of the Wicked by Fire Mountain Games

Roll20

Battlemat


351 to 400 of 2,573 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

"I'm a woman of noble birth, it's practically in my blood."

Gwyn's grin is almost wide enough to take her ears.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"She will not. She believes the consequences would be quite dire."


King of Talingarde

Sorry, didn't have a good chance to read and respond earlier. As you knocked, you would have heard the continued sounds of a knife on a cutting board, which only speed up as you knock. She doesn't respond to you. If you wish to retcon at all, let me know.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Irritation sweeps across Price's face briefly. She says quietly, "I think Irena has reached her limit, she's trying to shut this all out - which is good. She'll stay quiet. Unfortunately, she isn't going to be of any more help. Let's go."

So, guys, quick listen check on Armory and Blackerly's Office followed by a hopefully quick check in the Armory (assuming its quiet), and then a raid on Blackerly's Office and Bedroom?


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Yep, but I wanna make sure Cain's good with this first.


Cain nods at the plan as he sheathes his sword and picks back up Wendel's bottle… tossing it in the air, letting it spin a few times before catching it nonchalantly by the neck. "Sounds good to me." He cracks the door, making sure no guards have wandered into the hall. Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16.

If his eyes and ears tell him nothing has changed, he opens the door, offering Gwyn point.

After she quietly pads out heads out, he makes his way over to the door to Blackerly's office (the door to room 14), pressing his ear up against it to listen for noise from within.
Stealth 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25; cloak.
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Gwyn probably would have take off the cloak to help with the disguise.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Gwyn leads the way. Her disguise is a little cumbersome and it's been a while since she's worn a dress, so the fabric ruffles a little as she tries to sneak around to the armory. She also listens at the door, but the new costume is proving more than a little distracting.


King of Talingarde

No guards have found their way into the hallway. Gwyndolin makes her way to the doorway to Blackerly's office, listening inside to hear nothing. The same comes from Cain.

Assuming you're following Price's plan.

You make your way to the armory, and no sounds can be heard from inside this room as well. A quick check inside shows the room to be quite dark, no candles or torches lit inside. A glint of light reflected from the torch in the hallway does indicate that their are weapons inside the room.

If anyone wants to search inside, I will need stealth checks, 1 to get there, 1 for searching. I assume Gwyn and Cain are already there and thus only need the second one for searching.

The Screen:

1d20 + 2 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 5 - 4 = 13


King of Talingarde

If you search, here's the goods.

Armory:
About to head to work, so wanted to get it up. You can divvy it up ooc if you want, but I'll want to resolve stealth checks before equipping armor or anything.

  • Six spare guard uniforms*
  • 6 longswords*
  • 6 chain shirts*
  • 6 longbows*
  • barrel with 240 arrows
  • 12 cudgels on a rack
  • 6 heavy steel shields*
  • Shiv made from a woman's comb (treat as dagger, +2 to Sleight of Hand to hide on person if reasonable)
  • A heavy mace, head shaped like a laughing demon
  • a spear, a tattered peach of cloth at the end long ago ripped off
  • MW Quarterstaff
  • Battle axe, many notches upon it's handle
  • rapier, still stained with blood
  • greatsword, dulling from disuse (still functional though)
  • trident, a salty smell upon it
  • glaive
  • dagger, a small groove in it's length, probably for poison (no mechanical bonus)
  • a suit of leather armor, scarred from numerous strikes against it
  • Items with a * are marked with Talingarde symbol, as are all guard equipment


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 :| I was kinda hoping for a better roll.

Still not used to the dress, Gwyn tries to cautiously make her way into the armory and do a quick search. Her eyes sparkle with delight when she sees the poisoners dagger and the leather armor.

Oh how fickle luck can be.

A wicked grin spreads across her face. she makes her way out of the armory and whispers in Cain's ear.

Cain Perception DC 25:
"There are several more guard's uniforms and weapons, as well as some other items that may interest our friends"


I think that above spoiler from Gwyn should read "Cain OR Perception DC 25". Just for everyone's clarity (Cain doesn't have to make the DC as she's whispering to him).

Maps (for convenience) wrote:

Full Prison Map

Tactical Map

Cain nods at Gwyn then turns to relay the message. He pulls everyone in close (in the hallway) and whispers (same DC as above for any potential eavesdroppers), "Gwyn says the armory is well-stocked. There doesn't seem to have any other doors, but I'm going to work with Gwyn to make sure there's not any secret doors between this room and Blackerly's… which should back up to the far wall. So grab what you want, but do it quickly and quietly. Anyone willing to keep watch while we re-arm?"

Take what you want from the above "Armory" spoiler. I'm gonna take 20 more arrows, then either the greatsword or the glaive (or both if nobody else wants them). DM: does the great sword have a back-scabbard or anything?

Obviously if someone wants one of those, they're free to it... Cain is pretty well equipped as it is.

Cain then stalks into the armory, quickly considering and dismissing most of the weapons. He grabs another two handfuls of arrows, and quickly inspects the old great sword as well as the glaive propped up in the corner. Once he reaches the back wall, he gets Gwyn's attention, and beckons for her to come take a look for any hidden catches or doors on the west wall.

Stealth 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
Perception (AA to Gwyn's attempt) DC 10 - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11. <- Gwyn gets a +2 to her roll.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price cat-foots into the armory and smiles with delight at the demon-headed mace, hefting it. Mace in hand, Price takes up a guard position while others re-equip themselves.

If no one objects, Price will take the mace. It is the one martial weapon I can use.

I'd suggest Gwyn take the dagger and the disguised dagger... but whatever Xanos can use should be a priority - just in case. Maybe the MW Quarterstaff? We should sell it even if we can't use it.

Stealth 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 2 = 20
Stealth 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 2 = 22


HP: 38/38 AC 22/14/18: F+6, R +4, W+1*, Per:0, Init: +11

Jakes stops a moment in the doorway to the Armory, face splitting with a grin.

Eyeing the rack of blades, she says "Ah! Everything we need to host a proper party!" With a chuckle, she tosses her knife into the corner and brandishes the rapier, swishing it through the air for good measure.

Don't see anything else Jakes needs. She will assemble the rudiments of proper fighting dress from on of the guard uniforms however, to go with her chain shirt, discarding what remains of her prison rags....


Can I suggest Kalina stick with the dagger? The penalties for 2-weapon fighting with two one-handed weapons (in this case a longsword + rapier) are -2 worse than with one-handed + light weapon (longsword + dagger). Totally up to Kalina, but were it me, I'd stick with the dagger until you have more of a feat investment in one-handed weapons.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos waits patiently as the group arms themselves, entering last. Hanging his stolen longsword on a weapon rack, he picks up the staff. Hefting it, he seems satisfied.

As they leave he gently shuts the door behind him.

"Break the lock." He says to Cain.

Wouldn't want them to be able to arm themselves with the stuff we leave behind, now would we?


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Gwyn's grabbing the leather armor and the two daggers (three if Jakes ditches hers).

Realizing she doesn't have a lot of time to be just standing there, Gwyn grabs the dagger(s) and the shiv, as well as the leather armor. She debates whether or not to wear it and decides a disguise was the better defense.

"Can someone carry this for me? I'll need it later, but right now I think it might be better to act the part of a scared serving girl."

Nope we wouldn't
Sleight of Hand (Dagger 1): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Sleight of Hand (Dagger 2): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Sleight of Hand (Dagger 3): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 If needed.

Gwyn stuffs the other daggers in her sleeves and holds on to the one she had been using. After all, no sense in getting hurt because you foolishly hid all of your weapons where you couldn't get to them.


King of Talingarde

Xanos and Kalina, don't forget your stealth rolls. Gwyn, remember the shiv has an additional +2 to hide it on yourself (which is it?). And are you leaving Grumblejack behind or bringing him to the armory with you?


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Mind if I say dagger 1? I hadn't really thought about it beyond Dagger 3 is the one Jakes dropped. My vote on Grumbles is leave him where he is for right now and bring him anything he wants out of there.


King of Talingarde

I don't know how much this idea would appeal to you, but what I do on a rogue I have is name them based on how I found them. For example, we were shipwrecked, and I found it while searching the wreckage, so I named it Shipwreck. Another was a sacrificial knife used by an evil priest, so I named it after a shortened version of his name (Teo). A third we found after a black pudding, I called it Pudding. Was funny when I started calling them by names in character.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

I tend to save the names for masterwork and magic stuff, but I think this might work for now.
Dagger 1 => Lady's Shiv (the shank made from a comb)
Dagger 2 => Hollow (the poisoner's knife)
Dagger 3 & the one's she currently wielding => The Twins (daggers from teh veil)
Sound good?


Kalina's player may not be here to address this, but i'm uncomfortable not keeping one dagger for her. I realize she discarded it, but I'm not convinced she did it knowing all the facts. Kalina's player (the_infedel) has mentioned before that they're still getting acquainted with the Pathfinder rules, so I'm concerned that she threw away the dagger without knowing that the penalties for two-weapon fighting with two one-handed weapons would be worse for her ability to hit.

That in mind, Gwyn, you mind letting her hold onto the dagger she had before (unless we hear otherwise from the_infedel)?

Not finding any false walls or anything in the armory (correct me if i'm mistaken here, DM), Cain heads back towards the hallway. He sets his shield on the ground, taking a moment to decide between the glaive and the greatsword. Visions of the great blade cleaving screaming guards in half in explosions of warm blood dance before his eyes. With a sigh, he shakes away the wonderful visions, practicality dictating that he leave the unwieldy blade behind. The glaive is the strategic choice, anyway., he thinks as he picks it up, heading out into the hallway.

Being careful not to bang the long weapon on anything, he steps up next to Price, giving her his usual feral grin as he hefts the glaive a bit. "Betcha mine's longer than yours."

Xanos wrote:
""Break the lock." He says to Cain.

Cain regards the door for a second before nodding, "Good idea." He looks around for a second, then his eyes flash between the mess hall and Gwyn. Decision apparently made, he grabs a heavy cutting knife from the mess hall, cuts a long strip of heavy cloth from one of the dead guards cloaks, then borrows Gwyn's lock picks (or her keys if its known that one of them is the armory key).

He gives everyone one last opportunity to grab anything else they need from the armory before closing the door quietly, then resets the lock -- after which he hands the picks/keys back to Gwyn. Finally, he turns back to the door, taking his helmet off and wrapping the strip of heavy cloth multiple times around the hilt of the heavy blade. He then kneels down, yellow eyes level with the lock, and carefully inserts the point of the blade into the small key-hole, specifically targeting the inner-locking-mechanism. Holding it in place with one hand, he gives it three sharp whacks with the helmet, the sound effectiely muffled by the cloth. Then, with a grunt, he snaps the last inch of the blade off in the key-hole.

Disable Device (to jam the lock - including the bonus from the lock pick) 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20.
Stealth (to do it quietly) 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23.

Apparently satisfied, he steps back, testing the door. Happy with his work, he appraises the damage to the helmet, gives the crew a crooked smile and a shrug, and claps the helmet rakishly atop his dark, greasy hair.

"Killing guards. Riggin' locks. Completing dashing outfits." He gives the wide and only slightly dented helmet a whimsical thump on the rim, "This hat may be the best find we've come across all day."

Job done, he retrieves his glaive, looking over at Xanos, then Price, Gwyn, and finally Kalina -- all geared up and ready for some violence. "Is it just me, Xanos, or is there something especially sexy about women all bloodied up and ready for some killin'? What say we go have a chat with Blackerly?"


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7
Cain wrote:
Being careful not to bang the long weapon on anything, he steps up next to Price, giving her his usual feral grin as he hefts the glaive a bit. "Betcha mine's longer than yours."

Price returns a warm smile, "I love it when you talk dirty, Cain. Now, let's see if we can find some guards for you to f@$< with that over-sized phallus."

Let's hit Blackerly's office followed by his bedroom. Let's be careful of the bedroom - there could be exterior windows and we don't want to alert any guards walking around outside.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos lifts an eyebrow ever so slightly at Cain's words and looks each of the women up and down in turn. His gaze seems clinical rather than lustful. "Their comeliness may be of value in our escape."


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

It's Price's turn to raise an eyebrow at Xanos' clinical assessment, which she doesn't seem to mind in the least. "You are a silver-tongued charmer, Xanos. Snare a lot of ladies with that line?"


King of Talingarde

Perception DC 12:

There's a sound outside the doorway to the north. Someone's about to come in! If you made the perception check, you can take 1 surprise action before they come in.

Diceman:

Kalina1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 = 18
Kalina1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 1 = 21
Xanos1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 0 + 1 = 7
Xanos1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 0 + 1 = 21

1d20 + 2 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 5 - 4 = -3
1d20 + 2 - 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 5 - 4 = 10
1d20 + 1 + 5 + 4 - 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 5 + 4 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 10


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"I have never needed to."


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Inish: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Are we still in the armory?

Gwyn's eyes go wide and stands still for a moment before moving as silently as she can to hide close to the door on the side opposite of the hinges.


King of Talingarde

At this point you are in the hallway, the door having been jammed.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Okay so they are coming in from outside.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Do we have a map view of our positions?


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

1d20 ⇒ 20


King of Talingarde

Sorry, kinda been on/off napping, fully awake now (well, mostly). The map below is the same as before. I placed you all in a group outside the door, go ahead and place yourselves were you believe you would be (you can place Kalina as well). Need perception checks from Cain and Price, then surprise round actions. Looks like you're planning though in OOC, just giving you this info, no rush.

Map


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos hisses at the sounds of footsteps. "Incoming."

Thinking quickly he reaches behind him to grab Cain's hands and use them to lift his own arms up behind his back, as if Cain was putting him into an arm bar.

"Push me to the wall!"


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Seeing Xanos' act, she decided to alter course and make for the door and open it. on the way there she puts an expression of terror on her face. Unfortunately, she can't get the gleam out of her eye.

Move to the door and put my hand on it.
Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 for when the guards open it. Hoping for -2 to sense motive on them.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

We can bump it with some Aid Another actions and hopefully some circumstance bonuses for being plausible (and disguised).

aid another (for Gwyn's bluff): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

(Since my actions were basically non-actions)


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price stands further down the hall turned away and staring at Grumblejack out of sight in the other room. As soon as the guards' enter the building, she plans on claiming there's another prisoner loose in the far room and she needs help, to draw the guards in quickly.

I was going to try to get out of sight but I don't have the move to do it. Kalina looks more like a guard than Price does, so hopefully with her back turned on the real guards, she can pass as one better.


Sorry for the holdup, yesterday got away from me.

Xanos wrote:

Thinking quickly he reaches behind him to grab Cain's hands and use them to lift his own arms up behind his back, as if Cain was putting him into an arm bar.

"Push me to the wall!"

Perception DC 12 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12.

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5.

Cain reacts instantly, dropping his glaive, grabbing the tall man, and slamming him into the wall. Gotta give it to the man, Cain thinks as Xanos rebounds hard off the stone wall, he's got some grit.

Cain summons what little acting skills he has, trying to play the part of a guard barely in control of a situation against a man he is clearly afraid of, ".. and you'll be keepin' those curse-spittin' lips closed, if you know what's good for you! And what'd you do with Wendell?!"

Bluff 1d20 ⇒ 19.


I modified the position of Xanos and Cain on the map, based off the narrative. :)


King of Talingarde

The front door to the prison opens and in comes two guards, weapons and shields drawn, apparently expecting some form of trouble. Quickly taking in the sight before them, one quickly rushes to assist Cain while the other moves forward to help Price. "What happened?" The on assisting Cain asks as they come forward.

The guards did not succeed, both are surprised. You can each take a surprise action. If you wanted to do it while they moved in, go ahead and move 'em back, they pretty much went straight forward.

Inish Order
Gwyndolin
Guards
Grumblejack
Cain
Xanos
Kalina
Price

Map

Dice:

1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 5 = 15
If you're reading this, it was close. It took both Xano's and Cain's AAs to make it.

Price 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Xanos 1d20 ⇒ 10
Gwyndolin 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Cain 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Kalina 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Guards 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Grumblejack 1d20 ⇒ 16


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price continues the ruse, hoping to draw the guards in further. She pitches her voice low, grumbly, and as masculine she can while she faces off with her non-existent opponent in the doorway. She angles forward, as if she is about to rush him.

"Bastard cut up Irena! Drop that pig-sticker, boy, or we're gonna bust you up."

Bluff 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 ... Gwyn is not on her A game today.

Gwyn, perhaps being overly dramatic, perhaps just not knowing how to act convincingly, or perhaps having an off day, begins to bawl, unconvincingly, although she does manage to get the waterworks going. She clutches the dagger to her chest like a scared woman who didn't properly know how to use it would. Maybe the grip being wrong made her feel uncomfortable and squirm too much.

"Please! Don't let him kill me! He said he'd feed my--my soul to devils!"


Round 2

Bluff 1d20 ⇒ 1.

Cain attempts to keep up the ruse, but can't help giving the guard next to him a quick look. Too late he realizes the man may recognize him, or maybe the man will recognize the predatory look in Cain's eyes. Quickly he tries to rip his eyes from the man with a clumsy attempt at salvaging the situation. "One of you go check on Wendell. He was on guard. And where's the Sargent?" Seeing an opportunity, Cain grabs Xanos's sword and pulls it free -- presumably a captor disarming his captive. Blade in hand, Cain watches the guard for any hostile actions.

Ready an attack in case it seems the ruse has failed (or the man tries to attack)
Longsword (two-handed) 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 15; Favored enemy, power attack.
---> Damage 1d8 + 6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 3 + 2 = 14.

I factored in favored enemy assuming the man is human. If he's not, remove 2 from attack and damage.

Status:
HP 13/13
AC 18 T14 FF 14
CMD 19 FF 15
F/R/W +2/+7/+3
Effects/Conditions None


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

as a note, once a roll has been made you dint need to re-roll unless something significant changes about the situation. If you decide to roll over and over again you're practically guaranteed to fail. If you roll low initially you just take your licks.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Oops, I thought that the first roll was for when the guards open the door and the second was for the surprise round, didn't realize they were the same thing. :/


King of Talingarde

The one guard moves up next to Price, prepared to charge ahead to whatever threat they faced, while the other moves to help subdue Xanos. As he comes up, a sudden realization dawns on him and he turns back to stare at Gwyn. "Wait, if Irena is dead than who's that?" A moment too late he realizes something is wrong, as Cain attempts to strike him down, barely deflecting the blow with his shield.

Cain has taken his surprise action, everyone else may take one. Tehn initiative. FYI, each guard does have a horn on him.

Inish Order
Gwyndolin
Guards
Grumblejack
Cain
Xanos
Kalina
Price


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price whips around towards the guardsman, driving the mace with both hands towards his face.

She calls out to the ogre. "'Jack, come get a piece of this!"

It looks to me like Jack may be able to take a 5' step and be in striking range of the guard. I'm hoping he can do that for his surprise round action.

Laughing Demon (2-Handed) (20/x2)
HIT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
DAM: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Status:
HP: 11 / 11
1st Spells (3): xxx
Daylight (1): x
Judgment (1): x
Effects: None

Hmmm... this mace may be cursed. :)


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Gwyn's first order of business is to draw another dagger. It's not quite what she's used to, but it's close enough. She then moves to get behind the guard and flank him with Xanos.

Sorry if I'm jumping the gun here, but I wanted to go ahead and get my round 1 action up as well so we don't have to wait. (that and I wanted to see how our dual-wielding rogue would do.)
Surprise round: Draw dagger.
Round 1: Move to flank the guard, avoiding AoO's
Twin dagger sneak attack:
Attack 1: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 5
Attack 2: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 23
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 9 no crit for the sneaky rogue.
Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) + (5) - 1 = 6
Now might be a good time to bring Grumbles out.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos maintains threatening closeness but waits, considering the right moment.

ready action Daze on the first one to try to blow a horn


Male Devil-blooded Ogre

I'll go ahead and post for Kalina to keep things moving while she's away.

The guard dodges the blow from Cain as Price unleashes an attack against the guard near her, both not quite connecting. Gwyn draws another dagger in preparation to strike while Xanos readies a spell. Grumblejack the ogre steps forward and unleashes an attack against the guard near Price, but doesn't manage to strike him with the doorway blocking his aim. Kalina moves up and strikes as well against the northern guard, dealing a viscious blow.

As the new round begins, Gwyn, has moved up to flank with Xanos against the guard injured by Kalina, finishing the job before he's able to let off a warning. Unfortunately the other guard manages to pull his horn free. Xanos unleashes his spell against the guard, who resist's it's effects. Grumblejack attempts to follow through with an attack as the guard opens himself up, but cannot seem to strike through the doorway. All that is left is Price to stop him from blowing the horn.

Price gets an AoO against the guard blowing the horn. Then initiative as listed below.

Inish Order
Gwyndolin
Xanos (moved d/t readied action)
Guards
Grumblejack
Cain
Kalina
Price

Map

Dice:

GJ 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
K 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
K Dam1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
G Will1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
GJ AoO1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

351 to 400 of 2,573 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.