Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment

Game Master Xzaral

Way of the Wicked by Fire Mountain Games

Roll20

Battlemat


1,551 to 1,600 of 2,573 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Mark, how close are our boats to one another? Will there be an opportunity to bring them close together when we encounter the patrol boat?

What I'm debating here guys, is casting Bless over as many of us and our smuggler allies if/when things get 'lively'.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Mark:
Once the ship is within 30 feet, Xanos will cast Summon Monster 2 as subtley as possible (preferably behind something where they can't see his movements).

He's summoning a small earth elemental in the water under the boat.

It's going to use it's Burrow ability to rip 20' paths through the hull for three rounds.


Price: Mass buffing is good. Anything to make me hit the opponent more often. :)

The pale-skinned, blond-haired Cain lazily picks up an idle oar in a half-assed attempt at seeming like he's part of the ship's sailing efforts, though his eyes never leave the approaching patrol ship.

As he watches the patrol's sail get larger and larger, a thouhgt occurs to Cain. He carefully navigates the bulky supply crates and barrels to where he commonly leaves his backpack when hes not wearing it. He bends down and fishes fishes out an Alchemist's Fire grenade, testing its weight mentally against the aerodynamic needs of an arrow in flight.

Xzaral, you have any problem with Cain affixing an Alchemist Fire to an arrow or two? If your'e fine with it, would the alchemist fire affect the arrow's flight? Would it affect the weapon's range increment or attack roll or anything?

Also, do we have any liquid accelerants on board? :D


King of Talingarde

The boats are usually about 100' apart from each other, depending on the weather.

Xanos:
To do that, I'll need a stealth check for you to hide and cast the spell. You can add a +4 bonus for cover, and I'll figure out distance penalty on their perception rolls.

Cain:
You can do that but the weight is going to add a -2 penalty to the shot since it wasn't designed for that.


Cool.

Confident that the arrow will still be useable, Cain rips a strip of cloth from a nearby sack, wrapping and tying it off so the Alchemist's fire is affixed to one of his arrows. He carefully checks to make sure it's secure before loading it back into his quiver.

Standing back up, he carefully makes his way back to his original spot at the rail, once again taking up the oar.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

stealth: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 4 = 18


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"Captain, do not run. Make to comply. Order your other ship closer. Side by side if possible."


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price lays her bow next to her feet, leaning against the gunn'ls. She maintains a patrician look, slightly above all the riff-raff working the ship, as if she was forced to take this second rate mode of transport.


HP: 38/38 AC 22/14/18: F+6, R +4, W+1*, Per:0, Init: +11

Jakes shrugs and shoulders deeper into her traveler's cloak, hands coming to rest of the grips of her weapons. She casually slides back along the port side railing, and assumes a position in which she can support Cain and Price and readies for action.


King of Talingarde

So maps of boats hate me apparently. I apologize for the crude battlemat this time around.

As the ship approaches, it maneuvars around the two longships. It quickly becomes apparent that Kargeld's attempt to place it between the two will not work without giving away his intentions, so instead orders them to slow.

As the boat becomes within shouting distance, a voice can be heard to shout. "Heave to in the name of the King!"

Kargeld signals both ships to slow and prepare to meet the coming group. "I hope you all know what you're doing." He mutters to no one in particular as the boat pulls up, it's name the Blade of St. Martius.

As the ships near, Xanos attempts to maintain stealth and summon forth a creature of the elemental planes, a being of earth. As the ship pulls close, he begins to call out. "Prepare to have your vessel ins...WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" He's interrupted as the boat suddenly begins to vibrate, a sound coming from below.

I'm not calling for initiative quite yet, depending on how it plays out.

Dice:

1d20 ⇒ 13
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


HP: 38/38 AC 22/14/18: F+6, R +4, W+1*, Per:0, Init: +11

I assume the sailors are at their oars?

Jakes watches as the Talingarde ship cannily circles round the two smuggling boats. She hears the exclaimation of the Talingarde captain.

Turning to the boat's master, she shouts, "Nudge us closer! We're useless over here."


King of Talingarde

He turns to Kalina, giving her a dirty look before commanding the rowers. "Quickly, while they're distracted. Go now!"


Cain can't seem to take his eyes off the commotion on the Talingarde ship. "What's happenin' over there?" His fingers itch to draw his bow, but caution wins out, and he continues to sit at the rail, holding the oar.

After a few seconds, he looks around at the crowded deck, "Dammit. No way to get a decent running start if we have to get to another ship." He looks at the nearest smuggler, "There any kind of plank we can run out or way of getting from this boat to another? Ya know, 'cept for swimmin'?"


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Gwyn hears the shouts, but caution overrides her curiosity. She remains hidden behind the crates, trying to keep her heart for pounding out of her chest.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos continues to sit on his crate, the barest hint of a smile on his lips, saying nothing.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Fargo stops chanting and for a few seconds, Teon is revealed to any sailors who may be looking. Then Teon activates the circlet and apears just as Fargo had before. For the time being, he remains behind the crates and out of view of the


King of Talingarde
Cain... wrote:

Cain can't seem to take his eyes off the commotion on the Talingarde ship. "What's happenin' over there?" His fingers itch to draw his bow, but caution wins out, and he continues to sit at the rail, holding the oar.

After a few seconds, he looks around at the crowded deck, "Dammit. No way to get a decent running start if we have to get to another ship." He looks at the nearest smuggler, "There any kind of plank we can run out or way of getting from this boat to another? Ya know, 'cept for swimmin'?"

"A plank? And where would we put it? You wanna board, it's rope and grapples."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the commotion breaks out, several of the Talirean seamen head below deck, meanwhile the Captain calls out to Captain Kargeld. "Do you see anything in the water below? Seems we may be under attack."

As he speaks, he looks up to notice the other boat beginning to move around. A look of panic overtakes him. "AMBUSH! Men, to arms!" As he calls out, the sailors seem to prepare to take formation.

Alot of this combat will be in abstracts. Four of the Talirean soldiers will have headed down below, leaving 8 men up top as well as their captain. Odenkirk and his men will be busy handling the boats mostly, so the fight will largely be up to you. Outside of unexpected circumstances that is.

Round 1
Kalina
Cain
Shulme
Price
Xanos
Talireans
Gwyndolin
Teon
Odenkirk

Dice:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Cain 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Gwyndolin 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Kalina 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Price 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Shulme 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Teon 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Xanos 1d20 ⇒ 14
Talireans1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Odenkirk and men 1d20 ⇒ 5


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos sighs at the foolishness of the other ship. They had moved too soon.

Idiots.

Glancing around at the waters, he quickly did a number of calculations in his head and stood.


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Shulme works a spell as he waits for the vessels to close distance.

Divine Favor. Also, it doesn't make a difference with these rolls, but note that Shulme's init is now +8


Cain reacts instantaneously to the other captain's cry.

THWIP. THWIP.

In a heartbeat, his bow is in hand--two arrows streaking towards the nearest opposing archer before most can react.

FREE: Quickdraw
FULL: Rapid Shot, targeting the nearest opposing archer (who's hopefully flat-footed).

rolls:
Longbow 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 2 = 21; rapid shot
---> damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
.
Longbow 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 2 = 11; rapid shot
---> damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Status:
HP 30/30
AC 18 T 14 FF 14
CMD 21 FF 17
F/R/W +3/+7/+4
Effects/Conditions


HP: 38/38 AC 22/14/18: F+6, R +4, W+1*, Per:0, Init: +11

Has the northern ship moved any closer than 25 feet? If it seems jump-able Jakes will take that attempt. Otherwise she'll take a rope and grapple from the crew and cast it to form a line...is that a strength check? Dex?


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price looks at the long gap of water between the vessels and growls at the commander of their boat, "Get us in closer. We can't do much from here." She pulls her bow and fires at the Captain of the patrol craft.

~ Round 1 ~
MOVE: Grab bow
STAND: Fire

Rolls:
STAND: Longbow (crit: 20/3x)
HIT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
DAM: 1d8 ⇒ 4
AMMO: 37

Status:
HP: 24 / 24
1st Spells (5): xxxxx
Daylight (1): x
Judgment (1): x
Effects: None


King of Talingarde

Throwing a grapple is a ranged attack roll against the boat's touch AC.

The Talireans reutrn fire even while their captain takes an arrow and goes prone onto the ship's deck. A volley of arrows are fired, only two scoring a hit, one on price (2 damage) and one of Odenkirk's men deeply in his shoulder near his throat (Crit for 7).

Round 1
Kalina
Cain (Fires at captain, hit once)
Shulme (Casts Divine Favor)
Price (Fires at captain, miss)
Xanos
Talireans (Captain, falls prone, total cover. Archers fire, two at Cain, two at Price, 3 at 3 different of Odenkirk's men, 1 at Odenkirk)
Gwyndolin
Teon
Odenkirk

Boats have been moved.

Dice:

TvP 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16; 1d6 ⇒ 2
TvP 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7; 1d6 ⇒ 1
TvC 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12; 1d6 ⇒ 3
TvC 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10; 1d6 ⇒ 6
TvOM 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20; 1d6 ⇒ 2
TvOM 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4; 1d6 ⇒ 3
TvOM 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6; 1d6 ⇒ 4
TvOd 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16; 1d6 ⇒ 5
TvOM CC 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17; 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
??? 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Did Cain's attacks hit? Or are you waiting to adjudicate them?

EDIT: Also, we're 10 feet away from the other ship. Do we have the ability to get a running start on our ship to try a jump? And what is the general DC to jump from one ship to the next (considering the 10 foot gap)?


King of Talingarde

Okay, odd. Part of my post disappeared on me. Yes, you hit once, which is why the captain ducked down.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Hey, Cain, check the Round 1 ooc text above - it says you hit.

EDIT - Mark, I'm still seeing the hit/miss stuff.


King of Talingarde

I usually include descriptive text too. An entire paragraph of, 'the captain dodges Price's arrow, only to be hit by Cain's' type stuff. It's not a big deal, the mechanics are there. But annoying. I kept editing so must've edited it out. My fault. Time to go beat myself up by going to work, lol.


Nope. I totally just missed it.

I completely forgot to consider Favored enemy. If the captain's human, can you add 2 to the damage? Also, are the sailors human?


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Round 1

Gwyn continues to hide behind the crates, praying to whoever's listening that they'll board instead of trying to sink the boat. Her knives whisper out of their sheathes and into her hands.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 to draw her knives without make a sound or letting any light flash off of them.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

The intercepting ship has drawn up far enough now that he could see it, and the soldiers lining the rails with their bows. Tapping into the magic, he armors himself more firmly mage armor then draws his crossbow.

Status:

HP: 25 / 25 THP: 21
AC 21 T 11 FF 20
CMD 17 FF 16
F/R/W +3/+3/+4
1st Spells (4): xxx
Summon Monster II (7): xxxxxxx
Effects: Eidelon, Mage armor


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos stares impassively as the arrows start to fly.

Not doing anything this round, so I guess I'm Readying or Refocusing. Waiting for the rest of them to come up from below and staying behind the cover of the crates.


HP: 38/38 AC 22/14/18: F+6, R +4, W+1*, Per:0, Init: +11

Jakes grabs a grapple from a nearby sailor and sends the hook sailing across the gap, attempting to catch it on the Blade of St. Macarius.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

EDIT:braincramp on syntax


King of Talingarde

Kalina manages to get a grapple onto the far boat, as Gwyn prepares her knives and Teon summons an invisible suit of armor to protect him.

Round 1
Kalina (Grapples boat)
Cain (Fires at captain, hit once)
Shulme (Casts Divine Favor)
Price (Fires at captain, miss)
Xanos (Delay)
Talireans (Captain, falls prone, total cover. Archers fire, two at Cain, two at Price, 3 at 3 different of Odenkirk's men, 1 at Odenkirk)
Gwyndolin (Quietly draws knives)
Teon (Mage armor)
Odenkirk (Keeps boats stable)

Round 2
Kalina
Cain
Shulme
Price
Xanos (Delaying)
Talireans
Gwyndolin
Teon
Odenkirk


As the Stormrider makes the turn around the prow of the opposing vessel, Cain ignores the incoming volley, looking for the most tactical targets as he fires off two more arrows.

Noticing Jakes readying for some kind of boarding action in his periphery, Cain aims his first arrow at the archer in the bow of their ship, hoping to reduce the number of arrows coming their way. Regardless of its success, Cain switches tactics for the second arrow. He draws out the improvised Alchemist Fire arrow, lining up a shot far over the heads of the opposing archers--targetting the high point on the mast where the mainsail is attached. He lets loose, hoping the alchemical fire will set the sail ablaze to force the opposing archers to choose between saving their ship or continuing their arrow volleys.

Split the prey by any means, he thinks as the arrow is loosed.

Round 2
FULL: Rapid Shot
1st arrow: targeting the archer in the foremost spot in the bow of the ship
2nd arrow: Fire his improvised Alchemist Fire arrow at the highest point on the mast where the mainsail attaches (the goal is to use the mast to explode the alchemical fire, spreading the flames onto the sail itself)

rolls:
Attack on the archer in the bow of the ship • 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 10; rapid shot
---> Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
.
Alchemist Fire Arrow - targetting the point on the mast where the sail connects
Attack 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 2 - 2 = 18; rapid shot, improvised penalty

---> Arrow Damage (agains the mast itself) 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
---> Alchemist Fire Damage 1d6 ⇒ 2 (fire damage) w/ additional damage on second round.

Status:
HP 30/30
AC 18 T 14 FF 14
CMD 21 FF 17
F/R/W +3/+7/+4
Effects/Conditions


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price follows Cain's lead, targeting the closest archer and letting an arrow fly. She looks at the grappling hook that already links the ships. "Pilot! Any chance you can bring us alongside the patrol boat? It'd be better if we cross en masse."

STAND: Fire
MOVE: Duck down

Rolls:
STAND: Longbow (crit: 20/3x)
HIT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
DAM: 1d8 ⇒ 3
AMMO: 36

Status:
HP: 22 / 24
1st Spells (5): xxxxx
Daylight (1): x
Judgment (1): x
Effects: None


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Shulme readies his spear and moves across the boat, taking up a position on the side facing the enemy.

Move + ready attack upon the first foe to come within reach (which is 10ft).
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Readied attack
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Damage


King of Talingarde

As Kalina pulls the boat in, Cain lets loose two arrows, one lighting the Talirean ship aflame. His other drops one of the soldiers who falls to the deck, clutching the arrow sprouted in his chest. Price lets her own arrow fly, striking another man in the shoulder. Shulme himself impales a soldier upon his spear as the boats collide.

The Talireans send two arrows flying at Kalina while a third pulls out his dagger and starts cutting the rope attaching the two ships together.

Two other archers fire at some of Odenkirks men, who manage to avoid getting hit. Another shoots at Shulme and manages to strike him across his (4 damage).

The captain pulls a dagger as he stands and flings it at one of the rowers, but only manages to sink it deeply into one of the crates.

Odenkirk's men, the boats so close, pull out boarding hooks and hood the Blade, asssiting you all to board if you so choose.

You all are up again.

Round 2
Kalina (Pulls boats together)
Cain (Attacks Bow archer, kills. Lights mast on fire)
Shulme (Attacks man on boat, kills)
Price (Attacks man on boat, wounds)
Xanos (Delaying)
Talireans
Gwyndolin
Teon
Odenkirk

Dice:

TvK 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16; 1d6 ⇒ 5
TvK 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16; 1d6 ⇒ 5
TvR 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19; 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
TvOKM 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3; 1d6 ⇒ 6
TvOKM 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10; 1d6 ⇒ 1
TvSh 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18; 1d6 ⇒ 4
CESvOKM 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Shulme rounds on the next Talirean sailor, but the spear sticks on something in the body of the first. By the time the sorcerer wrenches the point free, the Talirean has had plenty of warning to dodge.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Power Attack (guessing this misses)
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 Damage


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Gwyn tries not to panic and waits for the ships to close fro behind her crate.

Delay


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Note: due to the fact that the Fargo token is disappearing when I place it on the good guy ship, the part of Teon will be played by a blank circle

With the grown of wood on wood, the hulls of the two ships scrape together and Teon moves, lining himself up with the gap in the enemy archers leaping the rails of both ship And maybe provoking an attack of opportunity, not sure The bite he unleashes at the archer to the right seems even more brutal than the other are accustomed to seeing.

Bite, Power Attack, Arcane Strike 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 1 + 1 = 23 Damage 1d6 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 8

I am operating under the assumption that bless is in effect, if I am wrong, -1 attack

Status:

HP: 25 / 25 THP: 21
AC 21 T 11 FF 20
CMD 17 FF 16
F/R/W +3/+3/+4
1st Spells (4): xxx
Summon Monster II (7): xxxxxxx
Effects: Eidelon, Mage armor


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos watched for a moment, mentally commanding the creature he had summoned to continue ripping apart the hull of the ship. Then, without moving from his place of apparent leisure where he sat on his large trunk, he opened his spellbook, holding it with a nearly invisible outline of a hand which floated in front of the stump of his left wrist, and flipped pages with his good hand.

Finding the page he wanted he placed his hand on it, whispered and blew away the ash and dust that the page disintegrated into.

A massive wave of flames surged out of the fire lit by Cain's alchemical arrow. Xanos raised his hand and shaped it with his mind, rolling it into a large burning sphere more than five feet across. It rolled in a short arc lighting ropes and wood aflame before coming to rest inside the stairwell that led below decks.

Using scroll of Flaming Sphere. It specifically says it ignites flammable materials that it touches. (Take a look at the "By the way".) Ill touch as much of the ship as I can with 30' of movement before coming to rest inside the stairwell to block the way below.


Cain's relentless ranged assault continues. Two more arrows streak across the chasm between the ships, seeking Talirean blood.

Round 3
FULL: Rapid Shot. Target the Talirean trying to cut our rope with a dagger. If Cain drops the man with the first arrow, send the second arrow at the archer closest to the bow of their ship (it looks like he's taken a few points of damage already?).

rolls:
Rolls include mods for Rapid Shot and FAvored Enemy (Human).
.
Longbow 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 23
---> Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7
.
Longbow 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 17
---> Damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

Status:
HP 30/30
AC 18 T 14 FF 14
CMD 21 FF 17
F/R/W +3/+7/+4
Effects/Conditions


King of Talingarde

Sorry for brevity, will do RP post of actions later. NEEDZ MOAR TYME!!

Round 2
Kalina (Pulls boats together)
Cain (Attacks Bow archer, kills. Lights mast on fire)
Shulme (Attacks man on boat, kills)
Price (Attacks man on boat, wounds)
Xanos (Delaying)
Talireans (Return fire)
Gwyndolin
Teon
Odenkirk

Round 3
Kalina
Cain (Attack and hit, kill. 2nd attack hit and wound)
Shulme (Attack and miss)
Price
Xanos (Cast Flaming Sphere on the Blade)
Talireans
Gwyndolin
Teon (Attack Sailor, hit and kill)
Odenkirk


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Gwyn's in delay. I'm trying not to mess up the Archer mojo going one.
Speaking of which. Gwyn is Buying a bow at first opportunity.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Removed dead sailor


HP: 38/38 AC 22/14/18: F+6, R +4, W+1*, Per:0, Init: +11

Jakes laughes as the flames climb up the mast of the Talingarde ship.

"Not gonna miss out on all the fun!" With the boat secured via rope line to the Talingarde ship, she heaves herself over the rail and attempts to clamber aboard the enemy vessel.

Climb check?
Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Okay Coming out of delay.

Gwyn chances a peek over the crates as the battle continues.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Perception (Are the sailors focusing on them or on other boat): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


King of Talingarde

The boats secured together, the boarding begins. Teon and Kalina manage to make it to the other boat, the Talireans preparing to meet them head on. Cain manages to drop one and wound another as they board. One of the Talireans looks ready to cut a line, but thinks twice as he is nearly impaled by Shulme. Gwyndolin peers over the crates, attempting to ascertain the flow of battle. And through it all, a sphere of flame appears on deck, it's touch setting aflame the Blade.

Gwyn, the Talireans seem to be focused on the two people who have boarded at this point.

Price is up.

Round 2
Kalina (Pulls boats together)
Cain (Attacks Bow archer, kills. Lights mast on fire)
Shulme (Attacks man on boat, kills)
Price (Attacks man on boat, wounds)
Xanos (Delaying)
Talireans (Return fire)
Gwyndolin (Peers over crates)
Teon (Attack Sailor, hit and kill)
Odenkirk

Round 3
Kalina (Boards other ship)
Cain (Attack and hit, kill. 2nd attack hit and wound)
Shulme (Attack and miss)
Price
Xanos (Cast Flaming Sphere on the Blade)
Talireans
Gwyndolin
Teon
Odenkirk


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price looks to her long-time ally. "Cain, I'm boarding. Cover me or follow." She drops the bow, "I'm all but useless with this thing."

The Inquisitor follows Kalina across, fairly certain that her billowing skirt is giving the pirates on her boat a good show as she half rope-climbs and half monkeys aboard the other vessel.

FREE: Drop Bow
MOVE: Go to Kalina's Rope
MOVE: Board the Scurvy Law Dogs!

Rolls:
Climb (Rope Assist): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Status:
HP: 22 / 24
1st Spells (5): xxxxx
Daylight (1): x
Judgment (1): x
Effects: None


King of Talingarde

Price follows by Kalina, the rope the only thing preventing her from falling into the cold waters.

The Talireans, not content to sit idly by, focus first on stopping the boarding of their ship. A large group focuses upon Teon, hoping to drop him quickly before moving on. One sailor manages to sink a spear into Teon's shoulder (9 damage) while the captain gives him a viscious strike into the side of his abdomen (10 damage).

Meanwhile another soldier moves to engage Kalina even as Price comes up, taking a defensive stance and hoping to hold the two off as they come (fighting defensively, miss).

As this happens, two of the Talireans come up from below, only to be faced by a ball of fire. "A monster is ripping the boat to shreds! Jigs and Tavor got sucked under WHAT IN THE?!" Seeing the ball of flame, they pull back, caught between two dangerous choices.

Round 3
Kalina (Boards other ship)
Cain (Attack and hit, kill. 2nd attack hit and wound)
Shulme (Attack and miss)
Price (Board ship)
Xanos (Cast Flaming Sphere on the Blade)
Talireans (See above)
Gwyndolin
Teon
Odenkirk

Dice:

TvTeon 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5; 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
TvTeon 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18; 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
TvTeon 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14; 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
CapvTeon 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 2 = 21; 1d8 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 4 = 10
TvKal 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 = 7; 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

1,551 to 1,600 of 2,573 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.