Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment

Game Master Xzaral

Way of the Wicked by Fire Mountain Games

Roll20

Battlemat


1,401 to 1,450 of 2,573 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon draws his hand from behind his back and begins to talk while working the jaw of the severed head.


M Head Head 2 neck 2

Yes, I have been saved young squire. You will find deliverance if you abandon the false worship of Iomedae and forswear her forever. What say you?


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3
Timeon wrote:

An expression of pure hope comes across Timeon's face, the most life you have seen him to date. "That's, that's wonderful. Is he okay? Please, take me to him! Thank you so much, thank you."

I just had an expression of This(Link to TvTropes)

Dude! Careful with that!

As Gwyn is stomping in to the room she suddenly has an epiphany.

Wait, why am I looking for a ruby pendant, he wanted the sapphire.

She's about to say something to the group when she sees Teon pull his trick...

and nearly loses her breakfast.

"Th-that's disgusting!" *urk*

She clamps a hand over her mouth to keep from seeing what a digested waffle looks like.


Male Human Squire

For a moment, Timeon stares and attempts to discern what he says. As his eyes begin to focus on the unseeing eyes of Sir Eldon, a sudden rage overtakes the young squire, leaping at the form of Teon. "DIE, ASMODEAN SCUM AND BURN IN THE PITS OF THE ABYSS!!"

Reckless Abandon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

His grapple attempt does provoke.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Trip 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Looking down at the prone squire I am assuming that did it Teon dismisses his disguise. Are you saying that you would like to find a place on my other hand? His voice is low, and filled with malice. Because if you want to join your precious knight, I can arrange it


Male Human Squire

"Better to die in Iomedae's service." The squire puts on a brave face, but he does not rise from the floor.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Are you sure about that. My companions and I were all taken by your Ioedeans, and were provided with aid and escaped. Sir Eldon was captured and is now nothing more than a crude joke. What makes you think your Iomedea can save you in death if she can not save you in life?


M Head Head 2 neck 2

Hail Asmodeas, lord of people with bodies, protector of those without a stick up their bum


Male Human Squire

"You monster...." Timeon's resolve shows signs of faltering, and if pressed will break into tears. His spirit appears broken.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Gwyn looks back up at "You monster..." but is a little surprised to see that where a wizened man stood is now a hulking beast of a red-skin man.

Jitters has a point. You do look like a monster.

Gwyn then turns her eyes to Timeon,

"But he's not the only monster in the room. Tell me, did you hear of a thief, the only child of a minor noble house, who was sentenced to Banderscar?"

I'm going to try to demoralize him, iirc, that takes a minute of talking and an intimidate check. Hopefully this will be as good as it is in my head.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7
Timeon wrote:
"DIE, ASMODEAN SCUM AND BURN IN THE PITS OF THE ABYSS!!"

Price leans against a wall, her tone mild. "If you're going to suffer and die in the service of the notoriously inflexible Iomedae, you really need to sharpen your knowledge of Cosmology. Asmodeans go to Hell, not the Abyss."


Male Human Squire
Gwyndolin Maulsen wrote:
"But he's not the only monster in the room. Tell me, did you hear of a thief, the only child of a minor noble house, who was sentenced to Banderscar?"

"O-of course I do...."

Price wrote:
Price leans against a wall, her tone mild. "If you're going to suffer and die in the service of the notoriously inflexible Iomedae, you really need to sharpen your knowledge of Cosmology. Asmodeans go to Hell, not the Abyss."

"I, I don't care w-what hole y-you crawl into."


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

It is time to make your choice now. Do you choose to grace my right hand. Or do you choose life. If you choose life, this nice lady Teon gestures at Price will tell you what you need to do. We do have a scheduled to keep, so choose quickly. Teon thrusts the head toward the prone squire.


M Head Head 2 neck 2

You must join me. You have no idead of the power I now wield. I am Sir Eldon, devourer of noses. You my faithful squire shall be Ankle Biter. We can even make out. Come be with me forever squire. Reject these nice people and choose death.


Cain's yellow eyes flit back and forth, watching the exchange. "Not sure I've ever seen one of ours try to talk an Iomedaen out of dying before."


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

"I believe we have some time yet."

She looks back at the rest of the party, pointedly keeping her eyes away from Teon's "puppet." Once she's sure there won't be any more interruptions, her attention turns back to the squire. Her gaze is as icy as the deepest northern sea.

"Good, then you have heard of my parents, one of whom drank and blamed his problems on me and another whom I could never please. They forced me to go to balls, parties, banquets, and all sort of vapid affairs. I never wanted to go. Those that looked down on me because I was of lesser birth also envied me because I managed to capture the eye of ever air-headed lordling that passed by without sing the gobs and gobs of makeup they had to. While they wore jewelry worth more than the manor I was raised in I managed to bring a room to stop just by walking in. They hated me for it. Those petty, vapid, 'noble'-women spread rumors. The kind that had every little lordling that didn't have the good sense or money to bed a whore to satisfy those lustful urges they could barely contain followed and cornered me like hounds hunting a rabbit."

She pauses for a moment to let the squire absorb what she said.

"Eventually I refused to go to any of those events. My parents said that I would go, no matter my wishes, so I ran away. I ran away from the petty nobles and savage rumors. I ran away. From. Iomedaens.

"The way I see it I was just trying to help them out. I stripped away their finery and revealed them for what they were. Spoiled brats that don't have the sense to use a good lock on their valuables. Aren't the followers of Iomedae supposed to be honest, after all?

"But what do I know? I'm just a pretty face disguising a vile devil. A succubus tempting the righteous to the path of wickedness. I'm a blight to be destroyed."

She pulls a dagger from her belt and drops it before the trembling squire.

"There. You now have all that need to kill me. So here I am Son of Talingarde, plunge that knife into my wicked heart."

Gwyn takes a step back from Timeon and holds her arms wide to show that nothing but leather and cloth bar the way.

Note: I'm banking on him NOT doing it, but just in case, you guys have Gwyn's back right?
Almost forgot...
Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 That's a 28 to break the poor little squire. Poor guy, scared witless by a girl that weighs less than the gear he probably carried.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Readied action, Daze


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Oh believe me, if he stands up and lunges at you, my AoO is gonna beat him down hard.


Male Human Squire

"Master Eldon wouldn't do that. Iomedae will protect. Master Eldon was a good man. Iomedae will protect. Asmodeans are the monsters. Iomedae will protect. Iomedae will protect. Iomedae will protect." Timeon hugs himself tightly, grabbing his legs and pulling them close, eyes staring on the one point of stability in this room of madness, the hilt of the dagger, a weapon. A weapon that may as well not exist, for he has not the spirit to grasp it. Finally, he looks up to the head upon Teon's hand. "What's that, Master Eldon? Help the girl, Master Eldon? Of course, Master Eldon. That's what knights do, Master Eldon. Timeon will help the girl in danger, Master Eldon. Timeon's a good squire, Master Eldon."


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Damn, I'd better be careful who I pull that trick on, I might break someone we need lucid. ;)

Gwyn watches the squire break down with cold apathetic eyes. She had half-expected him to grab the dagger and kill her, or try to if the tense stnaces of Xanos and Teon are any indication of what would have befallen him had he tried. She's not sure what to do with the nearly insane boy, so she does what she always did best.

She Improvised.

"Why do you keep saying that Iomedae will protect?" she says as she knells and grabs the dagger and puts it away. She then gently makes Timeon look her in the eyes. "Knights protect young women from harm. Is not Iomedae the goddess of knights? Then why did she not protect me? Is she really any better than the girls who spread those rumors, or the louts that thought my virtue so easy to compromise? Why Timeon? Why?! Why could she not save me? If she is just, then why was I condemned to die in a mine? Is your goddess really any better than Asmodeus? Is he not at least honest with his followers?"

Sense Motive DC 28/DC 29 If you find Gwyn attractive:
Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
She's trying to get him to turn against Iomedae. Poor guy probably doesn't stand a chance.


Male Human Squire

Timeon turns to look at Sir Eldon's head before responding. "Master Eldon says you're confused. Master Eldon says you'll find redemption in the mines. Master Eldon says I have to help you find redemption. Timeon listen to Master Eldon. Timeon save confused girl."

Dice:

1d20 ⇒ 18


M Head Head 2 neck 2

Protect the girl. Abjure Iomedae.


Male Human Squire

"Timeon listen, Master Eldon. Timeon obey, Master Eldon."


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3
Timeon wrote:
Timeon turns to look at Sir Eldon's head before responding. "Master Eldon says you're confused. Master Eldon says you'll find redemption in the mines. Master Eldon says I have to help you find redemption. Timeon listen to Master Eldon. Timeon save confused girl."

"But what if I died before I did? I'm small, frail, and weak. I'd never live long in the mines. If I didn't die of exhaustion, it'd be crushed by rocks. I don't wish to die? Do you wish me to? Do you want me to die Timeon?"

Gwyn looks at him with shimmering deep blue eyes that beg to be saved. She pleads with him, her voice getting softer and softer as she weaves her words.

Sense Motive DC 16:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Gwyn is starting to find this amusing. it's just a twitch of the corner of her mouth or the way the light seems to play in her eyes, but it's enough to give her away.

Diplomacy or Intimidate (Same modifier, unless Charming is in affect, then +1 to Diplomacy): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

GM:
I think you get what I'm trying to do here, I'm trying to get Timeon to renounce his fate and swear to Asmodeus. If that doesn't seem possible, she'll settle for putting a knife in his back while he tries to comfort her. Not sure which roll I need for that. Bluff also has the same modifier as diplomacy, even with charming.


Male Human Squire

Timeon turns to a sitting position and reaches out a hand towards Gwyn. "Master Eldon says don't fear death, right Master Eldon? We'll join him, and join Iomedae beyond. Redeption will await, a second chance there will be."


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Sense Motive DC 21:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
She's given up on trying to get him to renounce his faith, instead she's trying to string him along.
And distract him from the dagger she's pulling.

Perception DC 17:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 She's pulling a dagger from the back of her belt.

"What if he believes that I am irredeemable? That there is nothing but a black soul without a shred of goodness? What then?"

Gwyn turns her small frame away, seemingly in the beginnings of despair. Anyone that can see her back can see the dagger slowly being slide out of the sheathe. A subtle gleam in her eyes.


M Head Head 2 neck 2

Teon thrusts the head close enough that the crudely working jaw is in danger of nipping the end of Timeon's nose.

You were not paying attention were you, you idiot? You are just as stupid now as when you were doing a piss poor job of polishing my armor and currying my horse. Iomdea could not save me in life, and she could not save me in death. My only hope of salvation was to forswear the false goddess. Do so while you yet have a chance to live. Forswear in life, or burn after death until you do.


Male Human Squire

A confused look comes over Timeon's face. "Forswear Iomedae? To serve her for so long, but to now forswear? I...I..." Timeon visibly struggles with himself fighting against the urge. With one look up to Sir Eldon's head, tears in his eyes, "I f-forswear Iomedae...." He then buries his head into his hands, tears streaming from around the edges.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon turns to Price with a wink. I think you are up.


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Shulme watches the exchange with a blank look for a time, wondering idly what is so important about turning one of the lower natives.

"Strange days..." he mutters.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Perception DC 25:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 The dagger makes it's way back to its sheathe.

Gwyn turns back to face Timeon and gently caresses his face.

Gods, that was unexpected. Time to wrap this up I suppose.

"Are you ready to leave this place? Do you wish to come with me?"

Gwyn stands and looks down on the broken squire.

"If so, rise. Rise my protector. Rise and be remade into a knight worthy of the title."

I am having too much fun with this.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield
Shulme-Silule wrote:


"Strange days..." he mutters.

"Indeed." Xanos says with a hint of disgust in his tone.


Male Human Squire

The squire stands, though shakily, unsure what to make of the situation. "Master Eldon, Timeon wants to sleep. Is it okay, Master Eldon?"


As the squire stands up, Cain uproot his bow, obviously ready to be moving again. "Price. Teon. He's your responsibility." With bagged snakes, decapitated head, and the pendant in-hand, Cain is heading back towards the entrance -- using the path they took to get here.

Though they cover no new ground, his yellow eyes continue to shift in readiness, even as they reach their point of egress. As they begin to head back up the stairs and into the mansion, the wolf's body begins to snap and pop back into its human form. With one last shrug of his now-smaller shoulders, he gives the pendant a look. "Be good to be done with this whole test."


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7
Teon wrote:
Teon turns to Price with a wink. I think you are up.

Price comes away from the wall, where she has watched Timeon's mind being broken with both fascination and repulsion. Her humour is still intact, "I think you are mistaking me for the Cardinal. See the clergy for proselytizing and converting. Those aren't in my skillset."

Cain... wrote:
As the squire stands up, Cain uproot his bow, obviously ready to be moving again. "Price. Teon. He's your responsibility."

"I have a full time job keeping you out of trouble, Cain. Let's give the Cardinal his due. We'll swap Timeon for the Snakes. Seems like a fair trade to me."

Despite her words, Price keeps an eye on Timeon as they head towards the exit.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

"Can't we keep the squire and give the Cardinal the snakes?"

It's funny, really, how quickly Gwyn goes from fledgling dominatrix to shy little girl acting like she's asking to keep the puppy she just found.


M Head Head 2 neck 2

Follow and protect the nice young girl, obey her


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

I am sure that some use or other can be found be found for him. Watch him Gwyn, and stay close to me. Let us get our snakes and then go.


Price wrote:
"I have a full time job keeping you out of trouble, Cain. Let's give the Cardinal his due. We'll swap Timeon for the Snakes. Seems like a fair trade to me."

Cain looks at the cowed man as they continue walking, "I don't know… seems pretty worthless to me. And i'll take that as a compliment."


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield
Gwyndolin Maulsen wrote:

"Can't we keep the squire and give the Cardinal the snakes?"

"No."


Male Human

Leaving the dungeon beneath the mansion, you are brought before Thorn's study once again. “You’ve returned.” He sits and waits patiently for you to respond to him, giving only a passing glance to the squire.


Cain idly rubs the still-tender strip of skin that was attacked by the mist-monster. "We've returned," he echoes, his voice quiet as he seemingly waits for someone else to take the lead with the Cardinal. As he waits, he begins unstringing his bow. Might as well at least seem like we're comfortable in this guy's house.

When he's finished, bow string comfortably in a pouch, he leans back against a wall, using the now-straight bow as a prop under his crossed forearms, which in turn prop up his scruffy chin. "Quite a little test you have down there. Take long to put it together?" He gives a shrug that seems to say, 'What? I don't do small talk.'


Male Human

"This mansion was a fortunate discovery, a surviving relic of the Asmodean purges from that fool Markadian IV, also known as the Zealot. I must say I do have a certain sense of joy, knowing the fools attempt was in vain, this mansion just one such monument to Asmodeus's strength." Thorn seems to stare off into space for a moment before turning back. "But that's not why you all are here of course. The pendant, I assume you have acquired it?"


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

"Yep. It's the strangest thing, though. We didn't just find one pendant, we found two. Here's one I think Cain has the other."

Gwyn pulls out the fake pendant from her pocket and tosses it at the Cardinal. There's a slight smile on her lips as she speaks, almost like she's telling a joke and hasn't gotten to the punch line, yet.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

"Thank you for the gift of Sir Eldon."


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos stands at the back with Grumblejack and his new undead servant, saying nothing. It is obvious that the tall wizard is unimpressed with Thorne's theatrics.


I don't think Cain actually has the other. Who grabbed it? If no one actually grabbed it, Cain would have on their way out.. i just thought someone had.


King of Talingarde

Looks like the Slave of the Spiral has it.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price relieves the slave of its burden and hands it to the Cardinal. "Unless this is a second ruse item, I assume this is the one you want."


Male Human

The Cardinal looks over the pendant for a moment before tossing it back. "I do hope you enjoyed Sir Eldon. I had hoped to provide you with the father as well, but he has proven to be more difficult to pin down. For now, he isn't aware of the extent of the Asmodean influence, so he will be allowed to remain free. But if an opportunity presents itself and won't compromise the plan, take advantage of it."

The Cardinal stands, "On the topic of the plan..." he turns his gaze, lingering a moment on Xanos before going to Timeon. "He will need to be removed from this room." Tiadora suddenly disappears from the Cardinal's side, appearing in front of the squire. She strikes him across the face, powerful enough to knock the young man out before leaving the room with his unconsious form. "He will be returned to you after our meeting."

The Cardinal utters an incantation, and a map of Talingarde appears on a wall*. "This is Talingarde. As you all are aware I'm sure, the Watch Wall separates southern Talingarde, where King Markadian V controls, and The Savage North where the bugbears rule. Since the Watch Wall was established by King Markadian I, also known as the Vitor, the bugbears have not proven a true threat to Talingarde for nearly 80 years."

"The reason I bring this up as it has to do with a part of my plan. I am currently working with a bugbear chieftan who is rallying the goblinoid forces. As his army nears the needed size, you will act. My goal for you, my ninth knot, is to breach the Watch Wall. You will throw wide the doors to one of it's keeps, the fortress Balentyne, and allow a bugbear army to sweep into Talingarde."

"This may seem a blind goal. Why give the country to bugbears? This is only one part of my plan. I will not divulge the other portions. Even myself knowing all parts is too risky, but it's a risk that must be taken for all events to be properly coordinated."

"It will take time to finish negotations, and for the warlord to gather his forces. In three months I will send you north. Until that time, I would like to further each of your strengths, to train you for this task. You may wish to go earlier, but it would be unwise to play our hand early. For now, become stronger."

The illusionary map hangs on the wall while the Cardinal turns and stares at each of you. "This is an impossible task I would be told. There will be risks. But no gain comes without it's share. Will you do this task?"

1,401 to 1,450 of 2,573 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.