Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment

Game Master Xzaral

Way of the Wicked by Fire Mountain Games

Roll20

Battlemat


1,351 to 1,400 of 2,573 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

I feel what Xanos done in his own private time with the parts of our dead enemys is his own buisness. He hands the undead a sack. Gather all of the materiel goods and carry them with you. You may drop them if you need to render aid in combat.


Slowly, the thing that was once a man obeys.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 2/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Nobody seems to notice the little thief bathed in blood, as her eye twitches a little. It's more than a little eerie how calm her voice is.

"I've now been covered in my blood and someone else's blood. I'm not sure which is worse. Please tell me one of you magey types can get this cleaned without me having to strip naked."

The expression on her face could charitably be described as annoyance at her situation. Surprisingly, she still manages to look cute.

How she managed that, I haven't a clue. :D


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos looks at her and nods. "Your disguise may be harder to maintain without the illusion of purity."

With a gentle sweep of his hand, the blood and grime dried, turned to dust and was pushed by some unseen force off her clothes and skin to the floor. He even went so far as to smooth and clean her hair and add faint pigment to her lips and cheeks, leaving only a faint charchol scrape on her face and down her chest.

"That should provide the desired effect." the tall wizard said with a self satisfied nod.

Prestidigitation is seriously my favorite spell.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 2/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

One of mine too. Once used it turn a dwarf's hair pink before he ran through a pit fight naked.

Gwyn couldn't help but be surprised at Xanos' reply and at how easily she cleaned up.

"If you could teach me how to do that, I'd steal anything you asked me to."


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"Learning it may be frustrating for you, but soon I will be able to provide you with an object which can do it for you. I will let you know what I need stolen."


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 2/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Wow, this has to be one of the best things to happen to me since that night.

"Thank you good sir. I only ask that you call me the goddess of all things sneaky when you need me to do some thievery."

A playful grin shows she's not serious about being called a goddess, but she seems to be getting a little more comfortable around the hulk of a wizard.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"If I ever call you a goddess, you will know I truly dispise you."


Cain slings the bulk of the blood from his wicked blade with a few swipes, then uses some cloth from the bed in the corner to finish the job. As he watches the undead thing stash all the fallen knight's gear, he sheathes his own blade and reclaims his bow, testing it a few times to make sure it's undamaged.

He looks over at Price and -- when she looks back at him -- he nods knowingly to her. She knows what he's thinking. One traitor down...

"We ready to go visit this idiot's follower? Or do we test this screamer?"


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 2/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

"Don't see another way out, do you?"

Gwyn checks her weapons before going to the door on the other side of the coffin filled room, hurrying noticeably while in said room. She cautiously puts her ear up to the door and listens for several minutes.

I'm assuming that qualifies for a take twenty. She's trying to see if anything is beyond that door, and she isn't moving until she hears something or she has to.
Perception(Take 20): 20 + 10 = 30
Perception(No 20 can be taken): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Cain stalks up behind her, pressing his own ear up to the door.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16.

Perception block (for next room):
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Eyeing the hand that the tattooed mage carried, Teon had an idea of his own. After taking the sword from the undead, he walks back to the room with the body. When he returns, he is holding the sword in his right hand and the head of Sir Eldon is forced onto his left.


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Shulme leans on his spear. He murmurs a charm to close his wounds as he awaits the rest of the party getting their fun in.

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 cure light wounds


King of Talingarde

An examination of the next door reveals nothing in the way of traps. Opening the door it is pitch black inside, though a natural darkness this time.

Darkvision:
You see a patch of earth, in the middle of which lies a giant mushroom.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

With Darkvision - can we see any other exits or writing over a doorway?

Price signals for the door to be closed before she says, "There's a patch of earth in there and some huge mushroom on top of it."


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"A single large mushroom in an otherwise empty room? Nothing else?" Xanos says with a bit of incredulity.

Knowledge: Nature/Dungeoneering (whichever is appropriate): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


"Wait," Cain says, eyes shifting into the room with confusion, "... this the screamer room? Aint never seen a screamin' mushroom."

I'd aid another on that knowledge check, but i'm fairly certain you hit hte DC. :)


King of Talingarde

Xanos:
The mushroom is a shriker, easily destroyed but will react to any light source or by making an incredibly loud shrieking sound.

I assume no one has entered the room yet or shined any light into it. If you wish to enter, just let me know.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 2/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Gwyn loses her self in thought at the mention of what's in the room, and starts to hum, then softly sing a haunting tune about a nymph and a dragon.

Can't see squat, and I figured that all of this happens before Gwyn can get her Ioun torch out. Besides, she ahsn't gotten to show off her singing voice yet. :)
Perform(sing): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 (I'm guessing that's off-key but still pleasant to listen to)


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"A screaming mushroom is exactly what it is, Cain. Light causes it to vibrate at a rate which creates a surprisingly loud high picked whine. It reacts to light and can be used as a somewhat crude sentry system. Due to the precise internal structure required to create it's shriek, it is quite fragile."


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

So no light means no shriek?


"It's loud... gotcha. All you had to say. Price can see in the dark. Anyone else? Cuase those folk should go smash the shroom for us."

He looks over at Gwyn as he leans against the wall, "I'll just be here enjoying a serenade."


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

I can


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"Indeed. Price, your bow may be the best tool for this task."


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 2/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Gwyn continues to sing, oblivious to the world. She begins the second verse about the Dragon taking the nymph and locking her deep in his lair as Xanos talks to Price.

It's official, Gwyn is now my second favorite character.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Bored now Teon strides into the room and approaches the mushroom, destroying it if nothing attacks.


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

"I can see in the dark. Though it seems of little consequence, as we have already defeated the dead men who were to be alerted by this thing."

Shulme watches over the room as Teon moves forward into the darkness.

Ready to attack anything that rises up to slaughter Teon.


King of Talingarde

The mushroom easily falls from Teon's strike. No enemies rise up to assault the fused summoner as he makes his move. With the mushroom gone, a search of the now possibly safe room reveals another secret doorway leading to a set of stairs. The stairs themselves lead up into the mansion, a secret way into this dungeon below.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

And that is our way out. We still mean to visit the young squire and give him the grievous news Teon gestures with his left hand, still shoved up inside the head of Eldon [/b] And collect our snakes. Anything else?[/b]


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 2/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Gwyn suddenly snaps out of the half trance she was in and stops singing when Teon asks if there's anything else.

"Hmm? Hey, did we ever find an amulet with real rubies? I don't think the one with the fakes ones is going to cut it."


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 2/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Sorry for the double post. just trying to get things moving.

Gwyn thinks for a moment and remembers that there were a few doors that weren't opened the first time around. She doesn't waste much time getting to one of the doors (The one leading south in the vampire mist room) and begins checking the door.

Perception Traps: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Perception Door: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


King of Talingarde

Gwyn:
The doorway to the south is trapped with a viscious spear trap, designed to impale it's victim if opened. The eastern doorway is the same. No sounds can be heard from within.

Disable Device DC 20 and opening the doors:
Opening the doorway reveals another plaque.

Plaque wrote:
Thou hast followed the herd.

At this point the only thing unexplored are the stairs leading up in the room with the fake pendant. You can do what you will with Timeon. Just let me know.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Here's my idea, guys. I think the stairs up in the fake pendant room aren't worth checking. I say we grab our bag o' snakes, go visit Timeon so Teon can put on his puppet show, and then we head up the stairs past the spot of Eldon's demise and drop off the pendant - beating the world record time for navigating this rat's maze.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

I love it when a plan comes together


Price's plan is great with me. I don't really feel that it's necessary to explore every corner of this place.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 2/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Gwyn Pulls her ear away from the trapped door and begins to sing a disturbingly cheerful ditty about a goblin impaled on a farmer's pitchfork.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

"...And a snicker-snack
His head rolled down his back.
Squirm and writhe he did no more
With his head rolling 'bout the floor..."

Satisfied that the trap isn't going to skewer her she opens the door cautiously. She stops singing abruptly to stare at the sign until everyone is in the room.

"Well, that's just great..."


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos rolled his eyes.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

What to do first, grab the snakes or go see Timeon?


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"I have no desire to interact further with the squire. I will retrieve the serpents."

Have fun. I'll get the snakes and wait by the stairs.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 2/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Gwyn heads for the first room and checks the door again for traps before carefully placing her ear on the door. She isn't singing this time around.

Perception (Traps): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


King of Talingarde

You had previously managed to identify the pit trap on that door. It's the yellow square.

Disable Device DC 20:
Opening the door with the mechanism jammed, you find a plaque beyond.

Plaque wrote:
“Thou wert deceived. Pain is thy reward.”


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 2/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Oh, right, Avoiding that then.

Gwyn leans in over the Trap and begins fiddling with the lock.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

"I am seriously considering putting a knife in someone's eye."

Okay, Any doors besides the other vampy one that I haven't tried?


King of Talingarde

Not that I know of, lol. There actually shouldn't be any other doors in the vampiric mist room either. Not sure what you're talking about there tbh.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 2/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Sorry the Herd one. I keep thinking that's blood on the floor.


King of Talingarde

Ah. Both doors there are the same trap and plaque.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 2/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Okay. Thanks.

Gwyn stomps back to the podium that has the fake ruby necklace and snatches it up before going to room where she got splattered with blood and begins to methodically search it.

Taking 20 on the Perception check: 20 + 10 = 30


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Since this seems to be my play, here goes

Teon makes his way back to the chamber where Timeon was left with any who choose to follow him. Before getting there, he retriggers his disguise as the kindly old wizard and keeps his left hand behind his back as he approaches.


Male Human Squire

"By Iomedae, you still live!" Timeon visibly pales after he speaks. "I mean, of course. I'm free to go now, right?"


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

I think that we can arrange for you to leave this labyrinth. You will need to ask Sir Eldon. We found him.


Male Human Squire

An expression of pure hope comes across Timeon's face, the most life you have seen him to date. "That's, that's wonderful. Is he okay? Please, take me to him! Thank you so much, thank you."

I just had an expression of This

1,351 to 1,400 of 2,573 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.