Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment

Game Master Xzaral

Way of the Wicked by Fire Mountain Games

Roll20

Battlemat


1,251 to 1,300 of 2,573 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

King of Talingarde

Round 1
Gwyn (5' step back, total defense)
Draugr (D1 moves and attacks, D2 breaks free)
Price (Readied attacks for Draugr)
Xanos (Command Undead)
Grumblejack (Retreats back at Teon's command)
Shulme (Casts Divine Favor, Draw Heavy Mace)
Teon (Readied attack for when a Draugr attacks an ally)
Cain (Full attack with Bow, improvised, and bite)

Teon's and Price's readied attacks drops the Draugr as it moves to attack Gwyn, mace and bite taking it's toll. Sorry forgot ready attacks.

Round 2
Gwyn (Attack D2, Crit
Teon (Readied attack)
Price (Readied attack)
Draugr (D2 moves to attack, dies from readied attacks; D3 breaks free)
Xanos (Command Undead)
Grumblejack (Readies attack)
Shulme ()
Cain ()

Xanos attempts to take command of the remaining Draugr, but it manages to keep it's own will.

Awaiting Shulme and Cain this round, and Gwyn, Teon and Price for Round 3.

The Map Link

Dice:

D3 W 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

AUGH!!!


Eesh, Xanos, you're getting no love from those Command Undeads!

The beast spins on the new attacker, a snarl ripping into the air as it once again lashes out with his improvised club and sharp teeth.

Round 2
Full attack on Drueger in Z19: Improvised club (bow) then bite, both power attacks.

rolls:
Improvised Club (bow) 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 1 = 26. <-- CRIT?
---> Damage 1d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 3 = 13.
---> CRIT CONFIRM 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 1 = 18
---> Total crit damage 13 + 1d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ 13 + (3) + 7 + 3 = 26
.
BIte 1d20 + 7 - 5 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 5 - 1 = 11
---> damage 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4.

Status:
HP 23/23 con damage 21/21
AC 18 T 14 FF 14
CMD 21 FF 17
F/R/W +4 (+3 currently)/+7/+3
Effects/Conditions Wolf Potion (24 hours), Werewolf form, 2 con damage


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Shulme smiles as the thief creates a distraction. He moves to end the undead creature's defiance with a powerful sweeping blow of his mace.

rolls:

Charging attack (AC 16 for the round) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Bludgeoning damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price steps into the gap between Shulme and Gwyn, attempting to follow up the Oracle's smash with one of her own.

~ Round 3 ~
MOVE: @ #1
STAND: Ready Action - Bash

Rolls:
Laughing Demon (20/x2)
HIT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
DAM: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Status:
HP: 17 / 18
CON: 9 / 11
1st Spells (4): xxxx
Daylight (1): -
Judgment (1): x
Effects: None


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon steps up next to Cain and rips into the other undead. Aracain strike

Bite 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Damage 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

Claw 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Damage 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Claw 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Damage 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

That first claw is a crit threat


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

So it is. Thank you. Crit confirm 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Extra Damage if confirmed. 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8


King of Talingarde

With all the Draugr currently on the field dead, two more break free this round from their imprisonment.

Round 2
Gwyn (Attack D2, Crit
Teon (Readied attack)
Price (Readied attack)
Draugr (D2 moves to attack, dies from readied attacks; D3 breaks free)
Xanos (Command Undead)
Grumblejack (Readies attack)
Shulme (Attacks Draugr)
Cain (Attacks Draugr)

Round 3
Gwyn ()
Teon (Attacked Draugr)
Price (Attacked Draugr)
Draugr (D4 and D5 break free, D1-D3 dead)
Xanos ()
Grumblejack ()
Shulme ()
Cain ()

[ooc]Gwyn hadn't acted from Round 2 yet. Two more Draugr break free as their actions. Everyone's up.

The Map Link


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos continues whatever it is he is trying to do.

grumble grumble


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon repositions himself and begins tearing into the closest undead. Five foot step, arcane strike, full attack

Bite 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Damage 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

Claw 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Damage 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

Claw 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Damage 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9


King of Talingarde
Xanos wrote:

Xanos continues whatever it is he is trying to do.

grumble grumble

Do you mean you want to fail, er try at Command Undead again? (sorry, sorry!) ;p


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Yes...


King of Talingarde

The Draugr, having proved resistant to most efforts on Xanos's part, finally have one succumb to his abilities. He gains control of the creature even as the other is torn apart by Teon.

Still 3 coffins up at present, one Draugr dead, other under Xanos's influence.

D4 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
D5 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

The swirling spiral on Xanos' palm appears briefly on the decrepit creature's chest, swirling and sinking. It stops it's hostility and simply stands.

"Good."

It turns it's dead gaze doward Gwyn. It twitches. Xanos brows narrow. It looks to him and kneels.

"Better."


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Sorry I was typing a post then got busy at work.

Gwyn swallows her fear and moves to attack another of the horrors. What was supposed be a flash of metal turns into several as the thief breifly loses her grip, but is able grab the tumbling sword before it clatters to the ground.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Not having a target, the beast simply waits, bow ready for the next undead to show its watery head. "So, Xanos... what ya gonna make yer new friend do? He take requests?"

Delay.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"Only from me." Xanos says grimly. For some reason, the tall man was definitely in a bad mood.


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Shulme murmurs something in a language none present can understand, and readies himself in case any further foes arise.


King of Talingarde

As you all wait, no more coffins seem to burst open. The quiet in the air gives a chill as the only remaining member of the walking dead is the one commanded by Xanos. How do you all wish to proceed?

I've put a token with a red border on the map to represent a Commanded creature. I'll probably do the same for summons as well, and anything else you all control. Three coffins still remain unopened, and three doors exit this room, the one you came through from the north, and two more, one east and one west. Both remain shut at present.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon walks over to one of the two intact coffins and lightly brushes it with a claw. I ahve not wish to leave these behind us if they contain more of the creatures, but I think they should be checked for traps, rather than my just bursting them open.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

"h-huh? Oh! T-t-t-t-traps, right."

Now that the fight's over, Gwyn seems just as shaken up as before. She goes over to the coffins first and then the doors, taking time to be cautious and steady her trembling hands.

Taking 20 on the coffins and doors for a 20 + 11 = 31 to check for traps.


King of Talingarde

As each coffin is observed, a strong smell of seawater comes off of each one. Up close, it's obvious they have been underwater, damaged to the point it would take little effort to break one open. In fact, during an examination of the third, the door comes off and a body collapses out onto the floor, startling Gwyn. A sealogged dwarf falls to the ground, his greataxe clattering next to him.

A search of the bodies reveals little of interest. Their weapons are near useless in their current state, the armor mostly rotted away.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Reaction upon having a waterlogged dwarf disgorge from the coffin.

Gwyn frowns when the door to the third remaining coffin creaks ominously, but before she can say or do anything, it falls open and drops a dwarf almost on top of her.

"EEEEYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Idon'twannadie!Idon'twannadie!Idon'twannadie!Idon'twannadie!"

She scrambles backwards, but slips on slick stone and lands hard on her side as she tries to break her fall and pull a knife, dagger, anything loose from its scabbard. Once she realizes that the dead thing isn't moving she stops struggling to get her weapon free, and tries to stand up.

Anyone looking at her might be worried she's about to have a heart attack.

Soooo, no traps?


King of Talingarde

No traps.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Not unkindly, Price helps the girl to her feet. "Hey now, don't go scaring Cain there... you know he's got a weak constitution."


If a werewolf is capable of making a discernible 'what the hell?' look, Gwyn is getting it from Cain. ;)

Price wrote:
"Hey now, don't go scaring Cain there... you know he's got a weak constitution."

His yellow eyes swing to Price, his lips splitting into his strange wolf-grin, "I'm gonna act like that's compliment… and that I know what that last word means."

He give the room's doors one last glance, "Any idea which way is the right way?"

Mark, any inscriptions on any of these doors or in the room in general? I didn't see any on a brief re-read.

If not…
Cain presses his long ear up against all three doors, trying to detect any clues as to what's behind them.

Perception (East door) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13.
Perception (South door) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21.
Perception (West door) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12.


King of Talingarde

Sorry if I wasn't clear. There is no south door. You came from the north (1). And doors going east (2) and west (3). I'll use your south door roll for west, if you don't mind.

Neither of the doors in this room have any unusual markings. An observation of each door reveals nothing unusual about either and no sounds can be heard coming from beyond.


Oops. My bad. Hasty posts mean mucho mistakos.

After checking both doors, Cain steps away shaking his head, "So, east?"

If that's the agreed-upon direction…

Perception block:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

And stealth for doing this all stealthily (including opening the door) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

East works for me.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Before we go, did we ever do a serious look around this room for secret doors?

Price nods. "East works. It might lead us to the 'Screamer' room."

Checking the room, if needed 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

5 Block (for next room):
Perception #1 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Perception #2 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Perception #3 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Perception #4 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Perception #5 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

"Anywhere but here..."
For the next room:
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Shulme spends a moment to master his tongue.

"East." he agrees at length.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos follows without a word, his shambling servant dragging behind.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Your new valet stinks Xanos.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"I'm not keeping it around to please your nasal passages. If you do not like it, stand further away."


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

"Please don't remind me about that- that- that thing."

A visible shudder runs up Gwyn's spine as she moves to the east door to double check it for traps.

Perception (Traps): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Perception (other side of door): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


King of Talingarde

At the end of a short hallway is another doorway, a familiar inscription upon it's entryway.

Inscription wrote:
“Secrecy is our greatest ally. Exposure brings death.”

No traps can be found upon this doorway, no sounds can be heard beyond it. No light shines beneath the door, indicating no light lays beyond either, as this hallway is also bare of light.


The wolf mutters, "Same song, second verse..." as he slides his hands along the walls of this new hallway, seeking an alternate route than the obvious one with the ominous inscription.

Does your short description (which lacks any indication of additinal secret doors) mean that our perception blocks failed to find anything but the obvious door at the end of this new hallway?


King of Talingarde

That is correct, the only thing you see is a doorway with an inscription.


King of Talingarde

The Map Link


Cain eyes the only door skeptically. "I say we head back and check the west door. We may be dealing with having to deal with whatever's in this room one way or another, but I'd like to make sure that's our only option before doing something we all regret." His yellow eyes look to the group for additional thoughts.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

"...Only now a little bit worse. Lets check the other hall."

For the record, Gwyn has an Ioun torch out so she can see.

The thief looks at the door and then back the other way.

"Lemme check the other way."

She heads out of the hallway taking her light with her. She squeezes around the controlled undead thing and proceeds to check the other door.

Perception (traps on west door): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Perception block:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


King of Talingarde

Opening the door to the west reveals another doorway, this one different from the others. Made from a heavier wood, appearing solidly built and banded in iron with an impressive looking lock. On a peg next to the door sits a large iron key, which appears that it may work in the lock. Once again an inscription is above the door in this room...

Inscription wrote:
"Serve well the cause, and thou shall be rewarded."

EDIT: Oh yea, no apparent traps on either door.


Cain looks at the key, the inscription, and back at the key... all with a dead-pan expression. "Well, that's about as useful as a titless wench. I guess the question being is it trapped like everything else or are we just supposed to think that and walk away from an easy take?"

He goes to help Gwyn with her inevitable inspection of the impressive lock.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20.


King of Talingarde

Cain:
You find no traps on the lock.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Perception: Take 20 20 + 11 = 31
checking for traps and to see if the lock can be easily picked.
perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Activity on the other side of the door.

Gwyn meticulously goes over the door and the lock before holding up a finger for silence and putting her ear to the door. She takes the flaming stone orbiting her head and hides it in a pocket in her cloak after wrapping it up in a spare rag.

Anything of note?


King of Talingarde

Gwyn carefully examines the doorway, feeling along the sides, checking the lock. After about a minute of searching, she hears a voice call out from the other side. "In the name of Iomedae, who goes there?" This is followed by the sound of metal on metal.

Gwyn, Cain, Perception DC 17:
The sound appears to be from a suit of metal armor clanking as it connects with itself.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

At Cain's gesture, Teon slides up behind Gwyn as silently as he is able.

Stealth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Gwyn can't see anything considering there is no light, so she nearly jumps out of her skin when Cain nudges her. Only a strong will and good sense keeps her from squeaking out a yelp of surprise. She creeps back into the room full of coffins and better lighting.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Okay, When Gwyn covered and pocketed her ioun torch, that extinguished any light in the corridor IIRC, so she can't see very well, so she's going to the room full of coffins to discuss tactics or whatever to avoid giving away that they are still there by bringing the torch back out.

1,251 to 1,300 of 2,573 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.