Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment

Game Master Xzaral

Way of the Wicked by Fire Mountain Games

Roll20

Battlemat


1,201 to 1,250 of 2,573 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

We need to move. We do have a time limit on this task.


King of Talingarde

The Map Link

Just reposting the map. Looks like the group is leaning towards going secret route, yes?


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"You misunderstand. I want to let them out."


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Gwyn looks up at the towering wizard with a look that can only be described as confusion, which then slowly shifts to blank-faced, slack-jawed terror as she parses though what Xanos just said. The color in her face, what little had returned, leaves, turning Gwyn almost white. Then color comes rushing back after just a second to the sound of a heartbeat thundering in her ears. Her face scrunches up in an expression of angered disbelief.

"Are you bloody insane! If you want to run around with a bunch of coffin stuffers, then be my guest, but do it after I'm on the other side of a dozen locked doors. I like living and have no interest in being turned into some black wizard's plaything, with or without the look of a half-rotted corpse!"


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos only smiles and gestures toward the hall they had come through.

"We have only passed through six doors since we entered these halls. I am afraid that will have to suffice."

Can't access the map. Pretty sure six is right. If it's not, assume Xanos said the correct number.


"Tell ya what? We'll check the secret door. Once we've secured it, you can open the door with the dead things behind it... ya know, while we're as safely inaccessible as possible." He smiles his wolf smile, "Everyone wins."


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Are we ready then?


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos nodded. He was nothing if not patient.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

"*Sigh* I guess so. Just hoping that we do all wind up worm food."

Gwyn turns back to the door and puts away her feelings of uncertainty. She has a job to do after all.

Here goes nothing.

The slight thief begins her meticulous work. She puts her ear to the door to make sure all is quite on the other side before working on quietly opening the door.

Perception(Traps): Taking 20 for 20 + 11 = 31
Perception(Door): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Stealth(open door):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
HOT DIGGITY!


Cain shrugged, but stepped back when the small thief took the initiative. Whether or not it was the decision he'd have made, he liked it when the assertive side of her took over. She's fun when she's all dashing.

He takes a step to the side, giving his bow a practice pull as he readies for the door to open.

Just to be clear, Gwyn is trying to open the door with the inscription that we think leads to the undead room?


King of Talingarde

The door opened, beyond you see the sight of eight coffins in this room. Two doors open to either side, the east and the west. There are no signs of movement as of this moment.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

No. The secret door. If Xanos can catch the undead here, that would be better than setting off a trap.


King of Talingarde

The Map Link


May be too late if Gwyn did, in fact, open the main door (though my vote was the secret door as well).


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

The map puts us at the secret with it being open - we are good. Although empty rooms make me nervous.


King of Talingarde

You can't see it, but the GM is smiling. Just a note.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

LOL! Noted and logged.


As the door swings silently in on the ominously still room, the wolf turns its eyes back to Xanos. His ears lift in question as the wolf nods towards the room.

Wanna go in with Cain? Get in good position to d-do yo thing, baby!

Perception block:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Whether or not Xanos chooses to come along (and unless someone else has a better plan), Cain will step tentativel in, bow at the ready. and he'll do so quietly.
Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon steps into the space that Cain vacated, ready to do what he does if necessary.


Much appreciated... hoping I'm not getting in over my head here. :)


King of Talingarde

Boy, it would suck if you completely screwed up the warning, only to have eight vampire spawn come out of those coffins, charging at you with fangs bared, at level two. It'd be pretty hardcore though. Just waiting for Xanos's response before moving along.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price laces up her Nikes and says, "I don't have to out-run the Vampire Spawn. I just have to out-run the rest of you."


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Just a note, I meant the secret door, but if you thought Gwyn opened the main door, then I guess Gwyn opened the main door.

Gwyn cautiously steps out into the room, slowly padding along and keeping to the wall with her back to it as much as possible. The longs knives at her hips come out slowly with the softest of whispers as she draws them. Her eyes methodically scan the area in front and beside her as she moves along. Her wary gaze sweeps the floor, wall, and ceiling like she'd done more than a few times since leaving her home, but her heart caught in her throat every time she glanced at the coffins in the center. Each sound was loud in her ears and every black shadow held some unknown horror waiting grab her and add her to the undead ranks, or worse.

Perception(Traps): Taking 10 10 + 11 = 21
Stealth(Moving half-speed, probably slower): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 I guess some of those sounds were loud. :|
Perception(Looking for undead, or anything that moves that shouldn't): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


King of Talingarde

The coffins are in the corners, two each. Also this is the secret door.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Ah, okay. sorry didn't look at the map. :*


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos followed patiently, and chuckled when the coffins were revealed.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

I moved our tokens on the map to where I think we are.


King of Talingarde

As you all begin to enter the room, one of the coffin's suddenly explodes outward from a powerful strike, an undead humanoid figure emerging from it. This barnacle-encrusted walking corpse looks like a zombie, but is dripping with water and gives off a nauseating stench. He wields a greataxe as he comes out, obviously hostile.

Inish
Gwyn
Creature
Price
Xanos
Grumblejack
Shulme
Teon
Cain

The Map Link

Dice:
Cain 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Price 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Shulme 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Teon 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Xanos 1d20 ⇒ 14
Gwyn 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Draugr 1d20 ⇒ 15
Grumblejack 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Yay!

Xanos does not move as the coffin bursts. He simply leans his head to the side and stares at the undead monster. The spiral tattoo on his chest writhes like a slow whirlpool.

Control Undead. DC 14 will save.


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Gwyn stumbles back in fear and lets out a shriek of terror at the sight of the ghastly creature bursting from the coffin. She pulls her knives up in front of her face and body in a reflexive effort to defend herself from something which just crawled out of her worst nightmares.

Price can hear her ragged breathing from the slight thief only a bare couple of feet in front of her. Anyone looking back can see terror in her eyes and tears streaming down her face as her body trembles as if sobbing.

Actions:
Free: five foot step away from the beastie.
Standard: Total Defense +4 AC for a total AC 19, Touch AC 17, and Flat-footed AC 12
Move: Go from Innocent Evil Rogue to Terrified Blubbering Damsel in Distress.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price tries to look past Gwyn to identify the creature and its weaknesses...

Knowledge: Religion 1d20 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 5 = 22 Lore


King of Talingarde

Price:
The creature before you is a Draugr, a type of water soaked undead. They possess DR 5/S or B, Fire Resist 10, and can nauseate on a strike.

The creature charges towards Cain but misses a strike with it's powerful axe. Another of the creatures breaks from a coffin.

I can't update the map at present. Please move the Draugr near Cain. And copy it and place another at coffin 1.

DvC 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 10; 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 3 = 9


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

[does that mean it wasn't effected by my Control Undead?


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

"Draugr! Blunt or slashing weapons serve best. Don't waste time trying to burn them, they are all but immune to flames!"

Price delays a bit to see what the front-line does before acting.


King of Talingarde

I didn't resolve the command undead as it hadn't become your turn in the inish order yet. I should have resolved it last night. Plus now you have sight to two. Let me resolve quickly.

Xanos channels the negative energies and attempts to wrest control of the water logged undead, but they resist his attempts for the moment.

D1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
D2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Figures.

For the first time since anyone present has met him, Xanos' face registers a look of surprise that quickly gives way to anger.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

If you are planning on doing something Xanos, sooner is better that later. Teon moves forward into the room and stands beside Cain, preparing him self to defend his party, letting the magic flow. Ready action to attack any undead that attack a party member, Arcane Strike. Send the ogre up to block the exit. If they come out of all of these coffins, we will want to back down the corridor to negate their numbers.

Bite ready Action 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Damage 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

Status:

HP 18/18 THP 17/21
AC 21 T 11 FF 20
CMD 17 FF 16
F/R/W +1/+1/+3
Spells
1 2/3
Eidelon, Eidelon at -1 Con, Bless, Mage Armor


This bow should work for bludgeoning, the beast thinks as he responds to the thing's charge. He swings the longbow like an axe, following through with a bite.

~~ Round 1 ~~
Full attack - improvised club (bow) and bite... both using power attack.

rolls:
Improvised Club (bow)1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 1 = 18; PA
---> Damage 1d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 3 = 16.
Bite 1d20 + 7 - 5 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 5 - 1 = 15
---> Damage 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9.

Status:
HP 23/23 con damage 21/21
AC 18 T 14 FF 14
CMD 21 FF 17 
F/R/W +4 (+3 currently)/+7/+3 
Effects/Conditions Wolf Potion (24 hours), Werewolf form, 2 con damage


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Shulme frowns as the thief beside him locks up, and reaches for his mace instead of the spear. He mutters a brief invocation.

"Take this spear if you wish to keep your distance, but do not make yourself useless. The dead will not spare you if you do not raise a hand to them."

Cast divine favor, draw heavy mace


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Note: I am well aware that rogues can use a spear, this is mostly for flavor.

Terror-filled eyes twitch from the horrific creature facing Cain and aged wizard to the young man holding at a spear.

"I-I don't how to use that thing!"


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Pointy end goes in your enemy little one. Remember, I am the only one of us who gets by in this group on their personality.


King of Talingarde

Cain's full assault against the Draugr manages to defeat the undead abomination, though it takes knocking his head aside from with his bow before ripping his exposed spine out with his teeth as he does so.

Need Price's delayed action, and Gwyn's round 2 action. Also please move Grumblejack as desire.

Round 1
Gwyn (5' step back, total defense)
Draugr (D1 moves and attacks, D2 breaks free)
Price (Delay)
Xanos (Command Undead)
Grumblejack (Retreats back at Teon's command)
Shulme (Casts Divine Favor, Draw Heavy Mace)
Teon (Readied attack for when a Draugr attacks an ally)
Cain (Full attack with Bow, improvised, and bite)

The Map Link


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

I was holding off on Price's actions pending the results of everyone else's actions. Would you rather I post before knowing the outcomes?


King of Talingarde

At this point, all I have left to act is the Draugr, you and Gwyn. Cain killed one, Teon is readying for their action, Shulme cast a spell, and Xanos did not succeed at his Command Undead.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

OK. Sorry to hold things up.

Price slides past the thief and takes up a spot near Teon, ready to smack the Draugr upside the head with her demon-headed mace.

~ Round 1 ~
MOVE: Next to Teon
STAND: Ready Action - Bash!

Rolls:
Laughing Demon (20/x2)
HIT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Crit?
HIT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 YEAH
TOTAL DAM: 1d8 + 4 + 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (1) + 4 = 10 Weird rolls 2 20's followed by 2 1s!

Status:
HP: 17 / 18
CON: 9 / 11
1st Spells (4): xxxx
Daylight (1): -
Judgment (1): x
Effects: None


Female Aasimar (Musetouched) Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP: 11/16 AC 17/13/14: F+3, R +5, W+0 (+1 versus Charm/Compulsion), Per:+5, Init: +3

Gwyn gulps hard and weaves her way to the front. There's a flash of steel as she lashes out with one of her knives.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 2d6 - 2 ⇒ (3, 2) - 2 = 3 Shortswords are piercing, so subtract whatever from that.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Removing the one undead token that Cain killed


King of Talingarde

As Gwyn moves in and stabs at the Draugr, the blade connnects against undead flesh, going through it's ribcage, but fails to strike a vital area dealing no damage to the creature. It's only effect is to deflect the creature's strike, the Draugr missing the small thief.

Another Draugr bursts out from a coffin (Coffin 4) in the process.

D2vG 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 1 = 6; 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"You. Will. Submit." Xanos growls, remaining in place, the spirals on his hand and chest continuing to churn.

Command undead again.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Added new draugar in at coffin 4

1,201 to 1,250 of 2,573 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.