Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment

Game Master Xzaral

Way of the Wicked by Fire Mountain Games

Roll20

Battlemat


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,573 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"Quite." Xanos says with a nod to Shulme. "Thorne is at least consistent in his failures to impress."

The squire had obviously dealt with Thorne's people and was taken by the disguise. That would make gathering information much more difficult. Not that Xanos cared particularly. So far all this trial had successfully tried was his patience.

Ignoring the wretched man, Xanos went to look more closely at the rack and the rest of the room.

"Likely there is some mechanism concerning the pointless torture of this man in order to progress."


King of Talingarde

The rack appears to be just that, a fully functional though old and used torture device. Nothing else of any note seems to decorate this room.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price sighs and takes the circlet off, reclaiming her actual appearance. "I'm not her and I have no idea who Sire Eldon is. Who is he and what happened to you? What do you know about the layout of this place?" She watches the man closely, trying to ferret out if he's withholding information.

Xanos wrote:
"Likely there is some mechanism concerning the pointless torture of this man in order to progress."

Price keeps her eyes on the man but responds, "Subtle, Xanos. Read the inscription again, there may be another way this could go... if this gentleman cooperates."

Sense Motive 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"I should hope so." Xanos drones. "Torture may be a tool, but it is a truly inadequate one. Akin to needing a hole dug and deciding to sever your servant's arm before asking him to use it for the task."


Male Human Squire

As Price changes, his eyes widen abit. "Vile e-enchantress! S-say what you want, I re-re-refuse to believe you. And I w-won't help any Asmodeans either!" He points to the symbol on Teon's neck as he says the last part.

Price:
His faith in Iomedae is quite strong on the surface, though he is deathly afraid of you all. He seems incredibly relieved at Xanos's assessment of the rack.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

This is simply part of my disguise. I have never participated in the worship of Asmodeas True so far, do you want a bluff check anyway? We are here on a very important task, and we came here with not ill will against you. I charge you to aid us and not stand in our way.

Let me know if you think any of this needs a bluff check.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price waits for Timeon's reaction to Teon's reasonable words before pressing matters further.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon also removes the holy symbol


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Feel free to crush that under heel, if you like. :D


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

And chucks it over his shoulder.


Male Human Squire

The young man watches, seems abit hopeful, but refocuses his stares on Cain and Grumblejack. "T-then why w-would you travel w-with monsters? I-I-I don't understand?"

dice:

T B1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
T SM1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"Of course you don't." Xanos said with a bit of bored exasperation.

"You are a squire of some sort? A servant of the nobles who fancy themselves the warrior lords of Talengarde? You chose a life of servitude to those who would gladly watch you die in battle to maintain the ease of their lives. Now you have been captured and taken to a place beyond the care of the goddess you worship to be used as part of a twisted test of loyalty by a man who wishes to bind us to his service. Literally nothing has changed for you besides who has their hand around the throat of your destiny."

"Your one saving grace is that none here accept feeling like pawns, and so we are not quite as helpless as you. We travel with monsters because we do not fear them. By helping us you in fact help yourself, and need not fear them either."

"Are you beginning to understand?"


Male Human Squire

For a moment, the young Timeon stares at you, leaving you believing he ponders your words. You realize the truth as soon as he opens his mouth. "But my goddess's hand reaches everywhere. It is my faith that protects me and keeps me safe. It is why I'm here." The thoughts of his goddess seem to strenghten his resolve. He begins to quote what can only be scripture.

Iomedae Scripture wrote:


"In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power, By Iomedae's light!!!


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"It is? Well in that case, we ought not insult your goddess by refusing the gift she has made to us, don't you think? Perhaps you'd be so kind as to climb up onto this table, and we can commence with your pending test of faith? You may pray for aid, and we will give her the opportunity to help you."


Male Human Squire

The squire quickly falls to his knees, the fear of the device clear in his eyes. "N-n-n-n-n-noooo, please don't I beg you. Don't make me get into that contraption, please I beg of you. Please spare me, I will tell you all I know!"

Dice:

FYI, that was for Xanos's intimidate check. 1d20 ⇒ 20


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos wasn't actually trying to be scary. More condescending and rhetorical. I guess he just can't help it, :)

"Oh, yes, feel free to educate us on the mysteries a mind such as yours must possess." Xanos says with a sigh before ignoring the wretch once again and looking for any clue as to how to get out of the room.


Male Human Squire

Condescending and rehtorical can be pretty intimidating...when there's a rack, an ogre, and Cain backing you up. And you did mention the rack ;p

The cowering man begins to search his memories, looking to find whatever information may keep him off the table. "T-the man, the one with the H-Hellfire. I w-was in his closet, l-listening to him and the witch. T-they were talking about d-down here. T-to the south and, um east I believe. M-metal s-snakes were there. A-and more, though n-not sure w-w-what he meant. He c-called it gr-gratification for l-lessons learned.

"T-then south of that one, a s-s-secret d-door across from some stairs h-hides a way out. That leads to a r-room of darkness, where light or m-movement calls a t-terrible scream to come out. A s-scream that calls the d-d-dead from a-another chamber.

"And Sir Eldon. H-he is here t-too. Poor S-sir Eldon. He was finally g-going to s-see his father again, Sir Balin. S-so much w-work, b-bringing d-down a bunch of A-Asmodeans..." He suddenly clamps his mouth shut with both hands, a terrified look in his eyes.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

And how did you and Sir Eldon come to be down here in this unpleasant place?


Male Human Squire

Hesitant to answer, a glance at the rack opens him up. "We...were traveling back to m-meet his father. H-he had j-just f-finished infiltrating a b-bunch of Asmodeans, m-most of 'em killed o-off. A c-couple w-were s-sent to Branderscar. The p-plan was to g-go m-meet Sir Balin, t-then head up to Balentyne, w-where I'm f-from. But w-we were ambushed, and I w-woke up here. I d-don't know where he is." The squire becomes crestfallen at the end, upset he doesn't know where this Sir Eldon is.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price shoots Cain a look - a portion of vengeance against their betrayer as well as their nemesis may be within grasp.

She turns her attention back to Timeon, "So the Witch and the Hellfire Man... did they mention, or have you seen, a pendant of sapphire and silver?"

Sense Motive (trying to figure out if Timeon is lying or withholding something) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

"Poor fool."

Shulme looks down upon the trembling squire, noting his moments of hesitation.

"It will go best for you if you hold nothing back from her. For if you do..."

The sorcerer smiles grimly.

"When your blood has blackened the old altars, and your shriveled soul wails in the courts of those who dwell beyond the stars, you would trade an eternity on the rack for one single moment's respite."

Intimidate (force opponent to act friendly)

1d1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Male Human Squire

"A-a pendant? T-they d-did not. I d-don't know of s-such a thing.

Price:
It doesn't seem so much that he's holding back as he's not certain what you need.

Dice:

1d20 ⇒ 7


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon continues his kindly old man act despite the fact that xanos and Shulme are making no attempt to be nice.

Tsk tsk, you are confusing the poor lad. My son, do not let my rather intense compangions scare you. While we are here on another, even more important task, I am over joyed to find Sir Eldon here. We have had not word of him since you were taken. I need you to calm yourself and answer my questions, and the questions of this nice lady. When did you last see Sir Eldon, and where. When you did, was he still armed our had he been disarmed. And was there anything else you noted since you have been here?


Male Human Squire

"T-the last time I s-saw him, w-we were escorting a p-prisoner to Branderscar. But the witch a-attacked us, t-the one she l-looked like. You're n-not r-r-really her, a-are you? H-he was still armed w-when I saw h-him, but I awoke here. I r-ran from the H-hellfire man and ended up hiding in h-his closet, w-where I overheard t-them. F-finally I e-ended up down here."


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

No, no, she was disguised as the witch. So you mean to say that you have not seen Sir Elson since you were taken? What else have you seen since you entered this light forsaken labyrinth.


Male Human Squire

"N-not much. I-I've been hiding here f-for t-three d-days." As if on queue, his stomache suddenly growls.


Sorry for the delay; work got crazy. I should be back to posting more evenly. Xzaral, I didn't think Cain was in hybrid form. But if you've been running on that being the case, i'd rather roll with it than retcon it.

Cain is happy to let Price -- and anyone else so inclined -- to do her work on the cowering man. They seemed to have it covered fairly well so far, anyway.


King of Talingarde

I had thought so as that was the mini being moved around on the map (both are on there, as well as both of Teon's forms). I moved them a tad closer if you want to swap out.


Ah. Okay, I'll pay more attention next time. I switched the tokens, and will be acting like Cain has been in human form the whole time... if that's okay with you. I'll pay more attention to the maps from here on out and will use the appropriate token. Thanks for making both available... it's very cool!


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Mark, is Timeon talking about the wipe-out/round-up that snared Price and Cain or is it another similar purge? I thought Balin led the one in which we were caught. From Timeon's answer, it sounds like they weren't with Balin on the raid he is describing... or am I reading that wrong?

"Unfortunately, we've got no food on us. But we'll see what we can do for you." Price steps back and considers the options while eyeing the inscription yet again.


King of Talingarde

To the best of your knowledge it was Sir Balin who had performed the capture of you two, but it could be the same one. You'd have to pry for further details to confirm.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price reckons that she'll be able to better determine if Elson was the architect of her group's downfall when she catches up to him - most likely somewhere further along in this rat's maze. Seeing no point in tipping her hand further to Timeon, she drops the subject.

"You've been quite helpful, young man. Thank you. We have to explore this deadly little maze a bit further. You are welcome to come with us or we'll come back for you when we are finished. The choice is yours. Anyone else have further questions for our friend here?"

We should probably search in his alcove for a hidden passage, but otherwise, it looks like we'll need to backtrack, search for secret passages in the extensive hallway and see where the road takes us.


King of Talingarde

There is another doorway to the east in the room that was all darkness. Is it not there (at work so can't load the map).


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

As the group filed out, Xanos looked back over his shoulder. "Your devotion to your goddess is remarkable, given your circumstances. Something to ponder, though; what if she was really no different that you? No better and no worse. What if the only difference between you and the object of your worship was scale? Imagine if an insect was praising your name while they suffered in a spider's web. What would you think? What would you do?"

With a shrug, he left. "So many flies and so many spiders."


Male Human Squire

"I-I'll just s-stay here. I-I'm fine." He seems to listen intently to Xanos's dialogue, though his response is not hopeful. "Y-yes s-sir, will d-do sir."

Sense Motive DC 10:
He's lying about staying put.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price smiles as if he stated his true intentions instead of a lie. "And where do you plan to go as soon as we leave? I'm just curious."

Sense Motive 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Male Human Squire

"N-n-nowhere, ma'am. I-I-I'll j-just s-stay h-here, I-I p-promise."


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon rumages in his pack and pulls out a trail ration, which he breaks in half. Make sure you keep that promise young man. It is far better to please Miss Price than it is to displease either of these two gentlemen. Teon gestures to Xanos and Shulme with the half trail ration. Just remember, our friends are those who help you. If someone can not help you, they are not much of a friend. Stay here. He hands the young man the partial ration.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price nods in Teon's directions. "I certainly can't disagree with what my tall friend has said. However, I would add another reason why it is in your interests to stay here. This entire complex is a death-trap. These halls and rooms contain hidden traps and monstrous horrors. We've already encountered a few of them. A man alone would find himself easy prey. If you want to gamble with your life - that is up to you."

Having said her peace, Price looks to towards the new door, ready to move on. "Mr. Cain, if you would please check the door..."


Cain gives the man one last look before nodding and shrugging himself from the wall where's he's been leaning. He picks up the morningstar, on his way to the un-opened door -- re-setting it on his waist as he pulls his bow back out.

Out of habit, he gives the door a quick trap inspection before pressing his ear against it, giving Price the opportunity to do the same. Then (if nothing is heard by himself or Price), he gives the team a chance to get set before he pulls it open.

Perception (for traps) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13.
Perception (ear at door) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10.

Proactive Perception block for next hall/room:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Perception (door) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Perception #1 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Perception #2 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Perception #3 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Perception #4 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Perception #5 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


King of Talingarde

The hallway leads north and east to another doorway, upon which lies the inscription...

Inscription wrote:
“The chosen are revealed by their might. The weak deserve no sympathy.”

No traps to be found, the doorway is opened to reveal the form of three mithril snakes, cobras by the hoods. Some form of construct, they begin to raise lazily as the doorway is opened.

You all can place yourselves at the doorway as you see fit, then you each have a surprise round before actual inish starts.

Inish
Shulme
Mithril Cobras
Xanos
Teon
Cain
Price
Grumblejack

Dice:

Cain 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Price 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Shulme 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Teon 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Xanos 1d20 ⇒ 16
Grumblejack 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Mithril Cobras 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


King of Talingarde

Map Linke


Location updated on map.

Cain snaps off a arrow.

Shoot F28
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
---> Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

FWIW, Mark, Price gained Cunning Initiative at 2nd level so her Initiative is +7 now.

Price eyes the metallic snakes, certain this is going to be an ugly battle. She wracks her memory for any knowledge of these creatures, their strengths and weaknesses. Price waits to see the assembled team in the hallway before casting a spell.

FREE? - Size up the Snakes
STAND - Cast Bless (with the whole team in range)

Knowledge: Arcana 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 5 = 20 Monster Lore

Bless
RANGE: Allies w/in 50'
DURATION: 1 Min/level
EFFECT: +1 ATT & Fear saves (Morale)


King of Talingarde

Doh, sorry. Updated my info for it. Though oddly enough it doesn't change the order. Must be the dice gawds at work.

Price:
These Mithril Cobras are tough creatures, difficult to harm and resistant to a variety of attacks (High AC, DR 5/-, SR 13). Their bite also has a paralytic poison.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price growls, "We may be hard-pressed unless we can flank or isolate them. They are quick, carry a paralytic poison, and resist weapons and spells."

High AC, DR 5/-, SR 13 gents... we may need to get clever tactically.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Then they must not strike us. Mage armor Stay behind Cain and myself as much as possible

Status:

HP 18/18 THP 20/21
AC 21 T 11 FF 20
CMD 17 FF 16
F/R/W +1/+1/+3
Spells
1 2/3
Eidelon, Eidelon at -1 Con, Bless, Mage Armor


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price steps aside to let the big man pass, "After you."


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

You know what snakes can't deal with at all? Being in sacks. Wonder what a Mithril Cobra's CMD is...

"Lure them forth. When one comes through, Grab it behind the neck and shut the door. Drop it into one of the bags Grumblejack carries, and tie it off. Unless those hoods are bladed they will be helpless, and we will have bags full of metal snakes."

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,573 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.