Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment

Game Master Xzaral

Way of the Wicked by Fire Mountain Games

Roll20

Battlemat


1,001 to 1,050 of 2,573 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

King of Talingarde

Cain's morningstar descends upon the orb, causing the sphere to shatter beneath the blow. Daylight shines in the room as the Darkness disappears entirely. The mist recoils slightly in the light.

Shulme's spear strikes the creature, causing some injury as it descends back into it's sub-ground lair.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos simply watches for the moment.

Delaying my action on account of being all kinds of useless right now. My best option is a scroll of magic missile.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon takes a five foot step to O15 and drops his torch on the grate. Ready an action to bite the mist if it comes out.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price slides far into the room, daylight coming with her. "Cain, are you up for checking the doors and popping locks? I'll guard you as best I can. If we're going to fight this creature, I'd rather we do it on our terms - where it can't hide easily."

[/ooc]Price will ready a strike if the creature comes in range.[/ooc]

~ Round 1 ~
MOVE: Toward East Door
STAND: Ready Action - Bash

Rolls:
Laughing Demon (20/x2)
HIT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
DAM: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Status:
HP: 18 / 18
1st Spells (4): xxxx
Daylight (1): -
Judgment (1): x
Effects: None


Male Devil-blooded Ogre

Hearing Shulme, Grumblejack comes into the room, weapon in hand. "Grumblejack smash enemies."

Double move into room.

Inish
Shulme
Red Mist
Xanos
Teon
Price
Cain
Grumblejack

Back to the top with Shulme, then the mist.

The Map


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Mark, can this Mist attack us through the floor? Have we hit this thing at all?

"If we stay close together, we'll have a better chance to hit this thing! Call out if you need healing."


King of Talingarde

At this point it's been hit by your Alchy fire's splash damage (which did burn it, and caused it to recoil slightly), and from Shulme's spear (which has blood on it from the creature). And no, it has to come out to attack, so it does provoke when it moves back (though not coming out due to the cover).


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos sighs, opens his new book to the back and reads a scroll. In a rush of purple flame it vanishes and Xanos points a bolt of purple light toward the mist creature.

Scroll of Magic Missile.

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

This attack cost 3 gold per point of damage.


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Better than that 1-damage alchemist's fire!

Shulme hisses a commanding, sibilant word, and his blood ceases to flow.

He watches the floor with a baleful gaze, waiting for the creature to reappear.

Cure light wounds. I am presuming that as bleed damage it recurs each turn until you heal it?

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


King of Talingarde

I just had to look that up Shulme, and actually you are correct. At the start of Cain's action he will take 1d6 additional bleed damage unless someone wants to heal him first. I won't add retroactive damage since that might have changed actions, but it will play a role from now on.

Xanos's bolt streaks out and strikes the creature, a solid hit. The red mist once again rises, choosing to assault Price this time before moving into a different hole further away. Price swings at the creature, connecting with it and leaving her weapon covered in blood. Grumblejack too takes a swing, but misses the creature while avoiding others with his swing. "Grumblejack think red cloud sneaky."

EDIT: The creature hit's Price for 1 bleed damage, and 2 Constitution damage.

I'll need AoOs from Price, Cain and Teon. Price took her readied attack, and Grumblejack took his AoO.

Inish
Shulme
Red Mist
Xanos
Teon
Price
Cain
Grumblejack

Dice:

VMvP 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
VM B 1d6 ⇒ 1
VM C 1d3 ⇒ 2
VM H 1d8 ⇒ 7
GJ AoO 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
GJ D 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 4, 3) + 9 = 20
Hachi


King of Talingarde
Pathfinder PRD wrote:


Bleed: A creature that is taking bleed damage takes the listed amount of damage at the beginning of its turn. Bleeding can be stopped by a DC 15 Heal check or through the application of any spell that cures hit point damage (even if the bleed is ability damage). Some bleed effects cause ability damage or even ability drain. Bleed effects do not stack with each other unless they deal different kinds of damage. When two or more bleed effects deal the same kind of damage, take the worse effect. In this case, ability drain is worse than ability damage.

And just an FYI, the Constitution damage isn't a bleed effect.


AoO - two handed morningstar
Attack 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 1 = 7
---> damage 1d8 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 3 + 1 = 11

As to the bleed damage. When it's come in games for me so far, we've treated it like whatever amount of bleed damage was originally rolled was the bleed damage the person took every round. So, for instance (and this is how I adjudicated it this last round for Cain), since you rolled a 1 for his bleed damage, Cain took that damage immediately, thn I also had him take 1 more at the top of his next round. Let me know if that's not how you want to play it.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price swears in a highly unladylike fashion as she fails to connect with the escaping Mist.

AoO Laughing Demon (20/x2)
HIT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Swing... and a miss
DAM: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Status:
HP: 17 / 18
CON: 9 / 11
1st Spells (4): xxxx
Daylight (1): -
Judgment (1): x
Effects: None


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

AoO 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

I should also have a readied action to bite it. If I do, here it is. I thought I posted this last night before going to bed, but forgot to hit post after previewing. Sorry.

Bite 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


King of Talingarde

Ah, sorry, you did. Missed it.

The creature nimbly dodges all the attacks that come at it, though Teon comes close twice. If not for it's sudden increase in speed after feeding, it may well have hit.

And you all are up for actions now.


With a frustrated growl, Cain disengages from the fight. He dashes to the northern door, dropping his morningstar on the ground next to him as he gives a quick inspection for traps or dangers, also checking to see if it's locked.

~~~ Round 2 ~~~
Another 1 pt. of damage from bleed.
Move: to N16.
Free: drop morningstar
Standard: search for listen at door/search for traps/check if it's locked? Even if the door is unlocked, he won't open it until he's listened at it.)

rolls:
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20.

Status:
HP 18/21 w/ con damage 16/19
AC 18 T 14 FF 14
CMD 20 FF 16
F/R/W +3/+7/+3
Effects/Conditions Wolf Potion (24 hours); 2 con damage; 1 bleed dmg/round


King of Talingarde

Cain:
There are no ear seekers, brain slugs, or traps on this door that you are able to find. The complex barring system does make it a full-round action to unlock though.


DM Mark:
Then can Cain begin his disarm attempt on that same standard action? If not, he'll start it on the next round. If so...
Disable Device 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25.


King of Talingarde

Cain:
It's not actually locked, just barred. No roll is required, just the action to open it. I just mistyped above. The last line should be...

The correct line wrote:
The complex barring system does make it a full-round action to open it though.


Cool. Then I'll start that at the beginning of the next round (unless something else comes up)... I'd think the look for traps would take some kind of action, and standard is all I had available. :)


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

OK, so how are we doing bleed effects? Should I knock off another 1 HP from Price or is it a 1d6 roll? Should I be subtracting additional HP due to her CON drop?

Price moves to the other door, drops her mace, and unbars it as well.

~ Round 2 ~
MOVE: To doorway
FREE: Drop Mace
STAND: Unbar door

If unbarring the door is a Full Round action and I can't split it into two Standards, then I'll move to the door, retain the Mace, and Ready an attack to strike the Mist if it appears close-by.

Status:
HP: 17 / 18
CON: 9 / 11
1st Spells (4): xxxx
Daylight (1): -
Judgment (1): x
Effects: None


King of Talingarde

Unbarring is full round, 1 person only. Two people won't make it go faster. As far as bleed, you take that much damage each round at the start of your turn as you originally took. It's a DC15 heal check to stop it, or cure any HP damage. Con damage will lower current AND max HP, so take that into account as well.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

I'm not at Cain's door. So, if I read you correctly, since I can't unbar the door on the same round I move, I may as well use my STAND as a readied attack.

Price growls in frustration, debating whether to pass judgment on the creature.

~ Round 2 (Modified) ~
MOVE: To doorway
STAND: Ready Attack

Rolls:
Laughing Demon (20/x2)
HIT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
DAM: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Status:
NORM HP: 16 / 18
[ooc]CURRENT HP: 14 / 16
CON: 9 / 11
1st Spells (4): xxxx
Daylight (1): -
Judgment (1): x
Effects: None


King of Talingarde

Cain and Price went, still waiting on Xanos, Shulme and Teon.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Do I have another turn this round? My readied action went off.


King of Talingarde

A Readied action moves you in the initiative order directly before what it was that you readied against. So yes, you would indeed have another action.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Well in that case...

Teon snarls and charges the mist. He imbues his fangs with the power. Arcane Strike

Bite 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19 Damage 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Delaying again. If it's still alive after all the bruisers swing I'll burn my other Magic Missile scroll.


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Shulme moves forward, spear at the ready.

Ready attack - I think it is under cover at the moment right now, no? If not, this can be a standard attack. Either way, flanking with Price.

Readied:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


King of Talingarde

The red mist attempts to come out from it's hole once again, this time choosing Teon as it's victim. A sudden strike at the young man, and he feels his own blood being sucked out. Bleed damage 5, Con damage 1.

Once again taking the opportunity to retreat down it's hole, it suffers the attacks of Teon, Shulme and Price. The flurry of strikes severly hurts the creature, which seems to cry out in a foreign voice*. It attempts to retreat back down into the floor.

AoOs available still, Price, Shulme and Teon. I took listed attacks as readied actions. Also Xanos can use his scroll if he chooses.

Aklo*:
The pain, the hunger!

Map, I will be updating with next hallway shortly.

Dice:

VMvT 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
VM B 1d6 ⇒ 5
VM C 1d3 ⇒ 1
VM H 1d8 ⇒ 8


Male Devil-blooded Ogre

Oh yea, Grumblejack's Readied and AoO as well. Well, those were both whiffs, though powerful ones.

Dice:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 5) + 9 = 16
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 5) + 9 = 16


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

AoO Arcane strike is still in effect. Bite 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Damage 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

We need to end this. If I grab it, can the rest of you kill it?

Does it seem like it could be grappled? I am not sure how solid this mist is

Status:

HP 18/18 THP 16/21
AC 17 T 11 FF 16
CMD 17 FF 16
F/R/W +1/+1/+3
Eidelon, Eidelon at -1 Con


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos whispers harshly in the same sinister tongue

Aklo:

"Continue this and we will kill you. Do you hunger bad enough to die for it? Help us and we will see to it you never hunger again."


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price tries to smash the creature through the holes in the floor.

AoO Laughing Demon (20/x2)
HIT: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18 Flanking
DAM: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


King of Talingarde

The creature suddenly cries out in pain in the same language*, it's body beginning to disperse. As you watch from Teon's and Price's attacks, the creature suddenly spills out in a bloody mess, covering the floors, splatters on the walls, as well as nearby creatures. The trails and droplets continue to pour into the holes in the floor, a few solid masses remaining above ground.

The creature is not grappleable (it doesn't even have a CMD listed to be honest.

Aklo:
Need Sustenance, Nooooo!!!

Heal DC15:
The creature is NOT dead. It is merely in the negatives, though hurt badly. A coup de grace on the solid masses above ground could finish it.


King of Talingarde

For when you are ready to move ahead, just to get it up. Let me know what you do with the Mist. Also just to clarify, Price is appearing as Tiadora, Teon is an old man, and no one has Asmodeus symbols displayed, correct?

This passage leads to another room, the expected inscription reading...

Inscription wrote:
“Cruelty is a tool not a pastime. Be ruthless to thy enemy but reward those who serve thee well.”

In the room you can find a Rack dominating the center of the room. Nothing else obvious is in sight.

The Map


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon is wearing the symol around his neck. Heal 1d20 ⇒ 16

I think it is faking. Coup de grace, Arcane strike 2d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 + 2 = 12


Cain is his normal (human) self; asmodeus symbol not visible.
Heal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11.

After throwing open the new door, Cain gives the new area -- and it's inscription -- a quick glance. As he watches the large demon do in the mist monster, he still seems to be bleeding. "Price... Shulme... one of you two wanna do something about this bleeding?"

Cain is still taking bleed damage. I'll assume someone gives him a hit from the wand... 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5... Bleeding stopped.

He waits to see if anyone is going to give the current room a closer inspection before he turns to look at the new room with its ominously lonely rack, "We ready to move in here?"

When folks are ready to move on...

New room perception block:
Perception x5
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Just a minute Lesser Rejuvenate Eidelon 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Status:

HP 18/18 THP 20/21
AC 17 T 11 FF 16
CMD 17 FF 16
F/R/W +1/+1/+3
Spells
1 2/3
Eidelon, Eidelon at -1 Con


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

"You aren't the only one still bleeding, friend. Give me a moment." She wraps a strip of cloth across the bloody slashes on her legs.

Heal (on Mist) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Heal (stop bleeding) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

I'd suggest we do an immediate heal-up and stop bleeding thing before we press on. Also, are we doing the Wand of CLW correctly? It requires a 5th level caster to create a wand. Assuming the wand maker is also the cleric putting in the spell, shouldn't that be 1d8+5 healing?

Opting to save her spells, Price taps herself with the wand as well.

CLW 1d8 ⇒ 7+ X?


King of Talingarde

While the Craft Wand feat does require 5th level, the actual wand formula is Spell Level x Caster Level x 750gp, and is made at the minimum caster level for the spell in question. So in this case a Cure Light Wound wand would be Caster Level 1 for 750gp.

Now you could make it all the way up to Caster Level 5, but it would increase the cost as well up to 3,750gp for 1d8+5 healing.

The curious part is spells on multiple lists. For example, Lesser Restoration is a 2nd level cleric spell, but 1st level paladin spell. Thus for a wand (or potion or scroll), it should be purchased at Caster Level 1 as a 1st level spell, but to craft it depends on the class of the crafter. So you can usually buy them for 750 RAW, but generally Paladin's don't have Craft Wand, so it'd be a cleric with the feat making it for Spell Level 2, Caster Level 3, x 750gp; or 4500gp halved for creation costs to 2250gp.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Ooof! That makes my head hurt. :) Either way, that '7' roll puts me back to max (well my reduced max due to CON damage.

OK, is anyone still down points? I'd rather run into the next encounter with everyone doing as well as possible.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos makes a risking sound as Teon strikes the downed creature, then looks toward the other door while the rest heal their injuries.


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Shulme stands ready, a spell on his lips, in case any of his companions cannot tend to their own wounds.

I think that was everyone who was bleeding, right? If not, this will turn into a healing spell


King of Talingarde

Teon's strike deals a fatal blow to the mist, ending it's existence.

Cain's search of the room to the north uncovers nothing unusual.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price lends her eyes to the Rack Room after chuckling at the inscription. "What the hell is this - a diabolic finishing school? Ten Practices of Highly Effective Evil Leaders?"

She searches the room starting with the rack and moving on to the wall - hoping to find more secret doors.

Perception #1 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Perception #2 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Perception #3 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Perception #4 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Perception #5 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Male Human Squire

A search of the room reveals a hidden doorway in the southwest corner of the room. No traps to be found, opening the doorway reveals a young man, dressed in a chain shirt and a dirty tabard*. The young man is unarmed and obviously afraid. He looks over your group, eyes settling on the Asmodean symbol adorning Teon's neck. "Asmodeans. Y-you w-will not t-take me a-alive!" His voice stutters and breaks as he speaks, desparately looking around for a weapon even as he cowers in the corner of the small 10x10 room.

Can't update map, at work now and helping a friend move after.

Knowledge Nobility DC10:
The crest on the tabard denotes him as a squire.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price gives him a disarming smile and a tea-party voice. "Gracious! We have no plans to 'take you' at all, young man. But we would like to chat with you like civilized people. If you've got some useful information, we'll leave you in peace. Doesn't that sound better than a whole bunch of screaming and dying?"

Diplo 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Shulme examines the inscription, and glances at the rack and shaking squire.

"Very subtle." he murmurs wryly to Xanos.


Male Human Squire

"Y-you may think y-your clever you witch! I remember you, woman! You were with the man throwing Hellfire, flying around!! Iomedae will s-save me, even in d-d-death! W-what have you d-done with Sire Eldon?"

Knowledge (Nobility) DC 20:
The name Sir Eldon is the name of the son of Sir Balin of Karfield, and up and coming knight who has shown his skill several times.

1,001 to 1,050 of 2,573 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.