Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment

Game Master Xzaral

Way of the Wicked by Fire Mountain Games

Roll20

Battlemat


901 to 950 of 2,573 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon tries again to throw off the wolf.

Grapple 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23

Exerting himself, Teon manages to throw the wolf off.


Round 3

The wolf rolls with the momentum of the demon's throw, hitting the ground in a roll and retreating in a circular pattern. As he nears the wall, the wolf pulls out the nearest weapon at-hand… a blunted sparring falchion.

Move: Move to a weapon's rack, tumbling through Teon's threatened reach.
Standard: Draw a sparring Falchion.
.
Acro (to tumble) DC= Teon's CMD • 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15.

Status:
HP 21/21 Currently 23/23
AC 14 T14 FF 10
CMD 21 FF 17
F/R/W +4/+8/+3
Effects/Conditions Wolf Potion (24 hours), Werewolf form


Teon, there's that AoO you've been wanting. :D


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

The wolf rolls clumsily away and Teon Snaps at him as he does, but his fans only slash the air near above the wolf.

AoO bite 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Moving Close enough to bite again, but outside the reach of the falshion, Teon bites again. But again he misses.

Bite 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 these rolls are killing me. Good thing Cain is not.

Status:

HP 18/18 THP 21/21
AC 19 Touch 9 FF 19
CMD 18 FF 18
F/R/W +1/+1/+3
Effects/Conditions Eidelon (Teon), Mage Armor, Enlarge Person


Round 4 (dang… 18 seconds and no damage!)

CLACK!

The wolf's blunted blade bounces off the demon's thick hide, and the wolf retreats once again. Circling warily, golden eyes on the demon's claws and teeth as his growl gains a frustrated edge.

Standard: Falchion.
Move: Move away (Tumbling first 2 squares)
.
Falchion 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 15; FE, PA.
---> Damage 2d4 + 7 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 + 2 + 3 = 15.
.
Acro 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6.

Status:
HP 21/21 Currently 23/23
AC 18 T 14 FF 10
CMD 21 FF 16
F/R/W +4/+7/+3
Effects/Conditions Wolf Potion (24 hours), Werewolf form


Geez! You're not the only one! :(


King of Talingarde

Have fun with this if you want ;p


Updated Cain's position on the map... thanks, Mark!


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

The wolf makes it clear that he favors a hit and run stratagy and Teon tries to make him pay, but his bite misses again.

AoO Bite 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Teon chases after, staying ten feet away, and biting. He releases his magic into the strike Arcane Strike

Bite 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Damage 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

This time fangs meet fur and then flesh as he scores the wolf's shoulder.

Status:

HP 18/18 THP 21/21
AC 19 Touch 9 FF 19
CMD 18 FF 18
F/R/W +1/+1/+3
Effects/Conditions Eidelon (Teon), Mage Armor, Enlarge Person


Round 5

.. eliciting a barking yelp. The wolf returns the bite with a flurry of attacks of his own, stepping in to deliver a vicious sideways slash of the sword with a darting bite.

Full attack.
.
Sparring Falchion 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 23; FE, PA.
---> Damage 2d4 + 7 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3) + 7 + 2 + 3 = 16
.
Bite 1d20 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 2 - 1 = 18; FE, PA.
---> Bite 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 8.

Status:
HP 15/23
AC 18 T 14 FF 10
CMD 21 FF 17
F/R/W +4/+7/+3
Effects/Conditions Wolf Potion (24 hours), Werewolf form


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon dodges the bite, but the Falchion catches him in the side. Not allowing the wound the slow him, he finaly unleashes us full furry against the wolf

Arcane Strike

Bite 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Claw 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Claw 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Conecting with both bite and one claw, Teon rips at his foe.

Bite 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Claw 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12

Forgot the strength increase from Enlarge last round.

Teon steps back as the wolf goes limp.

Status:

HP 18/18 THP 5/21
AC 19 Touch 9 FF 19
CMD 18 FF 18
F/R/W +1/+1/+3
Effects/Conditions Eidelon (Teon), Mage Armor, Enlarge Person


Yah, i was /facepalm-ing the second i hit submit on the full attack. I should have continued hit-and-running.
This is about what i expected considering lack of armor on my part. But impressive, nonetheless.

The half-wolf hits the mat... hard. It's obvious that had the demon been out for blood, the wolf would be bleeding out. As it is, his heavy breathing is steady, sparring sword lying a few feet from his outstretched hand.

Sooooo... someone got a healing draught? :)


Male Half Elf (AC: 15|11|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3| Wil:+5- Per:+2Init:+3)

You could not have anyway. My being ten feet out meant you had to five foot step to hit me. You could not have moved away after that. Full attacking was your best option. Plus, if you had moved away, I would have healed myself and come after you after that. The best part about synthasist is the options. I was feeling your favored enemy though.


Moving ooh strategy discussion to DIscussion thread.


Male Human

Since it's sparring, you'll recover all damage after a couple minutes rest.

The two individuals in the room have ceased their own sparring in the interest of watching your own match. Teon finally besting Cain, Dostan gives a small clap. "Good match." With his words spoken, he returns his own weapon to the rack, taking care to inspect it, looking at Trik to do the same.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Indeed, good sparing. I look forward to when we use our skills together


Cain sits up, his body quickly reverting with the sickening pops and cracks of bones, muscles, and skin re-orienting to their human form. As it completes, Cain shakes his head to clear it. "Should be fun. One thing, though… next time we spar, you share the trickery before-hand. This doubling up your defenses then growin' all big is for the birds. 'Less I get to, also, of course."

The tall hunter stands catching his breath for a few minutes, and he picks up the blade he'd fought with. "Huh. Never fought with one like this before. I like the balance on it. Feels vicious. Gonna have to get me one."

Cain tosses the wooden weapon back onto the rack (where it clatters noisily to the floor) before picking back up his shirt and boots. He seems back to 100% as he turns back to Teon, "I think thats good. Unless you have more tricks you're just achin' to show off… in which case I say we get those two to be the victims." His grin over at Dostan and the half-elf is good-natured.

Good times. I was hoping to fish out a crit, but alas…


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

No, I think we both have a good respect for each other abilities. It will be good to know what each of us can do before we must do it.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price puts down the needlepoint she was quietly working on in the corner while they fought and claps politely. "Well done, gentlemen. Fargo, you have clearly grown in your skills. And, as always, Cain, it is a joy to watch you work."


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

After the contract is signed and sealed Shulme vanishes back to his room, not to be seen by the others for some time. In the meanwhile, all that can be seen of the sorcerer is an occasional dark figure at the window, watching the sky.


Female Human

On the third day of your rest from the escape, Tiadora comes to each of you separately. She comes with a servant, bearing the items requested with two additional gifts.

"This first item is an Iron Circlet. It allows the wearer to alter their appearance, within certain limits. Truly a useful tool, as it will help to cover the brands on your arms, as well as disguise your appearance. Do not forget, you are all still wanted criminals. I suggest you come up with aliases.

"The next gift is a symbol to our Lord and Patron, Asmodeus." The item in question is a silver holy symbol. "Do with it as you will."

With that, Tiadora takes her leave.

Detect Magic and Spellcraft DC 16 on the Iron Circlet:

Iron Circlet
Aura faint illusion; CL 1st
Slot head; Price 1,800 gp; Weight –
DESCRIPTION
This circlet of wrought iron alters itself to comfortably fit any
wearer. It allows the wearer to alter their appearance as with
a disguise self spell. As part of the disguise, the circlet can be
changed to appear as any sort of hat, headgear, or hairstyle the
wearer desires.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, disguise self; Cost 900 gp


Male Human

After the three days have passed, you are once again summoned before Cardinal Thorn. Brought up the stairs by Tiadora, you are brought to a different room on the third floor. Entering the room, you see a large maze has been constructed in the middle of the room, which Thorn currently looks down upon. Inside, a mouse is navigating the maze, it's goal apparently the piece of cheese in the middle.

“Have you enjoyed your gifts? The iron circlets allow you to move amongst your enemies as one of them. The silver amulets will remind you of your true loyalties. For those who choose to acknowledge that, at least. And the other items – well, you need them now.

“You have done well to escape from Branderscar and to accept my offer. However, you are still not ready for my service. Tiadora will lead you to the basement of this domicile. There you will find nine chambers each more dangerous than the last. Somewhere hidden within these chambers is a pendant of silver and sapphire. Recover the pendant and bring it to me. Let nothing and no one stand in your way.

"You may consder this an amusement on my part, like watching a mouse seek a piece of cheese. I wish to ensure you that it is not. You have suffered betrayals, sufferings, and setbacks. And you have only begun to work together. I wish to strengthen the bond you share. And what better way than this trial. How you choose to meet this trial, that is up to you. I don't need mice to serve me." As you watch, the mouse finally arrives at it's goal, only to have a snake hidden from view lash out and devour the small creature. "The Iomedaens will have no mercy for you. The only trust you can have is with each other, and with myself. You don't have to believe it.

He stands up and looks out of the manor house window across the grey moor. “It’s almost dusk. You have until dusk tomorrow to bring me my prize. Do not fail me.” Cardinal Thorn takes a seat at his desk.

Tiadora arrives right on cue. “This way,” is all she says.


Female Human

Tiadora leads them to a set of stairs leading to the basement. “Below you will find the Nine Lessons.” She leaves without any further explanation.

Going down the stairs, you find an archway leading to an unfurnished room. Atop the archway is inscribed the following:

Inscription wrote:
Deception is a tool. Self-deception is death. Deceive always thy enemy but never thyself.

Two torches at the entrance light this chamber. A doorway can be seen on the East wall.

The Map

If you want to do anything or ask anything between all these posts, just let me know.


Male Half Elf (AC: 15|11|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3| Wil:+5- Per:+2Init:+3)

Fargo presses his fingers together. I trust no one minds if I put on my game face and he begins to chant.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon draws and then loads his crossbow. Are there any other preparations to make? Without knowing what we face, we can not plan. I propose, however, that I walk in front.


Cain is quiet throughout the summoning and the meeting, his demeanor changing. The hard-edge quips of the past few days being eclipsed by a mask of arrow-tip focus... or maybe the jokes are the mask. Either way, they get all the way down to the trials without a word. 

His attention seems to be focused on a thorough triple-inspection of all his new gear. Only finally shrugging the final piece in place after being absolutely certain it will perform to his standard in a tight spot. 

You wouldn't have thought he even registered Fargo and Teon's words except for his off-handed response. The joke is his usual fare, but his tone is subdued... a taut bowstring. "I'm actually beginnin to prefer Teon's face, anyway."

When Teon suggests taking point, Cain shakes his head as he draws his bow, his muscles cording as he tests its pull for the tenth time. "Those stompers you call feet will guarantee they know we're coming... whatever 'they' are. I'll scout. I can always come runnin back if there's trouble."


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

As you wish


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Price tries the circlet on and becomes a slender blonde, the circlet transforming into a veil. "Let's keep an eye open for tricks and traps - particularly on doors and potentially false doors. No sense scouting a room until we've checked it thoroughly. Cain, if you'd care to do the honors." She indicates the door into the testing area.

So I'm thinking we run Detect Magic and any other nifty spells we have full time as well as physical checks.


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

An intrigueing idea. I am assuming that Price explains how to use the circlets. I have no spellcraft. If you want me to run DM, tell me in character, Fargo would probably not think of it himself the first time.

Teon sets the circlet on his head and seems to shrink into a wizened old human, with a long beard and dark blue robes covered in strange reflective symbols. The circlet becomes a pointed hat covered in the same and bearing the flame run from Teon's forehead. The crossbow appears to be a staff and his morningstar shrinks to a belt knife.


Cain moves forward, giving Price and Teon's new appearance a quick look, "You two thinking' we're gonna need disguises down here?" He listens for an answer as he begins meticulously searching the floors, walls, and ceilings for any signs of plates, wires, traps, or triggers. Price, is your plan to stick with Cain and scan for magic as we go? Or would you prefer Cain to go first in search of mundane traps, with magic detection coming up afterwards? I would love to have magic detection pretty close to Cain, but I understand not wanting to put two bodies potentially on near proximity to traps.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21.

As he works, he mutters, "Anyone else notice that the mouse got eaten after it found its prize?"

Mark, your post indicates that its been 3 days. So my wolf potion is two-days past spent, right? So I'm assuming Cain knows that wolf form isn't attainable at this time?


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

I was figuring all the casty types would scan everything first then Cain could do the mundane stuff.

"I just wanted to test the circlet. No time like the present, they say."


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos has been reclusive and quiet since the contract was signed. He simply follows. He wears neither the circlet nor the holy symbol.

Upon reaching the door to the nine tests he remains in the back and waits.


King of Talingarde

Sorry, Cardinal Thorn would have given you another vial for use. I just forgot in all the typing.


King of Talingarde

If you are disguised in any way, let me know as what, and what the disguise is. Also if you are visibly wearing any symbols to Asmodeus, let me know. Also since several rooms have several items in them, when you roll Perception checks to search, give me five rolls. I'll be noting items down in order, any checks beyond the first will be wasted, but keeps the mystery. I'm handwaving that for this room to keep it moving.

No magical auras outside the expected can be seen emanating from this room. A run through by Cain reveals the presence of two secret doors to be found, one in the north and one in the south.

In addition, a trap can be found located on the door to the west, though you were unable to get high enough to divine it's nature.


King of Talingarde

Reposting map URL


Outsider (AC: 22|12|20- For:+5| Rex:+6| Wil:+7- Per:+2Init:+3)

Teon is disguised as noted and is wearing the holy symbol around his neck.

Edit: I did not realize we have grumble jack.


King of Talingarde

I only placed him if you want to take him. If you don't, just click and delete.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price considers briefly and then takes on the appearance of Tiadora. She looks to the men, "I'd suggest at least one of you disguise yourself as the Cardinal. If he's got a pet down here, it might provide an edge."

Price will not leave out the silver holy symbol unless she saw Tiadora openly wearing one.

Perception #1 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Perception #2 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Perception #3 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Perception #4 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Perception #5 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

I'm in favor of keeping GJ in the back rank. An armed, armored, and fully powered up diabolic ogre is a great back-up.


King of Talingarde

Tiadaora was not wearing one. Also confused Perception and Disable, Cain would know that the trap on the east door is a pit trap, which can be verified by Price.

Price's own search of the room reveals no further goodness besides the two secret doors and the trap on the third.


Percep +4. Init +8 -- Hp 50/50. AC 18, t12, ff16. Fort+4, Ref+4, Will+6

Shulme-Silule leans on his spear, dressed again in plain black. The circlet is hanging by his waist, not in use at the moment. The holy symbol of Asmodeus is nowhere to be seen.

He frowns in concentration for a moment.

"There is no magic here other than our own."

He glances sideways at Cain as the other man speaks.

"That is worth keeping in mind."


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

So... North door or South, guys? Or check them both and then decide where to go next?


Sorry, getting things moving again. No disguise on Cain unless others request it, though I'm tempted to give him a wicked long, handlebar mustache. :D

Cain quickly points out the edges of the pit trap followed by a warning about the door beside it. "Can't quite figure how the door's trapped, though. Best to avoid it until we know we need to use it."

Without seeming rhyme or reason, the lean hunter heads to the north door, pressing his ear to it. He motions Price to do the same. Perception - for traps or for what's on the other side 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12.

Once he feels he's gleaned all he can without actually opening the northern door, he crosses the room to do the same to the south. Perception - for traps or for what's on the other side 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10.

EDIT: Eesh.. less than stellar rolls.


As he listens at the doors, Cain fishes another vial out of his belt pouch, giving it a sniff before holding it up for Price. "Thorn gave me another one of these. Will you check this one, too? Still don't fully trust this stuff, though the last one did what he said it would, so far as I can tell."

Perception and Heal checks to see if Cain can detect anything harmful in the vial...hoping Price can help him out, too.
Heal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14.


King of Talingarde

Cain, you hear...:
NOTHING! Also no traps.


Cain shakes his head at each door, waiting to see if Price hears anything.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price takes the potion bottle without comment and sniffs it, trying to detect anything different in this one. Given the Cardinal's spider-like methods, she is skeptical he would try to lace the Cain's potion at this point in the game. If detected, it would erode any fragile trust being built. While considering the nuances of the potion, she hands the vial back and listens at the doors.

Perception (Potion) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Perception (North Door) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Perception (South Door) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


King of Talingarde

Price:
You detect nothing unusual from the potion besides the hint of blood from it.

You hear nothing from either door as well.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price indicates the bottle and both doors with a glance, "Nothing seems out of sorts."

Pop the South door first since we are down there? Then we can do a magical scan followed by a physical one.


Cain nods, pocketing the vial and allowing Price to get into position before opening the south door -- bow held in front of him.

Perception checks (5)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Actually, let's have him slug the potion before opening the door. :)
We only have 24 hours to complete this trial, after all. Anything you need from me, Xzaral?

901 to 950 of 2,573 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.