Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment

Game Master Xzaral

Way of the Wicked by Fire Mountain Games

Roll20

Battlemat


651 to 700 of 2,573 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Cain sticks to Price's tail as they sneak further upward, bow in hand and eyes alert. (Basically, he would be trying to watch for triggers, traps, or other dangers -- knowing that at least some of her attention will have to be split into concentrating on her Detect Magic spell as she moves forward.

Let us know if you want additional stealth/perception rolls beyond what we rolled up-front.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

My talents. the big man thought with only a hint of his inner frustration showing on his masked face. They are not what they used to be, that is certain.

Then something changed in him, the moment of self-depreciation and humanity reminding him of some kind of deep conviction. His shoulders squared and his eyes narrowed. He nodded to Cain.

"Indeed."


King of Talingarde

Gonna make some assumptions to move you all along on planning, hope you don't mind.

Ascending to the second floor of the tower, you come to a spacious library, a room dedicated to learning. Or so one would think. A perusal of the libraries contents show the vast majority of these tomes are the “penny dreadfuls”. These poorly printed compilations of lurid tales range across the whole gamut of adventure genres. However, the one genre over-represented is bawdy tales featuring amply endowed young maidens in grave peril. This collection is of no real value.

There is one section of books that may be of some use. In the more scholarly section, there are fifty five books on subjects ranging from magical theory, history and astronomy. Fifty two of these are common books and tomes worth an average of 3 gp and each weighing a pound. However, three of them are very valuable:

Knowledge Arcana DC 15 or Appraise DC 20:

“Astra Mysterii” A rare treatise on astrology written by the mad monk Clivarus, worth 75 gp.

Knowledge Geography DC 15 or Appraise DC 20:

“The Travels of Titus the Mendicant” by Artus Vellor. A valuable first edition of a popular title published before the author was well known, this book would fetch 120 gp amongst collectors.

Knowledge Nature DC 20 or Appriase DC 20:

“The Floralegium” by Branthus Hart. An imposing tome of no small age, this beautifully illustrated book of flowers is obviously something special. It is worth 250 gp to collectors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continuing up, the group comes to two doorways, a single torch lighting this area. A door to the north indicates "Office", while the southern one says "Private: Keep Out!". How do you proceed?

I will need stealth checks for any actions on the third level.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price looks over the books quickly and indicates they should (and do) pocket the 2nd and 3rd books, rubbing her fingers together. Then she turns her attention to the third floor and debates their next move.

Book 1: Arcana 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Book 2: Appraise 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Book 3: Appraise 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Their quick search of the second floor complete, Cain follows Price up to the third. This late... probably in bed.

Checking with Price that there are no arcane auras present, he stalks to the one labeled "Private: Keep Out!".. pressing his ear against it.

Perception (for traps or at the "Private: Keep Out!" Door) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Stealth 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17.


King of Talingarde

Price detects no magical auras on the doorways, and Cain finds no traps on the southern Doorway.

Map

The map of tower levels 2 & 3 are way at the bottom of the screen if it doesn't bring it up automatically.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos seems amused as he peruses the warden's collection. Looking over the collection of penny dreadful books he picks one at random and begins thumbing through it.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Before they head up the stairs to the third level, Price consults with the team to agree on their methods...

"So, do we try a stealth entry OR knock on his door and bluff that we're guards and there is an 'incident'?"

Moments later after they agree on an approach...

Price creeps up to the bedroom door with Cain, sweeping it first with spell and vision before listening at the door as well.

Stealth 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 19 cloak
Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


Sorry, didn't mean to rush things. I'm happy to have Cain come back down and report on his recon, then we can make a plan. Would you guys prefer that?


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Naw, this is fine.

"It is always polite to knock."


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

We can do it as a quick retcon or an OOC discussion. I was thinking we have Gwyn pick the lock and look for magical traps. If that works, great. If not, we could try the ruse. If we bust in and the guy is awake, we burst in like guards saying "You and Sgt Blackerly are wanted for questioning! Seems he's been skimming from the payroll. Bind him boys!" (I think that counts as Fraud - a Forsaken offense). The idea is to keep the guy off-guard until we can reach him.

If we can't get through the door - and are still being stealthy enough - we could go with Gwyn playing the maid and saying "One of the guards asked me to fetch you, sir. There's something strange at the Gatehouse."

If we botch getting in and alert him, we could go with pounding on the door and doing the Blackerly Fraud angle "Open in the name of King Markadian V! You are wanted for questioning in the matter of..."


King of Talingarde

I also rushed things abit, so a slight retcon is fine. I'll roll for Gwyn fast.

Gwyndoling stealthily sneaks upstairs, a few moments pass, and she comes back down, almost skipping though not a noise can be heard. She whispers to Price, "I didn't see anything. Sounds like he's asleep."

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

NICE ROLLS!

Price squeezes the woman's shoulder, smiles, and says quietly. "Pop that lock quietly, Princess, and I'll buy you a crown."


King of Talingarde

It takes Gwyn a few tries, but eventually she manages to get the door to the Warden's bedroom unlocked. There is one close call where she believes the Warden may wakeup, but it sounds like he simply rolled over in the end.

Dice-O-Rama:

Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

OK, so I'm thinking Price and Xanos will peek in. Hopefully there is enough light for Xanos to see. Ideally, I'd like to have Price sweep with Detect Magic and Xanos ready to Daze or Sleep the owl if it is in here. If it is too dark for his vision, Price may have to go with Daze and then we race in and kill the Warden. Anybody want to amend that plan?


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Already cast sleep, so it's off my list


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Ah well, no harm in hoping. Let me know if you see any holes in the proposed plan.


Nope, that's fine. Cain will stealth up behind you, ready to rush in when you give the word. He's still got bow in hand.

Stealth 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 = 22.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

OK, going with the plan proposed...

Price widens the door slowly and hopefully silently as she peeks in with her darkvision and occult senses on high alert...

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Stealth 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 20 ACP, Cloak


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Shoot, I had an idea, but it looks like we're moving forward faster than I have been able to post this weekend.

Xanos remains still a ways from the door.

Taking 20 on stealth, not moving toward the door until Price kicks things off.


King of Talingarde

You open the door to find the Warden's personal chambers. Decently furnished, it has a four poster bed, a full length mirror, an oaken wardrobe, a sturdy oak chest pulled into one corner.

And most importantly of all, the sleeping form of the Warden in his bed, his pet owl on a stand next to it. It is a strange sight to see an owl asleep during the evening such as this. At present it appears that neither have awoken to you.

Map


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Is the window closed? Is there any way for the bird to escape? Should we include another stealth roll when we creep in or is the check when we opened the door the only one needed?

Guys, I'm thinking we sneak in as far as we can, move up to both sides of the bed, and kill the Warden fast and hard - just pound him into the ground.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Whoever has the highest sneak should move in alone and ready a Coup de Grace. Then the next moves in and gets set. If he or the owl wake up, readied actions go off and the rest of us charge in.

Moving together ups the odds of getting caught, unfortunately.

I'll go last


I like XAnos's idea because it requires less successful rolls to get at least one person into place to CDG the warden. Then if someone's flubbed roll wakes him, at least that one person is in place to AoO him if he tries to stand or cast a spell.

Cain nods at Xanos's whispered suggestion, then stalks into the room, bow held taught, arrow leveled at the owl.

Looks like it's 60ft to get next to the Warden, which is 2 rounds of stealthy movement. Cain will take it cautiously, readying an attack on his bow against whichever of them wakes up.
.
Stealth 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18; cloak.
.
If this attack is triggered by the warden, add +2 to both the attack and damage roll if he's human.
Longbow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19.
---> Damage 1d8 ⇒ 7.

I went ahead and updated CAin's position, but that will obviously change if something goes awry on his path over to the warden.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

I'm good with this plan! I'm going to assume the window is closed so the bird becomes a non-issue. I figure Gwyn is likely to go second given her stealth-ability but I'll post my rolls to keep things moving. I've dropped the icons in the room in likely positions. Xanos/Gwyn feel free to amend yours. Given the bed size and Warden's position, I'm assuming we can't attack him from the bird-side without practically hopping in the bed... hence, the three of us on one side.

Price sneaks in trying to keep her armor from rattling. Her face is a mask of concentration as she readies to charge in and bash the sleeping man with the Laughing Demon.

Stealth 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 18 ACP, Cloak

Readied Bash: Laughing Demon (20/x2)
HIT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 <-- If a charge becomes necessary, +2 here
DAM: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Status:
HP: 11 / 11
1st Spells (3): xxx
Daylight (1): x
Judgment (1): x
Effects: None


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

I'll wait to see if they wake up from your rolls before making mine. I'm pretty unstealthy and 2 CdGs will probably be plenty. I can Daze from here if I need to.


King of Talingarde

Just one thing to throw out. You can't Ready an Action with a Coup de Grace. Ready an Action can only be a Standard Action, and a Coup de Grace is a Full-Round Action. You can still Ready an Attack, just not a Coup de Grace. I believe there's a feat that changes that, but not sure what it's called.

Gwyn's Stealth Roll: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10

Cain, Price and Gwyn all move into position with great care, even when Gwyn trips and pulls off a cartwheel manages to stay quiet enough not to wake the Warden and sleeping owl. The window in the room is currently open. Gotta love that -10 for sleeping. If you want to roll your Coup de Grace damage, feel free. Also I placed a window token on the map with where it's at. If you want to change anything with the window status, let me know.

DM Stuff:

1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 10 = 7


With three of them in place, Cain gently lays the bow down on the floor, pulling his helmet off as he stands over the warden. He gives Gwyn and Price a quick look, then shrugs, then slams the helmet down with both hands directly on the warden's sleeping face.

CRUNCH

Stealth 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13
CDG (Helmet) Damage 2d6 + 12 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 12 + 4 + 6 = 29; power attack, favored enemy.


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Taking no chances with a Wizard, Price follows Cain a second later with a blow from the Laughing Demon, crushing the man's ribcage.

DAM: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (2, 3) + 8 = 13

What is it with these d8s? I've never rolled over a 3 with any blow that has hit!


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Please tell me that 42 damage killed the Wizard... otherwise I shall have to drop a brownie in my shorts. :)
If he is dead, let's nuke the birdie! But don't destroy it utterly - it will make a nice dinner.


Male Human Wizard

With a gasp, the Warden's lets out a scream in terror, quickly muffled by Cain's helmet, a strange echo coming through the tower as it reverberates inside. The owl instantly becomes awake at the death of it's master, letting out a hoot in it's own terror as the bond between familiar and master fades away. The owl makes to fly away.

Inish
Xanos
Gwyn
Owl
Price
Cain

DM Stuff:

Price 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Xanos 1d20 ⇒ 15
Gwyndolin 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Cain 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Owl 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Get'em Xanos! Do that voodoo that you do so well...


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Is there anywhere the owl can actually escape to? If so, I'd like to move there and block the route while casting Daze.

Xanos pushed the door shut behind him and lunged in the way of the owl, raising a hand into its face with a whisper.

DC15


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Xanos, the window is open. Hopefully Gwyn will close it before the bird flies the coop.


King of Talingarde

FYI, Daze only affects humanoids, not animals. If you want to change up, your action, feel free.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Right. I'll just walk over and shut the window then. If neccessary I'll upend that table to block it.


King of Talingarde

Shuttered window with latch, easy enough.

Gwyn attempts to strike down the owl, but fails to make purchase.

1d2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Xanos is definitely not interested in the bird, or in wasting spells on it. Locking it in and lighting the place on fire is good enough for him.

Consider me Delaying my actions unless something really needs my attention.


Cain is quick to put an arrow into the air, trying to bring the owl down. "So should we make sure it's dead now? Or just leave it?"

Free: Drop helmet.
Move: Pick up Longbow
Standard: Shoot owl (i assume Gwyn is in melee with it since she missed her attack?)
.
Longbow 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18; shooting into melee
---> Damage 1d8 ⇒ 3.

Status:
HP 13/13
AC 18 T14 FF 14
CMD 19 FF 15
F/R/W +2/+7/+3
Effects/Conditions None


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

"I was thinking it would make a nice dinner."

I'm happy to have Mark hand-wave killing the bird, unless he wants us to go round-by-round on it. I just don't want it escaping to cause us problems.

After resolving the dinner situation - let's do a thorough search of this whole level. This guy must have some useable equipment.


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

As Cain begins bird hunting, Xanos walks calmly past the corpse and begins browsing the Warden's shelves.

Detect Magic


King of Talingarde

To help move along, I'll assume searching bedroom and office.

Our villains perform a search of both rooms and uncover several items that may be of use in their escape.

Inside the Warden's wardrobe they find that he has rather decent taste in clothing, complete with five stylish outfits (Noble's outfits, 375gp Total).

In a sturdy oak chest is a complete Alchemy set, fully stocked with a variety of chemicals and reagents. (200gp, 40lbs).

Next to his bed, he keeps a few odds and ends. A magical vial and four scrolls, a dagger (not magic or MW), a class ring from the Matharyn Academy of Arcane Enlightenment, and a dull grey stone that radiates light (Currently in a small pouch).

A search of his office reveals a detailed map of the local area, including the most convenient path through the Old Moors, as well as the nearby town. It also contains his Spellbook.

Vial, Spellcraft DC 14:
Potion of Cure Light Wounds

Scroll 1, Read Magic or Spellcraft DC 21:
Magic Missle

Scroll 2, Read Magic or Spellcraft DC 21:
Sleep

Scroll 3, Read Magic or Spellcraft DC 23:
Hideous Laughter

Scroll 4, Read Magic or Spellcraft DC 23:
Invisibility

Class Ring Appraise DC 15:
250gp

Dull Stone Spellcraft DC 27:
Ioun Torch, and what the heck's up with that Caster Level?

Spellbook:

Richter’s Tome of Arcane Armament (Level 3 Universalist)
This beautiful book is made of fine cerulean leather embossed with gold leaf. Its edges are reinforced with brass fittings and strange arcane symbols adorn its covered. It bears the draconic rune of “R” in the center of its front cover.
Value 350 gp | Blank Pages 63
SPELLS
2nd – bull’s strength, flaming sphere, hideous laughter, invisibility
1st – alarm, charm person, expeditious retreat, feather fall, mage
armor, magic missile, mount, shield, sleep
0th – all cantrips in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

That's a lot of "Scroll 1"s. :)

Xanos looks over the pile of interesting objects he'd discovered as the others went bird-hunting.

Handing the vial to Cain he says, "For when you become injured."

The scrolls he tucks into the spellbook and puts it into a satchel.

The Alchemy Lab he breaks down and packs into whatever pack he can find, carefully shouldering it.

The stone he simply looks at.

"This will require further study."

rolls:

Spellcraft, vial: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Spellcraft, scroll 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Spellcraft, scroll 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Spellcraft, scroll 3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Spellcraft, scroll 4: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Spellcraft, stone: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


King of Talingarde

I have NO idea what you're talking about (made it in the hour, phew)


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

Looking down at himself the tall wizard takes a moment and wills the oil, grime and blood away from his body. Freshly cleaned he takes the time to dress himself in clothes that were probably loose fitting and voluminous on the warden.

On Xanos they looked practically small. In the end he settles for a sort of grey silk sarong that was probably supposed to go over an expensive wizard's robe, a dark embroidered vest and a deep red sash tied around his waist. Still barefoot and bare chested, he looks something akin to the stories of powerful djinni. A masked and shackled djinn.

Picking up the warden's ring he he chuckles to himself.

"Cain, may I borrow your sword?"


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price watches the tall man curiously. "Care to share what's on those scrolls? It might be helpful to know."

She glances through the clothing with a professional eye and a frustrated sigh. "Pity. If I had my shears and sewing kit, I could make us some very nice apparel." She scoops up anything of value that Xanos has left and the clothes that she may be able to use later to dress the team.

Appraise 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Profession: Seamstress 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


HP 49/37, AC 18, CMD 15, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +5 Per +4 Channel 9/9, Grave Touch 8/8, Shirt 1/1, Vestments 1/1, Slippers 10/10 Current effects: Detect Magic, False Life, Mage Armor, Message, Spider Climb, Shield

"One will cause a target to sleep. Another will render a subject invisible. The others I have not deciphered yet."


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

Price nods, "Those could be useful. I look forward to hearing what your further research discovers."

Their search completed, Price tackles the next issue. "So, we have 3 more guards and a dog between us and freedom. How do we want to handle them? I've been debating if now would be the right time to start this building barbeque. If we blow some whistles too maybe we can draw the guards out of the Bridgehouse and lure them up to the Gatehouse where we can slaughter them. The risk, of course, is that they may send for help from the town."


Cain tosses Xanos Blackerly's blade, helping the group gather up the items they've indicated is actually worth taking with them. "Well, if we can get into position before the fire really gets going, one of us can set up to pick off any runners while the others prepare to ambush the guards going to help put out the fire." He gives the scrolls a look. "That invisibility scroll could help one of us get around the bridge house to pick off any runners as well."


Class: AC: 16|12|14 - For:+4 | Rex:+3 | Wil:+9 - Per:+15 Init:+7

"Could be. I'm a little concerned that the Bridge boys will send for help in town instead of all rushing up here to fight the blaze." She frowns. "Recon is in order. I think we should head to the Gate and see what we can see about the disposition of the bridge. If the storm makes that impossible, then we'll have to sneak down there to see what's up. Cain, since you and I can see well in the dark, we should do the sneaking. Hopefully, once we get the lay of the land - we can make a plan that involves a lot of guards dying quickly."

Assuming that sounds good to everyone...

Perception (as needed) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Stealth (as needed) 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 24 cloak

651 to 700 of 2,573 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WotW: A Knot of Thorns The Second Parchment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.