Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

WotW: A Knot of Thorns The First Parchment

Game Master Xzaral

A group of villains escape Branderscar prison to take revenge upon Talingarde.

Roll20 Map Link

Google Doc Map Link (Currently not in use)


201 to 250 of 1,870 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

My readied action triggers and my initiative moves to the top, rolled the attack and damage in my post- I crit AC21 for 16 damage. Beatrix also has a readied bow-shot hitting AC15 for 5 damage. If she could see him before he was in melee with Alazandaru, she instead hit AC19 for 5 damage. Her initiative also moves to the top of this round and we don't act until next round after our readied actions.


King of Talingarde

Thanks for the reminder, Alazandaru

Strikes from Alazandaru and Beatrix fell the first guard as he comes through. The two further in witness not an ogre, but rather prisoners supposedly in their cells drop their companion. "Oh god, a Jailbreak!" Haruk, you can continue to wait until another guard comes through to shoot, or choose to act normally. Avrandes, same for you and your spell. Otherwise, Morthos is up next.

Map

Initiative Order is:
Beatrix
Alazandaru
Guards
Morthos
Haruk
Avrandes
Grumblejack
Bostarg


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53

Morthos moves back towards the others, directly across from the door of where the most recently dead guard exited. Looking to see if there are others, "Come out, come out, wherever you are. If you surrender now, we may let you live. That would entirely depend on you denying your allegiance to the pathetic king, of course."

Double move to M 20


Male Devil-blooded Ogre

Going to post for Grumblejack. rereading saw Avrande's action, so moved him up as he indicated.

Grumblejack moves into the room, a gleeful smile on his face. "Grumblejack make little 'uns dead for feeding Grumblejack bad food."

Double move into room, squeezing through doorway. I'll assume Bostarg is going to continue to hide out of sight for now as stated. Haruk, Beatrix and Alazandaru are still up.


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Alazandaru moved beside his ogre ally with no sign of fear- the quick and muscular Varisian hurled one of his knives at the closest guard from his new position and he expertly flourished the second with the expectation of melee. He was already feeling a little sick of the death he wrought with his blades despite the clear necessity.

This was never how it was supposed to be...

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Crit threat
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Damage

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Crit confirm?
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Extra damage if confirmed

Moved my own token.


Male Gnome Bard (Demagogue) 4

Bostarg hustles forward to the double doors at the end of the corridor, ears straining for any sign of activity outside... as well as seeing if there was any way to bar the portal.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Double move to C,21


King of Talingarde

Bostarg:
The door itself is reinforced and has a large bar that can be slid into place to prevent entering from the outside. He hears to sound outside indicative of immediate activity.


King of Talingarde

Alazandaru's dagger sinks into the guard, dropping him to the floor.

Haruk and Beatrix still up.


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

Haruk darts into the room, keeping the orge in front of him. Move or double move to get in to the room

Moved token, not sure if that's a legal spot, feel free to adjust


King of Talingarde

All right, just need Beatrix now.


Female Human Fighter (Two-Handed) 1

My apologies, I thought my action this round had already been taken shooting the bow.

Beatrix follows her new companions through the door, alert for more guards.

double move


King of Talingarde

The remaining guard, seeing the hopelessness of this situation, retreats gainst the back wall, shield and sword raised. "S-stand down now, or by Iomadae I will s-strike you down!" It seems his faith is still intact, even aginst such overwhelming odds.

The guard shifts backwards and takes total defense.

Map

Initiative Order is:
Beatrix
Alazandaru
Guards
Morthos
Haruk
Avrandes
Grumblejack
Bostarg


Female Human Fighter (Two-Handed) 1

"Fool! Your pitiful threats won't save you - you're going to die."

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 - intimidate to demoralize


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Alazandaru charges the last guard but his dagger fails to land a blow.


Male Gnome Bard (Demagogue) 4

Bostarg remains near the door, trusting that his companions have the situation well in hand. He nudges the guard's bodies at his feet prospectively and casts a jaundiced eye over their possessions.

Spend the round inspecting the guard's bodies and lifting anything interesting.


King of Talingarde

The guard is obviously rattled by Beatrix's words, barely able to fend off Alazandaru's assault.

Haruk, Morthos and Avrandes are still up, I'll do Grumblejack at the end.


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53

"The lady is right! Your time is nearly up, fool!" He yells at the gaurd. "Between the beast and Alazandaru, he hasn't long. I shall prepare for those that may come through any of these doors," he informs those that are near him.

Delay. Will stay delayed unless guards come through any other door.


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

"Lay down your weapons and I promise no further harm will come to you." Haruk says 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 Bluff


King of Talingarde

"And I'm supposed to believe you with this viscious killer coming at me, and the ogre on top of it?"

Sense Motive DC10:
His resolve seems to be faltering, though he refuses to disarm with Alazandaru threatening him.

Avrandes, I also can't see the map (at work at present), so can't specify if you have line of sight at present. When I get home, I'll check and post it (2-4 hours depending on circumstance).

Dice, Dice, Baby:

1d20 + 4 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 10 = 22


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Sense Motive

"Alaza, please stand down so this man no longer feels as threatened." Haruk asks his new ally politely. Back to the guard "If my friend does back off, I would rather not shed any more blood than nessecary."

Do you want me to roll Bluff again, or keep the above as its the same lie?


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Alazandaru does as Haruk asks (withdraw action on my next action), but not before muttering darkly-

Please, never call me "Alaza" again. To what end are you enabling his surrender?

This all assumes further attacks etc. are not made before Alazandaru's action.


King of Talingarde

The guard lowers his sword but keeps his shield raised as Alazandaru backs off. "What do you want?" His eyes dart from Alazandaru to Grumblejack to Beatrix then back to Haruk as he speaks.


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

"Just let us pass and no harm will come to you, promise." 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 Bluff


King of Talingarde

"All right, I'm just gonna go back into the barracks there and shut the door, all good right?" He makes a motion to head into the north room.

Dice:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

Room 9?

"We would rather not have to kill any more guards. How many more of you are down here? Are there any others in the barracks?"


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

A useless deal. We should at least tie him up and gag him.


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

"Please Alazandaru, no need for such rudeness. I have this situation well in hand. I know it's not easy, but just trust me."


King of Talingarde

Room 9 indeed.

Hesitating a moment, he quickens his response at Alazandaru's words. "There's 2 outside the door leading to the yard. Two patrol the walls. Three in the gatehouse. Three at the main gate. And Blackerly. The Warden rarely leaves his tower."


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Alazandaru snorts at the notion of polite diplomacy after such bloodshed and violence but makes no aggressive motions, allowing the man his game.


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

"So nobody else in the barracks?"


King of Talingarde

"You...you already killed 'em." his voice falters slightly as he says it.


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

"Splendid old chap. Thank you for your help." Once the guard goes inside the barracks and shuts himself inside, the sorcerer turns to Grublejack. "Hey big fella, be a pal and bar the door with one of those tables."

Looking around he muses "I'm feeling a bit chilled, anybody willing to help me get a nice fire going so I can warm up?"


Male Devil-blooded Ogre

Grumblejack goes and picks up one of the tables, putting it in front of the door. "Grumblejack not understand. Why little 'un not dead?" It seems an honest question from the ogre.


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

I mirror the sentiment of our new ally. Whatever we could have gained from inside the barracks is now lost to us. If this man you have spared has a means of alarming the other guards, they will now be alerted. If the barracks has even a window inside, we will be at a further disadvantage.

Alazandaru hesitated, his voice confused.

I... I do not condone killing for killings sake. Truth be told, i've never seen so much blood on my clothing... But what tactical advantage have you gained for us here?


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53

After a brief moment of hearing nothing, Morthos walks in as he hears Haruk speaking to the guard. "You have bargained with this man and allowed him to live, Haruk. I must agree with Alazandaru. I've no issue with killing this fool, but I myself am not for killing one just to be killing. That is just random slaughter. Which is no fun because there is no challenge to it. It is too late to deal with him now. You've struck your bargain so I recommend we take our leave." Turning to the ogre, "Grumblejack. There are far more little 'un's, as you call them, outside. We could use your assistance in ridding ourselves of those." Looking around at the others, "If Alazandaru is right about the guard being able to alert the others, I suggest we take our leave now. The sooner we are out of here, the less chance they have to regroup and surround us. It is time to move."


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Alazandaru nods, influenced by Morthos' words.

Morthos is right. Now is not the time to question your reasons, Haruk. Lets move on. Perhaps we can discuss it a few days from now in a more pleasant environment.


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

Haruk shrugs at the others concerns "Perhaps he does have a way to alert them and perhaps not. Either way, he has failed his goddess. I do so enjoy causing others to falter and fall." He says with a wicked grin. " However, if you are so worried about what may or may not lie in the barracks its a simple enough matter to go in there, slay the guard and take what we will. Stop being so squeamish, a fire will do wonders to aid in our escape"


Male Devil-blooded Ogre

"Grumlbejack no understand." The ogre mutters to himself. As he does, he glances at the benches. He drops the club on a table and picks up a bench. "Better club. Grumblejack go first?" As he says it, he continues forward, heading back into the hall and towards the door north.


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Alazandaru was prepared to let the matter drop, but is a little disgusted at Haruk's actions as he realises what is going on.

Do you not profess to be a disciple of Asmodeus? I thought you were striking a deal with the man, not lying to his face only to make him into a funeral pyre. Such treachery is not usually associated with the Devil, or so I thought. As Sir Balin would have said- "it reeks of demon taint".

I didn't roll Sense Motive because Alazandaru had no chance to see through the bluff :).


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53

"After you, Grumblejack." Morthos steps aside and lets the beast go first, following in step right behind him. "This is our aid in escape." Morthos motions toward the beast. "I'm not here to waste my time with one who no longer is an issue. We've more pressing concerns." With that, Morthos takes his leave, catching up to the ogre.


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

Haruk fixes the rogue with his dead black eyes. "I lie when I must, and honor deals when I make them in sincerity. Besides, as I said, starting a fire would cause plenty of confusion and chaos, which will aid greatly in our escape."


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Alazandaru spits in disgust.

Start your own fire- i'll not be your arsonist.

He follows Morthos.


male human witch 1

The quiet human speaks up. I thought it interesting that talk before our rscape was a waste of time, but talk during it seems worthwhile.

He looks around for a moment. My friend, if you supply us with this information, you must know your life is forfeit. Join us in abandoning this place and prevent your own execution. In fact, if we burn this place, the bodies left behind may cover our tracks and allow us to take others. We could begin our little uprising with a labor force.


Female Human Fighter (Two-Handed) 1

Bea pays little heed to the men's squabbling, instead going from corpse to corpse, looking through the dead guards belongings for useful weapons and armor.


Male Gnome Bard (Demagogue) 4

Having lingered near the northern door for long enough, Bostarg makes his way back towards the room where all the talking seems to be happening. Having eavesdropped enough to get a general gist of the situation he speaks firmly "No fire. We may yet need to take refuge within if hard pressed outside."

As Morthos and Alazandaru pass by Bostarg follows close behind.


male human witch 1

Avrandes reacts with a confused look. Refuge from within? We can handle ten or so guards if we act now. We can recruit the first workers on my ship or the first warrior in yoyr rebellion. And we can rob the king of one of his holding facilities. We should leave straightaway, and leave this place in rubble as we go. Holding up here means giving them a chance at reinforcement.


Male Gnome Bard (Demagogue) 4

Bostarg sighs slightly at Avrandes, his words were spoken clearly though somehow his meaning was misconstrued. Shaking his head he ignores the man as he follows Alazandaru and Morthos, putting his trust more in them.


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

"If we have to go back inside the place we're trying to escape, I do believe our luck would be quite terrible indeed." Haruk says.


King of Talingarde

Bostarg:
A certain GM (who shall remain nameless) left out an important bit of information. With your perception roll, you were able to identify the sound of what appears to be two caged animals, probably of the biting canine type, outside while standing at the doorway. Realized that as I was posting Grumblejack's action, so going to delay to see how you want to handle that bit first.


male human witch 1

The pirate falls in behind Bostarg and hisses quietly. Strange. We mocked the idea of planning our escape and now we're looking at contingencies. Our best killer mocks the idea of killing. I had hoped to form up with folk who knew how to work as a team.

He snatches up a dropped weapon and rolls his eyes. If you intend to leave the three men, I can put them to sleep at least, though I'd rather save such magic for new adversaries.

201 to 250 of 1,870 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WotW: A Knot of Thorns The First Parchment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.