Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

WotW: A Knot of Thorns The First Parchment (Inactive)

Game Master Xzaral

A group of villains escape Branderscar prison to take revenge upon Talingarde.

Roll20 Map Link

Google Doc Map Link (Currently not in use)


151 to 200 of 1,870 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Alazandaru chuckles softly despite himself in amusement at the way Haruk is speaking but makes no objection to the Ogre being released.


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53

Morthos turns to the woman, "He will soon be released to take his revenge upon those that put him here. My guess is that would be healing enough for him. Besides, there is nothing I can do for that. All I can offer him is his freedom. And for most," he stares at her as if he's looking beyond her, "that is enough."


Not in use

Bostarg leaves Haruk and the others to their new friend, a slight passing furrow of brow as he moves away. He mumbles to himself in Gnomish, a fast paced and staccato tongue "நான் மட்டுமே இந்த கண்ணீரை முடிவடையவில்லை நம்புகிறேன் முடியும் .... ஓக்ரி மற்றும் கட்டுப்பாடு நன்றாக எண்ணிக்கைகளும் செய்ய ..." Shaking his head almost imperceptibly, Bostarg moves back to the guard room and the stairs...

Gnomish:
"I can only hope this does not end in tears.... ogres and restraint do not tally well..."
Google translated to Tamil... which is fast paced and staccato


Male Devil-blooded Ogre

Assuming Haruk undoes the ogre's chains.

As the chains come undone, the ogre begins to rub at it's wrists. "Grumblejack help little 'uns. How little 'uns want Grumblejack to do? Grumblejack go smash other little 'uns? Grumblejack no have club." Grumblejack begins to slowly look around the area for a weapon of some kind.


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53

Morthos eyes the oversized creature, "The guards will no longer be needing thier cudgels, so, you may acquire one of those. It's probably a bit small for you, but, it's better than nothing. Now," Morthos stops in midsentence, truly unsure what to do with the beast. Turning to the others, shooting them a curious look, "What are we suppose to do with...," he turns and looks at the ogre then turns back, "Grumblejack? He is not going to go unnoticed. He could prove quite useful, though. Of course, I merely base that on his size and his origin." Pondering it a moment, he reverts his attention back to the ogre. "Alright. We could use your allegiance in helping to 'smash the little 'uns' as you say. Well, those that side with the pathetic king of course." He turns once again back to the others. "Any objections to Grumblejack's 'plan'?"


Female Human Fighter (Two-Handed) 1

Bea tests the weight of her newly acquired sword and shrugs in seeming indifference. "Works for me."


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53

Seeing no other objections, "Good. Then it's time to go."


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

Haruk nods his agreement "Let us begone from this place"


Male Devil-blooded Ogre

His coughts undone, the ogre walks over to the body of one of the guards, picking up his cudgel. "Tiny," Grumblejack mutters to himself as he gives it a wide swing. Taking his undersized armament, Grumblejack proceeds towards the exit. "Want Grumblejack go smash little 'uns with tiny club?" It is as much question as exclamation.

Just to be certain, are you sending Grumblejack down and following behind, and if so how far back will the rest of you be, and in what order?


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Yes. And front rank.


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53

Morthos looks to the beast, "Yes. We shall be right behind you." He waits for the ogre to move out as he then steps in line behind Alazandaru, drawing his newly acquired sword, preparing for the fight that is sure to come.

I'll step in line behind AV.


male human witch 1

The pirate witch says nothing as the other prisoners debate use of the giant. If he's only a distraction, he whispers to Haruk, let him run into the prison to draw the soldiers away and hamper their pursuit.[/] He eyes the ogre's size sppreciatively. [b]. If we intend to use him abroad, he should narrel through our final exit. If he lives, we keep him.


Male Devil-blooded Ogre

Grumblejack descends downstairs to the ground level of Branderscar. Going through a doorway, he enters a long hallway ending in double doors that appear to lead outside the prison itself, though still behind the walls.

The ogre makes no attempt at stealth, instead relying on the tried and true method of ogre covert tactics, leave 'em all dead. Forcing his way through a door too small for his size, the noise alerts a guard, who comes from a sideroom. The man is not in armor, his only armaments one of the cudgel's Grumblejack himself wields. The guard stairs in amazement for but a moment at the sight of the ogre, before calling out. "The ogre's loose!"

Downstairs

Initiative Order is:
Bostarg
Guards
Morthos
Haruk
Alazandaru
Beatrix
Avrandes
Grumblejack

GM Stuff:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Initiative
Beatrix 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Avrandes 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Morthos 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Haruk 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Alazandaru 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Bostarg 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Grumblejack 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Guards1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Not in use

Round 1:

Bostarg hears what is transpiring before them and pauses... Perhaps the brute will be useful after all... by serving as a sponge for the ire of the guards

Bostarg delays


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Bump. Guards are up.


King of Talingarde

The guard retreats back into the room, giving out a yell before closing it behind him. "Mad ogre on the loose! Too arms!" Movement can be heard from within.

At the same time, at the far end of the hallway, the door opens to allow two guards armed there access to the hall, drawing swords as they come in. "Calm down, fella. Just calm down." A moment later, the guard seems to have noticed the presence of others. "The prisoner's are behind him! It's a jail break!"

Dice:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Not in use

Bostarg will continue delaying until post-Grumblejack


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53

Morthos grins, "It appears they know we are here." He says without the slightest hint of worry.

Double move from S 21 to H 20. Think that's legal. If not then I 20.


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Moved my token.

Alazandaru moves confidently into the hallway, assuming a defensive posture with both blades ready to parry incoming blows.

Total Defence for +4AC/CMD.


Female Human Fighter (Two-Handed) 1

Bea moves into the next room, and seeing the guards, backs into a corner, drawing her bow in the process.

double move


Male Devil-blooded Ogre

Not sure what happened to Haruk, but going to move along for now. I'll assume he's delaying.

Grumblejack lumbers forward, cudgel in hand, towards the guards. "Grumblejack smash little 'uns." A cruel smile plays across his face as he beckonds them with his free hand.

Initiative Order is:
Guards
Morthos
Haruk
Alazandaru
Beatrix
Avrandes
Grumblejack
Bostarg

Bostarg is up with delayed action.


Not in use

Round 1:

Bostarg moves to the base of the stairs, pausing there to allow the more martially inclined of their group to weave their magic.

Can't move my token as I'm at work - but intent is 1 square inside the door at the base of the stairs.


King of Talingarde

The two guards dart at the ogre, trying to stay under his swing. Alas, one of the guards didn't manage to duck under his club quickly enough and takes a wicked strike to the side of his head. Slightly dazed from the strike, his training holds true and he manages a strike into the ogre, barely glanced away from a lethal blow. The other guard gets in a decent strike as well.

Grumblejack HP: 12/30

Perception DC 7:
Shouting can be heard coming from the room to the east

If Perception is 12+:

The shouting seems to be one guard waking others.

Dice:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Move! hisses Alazandaru at Morthos, seeking to join the fray but hindered by the man's position.


Female Human Fighter (Two-Handed) 1

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 - perception

"We're about to have company - more guards are coming!" Drawing an arrow, she takes a shot at the guard on the left.

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 4 = 14 - attack
1d8 ⇒ 8 - dmg


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53

Morthos smiles at the news. "Fools. Let them come." Morthos then moves into position in an attempt to surround the guards.

Moved to D 19. Which provokes a whole slew of AoO's, possibly. If I don't get killed by them, then I'm attacking guard in E 20. And I think I get flanking bonus. If not, then disregard the +2.

Longsword: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

AC 16; Hp's 14


King of Talingarde

The guard lashes out at Morthos as he passes by, dealing a decent blow.

Morthos gets hit from an AoO for 5 points of damage.

GM:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Erm... Somethings gone horribly wrong with the map.


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

I think I fixed it.

Alazandaru rushes the guard in E20, quickly running across the corridor and using the momentum of his movement to ram his left hand dagger towards the guard's chest...

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Charge, -2 AC
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Devil-blooded Ogre

Luck seems to favor the guards, as our villains assaults thus far have been unsuccessful. Grumblejack attempts another strike with his cudgel, feeling the effects of the wounds he's suffered though causes his attack to go wide.

Dice:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Avrandes still is up. Going to post for Grumblejack, and if Bostarg wants to go, feel free. Trying to keep things moving, and the ogre is (for now, hehehe) on your side.

Initiative Order is:
Guards
Morthos
Haruk
Alazandaru
Beatrix
Avrandes
Grumblejack
Bostarg

Map


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

Haruk fires a ray of chilling cold at the guard Alazandaru attacked [ooc]casting Ray of Frost1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 ranged touch attack for 1d3 ⇒ 3


Not in use

Round 2:

Bostarg moves up in Grumblejack's wake, preferring to be in the large one's wake and unnoticed rather than alone and vulnerable.

Double move, have adjusted token to suit


King of Talingarde

Sorry Haruk, didn't mean to forget about you!

EDITED: Actually Haruk, you can't make that action from your current position. You're currently on the stairs, and move 30' with 25' range, can't quite make it.

DOUBLE EDITE:On the other hand, you didn't go last round, so I'll give you that move as well. So you're attack did go off.


male human witch 1

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

This is certainly going well. murmurs Avrandes as he looks to the East. Beatrix' warning causes his face to tighten into a hateful grimace.

He moves to the room where some guards may still be asleep and murmurs a few words. The spite in his voice keeps them from being intelligible.

I cast sleep on the guards, with the intention of preventing the alert ones from waking the rest. Will DC 15.


male human witch 1

also, for me the map is really small. I can't see anything but the stairs I'm in with Haruk. I'm just going where the noise is from.


Not in use

Avrandes - don't forget that sleep is a full round cast - so you can commence it this round, but it won't be completed and targeted until next round.


King of Talingarde

Bostarg is correct about Sleep. If you want to change your action with this information, go ahead. Otherwise it'll go off when it does.

As the realization sets in that it wasn't just the ogre that's out of his cell, a panic overtakes the guards. The one who Grumblejack smacked before attempts to escape, calling out "Must tell the Warden!" He avoids Grumblejack's initial swing, but gets caught by the backswing.

The other, still holding more sense, defensively raises his sword and shield. "In the name of Iomedae, and her servant King Markadian, stand down!" He puts up a brave front, but the tremble in his voice is clear.

The right guard attempted to withdraw, but the second square provoked from Grumblejack. The left guard 5' step back and is taking total defense. Everyone else is up. I'll do Grumblejack at the end, taking posts as they come. If anyone wants to delay after Grumblejack, just say it and I'll wait for the rest.

Initiative Order is:
Guards
Morthos
Haruk
Alazandaru
Beatrix
Avrandes
Grumblejack
Bostarg

Map

I've moved both Haruk and Avrandes to where they could target their spells.

GM Screen:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

I'm hoping Morthos 5 foot steps to C19 or moves to C20, and that the guard is still standing on my action :). Remember guard doesn't get AOO's as hes on total defence.


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53

Yep. That's exactly what he's gonna do.

Morthos moves in position for the others to take advantage. "You mean: 'The pathetic King'," he corrects as he attacks the guard.

5' step to C 20.

Longsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Crit threat
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Longsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Non-confirm
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Female Human Fighter (Two-Handed) 1

Beatrix takes another arrow, tries to slow her breathing, and lets it fly towards the guard.

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 = 15 - attack
1d8 ⇒ 5 - damage


King of Talingarde

Morthos moves and deals a blow to the guard, laying him low. Sounds of movement are clearly heard from the room to the East (Room 10).

Beatrix, if you want to take a different action, that's fine. Morthos managed to drop the guard.

Initiative Order is:
Guards
Morthos
Haruk
Alazandaru
Beatrix
Avrandes
Grumblejack
Bostarg

Map


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Alazandaru swiftly moves beside the door to room 10, readying himself to strike as soon as a guard emerges.


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

And I just realised I kinda need to know how Avrande's action went down before I commit to mine, as waiting for a guard to emerge IF hes inside casting Sleep is kinda futile. He hasn't moved on the map, is he actually going into the guard post? Way I see it though, he'll have to spend two move actions to get inside the door so it seems unlikely he'll be inside and casting.

If my action ends up valid, heres the roll for the readied action (it will shift my init to the top of next round if it goes off)

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Crit threat
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Crit confirm
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Female Human Fighter (Two-Handed) 1

change my action to ready an action to shoot at the first guard through the door. Use previous roll, +4 if he's not in melee yet.


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Are we waiting for Avrande's action to be clarified?


King of Talingarde

Yes, and Haruk's action.


Male Tiefling Infneral Sorcerer(Tattoo) 1

Meant to post this yesterday, but never got a chance.

Are there currently any guards still standing in the area we're in? Doesn't appear that way on the map, but I want to make sure. If there are not, I'll ready an action to Ray of Frost any guard that enters where we are


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Thats correct Haruk, none in immediate line of sight


male human witch 1

[Ooc]Sorry, gang. I posted already and it vanished. Happens a lot feom my PC and posting from my phone is a learning experience in progress. After getting full view of the map, Avrandes will move towards the door where the noise is from. He will cast sleep immediately if the guards sound animated and prepared to join the fray. He will wait til next turn if not.[/b]


King of Talingarde

The door opens and out comes the guard from before, sword and shield in hand, though he still does not have armor. From beyond two more are seen coming, in similar armaments.

Map

151 to 200 of 1,870 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WotW: A Knot of Thorns The First Parchment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.