Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

WotW: A Knot of Thorns The First Parchment (Inactive)

Game Master Xzaral

A group of villains escape Branderscar prison to take revenge upon Talingarde.

Roll20 Map Link

Google Doc Map Link (Currently not in use)


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,870 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Not in use

Bostarg listens attentively at Thorn's speech, but his mind is only drawn into focus at the mention of Balentyne. To deal with the savages and Captain would be a chore... but to be blessed with a more worthy goal of felling the lynchpin of the watchwall... this was a gift indeed. He smiled and toasted as needed, but his mind was already set to the task ahead.

At the Frosthamar:

Bostarg moved in the wake of the larger of his companions and ignored the Captain, assuming that the words of Morthos would assuage him.


Female Human Witch 3 / Rogue (Poisoner) 1

Tatya takes the clay symbol from the Cardinal carefully, her fingers already feeling cold and clumsy at the promise of the lake wind and the north. Bugbears and war! she shivers. Are such allies to be trusted? Of course not, she answers herself sharply after taking a sip of the wine. They will serve their purpose of sowing chaos and terror, and when the people's shining king cannot protect them, the Talireans will turn to Asmodeus. Better to serve Hell than see your family torn to pieces by monsters, yes? People are sheep, ever practical and willing to pay any cost if only they can live in peace and comfort.


Odenkirk stares at Morthos for a moment, seemingly angry at his words, but a smile breaks on his face. "I have transported many a fool, then. I will take you to the cursed north, past hope and life."


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53

"That is all that we ask." Morthos responds nonchalantly as he boards the ship.


The trip begins without incident. The first half day sees you head east down the Varnyn river, breaking into the ocean itself shortly after noon. Heavily laden, the boat makes slow progress as it sails. You all see numerous fisherman along the shores, which Kargeld makes a habit of waving to when passing by. When questioned, he simply responds, "Wouldn't want ta seem suspicious."

While the travel could be pleasant, the boat itself is not. Not a single cabin aboard the ship, you are all out in the open with the rest of the crew. Odenkirk's men, while competent sailors, lack in their social graces. Vulgar to a man, a few throw Tatya lewd looks, which is quickly stopped by Kargeld with a few threats to throw them to Besmara's mercy.

The captain himself attempts to keep his distance from you, a difficult and obvious task considering the size of the boat. He rarely speaks except to curse his luck or his men.

On the seventh day of travel, as you near the watchwall, Alazandaru happens to catch sight of a ship heading in your direction. The flag bears the markings of the Talirean navy, and is traveling quickly upon you. You all have perhaps 10 minutes before it will be upon you.

Dice:

Aedorn 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Alazandaru 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Bostarg 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Morthos 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Tatya 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Kargeld 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Not in use
Captain Kargeld Odenkirk wrote:
Vulgar to a man, a few throw Tatya lewd looks, which is quickly stopped by Kargeld with a few threats to throw them to Besmara's mercy.

Bostarg is not satisfied with the Captain's response, and takes it upon himself to enact punishment. Making a show of telling the crewman in question a ribald story, he seeks to sow a thought within their mind...

Perform (Oratory): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 Using Spellsong (so DC31 Perception / Sense Motive to know that I cast a spell), DC 16 Will save or...
Thought Sown:
Laced with a deep-seated and repressed emotion, Bostarg instills I lust for Captain Kargeld into the crewman's mind.

___

At the approach of the navy cutter, Bostarg clicks before turning to the Captain "We cannot outrun them?"


Bostarg Halvardonwine wrote:
Captain Kargeld Odenkirk wrote:
Vulgar to a man, a few throw Tatya lewd looks, which is quickly stopped by Kargeld with a few threats to throw them to Besmara's mercy.

Bostarg is not satisfied with the Captain's response, and takes it upon himself to enact punishment. Making a show of telling the crewman in question a ribald story, he seeks to sow a thought within their mind...

Perform (Oratory): 1d20+14 Using Spellsong (so DC31 Perception / Sense Motive to know that I cast a spell), DC 16 Will save or...
** spoiler omitted **

I'll resolve this abit later, and I love it!

___

Bostarg Halvardonwine wrote:
At the approach of the navy cutter, Bostarg clicks before turning to the Captain "We cannot outrun them?"

The Captain takes a good look at the Talirean vessel. "We could, but we'd have ta dump your cargo to do it. And that'd look right suspicious."


Not in use

"Dumping the cargo is not an option..." mulling his thoughts a moment before continuing "I would suggest we comply with it's requests." suggesting that they allow themselves to be approached.

Turning his back to exclude the Captain and talking only to his fellow knot Bostarg ventures "It seems clear the navy will come upon us... and I wager it would not be wise to allow them sight of our cargo... The question seems whether we answer with blood or words?"


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

We cannot allow them to escape with any suspicion within their minds, if it comes to blood. Even if we were to leave no survivors, the ship may be expected to return to port soon.

Alazandaru quietly pointed to his own circlet, revealing it from under his hood.

Perhaps trickery is in order? Who in Talingarde would be trusted enough by such a ship for them not to search it? We need merely adopt the appropriate disguise...

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Knowedge roll to determine such a group within Talingarde hierarchy who would have both reason and authority to be on a private boat headed this way...


Not in use

Knnowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Same question as Alazandaru
Profession (Lawyer): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 For a refresher on what our 'rights' are under Tailingarde law here re: search and seizure... specifically on technicalities, etc.


Male Halfling Monk (Zen Archer) 3

knowledge(nobility): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 I'll throw my hat in as well


King of Talingarde

Several organizations exist within Talingarde. The Knights of the Allerion and the Sacred Brotherhood of the Gryphon are the two major orders of knights in the kingdom, and both outwiegh regular Talirean military. The Knighs of the Allerion are by far the most populous, not requiring noble blood. The Blessed Order of St. Macarius, an order of clergy with spellcasting ability is another group. All three, by law, exist outside the influence of the Talirean military and thus are protected by such search and seizures.

Within the Talirean military itself, a higher ranked officer can call off a search.

Outside these groups, any vessel is susceptible to search by Talirean forces. This technically includes ships operated by the nobility, but is often overlooked (particularly where bribes are concerned). Merchant vessels are expected to provide a manifest of goods upon request. Any vessel deemed suspicious can be seized and brought to port, by force if necessary.

Most of the current laws regarding search and seizure were drafted in response to the Asmodean purges 16 years ago. After the purge, attempting to aid in certain efforts, several laws were drafted that allowed any ship carrying emergency supplies and attended by a priest of Sarenrae (or in certain cases other deities including Iomedae, Torag and Shelyn) who would vouch for the cargo, to avoid the timely process of a search. This was in order to allow supplies to be delivered quickly in emergency situations.

Another technicality allows for royal messengers bearing a writ of passage to escape search.


Female Human Witch 3 / Rogue (Poisoner) 1

With a grimace, Tatya extracts the silver and sapphire pendant they took from the lifeless body of Sir Eldon. "Perhaps we are on a mission of mercy?" she suggests, hanging the bauble around her neck with distaste. "Indeed, if there are any on the naval vessel with minor injuries, we have healing to spare."

Suggest Tatya masquerade as a cleric of Iomedae. Anyone have a Knowledge (geography) or (current events) to give us a likely place we could be heading with emergency supplies? Tatya will use the iron circlet to alter her appearance before they get too close, but I'm headed out the door right now. Will have more time to post later.


Not in use

Thoughtful for a few moments before nodding decisively "A sound plan Tatya... I suggest we all prepare to do our part." pausing for a moment more before adding "Morthos, perhaps you could quietly convince our dear captain to remain silent during the endeavor? I would not trust his tongue to be delicate enough to avoid discovery."

With that Bostarg goes quickly to his travel desk and splashes a little more ink over his fingers. He then uses the power of the circlet to adjust his clothing to a pious smock of white and takes his position at Tatya's side... a scribe and book-keeping initiate to her priestess.


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53
Bostarg Halvardonwine wrote:
Thoughtful for a few moments before nodding decisively "A sound plan Tatya... I suggest we all prepare to do our part." pausing for a moment more before adding "Morthos, perhaps you could quietly convince our dear captain to remain silent during the endeavor? I would not trust his tongue to be delicate enough to avoid discovery."

Morthos nods and approaches the captain, hands clapsed behind his back while keeping his view out towards the approaching boat. Keeping his voice to a minimum, "You would do well to hold your tongue when they approach. My companions and I are more than capable of handling the situation. And just to be clear," he then turns to the man, "I am not asking." He states plainly and returns to the others.

Intimidate 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34


As he rejoins the others, "I shall be a protector, since I am not versed in any form of healing." Morthos then activates the circlet so he is not recognized and/or remembered as his normal self. "My name is Terrick Malthazar. I highly suggest we all come up with an alternate alias regardless of whether or not you decide to change your appearances. Our names are more likely known than our looks."


Male Halfling Monk (Zen Archer) 3

Aedorn looks around, considering. "I'm going to hide back there among those crates to provide cover if something goes wrong. Hopefully we won't need to use this," he says, patting his bow. He sets about creating a suitable hiding spot where he still has some visibility towards where the "priests" will be standing.

Take 20 on Stealth for 34


Female Human Witch 3 / Rogue (Poisoner) 1
Terrick Malthazar aka Morthos wrote:
As he rejoins the others, "I shall be a protector, since I am not versed in any form of healing." Morthos then activates the circlet so he is not recognized and/or remembered as his normal self. "My name is Terrick Malthazar. I highly suggest we all come up with an alternate alias regardless of whether or not you decide to change your appearances. Our names are more likely known than our looks."

"Then call me Sister Estella." Tatya adjusts her own clothing to reflect the colors of the Iomedaean priesthood. "I'll trust you to deliver the bulk of the lies," she murmurs to Bostarg, "while I stand ready to provide ample proof of their goddess's blessings on our mission." She presents the dead man's holy symbol sardonically.

Is Alazandaru's 26 on Knowledge (local) above enough to give us the name of some likely destination for our emergency supplies? Some town along the shore that could conceivably have an outbreak of disease or the like? Otherwise, Bostarg will need to make a Knowledge (geography) roll.


Not in use

Bostarg inclines his head in a show of mock piety "But of course Sister Estella..." bringing his head back up with a smirk solidly upon it "Words and lies shall be my pleasure." The curious gnome in the jarringly white smock then awaits the arrival of the other craft with hands tucked into the opposite sleeves.

Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 If needed... otherwise Bostarg will just make it up :P


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4
Tatya Ayresleigh wrote:

Is Alazandaru's 26 on Knowledge (local) above enough to give us the name of some likely destination for our emergency supplies? Some town along the shore that could conceivably have an outbreak of disease or the like? Otherwise, Bostarg will need to make a Knowledge (geography) roll.

Waiting on this.

Alazandaru himself decided he would pose as a bodyguard and carefully changed his clothing to match the uniform that would mark him as such.


Captain Odenkirk attempts to stare down Morthos for only a moment, then thinks better of it, allowing the man to do the talking. He instead eyes the crew, "They be in charge of this. The lot of you shut up and row."

At this point, you're far enough north the most probably lands would be those of the Yutak. A people often considered savage, they inhabit the frozen lands to the north of Talingarde, an island just to the northeast. While there are no established trade agreements, there is occasional peaceful contact between the Yutak and Talireans.


Female Human Witch 3 / Rogue (Poisoner) 1

Oh, how selfless of us to go to such trouble and expense on behalf of poor heathen savages. No doubt we will be simultaneously spreading the word of Iomedae and propaganda for kindly King Markadian who condescends to send charity to such a backward people. ;)


Not in use

Bostarg stands easily, rocking with the movement of the ship and awaiting the arrival of their inquisitors.

Ready to go when the Talireans are :)


King of Talingarde

As the ship approaches, it's name is clearly marked. The Blade of St. Martius. As the ship approaches, it's clear to see the soldiers lined across the deck, shortbows at the ready with a soldiers practice. The apparent captain calls out. "I am Captain Edward Sambryl of the Talirean navy. By order of the king, I call forth my Iomedaen given right to search your vessel and cargo. Prepare to be boarded."

Do you allow him to board, or discuss from a distance?


Female Human Witch 3 / Rogue (Poisoner) 1

"We would be pleased to extend you our hospitality, Captain," Tatya calls back, moving to the railing of the ship where her holy symbol is visible, "and to offer healing to any of your men who might be in need, but we carry emergency supplies and would ask that you complete your business as swiftly as possible, as if it were your own loved ones waiting desperately for our arrival."


Not in use

Remaining with head slightly bowed and at Sister Estella's side, Bostarg face is a masque of piety... though his eyes and mind are searching...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Looking for visible holy symbols on the guardsmen, and also attempting to pick out which of the others might be a second in command.

...as the vessels close, he defers to Sister Estella's words at the start... ready to step in if required, or if the Captain indeed sought to actually inspect the cargo.


King of Talingarde

The Captain looks over the crew of the Frosthammer for a moment before turning back to Sister Estella. "And for what reason would an Iomedaen priestess choose to travel with such ruffians? And to where do these supplies head? You are much farther north than the wise would travel. Unless these, 'men', have been deceiving you?"

Captain Sambryl bears the symbol of Iomedae on his longsword, though this is not uncommon amongst Talirean weaponry. None of his crew seem to wear a holy symbol per se, though religious iconography is prominent amongst the Talirean military. Sambryl's second in command is apparent from his tabard, bearing a station of lieutenant.


Female Human Witch 3 / Rogue (Poisoner) 1

"While it is true these men are not the most couth I have ever known," she admits, "their ship was available at the moment of need. Could I have lived with myself if my delay to obtain more comfortable and conventional transport had cost lives? As for our destination, my scribe is more knowledgeable than I about these climes, through which I admit I have never traveled before. As I understand it, some of the Yutak were in dire need and sought our king's charity and our goddess's mercy, is that not correct, brother?" She turns to Bostarg.

Aid Another to Bostarg's Bluff 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Not in use

Inclining his head at Tatya's words, Brother Maynard begins to thread together a tale. Consonants and vowels are plucked with care from the ether and woven together tightly into a cloth that is used to wrap the lies as they are spoken "Most dire Sister... most dire indeed. Word came that a tribe of the savage Yutak had been touched by the grace of the Inheritor. Their revelation was not kindly received by their pagan brethren and now the Tender Paw tribe lies outcast and bereft of hope. Their cries unto our divine mistress echoed through the air and reached the ears of our order. We sail with urgent supplies for the Tender Paws... and any delay may cost lives." desperation reaching into his voice at the end.

"Captain Sambryl, you must do as duty dictates and have all rights to search our meagre vessel... but I implore you, we are in need of haste most urgently and even minutes could lead to death and despair of our faithful brethren." as he finishes he bows once more to the Captain and keeps his head bowed. Even as he prostrates himself, his mind reaches out to touch that of the Lieutenant beside the Captain.

Thought Sown:
The lieutenant recalls a rumor heard perhaps in a tavern or at the barracks "Some sort of infighting between the Yutak beyond the wall. And not the normal clannish stuff, this is kin on kin."

Bluff: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
Perform (Oratory): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 Bugger - DC 20 Perception / Sense Motive to determine that Bostarg has cast a spell. And DC 16 Will save for the Lieutenant or he thinks the thought that I thunk at him.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17 To gauge if the Talireans take it as truth or falsehood.


King of Talingarde

The Captain turns to stare down the scribe as he speaks. As you weave your tale and your enchantment upon the man, for a moment you believe he has caught on, a grim look in his eyes. You realize the source to be elsewhere, in fact behind you, as he mutters to himself. "Savages probably plan to kill 'em all and sell the goods to the frozen savages." It seems it was meant for him and his nearby crew, but the words were said aloud enough for all to hear.

Looking at the sun for a moment, he turns back to Brother Maynard and Sister Estella. "Well, if that's your destination, I do recall hearing something about some infighting. Can't say I agree with helping them, seems they're helping us by fighting each other instead. But I'm not one to question a priestess, no matter how foolish. Though if you like, I would be glad to escort you back to port, and have your scribe deliver these goods. No reason to risk your head."

Dice:

SM 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
W 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Not in use

"Your offer is kind Captain, but un-necessary. Through communion Sister Estella has come to know that it must be she that delivers the supplies... and we will stay on missionaries in the hope that the grace of the Inheritor will spread throughout the North." sighing and looking longingly at the soldiers on The Blade "It pains me also that we would be unable to even request your escort or accompaniment. We are tasked with the Inheritor's will and we must bear the burden and trust to faith that our backs will remain unbroken."


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Alazandaru stood at attention, utterly committed to his role as the bodyguard; but under one sleeve, within a concealed pocket, his daggers seemed to call for his attention... He was tense and ready to spring into action should it be necessary.


Male Halfling Monk (Zen Archer) 3

Aedorn watches the ordeal with amusement from his hiding spot, hand on bow and ready for trouble, but relaxing a bit as the the pair seem to be handling this quite well.


Female Human Witch 3 / Rogue (Poisoner) 1

Tatya smiles sadly. "If I wished to preserve my own well-being, Captain, I would have stayed home and married; when I entered the service of the Inheritor, I accepted the charge of going into danger and discomfort at her bidding. In addition to the supplies we carry, the Yutak are in need of the positive energy that is channeled through my hands. But I appreciate your concern. If there are any injured among those under your charge, I will be happy to provide what healing I can before we part ways."


Morthos stands confidently--pleased with the effort of Tatya and Bostarg--knowing success is at hand. Far too easy. It's a wonder Talingarde hasn't already fallen with such fools employed.


King of Talingarde

"Your offer is appreciated, but none amongst my crew are currently in need. I shall pray that you all have a peaceful journey." If no one else has other words, Captain Sambryl takes his leave and allows you all to depart, though he waits for you to leave first.


Not in use

Brother Maynard inclines his head in a deferential bow "May the light of the Inheritor guide your way." before turning to Captain Kargeld "Please Captain, put sail to the wind once more"


Kargeld, who has had his head down this entire time, gives a look of hate at Sambryl. The Talirean captain smiles at the man in replay. For a moment, you think he may decide to blow your cover, but a subtle glance at Morthos and he gives the order. "Get a move on, men. There's a bad smell in the air here."

The boat begins to move away slowly, laden as it is. The Blade watches your departure before turning themselves towards a different direction, apparently still on patrol. Kargeld mutters under his breath as the move, several curses as it were followed by annoyance at not being allowed to take the other's head.


Not in use

Bostarg presses his tongue against the roof of his mouth to resist the urge to speak out at Captain Kargeld for his look and words... but remains in control and allows ease to re-enter his form as The Blade is lost to the horizon behind them.

Spitting over the side of the vessel and into the water as though to cleanse his mouth of some of the taint left behind by the words spoken, Bostarg smooths over his clothes with his hands. As he does so the facade of piety fades to nothingness and is replaced by his usual form. To Tatya he gives an inclination of his head "Sufficiently handled I thought?"


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53

Morthos, finally able to relinquish his disguise, moves over to Tatya and Bostarg as he peers out, keeping an eye on their ever fading visitor. "Well done." He nods to them both. "Your tongue is as sharp as any blade. Keep it honed. We will need it again."


Female Human Witch 3 / Rogue (Poisoner) 1

As soon as the Blade is out of sight, Tatya slips Sir Eldon's holy symbol over her head with a shudder of relief to have it off her, as if it were a large centipede, and drops it unceremoniously in her pack. "Sufficiently," she agrees with Bostarg, "if not satisfactorily. Between the two of us, we could have detroyed the faith of every man on that ship, given time. Sheep, all of them, mouthing platitudes they've been spoonfed and never thought to question. Let us hope that the Cardinal's plans prove fruitful enough to make up for the lost opportunity. Captain," she turns to Odenkirk, "I appreciate your restraint. It speaks well for the discipline enforced aboard your ship."


Not in use

Bostarg sighs as Tatya speaks of corruption "Indeed... but haste makes waste after all. Mayhap in time we shall have more freedom to work without restraint or shackles to bind us."


Female Human Witch 3 / Rogue (Poisoner) 1

Tatya gives the gnome a wry but resigned look. "As long as we are serving the Cardinal, it will always be his plans and timetable, not ours. Our successes will accrue to him, while our failures will be on our own heads."


Not in use

Chuckling dryly "Indeed... but I am free and not languishing in a cell awaiting execution. That minor blessing is worth some manner of servitude... for now"


Female Human Witch 3 / Rogue (Poisoner) 1

"Yes," she sighs, "there are debts to be repaid -- if any amount of service can wipe out such a mark in the ledger."


King of Talingarde

After your encounter with the blade, everything goes smoothly for the rest of the day. As you travel and night begins to descend, Odenkirk pushes forward from the delay, making for a cove he knows to hide the boat overnight.

As you approach, night having fallen, suddenly creatures spring up on deck. The water itself seems to rise up and take from, a host of elementals composed of water begin to move. Outside the boat, splashing can be heard as other creatures move about.

ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITION: As it's nightfall, everything has a 20% miss chance without darkvision. The boat was using a bullseye lanter (indicated at the front of the ship) to guide itself in, someone may use that to provide illumination.

Round 1
Alazandaru
Dolphins
Tatya
Odenkirk's Men
Odenkirk
Aedorn
Bostarg
Morthos
Triton N
Tritons

I'm utiilizing a different map for this encounter, using a google docs spreadsheet.

A Different Battle Map

Dice:

Aedorn 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Alazandaru 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Bostarg 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Morthos 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Tatya 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Odenkirk 1d20 ⇒ 18
Odenkirk's Men 1d20 ⇒ 20
Tritons 1d20 ⇒ 2
Triton N 1d20 ⇒ 7
Dolphins 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


HP 45/45, AC- 18, Touch- 14, Flat- 14, CMD- 21, Fort- +6, Ref- +9, Will- +2, Percep- +7, Init- +4

Alazandaru produced one of his fine daggers in a swift motion from his belt with his left hand as he snapped his wrist to trigger the spring contained within another hidden wrist sheath; arming his right. Within moments both of his daggers were in hand and he slashed at the elemental threatening Bostarg in a defensive manner.

Standard Action Attack VS Flat-Footed: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 4 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 63

21 AC due to defensive fighting.


King of Talingarde

Alazandaru's slash misses, unable to get a clear strike in the moonlight.

The dolphins, barely seen below the water, circle the boat, seemingly waiting for some event to occur.

Tatya, Bostarg, Aedorn, Morthos all up. All move Odenkirk and men in response.

ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITION: As it's nightfall, everything has a 20% miss chance without darkvision. The boat was using a bullseye lanter (indicated at the front of the ship) to guide itself in, someone may use that to provide illumination.

Round 1
Alazandaru (Attack WE4, miss)
Dolphins (Delay)
Tatya
Odenkirk's Men
Odenkirk
Aedorn
Bostarg
Morthos
Triton N
Tritons

I'm utiilizing a different map for this encounter, using a google docs spreadsheet.

A Different Battle Map

Dice:

1d100 ⇒ 11


Female Human Witch 3 / Rogue (Poisoner) 1

Tatya steps back, hoping the water creatures will target someone more able to put up a defense, drawing a small dagger that seems about as useful as a needle in this situation and watching the elemental warily.

5-foot-step to Q 14; draw dagger; total defense: AC=15

Knowledge (planes) check to identify the elementals and their abilities 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Am I supposed to be able to move my own token? I don't know how to do it.


Mission Male Human Antipaladin (Knight of the Sepulcher)4
Stats:
AC 23; Fort: +12, Ref: +6; Will: +12; Perc: +6; Int. +0; Hp's 53/53

Morthos steps over in front of the elemental from where Tatya just vacated, and swings his sword down toward the creature.

5' step to P 14

Mwk Longsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,870 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / WotW: A Knot of Thorns The First Parchment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.