Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

World's Most Interesting Silverhex Chronicles (002) [PFS Standard]

Game Master Great Green God

Team 002:
Perception
[dice=Airyn]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Blane]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Hallimir]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Zaratina]1d20-1[/dice]

Initiative
[dice=Airyn]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Blane]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Hallimir]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Zaratina]1d20+4[/dice]

Sense motive
[dice=Airyn]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Blane]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Hallimir]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Zaratina]1d20-1[/dice]


101 to 150 of 261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

"Of course my good man, how rude of me...I will also have an ale".

Hallimir reaches into his belt pouch and places a few siver on the counter (enough to pay for the drink plus a substantial tip) Hallimir has learnt his lessin from being ill observant of the way this town works.

"and we would greatly appreciate it if you could point us towards anyone who may be interested in this spider silk."


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

Through the power of mage hand the (party hopes!) they are served their drinks. At last the silent bar keep slides a tray with pair of extra drinks toward Hallimir and nods toward a curtained-off room near the back of the establishment. Lightning flashes outside followed quickly by a clap of thunder and whinnying of a startled horse.

Warm firelight, and erudite conversation in High-Taldane accents spills out from the curtains, while the rest of the tap room is dark, and made darker still by the weather outside.

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

Hallimir bows slightly to the bar keep and takes the tray of drinks and turns to the others.

"I am fairly certain that a suitable contact is behind that curtain....everyone coming?"

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

Blane will follow behind.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Male N Sylph Druid(Nature's Fang) 1 | hp 9/9 | AC 15, t:12, f:13 (+2 v ranged) | CMD: 13 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | spd 30 | init +2 | perception +7 | resist(elec) 5 | Aerial Agility 6/6 | Conditions: none

Airyn sets his drink down and stands, "Yes, let us meet this person."


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

dice:
1d4 ⇒ 3

The party pulls the curtain back to find a large wood-paneled room with dark red walls and furnishing and a big fireplace. A large table dominates the center of the room where a pair of men dressed for some sort of masquerade sit playing cards and discussing River Kingdoms politics.

For the following, roll one knowledge (planes) (if able) and open all the spoilers that apply.

Knowledge (planes) DC 20+:
The men are rakshasa, evil shape-changing native outsiders. The rakshasa is an evil spirit that cloaks itself in the guise of a humanoid creature that it might walk unseen among its prey. They embody what is taboo among most societies, and in the shape of those it seeks to defile, a rakshasa gorges itself on these hideous acts. Were they human, these acts of cannibalism, blasphemy, and worse would mark them as criminals condemned to the cruelest of hells.

Knowledge (planes) DC 25+:
Among the many arcane powers of the rakshasa (all seem to be competent sorcerers) is the ability to read minds.

Knowledge (planes) DC 30+:
Rakshasa are incredibly resistant to mage (SR 25) and damage of most sorts. Their only weakness being blessed weapons that can pierce their tough hides (DR 15/good and piercing).


"Ah, at last, our drinks." Says the robed man in the tiger mask with the red fez.

sense motive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

"And something else perhaps."

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

knowledge planes: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

"that depends if you are interested in some items that we have procured"

-Posted with Wayfinder


sense motive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

"Come, come, take a seat my good people. Our party is not scheduled to begin for while. And I think a distraction from politics is in order. I am Sobektus, and my sagely friend is D'Khanti Po." Says the man in the tailored suit and crocodile mask.

They both nod.


Blane Bonesnatcher wrote:
"that depends if you are interested in some items that we have procured"

"Please go on. We're not mind readers after all."

They both chortle.

Grand Lodge

Male N Sylph Druid(Nature's Fang) 1 | hp 9/9 | AC 15, t:12, f:13 (+2 v ranged) | CMD: 13 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | spd 30 | init +2 | perception +7 | resist(elec) 5 | Aerial Agility 6/6 | Conditions: none

Knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"Simple raw material, fresh spider silk. Are you both alchemists?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


"Alas no, but both Sobektus and I are familiar with the mutable nature of reality. I in terms more abstract spiritual and my friend in terms well, more pragmatic." Says the tiger in the fez.


"Indeed, I am a merchant of no small repute, and have many contacts in many arenas of commerce." Says the crocodile hooking his fingers into his suspenders. "But I am not in the mood to discuss business just now perhaps after a hand or two more. You are of course invited to join."

He offers the party the spare seats around the big table.

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

Hallimir places the drinks down on the table "Why thank you Sir, I will most definately join you..."

Hallimir takes a seat opposite the Crocodile, "with the state of the weather outside it might be best for us to relax here for a while anyway."

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

"i would be glad to join you." blane will sit down next to hallimer. "though i donk know what game you are playing."

since motive on crocodile guy: 1d20 ⇒ 7

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"I'm a terrible hand at cards," Zaratina apologizes. "I'll sit this out. I'm so bad, it would be more offensive than fun to anyone with skill."

Grand Lodge

Male N Sylph Druid(Nature's Fang) 1 | hp 9/9 | AC 15, t:12, f:13 (+2 v ranged) | CMD: 13 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | spd 30 | init +2 | perception +7 | resist(elec) 5 | Aerial Agility 6/6 | Conditions: none

"I am not skilled, put I came to this plane to learn and experience." he says, taking a seat.


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

Both men look disappointed at Zaratina's refusal to play.

Sobektus deals out the wooden panels of what seems to be a Varundi variation on a Harrow deck. There's something about the way he expertly deal out the cards that seems off. He's not cheating that the party can see, but there's still something....

While he deals D'Khanti explains the rules of the game , which plays a bit like Gin Rummy.

The group settles into the game with different players around the table winning different hands.

Eventually the conversation turns back to business and the party sees the opportunity to ask their questions.

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

"so i was wondering if u would be intrested in this spider silk glad and all this webbing that we have for its adhesive?"
"you wont find it much fresher than what we have without going out and harvesting it for yourselves."

-Posted with Wayfinder


D'Khanti looks to Sobektus who sighs and says: "Can't say that I do. There is no amount of tamarind and ginger chutney you can add to giant spider silk glands that would make them in the least bit palatable to me."

"No, you will have to sell such wares in the local poisoner's market. I know of a buyer or two you could try... assuming you have the stomach for it that is." He leaves the last statement hanging there like a challenge.

Hallimir already made his Diplomacy roll above if anyone else wants to aid or go it alone feel free to roll now.

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

Blane will try to assist
diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

I did??? Do you mean for this interaction or the gather info check?


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

The gather info.

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"Stomach it? Where are you sending us? The sewers?"


The masked gentlemen share a look between themselves.

"Don't be vulgar child. My friend is merely making the point that some people might take offense to having to deal with practitioners of the alchemedical arts who make their money by selling tinctures that kill. Although there are several possible afterlives to choose from, there are those who would consider it rude to rush the choice."


"Democracicrats no doubt."


"As certain as rain." D'Khanti concurs.

"Speaking of which, it grows dark, perhaps more light, young lady?" The man in the tiger mask and red fez says to Zaratina, though it seems bright enough in the room with it's fireplace, hanging brass lanterns, and lit candelabras to the party members.

Grand Lodge

Male N Sylph Druid(Nature's Fang) 1 | hp 9/9 | AC 15, t:12, f:13 (+2 v ranged) | CMD: 13 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | spd 30 | init +2 | perception +7 | resist(elec) 5 | Aerial Agility 6/6 | Conditions: none

"Whoever has the coin, is acceptable. Though I would prefer a healer to a death dealer, given the choice."


"Pragmatic. I like that in a man." Sobektus says nodding approvingly while rolling a cigarillo. "You've thought of Johannes Vox, I'm sure, perfectly acceptable though stubborn and opinionated. You might try, Ezmerlilly Vanderpoof the gnome. She been trying to get into the apothecary business, but has probably just gotten in over her fool head. Ha! She recently failed to deliver some promised goods to the Poisoners’ Guild, and is no doubt looking to make good on something before they decide to drastically renegotiate their contract. Heheheh." Sobektus finishes with a laugh at his own cleverness. He offers to direct the party to either merchant.

Total time spent: 3 hours. It is currently nighttime. What would you like to do?

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"Well, dead is dead, whether by blade or poison, right?" Zaratina posits, then looks around the room, confused. "More light? Uh. I guess I could go ask the patron for some more lanterns."

The Varisian woman turns to pass through the curtain and seek a few more lanterns.

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none
D'Khanti, Rakshasa philosopher wrote:


"My friend is merely making the point that some people might take offense to having to deal with practitioners of the alchemedical arts who make their money by selling tinctures that kill. "

"A blacksmith does not feel guilty for selling his blades to those who would use them for ill. I see no difference in our current situation." Hallimir states in aloof tone with a shrug of his shoulders.

And yes, we have heard of Mr Vox....however, our contacts have advised that we should seek alternative clients if at all possible. Apparently he is becomming less than reliable. But this Gnome sounds like an interesting lead...." turning to Airyn "selling to an apothecary and having the chance to aid someone in need....sounds like a win/win, don't you think Airyn."

Grand Lodge

Male N Sylph Druid(Nature's Fang) 1 | hp 9/9 | AC 15, t:12, f:13 (+2 v ranged) | CMD: 13 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | spd 30 | init +2 | perception +7 | resist(elec) 5 | Aerial Agility 6/6 | Conditions: none

"I agree. Let's pay a visit to this Ezmerlilly Vanderpoof." He nods.


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

When would you like to go see Ezmerlilly Vanderpoof?


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

I only ask because it is past normal business hours. ;)

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

Well i think it will have to be in the morning that we go and try and ralk to her

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Male N Sylph Druid(Nature's Fang) 1 | hp 9/9 | AC 15, t:12, f:13 (+2 v ranged) | CMD: 13 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | spd 30 | init +2 | perception +7 | resist(elec) 5 | Aerial Agility 6/6 | Conditions: none

"In the morning."

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

"Agreed. Lets turn in for the night. Meet back here at first light."

i'm assuming we still have lodgings from our first few nights in Daggermark waiting for Ulisha

Hallimir returns to his lodgings for the evening.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"I suppose a proper bath would be nice," Zaratina muses. "And respectable gnomes probably don't operate at night, right?"


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

The next morning the party travels to Market Corners, a six-way intersection near the heart of Daggermark. The place is packed with merchant stands and morning shoppers.

The party finds the corner indicated by gentlemen the night before but don't find anything resembling an apothecary, until Airyn spots the small figure of a gnome woman in a long coat lurking just around the corner in a shallow alleyway. Bright emerald-colored hair pokes out from under her broad-brimmed hat.

dice:
Airyn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Blane: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Hallimir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Zaratina: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

"i wonder where this gnome is or if were just being given a run around?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

It is probably safe to assume that Airyn points the rest of the party in the right direction.

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Zaratina watches a series of interestingly shaped clouds until Airyn nudges her. "What? Oh! Yes. That is, indeed, a gnome."


"HEY! YOU! YEAH YOU FOUR! What are you lookin' at huh? You up to no good? I swear I'll scream for the guards to come if I've got too!" Shouts the indignant gnome from across the street.

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

Hallimir walks slowly over to the Gnome with both his hands held clearly showing that he holds no weapons.

"Ah good Morning, would you happen to be the good Doctor Ezmerlilly Vanderpoof? We were told that she might have some interest in aquiring some supplies for her apocethary."

-Posted with Wayfinder


"Doctor? Yes! Yes, I'm Doctor Venderepoof. Who are you and more important who told you where to find me?" She says looking up and down the street.

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"Did you catch their names? They sounded Osiriani and were very, very long." Zaratina asks Blane.

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

"Sobektus i do believe it was. It was over a game of cards that he told us about you and that you might be in need of some emergency help and that we might have what you need."

-Posted with Wayfinder


"I don't know anyone by that name." She says eyeing Blane suspiciously. The party can overhear the sound of glass vials tinkling against one another under her coat. "Well? What do you want?"

There are multiple ways of negotiating with her (i.e. bluff, diplomacy, intimidate). One way is more difficult than the others, while another is much easier.

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

"well we have aquired some freshly gathered adhesive from a shroudweaver nest not far from here. We believe that it would be best to sell it to an apocethary rather than an assassin. But if you are not interested I am sure that we can find another buyer"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

-Posted with Wayfinder


"Oh really?" Vanderpoof says. She crosses her arms, and cocks an impressively skeptical eyebrow at the half-elf.

101 to 150 of 261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / World's Most Interesting Silverhex Chronicles (001) [PFS Standard] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.