Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

World's Most Interesting Silverhex Chronicles (002) [PFS Standard]

Game Master Great Green God

Team 002:
Perception
[dice=Airyn]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Blane]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Hallimir]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Zaratina]1d20-1[/dice]

Initiative
[dice=Airyn]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Blane]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Hallimir]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Zaratina]1d20+4[/dice]

Sense motive
[dice=Airyn]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Blane]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Hallimir]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Zaratina]1d20-1[/dice]


1 to 50 of 323 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

Another rainy day in Daggermark. You've been in the City of Assassins and Poisoners now for two dreary days sipping expensive imported coffees in small corner cafe, and specialty book seller called The Last Drop. It is almost dinner time and there's been no sign of your contact, a half-orc explorer and freelance adventurer named Ulisha. She was supposed to be here yesterday wearing white and yellow daisies in her hat's hatband so you could recognize her, Daggermark being more of a tulip town. Instead you waited 10 hours in the coffee shop having to order expensive drinks to retain your seats.

According Janira Gavix your fellow Pathfinder and one-time instructor, and until yesterday, traveling companion, Ulisha is a bit of ne'er-do-well always in and out of trouble and here in the midst of the River Kingdoms, a collection of freebooting micro-realms and city-states one can get into all sorts of trouble. Apparently this time the trouble is too much for Ulisha to handle. She sent word to her contacts to get word to the Pathfinder Society with whom she has had an on again, off again relationship--to tell the Society that she is willing to part with an ancient druidic artifact--the legendary Silverhex. She is willing to sell it to the Society at a deep discount.... Unfortunately the only Society members to get the message and be close enough to reach her in time were yourselves and Janira who where supposed to be on a training mission of sorts to the River Kingdoms, but really it turned out to be an excuse for Janira to get to Daggermark for "important family business". By the time word reached your band there was no time to collect the money from a Lodge (in fact, Lodges are hard to come by in anywhere near the River Kingdoms. So instead the party headed to the clandestine meeting with only the money in their pockets hoping to buy time and get more information.

And so you've been waiting for two days in the expensive coffee shop forced to buy expensive coffee to ward off the stares of the severe-looking gnome barista, all while watching what little money you have disappear on room, board and, of course, coffee. Janira has gone off to her family leaving the group to its own devices, which as newly inducted Pathfinders are few indeed.

Sit down, have a cuppa, (re)introduce yourselves, and figure out what you want to do.

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

Hallimir stretches and leans back in his chair, his stomach beginning to turn slightly from his tenth cup of coffee in only hours.

"So how long are we supposed to sit here and wait for this half-orc?" He says, looking over to Airyn on the other side of the table.

"I mean, I enjoy a nice coffee as much as the next pathfinder....probably more than most, actually....but this is getting a little tedious".

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

Blane starting to twich and shake alittle from all the coffee.
" im not sure but this is really delicious and interesting stuff were drinking here."
Blane looks around hoping to see the person that we are waiting for.
" im blane by the way nice to meet everyone."
He raises a shaky paw out to everyone to shake there hand.

The Exchange

"Well, you're not shaking too badly, so are you all ready for another cup? Just name your poison." Asks the prim-looking gnome barista. She looks prim, but you know for a fact that she's the type to be hiding druidic-looking tattoo on her lower back.

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Zaratina entertains herself by crumpling parchment into balls and ricocheting them off of furniture so that they strike her fellow Pathfinders from the flank.

"Sorry," the Varisian woman says for the dozenth time and adds for the dozenth time, "Bored."

"If only there was someone to arm wrestle or wrestle-wrestle or box with to pass the time," she sighs.

The Exchange

"So that will be a Simulator (our Triple Espresso with extra sugar) for the lady, and what are the rest of you having?"

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"Will it give me enough energy so that that time appears to fold on itself, thus allowing me to test my martial skills against my future self? If so, good choice!"

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

"thank you for the offer. But I think I may have had my fill for now. " Hallimir says to the Barista.

"But I am curious....we are waiting to meet a friend of ours. A half-orc by the name of Ulisha. Has she by any chance left a message or something for us. "

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

"Huh? Let me think. It's been so busy here the last few days, what with the open stage and all...."

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

"Well she would have been wearing white and yellow daisies in her hats headband if that helps...I imagine a half orc wearing a hat like that would have stood out a bit" hallimor states as he looks around at the other clientele.

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

"I don't know. I mean, I see an awful lot of people and the days here are so long."

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

Sense Motive : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Maybe its all the coffee he has been having, but Hallimir truely believes that the Barista does not know who is he referring to. unless her bluff check is really bad.....or if shes telling the truth

"of course, I completely understand. Thank you for your help."

Hallimir then stands up and looks around. "perhaps some of your other clients have seen her".

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

"Yep. Long hard hours for little pay...."

It's not really that secret of a message.

Grand Lodge

Male N Sylph Druid(Nature's Fang) 1 | hp 9/9 | AC 15, t:12, f:13 (+2 v ranged) | CMD: 13 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | spd 30 | init +2 | perception +7 | resist(elec) 5 | Aerial Agility 6/6 | Conditions: none

The sylph stands for an awkwardly long time, examining the offerings of the gnome barrista. Finally, he asks, "Do you have chocolate?"

The Exchange

"YES!" She says almost angrily, and stomps away form the table.

Now you can make a sense motive check (DC 15):
She is upset with your table for not offering her a bribe for the information you are looking for, after she's put in so much work to tease it out of you.

I should also like to point out that the powerful Poisoner's Guild is a thing in this city.

Grand Lodge

Male N Sylph Druid(Nature's Fang) 1 | hp 9/9 | AC 15, t:12, f:13 (+2 v ranged) | CMD: 13 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | spd 30 | init +2 | perception +7 | resist(elec) 5 | Aerial Agility 6/6 | Conditions: none

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

"Ahh. I do enjoy chocolate." Airyn follows the gnome to her counter, his wispy form almost seems to float along, "Here is... 5 gold pieces? For the chocolate. And have you seen Ulisha?"

The Exchange

From her vantage point on a short bookshelf ladder set into the counter the barista looks at Airyn and his coins. She puts down a flour bag hand-marked marked: "For vermin of all kinds" and makes the coins disappear so quickly that Airyn is not sure that actually put any down.

"I think your friend was interested in a book up there." She nods to a bookshelf behind the party's table. The topmost shelf has a leather journal with a handful of daisies sprouting from its top....


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

Silverhex II handouts updated. Unlocked pages 2-8.

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

After the others have had a chance to peruse Ulisha's journal, Zaratina makes a suggestion. "Let's go hunt spiders!"

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

Blane perks up at this "spiders havnt tried mind tourcher on them yet."
Blane pulls out his leather journal
"all set lets go"

-Posted with Wayfinder


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

Hallimirbot agrees. Hallimar is going to be out of action for a few days.

The spot marked on Ulisha's journal map is a good 30 miles away in the depths of the Shroudwood. With a base speed of 30 through the terrain you would be traveling it would take a whole day's worth of walking to get there, and another to return. Assuming that base speed of course. How would you like to proceed?

Stuff you aught to know about Daggermark and Giant Shroudweaver Spiders Roll once for each of the following Knowledge checks (knowledge (local) and (nature)). Remember you can only receive and uncover a max result of 10 if you are untrained in a knowledge, and cannot even attempt the check if the DC is higher than 10. Open all the spoilers that apply to your result(s).

knowledge (local) DC 10+:
Daggermark is one of the River Kingdoms. It is an exercise in anarchy, as anyone can hire assassins at affordable rates.

knowledge (local) DC 15+:
These hires come from an Assassins’ Guild, which has found a particularly deadly partner in a Poisoners’ Guild that also operates out of Daggermark.

knowledge (local) 20+:
Because anyone can hire an assassin, everyone in Daggermark tends to be overly polite. Most leaders don’t last very long, as anyone taking exception to their policies can hire deadly force rather easily.

knowledge (local) DC 25+:
You think you know enough about the day-to-day politics of Daggermark to find another merchant should Johannes Vox prove unreliable. You receive a +2 circumstance bonus on checks to find another merchant.[ooc]

-----------

knowledge (nature) DC 11+:
Giant Shroudweaver spiders are known for their venom, which is known to weaken their prey.

knowledge (nature) DC 16+:
Shroudweaver webs contain a strong adhesive that is used as a stabilizer in volatile poisons. This adhesive is most valuable when it is fresh; the silk glands of a freshly killed spider are the best source.

knowledge (nature) DC 21+:
You know exactly where the silk glands are located. [ooc]This provides a +2 bonus on any check to harvest the glands.

Grand Lodge

Male N Sylph Druid(Nature's Fang) 1 | hp 9/9 | AC 15, t:12, f:13 (+2 v ranged) | CMD: 13 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | spd 30 | init +2 | perception +7 | resist(elec) 5 | Aerial Agility 6/6 | Conditions: none

Know(local,un): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

"I've read about Daggermark. It's famous even on my own plane as an exercise in practical anarchy. Assassins can be quite affordable here."

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

knowledge nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Blane pulls out another journal and finds his notes about these spiders. "guys these shroudweaver spiders have a venom that weaken you if bite by them. Also there web is extremely sticky and you should not get in it and it makes a grest stabalizer for so really strong poison."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"Then I suppose we can sell the glands to some of these affordable assassins," Zaratina remarks. "I will go make sure I have enough food for the trip."

Grand Lodge

Male N Sylph Druid(Nature's Fang) 1 | hp 9/9 | AC 15, t:12, f:13 (+2 v ranged) | CMD: 13 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | spd 30 | init +2 | perception +7 | resist(elec) 5 | Aerial Agility 6/6 | Conditions: none

"I've got my supplies already." he looks around at the party, "Does anyone need to stop to make a purchase?"

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

"no i believe that i have everything that i need."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

"Given what you said about their webs Blane. I would like to stop and purchase a few vials of universal solvent......quite good at disolving adhesives of all kind".

At 25GP I think its well worth the investment to have one or two each

On the way out of Daggermark, Hallimir purchases two vials of Universal Solvent.

-Posted with Wayfinder


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

With solvent in hand Hallimar leads the way out of the city toward the Shroudwood, a dark blot on the horizon that just grows bigger and darker the closer they get.

They walk through cheerless gray drizzle, through the surrounding farmland until human habitations grow scarce. In the wildlands beyond, they march through wet scrubland hills and thistle-filled dales until they reach the edge of the woods.

Down below in the valley they can make out the nearest farms miles away. But looming before them, taking up their entire view of the south, is the old forest with its grasping, claw-shaped trees and their darkly shadowed eaves.

It is mid-afternoon though it is difficult to tell with the gray skies overhead.

Whatcha wanna do?

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Zaratina rejoins the group, leading her mule that is now laden with sufficient feed, rations, and a few other sundries.

"The rain is a bit cool today," Zaratina says with a slightly dampened smile, "But at least it's not a thunderstorm!"

Purchased: 3 days rations, 3 days feed, 1 universal solvent, and 1 antitoxin.

Is there anything else to do but proceed?


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

Into the forest the party proceeds. The thick canopy and gray conditions provide only dim lighting. In the shadows the group hears furtive movements beneath the ground cover and overhead. Dark silhouettes loom out of the forest at every side, while strange chirps and calls echo all about.

Conditions dim lighting.

Please make a Survival check (DC 15) to avoid becoming lost.

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Zaratina lights a candle inside a small lamb and marches through the eerie woods, whistling a Varisian tune, content to follow the path of least resistance.

Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male N Sylph Druid(Nature's Fang) 1 | hp 9/9 | AC 15, t:12, f:13 (+2 v ranged) | CMD: 13 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | spd 30 | init +2 | perception +7 | resist(elec) 5 | Aerial Agility 6/6 | Conditions: none

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Airyn is spooked by the surroundings, despite himself. "Give me a good thunderstorm over this drab drizzle any day. Each horizon looks the same!"

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

is the survival cause of dim light if so i have darkvision. I will give you a survival just incase its not.

"ah a good damp day reminds me of home." blane just cheerfully walks along.

survival: 1d20 ⇒ 16

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

Hallimir pulls out his wayfinder and attempts to ensure they remain on the path shown on the map.

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

"I knew this would come in handy, I wonder how much further the nest is?"

As comfortable as Hallimir is in the shadows and the dark, the looming noises of the forrest begin to trigger bad memories of the last time he travelled though dangerous terrain and almost died from a flea bite.

Hallimir shudders slightly at the memory, and rubs the wound on his neck. He immediately draws his new Curve Blade, its blade shimmering in the dim light, and tries to sharpen his senses for any danger.

-Posted with Wayfinder


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2
Blane Bonesnatcher wrote:
is the survival cause of dim light if so i have darkvision. I will give you a survival just incase its not.

Nope, it's not about the dark. It is just easy to get lost in a forest if you can't see the sun, and the only landmarks you have are trees. It's worse in the dark because even people with darkvision can't see that far.

By the way Blane where are you getting your modifier to your initiative check? I don't see any notation for it on your character sheet *hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge* and is Blane a guy, gal or other? That's not really listed either. Never mind. I found a personal pronoun. All the other stuff that normally goes onto such a sheet would be appreciated though.

As Airyn composes a new idiom, and Zaratina walks off into the woods somewhere to the left, Blane and Hallimir both point in the direction they think is best.

A minute or two later and Zaratin returns to the group thereby proving that the direction she was walking in was every bit as valid as the majority vote--simply more scenic.

After a considerable walk down some very bleak and cobwebbed paths, the party finds it self standing on a small rock ledge overlooking a webbed clearing. The webs are thicker here than they have been thus far, appearing newer and white, rather than the dingy gray of those seen earlier. These webs crisscross the canopy above, most strands meeting near the center to support a large globe of webbing the size of a large pumpkin just to its west.

Map updated.

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"Oh! I think we have found our spiders!" She sets down her lamp and straps on her shield. "Can any of you make magical light?"

Grand Lodge

Male N Sylph Druid(Nature's Fang) 1 | hp 9/9 | AC 15, t:12, f:13 (+2 v ranged) | CMD: 13 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | spd 30 | init +2 | perception +7 | resist(elec) 5 | Aerial Agility 6/6 | Conditions: none

"I don't need light, but I could carry yours." Airyn says as he draws his sickle.

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

for blanes initiative he gets +3 for his dex, +2 for reactionary trait, and +4 for his familiar, he is also a male rat folk.

"hmmm yes this looks like the right place, now where are the spiders." blane starts to look around to see if he can spot any of them.

perception : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

Hallimir grips his curve blade a little tighter as they approach the tangle of webs. He checks his solvent quietly, making sure it is secured in his bandolier and within easy reach.

Zaratina wrote:
"Can any of you make magical light?"

"Here Zaratina ", Hallimir walks over to Zaratina and pops open his wayfinder and speaks the command word "LUMOS ".

Suddenly the wayfinder begins to shine and cast light all around. He then closes the wayfinder to conceal the light.

"I can see in the dark so your welcome to use this...but please be careful....it means a great deal to me".

Hallimir then hands the wayfinder to Zaratina by a short chain which allows it to be attached to the outside of her clothing.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"Thank you. I appreciate it," she says as she takes the wayfinder and attaches it to her belt.

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

"well we will not find this adhesive standing around, lets go."

Hallimir begins to carefully and slowly decend the outcroppings towards the tangle of webs, sticking to shadows or dense foliage where possible

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

-Posted with Wayfinder


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2
Blane Bonesnatcher wrote:
.... +4 for his familiar....

What breed of toy winged mastodon do you own? Inquiring minds. ;)

Distracted by all the flapping and loud trumpeting, Blane does not notice much aside from mummified birds hanging like gruesome ornaments from above.

The web orb and the thickest parts of the web is 30' above the ground. The nearby rocks and trees have a base-line DC of 15 to climb.

Dark Archive

Ratfolk TN Witch 1/ HP= 8:8/ AC= 14 touch=14 FF=11/ F=+2 R=+3 W=+3/ per=+3/ init= +9/ knowledge his,nat,planes=+9/ spell+9

blane has a greensting scorpion which gives the bonus+4 initiative

Blane will cast mage armor on himself and slowly follow behind headed towards the big knot of webbing

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Male Half Elf Rogue/1; HP 10/10 | AC:18 t:15; ff:14; | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs enchant/divination | CMB +2; CMD 16 (12ff) | Spd 30 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +6 | Acro +8 | Stealth +8 | SensM +4 | Darkvision 30ft | Conditions : none

As Hallimir is decending he is constantly scanning the trees and webs for spiders.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

But is obviously too distracted by the orb to notice anything. sigh....dice do not like me lately

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"Hmm. This is a risk, but--" She removes her shield and stows it. She pulls her dagger and holds it between her teeth before she tries to climb the tree.

Climb, ACP: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 2 = 15


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2
Hallimir Duskrin wrote:
sigh....dice do not like me lately
Zaratina wrote:
"Hmm. This is a risk, but--" She removes her shield and stows it. She pulls her dagger and holds it between her teeth before she tries to climb the tree.

Remember you can always take 10 so long as you are not under any great stress (like being chased by horrible monsters).

You can climb at 1/4 your normal speed as a move action or with a -5 penalty you can climb at half speed. You need both hands to climb but you can hang on with just one. Currently Zaratina is about 7 feet up.

Map updated. I moved everyone down close to the tree the silk ball is attached to.

Grand Lodge

230524-10 | Female NG Human (Varisian) Fighter 1.1 | HP 14/14 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | F +5 R +2 W -1 | Init +4 | Perc -1 SM -1 | Speed 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Zaratina continues to carefully scale the tree.

"Dohb eth abbithim eeth mih," she mumbles as she gets higher and higher.

Take 10 on Climb checks for 16 then, moving at 1/4 speed.


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

dice:

1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 4 = 23
1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 4 = 33
Airyn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Blane: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Hallimir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Zaratina: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Airyn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Blane: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Hallimir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Zaratina: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

After a steady climb, Zaratina makes it to the bulbous knot of webs.

She's 30 feet up. Remember too that you can double move in a round. But unless you have a climb speed you need to roll climb for each time.

Suddenly a black, scuttling thing the size of big jungle cat rushes down the tree behind Blane, and, while still perched on the side of the tree, opens its damp mouth parts and bites him hard on the shoulder. By the grim skull pattern on the thing's distended abdomen you can all tell it is shroudweaver.

Black v Blane (charge, higher ground, v flat-footed): 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 15 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Blane make a Fort save (DC 14); failure:
1d2 ⇒ 2 Strength Damage

Surprise Round and Round 1! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Giant (medium-sized) Shroudweaver! (Surprise round actions only)
__ Airyn (Surprise round actions only)
__ Zaratina

__ Giant (medium-sized) Shroudweaver!
__ Hallimar
__ Airyn
__ Blane -2 hp

Map updated

Blane, when do think you'll have your character sheet up? I ask, because right now you don't seem to have any spells, or gear, or a familiar.

Grand Lodge

Male N Sylph Druid(Nature's Fang) 1 | hp 9/9 | AC 15, t:12, f:13 (+2 v ranged) | CMD: 13 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | spd 30 | init +2 | perception +7 | resist(elec) 5 | Aerial Agility 6/6 | Conditions: none

"Jump down, I've got you!"

Airyn studies the creature, looking for weak spots.

Airyn will cast feather fall on Blane if he jumps or falls


♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | First Steps | Hall 1-2 | Hall 4-5 | Silverhex 1 | Silverhex 2

As far as I can tell, Blane is standing on the ground. Zaratina is 30' up the tree.

1 to 50 of 323 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / World's Most Interesting Silverhex Chronicles (001) [PFS Standard] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.