Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Will Cooper's Realm of the Fellnight Queen (Inactive)

Game Master Will Cooper


101 to 150 of 234 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Male Aasimar (Raised by Halflings) Barbarian 1 / Lame Oracle of Life 6

Tudan breaks out in a smile. "Thank you, child. Here's a penny, so you're fishing for free today." He hands the little girl a copper, and then gives one to Mister Clansom to rent a standard competition rod, though he has his own hooks and twine.

Setting up on the bridge, Tudan carefully scans the stream, looking for a little white paper fish. Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Thinking he spotted his target, the experienced fisherman lowers his borrowed hook and tries to pick it up. Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Halak hefts three horseshoes in his own huge fist, and throws them at their target with a practiced flick of his wrist. You get the feeling that none of the locals ever want to play against him, and he's relishing skilled opponents. He aims for the middle distance with his first two throws, and goes for broke with his third.

Halak's throws:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 vs 20
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 vs 20
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 vs 25

"A tie!" he cries out, "Between myself and Gideon here. We must throw a decider!" There's a murmur of excitement and interest in the crowd.

Surveen is out of the little contest. Gideon, pick a target and throw one horseshoe. Halak will then try to beat your score. Big Prizes Up For Grabs!


Tudan, you haul up a beautifully folded red paper carp. When you take it to Mister Clansom he exclaims, "Well done, well done indeed!" and gives you a hard-boiled egg, its shell painted with bright flowers. You're not sure he noticed that you're not a six year old.

"Have another go!" the old man urges enthusiastically.


Male Undine Monk 7 HPs:42/42, AC 20, (T19, FF16) CMD: 25 (27 grapple)

"Go on Gideon, is a proper contest now!" laughs Surveen as he claps Gideon as he readies to throw.


Male Aasimar (Raised by Halflings) Barbarian 1 / Lame Oracle of Life 6

Tudan laughs. "Very pretty," he says grinning. "And nutritious!! Thank you. Maybe I'll do even better this time!" A well-armed and -armored figure in a well-worn explorer's outfit, with the distinctive metallic golden hair of his kind, the adventurous aasimar stands out clearly among the children and old men on the bridge; but he's always at ease, treating everyone as a friend that he hasn't met yet.

Amused by the innocent fun, and drawn to the challenge, Tudan once again tries to espy the elusive white fish. Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 Whether he sees it or not, the optimistic outdoorsman lowers his hook once more for another paper fish. Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Human Fighter 1, Wizard (Evocation Admixturist) 5, Eldritch Knight 1

The pale wizard stands mute, watching as his companions play this odd game of skill.

"I'll just watch, thank you very much."


Hit another internet dead zone; but today we're in a decent size town with some wifi.

Tudan spots a single bright white paper fish, tiny amid its brightly colored companions. With a deft flick of his wrist he hooks the brass ring through its nose and reels it in. The gathered children clap and 'ooh' and 'ahh'.

Mister Clansom exclaims loudly when you show him, "Oh good show, well done indeed! I have something special put aside for that fish... now where did I leave it?" he starts rummaging through bags and boxes of candy and wooden toys and painted jewelry. "Just a moment..."

Gideon's throw, then we'll scoot along to the ceremony.


Male Aasimar (Raised by Halflings) Barbarian 1 / Lame Oracle of Life 6

Tudan gives a gracious bow to the assemblage of youth. "I spent a lot of time fishing to get that good. Practice yourselves, and bring home food to your families, and someday you might do the same." I think I'm obligated to give them some kind of positive lesson...


"Kiss me for luck, Spark."

The tiny Lyrakien plants an equally tiny kiss on Gideon's cheek. "Go for the close one. He just got lucky before, you just need to score."

"Here goes nothing!"

Throw vs DC 15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Oh no! I hope he misses too!


Mister Clansom emerges triumphant from his rummaging, and presents Tudan with a small box of finely carved rosewood. "Keep this safe young 'un. It might save your life! Aha! Now be along the lot of you, the ceremony's about to start. Don't you hear the bells?"

The box rattles slightly when you take it.

***

Halak grimaces commiseration as Gideon's throw falls well wide, and casts his horseshoe.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 vs DC 15.

The half orc throws his hands in the air in an exagerated gesture of dismay. "This cannot be!" Further remonstrating with the fates and gods of fair-stall games are forestalled by the sound of sweet bells ringing from the chapel of Shelyn.

His shoulders slump, "Ah. Is time for ceremony. You come back and we finish this, after marriage." Halak fixes a mock-serious glare on Gideon, to impress on him the importance of concluding their contest. Then he grins and claps one hand on each of Gideon's and Surveen's shoulders. "Come. We still get good seats, maybe."


"Yes, afterwards. Maybe Surveen will even manage to hit a couple now that he's seen how the professionals do it!"


Male Aasimar (Raised by Halflings) Barbarian 1 / Lame Oracle of Life 6

Tudan bows slightly, holding the box with both hands. "Thank you Mister Clansom. I will keep it very safe indeed." But of course, he can't resist looking inside on the way to the ceremony. If its total weight is less than four pounds, then he also puts it in his handy haversack.


Male Undine Monk 7 HPs:42/42, AC 20, (T19, FF16) CMD: 25 (27 grapple)

Sorry last post was eaten up in a crash.

Surveen laughs at the good nature taunts, walking with Halak and Gideon to the ceremony. "Ha, Ha Gideon I am honored to be taught to throw shoes by such a professional as you, Ha haha! Lets go see how a professional cleric can handle our friend Elyin in this marriage ceremony, Haha ha!" He merrily tries to force a fast pace, pushing the other two so they can find that seat Halak was mentioning.


Male Human Fighter 1, Wizard (Evocation Admixturist) 5, Eldritch Knight 1

The lanky mage simply shook his head and smiled as his companions bickered amongst themselves. This would prove to be a most amusing day.


You make your way to the benches in the amphitheater as the bells of the chapel ring out. There are a few seats left - you could sit near the front in the second row. Or on the far left hand side about halfway back. Or you can remain standing right at the back.

Wherever you decide to sit, just let me know, you soon hear the bells give one final silvery peal, and Elyin and Kailah emerge from the chapel, the priestess by their side and preceded by bridesmaids, groomsmen, and musicians. The procession arrives at the amphitheater and the celebrants climb the small podium under the gazebo.

The priestess speaks in a clear ringing tone, "Friends, family, and well-wishes all, welcome on this blessed day. We are gathered here to celebrate the love of two people, and their commitment to life, and to that shared love. We begin, as tradition teaches, with music from the hymnal of Shelyn, Melodies of Inner Beauty." the priestess gestures at the musicians, who strike up a haunting and delicate air on wind and string instruments.

Tell me where you are seated, and make a perception roll.


Male Aasimar (Raised by Halflings) Barbarian 1 / Lame Oracle of Life 6

Tudan still needs to find out what prize he got. He'll be standing at the back, peeking in his rosewood box.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Male Undine Monk 7 HPs:42/42, AC 20, (T19, FF16) CMD: 25 (27 grapple)

Surveen will sit with Halak and Gideon, I assume that with Halak's insistence they would end up on the 2nd row, if Gideon makes it to the 2nd row.
Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

From his position in the gathering of Eylin's friends, the undine is transported by the music and start of the ceremony. He almost wishes the leaves of the trees to fall and flutter down like confetti. The normally alert Surveen is less than concentrated on his surroundings, except the bride, groom, the priest and the music.


Gideon sits with the others in the second row.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Tudan:
Inside the carved rosewood box, padded with a handful of straw is a greenish herbal potion in a small clear vial. A handwritten label reads Sovereign Remedy for Wounds. It's a potion of cure serious wounds, one dose.

Gideon, Surveen:
Almost drowned by the swelling symphony of music, you hear a discordant buzzing or humming. You can't tell where it comes from. At the same time you notice several of the bridesmaids trying to brush away insects from the corsages of flowers they wear. One of them, a young girl no more than 6 years old, stifles a squeak as she is stung.

The music swells to a crescendo, as the priestess sings of love, the many splendored thing that lifts us up where we belong.


Male Aasimar (Raised by Halflings) Barbarian 1 / Lame Oracle of Life 6

The aasimar looks in the box and ooohs. Then he puts it away, bring his attention back to the present, and pays attention to the love song.


Male Undine Monk 7 HPs:42/42, AC 20, (T19, FF16) CMD: 25 (27 grapple)

Surveen sees a little girl get stung, he tuens to Halak and Gideon, "Did you see and hear that! There appears to be a hive of bees or wasps present at the funeral. And they ain't very friendly either, see they stung that little girl. Excuse me, I'll go over and comfort her." Sureen rises and moves to help the young girl.


Male Undine Monk 7 HPs:42/42, AC 20, (T19, FF16) CMD: 25 (27 grapple)
Surveen Walsh wrote:
Surveen sees a little girl get stung, he tuens to Halak and Gideon, "Did you see and hear that! There appears to be a hive of bees or wasps present at the funeral. And they ain't very friendly either, see they stung that little girl. Excuse me, I'll go over and comfort her." Sureen rises and moves to help the young girl.

It was pointed out I managed to make this wedding into a funeral ... whoops my most profound apologies..I meant wedding as in .... wasps present at the wedding. So replace that above. Good job I am not a priest is all I can say .. :)


Male Aasimar (Raised by Halflings) Barbarian 1 / Lame Oracle of Life 6

To be honest, Tudan isn't paying the best attention... but it's hard not not to notice his big, blue friend stepping forward during a formal ceremony. A wedding, to be precise -- though every beginning is an ending to something else (and vice-versa), and so it could also be considered a funeral for Elyin's singleness.


New post tomorrow - sorry for the delay :)


As Surveen stands to help the stung bridesmaid, the singing is interrupted in mid song. The priestess gasps and swats at her arm. A low booming buzz erupts from the tree-line behind the ceremony and thousands upon thousands of bees rise in a black and gold swarm behind the celebrants. The roiling mass of insects heads straight for Elyin and Kaileh, eliciting screams of terror from among the gathered well-wishers.

Roll initiative. The Awakened Bee Swarms get 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17. Gideon and Surveen are not surprised and may act in the first round. Tudan and Sharadon didn't see this coming! Note this is a complex situation with a crowd of bystanders in the way, so feel free to ask about or discuss possible actions.


Male Aasimar (Raised by Halflings) Barbarian 1 / Lame Oracle of Life 6

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Mostly I need to know how far away Tudan is from Elyin And Kaileh. Also, it looks like it would take a move action to get out the vermin repellant, and a standard action to apply it?

It doesn't matter now, but might as well confirm: how long does it take to don the swarmsuit? In Heart of the Jungle, any old character can cover all exposed skin against non-deadly insect swarms with a full-round action. To me, that seems like a fair amount of time to pull my swarmsuit off of where it's strapped to my handy haversack (since there wasn't room inside), and put it on. You know, for some day when I can actually anticipate a problem. ;)

I just now noticed that "prepare to throw splash weapon" is a full-round action. Good to know.


Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Is there any way to get off a lightning bolt without frying one of the wedding guests? If so, I'll do it. If not, I've got nothing to help so I'll just try to evacuate civilians to give my companions are better chance of using their own AOE spells.

lighning bolt if possible: 7d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 5, 1, 4, 6, 1) = 23


Male Undine Monk 7 HPs:42/42, AC 20, (T19, FF16) CMD: 25 (27 grapple)

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Surveen can use his natural attacks as bludgeoning attacks against the swarm, but first he will take out and drink a vial of anti-toxin. Do you want him to be in the middle of the swarm? His initial reaction is to shield the girl, shoo her away from the swarm and do his best to protect her from the swarm, even if it means taking the swarm on himself.


Tudan, you are about 35 feet from Elyin and Kailah. The space between is filled with panicking wedding guests and counts as difficult terrain. Surveen, Gideon, you are 20 feet from the couple, still in difficult terrain. Tudan, those action times seem fair for both the vermin repellant and the swarm suit.
Gideon, there is no safe shot with a lightning bolt available right now. Perhaps if you could get the crowd moving to safety it would become possible. You (any of you) could try diplomacy or intimidate to get them moving in a sensible direction.
Surveen is quick enough to get into the swarm and spare some of the bridesmaids from getting badly stung by interposing his own blue body.

Sharadon still with us?


Male Undine Monk 7 HPs:42/42, AC 20, (T19, FF16) CMD: 25 (27 grapple)

Surveen wanted to drink a vial of anti-toxin, as his first action. Has he done that? Any word from Sharadon? We seem to struggling a bit, just when we get to the first combat!!

Surveen's next action, after drinking the vial is, when the time comes will be..
Surveen slaps, jumps and crushes the bees with his hands and feet.

Flurry of Blows
Unarmed Attack FB11d20 + 5 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 3 + 1 = 11 (Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus) Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Unarmed Attack FB21d20 + 5 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 3 + 1 = 18 (Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus) Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Unarmed Attack FB31d20 + 0 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 0 + 3 + 1 = 14 (Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus) Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human Fighter 1, Wizard (Evocation Admixturist) 5, Eldritch Knight 1

Still here. Had a death in the family, my apologizes folks!

The mage sways unsteadily on his feet, unsure of what to really do. Muttering to himself, he weaves his hands in an arcane gesture, placing them upon his chest.

"If I attempt difficult magics I could hurt someone!"

Just gonna cast mage armor upon myself, and attempt to use a move action to get clear of the swarm.... for now!


Male Aasimar (Raised by Halflings) Barbarian 1 / Lame Oracle of Life 6

No need to apologize. I just hope that you're doing well. :)

After whatever Gideon does in the surprise round, and before Surveen's flurry of blows...

Round 2, Initiative 20

First things first. Tudan takes a deep breath and shouts resonantly, to be heard over the buzzing and screaming. "Everyone please walk calmly south and across the stream! Be mindful of the young and old, and carry who you can! If you run, then you will kill people under your feet!"

Diplomacy to get people out of the way: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 Seriously?

Knowledge (nature) to know more about those bees and their behavior: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Undine Monk 7 HPs:42/42, AC 20, (T19, FF16) CMD: 25 (27 grapple)

Thoughts are with you Sharadon, best wishes at a difficult time.


Male Human Fighter 1, Wizard (Evocation Admixturist) 5, Eldritch Knight 1

THanks for the well wishes folks, their honestly appreaciated. And with that said, Initiative ta boot! 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Sorry to hear that Sharadon, I hope you are as well as you can be. Feel free to use us as a distraction when you need to; no pressure.

Right, resolving round 1 actions.

Surveen swallows a vial of anti-toxin as he swoops in to grab the young girl from under the approaching swarm. His fists prove ineffective against the diminutive creatures, and he starts to feel pin-prick stings. Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5. Poison: Fort save DC 13.

You see Elyin being stung as he tries to protect Kailah, and several of the wedding party collapse in pain.

Sharadon successfully casts a protective spell as he moves with the crowd, away from the swarms.

Gideon said he would try to direct the crowd - lets go with Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22.

Gideon says, loudly, "Start moving, people! Head to shelter, maybe the chapel or the feast tent." the crowd starts to look a bit more organized, like less of a panicked mob

OK, I need a save from Surveen, and round two actions from everyone except Tudan.


Male Undine Monk 7 HPs:42/42, AC 20, (T19, FF16) CMD: 25 (27 grapple)

Fort save 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 5 = 20 includes anti toxin bonus

Seeing how ineffectual his blows have been to stop the swarm, Surveen moves in the opposite direction to the crowd and out of the swarms reach, before turning and waving vigorously and shouting at the swarm, trying to attract the bees towards him. Surveen picks up a handful of dirt ready to throw into the swarm, once the ceremonial area is clear of people.


Male Aasimar (Raised by Halflings) Barbarian 1 / Lame Oracle of Life 6

Tudan feels gratified as the guests begin moving out of the way of harm. Yes, between him and Gideon, they'd save many innocents today.

It may have been all Gideon, but Tudan wouldn't know it.


Thanks for rolling my Intimidate, Will. Work has been absolutely butt hurtingly crazy. I don't know if any of you work in government, but sometimes the Feds get what they think is an awesome idea and it just makes us state level folk weep our way to the top of a tall building.

Once the guests clear the way, Gideon pulls his veil from his shirt and, eyes glowing with eldritch power, releases a stream of crackling lightning through the main mass of insects.

If you just want to use the previous damage rolls, it totaled 23.


Male Human Fighter 1, Wizard (Evocation Admixturist) 5, Eldritch Knight 1

Gritting his teeth, Sharadon began preparing for one of his most mighty incantations. Pulling some components from a side pouch hidden under his robes, he tried best to time it perfectly.

Ready an action to cast a fireball directly above, and into, the swarm when the crowd gets clear. And not a second before.


The crowd begins funneling away - some towards the shelter of the stone chapel, others towards the heavy canvas tent of the feast marquee. You see Elyin carrying the priestess, stung into insensibility; and Kailah has a bridesmaid under each arm. You see Halak, the blacksmith, sprinting away in the direction of his horseshoe throwing stall.

Tudan, this is not normal swarming behavior for the bees. It's the wrong season, and they're too aggressive. There seems to be some sort of malign intelligence guiding them to attack the villagers and wedding guests.

The bees, perhaps attracted by his bright blue coloring, swarm towards Surveen. This time he takes the full brunt of the bees' unnatural rage. 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 6) = 20 damage, and another DC 15 Fort save for the poison.

The villagers will be clear of the area by the end of next round, if you can keep the bee swarm's attention focused here.


Male Undine Monk 7 HPs:42/42, AC 20, (T19, FF16) CMD: 25 (27 grapple)

A little bit of healing would go a long way for Surveen at the moment... with healing I think Surveen can take 1 more round of punishment before he tries to escape the swarm and leave it to the magic users, unless you want Surveen to run now and you start damaging the swarms. Personally I think we need to keep the bees busy until the crowd is safe. Anyone able to command strong winds ... very strong, might be able to dissipate the swarm...just a thought.


Male Aasimar (Raised by Halflings) Barbarian 1 / Lame Oracle of Life 6

Seeing Surveen in trouble, Tudan struggles against the tide of people flowing away from the gazebo, shouting a warning to his comrades as he goes. "The bees' behavior is unnatural! Something's making them swarm and attack!" Though he guesses that he's still too far away to help the brave monk, Tudan can see that he isn't making much headway, so he stops and releases a pulse of healing energy that ripples out through the wedding guests in a wave of gentle light and quiet chimes.

Move 15'. Channel positive energy: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 3) = 11


Male Undine Monk 7 HPs:42/42, AC 20, (T19, FF16) CMD: 25 (27 grapple)

Fort save 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 5 = 26 includes anti toxin bonus

give others a chance to let them know what they want Surveen to do.


Tudan gets a little closer to the struggling blue monk. A wave of positive healing energy washes out from him, healin not only his wounded companion, but several of the stung and poisoned civilian casualties. They start moving faster, losing a certain confused jerkiness from their movements.

Gideon and Sharadon, you can take alternate actions this round, or continue holding until the area is clear of party guests next turn. Let me know.


Male Human Fighter 1, Wizard (Evocation Admixturist) 5, Eldritch Knight 1

I shall continue to hold.


Same here. We're the arcane artillery!


Male Undine Monk 7 HPs:42/42, AC 20, (T19, FF16) CMD: 25 (27 grapple)

Surveen continues to be the but of the bees attack, making himself a nuisance to the the creatures he shouts "get ready to blast these little creatures, I'm running in a couple of seconds."


You have adventured together for a long time, and your timing and team work are honed by years of encounters that would have killed lesser heroes. In the same instant as the last civilian reaches safety, Surveen dives and rolls. Actinic power pours from Gideon's outstretched hand, crossing and briefly outshining the dull red whumph of Sharadon's conflagration.

Bees crisp and die, and the pitch of the swarm rises to an outraged shriek.

Gideon, we'll take your roll of 23 from earlier if that's OK. The lightning bolt has no chance of harming Surveen. Unfortunately the fireball is a less precise weapon. Sharadon, please roll for damage and let me know the DC of the spell. Surveen, you had enough warning to mostly evade Sharadon's flames, and will take at most half damage, with a Ref save to take no damage at all.


Male Undine Monk 7 HPs:42/42, AC 20, (T19, FF16) CMD: 25 (27 grapple)

As the fireball explodes, Surveen dives for cover behind an upturned bench, but his foot slips on a patch of wet grass, causing his to loose purchase and stumble, instead he ploughs into the bench itself.

Reflex Save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Doubt he will make the save DC ... so bring on the pain ...


I'll give Sharadon until tomorrow, and then roll damage for him and press on.

101 to 150 of 234 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Will Cooper's Realm of the Fellnight Queen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.