Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Where It All Began: Dragoncat's Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Dragoncat

Current Date: Wealday, 1st of Neth, 4710 AR

Current Chapter: The Skinsaw Murders

Current Battle Map


3,801 to 3,850 of 4,082 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>

Ekan

The children look quite relieved. "Thanks, mister!"

They promptly start crowding around him, clamouring for attention. They seem quite interested in hearing stories of the party's adventures so far.


Male Human Monk-5 (HP: 46/46; AC 19, 18t, 16ff; F+6,R+6,W+7)

"Nicat tells it far better than I, you should seek him out... mind you, you may find the truth slightly stretched... but he does tell things better." Still, he will try to answer questions, and yes cover the basics. If he doesn't embellish enough for their liking, or refuses to go into gorey details, well, he does have to live with their parents.


Female Dwarf Transmuter 5 | HP 36/36 | Physical Enhancement +2 Str; Telekinetic Fist 7/7
Stats:
AC 12, T 12, FF 10; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; Init +7; Perception +5
GM_Runecat wrote:

Eostre

Your request to begin an archaeological dig has taken you to Sandpoint's Town Hall, where Mayor Deverin sits and listens with interest. "So, what was it you wanted to dig up, again?"

Eostre unrolls some of the rubbings they'd made back at Chopper's Isle.

"These markings are the script of Thassilon, the ancient empire upon which Varisia now stands. My order, the Order of Cyphers, is dedicated to uncovering their monuments and the magical secrets they contain. The Old Light on Chopper's Isle was one such site, and my late master, Paulinus Ornelos, believed there was a Thassilonian artifact of great power buried there. And during our investigation into that place, we found he was correct. An ancient Runewell lies underneath the ruin, capable of seeding the weak-minded with violent fury and summoning foul mutants. Given what my friends have told me about the town's history, it seems this runewell's influence was what transformed Jervis Stoot into the serial killer, Chopper, a hypothesis we inadvertently proved when we returned the well to dormancy and Stoot's grateful shade thanked us before moving on to the Great Beyond. My initial plan, had the Festival's disruption not occurred, was to ask permission to begin a complete archaeological survey of the Old Light, to transcribe the runes there for translation and further analyze the runewell. Though, given recent events, Thistletop may prove a valuable survey location as well, as we determined it was also a Thassilonian site, containing still functioning magics, including the abjurations that kept Malfeshnekor imprisoned there, as well as an illusory message depicting one of Thassilon's rulers, the Runelord Karzoug."


HP: 51/51 AC 25 Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +4; Init +2; Perception +2; CMD 19
GM_Tsuto Kaijitsu wrote:

Conner

Tsuto snorts. "If you had the balls to do that, you'd have done it back at Thistletop."

"But fine. Out with it."

"I know, it's always tragic when our joy is taken from us, but one must make concessions when working with a group. But there's no group here now, just you, me, and your dead love's sword, that I took from her corpse. Now, I want you to tell me everything you heard at Thistletop, any plans for Sandpoint, anything involving demons, like the ones I had to kill in the moldy basement you were living in."


F Human Oracle/4 (HP 53/53 | AC:20 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:2 | CMD:15 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+5 | Will:+7 | Init:+3 | Perc:+5 | Speed:20)
Spells/Abilities:
Channel: 5/5 | Lv1: 7/7 | Lv2: 5/5

Evelyn decides to pay Father Zantus a visit at the end of one of the masses. "Hello, Father. How have you been doing?"

She looks around, at the people who are slowly leaving the church. Some of them are looking at her, pointing and whispering. "I'm quite new to Sandpoint, but it looks more crowded in here than during my first visit."


Female Dwarf Transmuter 5 | HP 36/36 | Physical Enhancement +2 Str; Telekinetic Fist 7/7
Stats:
AC 12, T 12, FF 10; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; Init +7; Perception +5

Eostre stands up straight and cradles her glaive in her arm, waiting for Mayor Derevin's response.


Eostre

Mayor Deverin blinks for a few moments as she processes everything you told her. "...oh. Um... right."

"Well, Thistletop isn't exactly under Sandpoint jurisdiction--the area surrounding Sandpoint is still technically under Magnimar's rule. However, the catacombs under Chopper's Isle are property of Sandpoint, and as such, there's considerably less legal nonsense we'll have to navigate to secure excavation rights."

"I can grant permission for you to conduct a dig of the ruins under Chopper's Isle, but is there anything else you need to do? Any other authorities to contact first?"
----------------
Evelyn

Father Zantus is writing something in his office as you visit him. He pauses in his work as you enter.

"Yes, the crowds are bigger than I anticipated as well. It may be the fact that one of the Heroes is presiding over Mass nowadays--they might be more interested in meeting you than thinking on Desna's teachings." He sets his quill in a nearby inkwell and gets up from his desk. "Part of me wonders how long it will last..."


Just Another Glassworker... Right? A Bitter, Jaded Murderer

Conner

Tsuto snorts. "I doubt I could tell you anything you didn't find out for yourself already. But... fine."

"That fire that consumed the old cathedral of Desna? That wasn't an accident. My Nualia started it, after tying her bastard of an old man to his bed. Payback for treating her like an object to increase his standing in Desna's church, and abandoning her cold when she dared date boys behind Daddy's back." He spits on the cell floor. "F%$%er deserved nothing less, if you ask me."

"She planned the raid on the town, and had her goblins steal his bones out of the new cathedral's graveyard. They were the first to burn... the first step in shedding the 'holy' celestial blood that f!%&ed her life over. Her arm transformed as 'Father' Tobyn's remains burned." He grins. "Ameiko was the next step, she told me. Didn't know why she wanted her blood. Didn't care to ask."

"Having lived with an abusive son-of-a-whore of a father my whole life, I felt like I really understood her."


HP: 51/51 AC 25 Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +4; Init +2; Perception +2; CMD 19

"You think she wasn't using you too? This might come a a surprise, but she was insane. She was petty and vindictive. Her problems with her father were her business, but her heritage was a gift. It's not a curse just because one guy handled it badly. And the rest of Sandpoint had nothing to do with it. She was lashing out to get petty, pointless revenge. And if your father was so terrible, then explain your sister."


Just Another Glassworker... Right? A Bitter, Jaded Murderer

Conner

"Gift?" Tsuto snarls at you. NOW he looks legitimately angry. "Is that what a lifetime of no privacy or chances to be a normal person is called now? She hated her celestial blood with a passion that I don't think your small mind can fathom--she was put on a pedestal from childhood, forced to meet impossible demands from her father and the townsfolk alike."

"Begging her for blessings she couldn't provide... 'Oh, miss Tobyn, would you kindly grant me a blessing? A boon? A lock of your hair, perhaps, to give me luck at night? Might I touch your brow? Collect a teardrop or two?" Tsuto gets up at this point and storms over to the wall before punching it. He whirls back to face you. "And then, when she inevitably declined them, they cursed her name for it."

"Then she finds a man before me, who claims to understand what she's going through... and he gets her with child before throwing her to the wolves to save his own skin."

Conner wrote:
"And if your father was so terrible, then explain your sister."

"She escaped. Ran off to some boarding school in Magnimar." He flatly answers.


HP: 51/51 AC 25 Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +4; Init +2; Perception +2; CMD 19

"She seemed awfully broken up over your father's death for someone who had to 'escape.' Funny thing about your sister, she's human. But not you. No, you got some knife-ear in you, don't you? Maybe your old man just didn't like elves. Can't blame him really, looks like at least one of them came between him and your mother. Tell me something else Tsuto, was Nualia communicating with anyone, allies to help her take the town? Because from what I saw at Thistletop, it wasn't going to be enough. Only took five people to defeat all the goblins she'd gathered there, and a few other things besides. I killed demons in that basement Tsuto, and a few undead, who didn't seem to actually be on her side. Her plan were doomed for failure from the start."


M Halfling Bard 5 | HP 43 | AC 22 | T 16 | FF 17 | CMD 19 | Fort +3 | Ref +10 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +11

Sorry for the delay in posting - was pondering the grand arc of Nicat's future and missed the fact that I only need to walk along with Shay's dad for now. What harm could possibly come of that?

Nicat gulps audibly, his face a mask of conflicting emotions. He called me her boyfriend! Aaaaand, he's got an axe. She sure is cute. Wait, why are we going into the house? That must be a good sign, right? He wouldn't want to make a mess using the axe on me in the house! But what else would he do with an axe inside?

At Vin's urging, Nicat casts an wan, uncertain smile at Shayliss, then follows after her father.


Female Dwarf Transmuter 5 | HP 36/36 | Physical Enhancement +2 Str; Telekinetic Fist 7/7
Stats:
AC 12, T 12, FF 10; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; Init +7; Perception +5
GM_Runecat wrote:

Eostre

Mayor Deverin blinks for a few moments as she processes everything you told her. "...oh. Um... right."

"Well, Thistletop isn't exactly under Sandpoint jurisdiction--the area surrounding Sandpoint is still technically under Magnimar's rule. However, the catacombs under Chopper's Isle are property of Sandpoint, and as such, there's considerably less legal nonsense we'll have to navigate to secure excavation rights."

"I can grant permission for you to conduct a dig of the ruins under Chopper's Isle, but is there anything else you need to do? Any other authorities to contact first?"

Eostre rubs her hands together excitedly.

"That's excellent. Thank you, Mayor Deverin. Should my travels take me to Magnimar, I may pursue Thistletop further, but as it stands, the catacombs will be enough. As far as authorities go, I'll need to coordinate the dig with Brodert Quink. We've already done a cursory examination of the location when we were clearing it out. In addition, we may need a body or two to secure the site from being disturbed. I don't expect any hostile activity, now that Sandpoint's current troubles have been more or less dealt with, but if there are any I can hire aside from Conner of Cambent, I will be happy to take them on."


F Human Oracle/4 (HP 53/53 | AC:20 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:2 | CMD:15 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+5 | Will:+7 | Init:+3 | Perc:+5 | Speed:20)
Spells/Abilities:
Channel: 5/5 | Lv1: 7/7 | Lv2: 5/5

"Is there anything I can do to help, Father? Maybe I can speak to the people and share the wisdom of Desna's teachings, to maybe get them more interested?"

Though I'm sure people will get fed up with me after some time, after this fame blows over...


Just Another Glassworker... Right? A Bitter, Jaded Murderer

Conner

"So, if it was doomed to fail, why are you even still here? To gloat?" Tsuto leans against the far wall of his cell.

"Do you seriously have nothing better to do with your time than *that*?"


Evelyn

Father Zantus puts his hand on his chin and rubs his beard in thought. "That might be a good idea, Evelyn. There are still duties here that I need to attend to, but I trust you to act quite well without my guidance."
---------------
Eostre

Mayor Deverin nods. "Very well, then--I imagine there's a few folks in town who'd be happy to work for one of Sandpoint's heroes. Are you looking for adventurous types or just general guards?"
---------------
Nicat

Ven leads you through the house and out the back door to a tree stump with a pile of logs sitting next to it. "You see that, boy?"

"Ever since our family settled in Sandpoint, I've not only been a grocer, but a bit of a lumberjack back in my day. Now, I don't mean to brag, but I pride myself on being able to split a log from top to bottom with one good chop." He looks down at you and casually rests the head of his axe on the ground. "Day in, day out, I'd haul logs here, split 'em into however many pieces folks needed, and stocked them in the store to sell. Folks came to rely on ol' Ven to get them the firewood they needed to get through even the harshest of winters."

"And you know what I've noticed about you, boy?" He walks over to the log pile and digs out a long one before walking back and setting it next to you.

"You're just about the right size for this log here."


HP: 51/51 AC 25 Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +4; Init +2; Perception +2; CMD 19
GM_Tsuto Kaijitsu wrote:

Conner

"So, if it was doomed to fail, why are you even still here? To gloat?" Tsuto leans against the far wall of his cell.

"Do you seriously have nothing better to do with your time than *that*?"

"She was doomed to fail, Tsuto, now I want to know about what other friends she might have had. It's not like you have anything better to do. Plus, if you cooperate I could be persuaded to talk to the mayor about exile rather than imprisonment. You don't want to spend the rest of a half-elf's lifespan in here do you? There's nothing left tying you to Sandpoint, no reason to come back. Tell me what I want to know, and you might have a chance to leave."


Male Human Monk-5 (HP: 46/46; AC 19, 18t, 16ff; F+6,R+6,W+7)

After a time entertaining the children, Ekan will look for the others

I think I may have missed a post, sorry if I am holding things up.


M Halfling Bard 5 | HP 43 | AC 22 | T 16 | FF 17 | CMD 19 | Fort +3 | Ref +10 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +11

Nicat listens as Ven speaks, nodding his head uncertainly from time to time, completely at a loss as to where this conversation is going. ”Mhmm, split logs, winters, mhmm,” he mutters, trying to figure out what he’s supposed to make of all this.

When Ven sets the long down next to him, Nicat is still confused, though he’s a bit alarmed at the same time. ”The right size?” he asks. ”For what? You want me to split this log? Or…you’re going to split me? I don’t get it.”


Female Dwarf Transmuter 5 | HP 36/36 | Physical Enhancement +2 Str; Telekinetic Fist 7/7
Stats:
AC 12, T 12, FF 10; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; Init +7; Perception +5
GM_Runecat wrote:

Eostre

Mayor Deverin nods. "Very well, then--I imagine there's a few folks in town who'd be happy to work for one of Sandpoint's heroes. Are you looking for adventurous types or just general guards?"

Eostre strokes her chin.

"I want types who don't spook easily at ghost stories...or if Brodert and I accidentally reactivate the runewell and a wrathspawn crawls out of it, and who aren't gonna try and pinch a priceless artifact when I'm not lookin'. Iron and integrity. I don't want to deplete the militia's manpower, though, considering that while Sandpoint's safe NOW, we don't want unpleasant surprises."


Conner

Tsuto glares at you.

"No."
-------------------
Nicat

Ven looks you squarely in the eye. "You got it right the second time, boy."

"So, if you have any thoughts, perhaps, about breaking her heart..." He glares at you, staring you down. His grip tightens for a moment on his axe. "...you'd better pray she makes you pay for it, before I do. Because, with Desna as my witness, I will move Heaven and Earth to get you if you treat her bad."

"You understand me?"
-------------------
Ekan

As you walk back through the streets of Sandpoint, you pass by the Vinder home. You catch a glimpse of Ven standing in his backyard with his woodcutting axe.

Curiously, Nicat is also there.
-------------------
Eostre

"Oh, like that Orik fellow?" Mayor Deverin offers. "He's been spending time at the Rusty Dragon, and struck me as being an honest enough sort."


HP: 51/51 AC 25 Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +4; Init +2; Perception +2; CMD 19
GM_Runecat wrote:

Conner

Tsuto glares at you.

"No."

"Really? Just like that? Telling me no isn't going to get you anywhere, Tsuto. Are you really prepared to spend the next century not leaving that cell? You've been taking out little back and forth's too personally, you knew things I wanted to know, so I was going to cut your fingers off until you cooperated. But now that I see your accommodations here, I think your toes might have been a better threat. Imagine, your bare, meaty nubs sticking out from under a blanket, cold, aching, practically begging for the rats to come have a nibble. But if you give me what I want, you could leave here in a decade or two a free man, you could still have a life."


Just Another Glassworker... Right? A Bitter, Jaded Murderer

Conner

As you start your tirade, Tsuto cuts you off. "Save it. You have nothing to offer me, least of all 'freedom'."

One of the garrison guards steps into the room with you. "Conner, sir? Representatives from Magnimar. They're here for the prisoners."


HP: 51/51 AC 25 Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +4; Init +2; Perception +2; CMD 19

Conner shrugs. "Too late Tsuto, I could have done something for you, but you decided to waste time." He stands up. "He's all yours boys, don't forget he's a monk, he's as good with his bare hands as you are with a blade. Or, at least he thinks he is, he might make a go of it." He heads out and walks towards the Hagfish, he needed a drink.


Male Human Monk-5 (HP: 46/46; AC 19, 18t, 16ff; F+6,R+6,W+7)

"Hello, Nicat, Master Ven. Fine day yes?"


Nicat & Ekan

Ven looks up from Nicat and his demeanour changes considerably. "Ekan! Hello there! Just having words with your friend here."


Male Human Monk-5 (HP: 46/46; AC 19, 18t, 16ff; F+6,R+6,W+7)

"If it's congratulating him on his heroism, I'm sure he's heard it. He was amazing really. inspirational, and I do not use that term lightly." He admits


M Halfling Bard 5 | HP 43 | AC 22 | T 16 | FF 17 | CMD 19 | Fort +3 | Ref +10 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +11

My posting will be limited for the next ten days or so. I have friends coming to stay from out of town, a busy work week coming up - and then PaizoCon! Will post as I'm able, maybe I'll see some of you in Seattle.


Female Dwarf Transmuter 5 | HP 36/36 | Physical Enhancement +2 Str; Telekinetic Fist 7/7
Stats:
AC 12, T 12, FF 10; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; Init +7; Perception +5
GM_Runecat wrote:


Eostre

"Oh, like that Orik fellow?" Mayor Deverin offers. "He's been spending time at the Rusty Dragon, and struck me as being an honest enough sort."

"I was actually going to speak to him. Is there anything else, Lady-Mayor?"


M Halfling Bard 5 | HP 43 | AC 22 | T 16 | FF 17 | CMD 19 | Fort +3 | Ref +10 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +11

"Treat her bad?" Nicat says, genuinely surprised by Vinder's thinking. "I would never do that! I may have to leave town from time to time, that's just the life of an adventurer. But I'll return with trophies and treasures! And such tales as can scarcely be believed!"

The skeptical look in the axe-wielding man's eye causes Nicat to dial it back a bit, "Well, I mean, they'll be believable tales. I mean, I'll...oh look, it's Ekan!" Profoundly relieved to be able to change the subject, he continues speaking quickly, "Yes, we had our words, words were had and all done now! We've got some important things to talk about, don't we, Ekan? Let's go get some lunch and talk about important things!"

Slipping a couple of fingers into Ekan's belt, Nicat gives his friend a firm tug and starts to move away from Vinder, talking all the while, "Important things, can't wait, let's go talk about them!"


Male Human Monk-5 (HP: 46/46; AC 19, 18t, 16ff; F+6,R+6,W+7)

Ekan gives Nicat a look at all this, and for a moment is tempted to point out that there is nothing particularly important to talk about, and that they certainly don't NEED to leave....but Nicat IS his friend and... well, one doesn't have to be terribly wise to realize this is a halfling call for help.

"Of course," He says to Nicat, then he inclines his head to Vinder, "Pardon us, Mater Vinder. I do apologize for taking him away but things do keep coming up." Excuses to leave, for example.

And he is pulled away by Nicat. Further distance established, he mutters, "Oh Nicat, what trouble are you getting into this time?"


M Halfling Bard 5 | HP 43 | AC 22 | T 16 | FF 17 | CMD 19 | Fort +3 | Ref +10 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +11

"Trouble?" Nicat asks innocently, still occasionally looking over his shoulder and hauling on Ekan. "No trouble at all! But you know how I like to tread carefully and stay out of trouble, right?" He pauses an instant, just in case Ekan chooses to comment on - or laugh in shock and bewilderment at - what he's just said. Before the monk can speak, however, Nicat continues, "I was just having a talk with Shay's father - having THE talk with him, really. And he had an axe! And I think it went okay, but I wanted to give him some time to think about it and decide that he also thought it went okay. He's not always as thoughtful and careful as I am, and I didn't want him to decide the axe should be part of the conversation."


Female Dwarf Transmuter 5 | HP 36/36 | Physical Enhancement +2 Str; Telekinetic Fist 7/7
Stats:
AC 12, T 12, FF 10; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; Init +7; Perception +5

Eostre waits for Mayor Derevin's reply.


Male Human Monk-5 (HP: 46/46; AC 19, 18t, 16ff; F+6,R+6,W+7)
Nicat Brightluck wrote:
"Trouble?" Nicat asks innocently, still occasionally looking over his shoulder and hauling on Ekan. "No trouble at all! But you know how I like to tread carefully and stay out of trouble, right?" He pauses an instant, just in case Ekan chooses to comment on - or laugh in shock and bewilderment at - what he's just said. Before the monk can speak, however, Nicat continues, "I was just having a talk with Shay's father - having THE talk with him, really. And he had an axe! And I think it went okay, but I wanted to give him some time to think about it and decide that he also thought it went okay. He's not always as thoughtful and careful as I am, and I didn't want him to decide the axe should be part of the conversation."

Opens his mouth once, and then Nicat continues... and he shuts it merely thinking to himself Oh Nicat... I do not think you abuse women, but sometimes the liberties you take with truth are most questionable. still, a friend is a friend.

Instead of laughter when the halfling stops, Ekan gives him a slight smile and says, "My good friend, you cannot tell me you are surprised? Many fathers in this town might do the same. Though at least your recent heroism casts you in a better light perhaps?" If any village girls have become more interested in Ekan since his own part in those heroics, he seems oblivious to it.


F Human Oracle/4 (HP 53/53 | AC:20 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:2 | CMD:15 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+5 | Will:+7 | Init:+3 | Perc:+5 | Speed:20)
Spells/Abilities:
Channel: 5/5 | Lv1: 7/7 | Lv2: 5/5

Not really sure where to go from my conversation with Father Zantus so I'll just butt in somewhere else.

While pondering about what she could do to help Father Zantus keep the people of Sandpoint involved with Desna's faith, Evelyn wanders the streets and suddenly notices two familiar figures: a talkative halfling and a shirtless monk.

"Nicat! Ekan!" Evelyn calls out as she moves up to them.

"You look a bit pale, Nicat. Are you alright?"


Eostre

"Nothing else comes to mind." The mayor shrugs.


HP: 51/51 AC 25 Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +4; Init +2; Perception +2; CMD 19

Conner, walking down the street, see this gathering. Stopping, he looks from Nicat's face, to Ekan and Evelyn, then back, grinning. "What'd he do?


Female Dwarf Transmuter 5 | HP 36/36 | Physical Enhancement +2 Str; Telekinetic Fist 7/7
Stats:
AC 12, T 12, FF 10; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; Init +7; Perception +5
GM_Runecat wrote:

Eostre

"Nothing else comes to mind." The mayor shrugs.

Eostre nods and rolls up her parchments, tucking them back in her pack before taking up her glaive again and marching back to the Dragon, hoping to find Orik there.


Male Human Monk-5 (HP: 46/46; AC 19, 18t, 16ff; F+6,R+6,W+7)

"Shay's father is overprotective I think, but it is..typical." He answers the oracle


Eostre

The walk to the Rusty Dragon is calm and peaceful. A pleasant breeze hurries you along, and the sun shines brightly overhead.

From the cheers, clinking glasses and general merriment that you can hear outside, the Dragon is quite busy today. Stepping through the doors shows that the common room is packed with patrons, but there's still a few seats available at the bar. A few heads turn as the doors open, and you're greeted with a collective *HURRAH!* in your direction as you step in.

Orik is sitting at the bar, looking over his shoulder at where all the cheering is now being directed at. Curiously, Aldern Foxglove is there as well--he's the only person in the tavern who didn't look up at the sound of you entering.


Female Dwarf Transmuter 5 | HP 36/36 | Physical Enhancement +2 Str; Telekinetic Fist 7/7
Stats:
AC 12, T 12, FF 10; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; Init +7; Perception +5

Eostre smirks a bit as the whole tavern cheers for her. It felt so different from fleeing Riddleport in a panic. She heads over to the bar and plops herself down on the stool next to Orik.

"So, enjoying the Dragon's hospitality? Ameiko sure runs a good establishment."


M Halfling Bard 5 | HP 43 | AC 22 | T 16 | FF 17 | CMD 19 | Fort +3 | Ref +10 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +11

"I didn't do anything!" Nicat exclaims, and what he says is actually true this time. "I just had a kind of, um, intense conversation with Shay's dad, Steph. But I'm okay, thanks. Though I could use a cup of tea...or a pint of - no, a few pints of ale. Let's see what's up at the Dragon!"

Walking in the door of the Dragon right behind Eostre, Nicat quickly darts in front of her as he hears the cheering, raising his hands and happily accepting the adulation. "Please, please, keep it up!" he says, belying the vaguely modest gestures he's making in the face of all the noise. "I am one thirsty hero of Sandpoint! Who's buying the first drink?"

With a quick look over his shoulder, he gives Eostre a wink, then dives forward into the welcoming crowd.


HP: 51/51 AC 25 Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +4; Init +2; Perception +2; CMD 19

Conner watches Nicat walk a few steps before looking at Ekan and Evelyn. "That might not be the best idea, a 'few' pints are almost as big as he is." He follows the bard into the tavern. "But who am I to judge, no one who swings sharp metal sticks about for a living has never tried to drink his own weight at least once."


F Human Oracle/4 (HP 53/53 | AC:20 [+2 Buckler] | T:14 | FF:16 [+2 Buckler] | CMB:2 | CMD:15 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+5 | Will:+7 | Init:+3 | Perc:+5 | Speed:20)
Spells/Abilities:
Channel: 5/5 | Lv1: 7/7 | Lv2: 5/5

Evelyn blinks at Nicat. "Who's Steph?"

She shrugs and decides to drop it, following the others to the Rusty Dragon.

"We don't want him to start spouting nonsense, now do we?" Evelyn tells Conner, and snickers. "Don't worry, I can use lesser restoration on him if he drinks too much."


M Halfling Bard 5 | HP 43 | AC 22 | T 16 | FF 17 | CMD 19 | Fort +3 | Ref +10 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +11
Evelyn Grimley wrote:
Evelyn blinks at Nicat. "Who's Steph?"

Oops!


HP: 51/51 AC 25 Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +4; Init +2; Perception +2; CMD 19
Evelyn Grimley wrote:


"We don't want him to start spouting nonsense, now do we?"

"Starting implies he ever does anything else."


Male Human Monk-5 (HP: 46/46; AC 19, 18t, 16ff; F+6,R+6,W+7)

"Nicat has his own way, but he has always done right by his friends," Ekan says, feeling oddly protective of the halfling.


M Halfling Bard 5 | HP 43 | AC 22 | T 16 | FF 17 | CMD 19 | Fort +3 | Ref +10 | Will +5 (+2 vs fear) | Init +5 | Perc +11

Too packed into the crowd to hear what his friends are saying, Nicat savors the attention lavished on him by the Dragon's patrons. After a few moments, however, he notices that people seem to be enjoying other distractions. "Hey, watch this!" he cries out, picking up a salt shaker from the table, adding an empty mug and a full bottle of ale to his hands, and snatching a small, round cap off the head of a drunken deckhand from a visiting ship. Hopping onto a chair, he tosses the items into the air, whirling them in a looping circle!

He attempts to pick up a knife from the table in front of him, but misses the grab once, then again, barely managing to keep his juggled stuff aloft. With a bit of a forced smile, he keeps on juggling, but his performance is not overly impressive and the crowd loses interest fairly quickly.

Perform (juggling): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 Hmm, doesn't quite reach the level of 'Enjoyable Perfomance' per the skill description.


Female Dwarf Transmuter 5 | HP 36/36 | Physical Enhancement +2 Str; Telekinetic Fist 7/7
Stats:
AC 12, T 12, FF 10; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5; Init +7; Perception +5

While waiting for Orik to reply, Eostre orders a stout.


Eostre wrote:
"So, enjoying the Dragon's hospitality? Ameiko sure runs a good establishment."

"Oh, well enough." Orik takes a draft of his ale as Eostre's stout arrives. "The booze and food are good and well, but the atmosphere's... well, a bit too welcoming."

"It's no Riddleport dive, I'll say that much."

3,801 to 3,850 of 4,082 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Where It All Began: Dragoncat's Rise of the Runelords Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.