Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Westcrown and Down (Inactive)

Game Master Jib916

The city of Westcrown is dying. A city best by criminals, a corrupt nobility, and a shadowy curse, Will you fight back against champions of both the law and the criminal world to bring Westcrown back to its glory?


1 to 50 of 320 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

For eight centuries, Westcrown was a bastion of civilization and a symbol of national strength in Chelish eyes. As the city served as the center of Aroden’s faith, all Cheliax deemed the City of Nine Stars to be Aroden’s next home in the mortal world. Westcrown rivaled Absalom as a destination of pilgrimages during the Age of Enthronement. Yet, with Aroden;s unexpected death, the once shining City of Nine Stars became the City of Twilight as Chelish citizens lost hope. Decades of bloody strife followed, and the only direction out of the chaos seemed to be the orderly tenets of diabolism. A city that once symbolized a people’s power now projects a people’s disappointment and despair. Hope has dimmed in the city, and shadow beasts walk the streets instead of Aroden’s clergy. Westcrown remains influential in its mercantile and military might, but also humbled by its lost faith and tarnished reputation.

One of the most varied and sophisticated cities of the inner sea, Westcrown is an enigma. By day, this city reminds many of any city or country they know, either because of the varied architecture or how because people from all across Avistan and Garund now call Westcrown home. The many religious sites whether active or debased, continue to draw the pious, the curious, and the devious. Even the ruins of the northern city draw interest among those looking for a less-than-legal materials or rare treasures amid the dangerous rubble. But once the sun sets, only the foolish walk out of doors in Westcrown, for the shadow beast prowl every darkened lane and waterway.

Ravishar:

As Ravishar made his into Westcrown, he soon found a temple dedicated to Iomedae in Rego Sacero (“Priest Sector”) and learned about the very present problem of beast’s controlling the night. One night after ceremonies, Ravishar was given the task of escorting a family home to Rego Scripa (“Scribe Sector”) after sunset., as he escorted the family home under the light of a haloran ( a 7-foot tall hooked staff, hung with bright lanterns) one of the children got pulled into the darkness by a strange beast. Ravishar lunged into the darkness, but soon found out he was far outnumbered by the shadow beasts. Ravishar kept fighting at full force and came close to death , when a dark haired woman with a lantern in one hand and a crossbow in the other came to your rescue, scaring the shadow beasts away and saving you and the child. She soon introduced herself as Janiven, and commended Ravishar on his bravery and stated “I am in the process of gathering together some brave individuals to take on this shadow beast problem, as well as other problems around the city” she paused “ Perhaps if you are interested, You will meet me at Vizios Tavern in Parego Spera (Hope’s Altar) tommorow around 4pm?”

Guy Berrain:

One day while drinking in the bar, Guy is approached by an attractive human female. She introduces herself as Janiven, and explains she has heard a lot about Guy’s scandal within the dottari. “It is a shame that you were the one that was chosen to be the scapegoat” she said with sincerity “ It was obvious, the only reason you were chosen was because of your race, we must end this discrimination! ” After chugging a tall glass of rotgut whisky she then bought Guy a mead and tells him how she and some friends are getting together to try to figure out how, if even possible, they could bring some justice and equality to the people of Westcrown. Janiven asks Guy to meet her at Vizio’s Tavern in Parego Spera (Hope’s Alter) around 4pm tomorrow for a dinner and to discuss some of these possibilities if he is interested.

Fizzwiddle Glockenflefor XXII:

One day as Fizzwiddle was making his way around town trying to find out more information about the fallen Pathfinder lodge, he was approached by a half-elf named Arael. He had heard Fizzy had been asking around town about the old lodge, and said he might be able to help the Pathfinders. Though he didn't know too much about the fallen lodge expect its ruins lay in Rego Sacero (“Priest Sector”), he explained that maybe if the Pathfinders could get the people of Westcrown on their side, they might be allowed to re establish a lodge in the city. “I am gathering a group of individuals that plan on doing just that, rallying up the people of Westcrown, and bringing justice to the city, even if it means obtaining it with our bare hands” the half-elf excitedly said. “If you are interested in joining such a group, meet me and some friends tonight at Vizio’s Tavern in Parego Spera (Hope’s Alter) around 4pm” He then paused putting his hand on the gnome’s shoulder. “I really hope to see you there”: He said with a smile.\

Kara Deepshadow:

I didn't take too long to find out more about one of the strangers, Kara saw in the alley. She soon found out that one was a human female named Janiven. Kara found out she has worked for many guilds and mercantile interests mainly as a guide but sometimes as a bodyguard as well. One day Kara approached Janiven and asked her about the group of people with similar interest. Janiven was happy to see the gnome, and explained how she and some friends were getting together a group of individuals to change the city. By gaining the trust of the citizens, and by means of force as well. “We could use some allegiance with the shadow gnomes of the city” Janiven says “ If you are interested in our group, why don't you stop by one of our meetings?” she explained with a smile “The next one is tonight at Vizio’s Tavern in Parego Spera, at 4pm.” “Would be great if you could make it.”

Erliana Vinhoven:

As Erliana made her way to Westcrown, she quickly found work in one of the many theatres as a dancer. One day after a performance , Erliana was approached by a human woman. She introduced herself as Janiven, and explained she had seen Erilana dance with “Tiberu's Traveling Travesty Troupe” as a child and respected and always enjoyed her work. She explained how she was getting a group of individuals together to bring justice to the city by rallying the people together “If there is any hope for Westcrown, we must all work together” She said. Janiven then told Eriana she could use a beautiful and graceful half-elf like herself for the group, for support and entertainment, but also as a connection to the city’s thriving theater scene. “Meet me tonight at Vizio’s Tavern in Parego Spera at 4pm if you are interested” As the crowd started to wade in for the next performance Janiven said “Hope to see you there” before she got lost in the sea of people entering the theater.

Vizio’s Tavern

At first glance, Vizio’s Tavern seems to be vacant/abandoned. It’s once lavish sign, rots away on the side of the crumbling brick building, only a slightly open door and the aroma of pigs fat coming from within suggests any sort of occupancy.

The tavern is dusty and aged in the inside. A large table and chairs are flanked by an old abandoned bar and some broken tables and rubble. On a stove behind the bar, a human with green hair slowly and quietly stirs a big pot of stew, while a woman with black hair sits at one end of the large table, opening a bottle of wine.

Ravishar;Guy;Kara;Erliana:

The woman is Janiven

Let me know anything else that you have did/ has happened before you made your way to the tavern


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Gunslinger (Arbalist) 3 | HP 33/33 GRIT 3/3 | AC 17, T 17, FF 12 CMD 18 | F +5, R +7, W +2 | Per +5 | Init +6

Guy steps into tavern, not having much else to do today. Despite the overtures of friendship from Janiven and the free meal he had come fully kitted out. His tarnished scale mail still managed a few glints under his coat and a longsword rested within easy reach of his hand. Opposite the longsword were a trio of throwing axes. He would not have survived in this city if he trusted everyone that claimed to be a friend and he certainly was not going to just take the word of someone who knew considerably more about him than he did about them.

His sword and armor looked like they had been lifted out of the Common Dottari's armory because, well, they had been. Without a severance package or even his back pay, Guy had helped himself to the gear he had used all of those years. His quartermaster had known well Guy well enough not to bother asking for them back.

"Right, I'm here, the others coming?" He spoke as though he expected this to fall apart at any second.


Male Human Paladin 1 HP 10/14, AC 15

"Thank you for saving me Lady Janiven.If you have a plan to help save this city, I will be more than honored to help. I will meet you there."

After making sure the family makes it home, Ravishar returns to the temple for the night, and to get himself healed up. He lays in bed for awhile, running through the events of the night. Could I have done anything to protect that child better, that he didn't have to go through that? Who was that strange woman who saved me, and what does she have planned? With those thoughts running through his head, he falls into a fitful sleep.

On the morrow, Ravishar wakes. He figures today's going to be a big day,and he doesn't know what's going to happen. He spends an hour in prayer,and spends the rest of the day in training, practicing with his combat. Before he leaves, he spends another hour in prayer, reaffirming his oath to Iomedae. He suits up, but leaves his pack behind.

He heads out, and travels through the city and arrives at the Tavern.

What does the area around the tavern look like, run down? Normal? ect.

Upon seeing the state of the tavern, I slightly ease my sword from my sheathe, and enter the tavern prepared. I glance around the room, making note of the human, and the tiefling. "Good afternoon Lady Janiven." I glance at the tiefling "I take it you are one of these brave individuals?"


M
vital:
HP: 42/43, AC: 12(16)_ T: 12_ FF: 11(15), 4 images Percep +9: Init+3, F: +8_/ R: +6_/ W:+6 (+2 language dep) (+4 vs. fear), CMB: +2, CMD: 13, Speed: 20 BP 3/16 lvl 1 5/5 lvl 2 2/3
Skills:
Bluff +17; Diplo +14; Disguise +17; Intim +15; Escape Artist +6; Local +10; Nature +8; Religion +8; History +8; Sleight of Hand +13; Perform (Comedy) +14 
(Sing +14; Dance+14; Baker +13; Stealth +11

Fizzy makes his way to the tavern right one time...Fizzwiddle time...or 4:07pm. He parades through the door, fabulous scarf fluttering under his ridiculously tall blue hair. His belly pushes against his leather armor, which pushes against his hand.

He strolls through the room, attempting to snatch a mug of ale off an unsuspecting table

Sleight of Hand1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Sipping on his ale he announces While I am waiting for my half-elf friend...Do you know how to get a fat halfling into bed?...Piece of Cake. [ooc]Comedy1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

While he revels in the laughter maybe? He keeps a sharp eye for Arael. Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Human Gunslinger (Arbalist) 3 | HP 33/33 GRIT 3/3 | AC 17, T 17, FF 12 CMD 18 | F +5, R +7, W +2 | Per +5 | Init +6

"What now?" Guy said as a human walked in. "I don't know what she told you but I guess that would be me," he glanced at the sword. "Really? I thought I was on edge. Put it away, son. I ain't making nice while you're holding naked steel." He was not exactly challenging the newcomer but it was not exactly optional either.

Without another word to the human, he made his way to the bar and sat down.

Next came a short fellow, gnome by the proportions. The gnome immediately cracked a joke...

Will save against humor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

And snorted in derision.


Male Human Paladin 1 HP 10/14, AC 15

woops, didn't mean to say I drew my sword, just prepared. oh well

Ravishar put his sword away and slightly relaxes. "Can never be to careful, not after what I've seen here." He stand off to one side, waiting. As the gnome enters and makes his joke, He smiles slightly and shakes his head, not justifying that one with a laugh.

"Well I guess introductions are in order. I am Ravishar, paladin for Iomedae."


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Witch 1 * Perception +2 * Initiative +2 * HP 6/7 * CMB -1 * CMD 11 * AC 12/12/10 * Fort +0 * Ref +2 * Will +2

"Hope to see you there!

Bring justice to the city? What does she know about me? Does she know why I'm here? There's something off about this.

As Erliana dances, her mind is occupied by the woman's request, and she doesn't even hear the thunderous applause after her routine.

Perform: Dance: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

She walks through the pawing crowd, ignoring requests for her autograph and other more lecherous offers. Following close behind her as she leaves the theater is a small raccoon, who promptly scampers up and jumps on her shoulder. "Rickard, is what we're doing smart? We don't have a whole lot to go on here... The raccoon almost seems to shrug in response to her question as they walk towards the tavern.

Erliana and Rickard entered the tavern to see the woman at a table with auspicious company, the gnome with blue hair had obviously said something that had elicited some laughs, but not loud enough for her to have heard the joke. Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"These are the ones who seek to bring justice?


M
vital:
HP: 42/43, AC: 12(16)_ T: 12_ FF: 11(15), 4 images Percep +9: Init+3, F: +8_/ R: +6_/ W:+6 (+2 language dep) (+4 vs. fear), CMB: +2, CMD: 13, Speed: 20 BP 3/16 lvl 1 5/5 lvl 2 2/3
Skills:
Bluff +17; Diplo +14; Disguise +17; Intim +15; Escape Artist +6; Local +10; Nature +8; Religion +8; History +8; Sleight of Hand +13; Perform (Comedy) +14 
(Sing +14; Dance+14; Baker +13; Stealth +11

That was almost a threat! Everyone drink!

Fizzy drains his mug and performs a swap with his empty mug and a nearby drunks full mug.

Not sure if this is going to pan out but this is already fun! And that half-elf there sure is a site for sore eys.

Swap1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 vs CMD, if succeed I have the full mug and he has empty

Lady, Sir Pal, Menacing Frightening One.. Fizzwiddle Glockenfleffor XXII.

He raises his new mug to the three.


Male Human Gunslinger (Arbalist) 3 | HP 33/33 GRIT 3/3 | AC 17, T 17, FF 12 CMD 18 | F +5, R +7, W +2 | Per +5 | Init +6

"Guy Berrain," he winced internally when Ravishar mentioned his faith. Guy made no efforts to hide his status as a tiefling, even now his horns were clearly visible. The faithful had varied reactions to his fiendish blood. Some treated him with constant suspicion, others might accept his good will but consider him a loose cannon.

He turned to look at the newest arrival, a young half-elf and cocked an eyebrow. She was a far lovelier sight than the others, himself included. "I suppose that's us. That makes a paladin, a gnome, a dancer and... me. This is going to be an interesting conversation, Janiven."


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Witch 1 * Perception +2 * Initiative +2 * HP 6/7 * CMB -1 * CMD 11 * AC 12/12/10 * Fort +0 * Ref +2 * Will +2

"Fizzwhat?"Gnomes... I thought I'd left them behind me at the circus, but I guess one can never truly escape them...

Erliana sits in one of the empty seats at the table, and Rickard jumps off her shoulder onto her lap. "My name is Erliana Vinhoven. I'm interested in what brings us all together today."

She waves at a nearby waiter and pays him for a mug of ale to drink as well.


M
vital:
HP: 42/43, AC: 12(16)_ T: 12_ FF: 11(15), 4 images Percep +9: Init+3, F: +8_/ R: +6_/ W:+6 (+2 language dep) (+4 vs. fear), CMB: +2, CMD: 13, Speed: 20 BP 3/16 lvl 1 5/5 lvl 2 2/3
Skills:
Bluff +17; Diplo +14; Disguise +17; Intim +15; Escape Artist +6; Local +10; Nature +8; Religion +8; History +8; Sleight of Hand +13; Perform (Comedy) +14 
(Sing +14; Dance+14; Baker +13; Stealth +11

Who is Janiven? I am looking for Arael. Perhaps he is an acquaintance?

He takes a deep swig, then looks closely at Erliana's ensemble and promptly alters his hair color to accent her clothing.

Casts Prestidigitation

He smiles.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome Wizard 1

Finally arriving late is female gnome long black hair and what appears to be nothing more than a commoners dress, a dagger tucked into her belt. she peeks in the taverns seemingly unsure of what to expect looking for a familiar face.

she soon eyes the one that invited her here. She slips her way in trying to avoid any comotion.

I'm sorry I'm late, don't get out in this part of town much. wasn't sure if it was safe to come. Janiven? are these the others you metioned?


Male Human Paladin 1 HP 10/14, AC 15

"Lady Erliana, Sir... Gnome, and Sir Berrain." Ravishar nod to each of them in turn. He studies each intently, using his powers of good to determine where they are evil.

Use detect evil, focusing on each of the PCs in turn, then the two NPCs

Upon finding these newcomers to be fine, and seem to be in the same boat as him, He pulls out a chair and sits, making sure to keep everyone in his vision.

"It seems we are a little bit hazy on what our purpose here is. I'm sure we will be enlightened soon."


M
vital:
HP: 42/43, AC: 12(16)_ T: 12_ FF: 11(15), 4 images Percep +9: Init+3, F: +8_/ R: +6_/ W:+6 (+2 language dep) (+4 vs. fear), CMB: +2, CMD: 13, Speed: 20 BP 3/16 lvl 1 5/5 lvl 2 2/3
Skills:
Bluff +17; Diplo +14; Disguise +17; Intim +15; Escape Artist +6; Local +10; Nature +8; Religion +8; History +8; Sleight of Hand +13; Perform (Comedy) +14 
(Sing +14; Dance+14; Baker +13; Stealth +11

Spellcraft1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Hmm...wonder what Sir Pal is up to...eh its probably boring

Speaking in Gnomish:
Diplomacy1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Delighted to meet another of the good folk Madame Shadow, I am Fizzwiddle Glockefleffor XII...but you may call me Fizzy. Allow me to get you a drink.

Sleight of Hand1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Fizzy takes a quick stroll around the room and returns with another pilfered mug from another table, and delivers it to Kara, patting his belly in smug satisfaction.


Janiven greets you all as you enter the room. As you all arrive, the man with the green hair, turns off the stove, whispers something to Janiven then exits the room into the streets.

Ravishar:

You Do not detect evil


Fizzwiddle Glockenfleffor XXII wrote:
I am looking for Arael.

Janiven first nervously looks over at the front door then at the gnome.

"Arael should be here any minute, when he arrives we will get started . While we wait, help yourself to some wine and some stew

She reaches behind the bar, and pulls out some bowls, after filling one up she sits back down and starts to eat.


Ravishar wrote:
"It seems we are a little bit hazy on what our purpose here is. I'm sure we will be enlightened soon."

"Yes I will enlighten everybody as soon as my partner, Arael has arrived"


Ravishar wrote:


What does the area around the tavern look like, run down? Normal? ect.

Vizio's Tavern is in Parego Spera (Aka Hope's Altar) and is one of the most livable and active neighborhoods (or Rego's/Parego's). Most of the buildings are in good condition, but some like this one, have declined with age. (Will have more info involving the City in Campaign Information Tab soon)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M
vital:
HP: 42/43, AC: 12(16)_ T: 12_ FF: 11(15), 4 images Percep +9: Init+3, F: +8_/ R: +6_/ W:+6 (+2 language dep) (+4 vs. fear), CMB: +2, CMD: 13, Speed: 20 BP 3/16 lvl 1 5/5 lvl 2 2/3
Skills:
Bluff +17; Diplo +14; Disguise +17; Intim +15; Escape Artist +6; Local +10; Nature +8; Religion +8; History +8; Sleight of Hand +13; Perform (Comedy) +14 
(Sing +14; Dance+14; Baker +13; Stealth +11

Stew? Don't mind if I do! Erliana I hope you appreciated my new hue. If not we might already be through! Is the meat in here from that animal that says moo?...

Thankfully all present are spared his monologue when he begins shoveling the stew into his mouth.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome Wizard 1
Fizzwiddle Glockenfleffor XXII wrote:

Spellcraft1d20+1 Hmm...wonder what Sir Pal is up to...eh its probably boring

** spoiler omitted **

Sleight of Hand1d20+8 Fizzy takes a quick stroll around the room and returns with another pilfered mug from another table, and delivers it to Kara, patting his belly in smug satisfaction.

Kara shyly smiles as she is handed a drink. almost as if by instict her shadow starts to creep up about her as if she is trying to hide inside her own shadow. but once she takes the drink she calms a bit and returns to normal.

reply in gnome:

how did you know my name? can you read peoples minds?

Kara takes a sip


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Witch 1 * Perception +2 * Initiative +2 * HP 6/7 * CMB -1 * CMD 11 * AC 12/12/10 * Fort +0 * Ref +2 * Will +2

Calistria, grant me patience to deal with this gnome...
Erliana eats a spoonful of the soup, grateful for a free meal, and curious at the new acquaintances.

A paladin, a creepy demon thing, and two gnomes, these are the people who are going to bring justice? The paladin, certainly, but then his type are typically none too trusting of witches...

Prepared Spells for the Day:
0- Dancing Lights, Resistance, Bleed; 1- Cure Light Wounds, Burning Hands


Male Human Paladin 1 HP 10/14, AC 15

Ravishar eyes the food. Though Janiven seems to be trustworthy, experience has taught him to be careful.

"Thank you for the offer Lady Janiven, but I will refrain from eating at this time"

He looks over to the new gnome that has entered. "Good Lady, what be thy name?"


M
vital:
HP: 42/43, AC: 12(16)_ T: 12_ FF: 11(15), 4 images Percep +9: Init+3, F: +8_/ R: +6_/ W:+6 (+2 language dep) (+4 vs. fear), CMB: +2, CMD: 13, Speed: 20 BP 3/16 lvl 1 5/5 lvl 2 2/3
Skills:
Bluff +17; Diplo +14; Disguise +17; Intim +15; Escape Artist +6; Local +10; Nature +8; Religion +8; History +8; Sleight of Hand +13; Perform (Comedy) +14 
(Sing +14; Dance+14; Baker +13; Stealth +11

perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

gnomish:
It is engraved on the hilt of your dagger my dear. Fizzy says with a grin as he passes his bowl off for a second helping.

Can we go with that one? I just boned it lol, but that is a good perception.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome Wizard 1

Kara's hand goes to her dagger. the gift from her mother before heading out never realizing that inscription would be noticed.

in gnome:

of course, you have sharp eyes She replies.

when the Paladin greets her.

she begins to speak in gnomeish but quickly goes back to the common language.

oops, sorry, habit. I am Kara, Kara Deepshadow of the shadow gnomes of Rego Cader she offer her small hand in greeting to the much larger human.


Male Human Paladin 1 HP 10/14, AC 15

Ravishar stands and takes Kara's hand.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Lady Kara. I am Ravishar, paladin for Iomedae." He lays a gentle kiss upon Kara's hand. He pulls out a chair for her to sit.

"How did you get involved into this? Whatever this is."

Dark Archive

Female Gnome Wizard 1

Well its kinda long story she begins

you see, I live in the dead sector, we are a small group of shadow gnomes. many of us escaped slaves from Nidal. like my mother was. We are tired of living in fear af the shadows we are supposed to embrace. I am on my first mission for my community and I hope to make them proud. she is about to go on with her story but stops.

after a moment I'm sorry I seem to be rambling on and on


Janiven can see everybody is getting anciy and mumbles damn you Arael , before standing up and closing the door.

"I will now start our meeting, because I have no intentions of keeping anybody past sunset, to deal with the shadow beasts. My partner Arael is running late and should be here any minute"

She makes another worried glance at the door

"First off, thank all of you for agreeing to meet with me here. I have chosen each of you for a singular reason--everyone here, myself included, has suffered, whether we realize it or not. I have lived in Westcrown my whole life, and although I love this city, I must admit as must you, that despite peace and prosperity, we continue to suffer. Fear should not be an expected part of life, and yet each night brings fear to our doorsteps. Yes, Westcrown has been safe from war and famine for nearly seventy years, and yes, our businesses has prospered- but this safety and prosperity has been bought in the coinage of fear and prayers to hell. Other lands live free from tyranny. Other cities do not fear the night. Other governments do not cede the streets to monsters of infernal shadows. Other cities don't have a mayor that cares about his personal love of theater , more then the welfare of his people."

She pauses and take a drink of wine

"We all have personally been affected by this city."

Once again, she looks up at the door.

"As many of you know, I am Janiven. The shadows of the city have took many friends from me, I am harassed by the dottari and Hellknights daily, and thieves threaten my ways of means by making the streets an unsafe, unapproachable place.That is how this hellish city has affected me, lets take some time to go around the room, introduce your self to your fellow Wiscrani, let us know what unjust the city has personally objected against you!"


Male Human Paladin 1 HP 10/14, AC 15

Ravishar decides to be the first to speak.

"As I've already stated, I'm Ravishar, paladin for Iomedae. I have traveled for a time, looking for a way I can help this world, and to serve Iomedae. When I heard the troubles that this city has been having, I figured I could help. However, it seems things here are worse than I could have imagined.

I'll keep my opinions to myself, but these shadow beasts are another matter. They haunt the night, with no respect for life. Just last night I nearly died protecting someone from them, but I was saved by Lady Janiven here. I want to do whatever I can to put these beasts down, for they are a blight upon this world."


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Witch 1 * Perception +2 * Initiative +2 * HP 6/7 * CMB -1 * CMD 11 * AC 12/12/10 * Fort +0 * Ref +2 * Will +2

"My story's a bit darker than that. Some of you may have heard of my mother, or even had seen her dance. Her name was Alika Vinhoven, and she was one of the best dancers you could ever have the privilege of seeing. As such she drew a great many enamored gentleman callers. I shelter no belief anymore that my mother was promiscuous in my youth, and believe it was her undoing. She was savagely murdered in the dead of night, left for her loved ones to find. Her murder remains unsolved, but I find myself constantly haunted in my nightmares by a singular face, a face I had seen with my mother in this very city. I believe this man to be my mother's killer, something deep tells me this."

She sips at her mug of ale as her face appears to grow forlorn in the telling of her story.


M
vital:
HP: 42/43, AC: 12(16)_ T: 12_ FF: 11(15), 4 images Percep +9: Init+3, F: +8_/ R: +6_/ W:+6 (+2 language dep) (+4 vs. fear), CMB: +2, CMD: 13, Speed: 20 BP 3/16 lvl 1 5/5 lvl 2 2/3
Skills:
Bluff +17; Diplo +14; Disguise +17; Intim +15; Escape Artist +6; Local +10; Nature +8; Religion +8; History +8; Sleight of Hand +13; Perform (Comedy) +14 
(Sing +14; Dance+14; Baker +13; Stealth +11

Fizzwiddle Glockenfleffor XXII at your service. the gnome says flipping his fabulous scarf. Almost Pathfinder extraordinare. As soon as I find that lost lodge. I just haven't gotten around to it. But once I do that dried up little turd Drendel Dreng will be begging me to come back into the Society. haha...dried up little turd...that is a good one.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome Wizard 1

Kara listens the stories of the others but she soon seems lost in thought as Erliana tells her tale like she is struggling to bring up a memory.

Dd you say Alika? Kara asks tryingto confirm her memory

I think I saw her Kara recalls yes, it was 11 maybe 12 years ago. My mother and I had managed to gther enough coin to go to the see the circus. I was totally mezmeized by her dancing I even dreamed that I would dance like that, at least for a while.

She pauses a moment to gaher her thoughts but not finding just the right words I am sorry about what happened.

Kara continues with her own story, well some of you may have already heard my story, or at least some of it, but I am one of the Shadow gnomes of Westcrown. there really aren't very may of us and most of us are actually escaped slaves from Nidal. I was actually born here in Westcrown and have been living in the shadows of Rego Cader. Back Home, my mother told me, that we are special gnomes blessed by Sivanah to be the hidden protectors of the smaller races. well we can't really do that here, and with the nighttime being the way it is now, we have been reduced to living in the sewers. The night is our domain, our world, we were supposed to be the good that livs in the shadows. I still believe in that dream and that is why I am here. Kara stands proud of her stature and her belief even if it does sound silly to some of the others.

gawd I feel like a disney song should start playing and well all start to sing and dance


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M
vital:
HP: 42/43, AC: 12(16)_ T: 12_ FF: 11(15), 4 images Percep +9: Init+3, F: +8_/ R: +6_/ W:+6 (+2 language dep) (+4 vs. fear), CMB: +2, CMD: 13, Speed: 20 BP 3/16 lvl 1 5/5 lvl 2 2/3
Skills:
Bluff +17; Diplo +14; Disguise +17; Intim +15; Escape Artist +6; Local +10; Nature +8; Religion +8; History +8; Sleight of Hand +13; Perform (Comedy) +14 
(Sing +14; Dance+14; Baker +13; Stealth +11

Fizzy stands proudly next to Kara, head back belly out. He mutters a cantrip

Casts Prestidigitation to make his scarf flutter. Then he raises his mug to the table, in the traditional Gmish gesture of respect...at least that is what Fizzy will say if asked...he just made it up.

gnomish:
A good show of Gnomish solidarity is good for moral!


Male Human Paladin 1 HP 10/14, AC 15

I CAN SHOW YOU THE WORLD! No! Back evil Disney demons. I smite thee!

Ravishar bows his head at Erliana's story. "I am sorry to hear that Lady Erliana. I will help you find your mother's murderer if it is possible, and meet out justice for the crime. Though I do despise them, have you considered going to the Hellknights about this? They may be able to find him. Though I would imagine you've probably done as much as you could by this point."

At Fizzwiddle's story "Haha! That's the spirit! Though I don't think I've ever called someone a dried up little turd before..." Ravisher mumbles off thinking but then shakes his head and focuses back. "I shall help you on your quest if I can Sir Glockenfleffor."

At Kara's story "Any who is brave enough to be protectors, is a friend of mine. Let us beat back this evil and let you have the night again."

I was a little suspicious at first of these people, but they all seem ordinary, just trying to do good in this world, more or less.


Male Human Gunslinger (Arbalist) 3 | HP 33/33 GRIT 3/3 | AC 17, T 17, FF 12 CMD 18 | F +5, R +7, W +2 | Per +5 | Init +6

There was a lull in the conversation as presumably the others expected Guy to throw in his two copper. He looked up from the bowl of stew he had grabbed while the others were sharing their stories. "What? Oh, uh... Berrain of Berrain Investigations. Used to be a lieutenant in the Common Dottari," he scratched at his stubbly chin. He could tell them about the scandal, he could tell them about growing up with the gangs and prejudice but honestly he was not the sharing type.

"I suppose I'm here since I've not got anything better to do. Janiven plied me with optimism, hope and promises of free food until I agreed to come," he leaned back in his chair.


Male Human Paladin 1 HP 10/14, AC 15

I look over at Guy. "Berrain Investigations? I don't think I've ever heard of that, though I am somewhat new to this city. I take it you investigate things?"


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Witch 1 * Perception +2 * Initiative +2 * HP 6/7 * CMB -1 * CMD 11 * AC 12/12/10 * Fort +0 * Ref +2 * Will +2

"I have not gone to the Hellknights, Ser Ravishar, for I have naught but a vague description of a man. I have started my own investigation by continuing my mother's career. I have hopes that if the man was that lecherous once, he will be again, so I do what I do best and dance. And while I dance I look for the foul cretin in the audience in the hopes that one day he will be there."

With that she lifts her now nearly emptied mug.

"Well, to new beginnings and finding whatever it may be that we are looking for.

She extends the mug to everyone else at the table for a toast.


M
vital:
HP: 42/43, AC: 12(16)_ T: 12_ FF: 11(15), 4 images Percep +9: Init+3, F: +8_/ R: +6_/ W:+6 (+2 language dep) (+4 vs. fear), CMB: +2, CMD: 13, Speed: 20 BP 3/16 lvl 1 5/5 lvl 2 2/3
Skills:
Bluff +17; Diplo +14; Disguise +17; Intim +15; Escape Artist +6; Local +10; Nature +8; Religion +8; History +8; Sleight of Hand +13; Perform (Comedy) +14 
(Sing +14; Dance+14; Baker +13; Stealth +11

fizzy toasts with the rest.

Drinking that I can get behind, not sure about all these stories, hard to stay focused.

Erliana allow me to replenish your drink.

local1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Being slightly bored by the stories and having never heard of Berrains company Fizzy takes her empty mug off to refill.

swap1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 he leaves a drunk surprised at his mug being empty and presents Erliana with a mostly full mug.


Janiven joins in on the toast

"As you have heard from your fellow Wiscrani, each and every one of you has been screwed over, or been done wrong by the city. If you were to hit the streets, I am sure each and every citizen has many more stories about the horrors and injustice to tell of the city"

Janiven walks over to the bar and climbs on top.

"And that is really what matters in Westcrown. Its Citizens. Westcrown was once a great place, and she wants to be a great place again. Westcrown is not only her buildings and canals and docks and history--she is also, and most importantly, her people. Westcrown is our friends and neighbors, our mothers and fathers, our siblings and cousins, our sons and our daughters! With but a small group of supporters and dedicated brothers and sisters, we can earn the trust and admiration of those people. A Westcrown free of these shadowy beasts that stalk our streets is one step closer to a Westcrown free of the devil that is the Thrice-Dammed House of Throne!"

Sense Motive 5:

Janiven's words are treason.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Witch 1 * Perception +2 * Initiative +2 * HP 6/7 * CMB -1 * CMD 11 * AC 12/12/10 * Fort +0 * Ref +2 * Will +2

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Erliana sees where Fizzy got her new mug and while graciously accepting the mug, she avoids drinking out of it. Pretending to do so occasionally while the eccentric gnome is looking her way, but in doing so inadvertently spills the borrowed ale on poor Rickard. Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 She listens as Janiven speaks, a brutal tongue lashing of the nation's government. Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11 Not knowing whether to agree or not, she maintains her silence waiting for the reactions of everyone else.


Male Human Gunslinger (Arbalist) 3 | HP 33/33 GRIT 3/3 | AC 17, T 17, FF 12 CMD 18 | F +5, R +7, W +2 | Per +5 | Init +6

Sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"You're suggesting open treason," Guy said flatly. "I've had to work next to the Hellknights, I've seen what the powers-that-be like to do to traitors." He crossed his arms and stared the woman down.

"If I'd know I was risking the attentions of Hellknights, I would have stayed home and drank myself senseless there." Despite his words, he remained in his seat.


Male Human Paladin 1 HP 10/14, AC 15

Sense Motive:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Ravishar moves uneasily. As much as he agrees with Janiven, there is a law that must be maintained, as Guy points out. He decides he needs more information before he can decide.

"Lady Janiven, I can tell you feel strongly about this, and have your own reasons for this. How do you propose we go about this?"


M
vital:
HP: 42/43, AC: 12(16)_ T: 12_ FF: 11(15), 4 images Percep +9: Init+3, F: +8_/ R: +6_/ W:+6 (+2 language dep) (+4 vs. fear), CMB: +2, CMD: 13, Speed: 20 BP 3/16 lvl 1 5/5 lvl 2 2/3
Skills:
Bluff +17; Diplo +14; Disguise +17; Intim +15; Escape Artist +6; Local +10; Nature +8; Religion +8; History +8; Sleight of Hand +13; Perform (Comedy) +14 
(Sing +14; Dance+14; Baker +13; Stealth +11

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Aw you poor little raccoon. I dub thee Fuzzwiddle! Come on over here and let that ale drip into my mug.[b]

Sense Motive1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Hmm. Sounds like she is looking for trouble. Sounds delightful. If only she didn't take so long to get to the point.

Fizzy clambers onto the bar next to Janiven. [b] Dear Lady. You have given me stew and beer and a moderately rousing speech. Let me be the first to sign my name!!

Casts Arcane Mark Very dramatically he sweeps his finger along the surface of the bar. Leaving behind a "F" a "W" a "G" and "XXII" all interlaid over each other. I will make a point to try and create it on a paint program, but I am terrible at such things.

Sing1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

He then bursts into a decent song, perhaps a little inhibited by his third mug of ale.

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Witch 1 * Perception +2 * Initiative +2 * HP 6/7 * CMB -1 * CMD 11 * AC 12/12/10 * Fort +0 * Ref +2 * Will +2

At least his singing is not horrible. I half expected a goblin song.

As he sings Erliana uses a towel to wipe down Rickard.

"The raccoon's name is Rickard, and he's my loyalest friend."

She looks ponderously for a moment.

"While I'm not that fond of this town, I'm not terribly familiar with the government, nor do I think I'm quite ready to be arrested for treason, so whatever your plan it had better be smart. Because catching my mother's killer will be difficult to do if I'm swinging from the gallows."

Dark Archive

Female Gnome Wizard 1

Kara for the most part remains silent though the thought of getting rud of those shadow beasts does sound promising. If they could be tamed then even more so.

now all the talk of treason.

How is it Treason to help the city, our home, and if it is then perhaps it is not the beasts at night that we need to be worried about.


M
vital:
HP: 42/43, AC: 12(16)_ T: 12_ FF: 11(15), 4 images Percep +9: Init+3, F: +8_/ R: +6_/ W:+6 (+2 language dep) (+4 vs. fear), CMB: +2, CMD: 13, Speed: 20 BP 3/16 lvl 1 5/5 lvl 2 2/3
Skills:
Bluff +17; Diplo +14; Disguise +17; Intim +15; Escape Artist +6; Local +10; Nature +8; Religion +8; History +8; Sleight of Hand +13; Perform (Comedy) +14 
(Sing +14; Dance+14; Baker +13; Stealth +11

Fizzy takes a swig of ale and then continues...still singing adequately. He began the song a bit too high, but is too stubborn to lower it.

Sing1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Beyond the shadows grip
Is there a world you long to see?
Then join in the fight
That will give you the right to be free!


Male Human Gunslinger (Arbalist) 3 | HP 33/33 GRIT 3/3 | AC 17, T 17, FF 12 CMD 18 | F +5, R +7, W +2 | Per +5 | Init +6

"I agree with Ms. Vinhoven, you traded on what little optimism and charity I had, Janiven, but you can't help anyone after getting your neck stretched. We're six people, three of whom look like they've never had to cut a man down before. There is courage and then there is foolishness, but you're no fool, are you Janiven? Otherwise the Hellknights would be knocking on the door. So why don't we start small and work our way up to the big questions when the time comes, eh?"


As Janiven gets off from atop the bar, she looks over at the gnome singing and dancing away, not sure if the gnome is mocking her, or just a little tipsy, she makes here way towards the rest of the group with a worried look on her face.

"I truly believe that a small group of like-minded people can improve the lives of the people of this once great town of Westcrown, but we must take care not to appear as rebel or rioters. We must gain the trust of the people, through good deeds and providing what aid we can."

She looks around to make sure she has everyone's attention.

"Westcrown has long been ignored by the rulers of Cheliax. As long as we win the hearts of Westcrown's citizens by doing good deeds and avoid as many direct entanglements with the government as possible, the House of Throne will continue to ignore what they interpret as "petty squabbling" in the old capital."

I know this isn't an easy choice to make.."

But before Janiven can finish her sentence, there is a loud bang on the door.

THUD THUD THUD

Janiven grabs the hilt of her sword while getting up and moving to the window, slowly and discreetly peeking through the curtains at the knocking outside. She then quickly makes her way to the door, and opens it, and in stumbles an out of breath and frighted looking teenager.

"Th-The-They've Got Arael" the boy cries out before immediately doubling over in wheezing and coughing fit.

Janiven locks the door and knells down to aid the young man, a look of panic on her face.


Male Human Paladin 1 HP 10/14, AC 15

At the pounding at the door, Ravishar tenses up and fingers his sword hilt. As the boy falls down, he stands up and draws his sword.

"Janiven, are you able to give this boy first aid, and if not, we need someone else." He goes over and looks out the window to make sure the coast is clear, and silently curses. Looks like I just got roped into whatever is going to happen, whether I like it or not.


M
vital:
HP: 42/43, AC: 12(16)_ T: 12_ FF: 11(15), 4 images Percep +9: Init+3, F: +8_/ R: +6_/ W:+6 (+2 language dep) (+4 vs. fear), CMB: +2, CMD: 13, Speed: 20 BP 3/16 lvl 1 5/5 lvl 2 2/3
Skills:
Bluff +17; Diplo +14; Disguise +17; Intim +15; Escape Artist +6; Local +10; Nature +8; Religion +8; History +8; Sleight of Hand +13; Perform (Comedy) +14 
(Sing +14; Dance+14; Baker +13; Stealth +11

Things just got real!

Fizzy immediately stops singing, and strap on his buckler and draws his whip. Hopping off the bar he rushes past the downed boy. Reading himself to act if something come into the door.

casts Haunted Fey Aspect

Fizzy appearance immediately becomes dark and haunted looking, his skin paling.


Male Human Gunslinger (Arbalist) 3 | HP 33/33 GRIT 3/3 | AC 17, T 17, FF 12 CMD 18 | F +5, R +7, W +2 | Per +5 | Init +6

Guy joined Ravishar towards the front of the tavern, his own hand hovering over the hilt of his sword. He cast the human a knowing look, probably guessing what the younger man was thinking. "Welcome to my life, boy."

1 to 50 of 320 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Westcrown and Down All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.