Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

We're Gonna Take a Walk Outside Today...

Game Master Kobold Cleaver

Beyond maps, beyond horizon, beyond all but story, out into a world great and wondrous. There is no set arc; there is no overarching villain. There is only the journey. There is only west.

House Rules/Setting Info.


401 to 420 of 420 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

The Lost Tower

With their combined strength, Rex and Isamu move the mattress into position beneath the struggling Yeldrid. Yeldrid fights frantically, but the birds are persistent, and impossible to shake off.

Lily Shadow?


Female Arachna Vigilante (stalker) Init +2; HP 11/11; AC 19, Touch 13, FF 17; CMD 13; FCMD 11; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +1; Perception +3

Seeing Yeldrid's predicament, Lily climbs closer, trying to help her ally by fending the darting singers off with her dagger:

Aid Another: 1d20 ⇒ 9 Exactly what the numerical bonus added to that is here will depend on Yeldrid's next action; it's probably a +2 as an escape artist check to aid Yeldrid getting away.


The Lost Tower

I'll let you add +2 to Yeldrid's CMD.

Round 2: The Birds

"No one is here to help you!" screech the birds, and they attempt to drop Yeldrid from his perch.

CMB: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Shiiit.

The shining singers manage to tear Yeldrid away from the wall. Once they're confident he's beyond the ability to catch himself, they let him fall.

Falling Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 lethal plus: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 nonlethal.

Yeldrid bounces painfully on the mattress, which is now especially springy but still considerably softer than stone. The birds look enraged, and begin swirling in a furious spiral. "Cheat! Cheat! Cheat! You cheating lot!"


The Lost Tower

Round 3-4: The party is up!


Perception +7 Init +4 Active Buffs: Body None! Yeldrid is just a mundane catgirl....or, so he says. Change out SHOOTY MACHINE BROKE Stats: HP 6 (2,4 NL)/12 AC 16 F-F 12 Touch 14 CMD 15 Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +1 Resources: Grit 0/1, Bullets 16, Pellets 6 Powder Horn 1:4 doses;2:10 doses

Yeldrid straightens with a crack and a yowl, before whimpering "T-thanks lads, y-ya rea-*ow*"

He rolls off the mattress, pulls out his gun and loads it.

End of turn


Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 11/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 3/5

Isamu takes a ready stance with his blade, giving Yeldrid a short nod, too focused on the foe for more.

Readied action to attack if they get within reach.

Rapier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


The Lost Tower

Rex and Lily Shadow are up!


Female Arachna Vigilante (stalker) Init +2; HP 11/11; AC 19, Touch 13, FF 17; CMD 13; FCMD 11; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +1; Perception +3

Seeing Yeldrid's plight, Lily makes a final swipe at the singers

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Before scuttling down towards safety.


Paladin 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | CMB +3 | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2 | Init +1 | Senses: Darkvision, Scent | Perception +2

Well...can't do a lot until they get closer so.

Rex draws his blade and swings it a few times through some precise arcs. When the blade stops he calls out in Common, "In the name of the light of Danaan I challenge you." He points at the birds and the blade glows with holy light. Then he waits to strike.

Readied attack+Smite+Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 3 - 1 = 18
damage+Smite+Power Attack: 1d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 = 9

Using Smite. If its an outsider with the evil subtype then +1 damage. +3 AC against the birds for a 20. Bypasses DR but I don't think that counts for swarm traits.


The Lost Tower

Lily swipes at the swarm, but the birds flit out of the way, giving mocking chirps and whistles.

Round 4: Bad Birds

The damaged swarm descends, screeching and screaming all the way, and tries to harry Lily. The birds zoom around her, grasping at her clothing, but perhaps Lily's expertly-crafted garments are a bit too fine for the birds to get firm grips. She is able to force them off.

CMB: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Round 4-5: The party is up! The birds are now ten feet off the ground. You can't reach them by default, but perhaps if you found a way to gain some height...


Perception +7 Init +4 Active Buffs: Body None! Yeldrid is just a mundane catgirl....or, so he says. Change out SHOOTY MACHINE BROKE Stats: HP 6 (2,4 NL)/12 AC 16 F-F 12 Touch 14 CMD 15 Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +1 Resources: Grit 0/1, Bullets 16, Pellets 6 Powder Horn 1:4 doses;2:10 doses

Not a bad idea.

"Rex! Get up on my shoulders! I'm going to lift ya towards the birds!"

Yeldrid will take a readied action to lift Rex up towards the birds over taking an attack, when Rex is ready.


Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 11/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 3/5

Isamu shakes his head slightly. "You have a weapon that works at a range. Let me do the lifting--I don't have any way to strike at them myself."

Isamu will take Yeldrid's idea if Yeldrid wants to fire instead.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Perception +7 Init +4 Active Buffs: Body None! Yeldrid is just a mundane catgirl....or, so he says. Change out SHOOTY MACHINE BROKE Stats: HP 6 (2,4 NL)/12 AC 16 F-F 12 Touch 14 CMD 15 Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +1 Resources: Grit 0/1, Bullets 16, Pellets 6 Powder Horn 1:4 doses;2:10 doses

Yeldrid looks at his gun. "Yeah, fair point. Face the might of the Rolling Thunder, birdies!"

He'll shoot instead

Scatter w/pistol@Birds: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

The air is filled with a strange smell, unlike the normal smell of the gun powder. Everyone on the ground is showered in a fine red dust and small ball bearings as his gun misfires. The strange box contraption attached to the firearm peels off with a horrific screech, spinning away into the trees. The barrel has also mostly melted into slag.

Yeldrid stares at his weapon in shock.

"I really need to move my spice bag..."

Well that's not good. I really need to get a crossbow for these scenarios....


The Lost Tower

Lily Shadow, Yeldrid and Rex are up. If you wish to simply maintain your readied action, you can keep your "readied rolls" from last round.


Paladin 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | CMB +3 | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2 | Init +1 | Senses: Darkvision, Scent | Perception +2

Rez's focus could not be broken. Not by friend or foe. He watched the colorful (at least by his estimation since they were all shades of grey) birds swarm with predatory intensity. He widened his field of vision to focus on even his periphery. He was a sentinal. A guardian.

Are those birds getting closer?

Rex found himself ascending towards the ceiling. However that was happening he hoped they kept going. He wanted something to swing at.

Maintain Readied Action while unknowingly being lifted towards the enemy.


Female Arachna Vigilante (stalker) Init +2; HP 11/11; AC 19, Touch 13, FF 17; CMD 13; FCMD 11; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +1; Perception +3

Lily finishes climbing down the tower, preparing to help rex swing at the annoying birds.

aid another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

aaack, no, don't pull there! Lily struggles as the birds proceed to rip and tear at her garments.


The Lost Tower

I'm gonna get one last post up tomorrow, then I'm off to Paizocon til Tuesday. That said, how is Rex getting lifted up? Is that Isamu? I might have missed something.


Perception +7 Init +4 Active Buffs: Body None! Yeldrid is just a mundane catgirl....or, so he says. Change out SHOOTY MACHINE BROKE Stats: HP 6 (2,4 NL)/12 AC 16 F-F 12 Touch 14 CMD 15 Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +1 Resources: Grit 0/1, Bullets 16, Pellets 6 Powder Horn 1:4 doses;2:10 doses

Yeah it's Isamu. Yeldrid shot instead. And covered everyone in paprika


Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 11/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 3/5

What Yeldrid said. :D


The Lost Tower

Oh, now it makes sense. For some reason I thought Yeldrid was offering to boost Isamu. That'll trigger Rex's readied action.

Rex is raised up into the air by Isamu, and before he's even fully registered how he got there, he has slashed brutally into the swarm. His blade is covered in blood as birds rain down around him.

Round 5: The birds

The swarm is badly injured, but it still retains enough cohesion and fury to descend downwards, toward Rex and Isamu. "Kill you!" the birds screech. Their voices are far from beautiful now. "Kill you! We will peck out your eyes, feast on your cheating tongues!"

Snatch Rex;Isamu: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

The kitsune and corgyn both find themselves entangled amid the shrill flock. Talons claw and knot into Rex's fur, latch onto and yank Isamu's hair. The birds begin to drag the pair upwards.

Rex/Isamu:
You are entangled. On subsequent rounds, the shining singers can attempt to pull you up into the air with checks vs. your CMD. Basically, see this as "Grappled Lite".

So, you can still move around—you're not rooted to anything. That said, you will still retain the Entangled condition after doing so, as enough birds will cling on for the rest of the swarm to "catch up" on their turn. They'll still be able to try to pick you up, too.

A DC 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 Acrobatics check (opposing their Fly check) is sufficient to escape their grasp as a standard action.

Round 5-6: You are up!

401 to 420 of 420 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Journey Uncharted All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.