Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

We're Gonna Take a Walk Outside Today...

Game Master Kobold Cleaver

Beyond maps, beyond horizon, beyond all but story, out into a world great and wondrous. There is no set arc; there is no overarching villain. There is only the journey. There is only west.

House Rules/Setting Info.


651 to 700 of 786 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Forest Graves

So, Rex and Lily plan to race, while Yeldrid gets through by virtue of b!***@#& bridgesagaciousness. How is Isamu planning to win his way across?


Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 3/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 1/5

Sorry, trip is busy.

Isamu thinks a moment, then grins a bit. "How about the two of us have a contest to see who can turn into the smallest animal?"


Forest Graves

"I...I mean, that doesn't seem fair." The turtle creature scratches his head. "I mean, I'm already a little turtle, and you're a giant human, which is only barely an animal at all. Seems like I'd win by default, by my reckoning. But sure, I'll let you give it a shot." He yawns. "Which contest should we do first?"


Paladin 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | CMB +3 | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2 | Init +1 | Senses: Darkvision, Scent | Perception +2

Rex looks up after just placing his breastplate on the ground. "Oh, uh, you two have it."


Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 3/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 1/5

How big is he, anyway?

Isamu shrugs slightly. "I'd be fine with going first. What happens if I lose? I simply can't cross?"


Forest Graves

He's a bit bigger than Raguen, but still shorter than Isamu. How tall is Isamu, again?

"Eh." Daguen shrugs as well. "I'll just go back to the wrestling match. I never get to throw anyone in Neragu anymore." He bows. "It's your turn. Let's see your shape."


Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 3/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 1/5

Eh, not that big. Let's say 5'8"?

Isamu bows back. "Very well, then," he says, and then promptly turns into a small fox.

He looks up at Daguen with a vulpine grin.


Forest Graves

Sorry, thought I posted this this morning!

Daguen looks down at Isamu, chewing his lower...well, beak. "Hm. Well-played. But have you considered...THIS?!"

Daguen drops to his knees and wraps his arms around them, pulling himself into an impossibly tight fetal position. He squeezes tighter and tighter, until it almost seems like he is disappearing into himself, like a snake eating its own tail. He grunts and groans, clearly struggling, and finally, with a loud pop, disappears into his shell.

The shell falls over into the grass. There is a short pause as the onlookers register what has just happened.

"Nope," Cappy says, whistling. "Still a bigger than the fox, I'd say—a hair bigger."


Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 3/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 1/5

Isamu yips something that might be a laugh, though given that he's currently limited to fox sounds, it's hard to tell for sure.


Forest Graves

"Well." Daguen's voice comes out muffled initially as he 'unfolds' himself from his shell. "That could have gone better."

The turtle creature stands up again. Notably, he has carefully kept his head straight and upright the entire time, preventing the bowl from spilling. "I will race you, dog and spider. And..." His gaze falls reluctantly upon the goblin, who grins winningly. "Fine. And you, 'Cappy'. From here to the Smiling Stone." He gestures to a large boulder about three hundred feet off. "First to make it there wins. For every racer that makes it from here to the stone, you get one person across. But if I win...I take the dog's heart."

There is a short pause as it waddles back into the stream, then yawns. "Just kidding. Ready?"

"Ready I'll ever be!" Cappy grins, adjusting his hat. "Yeldrid, why don't you fire us off?"

Trin looks on, wide-eyed. They look between Yeldrid and Isamu. "I'm not sure about this!"

The Race Begins! Everybody who's racing (Lily Shadow and Rex), roll initiative. If you beat the NPCs, go ahead and give me your action! We're, uh, gonna play pretty fast-and-loose here. Actual Pathfinder race mechanics are boring. Rex is pretty much a guarantee, but Lily definitely isn't, so feel free to suggest flavorful tricks and roll a Climb/Acrobatics/Dex check or the like to seek an edge. There are no rules for this race save what Daguen has decreed.

Daguen Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Cappy Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Perception +7 Init +4 Active Buffs: Body None! Yeldrid is just a mundane catgirl....or, so he says. Change out She good. Stats: HP 11 (1)/12 AC 16 F-F 12 Touch 14 CMD 15 Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +1 Resources: Grit 1/1, Bullets 7, Pellets 7 Powder Horn 1:0 doses;2:7 doses

"It'll be fine, Trin. Worse comes to worse, a few people get chucked into the river." Yeldrid chuckles and pats them on the shoulder.

Yeldrid is a little surprised Cappy knew what her gun is, but she reckons she'll talk to him about that later.

Yeldrid loads a blank shot, waits for everyone to line up, and calls out
"Alright. ON YOUR MARKS. GET SET."

BANG!


Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 3/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 1/5

Isamu shifts back to this true form just in time to flinch as Yeldrid fires her gun.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Arachna Vigilante (stalker) Init +2; HP 11/11; AC 19, Touch 13, FF 17; CMD 13; FCMD 11; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +1; Perception +3

initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Lily throws a dagger at the turtle as a distraction Dirty Trick Combat Manevuer 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"You'd better....oh snapdragon, sugarflies..." Lily begins taunting Daguen as part of her attack, unfortunately the ground near the river is a bit muddy, and she falls in an embarassing heap as she tries to distract the turtle.

Non-plussed, she deftly begins ahead---vaulting, tumbling, and climbing parkour-style to make the shortest path to the Smiling Stone and hopefully make up for that initial gambit. acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Forest Graves

I probably should have just rolled init for the PCs, like I usually do—I was thinking I'd leave Init to you, since it's a big part of the race, but I recognize now that it's probably better to stay consistant. Sorry for changing the rules on you guys at random!

Rex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

The First Six Seconds

Cappy is the first to take off, springing from the path and racing along the river's edge. Only about forty feet in, though, the goblin seems to trip on a root and fall facefirst, vanishing from sight with a, "Oop!"

"Ugh," Daguen mutters from the stream. " That's unsporting..."

Isamu: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5 Yeldrid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Rex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Lily: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Daguen: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Rex and Lily Shadow! Remember that all of this is basically simultaneous, though anyone who wins Init does obviously have a slight lead.


Paladin 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | CMB +3 | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2 | Init +1 | Senses: Darkvision, Scent | Perception +2

Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Rex had just removed the last piece of armor when Daguen casually mentions possibly murder, specifically his. "What now." His claim of joking does not alleviate Rex's mind but it is too late to think of that for long. He misses the beginning of Yeldrid's count down and barely has any time to hope out of his greaves before the gun is fired. The sound is loud and terrifying as always but Rex leaps into action a breath after Daguen. In the water the turtle is fast. But on land, Rex is faster and he quickly gains ground. Like a squirrel, he dodges around obstacles and over fallen logs, tongue flapping in the breeze. This was going to be fun.


Forest Graves

Lily Shadow vaults from stone to stump to tree to riverbank, sprinting with all the agility of a hungry jumping spider. But her throw has sent her off-balance, and she finds herself lagging behind the others.

With a startled hiss at the dagger, Daguen takes off down the river, jetting against the current with the speed of a startled crayfish, or perhaps even a spooked octopus.

Trin runs over to the side of the creek and reaches in, retrieving Lily's dagger. They hold it with a mix of reverence and unsure-whether-they-should-be-holding-thisness.

At six seconds into the race, Rex is in the lead at 250 feet, bounding on all fours towards the stone as if chasing the world's most ill-mannered squirrel. Daguen is a fair ways behind at 160 feet, more than halfway to the stone. Lily Shadow trails at 120 feet, though she does have a slight edge in momentum*. And Cappy is...nowhere to be seen.

*Meaning, she leads Daguen in the Initiative.

The Next Six Seconds:

Feel free to post your actions in any order, Rex and Lily Shadow!


Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 3/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 1/5

Seeing Trin pick up the dagger, Isamu jogs over to them.

"Trin, why don't you let me hold that?" he asks. "I could show you a few things about it."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Paladin 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | CMB +3 | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2 | Init +1 | Senses: Darkvision, Scent | Perception +2

Acro: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The pug is Rex

Rex charges down the dirt trail. He looks over his shoulder at the others and smiles at being ahead. When he turns back, a log appears in his path. He panics and leaps as hard as he can.

He realizes his mistake mid flight.

He hits the chest first and flops over like a fish out of water. He recovers as only a canine can and keeps going with a wheezing yell, "I'm okay."


Forest Graves

"Yeah?" Trin holds up the dagger for Isamu, excited. "Cool!" They glance at Yeldrid. "Yeldrid, Isamu's gonna show me how to use a knife!"

I'll resolve what's up with Rex in a bit, but Lily Shadow?


Female Arachna Vigilante (stalker) Init +2; HP 11/11; AC 19, Touch 13, FF 17; CMD 13; FCMD 11; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +1; Perception +3

Lily sees herself lagging far behind the others, and shakes her head, dashing into an all-out sprint, while still avoiding obstacles acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

As she sees rex charge chest-first into the log ahead, she grimaces, and shouts some encouragement "Don't worry Rex, just keep your eyes in front of you, you have this!"


Perception +7 Init +4 Active Buffs: Body None! Yeldrid is just a mundane catgirl....or, so he says. Change out She good. Stats: HP 11 (1)/12 AC 16 F-F 12 Touch 14 CMD 15 Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +1 Resources: Grit 1/1, Bullets 7, Pellets 7 Powder Horn 1:0 doses;2:7 doses

"Ha, that's not a knife," Yeldrid grins, reaches into her boot and pulls out her dagger. "This is a knife."

She hands it to Isamu with a wink.


Forest Graves

As Rex rams into the log, flips over it, and slams into the Smiling Stone facefirst, Lily Shadow feels a tap on her elbow. She looks down and realizes that Cappy has somehow closed with her. He grins, easily keeping pace. "I know a shortcut, Miss Shadow, if 're open!"

It's the last few seconds of the race. Daguen is surging towards the finish line, practically skipping across the water like a stone, but he'll need to get out of the water to complete the race. The red-hatted goblin grins, offering his hand.

Does Lily Shadow accept?


Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 3/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 1/5

Isamu takes both daggers, puts Lily's away for the moment, and starts telling Trin about the different parts of the knife and how to use one safely.


Female Arachna Vigilante (stalker) Init +2; HP 11/11; AC 19, Touch 13, FF 17; CMD 13; FCMD 11; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +1; Perception +3

"That would be most welcome Cappy, please lead the way."


Paladin 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | CMB +3 | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2 | Init +1 | Senses: Darkvision, Scent | Perception +2

Temporarily stunned, Rex lays there completely still. Once he is sure all his faculties are barking in the right direction, he springs up to watch the rest of the race.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Forest Graves

Cappy grabs Lily's hand, and Lily feels a strange sensation rush through her. She suddenly becomes aware of a small wooden trapdoor in the grass up ahead of them. Was that there before?

With a whistle, Cappy slides into the trapdoor, kicking its brass handle open, and yanks Lily inside.

Less than a second later, a trapdoor opens from the ground right next to Rex, and Lily and Rex emerge. Daguen's eyes widen as Cappy (and, presumably, Lily) slap their hands on the Smiling Stone with moments to spare.

Neither trapdoor can be found upon later inspection. Cappy seems quite pleased with himself.


Female Arachna Vigilante (stalker) Init +2; HP 11/11; AC 19, Touch 13, FF 17; CMD 13; FCMD 11; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +1; Perception +3

Lily looks around astounded after leaving the trapdoor, belatedly realizing she should slap the smiling stone, which she does with gusto. "That is a very handy shortcut Cappy!"


Perception +7 Init +4 Active Buffs: Body None! Yeldrid is just a mundane catgirl....or, so he says. Change out She good. Stats: HP 11 (1)/12 AC 16 F-F 12 Touch 14 CMD 15 Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +1 Resources: Grit 1/1, Bullets 7, Pellets 7 Powder Horn 1:0 doses;2:7 doses

Yeldrid whistles and yells out "You beauty! That's how ya do it!"


Forest Graves

Cappy gives a low bow. "Was my pleasure!"

"Well," Daguen says, with a low sigh, "I suppose that's that. You'll all be on your way, then." The turtle stretches and yawns, turning and waddling back into the stream. He doesn't seem disappointed so much as he seems tired—physically, that is.


Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 3/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 1/5

Isamu looks up from his demonstration. "Time for us to go, then, Trin," he says, handing the daggers back to their owners.


Perception +7 Init +4 Active Buffs: Body None! Yeldrid is just a mundane catgirl....or, so he says. Change out She good. Stats: HP 11 (1)/12 AC 16 F-F 12 Touch 14 CMD 15 Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +1 Resources: Grit 1/1, Bullets 7, Pellets 7 Powder Horn 1:0 doses;2:7 doses

Yeldrid calls out to Daguen, "Take care, Daguen. Do the Guild proud."

She strides across the newly created bridge, happy as can be.


Forest Graves

Cappy follows Yeldrid across the bridge, Cappy as can be.

Sorry, I'ma flake for one more day—there'll be a post tomorrow!


Paladin 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | CMB +3 | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2 | Init +1 | Senses: Darkvision, Scent | Perception +2

Rex shakes himself from the dazing hit on the rock and pants as he looks around. He cocks his head at Lily and Cappy then over at Daguen. "Did we win?" Daguen confirms and Rex nods in satisfaction. That was indeed a fun run. He takes a more sedate pace back to his gear and starts donning the armor. "Thank you for letting us cross," he says to Daguen. "And it was a pleasure to meet you Cappy," he says to the odd goblin. "Unfortunately we have a mission to get to so far thee well." He crosses the bridge gingerly, testing each step, before hoping on the ground on the other side. "Well made."


Forest Graves

Daguen nods curtly as he drifts back into the water.

"Oh, thee well as well!" Cappy nods happily, keeping pace with the party. He strums his lute casually as he walks along the path, right next to Yeldrid. Trin eyes him uncertainly. The goblin seems entirely oblivious to their—and anyone else's—odd glances.


Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 3/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 1/5

"Where are you headed, Cappy?" Isamu asks as he subconsciously places himself between the goblin and Trin. "It might be that our paths mingle for a while."


Paladin 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | CMB +3 | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2 | Init +1 | Senses: Darkvision, Scent | Perception +2

Wasn't Cappy trying to cross in the opposite direction we were.


Forest Graves

No, he took part in the race. He was always on your side of the river.

"Oh, yes!" Cappy smiles brightly. "There is only one path, after all, and only two directions down it!"


Perception +7 Init +4 Active Buffs: Body None! Yeldrid is just a mundane catgirl....or, so he says. Change out She good. Stats: HP 11 (1)/12 AC 16 F-F 12 Touch 14 CMD 15 Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +1 Resources: Grit 1/1, Bullets 7, Pellets 7 Powder Horn 1:0 doses;2:7 doses

"I suppose you know where you're going, then? I suppose that makes one of us!" Yeldrid chuckles to herself.

Sense Motive@Cappy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Forest Graves

Yeldrid:
Cappy sure does seem fond of his hat!

"Oh, yes." Cappy plinks a few notes on his lute. "I'm west, naturally!"


Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 3/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 1/5

"Have you ever been this way before?" Isamu asks.


Female Arachna Vigilante (stalker) Init +2; HP 11/11; AC 19, Touch 13, FF 17; CMD 13; FCMD 11; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +1; Perception +3

"Well it'll be nice to have some company on the journey then; someday you'll have to teach me how you find those shortcuts."


Forest Graves

"Oh, a long time ago." Cappy shrugs. "But it's a long time. Roads change! It is good to the journey with friends, eh?" He winks at Lily. "Finding a cut is easy—it's knowing how to follow that tricky!"

The band continues onwards through the forest, now with one additional tagalong. Trin is cautiously curious towards the goblin, who seems to handle every question—even the more insensitive ones, like, "Did someone squash your face?"—with great humor. Soon, Cappy is merrily strumming his lute and whistling loudly to entertain Trin along the trail.

Perhaps, the group notices, as the sun approaches a branch-obscured horizon and the forest grows darker, a bit too loud.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 3/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 1/5

Isamu's hand hasn't strayed far from his rapier all day. The forest had proven itself dangerous enough. As night approaches, he hopes fervently they'll be able to see the moon tonight. He'll feel better if Ysidar's light shines on them.

"We'd best quiet down a bit," he says to the group but especially Cappy. "We've had enough trouble in the woods without attracting more attention."


Paladin 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | CMB +3 | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2 | Init +1 | Senses: Darkvision, Scent | Perception +2

"Yes, this wood is very strange. Gangles, water-turtles, voices in the night, ghost children and a very hungry politician. Very strange indeed."


Forest Graves

Cappy frowns, but stops whistling and stops playing. "Well, we're strange travelers, Rex."

He is silent and subdued as the group travels through this part of the Writhing Wood. Trin fiddles with the clicking device Yeldrid gave them, the ghost child seeming similarly ill-at-ease. This area is dark, and smells of mildew, and the light filters awkwardly through the branches like it's embarrassed to be there. But the moon does shine, at least. And those beams of moonlight are all that prevent Isamu from tripping right over the first monolith the party encounters.

It is an old and wild thing, covered in moss and hairy lichen, a great gray stone roughly Trin's size, shaped like an arch. The etchings are marred by wind and water and mud, and the earth before it is covered in gaudy yellow mushrooms. A winged skull is carved in the top.

Though this stone's nature and purpose might seem simple to you or I, they are likely less so to the PCs. Remember how the people of Barlily, for instance, deal with their dead.

Cappy Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Knowledge (history or religion) 12:
People did bury the dead, once, long ago. Foolish people, who mistrusted the Styx, who did not heed her warnings. They sealed the dead in lockboxes deep in the ground and hoped the dead would remain there. And one day, the keys to those lockboxes went missing, and one-by-one over the next few decades, the dead who had been sealed away began to awaken.

Nobody buries the dead anymore. The dead are set in boats, or, if need be, burned. It is more respectful. And it is safer.

Gravestones are not a common sight.

There are more of these carved stones around—some in the path, some next to it. Some mostly worn away or broken, some almost fully intact. This unpleasant part of the forest seems almost full of them, in fact, now that the group knows what to look for.

Isamu: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7 Yeldrid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Rex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Lily: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Cappy: 1d20 ⇒ 10 Trin: 1d20 ⇒ 2

1d20 ⇒ 10

Yeldrid:
You hear a branch snap up above. You look up—and notice Cappy surreptitiously doing the same—and see a very, very thin figure clinging to a branch some forty feet above. The wind shifts the branches slightly, and the moonlight shines down on the figure directly.

It is a skeleton, covered in moss and fungi and thorny briars. It seems lifeless now that Yeldrid has a clear look at it—just strewn across the branch. But Yeldrid could swear she saw it shifting a second ago.


Perception +7 Init +4 Active Buffs: Body None! Yeldrid is just a mundane catgirl....or, so he says. Change out She good. Stats: HP 11 (1)/12 AC 16 F-F 12 Touch 14 CMD 15 Fort +5 Ref +7 Will +1 Resources: Grit 1/1, Bullets 7, Pellets 7 Powder Horn 1:0 doses;2:7 doses

"Boneboy above. Get down."

Yeldrid spins her gun into her hand and shoots upwards at the shifting skeleton.

Pistol@Skelly: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 2 = 4

There is a sudden bang, and the entire party is showered in glitter. Yeldrid's gun has seemingly splintered down the middle and is leaking a multicoloured substance. It smells of licorice.

"Ummm....looks like I've got some more hair dye. So, go get 'em boys and Lily. I'm gonna go fix my gun."

Yeldrid walks over to the side of the path and starts pulling apart her gun. She siphons some of the weird substance into a pot.

Lol I guess that's what I get for having an itchy trigger-finger


Forest Graves

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 171d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d20 ⇒ 91d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 6

As Yeldrid is occupied fixing her gun, Rex spots a skeletal figure scrabbling in the branches. No sooner has he done so than Cappy is pointing out and hissing, "There!" Lily and Isamu notice it as well.

As well as the four others scrambling out of the brush and scrubby briars, approaching the path.

The corpses are covered in moss and fungi and thorny vines, and there is little flesh remaining—just brilliant red roses that emerge from their eye sockets, their mouths, their ribcages. The plants seem to be all that hold them together.

"Iiiinterlopers," rasps the skeleton up above, with a grinding, yet somehow nasal voice that sets Yeldrid's and Rex's ears on-edge. "Trrrrespassers..."

Isamu: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Yeldrid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Rex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Lily: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Cappy: 1d20 ⇒ 15 Undead?: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Init Order:
Lily and Cappy
Briar Dead
Isamu/Yeldrid/Rex

Cappy's head tilts quizzically, and he takes out his lute and starts to play. Every plinking note seems to resonate strangely, and everyone who hears it can swear they hear other distant instruments, some strange to them—fiddles and panpipes, cellos and harmonicas, organs and steelpans. The music is discordant, but something about it puts a skip in the listener's step.

Everyone gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage, and saves against fear/charm.

Round 0: Everybody gets to act in the surprise round. Lily is up!

Map is updated.


Female Arachna Vigilante (stalker) Init +2; HP 11/11; AC 19, Touch 13, FF 17; CMD 13; FCMD 11; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +1; Perception +3

Lily starts a moment at the sharp retort of the gun, suddenly taking notice of the strange figures creeping around in the darkness above. She shakes her head quickly, collecting her thoughts as the figures speak.

"I apologize if we have trespassed on your important site," she calls up towards the trees, "We are merely travellers through the woods, and mean no harm." She glances over at Yeldrid, fiddling with her gun, "Surely we can find a way through the forest without disturbing your..." She looks at the stones uncertainly ...shrines??...

diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Forest Graves

There is silence for a moment.

The response does not come from any single skeleton. It seems to emanate from the ground, the trees, the moss and ferns. Every now and then, it releases from one of the five skeletons, seemingly at random. But the voice remains the same—grinding, nasal, grinding.

"IIIIII need no shrrrrrines, girl. The forrrrest is my shrine. The ssssssky, my cathedral. The corpse-filled grrrround, my offerings." The skeletons each rap their knuckles upon their own skulls, each producing a slightly different tone. The result is a strange, discordant five-note melody. "Toooo travel through my woods iiiiis harm, girl. And TWO of your number..." The skeletons perform the melodic drumming once more. "...have spoken with the STUMP WIGHT." When it emphasizes words, the speaker does not grow louder. Instead, its voice turns echoing and distant, as if it is screaming down a long, narrow cave.

Okay, we'll pause Initiative until someone else wants to try a hostile action, at which point we'll revert to Lily's turn.


Male Kitsune Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP 3/11| AC: 17 T: 14 Fl: 13 | CMB: +1 CMD: 15 | F +1 R +5 W +0 | Init +3 Perception +0| Panache 1/5

"If travel is harm," Isamu begins, hand on his rapier-hilt, "Then would it not be best to let us travel quickly, that our journey may pass beyond the boughs of the forest sooner?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

651 to 700 of 786 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Journey Uncharted All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.