Welcome to the Guard!

Game Master Swordwhale

Warhammer 40k - Only War game. Also a tribute game to the famous 'All Guardsmen Party'.


2,001 to 2,050 of 2,903 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Lind Ansley BS37 WS32 S30 A30 T31(T29 2 hours) In28 Wp41 Fel42 Per21 Fate 0/1 Ins18 Wound3/17,Crispy 13/40 +2Clips

"I would appreciate if you could be my tool in handling the morale of those..." Frakking zealots "Overeager and undereducated servants of the emperor. The carrot is always more effective than the stick in the long run.
However I do not think it is a good idea to make this a permanent posting. Your assignment is to the spiritual needs of this squad after all."

And I think it's best that I check your continued sanity every now and again if I surround you with more religious nutjobs.

Once Aurius returns:

"So - definite node in the bike cave, no info on the other 2 caves ahead but it seems the noise is not coming out here after all, it goes between the bike cave and the Rokk. That about sums it up?"


Male Human Storm Trooper Wounds: 18/18 Fate: 1/1 WS34; BS39; S39; T54; Agi32; Int30; Per27; WP30; Fel29; Insanity: 11; Fatigue: 1; Corruption: 1

”Aye, sir, that about sums it up. Didn’t risk going in any further since the area was pretty active and well lit where the majority of them were gathered up. No sign of a power conduit from where I was at either.”


Superiors: Maj. MacKenzie @Hammer || Crew: (Requiem: "Bob", "Madhead") (Salvus: "Feral", "Jamis-1", "Jamis-2") (Invictus: "Cookie", "Greenhorn") (Dies Irae: "Flamewall")

With a thoughtful expression, your makeshift CO joins the conversation again.
"Thantus ... ye saw power cabling runnin' in ta cave, eh?
An 'ey're workin on some or 'nother, right?
Then ... 'ey need power fer doin' so, no?
An the cave 's far off the main camp, with no regular patrols.
We can attack 'em, secure the cave an' da node, without alarming da 'ole lot of 'em, parkin yer 'Margret' in there, right at da node, 'ere da Cogboy needs it, ta be.
At least on te paper, that is 'urse.
Then we should do that, guys.
Unlesss one of ya, have a more ... complex and fine plan ta 'ocede?"


Male Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 6/14 | Armor rating: 6 (4 head) | Fate: 1/1 |

I just realized that I entirely dropped the ball on this...Please allow the retcon.

As the command is given to move forward from the too-small tunnel, Anatoly makes an aggravated sound and mutters quietly, "Armor too thick .. signal degradation unacceptable .. clear LOS needed .. perhaps topside .." Without much other conversation he moves to one of the top hatches and, taking the Auspex with him, he climbs onto the roof of the chimera. Directing its sensors at the biologically-fashioned tunnel, Anatoly attempts to resolve the probability that the tunnel may be useful to them.

Tech-Use vs 69: 1d100 ⇒ 38, 4 DoS (1 from unnatural intelligence).


||Tactical-Map|| Shared notebook ||Strategic Map|| Imperial Attack Plan||

Once upon a time @ Anatoly:

Welcome back, you missed not that much ;-)
A detailed scan reveals nothing really new.
But you can squeeze out some more range, getting a glimpse of the tunnels, abruptly turning straight north. before vanishing from the auspex range.
If they continue to run that way, they might link up with one of the side-routes marked on the map as not-yet-examined.
Its a pretty big "if" considering the twisted nature of the tunnel, but considering the local geology, not entirely unlikely.
Further scanning of the geology of the canyon deeper (in towards the rokk), might help to clarify the odds.


Male Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 6/14 | Armor rating: 6 (4 head) | Fate: 1/1 |

Somewhat hopeful, Anatoly repeats the scan when the Chimera tucks into their hiding spot to await Aurius.

Tech-Use vs 69: 1d100 ⇒ 6, 7 DoS.


||Tactical-Map|| Shared notebook ||Strategic Map|| Imperial Attack Plan||

Anatoly, about now:

Your continued scan results finally starts to pay back.
The local geology does not change, still having a east-west rift between two geologic levels.
That means, that the north-south passage in between this rift should be considerably weaker than the surrounding area.
If the animals creating the tunnels followed their behavior, the tunnel will continue on towards straight north for a considerable distance.
A double-echo from the very end of the auspex range, prooves that there is indeed a tunnel or some other kind of air-filled cavity.
Approximately were the tunnel should be.
It is now very likely that the tunnel you discovered will connect the canyon entry with the yet undiscovered side-passage marked in the map.


Lind Ansley BS37 WS32 S30 A30 T31(T29 2 hours) In28 Wp41 Fel42 Per21 Fate 0/1 Ins18 Wound3/17,Crispy 13/40 +2Clips

"Well, I would have prefered to become active once we have a full view, namely finding the second node we'll attack later. However our stealth trooper judged the venture too dangerous to the mission and I do not have any alternative routes I can see. I agree with attacking the bike manufactorum unless anyone has another route to suggest."


Male Human Storm Trooper Wounds: 18/18 Fate: 1/1 WS34; BS39; S39; T54; Agi32; Int30; Per27; WP30; Fel29; Insanity: 11; Fatigue: 1; Corruption: 1

"S'all good with me, if we get them while they're in the more narrow tunnels, we can neuter the main advantage their bikes would give them. Might put the odds even more in our favor."


Superiors: Maj. MacKenzie @Hammer || Crew: (Requiem: "Bob", "Madhead") (Salvus: "Feral", "Jamis-1", "Jamis-2") (Invictus: "Cookie", "Greenhorn") (Dies Irae: "Flamewall")

"Gud-'en lets roll, 'en.
MacVyger, get us in... How 'bout yer 'xplosive-bag.
Some left fer those bikkez?
I'd go with a simple armored fist 'ssault.
Chimera in blasting, dropping us in the midst of #em before 'ey know what 'it 'em.
Any betta 'deas?"


Lind Ansley BS37 WS32 S30 A30 T31(T29 2 hours) In28 Wp41 Fel42 Per21 Fate 0/1 Ins18 Wound3/17,Crispy 13/40 +2Clips

"Sounds quite enjoyable. Except we're guardsmen, not assault oriented space marines. We drop out into cover at lasgun range and hold the line until they run out of orks. Or do we have any short ranged weaponry that would wipe out an encampment of Orks if we only go in far enough that I am not aware of?"


Superiors: Maj. MacKenzie @Hammer || Crew: (Requiem: "Bob", "Madhead") (Salvus: "Feral", "Jamis-1", "Jamis-2") (Invictus: "Cookie", "Greenhorn") (Dies Irae: "Flamewall")

The Ensign gentle pads his automatic combat shotgun - well used and full of scratches from the time he used it to fend of a squigg during the assault on the ork camp.
"We do it like 'at 'ost of da time.
But our men are equipped with flamers and shotguns, so yeah.
But we 'ould at least drive into da cave entry, blockin da exit, so no Ork 'scapes on'a bikke, no?"


Lind Ansley BS37 WS32 S30 A30 T31(T29 2 hours) In28 Wp41 Fel42 Per21 Fate 0/1 Ins18 Wound3/17,Crispy 13/40 +2Clips

"Yeah I seem to remember bailing your guys out last time you went in like that. Keep those babies handy thought. Those ugly green frakkers tend to get at least a few of themselves through no matter how much fire we pour in."


||Tactical-Map|| Shared notebook ||Strategic Map|| Imperial Attack Plan||

Moving things along
You all mount up and drive through the Canyon, covering the last couple of hundred meters in a matter of two (anxious) minutes.
Your driver calls out, that no activity is in sight, steering straight towards the tunnel entry, stopping right before the entrypoint, lowering the ramp slowly. The machines are idling at low power, both multilasers trained at the half-lit innards of the cave.
You disembark, wondering just how deaf Orks are, before noting the loud shouting, metal-against-metal and engine-roaring that echoes out of the cave. Even while standing right beside the Chimera, the noises from within the cave are as loud as the engine.
No Orks are in sight.
The cave clearly makes a north-turn after several dozen meters, probably getting wider. Orange-red light (and heat) flickers from beyond the turn.
Towards the end of cave-entry, two ork bikkez lean against the cave walls, pumping out black smoke - despite no Ork being anywhere near them.
Another bikke, reduced to nothing but a burned-out husk, has crashed against the tunnel wall half-way between you and the stationary, idling bikkez.
Take a look at the tac-map. It's updated to the current situation, some notes about the surrounding already included. Feel free to place yourself somewhere around the chimera.


Lind Ansley BS37 WS32 S30 A30 T31(T29 2 hours) In28 Wp41 Fel42 Per21 Fate 0/1 Ins18 Wound3/17,Crispy 13/40 +2Clips

The Commissar draws his trusted laspistol and steps outside first, ready to shoot anything coming from inside the cave.

"I want one of those Multilasers pointing outwards. We don't know whether that Bike running back and forth is in or out. Form up. Weapons out slow advance inside. The chimeras will follow us in slowly once we secured some ground."

The Commissar will lead the squad up to the debris field to take cover behind and brace their weapons on - unless something is uncomfortbale close as they get a view around the corner.


Human -2/12; WS 35;BS 27;S 34;T 32; Agi 31; Int 27; Per 26;WP 32; Fel 53; Fate 0/1; Insanity 17

Bolus sticks close to the Commissar. Anything that gets through the line of mid range fire will find him ready and waiting with his faith and fire.


Male Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 6/14 | Armor rating: 6 (4 head) | Fate: 1/1 |

Well, apparently six hours was too long for you guys .. lol.

Is the bikke factory on the same side as the potentially useful tunnel?

Anatoly drops back into the chimera through the top hatch, his manipulator bracing him as he lands. He steps out beside the commissar and brings his lasgun up to the ready as he speaks, addressing the commissar and the ensign over his microbead, "Commissar, Ensign Brazer, I have just finished analyzing data from auspex scans of biologically created tunnel. I got very clear scans in tunnel branch where chimera paused for scouting mission. There is 87.4% probability that tunnel does in fact connect to unexplored side passages further down."


||Tactical-Map|| Shared notebook ||Strategic Map|| Imperial Attack Plan||

@Anatoly: It is, but the tunnels are considerably deeper into the rock than the cave goes ... so it will likely pass 'behind' the cave, linking up with the un-scouted area.
Added a 'probable' tunnel route to the strategic map for you.


Lind Ansley BS37 WS32 S30 A30 T31(T29 2 hours) In28 Wp41 Fel42 Per21 Fate 0/1 Ins18 Wound3/17,Crispy 13/40 +2Clips

Plenty of patience here, but GoW was moving stuff forward and can't have
the "let's charge in for some extra fun" crazy Ensign decide what we do.
We'll have to clean out this cave eventually anyway so probably no harm done in the long run =3
I imagine we'll find a use for it. Either to get out when the canyon gets choked with orks or to sneak something inside. We'll see gonna respond to the extra info IC when I get home


WS:26 BS:40 S:30 T:34 (armor4) Ag:31 Int:32 W:37 F:53 P:33 Wounds:0/17 Crit 0 | Fate 1/1 Frags:2 Krak:2 | Currently: fatigue 0| insanity 0 corr 0 | Also Currently a Tank Lieutenant named Mac in command of the Requium and the squad

MacVyger drives such that he can, when needed, pull the chimera slightly to the side at a slight angle. This should give some cover and allow one side of lasguns fields of fire while keeping the forward flamer in action as well. He informs the commissar of his plan, then adds his reasoning, That way the wounded or those with the short range stuff and still engage at range, then run out if things make it through.
So the NPC shottys/flamers would man the three lasguns until the orcs closed, then they would bail and take care of the up close work. That should provide a boost in mid range firepower for the initial charge.


Human -2/12; WS 35;BS 27;S 34;T 32; Agi 31; Int 27; Per 26;WP 32; Fel 53; Fate 0/1; Insanity 17

Seems odd to not use the tunnel sooner rather than later honestly.


Male Human Medic, Wounds: 13/13 Fate: 1/3 WS:26; BS:32; S:32; T:40; Agi:30; Int:49; Per:36; WP:38; Fel:34

Oh boy, almost crunch time...yay...


||Tactical-Map|| Shared notebook ||Strategic Map|| Imperial Attack Plan||

+++ RETCON +++
Just as you were about to head out to the bikke-cave, Anatoly's assessment changes the situation.
A quick debate is held, then you turn and head back to the entry of the burrowed tunnel.
It still looks rather omnious, not helped by the fact that you know it leading to Orks.
That is, if the creators of this tunnel does not find you first of course.

Everyone but Alberto and Kront dismount, readying themselves to enter the tunnel. Aberto and Kront will keep back to protect the vehicles, mounting the main guns of both vehicles.

With a last look at the idling vehicles, you make ready to enter the tunnels. After a few meters, it shrinks to no more than three meter in diameter, allowing at most two of you to walk side-by-side without cramping too much.

Marching Order please.
Beside your group and remaining companions, you are accompanied by Ensign Brazer and 'Headache'.


Human -2/12; WS 35;BS 27;S 34;T 32; Agi 31; Int 27; Per 26;WP 32; Fel 53; Fate 0/1; Insanity 17

Bolus kind of has to be in the front rank


Lind Ansley BS37 WS32 S30 A30 T31(T29 2 hours) In28 Wp41 Fel42 Per21 Fate 0/1 Ins18 Wound3/17,Crispy 13/40 +2Clips

"I recon Father Bolus out front with the flamer and Headache with him. Neither can contribute from the back lines. Ensign Brazer and Trooper Thanthus directly behind for the heaviest fire support we got, especially when if a melee starts. I'll take the rear guard and everyone else in between. Thoughts?"


WS:26 BS:40 S:30 T:34 (armor4) Ag:31 Int:32 W:37 F:53 P:33 Wounds:0/17 Crit 0 | Fate 1/1 Frags:2 Krak:2 | Currently: fatigue 0| insanity 0 corr 0 | Also Currently a Tank Lieutenant named Mac in command of the Requium and the squad

Roger that, sir. MacVyger releases his straps and hops out of his ride.


Human -2/12; WS 35;BS 27;S 34;T 32; Agi 31; Int 27; Per 26;WP 32; Fel 53; Fate 0/1; Insanity 17

Bolus nods. If Headache should go down then I will meet the foe with flame.


Male Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 6/14 | Armor rating: 6 (4 head) | Fate: 1/1 |

Anatoly exits the chimera bringing his lasgun up to the ready. Both of his true-arms flex and twitch slightly as he readies himself to fight.


Male Human Medic, Wounds: 13/13 Fate: 1/3 WS:26; BS:32; S:32; T:40; Agi:30; Int:49; Per:36; WP:38; Fel:34

"Heard that Commissar."


||Tactical-Map|| Shared notebook ||Strategic Map|| Imperial Attack Plan||

The squad assembles and enters the tunnel en force.
After the first sudden twitch (down and left) it is getting shady.
After the second twitch, twenty meter deeper in (down and right) it is getting dark.
After two more sudden turns, it is pitch black.
You praise the old grumpy veteran that insisted on equipping the Serenus 1st with preysense goggles, allowing you to see the sudden twists and rubble on the ground.
Not so Brazer, who stumbles every other step, tumbling into Aurius repeatedly. 'Headache' does not seem to be troubled by this. In the darkness you can hear him whistling to himself, without any conceivable melody or rhythm ... Not helping the creepy atmosphere in the slightest.

8d100 ⇒ (32, 2, 64, 84, 41, 35, 22, 38) = 318

Every now and then, you pass small pockets of open space, micro caves no more than three or four meter in diameter and niches in the tunnel, barely broad enough so that you could change positions or let someone else pass by.
A couple of times, one of you think to have heard something.
A scuttling sound as if from a heavy body dragged over stone.
Or a clicc-clicc sounding like a scissor.
But never once do you see anything and the sounds are always gone after you stopped your walk.
Anatolys auspex pings regularly, reassuringly free of life signs.

Half an hour passes and you feel the stress tearing on your nerves.
You all have started to sweat heavily, the air is stale and thin as well as hot.
Then, Bolus calls out a larger cave up ahead, behind another 90 degree turn. It is about 20m in diameter, about half as high and reeks incredibly. An eye watering, acidy stang taints the air of the cave, making it hard to breath, no to mention keeping the eyes wide open.
Toughness+0 test or take a -10 on all sight-based checks.
What do you do?

The ground is uneven, sharp edged. It reminds disturbing to a field of grass. Only that this grass is made of granite rather than soft biologic tissue. Already the first steps, make you shudder. The sharp edged stone cuts deep into your boots, leaving pronounced gashes in the leather and you fear that every step might punch clean through your soles and into your feet.

At half-height, running all around the circular cave runs a ledge.
Droplets of a liquid runs down the sides of the caves, as if water is held back by the ledge.

Awareness +10:

You notice that the ground near the cave wall is much more rugged than the area in its midst.
Also there is no trace of the fluid on the ground, despite the fact that a steady dribble of it falls down from the ledge.


Male Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 6/14 | Armor rating: 6 (4 head) | Fate: 1/1 |

Awareness vs 44: 1d100 ⇒ 86.
Um .. no. Lol...

Anatoly squeezes past a couple of the others to approach the lead element with the Auspex, running a scan as soon as he reaches them.

Tech-Us vs 59: 1d100 ⇒ 81.
Good grief...

Anatoly shakes his head slightly as the Auspex returns no useful information.


Male Human Medic, Wounds: 13/13 Fate: 1/3 WS:26; BS:32; S:32; T:40; Agi:30; Int:49; Per:36; WP:38; Fel:34

Whoops, almost missed that toughness check

Toughness (40): 1d100 ⇒ 27
Awareness (Per 36 + 10): 1d100 ⇒ 65

"Ugh...horrible..."

For a moment Liam thought he spotted something, but the air is far too irritating and he quickly stops staring.


Human -2/12; WS 35;BS 27;S 34;T 32; Agi 31; Int 27; Per 26;WP 32; Fel 53; Fate 0/1; Insanity 17

Toughness 32: 1d100 ⇒ 40

Awareness untrained Per 26+10-10-20 = 6: 1d100 ⇒ 38

Bolus is unable to keep his eyes open and does not notice anything that could be helpful in the cavern.


Male Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 6/14 | Armor rating: 6 (4 head) | Fate: 1/1 |
Anatoly Dashkov wrote:

Awareness vs 44: 1d100.

Um .. no. Lol...

Anatoly squeezes past a couple of the others to approach the lead element with the Auspex, running a scan as soon as he reaches them.

Tech-Us vs 59: 1d100.
Good grief...

Anatoly shakes his head slightly as the Auspex returns no useful information.

Forgot about Toughness vs 51 (71 if the toxin is airborne): 1d100 ⇒ 12.

Anatoly seems unaffected by the vapors in the cavern.


Lind Ansley BS37 WS32 S30 A30 T31(T29 2 hours) In28 Wp41 Fel42 Per21 Fate 0/1 Ins18 Wound3/17,Crispy 13/40 +2Clips

Earlier:

"I'd rather you burn the enemies to cinders before Headache engages. As he will do so only as counter attack if an enemy comes to charge at you two. In all other circumstances both of you will drop to one knee to enable Brazer and Thanthus to give fire support. Should those two encounter unexpected obstacles in their lines of fire then I'll judge on a case to case basis whether or not they have the luxury to hold their fire. Am I being clear?"

T vs 31: 1d100 ⇒ 74

Awareness(Trained) +10 - 10 +20(Preysense in Darkness) vs 41: 1d100 ⇒ 45 Nope, only just but nope

"Enginseer, I want the air here analyzed. Father, hold your fire until the Enginseer confirms it won't explode into our faces if touched by flame."


Male Human Medic, Wounds: 13/13 Fate: 1/3 WS:26; BS:32; S:32; T:40; Agi:30; Int:49; Per:36; WP:38; Fel:34

Oh, that's a nasty though...
Are Orks smart enough to set a trap in a situation like this?
Maybe, they are cunning, for xeno scum that is...


WS:26 BS:40 S:30 T:34 (armor4) Ag:31 Int:32 W:37 F:53 P:33 Wounds:0/17 Crit 0 | Fate 1/1 Frags:2 Krak:2 | Currently: fatigue 0| insanity 0 corr 0 | Also Currently a Tank Lieutenant named Mac in command of the Requium and the squad

toughness vs 33: 1d100 ⇒ 75
MacVyger tries to clear his eyes to no effect.
awarenessvs 12 : 1d100 ⇒ 91
And it's making him nearly useless for spotting anything.
Good think we're getting all these high rolls out of the way now, ya?


Male Human Storm Trooper Wounds: 18/18 Fate: 1/1 WS34; BS39; S39; T54; Agi32; Int30; Per27; WP30; Fel29; Insanity: 11; Fatigue: 1; Corruption: 1

Thoughness 50: 1d100 ⇒ 89 wha.
Despite being one of the hardier memebers of the group, Aurius finds himself unable to stop the acidic air from causing his eyes to water; forcing him to dab his eyes dry constantly on his fatigues which are no less clean.
”Ugh what were they doing in here? Dissolving corpses?”
awareness 27+10-10+20: 1d100 ⇒ 10 should be 2 or 3 dos?
”Sir, looks like the liquid falling from on-high is draining somewhere and uh, the floor here, in the centre, seems to be much smoother than nearer the walls.”


Male Human Medic, Wounds: 13/13 Fate: 1/3 WS:26; BS:32; S:32; T:40; Agi:30; Int:49; Per:36; WP:38; Fel:34

"Good eyes there.
You know what they say, every little helps."


Human -2/12; WS 35;BS 27;S 34;T 32; Agi 31; Int 27; Per 26;WP 32; Fel 53; Fate 0/1; Insanity 17

What is the nature of this liquid. Is it Foul or Pure? Bolus wants to know.


Male Human Storm Trooper Wounds: 18/18 Fate: 1/1 WS34; BS39; S39; T54; Agi32; Int30; Per27; WP30; Fel29; Insanity: 11; Fatigue: 1; Corruption: 1

"You'd have to ask the Enginseer, Father, all I know is that theres a liquid and it ain't pooling up like one would normally expect it to in a room like this." he shrugs back.


Lind Ansley BS37 WS32 S30 A30 T31(T29 2 hours) In28 Wp41 Fel42 Per21 Fate 0/1 Ins18 Wound3/17,Crispy 13/40 +2Clips

The Commissar responds to his eyes watering by realligning the preysense googles so the soft plastic around the eyepieces aligns properly with his skin, closing the gap through which the acidic air got inside.
Pretty sure such googles would close around the eyes airtighly. They are supposed to be used within smoke after all and that would get into your eyes too otherwise

Taking a look at the center indicated by Trooper Thanthus with a quick "Well spotted" he stops
"I don't like the look of this room. I don't think any natural cavern would be as round as this but surely the Enginseer could shed some light on this. And if a beast cleaved it then the shape is doubly suspicous. No beast with natural limbs would walk this room voluntarily. The only purpose I can see is lure any intruder, agonized by the ground, into the center before preying on it while it can't run due to the ground trap. We have the space. Fan out close to the entrance, brace and be ready to fire. Headache, to the center once we're set up. Medic McGregor, watch the tunnel behind us."

After a quick look upwards to make sure nothing is lurking in the rather high room the Commissar goes into a sideway stance, pulling up his las pistol to look down the sights as if he was on a shooting range.
Overwatch into the room. Centered on any exits if a close description of the overwatch arc is necessary here. He will reposition to fit into the fanned out formation once the group is in position but for now he covers them while they get to it.


||Tactical-Map|| Shared notebook ||Strategic Map|| Imperial Attack Plan||

Aurius:

You did not mention it, since you're not entirely sure, but you think, that you saw movement up the ledge for the tiniest of moments.
If it was there, it must been really small to move along the ledge, which cannot be much broader than one or two hands-width.

@Lind: I wouldn't consider them to be entirely airtight. Every time you move, turn your head etc, it will allow some air to get in etc. but see below...
The Commissar discovers quickly, that pressing the goggles firmly against your eyes, helps. At least against the worst of it.
Using at least one hand to keep them firmly in place, let's you ignore the penalties. Obviously, you cannot do this, while doing any activity that requires both hands.
Like bracing a basic/heavy weapon, let alone shoot it properly.

You take position around the edge of the cave, near the entry, training your weapons at the only other exit, on the opposite side of this strange, reek place.
Using google slides as a neat advantage: You can copy&paste slides and have multiple ones under the same location!
Swapped out the map location of the alias, so check it out!

4d100 ⇒ (86, 74, 92, 95) = 347

@Anatoly and others with Knowledge: Extended Action Tech-Use to analyze air and fluid (together as they are linked as you will soon discover). You and anyone helping you, will need to get 5 DoS.
You need to succeed in at least two of the following rolls (if you miss DoS, you can re-test any of them until getting there):
Tech-Use +0, Medicae -10 or Trade: Chymist +20 or Scol. Lore Chymistry +20, Logic -10


WS:26 BS:40 S:30 T:34 (armor4) Ag:31 Int:32 W:37 F:53 P:33 Wounds:0/17 Crit 0 | Fate 1/1 Frags:2 Krak:2 | Currently: fatigue 0| insanity 0 corr 0 | Also Currently a Tank Lieutenant named Mac in command of the Requium and the squad

MacVyger joins up with Anatoly and tries to get more info on their situation.
tech use +20, Logic -10
tech use vs 62: 1d100 ⇒ 47 - 1 DoS
logic vs 32: 1d100 ⇒ 64 - no dice


||Tactical-Map|| Shared notebook ||Strategic Map|| Imperial Attack Plan||

Is anyone curious enough the touch the stuff?
Just asking ...
No reason at all ...


Lind Ansley BS37 WS32 S30 A30 T31(T29 2 hours) In28 Wp41 Fel42 Per21 Fate 0/1 Ins18 Wound3/17,Crispy 13/40 +2Clips

Very much nope for the Commissar. He will eventually have the squad pull back and shoot at it from around the corner if the analysis of the tech boys doesn't turn up anything.(He won't give an order about it tho, so don't let that keep anyone else from trying =3)


Male Tech-Priest Enginseer | Wounds: 6/14 | Armor rating: 6 (4 head) | Fate: 1/1 |

Anatoly nods to the Commissar's request, directing the sensors from the auspex toward the liquid and the vapors in the room. When MacGuyver joins him the two work together to analyse the unknown substance.

Tech-Use vs 59: 1d100 ⇒ 66.
Logic vs 59: 1d100 ⇒ 76.

With the patience that one who works with machines for long periods of times must develop, Anatoly clears the auspex most recent scan data and tries again as he updates the Commissar, "Commissar, the auspex struggles with this substance. We will identify it, but it may take a small time."

Tech-Use vs 59: 1d100 ⇒ 47, 2 DoS +1 from unnatural intelligence.
Logic vs 59: 1d100 ⇒ 65.

Their heads together over the readouts from the auspex, Anatoly confers quietly with MacVyger.


||Tactical-Map|| Shared notebook ||Strategic Map|| Imperial Attack Plan||

Both of you quickly concede that the liquid is some kind of acid.
Neither of you are quite accomplished Chymists yet, so you struggle with a detailed analysis of it, but you're quite sure that it would be dangerous to touch, let alone ingest.

Liam:

You overhear some of the murmuring of the two Tech-affine members of the squad, getting enough to comprehend that they struggle with the Chemistry involved in their analysis.

6d100 ⇒ (26, 6, 29, 98, 46, 14) = 219
4d100 ⇒ (44, 80, 94, 81) = 299

Aurius:

While the Tech-gurus work, you focus you senses on the region you thought to have seen the movement before.
There!
There was another short movement.
You're sure, now.
Something is moving up the ledge, but what you cannot tell.
The heat-googles don't show any heat signature above or below that of the rock all around.
Again it is over, before you can fully concentrate on it.


Human -2/12; WS 35;BS 27;S 34;T 32; Agi 31; Int 27; Per 26;WP 32; Fel 53; Fate 0/1; Insanity 17

Will these fumes catch afire from flame or shot? Bolus wishes to know.


||Tactical-Map|| Shared notebook ||Strategic Map|| Imperial Attack Plan||

Unknown as of yet ...

2,001 to 2,050 of 2,903 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Welcome to the Guard! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.