Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Weekly Geeks - Revenge of the Kobald King Path (Inactive)

Game Master Krallek

Current Map
Crude Map


201 to 250 of 277 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

"The only cure for bad and strong drink is GOOD and strong drink, Staryth advises sagely.


Damaran Al' Tugari wrote:

Well met friend Damaran sputters in between gulps of ale. I'll wager my earnings I can't do that again! Anyone care to take that bet? he laughs heartily. Your a musician right? Play us a lively tune to dance to! Damaran rapidly changes the subject while shoveling coins into the halflings hands without care.

well thanks Fulito exclaimes excidedly his eyes wide with appreciation.

now hows a bout a tune

Fulito once again casts 2 spells first summon instrument to get a fiddle and then Prestidigitation to create his back up music.
and begins to perform once more with this little fiddle tune

perform strings 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Fulito's music catches the dwarf's ears and he taps his foot again. This time, he catches himself and stops, "mmmff. He's not bad."


Jeggrim continues to watch the antics of those attempting both the drinking game and the knife juggling, laughing wildly and poking fun at those that fail in either endeavor.

Upon hearing Fulito's little tune, Jeggrim jumps up and begins dancing like a maniac, laughing heartily at it all. Straaaaange day! He muses to himself as he once again finds his seat beside Staryth.

So cousin,He slaps Staryth on the shoulder What say ye and meself have a friendly game 'o Arm Wrestling? Jeggrim grins wildly.


Staryth didn't comment on the dancing, and certainly wouldn't be that brave to do it in public, but at the offer of arm wrestling, he nods and puts his drink down and then puts his elbow to surface and readies for the contest.

1d20 plus str mod I'm assuming? if so...

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Andoran

"That sounds either wisdom dressed up as stupidity, or the other way around," Marianne chuckles, flashing Staryth a queasy smile, while unconsciously tapping the beat out on the bar with slender digits.


Damaran dances happily to the music whisking away a sporting girl or barmaid as he does.


Yeah I was thinking d20+str, three consecutive wins at the opposed rolls claims a victor. Sound good? If you have a better idea let me know :)

Jeggrim slams his elbow on the bar top, clasps Staryth's hand in his own massive paw, and laughing with delight gives it a go...

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Jegg's arm bulges under the press of Staryth's strength. It waivers, slipping an inch or two down...Raaawr! Jeggrim bellows firming up his grasp. His brow begins to furrow, and his eyes darken a bit...

Andoran

Marianne watches Damaran dance past, wistfully, but she is still feeling her stomach roiling from Gill's poisonous spoiled ale and decides not to risk it.


Sounds okay to me.
"Good grip... Staryth admits and he tries to keep pressing.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Jegg grumbles through gritted teeth...Same ta ye

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Jeggrim is able to recover his lost ground, bringing Staryth's arm back up...

Roaring he presses again...
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Staryth watches as the inches he gained are lost... and then some.

His brow knits as he tries to regain ground.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Tagrum broods over his jug of ale as he watches the games take place.

Well well. I come in looking for work and now I've make a fool of myself.

Tagrum turns to seek condolence from Mirrok, and begins talking to him.
What would you do, Mirrok? Do you think there is work for us here?

Tagrum pounds on the table. Were in need of some more ale over here! His voice is slightly slurred from the ale.


I'm really loving the interactions here folks. I wish my day wasn't so busy or otherwise I would participate more. After several hours of your 'activities' the man in red gets up from his table and walks over to Gill and passes him a note and a hefty bag of coins.

Roll yourselves a perception check please and if you beat 12 read the following:

perception roll >= 12:
Gill, you know what to do with these after I'm gone. Make sure they get everything on this supply list. They're gonna need it.

And the man in red tips his hat and leaves the bar.

Again folks, the deadline is 4pm pacific today. I will be reviewing the submissions tomorrow morning and will post successful 6 names tomorrow. I'd like to thank you all for this experience. The response has been overwhelming. It is going to be tough paring it down but I cant run 3 or 4 groups. I just don't have the time. Good luck to you all.


Jeggrim presses the advantage growling at the strain.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Edit: Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Gronk walks over to the man in red.

No disturb you. Not take fun of fellows as bad sign. Most prob can succeed when goal in sight. Just have fun when can. Belike all need chance to better the now of all. Wotcher wisdom words.

Gronk returns to his seat by the fire to watch the antics with a tolerant smile.

{sigh} Hope none get hurt so bad to need my healing. Prob to much to hope. Will get ready heal if needed.

Perception = 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

GM, if the primitive second language speech is annoying you, let me know and I will stop. Just imitating the memory of an old book I read long ago.


Damaran catches sight of the red cloaked mans actions as whirls about with a red headed lass.
Perception:1d20 ⇒ 18

Andoran

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"What've you got there Gill honey? Surely you can give a girl, whose just made a complete knothole of herself playing your games a peek?" Her smile is perhaps a little strained, and she is still much paler than usual. Never drinking ale again, never again.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Staryth grunts again as Jegg starts a mighty press...

Str1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


I believe that is three in a row for me Staryth.

Jeggrim finally gains ground, slamming Staryth's hand into the bartop. He pumps his arms in victory before wiping the sweat from his brow. He pats Staryth on the shoulder Thanks fer the fun. What a challenge! Yer as strong as an ogre me friend! I thought ye was gonna beat me there fer a heart beat! Jeggrim laughs. Next rounds on yerself then eh?

Noting what the man in red said to Gill, a puzzled look crosses Jegg's face.

Ye hear that cousin? The cloaked man is leavin...


Staryth's arm goes down hard, and he lets loose a wwhoosh of air, "You're the ogre arm here I think. I had a good start, but after that it was all yours. And sure, drinks for the winner and the loser...on me."

He starts to rub his arm, "Hmm? No. I didn't hear that. Too busy trying to keep my arm attached. He say anything else?"


Haha! Jeggrim flexes with mock exaggeration.

Slipping into dwarven

Dwarven:
Yeah he said "Gill, ye know what to do with these after I'm gone. Make sure they get everything on this supply list. They're gonna need it." And then handed him a bag 'o coins and a rolled up note. What do ye make 'o that?

Falling back into common, Whatever is gonna happen, it's gonna happen soon I can tell ye that!

Jegg looks around the room, Oi Staryth, ye know what I just realized? I haven't met that other kinsmen yet. Have ye had a chance ta talk to him yet? He's sittin alone. What do ye say we invite him over and see what he's about?


Dwarven:
"I think you're more than a wee bit right about things happening soon. Frankly, I feel like he's looking for somewhat specific about the folks he's hiring, but as we don't know what traits he wants we're pretty much on hold till he makes his offer."

"Ask him if you like. I'm going to be out for a moment or two then come back. Need to check on some supplies."

And I'll be leaving shortly and need an excuse for my dwarf not to be rude ;)

Andoran

Marianne huffs sarcastically,

"I feel so left out, I need to learn dwarven - how much gravel do I need to swallow again? If you boys are going over to greet your kinsmen I'll come and see the pu.. dog, and introduce myself of course."

She stands, steadying herself against the bar, and approaches Tagrum smiling,

"Hey there honey, let me guess you've come here looking for work to? I'm Marianne Benedict, cleric of Shelyn goddess of love and beauty - it feels weird saying that, but I suppose I wouldn't know much about dwarven gods. What do you and your friend here," she nods to the wolf, "go by? Is he friendly?


Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Fulito sees the crowd start to liven up finally did catch a dwarf tappin his feet?

looks like we finally are startin' liven up some looks like ole Gill Grog has done its job he says with a smile.

and now we continue with another dancin' tune

as he passes by the dwarves

in dwarven:

its Ok to dance you know

perform string 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Tagrum watches as the cloaked man heads out.

Now he looks like a likely candidate for some work. I wonder what that note says? I could use a little action, all this staying pent up is getting to me.

When Marianne walks over.

Well I sure ain't used to being called honey.

My names Tagrum and this here is Mirrok. He is as friendly as a puppy, though not quite as harmless I might add! Tagrum laughs.

At the mention of Mirrok, Tagrum turn as begins patting him behind the ears, totally taken up in his friendship with the beast.

Andoran

The young woman smiles and crouches to scratch Mirrok under the chin,

"Well he's a very handsome fellow, aren't you Mirrok? Yes, you are! I bet nobody messes with you hey? What a little Prince," looking back up to Tagrum she adds wistfully, "I always wanted a dog, but my mother can't abide them for some reason. He's lovely."


To

Fulito in Dwarven:
Aye there hair-foot! Ye should open yer eyes lad! Your tune had had me rompin' round on more than one occasion! Thank ye fer the tunes little hair-foot. Meself would be lyin' if I told ye I didn't enjoy a lively tune! I don't think we've met yet little half-man, the names Jeggrim. People round here call me Shatterbones!

Jeggrim laughs at Marianne. Maybe one day I'll teach ya lassie!

He follows her over to the dwarf with the wolf, Hail there cousin! Couldn't help but notice ye sitting o'r here by yerself. Figured wouldn't it wouldn't be proper if I didn't introduce meself ta ye. The names Jeggrim, no surname I'm afraid, but folks round here have taken a liken ta callin me Shatterbones, and I'm fer finding it right fitting! Jeggrim thrusts out his massive hand in greeting. So tell me cousin, what be yer story?


My names Tagrum and I'm here for the same reason the rest of you are, for work. Mirrok and I have been searchin' all over for a little action. to Mirrok: Haven't we boy.

Tagrum continues to passionately rub Mirrok as he introduces himself to Jeggrim.


To jeggrim in dwarven:

That I know it was your friend that I was refereing to. By the way name's Fulito but you already knew that he makes conversation as he plays

after about 10 minutes of palying the violin vanishes. and Fulito takes a bow assuming there is appluase


Staryth mumbles something at the mention of dance, as he heads out. He returns a few minutes later and retakes his seat. Patience is no stranger to him. Dwarves can be very patient.

But still, he hopes whatever choices are being made get made soon.


Perception:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Jutmon decides to talk to the halfling. He walks up to Fulito. Nice playing, that.
He gestures toward the red cloaked man's departing back.

He seems to be the money man, I think. Or at least a link to the money.
An embarrassed expression crosses the young man's face.
Excuse me I'm being forward. We haven't even been introduced. My name is Jutmon Symber.


To Tagrum Well it's good ta meet another 'o me kin. Ye've got yerself a fine lookin pup there! I'm fer hopin that we may find ourselves wit a bit 'o coin in our pouches and the road beneath our boots! Jegg takes his leave heading back to Staryth's side.

To Staryth, Ahhh the waitin game eh? Jeggrim orders another round for the pair of dwarves and asks Marianne if she cares to join in, as well as the halfling.

OOC:
Man Staryth you just reminded me that this could just end right now lol. I've gotten so wrapped up in interacting with everyone here I honestly forgot that only a few people will get to keep playing! In any case it's still been fun!

Grand Lodge

Perception check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Looks like there is gonna be action, hope I can get in on it. Need some coin and adventure.


Wow I was missing this assembly :D Hope you sre well on the way to recover Jrggrim

Lagash has been brooding in the corner - he is fond of partying as the next one, but he seems to be getting restless.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 BAM!!

I have to hand it to you Fulito, I have never seen such a many skills gathered in a single person - my hat off to you SIR! - he comments taking off his hat and bowing deeply.

Now you dwarven boys, I mean... I would get into that game but I do not want you to be put to shame by an half breed so... He lets out a roaring laughter but then falls suddenly silent. A few seconds later, sternly gazing into each of the surrounding troupe he adds:

Now listen. I do not stand in the way of free will, that is the stuff of gods, though not any that I would esteem much, but then again, on this one you need to heed me - Marianne, I will be your bodyguard for a month; Fulito, I will SING with you; Jeggrim and Staryth, I will arm wrestle you both; Damaran, I will dance with you; and Tagrum, I will pay you rounds for a month and a half - but please, no more spoiled drinks now. And this time I am serious.


Jutmon, my apologies. I am Lagash - pleased to meet you friend.

Grand Lodge

Jeggrim, wanna try arm wrestling a slightly drunken elf? Gilthanis says in a slightly slurred speech.


Jutmon grins at Lagash. Hardly your fault, I had my nose in a book most of the evening.
With some hesitation, the Wizard extends his hand to shake with the half-orc. He hopes Lagash doesn't crush it too badly.

Nice to meet you as well.

Grand Lodge

If so Jeggrim here are my rolls
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Jutmon Symber wrote:

Perception:1d20+2

Jutmon decides to talk to the halfling. He walks up to Fulito. Nice playing, that.
He gestures toward the red cloaked man's departing back.

He seems to be the money man, I think. Or at least a link to the money.
An embarrassed expression crosses the young man's face.
Excuse me I'm being forward. We haven't even been introduced. My name is Jutmon Symber.

Well it is most pleasant to make your aquaintance. I am sure you already know who I am. Fulito Ferrywarden Bard of the River Kingdoms.

he takes a bow At your service

now as far as the money goes. I have made enough for a meal tonight as well as place to rest my head. what more can one ask for....except for my Lilly.
He pauses in thought a moment with a naughty smile on his face.

ahhh that hair, those eyes, and of course those.... for no apparent reason at that moment he ducks as if dodging some invisible punch.

well enough of that


"Waiting, sometimes you have to," Staryth nods to Jegg. And he fights a smile at Lagash's lament. Guess bad booze would seem like blasphemy to a Caydenite.


Lagash is surprisingly cordial, barring any half-orc misconceptions. He seems brooding and to himself, but also having no qualms in making new acquaintances, and promptly returns Jutmon's greeting with an outstretched hand.

May I offer you a drink then? What will you be having? Books you say? I pack quite a few in my backpack - what is the subject that gets you so concentrated in such a rowdy atmosphere?


Missed ya Lagash! Thanks buddy I'm doin ok. Still feel like crap. To be honest, after reading your post I LoLed so hard I wound up in a painful coughing fit! Nice job bud :P

Bwahahahaha! Lagash ye tickle me funny bones!

Turing to the elf, I dunno...I might break yer arm off moonkin! Ah what the hell! Jeggrim spits into his palms and rubs them together briskly before finally clasping Gilthanis's hand; Haha! Yer hands are as soft as yer face point ear! Like that of a young maiden! And with the playful insult Jeggrim starts up the game;

Strength Roll1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Same rules as me and Staryth had? Three consecutive wins in opposed strength rolls wins?


Jutmon frowns. I hesitate to ask...

Your Lilly?

I hope it's not a pet monkey. Jutmon keeps this thought to himself.

AFK for awhile, need food.

Grand Lodge

sound good Jeggrim...just don't cough up a lung lol


Jutmon Symber wrote:

Jutmon frowns. I hesitate to ask...

Your Lilly?

Ahhh yes My Lilly, I was hoping to make her my wife, after all she is probably the only woman I met that can make waffles as good as me. and any respectable halfling would want to get himself a girl that can make waffles.

He stops to think a moment

that, and, ahhhh, she had, ahhh searching for the right words to say
huge, ahhhh, "tracks of land" he finally says. hes arms near his chest.

Andoran

Marianne begins to get dizzy from all the eye rolling she is being forced to do, and finally lets her exasperation out,

"Honestly must you all be so... male?! What's so great about hard hands, oooh, look at me I'm chaffed - a body can work hard and wear gloves you know - I do when I use my glaive. And your Lily looks like she needs to pick up her reaction time Fulito, I'm betting you will give her plenty of chances to do so though. I've obviously become addled by masculinity or I would not have made such a fool of myself with that awful stuff Gill claims was once drinkable."

She sighs gives Mirrok a quick scratch behind the ears and rises placing her hands upon her hips, [i]Oh no! This is exactly what mother would do, I'm not going to turn into her, I'm not.

"But I suppose you are enjoying yourselves. But Shelyn pity the poor women who end up putting up with you."


Damaran whirls around with his red headed dance partner one final time and he lets her go, doing so causes him to lose balance and crash into a chair. The man soon finds himself sprawled on the floor for the second time tonight. Only this time the man doesn't recover. Rather he lays there staring at the ceiling. By the gods... I swore I had left this life behind me... Ahhh Ashrianna, you lecherous harlot. A sad look takes the place of his previously jovial face.


Ah, love lost. Jutmon nods his head in commiseration. I had an eye for one of the girls, near home. She was quite a beauty. She ended up marrying the miller's son though.

Tracts of land... He chuckles, turning to speak to Lagash.

Secrets of the cosmos. The unseen mysteries. The hidden forces that make, or unmake all that is. It's more a book on practical applications, than theory, though.

201 to 250 of 277 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Rookie DM LFG - Semi Homebrew All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.