Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Weekly Geeks - Revenge of the Kobald King Path (Inactive)

Game Master Krallek

Current Map
Crude Map


101 to 150 of 277 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Turning to face the human priestess with beneficent smile.

Mayhap be true if more live joy than pain.
Challenge you. Walk score of strides past yonder door. Choose direction. Look all about.
How many see live joy? How many see toil at hated task, no have means to survive, or make life worse for others?
Guess which number higher.
Must all others hold to pain cause you cling to joy?

What you will does not matter. All things end. Can not be stopped.

After end is nothing. But even nothing must end. End of nothing allow Overpower to begin again. Having learned better. Will not allow spirits of hate, joy, greed, and strife. All be light and joy, not just privileged few.
That be why repentance in the now important. All who make life better in now prove worthy. Chance may be part of new after end. Be part of happy all.

Waits for response and hopes for understanding but expects only rebuttal or scorn.

Question for DM:
I notice there seem to be several clerics up for this one (odd, I picked cleric since there usually aren't enough). I am already enjoying this, but if you think I am unlikely to make the cut, please let me know and I will bow out before I confuse things even more. I would consider making a new character but that is not a quick process for me. I always take many days for a build and background.

Silver Crusade

Curos listens in on the conversation between the beautiful lady and the Half-Orc while quietly sipping his drink.

The Half-Orcs words strike a cord in him as memories of Razmiran flood his mind, Suffering such as that does not herald the end of times he concludes, It is because of that suffering, that we must go on.


For Gronk:
You are correct, we do have an abundance of divine casters. We also have an abundance of tanks. That makes those classes somewhat superfluous for sure. I will leave it up to you to decide if you stay with it or not.

For Curos:
I would say yes a rogue would be an asset. This group at the moment is looking rather 'blunt force trauma' if you know what I mean.

Sorry all, the last several posts have been from my phone so I kept them brief. Just a few points to note.

Firstly, I am looking mostly for good aligned characters. The kind that would save a kitten from a tree because its the right thing to do ... or at the very least because there is some profit in it. My appologies for not mentioning this in the initial post. In this campaign you will be expected to 'save a town', 'investigate missing persons', and the like.

Secondly, because of the stat rolling method and its somewhat higher level of character stats, you can expect things to be a challenge.

Thirdly, I will be closing the recruitment phase tomorrow (Friday) at 4:00 pm Pacific Time. I've given your characters a cursory glance and I like what I see. I will give them a closer look after the deadline and post a list either late Friday night or early Saturday morning. It will likely be around noon Saturday as I am running a LAN party at the school on Friday till quite late. Please make sure your character is complete by that time.

Perception checks please from all of you.


perception check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Silver Crusade

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Okay thanks for letting me know I will post here as my rogue shortly. Just wanted to make sure though, I think you mentioned that we could only use material from CRB and APG somewhere, would I also be able to use the Paths of prestige book down the line?


Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Looks around but probably doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

If you are going to be closing that soon, I will hang in. This seems like an interesting group. Gronk is not really a blunt force trauma or buffing type cleric. He is a primary caster going for debuff and SoS spells. And he can obviously heal when needed, but would prefer out of combat. So may not overlap too much with a buffer and/or combat healer cleric.
Very much is the type to save a town. He is trying to spread the word of repentance and working to make things better in the here and now because there may not be much future left.


Gronk de'Morcaine wrote:

Perception: 1d20+3

Looks around but probably doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

If a halfling dancing on a table and singing Monty Python songs is ordinary?

Andoran

Marianne blows a raspberry,

"I guess joy. I see smiling children, and happy people, and even for those that do suffer I know that they have moments of wonder woven through their existance. Just because you are a miserable so and so, doesn't mean the rest of the world is bleak and terrible. This is Andoran land of the free, of hope beauty, and art. And if the world wants to end, well its going to have to answer to me and my goddess and a whole lot of other people," she glances about ostentatiously,

"I don't need to walk out of here, I see dwarves drinking with a half orc, hear the echoes of a merry tune, and I think to myself what a wonderful world. Why are you even here if the worlds going to end? Shouldn't you be either facilitating it, or getting your jollies while you can? The fact that you are not surely shows that even a grumpy doomsayer has hope for the future."

Hope you don't feel like I'm picking on you here Gronk, our characters view points just clash pretty strongly. I always like a debate in RP, but please let me know if its not as fun for you and I'll happily disengage :)

Andoran

Hi, this is Curos' Rogue Character

4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 3) = 11 = 10
4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 6) = 16 = 15
4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 6, 4) = 14 = 13
4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 6, 4) = 19 = 15
4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 5, 3) = 17 = 14
4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 2, 5) = 16 = 14
4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 6) = 20 = 17
4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 4) = 14 = 11

best: 15, 15, 14, 14, 17, 13

Updated character sheet will be posted shortly


If the world will ever come to an end, I'm guessing it will only happen for the rebirth of something else - i don't think the cycle will ever stop. But there is enough madness going around to make it end, of that you can be sure of... - Lagash adds matter of fact while he gulps down on his ale.

But you know what, in spite of all the merry dancing, singing and drinking, I do think we are here for a reason - I for one will not stand idly by, while this "end of the world" comes about - I'll sink my teeth into it, and pass judgment if i need to. I intend to stick around for a loooong time. - he puts in with another smile.


A Halfling dancing on a table and singing Monty Python is so ordinary as to not need comment. If it was anyone else it might be a topic for discussion.

Am doubting if actually look see more joy than unjoy. Does moments of wonder outweigh life of suffer? Even so, been Cheliax? Smile and happy is belike gainst law. Groteus not concerned with small Andoran land. Groteus answer to none. All answer to Groteus. All is mostly unhappy. Unhappy is be ended. Can not be stopped. All things end.

Am not needed to bring end. End come will or no. Hope for future before end? No. Hope for future after end? Yes. Why all must repent of evil ways and try make better in here and now. Only way be part of future after end.

No problem at all Marianne. That's why I picked a character like this to begin with. There is no way I would expect a doom prophet to get agreement from much of anyone. But he still tries. =(


For those of you who roll 12+ perception:
The red cloaked man in the corner seems to be casting spells and taking notes

Andoran

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Marianne catches the cloaked man making the familiar gestures of spell casting, and informs her new companions,

"Looks like he is some form of spell caster. I'm not sure if that is good or bad, but in the stories wizards and witches always seem to be prompting great quests, so I'm choosing to see it as promising."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


After hearing the comments from a fellow mixed blood,

End comes to all, no fail. Can not stop end. Know not when or how, but end comes. Be agreed madness of some speed coming of end.
After end be nothing. But be truth, nothing have end. Then be something. Something be better.

Groteus not know or care you judgement. Groteus not notice loooong time of mortals. Groteus is end, not when, not how.
Was reason? Don't know. Is reason? Yes! Try make better in now to show true called to something after nothing.

Hope his message is getting through, but fears it is not.


"Sorry about that," Staryrth says as he winds his way back.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Unsure what's going on with one fellow talking end of the world or such, and the priestess of Shelyn talking to others where he has returned, he runs a finger through his fine beard, "I think I'm missing something."


After his song comleted and noticing that he has done nothing to lighten the mood. Fulito hops down and goes to the bar calling the barkeep over.

Do you have a room for rent or for barter? Oh, and a place for Flim-Flam outside. if you please , sir

Fulito reaches into his hat to retrieve the other single gold coin and the 3 copper that were tossed in (sifting through the used parchment and piece of chicken bone that were tossed in with them). He puts the coins on the bar and places the trash back into his hat to be disposed of later.


Well since I'm having fun and in the spirit of hoping I get in, I will go ahead and finish the last few details to this rule set. Third trait will be Reactionary (+2 init).

1st 4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 4, 6) = 16 = 15
2nd 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 6, 2) = 15 = 12
3rd 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 5) = 10 = 9
4th 4d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 3) = 8 = 7
5th 4d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 5, 2) = 9 = 8
6th 4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 5, 6) = 17 = 16
7th 4d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 6, 3) = 15 = 13
8th 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 4, 6) = 18 = 16

So that will be 16, 16 , 15, 13, 12, 9. Hmm... oddly spread out line up, but I can work with it. Ok, I believe Gronk is finsihed. Let me know if I left anything out or messed up on something.


For Marianne:
You're not sure but you believe he is casting some kind of divination spell.

Gill looks quizically at Fulito Yes indeed we have rooms to let. Mostly we rent by the hour but if'n you needs one for the night we can arrange that too. It'll be 10 coppers for the night and that includes breakfast. What the heck is a flim flam?

Grand Lodge

I am on phone so not evrything is updated or perfect but will be when I get home later this afternoon...I posted originally as gilthanis :)

in thw bar walks an elf. Slender and tone as he is brawn. His eyes never stop moving, always looking for possible threats. His hair dark and matted, the color of the earth. Eyes the color of a warm spring blue. Wearing studded leather with a longsword and lg. Wooded shield strapped to the hip and back respectively. Once satisfied with no imminant danger he goes over to the bar.

barkeep I will have an ale please. Also can you tell me any work around these parts? Gilthanis asks, keeping tabs on the group of people making a ruckus.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


DM Krallek wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Gill looks quizically at Fulito Yes indeed we have rooms to let. Mostly we rent by the hour but if'n you needs one for the night we can arrange that too. It'll be 10 coppers for the night and that includes breakfast. What the heck is a flim flam?

dang I forgot to tell ya, he's my horse, you got a stable for him?


Gill pours and passes a mug of ale to the newcomer Gilthanis as he says Indeed there is normally a great deal of work to be had through this establishment but as I was telling these fine folk, there is a bit of a trade dispute going on and many caravans are being blocked. I suspect it is only a matter of time before some smuggler or other tries to take advantage of this to turn a hefty profit by running goods through ... less established routes.

In the meantime folks, can I interest any of you in a game of chance?I'm no stranger to rolling the bones as they say. I keep a table available for such games at the back. Plus, if you are interested, I gots some other games ye can play too. One called GuzzleSlop is a favorite and usually gets the crowd to buyin more drinks. We gots knife juggling too if you can handle it.

Upon hearing Fulito's reply Gill walks over to the side of the bar and pulls a small rope. Shorty a young boy of no more than 12 enters and asks Gill Whats up? Gill tells the boy to stable Fulito's horse.


Staryth looks to the elf, "Lots of that going around." A look to Gill, "Gill, you mentioned some kind of trade squabble and blockade? What's the story on that?"


sorry for my belated response. My internet decided today was a perfect day for giving me hell...got it figured out now. Should be no more problems at all

Jeggrim listens to the clerics arguing about faith, the end of the world and all that other nonsense, Listen ye dolts, end or no end, whats the difference? If the end is coming as you say, then what good is it to even drag yer arse out of bed in the morning? What good is it to find love? Ta laugh? Ta make friends? Ta worry bout any 'o those things? Why wouldn't ye just sit in yer chambers and wait fer it ta come eh? Bah! End 'o no end it don't make a difference. We are all goin ta do what we do either way!

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Jeggrim eyeballs the elf walking into the tavern, rolling his eyes and no so quietly "whispers" Great, a sodding point-ear. Just what we needed...a flower smelling, smooth faced, flighty, with a rod up his bum ta mess things up... By Torag could today get any weirder? First I share a drink with one 'o me kin, and a proper one at that. Next a hummie cleric of some goddess or another. And then, a half-breed orc-spawn! And that one I buyed a drink wit me own coin! And now? A durned elf! Sigh...

Jeggrim looks around the room at all that have gathered, then to Staryth in

Dwarven:
Oi cousin. The competition gets fiercer by the minute! Lot 'o sellswords here. Lot 'o priesty types too. And now a durned elf! Did ye see him walk in like he's better than the rest 'o us? Bah! Elves....

And lastly to the elf
Oi point-ear! What are ye about? Jeggrim scowls.


Dwarven:
"Well, Jeg, it isn't likely we'll get a group of all dwarves, and maybe not even a group of all dwarves and humans. Seems to me we best get used to working with those what we wouldn't normally."
Course, my father would tell me nothing good came from orc blood, and elves are useless... but then, I'm making me own road now.

Andoran

A shadowy figure stalks through the door and pulls back the hood of his cloak revealing a slender elven face, inconspicuous except for his eyes which seem to be held open a little too wide giving him an almost manic expression. As he walks to the bar his eyes dart around rapidly taking in the scene.

Hey, this is Curos' Rogue character replacing Curos, my character sheet is listed below for those interested and on my alias for future reference

Curos picks up his Halberd and exists the bar "I think I will find my cause elswhere" he mumbles.


Basic Information:

Name: Leanen DuskRunner
Race: Elf
Class: Rogue(Investigator)
Gender: Male
Race: Elf
Allignment: Lawful Good
Diety:
Age:
Height:
Languages: Common, Elven, Celestial, Drakonic, Sylvan

Abilities:

Str = 13/+1
Con = 12/+1 (14-2)
Dex = 19/+4 (17+2)
Int = 17/+3 (15+2)
Wis = 15/+2
Cha = 14/+2

Saves:

Will: 2
Reflex: 6
Con: 1

Combat:

HP: 9
Initiative: 4
BaB: 0
CMB: 1
AC: 17
Touch: 14
Flat-Footed: 13

Traits:

Racial Traits: Elven Immunities (immune to sleep effects, +2 against enchantment effects)
Low-Light Vision
Keen Senses (+2 Perception)
Alternate Racial Trait: Envoy (Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic as spell-like abilities once per day)
Social Trait: Law Enforcer (+2 sense motive to gain a hunch from social situations, begin play with masterwork manacles)
Combat Traits: Armor Expert ( Armor check penalty -1)
Equipment Traits: Heirloom Weapon(Elven Curve Blade) (Proficiency with Elven Curve Blade)

Skills:

Perception = 8
Knowledge dungeoneering = 7
Knowledge Local = 7
Escape Artist = 8
Profession(Artist) = 6
Sense Motive = 6(8) (+2 from Law Enforcer Trait in some situations)
Diplomacy = 6
Disable Device = 8
Stealth = 8
Acrobatic = 8
Use Magic Device = 6
Appraise = 7

Feats:

Weapon Finesse (Use Dex instead of Str on attack rolls)

Class abilities:

Follow up (Roll Twice on diplomacy checks to gather information checks and receives information for both results, if one of the rolls provided information which the provider knows to be false then the rogue is aware that the info is false)
Sneak attack 1d6

equipment:

Starting Gold = 140gp
Studded Leather 25gp ( +3AC, +5Max Dex, -1ACP)
Short Sword 10gp (1d6, S, 19-20x2, 2lb)
Dagger 2gp (1d4, P/S, 19-20x2, range 10ft, 1lb)
Rogue Kit 50gp (Backpack, Bedroll, Belt Pouch, Caltrop, Chalk(10), Flint and Steel, Grappling Hook, Iron Pot, Mess Kit, Mirror, Pitons(10), Rope 50ft, Soap, Thieves’ Tools, Torches(10), Trail Rations(5 days), Waterskin)
Periscope 20gp (Diminutive size for stealth checks looking around corners)
Masterwork Manacles 0gp (DC 35 to escape, DC 28 to break, hardness 10, 10 HP)
Superior Lock 0gp (Disable Device DC 40)
Ear Trumpet 5gp (-5 DC to listen through doors)
Portrait book 10gp (basically allows crime sketches)
Wrist Sheath 1gp (hides dagger/wand sized item, +2 sleight of hand to hide such an item)
Ink 8gp
Ink Pen 1sp
Drill 5sp (creates 1inch diameter hole, DC 15 to hear the drilling)
Weapon Cord 1sp (retrieve weapon as swift action)
Silent Whistle 9sp (Like a dog whistle)
Signal Whistle 8sp (DC 5 preform allows it to function as signal horn, Perception DC 0 to hear it within a quarter-mile, -2 to perception check for every additional quarter mile)
Reversible Cloak 2sp (A cloak which can be turned inside out and look like a different cloak, the bonus is undefined, but is presumably dependant on the price of the cloak, this is the cheapest version)
Pickpockets outfit 0gp (+2 to conceal small objects)
Chalkboard 1gp
Remaining funds: 5gp, 4sp

Backstory:

Elaboration to come, but essentially Leanen was a servant of Cheliax devoted to rooting out corruption among it’s citizens. But certain events opened his eyes to the horrors of cheliax, now he is seeking to atone for his past deeds by putting his investigative skills to use rooting out evil.

Plans:

The idea is to take the sleepless detective prestige class, and focus on non-combat investigatory role play while maintaining average combat abilities.


Dwarven:
Aye 'tis as you say cousin. But that don't mean I have ta jump wit joy 'bout it! Hahaha! Meself has found I can work wit just about anyone, but it don't mean I trust 'em. 'Specially those of orc 'er elf blood. They's got ta earn that trust ta be sure. But you're right. Yer wisdom once again has proven vast cousin. May be that meself has spent too much time in the wilds by meself! Haha!

To Gill;Gill ye 'ol cur! Ye been holdin out on me? Fer weeks ye've taken me coin and not once mentioned GuzzleSlop 'er Chance! Ye got me interest. Ye mind tellin a dolt like meself how 'ta play? 'O and another round fer me and me kinsmen here!

Andoran

his clothes are poor but strangely imaculate. he walks up to on of the stool, pulls out a cloth and wipes down the stool before talking a seet.

"Good evening my name is Leanen, have any of you gentlemen heard of any employment opportunities in this establishment?"


Staryth pats Jeg on the shoulder, then turns to see Leanen, "Name's Staryth. And the line has gotten right long in hopes for employment. Best chance seems to be for some sort of trade war creating oppurtunity, but not sure how I feel about that line o work myself."

Andoran

Leanen raises an eyebrow, "A trade war? That is unfortunate. But what opportunities could that present us?".


Damaran raps his knuckles on the counter of the bar. Barkeep! I'm running dry down here friend. He holds his empty mug upside down to elaborate his point and pulls a silver coin from his belt, slapping it onto the counter as he does.


my horse is the polite one or perhaps I should also mention the one sized for me. he's right out front, and don't touch the ears, he's sensative there and he may bite if you do.

Fulito turns around to notice two new people enter the tavern since he last spied the door. a couple of elves, how wonderful, perhaps they won't be so grumpy as the dwarves, of course I wonder if they even know what those guys are even saying about them?

Fulito just shrugs oh well no bother anyway he says apparently completeing a thought verbally.

After getting everything squared away Fulito moves back to a table relatively in the middle of the common room. He flips his hat down onto the table ready to recieve any donations.

he then pulls out his harmonica and breaks into a slow blues riff

with some extra musical back-up seemingly from nowhere.

Spellcraft DC15:

casting Prestidigitation for the extra musical instuments

perform harmonica 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Hey all, I'm not feeling well, got some crud or another. I'm going to lay down for a bit. Any conversation directed at me I'll respond to later when I'm feeling a bit better. I'll hide them in spoilers to avoid clutter. Thanks again all this has been a blast so far. Excellent roleplay! Kudos all!


Leanen wrote:
Leanen raises an eyebrow, "A trade war? That is unfortunate. But what opportunities could that present us?".

"Well, heard the term 'smuggling' tossed about, but me I'm more wondering about how trade fights will affect the common man. I can't speak for all, but for all the talk of dwarves having a love gold, seems to me humans lust after it a lot as well even if it hurts their own."

Andoran

The elf seems to consider the information for a moment and says under his breath,"Smuggling? well that bears further investigation."

to Starsyth, "You are correct; gold is one of the two greatest causes of criminal activity. Thus those who lust after it of any race must be watched closely."


Greetings, I am Lagash - cannot help you regarding the request for opportunities though - I am just drinking for the time being - perhaps you care to join us? - Lagash rises his mug at Leanen.

Andoran

Turning to Lagash, Leanen dips his head, "Your kindness is much appreciated"

Leanan joins Lagash's group and calls to the bartender "Pardon me, do you have anything cold? I find it keeps the senses keen"


I find it so interesting that not single person (player or NPC) has even decided to engage the halfling in any conversation heck if he didn't announce his name I doubt any would ask. (not that any would care what his name is.) --- just an observation


Try standing on a chair!


Hm, actually Lagash did address you :D But I thought you had gone alone to a table to eat? Am I wrong?

Andoran

I have to duck out to run an errand, but I'll be back in a few hours

Andoran

I'll point out that Marianne did try to engage him, saying she had a tin, ear, etc., but you either missed it or chose to ignore it. If nobody is engaging with you engage with them - simple.

Marianne watches the new comers while drinking more merlot - she prefers rum with fruit juice as a rule, but it seem unlikely to be served here, and she does not want to hurt Gill's feelings.

"Pleased to meet you Leanen, honey. I'm Marianne, Marianne Benedict, cleric of Shelyn. Mind if I ask what brings you to Andoran? Its just we don't see many elves and you are so darned mysterious, Brother Borlan says elven art is wonderous, but I've never really seen any."

Then she addresses all the group for the newcomers benefit,

"It seems like the fellow in the red cloak is our prospective employer, and that he likes to observe for a while before making his choices. He's been casting some sort of divinations, thats about all I can tell you. So we wait for here for him to make his mind up I suppose."


Hugh. Long as only divines and not compulses, is ok. Belike no point to hide things.
Since Marianne has pointed out the activity, I will watch to see if I can determine what he is casting with any greater detail.
spellcraft = 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Let me see if I can bring any additional insight as to this persons' intent.

Lagash observes the man intently - he seems to have no qualms in showing that he is observing him.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

In the meantime he keeps on going at his ale and turns to Marianne:

I have to admit I am getting a tad tired of all this waiting game - I guess my orc half - he winks at the dwarves - seems to be pulling me to action. I'm starting to feel the urge to go at that table and just sit down for a chit chat.

Grand Lodge

Me dwarf, the name is Gilthanis, I am a ranger by skill and looking for work. I like to think I know these surroundings like the back of my hand. What what about you? Gilthanis responds to Jeggrims' inquiry.

If given a chance to know of the red-cloaked man observing us...
Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


To Lagash:
Lagash, mayhaps that ye have a bit 'o dwarf in the stone pile if ye know what I be meanin as meself is sick 'o the waitin. The manling in reds been eye ballin the likes 'o us long enough. What say we find out what he's about?

To the Halfling:
Just in case you missed it I did compliment your song about the dwarves at the beginning, urging you to sing more and perhaps strike up a conversation

To Gilthanis:
A ranger you say eh? I think of meself as a bit 'o a woodsman meself. Although I can't claim to be a ranger meself...More 'o a wild-dwarf! Bwahaha! I'd ask ye how it is I haven't seen ye round these parts yet point-ear, but I'm already fer knowin the answer...elf tricks! Bwahahaha! Yer kind has a reputation fer bein sneaks and shadow walkers. And well renown at that! What brings a smooth-face such as yerself inta a pig's wallow such as this?

Whoops forgot my rolls

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16Perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13Sense Motive


Not a moment too soon Jeggrim, let us settle this then.

Lagash stands up and straightens himself, brushing the road dust from his long cloak and hood. Looking intently at the man (or whatever he is) in red he nods at the dwarf.

Grand Lodge

If you must know, I spent most of my upbringing in the Verduran Forest, learning from my father. He taught me everything I could understand, but the adventuring life "called" to me if you will. I came here because it is the biggest town I know of and thought my skills could be put to good use here.

Gilthanis will watch the dwarf and Lagash. Even though the dwarf may not be Gilthanis' 'friend' he want beack down from a confrontation should it arise between those two and the 'red hood man'.


Staryth takes a drink and observes just what his fellow dwarf and Lagash are up to.


Jeggrim pops his neck, then laces his fingers together cracking those as well. He falls into stride beside Lagash.

As he stands he pats Staryth on the shoulder, Me 'an the biggin here's about ta see whats fer what wit the stranger. Ye care ta join us cousin? I ain't one fer waitin ferever!

Jeggrim nods at Lagash Right beside ye greenie. Lets make heads or tails 'o all this! Jegg's ready to confront the 'man in red.'


Lagash walks up to the man in red's table and pauses there for a moment.

By the way, I picture Lagash bearing the looks of Solomon Kane (the comics one, not the movie), for those that are familiar with it - would be the epitome of the Inquisitor, without the gun of course :D

Looking from below the rim of his wide brim hat, he observes the man for just a split second, before saying:

Good evening Sir, I am not much for the wiry sly approach, and I dislike skulking, or tip-toeing around the matters at hand - I am sure you have noticed our... colorful congregation at the bar over there, as much as we have noticed your careful observation of the gathered assembly at this... hm... fine alehouse...

As he removes his hat, Lagash cannot but show again that constant hint of a smile at the corner of his fanged mouth.

Now... We have been told that you would be the person to address if we were to be looking for an employment, mainly with a dash of adventure. And by looking around at the remaining patrons, I do not hesitate in saying that, whatever the tasks, if any, you may have in mind, you would surely be looking in the right direction if at us. And let me add that, whatever information you may need, there is nothing like an open discussion - no need for divinations, just straight questions over a mug of fine ale. On us of course.

Diplomacy if needed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

101 to 150 of 277 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Rookie DM LFG - Semi Homebrew All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.