Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Weekly Geeks - Revenge of the Kobald King Path (Inactive)

Game Master Krallek

Current Map
Crude Map


301 to 350 of 360 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Silly me, I forgot to post initiative. I've updated the map to include the riders as they enter the mapped area.

Initiative::

Staryth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damaran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Fulito: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Marianne: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Gilthanis: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Jeggrim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Badguys: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

The order is
Badguys
Marianne
Gilthanis
Jeggrim
Damaran
Fulito
Staryth

Go ahead and post your round 1 actions. I will post for the 'bandits' later this afternoon or early this evening.


Note:
I have put a red line on the bandit icons to indicate relative health. The smaller the read line the nearer to death they appear.

Round Rules:

The wagon chase challenge is a combat challenge involving a vehicle fight with the wagons and horses. Combat ends when your wagon takes 90 pts of damage or you have dealt 90 pts of morale damage to the enemy (each enemy defeated will give you 10 morale points. After 90 they give up the chase)

Wagon Driver:

Driver Check - the driver of the wagon must make a driver check every turn DC 10 to stay on the road. You may use either your ride skill or your handle animal skill for this roll. Failure means you’ve bumped something, hit a rut, run on the shoulder, or rubbed against a rock or tree. On a fail everyone except the driver must make an additional balance check to remain upright.

Driver Attack: Ram the horse next to you. Make a D20 + your drive skill roll to ram the horse next to you. Damage is d8. The horse’s AC is 11 plus the driver’s skill. 10 total points of damage takes that enemy out of the fight.

Driver CMB: 1 + driver skill. Use this attack to run the enemy off the road, into a tree, or off a cliff. This effectively takes the enemy out of the fight if you succeed. If you fail, you take a -2 penalty on your drive check next turn as the wagon weaves out of control.

Combatants:
Must make either an acrobatics check dc 10 to stay balanced every turn. Each failure moves you to a different status on the table below. Each success moves you up the condition table and a fail moves you down.
1. On your feet: you can move and attack with the normal penalties.
2. Prone: you've fallen down and can take the normal attacks and penalties for this condition
3. Pinned: you've shifted and fallen awkwardly. In all respects it is the same as pinned condition but you need to make an acrobatics check to get back to prone.
4. Helpless: you've fallen off the side and are desperately clinging to the edge of the wagon. Same as helpless condition but you take 1d2 ongoing damage.

**Special: If you choose to attack from seated or kneeling position you lose your dex bonus to attack but gain your dex bonus to your balance check. So yes, you would get it twice because it would already be part of your acrobatic/jump skill.

CMB/CMD remains the same.

Changing vehicles: this will require a jump check at DC 14.

Heroic bonus: every time you have a successful round (hit on your attack and not failed on your balance/drive checks) you will gain 1 Heroic point. You can bank these points or spend them as you wish but each Heroic point spent will grant you a +2 bonus on one dice roll (drive check, balance check, attack, jump or save). You can bank these and spend more than 1 at a time stacking the bonuses. So it is up to you if you choose to spend them and get incremental bonuses along the way or bank them for something really heroic. These are only good for this encounter though.

Spell Casting
Will require a concentration check every time you cast DC 10

You may spend your turn assisting a team mate at any time with their check. This will give them a +2 on their balance check to move up the condition scale.

Movement

Lets assume that the wagon is going full speed. I will leave that pretty much in the middle of the map and move other markers around it accordingly. Picture it as an old school car racing video game where the player stayed in the middle of the screen and the track moved around the player.

1. The wagon can only move 1 square to the right or left per turn.
2. Horses can move 2 squares 'up', 10 squares 'down', or shift 1 column sideways.
3. Player movement is as noted in the other post. I will put all the 'rules' in a spoiler tag each time I post for quick reference.

Round 1 Battle Crunch:

Bandit 1: move and attack (shoot shortbow at wagon)Ride Check (dc10): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 *success* 1d6 - 5 ⇒ (1) - 5 = -4
Bandit 2: move and attack (shoot shortbow at wagon)Ride Check (dc10): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 *success* 1d6 - 5 ⇒ (4) - 5 = -1
Bandit 3: move and attack (shoot shortbow at wagon)Ride Check (dc10): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 *Miss* cannot shoot as he must hold on to guide horse
Bandit 4: move and attack (shoot shortbow at wagon)Ride Check (dc10): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 *success* 1d6 - 5 ⇒ (4) - 5 = -1

All four bandits realize the futility of shooting the wagon ...

Current Map


male Halfling Bard 1[AC:15; FF:13; T:13 / F:+1, R:+5; W:+3/ Init: +2 / Perc: +6]

can't load the map, may be my computer


male Halfling Bard 1[AC:15; FF:13; T:13 / F:+1, R:+5; W:+3/ Init: +2 / Perc: +6]

Fulito tries to urge the horses to move faster trying to avoid arrows. all the while maintaining the wagon on the road

Handle Animal 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

EDIT while holding the reins between his toes and juggling 3 flaming torches and singing a song at the same time?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 2
Spoiler:
HP 8/13 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

Seeing the bandits fire upon his allies, Gilthanis thiks...so, they want to fire upon us, lets see how well they do with a longsword slashing them across the face!

Taste the steel of my blade you scum!! Gilthanis yells out while trying to guide his steed with his knees to allow him to attack his enemy.

Move action: ride back to attack enemy in M-15/16

Ride check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Attack if able: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Damage if hits: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Spoiler:

HP: 8/11
AC: 17 = If allowed to use my sword and shield
AC: 15 = If not allowed to use my shield while I am riding

Gilthanis remembers the training his father taught him. Slow breathing, stay attuned to the animal, keep yourself and the animal calm.

Andoran

Female Human Cleric 1 (HP 14/14; AC 20, Touch 12, Flatfooted 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7; Init +8; Perception +4; Channel Energy 5/5)

Marianne readies herself to attack any of the bandits that come near from her seat, trying to protect Fulito so he can concentrate on driving.

I know Fulito mentioned he was going to sing and use lingering song or something so I'm assuming bardic bonuses.
Balance: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Readied Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
AOO in case it comes up: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 2
Spoiler:
HP 8/13 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

Add an extra 1 point of damage if bardic music in in effect :)


male Halfling Bard 1[AC:15; FF:13; T:13 / F:+1, R:+5; W:+3/ Init: +2 / Perc: +6]

unfortunatly it is a standard action to begin the music and I used the first round standard action to try and accelerate the wagon so we can gain some speed.

will begin singing in round 2 since it is a free action to just drive


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1 (HP16 AC16/14, Fort+5, Ref+3, Will+2, Ini+4, Perception+6, Attack +5 or +3/+3, Dmg 1d3+4/1d3+2)

Lets see if I remember how ta use this thing! Jeggrim bellows and begins laughing as he draws his bow.

Balance Check1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Poke, poke! Jeggrim yells in glee pulling back the bowstring and leveling it at the bandit rider.

Ooof! The wagon hits a rut and Jegg slams down hard on his rump cursing and cussing. His rage begins to boil inside....

Keep her steady little hair-foot 'o ye'll find me boot stuck firmly in yer tiny arse!


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 21/ 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;

Staryth realizes he's not the acrobatic type, and moves prone. His crossbow should work from this condition. He loads and fires. "Yelling ain't gonna help none Jegg."

I believe I'm right that crossbows work while prone. HOpe so anyway. He'll aim at K17.

To hit with crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
dmg if that hits: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Round 1 Recap:

Each of you readies in anticipation as the bandits come into view. They are gaining on you fast. As they get within 15 feet or so you notice they start to fan out with one group attacking from the left and the other from the right. The first 2 bandits manage to control their horses with their knees and shoot arrows directly into the spokes of the wagon's wheels. The arrows shatter when they strike throwing shards of wood everywhere but no apparent damage to the wagon. The third bandit readies his bow and takes aim at the back wheel under Jeggrim but his horse starts to follow the lead horse and the man is jostled. He must grab onto the reins with his hands to get his horse under control. The last rider moves up to engage Gilthanas but on the way he shoots an arrow at the wagon. The head of the arrow burries itself deep in the wood of the side of the wagon but no damage is done.

Fulito coaxes the horses up to full speed and begins to sing a battle chant. Each of you feels the familiar calm of battle come over you. Marianne stands up on the front seat and grabs her glaive and readies to chop at the nearest rider. Gilthanis moves back to engage the nearest rider and swings wildly at his shoulder with his sword. The blade glances off his pauldron and catches the man under the ear and hacks away a chunk of flesh. The man gets a little woozy but manages to keep his balance.

Meanwhile, at the back of the wagon, Jeggrim pulls out his crossbow and shoots at the nearest rider. He misjudges the movement of the wagon and has to drop to his knees to keep his balance. Staryth taunts Jeggrim a little and then leans in to show him how its done.

Staryth and Damarans missed rolls:

Staryth: balance check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12. By my math you should be getting a +2 to balance because you are seated and a minus 2 to your attack.
Damaran steadies himself (balance check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7), shifts and falls to his knees.

Staryth manages to shoot his crossbow at the nearest rider but the bolt flies wide as the wagon jostles along on the bumpy road. Meanwhile, Damaran loses his balance and falls to his knees.

Both Damaran and Jeggrim have fallen a point on the status scale and are now prone. Gilthanas has earned 1 heroic point


male Halfling Bard 1[AC:15; FF:13; T:13 / F:+1, R:+5; W:+3/ Init: +2 / Perc: +6]

with no bad guy horsemen in a postion to run off the road Fulito concentrates on his singing and driving

sorry can't seem to find any fun approriate tunes to go with this chase scene

Bard music used 3/8
drive check (handle animal) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

HEY! that hole wasn't there a moment ago


Fulito, technically the bad guys go first so you will have an attack this turn. Will update soon.


The map is now updated.

New Map


male Halfling Bard 1[AC:15; FF:13; T:13 / F:+1, R:+5; W:+3/ Init: +2 / Perc: +6]

had to add a new song in fulito's repertoire

click me for the song

adding to the previous drive action now that there are enemies

Fulito notices an enemy rider attempting to come up on his left. Fulito attempts to steer the wagon forcing the rider off the road into the trees.

CMB to run off the road 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Round 2 Crunch:
Bandit 1 (wounded on Gilthanis) : Drops bow, move up, atck Gilthanis Ride check (dc10) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 *success* attk Gilthanas *miss* 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Bandit 2: moves up and attempts to jump on back of wagon Ride check (dc10) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 acrobatics check (dc15)1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 *epic fail ... this is going to be funny*
Bandit 3:moves up and attempts to shoot Jegg Ride check (dc10) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 attk 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 *hit* 1d8 ⇒ 3
Bandit 4: moves up and attempts to shoot Jegg Ride check (dc10) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 attk 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 *hit* 1d8 ⇒ 6
Bandit 5: moves up and attempts to jump on back of wagon Ride check (dc10) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 acrobatics check (dc15)1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7*fail*
Bandit 6: moves up and attempts to jump on back of wagon Ride check (dc10) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 acrobatics check (dc15)1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Check to see if that hit on Jegg was a crit 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Well, guess thats pretty clear
1d6 ⇒ 6
1d6 ⇒ 5
1d6 ⇒ 1
Ugh thats 12 damage

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 2
Spoiler:
HP 8/13 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

Seeing Jeggrim get hit with an arrow, and pretty back by the looks of it, get quite angry at the bandits.

Attacking someone whose prone, really?! Are you guys afraid to take an elf head on while on horseback!

Free action to spit in general direction of bandit that critically hit Jeggrim? And on a side-note, does Jeggrim get his 'Stability' racial bonus to stay upright? If so he gets another 4 so he would have hit the dc 10 :)

Ride check to keep balance and attack bandit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Attack on bandits next to me: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Damage if hits: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Spoiler:

HP: 8/11
AC: 19

Andoran

Female Human Cleric 1 (HP 14/14; AC 20, Touch 12, Flatfooted 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7; Init +8; Perception +4; Channel Energy 5/5)

So Jegg took a total of 18 damage? Any chance of getting that d8 rerolled as a d6 for the second attack? I'm guessing they are using shortbows right?


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 21/ 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;

"Jegg!" Startyth gasps out, as he lays prone, and fires again at anyone of the raiders that isn't engaged in melee.

Dwarvish:
"Murdering bat kissing bastards!"

To hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Andoran

Female Human Cleric 1 (HP 14/14; AC 20, Touch 12, Flatfooted 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7; Init +8; Perception +4; Channel Energy 5/5)

Muttering a curse Marianne tries to move across to Jeggrim, but falls trying to get up tumbling to the cart bed and getting tangled in boots and equipment. With a growl of frustration she just about manages to disentangle herself, but can be of little help to Jeggrim.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Move action to rise from prone, which I'm assuming requires another acrobatics check.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Second move action to try righting herself.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


male Halfling Bard 1[AC:15; FF:13; T:13 / F:+1, R:+5; W:+3/ Init: +2 / Perc: +6]

not sure right now about the round but reading through appears we have an uninvited rider

yelling in dwarven:

hang on were going for a ride

sorry Marianne but its good that you are already prone

free action stop singing (lingers for 2 more rounds)
drive check to make a sharp swerve to try and get the bandit that leaped onto the wagon to get flung off

driver check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

stats:

Bard music used 3/8


The bandits, realizing the futility of trying to shoot the wagon, choose a different tactic. In unison they move up and several of them attempt a 'boarding' action. As they approach you see several of them drop their bows and guide their horses in for the jump. The first bandit misjudges the distance and as he jumps you see the shocked look of fear as he realizes that his jump is short. He reaches out and grabs onto the side of your wagon as gravity pulls him down and under the wagon; his knuckles white with the tension of hanging on for dear life as he is dragged along the ground dangerously close to the back wheel of the wagon. Fulito sees an opportunity and sharply turns the wagon to the left in an attempt to shake him off. The momentum of the wagon's shift causes the man's hand to slip off the side of the wagon and as he momentarily hangs on with one hand, his legs slide along the ground and one of them gets caught under the wheel. You hear a sickening crunch as the wagon jumps when his torso slides under the wheel.

Just as the wagon swerves out of control, a bandit from the other side sees his opening and jumps for the back. As he jumps, the wagon once again lurches out of his reach and the bandits arm gets caught in the spinning rear wheel. The man's head briefly disappears from view as his arm is violently torn downward as it gets caught between the spokes of the rapidly spinning wheel. A moment later though he comes back into view as the wheel and his arm come back up the other side and the man is viciously flung upward like a rag doll and he flies over the head of the rider behind him.
The third boarder has a lot more success as he times his jump perfectly and lands with a thud on the back of the wagon with a malicious gleam in his eye as he looks at Damaran.

The two bowmen further back each take careful aim at Jeggrim. The first arrow takes the dwarf deep in the thigh and Jegg looks down in shock as blood gouts from his leg. A second arrow takes him full on in the chest and sends him flying backward. He lands on his back clutching a the arrow shaft as it protrudes from his chest.
The last rider moves up to engage Gilthanis but just as he gets close he swings high and loses his balance. The highly trained elf takes advantage of the opening and cuts hard at the mans outstretched arm and catches him under the arm. The bandit falls backwards off his horse.

Marianne, seeing the dwarf fall as he takes two arrows. She climbs over the seat back but loses her balance as the wagon lurches and she falls and slides backwards toward Jeggrim. As she reaches Jeggrim's side he spits blood and loses consciousness.

Damaran, seeing the cleric slide by him, attempts to throw a kick at the bandit standing on the back of the wagon. 1d20 ⇒ 4 Instead, as the wagon swerves, Damaran loses his balance and falls to his knees. Staryth takes aim at the bandit on the back of the wagon but the bolt flies wide.

note:
Sorry guys, I will have to update the map later. You may begin the third round actions now if you like or you may wait till I get the map updated. So the count as it stands now, your wagon hasn't taken any damage yet and you have defeated 3 bandits so far. Jeggrim is down but not out. Marianne is prone. Gilthanis has earned a second hero point.


Ok, I've updated the maps and I am going to try them on a new site tomorrow as per Marianne's suggestion. Lets see how this works.

Fulito manages to get the wagon under control just after the one bandit goes under the wheel. As he looks up ahead he sees a new danger approaching. The road appears to narrow a bit up ahead as there is a large boulder looming dangerously close to the side of the road. Fulito estimates that it will be about another 10 seconds or so before you reach that boulder. Gilthanis, you also become aware of the impending danger. You think the space is just big enough for the wagon and your horse but it is going to be tight.

The two bandits that shot Jeggrim move up close the the back of the wagon and each of them drops their bows and pull out oddly shaped glass vials with an orange liquid inside. The top of the vial is stoppered with what appears to be a cork with a tinder twig stuck in it. You get a sinking feeling as you realize they are going to set the wagon on fire!!

Crunch:

Bandit ride check (dc10)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7. Acrobatics check to light the wick (dc10)1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 *fail*
Bandit ride check (dc10)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17. Acrobatics check to light the wick (dc10)1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20*success*
Bandit ride check (dc10)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14. Shoot at Gilthanis 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 *near miss*
Bandit ride check (dc10)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14. Has no clear line of site to shoot.

Two more bandits pull up to fill in the gap created by their fallen comrades.

New Map

Andoran

Female Human Cleric 1 (HP 14/14; AC 20, Touch 12, Flatfooted 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7; Init +8; Perception +4; Channel Energy 5/5)

Marianne struggles to rise, pushing herself to her feet with her glaive and chanting while keeping an eye on the bandit. As her hand glows with warm light she reaches down and prods Jeggrim gently in the forhead, sending light coursing over his body to eat away at his injuries.

"Wake up Jeggrim honey, we've got guests!"

Note that Marianne provokes rising, he'll need to make a dc 15 will save though due to her adoration ability.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 2
Spoiler:
HP 8/13 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

A couple questions...

1. Is the boulder next round since you said 10 seconds from now?

2. Is there any way I can target the baddie who made their checks to light a alchemist fire with a melee swing?

3. Any way I can taarget said boulder to prevent the baddies from folowwing us by going offroad, hit boulder, blocking them after wagon passes thru narrow road?

4. If able to target boulder, could I use my hero points? And am I able to split them up between actions?

Sorry for all the question will help me make up my decision of possible actions of what to do :)


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 21/ 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;

As bandits get into the wagon, Staryth curses and tries to stand up so he can fight in melee, "This wagon burns, and I'll make sure you stay in it to die in the flames you miserable curs."

Acrobatics? I have doubts this will work: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (19) - 4 = 15

He surprises himself by getting to his feet, and hammers at one of the bandits trying to set fire to the would be arsonist.

To hit with warhammer: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Add one to hit and dmg rolls if bard song is still in effect please


That boulder is coming up on Fulitos side of the wagon and it will be in two turns from now. Yes you and f ulito can coordinate something to run them of the road but be careful cause space is tight. I'm just giving you the heads up as movement is hampered.

Yes you can target the guys with the bombs. They won't blow themselves up unless the wick is lit though. Otherwise it would just be a normal attack.

Hero points can be spent all at once or split up.

Sorry on phone so being brief.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 2
Spoiler:
HP 8/13 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

I wholeheartedly agree Staryth! If they think we'll just LET them throw fire on us, they'll be sorely mistaken!

Ride check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

EPIC fail...I can already tell this is gonna hurt. And I made my other rolls count lol. Well better to fail now instead of failing and crashing into the boulder


male Halfling Bard 1[AC:15; FF:13; T:13 / F:+1, R:+5; W:+3/ Init: +2 / Perc: +6]

Fulito concentrates to navigate the toward the narrow opening while keeping an eye on the bandits hoping to manuver the wagon just right to trip up a horse before the bomb can fly.

driver check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
CMB to run a bandit off the road 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 2
Spoiler:
HP 8/13 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

Posting for Damaran

Move action: balance check to not be prone 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Standard action: attack bandit that jumped onto the wagon 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Damage if hits: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


subtle rule change:
I will grant 1 heroic point for a successful balance check and a second one if you manage to land a successful attack/spell/maneuver. Note: I will update the map and make my play for next round late tonight. Feel free to post your moves if you like though. Basically, those that can throw a bomb will do so. Those that can board will move up and do so. Those that can shoot will do so. 

You see the bandits advance and the two in the lead drop their short bows and pull out a vial of nasty looking orange liquid inside. One bandit loses his balance a bit as his horse gallops towards the wagon and he lets out a vile curse as he clutches to the saddle to keep from falling off. The second bandit has more success as he gracefully guides the horse with his knees while he quickly lights the tindertwig and readies to throw it.

A third bandit deftly reaches back for an arrow, nocks, and pulls back the string on his short bow aiming for Gilthanis’ head. As he releases the bowstring Gilthanis lets out curse of his own and moved in to sweep the mans head off with his sword. As he begins to swing his sword he over compensates for the galloping motion of the horse and has to quickly grab the pommel with his free hand while the blade whistles harmlessly past the bandits ear just as the bandit releases the arrow which narrowly misses the elf’s head. The bandit shoots Gilthanis a look and says “You got lucky this time elf, next time you die”. The last bandit howls in frustration as he has no clear line of sight to shoot and he begins to move his horse forward as two more bandits full in the gap in the rear ranks.
Fulito, seeing the rapidly approaching rock as an opportunity, guides the wagon into position allowing enough space for a bandit to ride up on the left side of the wagon before he can close his trap (+1 heroic point). The shifting of the wagon is a bit much for Marianne as she barely manages to keep her balance but she does manage to get to her feet and she begins to cast cure light wounds on the fallen dwarf. Seeing an opportunity to attack the bandit on the wagon lunges at the cleric with a dagger.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 to hit for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 (Marianne, your concentration check is good and you get the spell off. +2 heroic points)
Holy energy surrounds the cleric as she places a glowing hand on the fallen dwarf. Jeggrim’s eyes flutter a moment and then he coughs up some blood as the arrows are magically pushed out of his chest. He feels weak but is back in action.
Staryth, heavily weighed down by his armor, manages to stagger to his feet as he sees his comrade fall with two arrows. With adrenaline pushing him on, he manages to keep his balance on the shaky ground and he swings his mighty axe at the bandit on the wagon. The head of the hammer smashes the bandit in the rib cage which collapse under the power of the blunt force trauma. The bandit gives out an audible “oof” as he buckles over; wounded but not vanquished (+2 heroic points for Staryth. Nice rolls btw. This wagon challenge is bloody hard for you with that ACP!).

score board:
The bandits morale is now at 90/120 and your wagon has yet to take any damage. As near as I can tell Gilthanis has 2 heroic points, Marianne has 2, Fulito has 1, Staryth has 2, and Damaran now has 1. The only one who is currently prone is Jeggrim.

Andoran

Female Human Cleric 1 (HP 14/14; AC 20, Touch 12, Flatfooted 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7; Init +8; Perception +4; Channel Energy 5/5)

Marianne uses adoration bandit needs to make a DC 14 will save to attack her.


Thanks for the reminder.

Adoration DC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 7 *Fail*

I just noticed that I also missed his regular attack as well in both the crunch and the recap.

Attack on Damaran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage. *miss*

Adjust the description to the bandit attacks Damaran and misses his attack so badly that he is now knocked prone.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 2
Spoiler:
HP 8/13 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

I may be en Elf, but I can be just as stubborn as my Dwarven comrades! Feel the steel of my blade you imbecile.

Gilthanis attempts to do a better balancing act while keeping an eye on the upcoming obstacle in the way

Balance: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Andoran

Female Human Cleric 1 (HP 14/14; AC 20, Touch 12, Flatfooted 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7; Init +8; Perception +4; Channel Energy 5/5)

As the bandits dreamy expression gets drastically altered by Staryth's axe Marianne Marianne spins seeing the danger behind. One of the riders successfully readies some sort of flaming projectile and as he does so he leaves himself open...

The following assumes the AOO is a miss.

Seeing the fellow riding on unharmed flame still flickering she thrusts again feeling the sickening jolt as her blade cuts through flesh and jars against bone!

AOO Hero Point: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Bardic Music bonuses have finished right? Not included.

Glaive Hero Point: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Lighting a torch with a tindertwig, which I assume this is akin to provokes so Marianne's glaive should give her an aoo. If not I'll edit.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Please note this roll was the first I did and came out as an 11, obviously I should not put new rolls above old ones - thought that issue had been fixed.


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 21/ 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;

I've never used Hero points before. But , if I'm reading this right, I can use it for a +8 to a single roll? I'd like to use it for my next acrobatics if allowed.

Quote:
I may be en Elf, but I can be just as stubborn as my Dwarven comrades! Feel the steel of my blade you imbecile.

Staryth comments, "It's good you have aspirations, but don't aim the bar too high there, Gil, you'll hurt yerself." Staryth banters. It's a bit odd for him. He was always raised to believe battle was a serious business, but perhaps it keeps morale up.

Acrobatics roll, +8 Hero Point counted in if allowed, if not, just take the +8 off: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

His hammer swings at the would be arsonist again...
Or, if that guy is already down, he'll nail the next closest bandit in melee range
to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
dmg if that hit: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


male Halfling Bard 1[AC:15; FF:13; T:13 / F:+1, R:+5; W:+3/ Init: +2 / Perc: +6]

Semsing the effect of his music wearing off Fulito begins a new short tune to keep morale up. (should be no interuption of bardic music effect just trying to conserve uses as much as possible)

heres a little ditty I remember from a river race a few years ago.

He begins a song about the great cooperation of a dwarf and an elf in the the Outriders cup river boat race.

continuing to steer the cart on the road looking for the best oppurtunity to remove another rider.

driver check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
If a driver is in position fulito veers the wagon to trip up the rider and unseat him (or run him off the road 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

stats:

bardic music used: 4/8


Battle Crunch Part 1:

*Still waiting on Jeggrim and Damaran but the round is starting like this.
Bandit on wagon: Balance Check (dc10) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 *success* Melee atk on Staryth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 *hits* 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2damage.

Working from left to right:
Bandit ride check (dc10)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 *success* Ranged Atk on wagon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 for 1d6 ⇒ 5 damage (will take d6 damage per turn until someone puts it out with dc15 reflex check and a full round action)
Bandit ride check (dc10)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 *fail*
Bandit ride check (dc10)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 *success* Acrobatics check to light the wick (dc10)1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Bandit ride check (dc10)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 *fail*

Gilthanis failed ride check and must grasp reigns to maintain ride
Marianne AOO on the bomber misses. Attack hits for 13 damage. Who are you hitting? The bomber?
Staryth balance check is good. Swings hammer and misses
Fulito drive check good, hits guy beside the wagon

Andoran

Female Human Cleric 1 (HP 14/14; AC 20, Touch 12, Flatfooted 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7; Init +8; Perception +4; Channel Energy 5/5)

Yes hitting the bomber, and the AOO was a 15 if that makes any difference - bardic music was up.


The AOO still missed but your glaive attack darn near split em from neck to nuts. I may have you guys gimp Jeggrim and Damaran if they don't post by tomorrow.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 2
Spoiler:
HP 8/13 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

i can "p;ay" 1 or both if need be...up to u

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 2
Spoiler:
HP 8/13 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

Damaran if you want up to you DM :)

Seeing the wagon on fire, Damaran bursts into action to try and put the flames out before they engulf the wagon and themselves

Acrobatics check if needed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Yes, we may have to get you to play for them. Marianne, would you mind gimping for Jegg? Once we get an action in for Jegg I will recap the round. Things are starting to get interesting now with the wagon on fire and several more bombs headed your way!!!

Also, let me know if this new mapping system helps or not. Thanks for the tip Marianne. It will help to be able to see recent rounds.

Current Map

Andoran

Female Human Cleric 1 (HP 14/14; AC 20, Touch 12, Flatfooted 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7; Init +8; Perception +4; Channel Energy 5/5)

Jeggrim attempts to right himself and with a roar of fury launches himself at the bandits on the wagon's legs! But the wagon jounces him off to the side at just the wrong moment and he barely glances the fellows calf.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Grapple: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 4 = 6


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 21/ 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;

Let me know when I should go again. I admit to being a bit confused :)


The bandit on the wagon, half unconscious from the knock he took, takes a swipe at Staryth with his dagger and manages to find an opening in his armor and cuts him. Meanwhile, the bandit riding to the left manages to guide his horse up the side and he throws the lit bomb onto the wagon. It hits with a fiery explosion and the sticky orange liquid spreads as it catches fire. Damaran, seeing the danger, grabs one of the tarps from on top of the supplies you are carrying and pounces on the open flame and manages to put the fire out. The bandit behind him doesn't have as much success because as Fulito swerves the wagon he is caught off guard and he drops the match to light his readied bomb. One of the bandits in the rear does manage to get the wick lit.

Gilthanis tries to maneuver his horse into position for the upcoming rock but fails to guide the beast with his legs as the wagon swerves. He must quickly grasp the reigns and loses his opportunity to attack. Marianne swings her glaive in a wild cut and decapitates the on the side of the wagon, his body slumps and then falls off leaving the horse riderless. Staryth, with his strong dwarven footing, manages to keep his balance and he takes a swing at the bandit on the wagon but misses. Fulito manages to keep the wagon on the path and guide it towards the upcoming rock.

scoreboard:
The wagon has now taken 5 points of damage out of 90 and the bandits morale is down to 80/120.


Next Round:

The nearly dead bandit on the wagon takes another swing at Staryth with his dagger. Balance check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 *success* He makes a vicious cut at Staryth's face with the bloodied dagger in his hand 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 and misses.

The four bandits behind the wagon from left to right. The one marked with the orange dot has a lit bomb and will throw it. Marianne that will give you an AOO on him if he succeeds on his ride check.

Ride check (dc10) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Acrobatics check to light the wick (dc10)1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 *success*
Ride check (dc10) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Acrobatics check to light the wick (dc10)1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 *fail*
Ride check (dc10) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Throws bomb at the wagon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 *fail*
Ride check (dc10) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Acrobatics check to light the wick (dc10)1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 *fail*

Bandit on the right side Ride check (dc10) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Jumps on the wagon 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 *success*

Current Map

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 2
Spoiler:
HP 8/13 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

Damaran

DC 10 Balance check to stay up: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Attack on bandit in wagon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Crit confirmed :)

Critical Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 2 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 2
Spoiler:
HP 8/13 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

Me

By my father's wisdom, I cannot fail again! For the love of Erastil, guide my horse and my blade to strike the enemy true.

Ride check to not crash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Attack roll vs. enemy ON wagon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

301 to 350 of 360 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Game play thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.