Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Weekly Geeks - Revenge of the Kobald King Path (Inactive)

Game Master Krallek

Current Map
Crude Map


51 to 100 of 360 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Barbarian 1 (HP16 AC16/14, Fort+5, Ref+3, Will+2, Ini+4, Perception+6, Attack +5 or +3/+3, Dmg 1d3+4/1d3+2)

Haha indeed! I think I can teach ye ta cuss! Hahaha! Jeggrim bellows in laughter at the prospect. Ye're full 'o surprises Priesty! Jeggrim renews his laughter.

At the mention of dwarf females Jeggrim shifts uncomfortably. Well, uh, yeah. I suppose that would be right wouldn't it Staryth? Jeggrims eyes are wild now, Bah! I can't hid me thoughts any more 'an an orc can hide his smell! Meself has....never seen a dwarf lassie 'afore Priesty so I can't rightly tell ye about their beauty. Torag strike me down if this be blasphemy, but I can't tell ye that I wouldn't find a woman with a beard like me own very beautiful! Gah! ye've already managed ta back me in a corner Priesty. Some dwarf I is huh? In case ye haven't already noticed, I haven't spent much time with me own kin. Me mother dropped me in the forest when I was a young lad. I don't remember anything but her eyes. They was scared although I can't tell ye of what. I remember that much, but nothing more. I spent me youth among the bear cubs and wolf pups, huntin 'an livin like a feral child 'o the wilds. 'Till a band 'o hunters found me....Bah! ye don't wanna hear such boring tales. Ta answer yer question direct; I don't know what a dwarf woman looks like! And I don't rightly know if I'd be attracted ta her if I did! There ye have it! Jeggrim huffs and puffs indignantly, waiting for the inevitable onslaught of laughter and jokes his big mouth had opened the door for.

Edit: Staryth you ninja! Lol. Yeah but what you're making up is good stuff. I'm fairly sure that dwarf woman with beards went out with 2nd Edition. At least thats the last time I remember hearing about dwarf women having beards. In fact in the book "Demihuman Deities" there is some funny artwork of female dwarf priests with little beards! To be honest the artist did a good job of keeping them feminine despite this lol. Keep up the good work Staryth. That's the beauty of RP such as this; you can make stuff up and we can roll with it and create our own mythos as we go! Cheers!


Quinn's men are a quiet but fastidious lot. They quickly get the barge underway. And within the half hour you are moving slowly up the coastline. After about 10 miles or so they turn about and bring the bow of the ship to bear on the coastline and they head ashore at what can only be called 'ramming speed'. When the barge is 30 or so feet off the beach, one of the crewmen at the stern launches what looks to you like a giant crossbow straight down into the water. Attached to the bolt is a heavy anchor chain which is slowly fed line as the boat moves towards the beach. Each of you look in alarm at each other as you anticipate the barge lurching violently as the hull hits the sandy shore. However, nothing of the sort seems to happen. You feel a slight bump and the barge continues towards the beach with a bit of a rumble. A few feet from the shoreline the entire bow of the barge falls forward forming a ramp. Once the party, the wagons, and the horses are offloaded, you see what has happened. The hull of the barge, below the waterline, is completely covered in soft wheels that simply rolled up the beach once the barge struck land. The crewmen smile at you and say We often need to land ashore at places without a dock. Then he pulls up the bow and locks it in place and the winch at the back kicks into action pulling the barge back into the sea. The whole process is quick and seemingly effortless and only takes a few minutes. The barge turns about and quickly heads back the way you came without so much as a 'good bye'.

Gilthanas quickly hitches up the horses to the wagons and puts the saddle and tack on the riding horses and you are ready to start your journey. You notice the wagon is full of your 'wares' and tacked to the seat is a scroll case.


Male Human Magus/1 HP: 10/10 AC: 16 or 20 Initiative: +3 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +2

Damaran has sat in silence listening to the rest of the group socialize. Upon reaching the shore he helps the men offload the boat and finally mounts his own horse. I think we should probably scout the area a bit while the rest of you get underway with the wagon. Who's got sharp eyes that would like to accompany me? He then draws his rapier and digs his heels into his horse. The animal begins to run struggling in the sand as it makes its way up off the beach.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 1
Spoiler:
HP 8/8 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

Gilthanis raises a lil chucke and says , did you really just ask if an elf has keen eyes? Anyways I can scout ahead a lil but only after all the riding prepwork is done. If you don't mind waiting a moment I shall be ready.

Perception check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Andoran

Female Human Cleric 1 (HP 14/14; AC 20, Touch 12, Flatfooted 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7; Init +8; Perception +4; Channel Energy 5/5)

Marianne investigates the scroll case, looking unconvincingly stern as all sorts of exciting things happen with the clever smugglers barge.


Male Human Magus/1 HP: 10/10 AC: 16 or 20 Initiative: +3 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Elven:
The rest can get things situated. Lets make sure they don't get cut down by arrows before they can friend.
Damaran waits for Gilthanis, his horse turning in circles anxious to stretch its legs.

Andoran

Female Human Cleric 1 (HP 14/14; AC 20, Touch 12, Flatfooted 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7; Init +8; Perception +4; Channel Energy 5/5)

Marianne scowls as it turns out another pair of the group have a secret shared language, and says hopefully,

"Tuar dianonne ulmat priath Chelesteramal?"

Celestial:
"I don't suppose any of you speak Celestial?"


Male Human Magus/1 HP: 10/10 AC: 16 or 20 Initiative: +3 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +2

Damaran laughs catching on to the priestess's line of thought.
Nuk ka fat lady tim. Unë nuk e kuptoj çfarëdo qoftë ajo është të folurit tuaj.

Abyssal:
No luck my lady. I do not understand whatever it is your speaking.

and the fat lady tim thing just happens to be the translation for the language I chose lol


male Halfling Bard 1[AC:15; FF:13; T:13 / F:+1, R:+5; W:+3/ Init: +2 / Perc: +6]

this boat ride reminds me of my river boat days way back when I was a little lad. sure was fun then to

Fulito take in all the sights of the journey trying to recall his jouneys with Lilly. before all this trade war stuff.

As they continue on hey how bout a little tune to liven things up.

Fulito pulls out his shiney new harmonica which he had engraved and begins to play this tune

perform wind 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Male Human Magus/1 HP: 10/10 AC: 16 or 20 Initiative: +3 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +2

I rather enjoyed that.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 1
Spoiler:
HP 8/8 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

I am ready Damaran. Lets see what awaits us in the open field.


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;
Fulito Ferrywarden wrote:

this boat ride reminds me of my river boat days way back when I was a little lad. sure was fun then to

Fulito take in all the sights of the journey trying to recall his jouneys with Lilly. before all this trade war stuff.

As they continue on hey how bout a little tune to liven things up.

Fulito pulls out his shiney new harmonica which he had engraved and begins to play this tune

perform wind 1d20+11

"You have a gift," Staryth admits. "River boat eh? I don't think I could live like that. Water is kind of treacherous. Stone, that you can rely on."


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1 (HP16 AC16/14, Fort+5, Ref+3, Will+2, Ini+4, Perception+6, Attack +5 or +3/+3, Dmg 1d3+4/1d3+2)

Jegg taps his foot at the halflings tune, humming along.
Some trick the with the boat eh? I was certain we'd all be crushed to death ashore 'afore we even began on the road! Jeggrim does his best to maneuver his horse off the boat. Noting a few are heading off to scout the area he helps with getting the wagon sorted out.
What do ye got there Priesty?He says pointing at the scroll tube. He takes a moment to adjust the massive iron bands around his hands, cracking his knuckles I hope they do find somethin out there itchen fer a fight. Gods know I be itchen meself after bein couped up in the city as I were. I could use a good scrap ta loosin me joints Jegg laughs out loud, long and hard, for no apparent reason...

Oi cousin, when was the last time ye got ta put that hunk 'o steel ta use eh? Meself is interested in seein what a proper child 'o the smith can do in a fight!

Dude the fat lady thing is so funny. Brought me to tears lol!


Sorry that map took longer to make than anticipated

Marianne opens the scroll case and finds a sheet of parchment inside containing a crude map of the recommended path you should take.

Crude Map

Andoran

Female Human Cleric 1 (HP 14/14; AC 20, Touch 12, Flatfooted 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7; Init +8; Perception +4; Channel Energy 5/5)

"Right there's a map here it seems clear enough, are we ready to go? Do we need to wait for our scouts to return?" Marianne asks.

How many horses for the wagon? I'm assuming two and one free horse, but the scouts seem to have taken two.


Male Human Magus/1 HP: 10/10 AC: 16 or 20 Initiative: +3 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +2

I was under the assumption we had purchased enough horses. If not that leaves three people in the wagon...


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;

Staryth eyes the map if Marianne allows, "Looks like this path takes us by a town called Carpenden? I wonder how big it is?"


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1 (HP16 AC16/14, Fort+5, Ref+3, Will+2, Ini+4, Perception+6, Attack +5 or +3/+3, Dmg 1d3+4/1d3+2)

[ooc]Have I been suddenly just talking to myself? Lol. I was sure someone would comment on Jegg having never met a dwarf women before...I'm honestly surprised![/b]

Well times a wastin! Lets get our hairy arses movin! Jeggrim maneuvers his horse ahead of the wagon whispering in its ear, Its time fer us to get truly acquainted Thunderhoof. Yah! Yah! Jeggrim spurs the horse to a fast gallop, testing himself and the horse. Lacking any formal experience on horse back here is a roll just for fun. I'm thinking maybe 8 or less and Jegg falls, 9-12 and things go ok, and 13+ Jegg and Thunderhoof kind of bond. 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 haha wow nice roll!

You see Jeggrim deftly maneuvering his horse, breaking into a full out run, kicking up sand and pebbles with each roar of a hoof, splashing through the waves lapping at the shore. Jeggrim is crouched low in the saddle, his long, thick plait flying wildly behind him, whipping in the breeze. He yanks on the reigns and brings his horse in a tight turn, thundering back toward the wagon. His face is a mask of pure glee at it all. Hooting and hollering and laughing he pulls up deftly beside the wagon, still beside himself with pleasure.

Hey cousin! I've decided I love these horses! The speed! The freedom! The wind in yer beard! I think me 'an this beast 'ave hit it off quite well. Ye see the way he responded ta me? I've givin him a name, I hear all the humans do this; Thunderhoof! What do ya think 'o that? Jegg breaths in deep. Ah its good ta be out 'o that town again!

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 1
Spoiler:
HP 8/8 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

Gilthanis would suggest that we dont scout beyond 120 .otherwise he is ready to scout for any hazards up ahead.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Can I get a knowledge local check please?

roll > 12:
Carpenden is a fairly big town of over 10,000 people; almost exclusively human.

roll > 16:
You suspect that it is far enough out of the way to be on the periphery of this dispute.

roll > 20:
It is also the home of a fairly powerful military and a great source of local wines and olive oil.

Edit: ok that map is really bugging me. I will remake it tomorrow.


male Halfling Bard 1[AC:15; FF:13; T:13 / F:+1, R:+5; W:+3/ Init: +2 / Perc: +6]

Fulito hops up on the wagon to get a better view of the surroundings and Jeggrim get aquainted with his horse.

Way to go never knew dwarves wre so ahhh.. equestrian

fulito cheers on the dwarf and his riding ability.

He then settles in on the wagon ready to begin the journey.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1 (HP16 AC16/14, Fort+5, Ref+3, Will+2, Ini+4, Perception+6, Attack +5 or +3/+3, Dmg 1d3+4/1d3+2)

Knowledge Local1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Thank ye little hair-foot. I meself was pretty unsure as well! I do know me kin don't have a reputation fer being good riders, but I'm not fer seein why! This...this is fun! Perhaps ye can compose a tune about it! Jeggrim laughs at the thought. Thank ye fer yer kind words. Meself is pretty proud 'o this

Edit: Dang it missed the DC by one!


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;
Quote:
Hey cousin! I've decided I love these horses! The speed! The freedom! The wind in yer beard! I think me 'an this beast 'ave hit it off quite well. Ye see the way he responded ta me? I've givin him a name, I hear all the humans do this; Thunderhoof! What do ya think 'o that? [/B]Jegg breaths in deep. Ah its good ta be out 'o that town again!

"I think you're better with animals than I am," Staryth responds matter of factly though he is glad to see Jeggrim in high spirits, and is most impressed at his skills with the creature.


male Halfling Bard 1[AC:15; FF:13; T:13 / F:+1, R:+5; W:+3/ Init: +2 / Perc: +6]

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 (+2 more if it involves local music scene)

Wait did someone mention Carpenden? The have got the best wine, well the best I have ever had. all local ya know, yes I remember meeting a fellow there once endded up writing a little tune about him.

he pauses a moment to recollect the tune
casts summon instrument to get a guitar

ahh now i remember it, goes somthing like this


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;

"Well, a drinking town sounds promising, maybe folks will be too busy enjoying the wine to give us a hard time," Staryth says straightfaced.

Andoran

Female Human Cleric 1 (HP 14/14; AC 20, Touch 12, Flatfooted 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7; Init +8; Perception +4; Channel Energy 5/5)

Marianne chuckles, tapping a hand on her thigh in time to the music, and waiting until Jeggrim is out of earshot on his new steed,

"Yes because drunks are so genial, I think there's a sense of humor under that beard hey Staryth honey? Its, um, how can Jeggrim never have seen a dwarven women though? That's odd, and a little sad, I mean it must make things tough how's he ever going to find love? Can dwarves and humans, interact like that, I've never really thought of it, I mean we are not too disimilar, maybe we could find him a nice short chunky farm girl? I wonder if he has ever..." She muses, before adding,

"Priestess of love here," defensively.

After any responses to that.

"Do you know any of the songs of Shelyn Fulito, they're not so much hymns as love songs for the most part. I've not got a great voice, but this is one of my favorites..."

True Loves Kiss

Perform Singing: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

"Oh dear, I really murdered that, Sister Genissa sings it a hundred times better," she says flushing scarlet and pulling her hair round to cover her face.


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;
Quote:

"Yes because drunks are so genial, I think there's a sense of humor under that beard hey Staryth honey? Its, um, how can Jeggrim never have seen a dwarven women though? That's odd, and a little sad, I mean it must make things tough how's he ever going to find love? Can dwarves and humans, interact like that, I've never really thought of it, I mean we are not too disimilar, maybe we could find him a nice short chunky farm girl? I wonder if he has ever..." She muses, before adding,

"Priestess of love here," defensively.

Staryth is definitely blushing By the gods, humans are direct... not diplomatic and discrete like we dwarves at all. Irony alert ;)

"Many dwarven lasses remain closer to the hearth, most hearths are within the Five Kings Mountains, or in some other dwarven enclaves. Now there are exceptions, and the ladies aren't prisoners... but it would explain why you'll see four dwarven men for every one dwarven woman you see top side." he coughs into his hand, "As for ...compatibility. Things err... interlock just fine. No offspring would result, that i know of from a..." His blush grows furious. "Nine hells. You know what I mean."

The song is a welcome change of subject.

Quote:
"Oh dear, I really murdered that, Sister Genissa sings it a hundred times better," she says flushing scarlet and pulling her hair round to cover her face.

"Ah, it was fine. Not as good as you'd like, but I've heard far worse. Got a cousin who when he sings it sounds like someone is murdering crows."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 1
Spoiler:
HP 8/8 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

To Jeggrim, Erastil is the god of nature while Desna is the goddess of travel. I find it only appropriate they guide us on our journey ahead of us.

Gilthanis would shudder at the prospect of a dwarf and a human getting frisky...eeewwww lol


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;

That's because elves want the human women all for themselves!

Staryth listens to Gilthanis' commentary of gods, as always intrigued by the subject of gods he hasn't heard of yet.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 1
Spoiler:
HP 8/8 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

only the mean barbarian elves lol


Was it just me or was Paizo down all day for maintenance?

Perception:
Staryth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damaran: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Fulito: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Marianne: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Gilthanis: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Jeggrim: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Your journey north was relatively uneventful. For most of the first 4 days you are able to see and avoid the patrols without incident. Near the middle of the 4th day, you reach the forest to the south of Carpenden and you let up your guard a bit as the trees provide some extra coverage.

Perception:
Staryth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damaran: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Fulito: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Marianne: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Gilthanis: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Jeggrim: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

At some point during the day Jeggrim makes you all aware that he believes you are being followed but he cant quite make out who or from where. Each of you is on high alert but you don't see much else. After a few hours of this you end up coming to a small river and in the middle of the river is a wagon much like your own. The owner of the wagon is a pudgy friendly faced man in a brown robe and he is desperately trying to encourage the horses to pull the wagon from the river.

Map


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1 (HP16 AC16/14, Fort+5, Ref+3, Will+2, Ini+4, Perception+6, Attack +5 or +3/+3, Dmg 1d3+4/1d3+2)

I typed up a post earlier today, went to post it and...got the site was down. Been down all day for me up until about 5 mins ago...very frustrating! Lol all seems ok now at least.

Jeggrim squints trying to make heads or tails of the pudgy faced man in the wagon Ho there! What's the meanin 'o this? Look like yer havin a hell 'o a time!

To the party What should we do? Ourselves are on a tight schedule...He lets that hang in the air, his meaning obvious.


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;

It wasn't just you guys. It was down for maintenance for a good eight plus hours I think.

"We help, of course. It's the decent thing to do. But we don't do it stupid. Half of us help the fellow with the horses, yet at the same time we keep some here near the goods in case we ARE being followed. Who's best with rivers & horses or what not?"


The man gives a bit of a start when you call out. He quickly looks in your direction and then calls out um yes some help would be wonderful thank you


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1 (HP16 AC16/14, Fort+5, Ref+3, Will+2, Ini+4, Perception+6, Attack +5 or +3/+3, Dmg 1d3+4/1d3+2)

Can we toss him a rope? Will that even help? I'm thinking we can toss a few ropes and have him fashion them to his horses barding or his wagon and we can use a couple of our horses to yank him out.


male Halfling Bard 1[AC:15; FF:13; T:13 / F:+1, R:+5; W:+3/ Init: +2 / Perc: +6]

site down and now I can't see the map (just my computer) will have to switch computers later

There is no doubt we must give this man a push or pull.

Fulito surveys the situation for what could possibly be the cuase of the trouble keeping that feeling of being followed ever since Jeggrim pointed it out.

Perception of the situation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Knowledge Geography about the river and surrounding terrain 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


For Fulito:
Well with that know geography check you can't tell much other than the river is wet. However, while you are thinking about the area you hear the crack of a twig off in the bushes to your right. That would be the group of trees just above your current position on the map.

Pudgy faced man: You see my wheel is a bit stuck in the soft bottom of the river bed. A boost out would be very helpful.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Cleric 1
Spoiler:
HP 8/8 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | Init +5 | Percep +4 | F +3 | R +4 | W +5

Sense motive the man to make sure it is not a trap. Knowledge geography to know if the river is suitable to cause a cart to get stuck. Perception to know of my surroundings because of Jeggrim saying something/someone was following us.

Sense 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Geography 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;

Staryth calls out, "Do you have any rope there, stranger? Maybe we can tie one end to your cart, and another to a horse or two up here. Give a bit more 'umph'"


male Halfling Bard 1[AC:15; FF:13; T:13 / F:+1, R:+5; W:+3/ Init: +2 / Perc: +6]

Ya know I remember back home we met a dwarf that had a similar problem what was it he said that helped?

Fulito ponder a bit

ahhh now I remember...

in Dwarven:

He said can you get me out of this mess, the horse hit a twig and it snapped off to the right somewhere near some bushes. strange how they put twigs in the darndest places

tried to relay the message in a little bit of code in case the person speaks dwarven... bluff for secret message 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1 (HP16 AC16/14, Fort+5, Ref+3, Will+2, Ini+4, Perception+6, Attack +5 or +3/+3, Dmg 1d3+4/1d3+2)

Dwarven:
Gotcha there Fulito.

Jeggrim dismounts, trying to look as "casual" as he can, cracking his knuckles loudly. He moves a step closer to the bushes...Moves to T-14

What are ye doin out there anyways ye dolt? Seems ta me fjordin here ain't such a good idea! Like me cousin said, toss us a bit 'o line and we'll get ye hauled out quick as a orc is ugly! Although Jeggrim is bellowing, he looks towards the bushes with the corner of his eye.

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

He tries to look helpful, but readies himself just in case there is more going on than it first seemed.

Andoran

Female Human Cleric 1 (HP 14/14; AC 20, Touch 12, Flatfooted 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7; Init +8; Perception +4; Channel Energy 5/5)

Marianne frowns at the man,

"It seems awfully dangerous to be travelling these roads alone, with times being what they are. You aren't part of some elaborate ruse to ambush travellers are you?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


male Halfling Bard 1[AC:15; FF:13; T:13 / F:+1, R:+5; W:+3/ Init: +2 / Perc: +6]

suddenly it dawns on Fulito that Marianne has not quite learned dwarven language yet.

so fulito whispers to her and making motions as if trying to show her where to attach the ropes and help the stranded wagon.

to marianne:

I heard something over in the brush this could possibly be a trap act like I am explianing the stuck wagon


Male Human Magus/1 HP: 10/10 AC: 16 or 20 Initiative: +3 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +2

Noooo lol If only I could have posted. Total ambush site. Water screws our movement. Catch the party split up on the bank. The guy or people in the river will tie someone up in the middle. Bad scenario.

We need to cross and have two people only attach our horses on the side of the river he is going and pull him out. Then only two of us are cut off. IMHO


Oh and if there is trouble the two that are cut off should retreat back to the party asap and whoever is not engaged on the other shore can harry the attackers via missile weapons.


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;

The black bearded dwarf hears Fuilto's warning and raises a brow, and Marriane's bold blunt question certainly clinches his suspicions. And they say dwarves are direct. Something funny here, this is a bad place for an ambush, like being in a ravine

Another perception if it helps: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Gilthanis:
You can't detect anything unusual about his behaviour or motives. He seems legitimately stuck. You do know that this is a popular crossing point for the little traffic headed north so its not uncommon to see a cart here and it is very possible to get stuck on a rock or the softer bottom. You don't notice anything else.

To Jeggrim's and Marrianne's statements, I don't have any rope left. It broke on me earlier as I tried to pull myself out. I wasn't alone, I sent my guard ahead to town to find some help. Look, it won't take but a moment. Please, toss me a rope and we can get this thing righted. You don't notice anything unusual.

Marriane:
Something smells fishy to you but you cant quite put your finger on it.

To Damaran, communication like that has to happen in game. You cannot issue warnings to others in ooc ... unless you have telepathic powers of some sort lol.

Staryth:
You catch sight of some movement off to the bushes to your right.

Map is updated and I put it up top.


Male Human Paladin 3; HP 28; AC 15(tch 10,FL15);F+7,R+3,+ W+6;Init+0; Perc +1;

Seeing the movement, Staryth loads up his crossbow, and points it at the bush's general direction. "Come out, with your hands up! I know you're there!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Gonna feel damn stupid if a chipmunk trots out.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1 (HP16 AC16/14, Fort+5, Ref+3, Will+2, Ini+4, Perception+6, Attack +5 or +3/+3, Dmg 1d3+4/1d3+2)

Taking Staryth's lead well I guess the subtleties are out the widow! Good! I get tired of all that hahahaThat right ye filthy sneaks! Come out and show yeselve. Trust me, ye don't want me comin in and draggin yer arses out meself...they might come out without ye attached ta the other end! Jeggrim bellows his threat.

Intimidate1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


The funny thing is Staryth, with that roll even if it WAS a chipmunk you wouldn't intimidate it!! :) Jeggrim, that would have given you an intimidate but they feel they have the advantage so I set the dc higher than that.

From off to the right you hear some muttering and then a heated reply and then slowly, through the trees, you see two figures come into view. Each has a bow trained on you. Then the pudgy faced man in the water replies Ahh good sir Dwarf, I fear the ruse has been exposed. However, it is YOU who should put your hands up. You are surrounded my good fellow. Drop your weapons and lets have a look at what you have in that fine looking wagon of yours. As he says this you see a second figure climb out of the back of the wagon and to your left you see two more figures approach.

I will update the map at lunch today. Should be about 1.5 hrs or so


Male Dwarf Barbarian 1 (HP16 AC16/14, Fort+5, Ref+3, Will+2, Ini+4, Perception+6, Attack +5 or +3/+3, Dmg 1d3+4/1d3+2)

Big mistake ye stupid orc-lovin filth! I'll enjoy rippin yer lyin tongue straight outta that stupid skull 'o yers! Jeggrim booms as he scrapes his feet into the soil much like a bull about to charge. His eyes are wild and he begins laughing like a psychopath

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHA! Meself was needin a few skulls to beat in 'an a few bone ta break! Thank ye fer the chance ye devil tongued son of an ogre! Hahaha! Ye just made me day! Jeggrim continues digging his feet into the soil, his muscles tensing for the charge, all the while laughing and hollering.

51 to 100 of 360 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Game play thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.