Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

We Who Are About To Die... (Inactive)

Game Master Doomed Hero

Gladiators Wanted! Come one, come all, risk your life for wealth, glory and the entertainment of the masses. Newcomers always welcome!


51 to 100 of 788 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 29/29; CMD 21/17; AC 20/14/16 F:+6 R:+3 W:-3

The Orc grinned as another blow glanced off his ugly green noggin.

"Welcome to my world monkey."

stats:

HP -4/17
AC 12
Fort: +7 Reflex: +3 Will: -1
Effects: rage, ferocity


"So what are you going to do to me, or are you going to beg for your miserable life?"

Cheliax

Lorth Blood-Seer wrote:
Lorth sat idly in the stands, jerkin smoothed and moustache immaculately tarred so as to prevent stray hairs from wandering. A contented look upon his portly face he watched the match as it unfolded.

Are you interested in a wager? asked Severus of the halfling.

Choose which of the present participants will win this little contest.


HP 14/20, AC 17 T 17 FF 10, CMD 23, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +5,
Big Blue wrote:

"I hear lots of chatter!" the blue ogre barked. "Sounds to me like a bunch of people saying "I want someone to hit me with a stick!" You lot, fight!"

Kicking half the pile of practice weapons toward the crowd of onlookers, the big ogre glared while the flying weapons caused people to duck and scramble.

As the practice weapons flew by, Ryujin just ignored them. He looked and saw that Jaboo had already grabbed a weapon. He slid over to Jaboo to knock him to the ground.

Status:

HP 11/11
AC 15
Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +5
Effects: None


Move to Jaboo and make a trip attempt

Action:

Going to put all my actions here for my turn

Trip Attempt 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

If Target is Prone: A prone attacker has a –4 penalty on melee attack rolls and takes a –4 penalty to AC against melee attacks

Vicious Stomp if Tripped - Unarmed Attack - AoO 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Profile not in use

Responding to Severus
Lorth's head swivelled at the base of his neck, hands not moving from their position atop his paunch. As he spoke the words came out almost clipped with precision "While the offer is flattering good sir, I do not gamble. I am Lorth... and you?"


Ninja 8
Stats:
Init +5, Perc +11 // HP = 53/53 // AC:20, T:16, F:15 // F +3, R +12, W +2 // CMB +8 / CMD +23 // Speed 30'

As the bald man moved towards him...well glide would be a better description; Joboo got excited and had began to drool at the thought of crushing his skull with his club. When he came within reach the little gobbo unleashed the club that he had drawn back with both grimy hands.

Action:

Club Attack - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Damage - 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Stats:

HP = 10/10
AC = 15
Fort 1 - Reflex 6 - Will 0
Effects - Prone

As he felt the satisfying thud of the club hitting he also felt his world getting turned upside down as he feet went out from under him. Which was a slightly enjoyable sensation.

Cheliax

Too bad you don't gamble, Lorth. I am Severus.

Are you familiar with the customs of this place?


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Theos, please check the discussion thread


What the-

The big blue ogre watched the small robed man charge across the sands and kick at the already engaged orc. His eyeridge lifted in amused shock and he chuckled.

"Alright, this is turning into one hell of a clusterf&~@. The lot of you, knock it off."

Looking at the swirling melee that all but ignored him he yelled "I said STOP!"

Reaching into an enormous pocket Big Blue suddenly tossed a mellon-sized rock into the chaos and quickly plugged his ears.

Zib had enough time to vaguely register that it looked a lot like a thunderstone, only much, much bigger, before the sound and the blast knocked him reeling.

All around would be gladiators lay on the ground wide-eyed and dazed.

Spoiler:
None of you can make this Fort Save (I did check). You are all dazed and deafened for one round. DC 23 Reflex save or be prone as well.


As their hearing slowly returned to them, the warriors heard the ogre saying

"...trust I now have full attention from each of you."


Male Gnome Alchemist(Grenadier) 1

"What did you say big guy?" said Zib as he picked at his ringing ears. As his senses returned to him a look of excited curiosity sprang across his face"If you dont mind I would like the formula for such a enormous thunderstone, I may be able to add some quality's, such a flash of light or maybe adding a concussive blast. Adding fire couldn't hurt either...maybe if...' Zib continued with more ideas becoming increasingly complex, more to himself then anyone else...he soon became enveloped in his own little world.


Spoiler:
Intimidate 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (18) + 28 = 46

"Shut up."


Male Gnome Alchemist(Grenadier) 1

Zibs excited rambling quickly faded into a quiet incoherent mumble.


HP 29/29; CMD 21/17; AC 20/14/16 F:+6 R:+3 W:-3

Spoiler:
Reflex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 (NOW I get a good roll?)

Gwrrr'rrr managed to keep his footing, but only for a few seconds. Resignation set in as he realized he wouldn't get the chance to squish the latest arrival before...THUD

zzzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzz

Spoiler:
[ooc]HP -4/17
AC 5
Fort: +5 Reflex: -5 Will: -3
Effects: fatigued, unconcious

Unfortunately the daze stopped me from oneshotting the new guy before my one round of ferocity ran out and my wounds sent me unconscious. Also fatigued for 4 rounds total.

The Orc dreamed of Halflings, medium-rare.


Profile not in use

Lorth's lips had just parted to proffer an acknowledgement of Severus' greeting when the arena exploded. Rocked back into his seat by the shockwave, his attention is most efficiently garnered.

Cheliax

Severus raised his shield to avoid the worst of the blast.


Male Half-Orc Paladin 1

"Now this is ENTERTAINMENT!" shouted Samson suddenly coming to, he managed to draw his oddly shapened Longsword and Steel Shield to prepare for any errant challengers.

Stats:

HP = 12/12
AC = 19
Fort 4 - Reflex 2 - Will 3
Effects - None


Looking at the half-orc, Big Blue glared. "So you stand there like a virgin on her wedding night when I throw sticks at you and tell you to defend yourself, but as soon as it's over you draw steel and start yelling? Oh yeah, you'll last a long time. I swear, you slags get dumber every season. Now put that blade away or I'll feed it to you."


Male Half-Orc Paladin 1

"I'm here for sport, no need to get my self dirty before a REAL match, these fools give up all of their tricks now, I wish to keep mine."

The Half-Orc Samson revered the Ogre and thought best to not defy him. He then deftly sheathed his sword.

Samson was wearing a single steel breastplate, ornate and trimmed with gold, the rest of his attire was rather ragged, and didn't match much at all. Standing in the arena however, he stood with a sense of purpose, intensity in his eyes. His gray skin was rather dull, and not your typical bright green orc flesh.


Kids always want to be mysterious..." the ogre sighed.

"Ok, we're going to try this again. You lot, get over there, drag that orc out of the way and use this on him." he said, throwing a wand onto the unconcious orc.

"You." he said pointing to the robed figure who had jumped the orc earlier. "Since you're eager to fight, you get to. You and you," he said to a mustached halfling and a grizzled looking human that hadn't picked up a weapon yet, "Get out here and get to it."


Male Elf Magus 2

so I didn't see any Init rolls, so I guess I'll just play it as it goes

Tomas is pushed by one of the guards into the arena. The dirt stained scholar picks up a a stick as big as his large bastard sword and readies his stance. He scans around the area to check if he knows anyone around. A glimmer of hope shines in his eyes as he feels lucky.

stats:
HP 9/9
AC16, T11, FF15
Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3
Effects: Archaeologist's Luck (disactivate after one round for Lingering Performance)

actions:
Move Action= Wield: Stick
Free Action: Knowledge (Local) Roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Swift Action: Activate Achaeologist's Luck
Skip: Standard Action
Position: 19D


Profile not in use

Lorth stood in place, then took a few moments to smooth the creases from his jerkin before he offered a cursory bow of acknowledgement to the ogre. He then span in place on one heel and moved with purpose to the staging area of the arena.

Tens of seconds later Lorth moved onto the arena floor and picked up a greatclub before he stood where the ogre bade him to. When the time came for combat he took a momentary guard and took in his two opponents. Lorth padded warily forward and took a conservative stance to protect himself. He called out "Righto chaps, lets keep this clean"

Round 1 Summary:
HP 12/12, AC 15/15/11, CMD 15
Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +2
Effects: No armor (included in stats above), total defence action for +4 AC (making AC 19/19/15 until Round 2).
Actions: move action to J,16; standard to take total defence action


Male Drow Noble Dawnflower Dervish (Bard) 1

dice:
Reflex Save1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Chessna'ra was hit by the blast in mid-air, and the effect was rather surreal. The dark elf seemed as he had been struck by an explosion underwater, his body being driven by the force of the thunderous cacophony with added effect due to his weightlessness. Chess was blasted forward, his expression momentarily devoid of character and light before a life returned to his white orbs and ebony skin, and he landed on the ground with such grace and matter of fact attitude that it appeared as if he'd orchestrated the blast himself.
Interesting... The drow briefly pondered the battle and it's combatants as he took in his surroundings and observed the ogre, before setting off on his next task.


Male Drow Noble Dawnflower Dervish (Bard) 1

Action:
Chess will use levitate on Gwrr, counting him as a willing subject since he is unconscious (I think I can do that) and drag his now weightless self over to square 15B but not before grabbing the wand and attempting to identify it with a spellcraft check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 My god, I wish I could roll like this all the time!

Chess strode over to the snoring orc, and placed a hand on the large brute's collar. The dark elf closed his eyes for a moment before pulling his hand up, and quite suprisingly, the orc as well. The towering snoring creature floated gently up and down in the drow's hand, which was already dragging him over to the edge of the arena, away from the fresh fight. The drow's other hand had deftly grabbed the wand on top of the creature and held it up to the light as he moved, trying to understand it's magic.

The dark elf winked at the Samson as he passed, a broad grin on his face for a fraction of a second, but then it was gone, replaced with a cool drow demeanor.


Male Drow Noble Dawnflower Dervish (Bard) 1

Severus:
I think you may want to read the above page, you got ninja'd a while back in the sense that the fight you were in ended when what I suspect is our friendly neighborhood ogre mage interupted us.

Cheliax

Chessna'ra wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Chessna'ra

Spoiler:
Thanks. After reading the OOC thread it appears that I still am not part of any fight.

Big Blue

Spoiler:
Am I part of this latest fight? As the OOC thread suggests otherwise....


Ninja 8
Stats:
Init +5, Perc +11 // HP = 53/53 // AC:20, T:16, F:15 // F +3, R +12, W +2 // CMB +8 / CMD +23 // Speed 30'

JOboo had stared with amazement at the monk's descending foot that came right for his head. He wondered idly if his skull would squish or crack.

"Hehehe....hohoho..."

But before his question could be answered a thunderous book shook the whole arena and Ryujin's foot disappeared. Joboo felt himself lift up off of the ground where he was already lying and then fall back down again before things went a little hazy.

"Ooh...whosa put bells in my head?..."


(HP 16/16, AC 12 CMD 12, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +5)

Game info:
HP 9/9
AC 12
Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +4
Effects: none
Ammo (x-bow): /


No action yet
Reflex Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Melashara fell to the ground, scowling. She looked at the woman next to her, awaiting a response but unable to hear anything.


status:

HP 13/13
AC 18
Fort +3
Ref +5
Will +6/+7 vs. fear


Male Gnome Alchemist(Grenadier) 1

Zib sat up against the wall, somewhat disappointed that he could not test his bombs. He lost interest with the fight and turned to his vials as his mutated form returned to normal, mixing this and that together. He then started the process to create a new mutagen for the next inevitable fight. Anyone nearby would hear his nearly incoherent ramblings to himself as he worked.


Male Human Samurai 1 (Order of Cockatrice)

Zgyjhu looked at the pile of weapons and grabbed the club one. This way he figured he would use his shield.
The host certainly liked to make an entrance with the bombs and dazing everyone.
Zgyjhu found his starting place, gave a short bow to his competitors, "let the fight begin, I'm taking care of mustache first". Zgyjhu charges Lorth

Attack

Spoiler:

Charge adds +2 hit, Power attack minus 1 hit
hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

round 1 summary

Spoiler:

HP 13/13, AC 12, Touch 10, FF 10, CMD 17
Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +1
Effects: Charge -2 AC, no Armor (included in stats).
Actions: Charge Lothar


HP 14/20, AC 17 T 17 FF 10, CMD 23, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +5,

Spoiler:
Reflex Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

status:

HP 6/11
AC 16
Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +5
Effects: none



Ryujin was knocked down from the blast
Initiative
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Theos charged Chancy the camel attempting to drive his knee into his flank.

Spoiler:
unarmed attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 unarmed damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


F human 1 gunslinger

looking at Melashara

id just wait a moment. Big blue looks rather pissy today...


"Ryujin do you want to form an Alliance?" asked Theos.


Male Half-Orc Paladin 1

As Samson saw the other gladiators begin their fight, he thought he might try to figure out who he can trust. Samson proceeded to shuffle around the Drow 'Chess' "That one's a no brainer." he thought to himself.

Samson then stared to the large group of gladiators and entered a trance-like state. He was holding out a small rock with a strange symbol carved on it and began mumbling to himself in his native language when suddenly his eyes glazed over.

Actions:

Move Action= From 12F to 11E
Free Action: Nothing
Swift Action:
Standard Action: Detect Evil towards ZB 30ft Cone
Position: 11E

Samson will continue to Detect Evil for 3 full rounds if uninterrupted.


Theos Imarion wrote:
Theos charged Chancy the camel attempting to drive his knee into his flank.

"The fight's over here, smart guy! Leave the camel out of it."


"Fine, sorry big guy."


"You know what, no. Sorry. I'm just not in the mood for this today. Get out of my arena."

Big Blue shook his head, and watched the fight continue between the other two.


"You there," Big Blue said pointing at Severus, "Take his place. One on one matches are boring."


HP 29/29; CMD 21/17; AC 20/14/16 F:+6 R:+3 W:-3

"Gwrrr'rrr?" mumbled the Orc, confused by seeing Chessna'ra now healing him.

"Good fight dark one. Trick me good."

Gwrrr'rrr stood and dusted himself off, and started walking around collecting a large handful of clubs. When he had 8 of them tucked under his arm, he returned to Chessna'ra, and whispered, "now gwrrr'rrr ready for round 2. who we fight next?"

stats:
HP 15/15
AC 14
Fort +5 Ref +3 Will -3
Effects: none

Cheliax

Status

Spoiler:
HP 12/12
AC 14 (without shield), armed with club
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +0
Initiative 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Aye! responded Severus to Big Blue's invitation.

Severus walked into the sands of the arena. I feel naked without my shield.

Severus assumed a defensive stance, which presented a narrow profile and hid his weapon from the sight of his opponent.

Come.

For DM

Spoiler:

Severus will be taking total defense this round.


Male Gnome Alchemist(Grenadier) 1

Having used his alchemy kit, Zib set up a makeshift lab in order to let his new mutagen start to brew. Satisfied, He got dusted himself of off, stuck a few vials into his pocket and walked away from the wall to watch the match.


Profile not in use

Despite Lorth's attempt at defense, the human's club wove through and landed a heavy blow against his side. Breath forced from his lungs Lorth staggered as he regained his balance.

Looking up at the human with a neutral expression the halfling turned from defense to attack. Legs planted in a wide stance in the sand, Lorth's greatclub arced in a wide upward swing aimed at Zgyjhu's midriff...

Round 2 Summary:
HP 3/12, AC 15/15/11, CMD 15
Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +2
Effects: No armor (included in stats above).
Actions: standard to strike back at Zgyjhu
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Drow Noble Dawnflower Dervish (Bard) 1

"Well my large friend, it seems as if the blue ogre is in charge. You could always ask him, but..." Chess's words dwindle off thoughtfully. "Right then. I'll see you in the arena, fight well, large one." The dark elf strides over to Big Blue and extends the wand out to him, his attention partially on the ogre and partially on the fight. There is no bravado or charm, nor any reverence or fear, just simple action.


Male Human Samurai 1 (Order of Cockatrice)

Zgyjhu had made a dent in his foe, but his balance was off and Lorth's club swung a hit him right in the chin...
For a few seconds, Zgyjhu saw stars but he regained his composure.
"Good one friend, I never saw that coming. Without my armor I'm as armored as a fish out of water. Ho ho ho! Now it is my turn."
Zgyjhu winds up his swing 2 handed and strikes at Lothar defensively.

Round 2 Summary

Spoiler:

HP 8/13, AC 13, Touch 13, FF 10, CMD 17
Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +1
Effects: No, Shield, no Armor (included in stats).
Actions: Strike Lothar, combat expertise (-1 hit, +1 AC)
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Profile not in use

Despite landing a blow of his own, Lorth's victory is short lived as the return strike glances off his shoulder and clips his head. He gasped and then crumpled into a dishevelled pile upon the ground.

Status:
-9/12 HP


"Well, it certainly has been an exciting day so far," the floating gnome said to his crystal. "So far we've seen some impressive tricks, and one expulsion. It looks like the victor of this latest fight has another fighter waiting for him. Our victor here is pretty banged up, he'll need luck and skill to deal with a fresh combatant. Let's see how he does."

Spoiler:
Severus it is your action. I'm ruling that you went defensive on round 1, and no one attacked you, so your action was lost. Zyg has already taken his round 2 action, so you're up.


Male Gnome Alchemist(Grenadier) 1

Zib walked up to the large blue orge, a smile caught somewhere between wickedness and childhood excitement, "Sir, would I be allowed to test the reaction times of the currently fighting contestants? For purely academic reasons of course..."


"Maybe after they're done."

51 to 100 of 788 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / We Who Are About To Die... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.