Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


We Who Are About To Die... (Inactive)

Game Master Doomed Hero

Gladiators Wanted! Come one, come all, risk your life for wealth, glory and the entertainment of the masses. Newcomers always welcome!


701 to 750 of 1,839 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Male Elf Alchemist (Clone Master/Preservationist)

Whew sorry for disappearing guys, leg got caught in a bear trap and had to chew it off and all that nonsense. It seems Zar'Zan got my move right anyway. Thanks!


Male Duergar Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 1

No problem. Though I need to post something really quickly for your character from my character.


Male Dwarf Ranger/1

Durgen is rebuilt :P


Male Elf Alchemist (Clone Master/Preservationist)

You have plenty of time heh. Still catching up on the gameplay thread


HP 22/22, AC 17/11 T/16 FF, CMD 16, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +6

does zarzan even have a weapon? id hate to see that true strike go to waste. especially cause you are on my team. :)


Male Duergar Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 1

He has weapons, he is just finding a longsword is currently the weapon of choice.


Male Elf Alchemist (Clone Master/Preservationist)

What action would it be to hand it off?


Male Duergar Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 1

To be honest, as long as you don't move away from him, he kind of plans to use a move action to draw it from your sheath if DM Doomed will allow it.


Male Duergar Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 1

Oh and don't forget, he said to get ready to drive...


Male Drow Noble Dawnflower Dervish (Bard) 1

@Loric: I think you get a minus 2 penalty to hit with ranged weapons because of the wind, though I could be wrong.


Male Drow Noble Dawnflower Dervish (Bard) 1

Also, I edited my driving course to try and angle towards the next orb with out causing too much danger for the sled. I think Chess would try and capitalize on the advantage, having figured it out.
Another question. Would I be able to hear Loric before we see each other, what with his shouting and all? Chess might play his next turn a bit differently if he had the chance to throw insult or injury at the man.


HP 22/22, AC 17/11 T/16 FF, CMD 16, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +6
Chessna'ra wrote:
@Loric: I think you get a minus 2 penalty to hit with ranged weapons because of the wind, though I could be wrong.

naw, dm dh said it works like concealment (miss chance). range penalties are doubled, but 40 ft is still within my initial range increment, and a penalty of 0 doubled is still zero. ;)


Male Elf Alchemist (Clone Master/Preservationist)

Is it possible for us to swap positions?


HP 22/22, AC 17/11 T/16 FF, CMD 16, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +6

I would love to see you guys take out Chess before he runs over Loric. :)


Male Drow Noble Dawnflower Dervish (Bard) 1
Sir Loric the Righteous wrote:
Chessna'ra wrote:
@Loric: I think you get a minus 2 penalty to hit with ranged weapons because of the wind, though I could be wrong.
naw, dm dh said it works like concealment (miss chance). range penalties are doubled, but 40 ft is still within my initial range increment, and a penalty of 0 doubled is still zero. ;)

I just read his initial statement as "ranged attacks get an additional -2 penalty per range increment" Which I would read as including the first increment. Clarification from our good DM would never hurt though. *smiles* Either way, this is turning out to be quite the fast paced game so far!


Male Duergar Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 1

I believe we can, I'm just trying to wait for people to take their actions. Its kind of hard to post when you have to wait for others to act.


Male Drow Noble Dawnflower Dervish (Bard) 1

Also! Do we have happen to have deadly aim as a bonus feat like we do power attack?


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet
Chessna'ra wrote:
Sir Loric the Righteous wrote:
Chessna'ra wrote:
@Loric: I think you get a minus 2 penalty to hit with ranged weapons because of the wind, though I could be wrong.
naw, dm dh said it works like concealment (miss chance). range penalties are doubled, but 40 ft is still within my initial range increment, and a penalty of 0 doubled is still zero. ;)
I just read his initial statement as "ranged attacks get an additional -2 penalty per range increment" Which I would read as including the first increment. Clarification from our good DM would never hurt though. *smiles* Either way, this is turning out to be quite the fast paced game so far!

Chess is more in line with my original intent. I was trying to come up with a mechanic that would penalize light-weight projectiles like arrows and bolts, but not effect heavier ranged weapons like bombs and javelins as much.

I decided to err on the side of simplicity since nobody (at the time I wrote it) was even using a bow.

Sir Loric, I'm going to give you a -2 from wind, but due to the large range of a bow that's the only penalty you'll have to deal with (outside of the vision impairment).

Sorry to spring the penalty on you. The grandstanding bonus evens it out.


HP 22/22, AC 17/11 T/16 FF, CMD 16, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +6

no big deal. it looks like i still hit even with 2 less.


Male Elf Alchemist (Clone Master/Preservationist)

Appears we're out of control!

In retrospect, given my character concept it seems just plain strange that I forgot to get handle animal. DM Doomed, mind if I fix that after the match?


Male Changeling Fighter 1, Monk 1, Rogue 1, Ranger 1, Actor 5
Varniel wrote:

Appears we're out of control!

In retrospect, given my character concept it seems just plain strange that I forgot to get handle animal. DM Doomed, mind if I fix that after the match?

not at all. we'll call this match your learning experience.


HP 78/78, AC 25/12/23, Saves 11/5/14

I'm sure its clear, but I'm waiting on DM confirmation (as in out of control and that I'm the target) before reacting to the crossbow bolt...


HP 17/18, AC 18/14/13 CMD 17, Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0,

I feel like a total dumbass but I totally fell for Sir Loric's "look at me being a LG Paladin of Honour and Righteousness"-act. I was about to say something about shooting your crossbow like that at oncoming racers being something that wouldn't fit that character but after looking at your character I'll simply shut up and smile. Great job!


Male Duergar Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 1

Is there a point in the match where you'll allow us to attack people with an initiative higher than our own? It would be rather disappointing to not to get what I had planned just because someone does not post for this round.


(HP 16/16, AC 12 CMD 12, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +5)
Zar'zan the Big wrote:
Is there a point in the match where you'll allow us to attack people with an initiative higher than our own? It would be rather disappointing to not to get what I had planned just because someone does not post for this round.

Hey ZZ, I assume you're talking about me. As I stated earlier, I knew what I wanted to do, but I wanted to know where Ryujin landed before I took my turn. I was going to daze Varniel, but as he's already gone I'm going to cast daze on you as that's my only move left. I will then 5th move up and hold on and take 10 on balance. I'm putting this here since I can't type the full move up yet, but it'll allow you to make your save and take your turn if you're successful.


HP 17/18, AC 18/14/13 CMD 17, Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0,
Zar'zan the Big wrote:
Is there a point in the match where you'll allow us to attack people with an initiative higher than our own? It would be rather disappointing to not to get what I had planned just because someone does not post for this round.

Ready action?


HP 22/22, AC 17/11 T/16 FF, CMD 16, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +6
Lorn the Barber wrote:
I feel like a total dumbass but I totally fell for Sir Loric's "look at me being a LG Paladin of Honour and Righteousness"-act. I was about to say something about shooting your crossbow like that at oncoming racers being something that wouldn't fit that character but after looking at your character I'll simply shut up and smile. Great job!

I suppose a "muhuhuhahaha" is in order.

When I saw that this was somewhat in the spirit of professional wrestling, I figured an antipaladin would be the perfect person to be a "face" and then make a "heel turn" at a dramatic moment.

Although, my antipaladin code makes it harder than one might think to hide how evil I am. Thats why I took sleight of hand. Going to have to find ways to cheap shot people and not get caught. "oops! I didn't MEAN to shoot him in the chest! I was just trying to fire a warning shot to slow him down! Oh, curse this windy blizzard! I hope he's still ok!"


HP 20/20 AC 15 CMD 15 Fort+5 Ref+2 Will+3

DM DH had just gladiator in mind when I made this alias .. Now having a better feel for the spirit of the game I'd like to submit..


this guy if possible .. I'll be done filling him out by the end of this match.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

ZZ (and everyone), that's a consequence I hadn't considered. Skipping your action shouldn't give you a free ride for the round.

Tell you what, don't give me a descriptive post, just give me a spoilered mechanical post stating your intended action.

If they don't post by the time the round updates, I'll include a description of your action's success or failure in my round update.

If they do act, then you can give me a descriptive post to back up the rolls you've already made. If the target's actions invalidate yours, well, you haven't given any In Game description, so nothing has actually happened and you can change your action if you want.

I recognize that this might give some gamers the thought of "I'll do a mechanical post and then change my action if it doesn't go well". Well, don't. You only get to change your action if your target's action somehow renders yours impossible or illogical.

I also realize that this can be "gamed" the other way, by high-initiative people waiting to see if lower initiative people target them. (If an attack against them would be successful they could post an action that invalidates it, and if it wouldn't, they can perform an action that forces it to stay true). Well, don't do that either. In fact, intended actions should probably be posted as such and be for my eyes only.

Any questions?


(HP 16/16, AC 12 CMD 12, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +5)
DM Doomed Hero wrote:

ZZ (and everyone), that's a consequence I hadn't considered. Skipping your action shouldn't give you a free ride for the round.

Tell you what, don't give me a descriptive post, just give me a spoilered mechanical post stating your intended action.

If they don't post by the time the round updates, I'll include a description of your action's success or failure in my round update.

If they do act, then you can give me a descriptive post to back up the rolls you've already made. If the target's actions invalidate yours, well, you haven't given any In Game description, so nothing has actually happened and you can change your action if you want.

I recognize that this might give some gamers the thought of "I'll do a mechanical post and then change my action if it doesn't go well". Well, don't. You only get to change your action if your target's action somehow renders yours impossible or illogical.

I also realize that this can be "gamed" the other way, by high-initiative people waiting to see if lower initiative people target them. (If an attack against them would be successful they could post an action that invalidates it, and if it wouldn't, they can perform an action that forces it to stay true). Well, don't do that either. In fact, intended actions should probably be posted as such and be for my eyes only.

Any questions?

That's why I posted the bare bones actions of my turn here in the discussion thread so no one would think I was purposely delaying. I only wanted to see where Ryujin landed from his modified jump before I took my turn. I don't think anyone is necessarily accusing me of delaying, but as I am one of the few high-initiative people to not take a turn yet, I just wanted to point that out.

I'll just post my turn now regardless of Ryujin's results.


HP 14/20, AC 17 T 17 FF 10, CMD 23, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +5,

And that was my fault Melshara as I posted without looking at the map and what was going on (going from memory from the round before).

My idea is to jump off my sled, to which sled was my only question.


(HP 16/16, AC 12 CMD 12, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +5)
Ryujin Tatsu wrote:

And that was my fault Melshara as I posted without looking at the map and what was going on (going from memory from the round before).

My idea is to jump off my sled, to which sled was my only question.

No worries. My character is developing a deep respect for your character, particularly with his resistance to the cold :-)

I just didn't want people to think that I was trying to gain an unfair advantage by waiting to post, as I just wanted to know your destination square. And as I said, I actually posted the mechanics of my turn earlier today so Zar'Zan could have time to prepare what he wanted to do, but I couldn't post the full post with everything until now (too hard to do all the tags while posting on my phone, hehe).


Male Human (HP 19/19, AC 13 CMD 18, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4,)

Is the penalty from the Wind Chill cumulative or is it a one-time penalty?


Male Elf Alchemist (Clone Master/Preservationist)

Cumulative Dex damage I believe


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

It is cumulative dex damage as you get colder, get numb and start having muscle shakes.


Male Duergar Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 1

Question, what type of negative would you give me for throwing while sharing a space? Technically I don't think your even allowed to share squares anymore with Pathfinder, or I just could not find the rulings for it.

Also, does the True Strike remove the concealment penalty from the blizzard?


(HP 16/16, AC 12 CMD 12, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +5)
Zar'zan the Big wrote:

Question, what type of negative would you give me for throwing while sharing a space? Technically I don't think your even allowed to share squares anymore with Pathfinder, or I just could not find the rulings for it.

Also, does the True Strike remove the concealment penalty from the blizzard?

It doesn't matter because you rolled a 17, but I think your base will save should be +0 since you have 10 wisdom. Anyway, have at thee!


Male Duergar Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 1
Melashara the Crone wrote:
Zar'zan the Big wrote:

Question, what type of negative would you give me for throwing while sharing a space? Technically I don't think your even allowed to share squares anymore with Pathfinder, or I just could not find the rulings for it.

Also, does the True Strike remove the concealment penalty from the blizzard?

It doesn't matter because you rolled a 17, but I think your base will save should be +0 since you have 10 wisdom. Anyway, have at thee!

I'm asking for negatives on attacks and the like, not the Will Save. And sorry, it should have been +2. He is a dwarf and thusly resistant to magic.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

When Pathfinder doesn't cover something at all, I generally look to 3.5.

d20srd says "Each move into or through a narrow space counts as if it were 2 squares, and while squeezed in a narrow space you take a -4 penalty on attack rolls and a -4 penalty to AC."

Sounds reasonable to me.


Round ends in apx. 2 hours!


HP 22/22, AC 17/11 T/16 FF, CMD 16, Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +6

The penalty to the attack roll is 2 more than it should be due to wind. So -2 within range, -4 after one increment, etc. That number penalty is for the wind blowing the projectile.

The snow obscuring vision makes regular concealment from 20-40 ft and total concealment past 40 ft. But I believe true strike ignores all concealment.


Male Duergar Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 1

Very well, he might as well make it there as its as good as anywhere else. With this, could I consider him as holding onto the reigns as he draws and throws the sword and thusly will have to make his acrobatics check when he takes his five foot step to the back?


(HP 16/16, AC 12 CMD 12, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +5)
Zar'zan the Big wrote:
Melashara the Crone wrote:
Zar'zan the Big wrote:

Question, what type of negative would you give me for throwing while sharing a space? Technically I don't think your even allowed to share squares anymore with Pathfinder, or I just could not find the rulings for it.

Also, does the True Strike remove the concealment penalty from the blizzard?

It doesn't matter because you rolled a 17, but I think your base will save should be +0 since you have 10 wisdom. Anyway, have at thee!
I'm asking for negatives on attacks and the like, not the Will Save. And sorry, it should have been +2. He is a dwarf and thusly resistant to magic.

Yep, I know. I'm biased because I appear to be the target of the attack, but I would rule that you would get minus 4 due to it being a melee weapon that you're throwing. Since a dagger has a range of ten, I'd say a sword has a range of 5 ft. So that would be 4 range increments. Minus two for the first rang increment, minus four each for the other three increments. I'd put the penalty at minus 18 at least, plus 20 for true strike gives you a net of plus two plus your dex mod. That's if throwing a sword is only a minus four penalty. It might even be higher than that.

I know you want to take one of us out and don't want to waste your true strike, but you might want to cut the net rope. Even if you hit, you're pretty much signing your own death warrant, along with Varniel's (and probably poor Joboo, hehe)


Male Duergar Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 1

Nah, your getting your numbers wrong Mel. I'm within three range increments at the moment as improvised thrown weapons are considered to have a range of 10 feet. That gives me a -10. (-4 for two increments past first. -6 for three range increments.) On top of that, he'll get the -4 for sharing. As for the improvised weapon thing, Alchemist's start with the handy feat Throw Anything.

I'd say the remaining +6 from the True Strike might be worth a shot at the 50% chance it gives. Not to mention, he told her that she would pay.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

He has Throw Anything. Throwing things like swords is pretty much the point of the feat. It has a 10 foot range increment (like all improvised ranged weapons), and being a heavy projectile it isn't as effected by the wind.

because of True Strike he ignores concealment from distance.


(HP 16/16, AC 12 CMD 12, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +5)
Zar'zan the Big wrote:

Nah, your getting your numbers wrong Mel. I'm within three range increments at the moment as improvised thrown weapons are considered to have a range of 10 feet. That gives me a -10. (-4 for two increments past first. -6 for three range increments.) On top of that, he'll get the -4 for sharing. As for the improvised weapon thing, Alchemist's start with the handy feat Throw Anything.

I'd say the remaining +6 from the True Strike might be worth a shot at the 50% chance it gives. Not to mention, he told her that she would pay.

Ooh, I forgot about that feat. Good point. So with your light sensitivity, that puts the net at +5 and you get to add either one or two for your dex mod depending on if you take dex damage or not. Now I'm wishing I would have taken a total defense and retained my charge, hehe.


Male Duergar Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 1

Just a -2 or the cumulative -2 for a -6?

And would you allow my action break down I posted earlier?

Remember, DM Doomed asked for fantastic moves, I would call this a rather fantastic move if it succeeds.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet
Zar'zan the Big wrote:

Just a -2 or the cumulative -2 for a -6?

And would you allow my action break down I posted earlier?

Remember, DM Doomed asked for fantastic moves, I would call this a rather fantastic move if it succeeds.

Because of the weight of the projectile, it's only a -2. Only light projectiles have the cumulative penalty. (sorry if this was unclear before, I didn't anticipate much arrow use, and really didn't anticipate sword-throwing)


Male Duergar Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 1
Melashara the Crone wrote:
Zar'zan the Big wrote:

Nah, your getting your numbers wrong Mel. I'm within three range increments at the moment as improvised thrown weapons are considered to have a range of 10 feet. That gives me a -10. (-4 for two increments past first. -6 for three range increments.) On top of that, he'll get the -4 for sharing. As for the improvised weapon thing, Alchemist's start with the handy feat Throw Anything.

I'd say the remaining +6 from the True Strike might be worth a shot at the 50% chance it gives. Not to mention, he told her that she would pay.

Ooh, I forgot about that feat. Good point. So with your light sensitivity, that puts the net at +5 and you get to add either one or two for your dex mod depending on if you take dex damage or not. Now I'm wishing I would have taken a total defense and retained my charge, hehe.

Thank you, I forgot the Light Sensitivity and the Dex. For some reason I thought he has a 12. But he has taken at least one numbing effect so he will get a +1 from the Dex no matter what, which keeps him at the +6 depending on how DM Doomed answers my post.

701 to 750 of 1,839 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / WWAATD discussion thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.