Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Wayward Kings (Group 2) (Inactive)

Game Master AdamWarnock

A group of adventurers stumble upon a mad lord with dreams of being a king and a young druid that he wants to awaken an ancient artifact.


201 to 250 of 408 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger/1, Rogue/1

Durnak reaches out and pats the wee gnome on the back:

M'wee friend. Dis lord ain't intrs'ed in pleasn'tries. Iffn he be like da udder lords a dis land. He be only intrs'ed in his pocket. Only diff'rence tween lords 'n thieves is da thief 'least tries ta hide 'is crime.


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

And with that, Durnak has just summed up the noble class in this kingdom.


Male Human Ranger (Freebooter/Trapper) HP 22/25 AC 17 (18 with Shield) FF 14 T 13 CMD 16 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +0 Init +5 Per +5
Durnak Zweiblatt wrote:
Only diff'rence tween lords 'n thieves is da thief 'least tries ta hide 'is crime.[/b]

Genisen laughs, "Depends on the thief, some like it to be known by their handiwork. Ahem, or at least I have heard that. Anyways, point well taken!"


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

"Heh, I likesh ye two. I thinksh I've hadsh enufffssh."

With that Talus walks over the bar again and fumbles with several sets of keys. He turns to the group and says. "Lash room on the lef' an' the one at the en' o' the hall isssh mine an' the girlsssh'sssh. Ye are welcome to the othersh."

The hour is getting late and the two girls are looking tired. The stairs lead to a hallway with several rooms and you can easily see the two rooms that Talus was talking about.


DM-Salsa wrote:

"Heh, I likesh ye two. I thinksh I've hadsh enufffssh."

With that Talus walks over the bar again and fumbles with several sets of keys. He turns to the group and says. "Lash room on the lef' an' the one at the en' o' the hall isssh mine an' the girlsssh'sssh. Ye are welcome to the othersh."

The hour is getting late and the two girls are looking tired. The stairs lead to a hallway with several rooms and you can easily see the two rooms that Talus was talking about.

"Ava will share a room with me, unless one of you lovely ladies wishes to join me?" he asks with a wink and a smile.

Cha Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

hopefully got a big boost from us beating up those thugs, which would be helpful since he seems to be coming off like some of the far less attractive patrons who are almost as bad as those who try to grope the girls, ofcourse, Krol would never grope one of them as he is a gentleman. If he fails he'll have the look of defeat, but smile anyway and head to his room with Ava.

DM:

looking over the rules for a summoner's Eidolon and once the summoner is unconcious she returns to her plane so the same will happen with Ava. She'll sit around and wait on guard before being pulled back to her home world.


M Human Paladin 2; Init +2; Per +0; HP 24; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; F +5, R +2, W +3

Clearly, Talus 'n th'girls don' 'spect Yale t'come 'round t'night. Ah don' think i's too likely, bu' seem t'me as someone should keep watch all a' same.

"Ahh, an goo'night to ye, friend Talus. Valyana an' Shalyna, why don' ye run on an' rest safe 'n easy t'night: me an' some a' th'others'll keep a look out," said Fearghus to the innkeeper and his adopted daughters, pointedly ignoring Krol's salacious proposition.

Addressing the rest of the group, "So who wants which watch? I c'n take th'third, if'n ain't no one t'mind such."

OOC:

If Fearghus wasn't LG, he'd totally be hittng on them, to! Just for fun, though... 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Eh, probably not high enough to succeed that particular DC lol


f human monk 1 (drunken master)

Watch? You mean like passing out in front of the door so no one can get in? Dolgana, more nimbly than you'd believe someone who has consumed that much alcohol could be, smoothly grabs a pitcher and slides to her seat with the back to the door. She requires no more or less comfort this evening. If you wish, I'll take the hours from queasy-seeking-the-chamber-pot to breakfast as my watch.


Male Human Ranger/1, Rogue/1

Durnak already charmed the cat. Figure the dame would come as a matched pair.

'N probl'm. I kin take da first or sec'nd watch. Why don' I take da sec'nd. Some'n else kin take da first.


Male Human Ranger (Freebooter/Trapper) HP 22/25 AC 17 (18 with Shield) FF 14 T 13 CMD 16 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +0 Init +5 Per +5
Dolgana wrote:
Watch? You mean like passing out in front of the door so no one can get in?

"I've got that one covered!"


The sound of someone walking down the hall came down the stairs and a moment later the blue robed leg of the young woman from earlier appeared. She seemed surprised to see all the people from the fight earlier drinking with the innkeeper and his two serving girls. There was a chittering from behind her and the weasel appeared, quickly moving to place his small frame between the girl and the room. "Oh, I'm sorry. Am I interupting anything?"


Male Human Ranger/1, Rogue/1

Welcome m'lady. Grab yerself a chair 'n a brew. We's just 'cussin whats we gots ta do ta help dees good folks. Seems dis here Yale char'cter be a monsta dat needs some tamin'. Wees think'n dat we might give 'im a visit 'morrow.


Durnak Zweiblatt wrote:

Durnak already charmed the cat. Figure the dame would come as a matched pair.

'N probl'm. I kin take da first or sec'nd watch. Why don' I take da sec'nd. Some'n else kin take da first.

lol, the way to a woman's heart is through her cat. If she doesn't own a cat then you're a trouble :p

"Monster, huh? A devil or demon?" Krol thinks for a moment on this trying to recall his lessons. "If he is a devil he could be one in disguise with a magic item or altered under a spell or a demon under the same effect. He is probably just a mortal man who appears more powerful because he is either gifted with great strength or he is using some kind of magic item or other method to appear more powerful than he is."

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Human Ranger/1, Rogue/1

Bah, iffn he be like da scum 'n Sol Port, den he done scared a few. 'N now he smart 'nuf ta just rule wit fear. It be 'mazin' what people 'll do iffy ya get em ta think ya kin hurt em, or hurt da people dey love. Jus' look et da good innkeeper 'n his gals. Dey done be scared ta death a dees guys. Even wit der an'mal 'panions 'n magic. Most a da folk in dis pit a' a city done be far weaker 'n dees gals, 'n even easier ta control.


M Human Paladin 2; Init +2; Per +0; HP 24; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; F +5, R +2, W +3

"Ach, well, wi' thi' lot Yale'll be manure a'fore ye know it. My only worry is tha' someone jus' as bad as 'im'll move in later t'claim 'is place an' nuthin'll have changed for most a' these folk. But could be wrong. Either way, if'n I got third watch I'm off t'sleep. Durnak, I'll see ye in a few."

Fearghus makes his way to the back rooms in search of an unclaimed bed or sleeping pallet, or whatever.


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

There are rooms on the second floor.


Male Human Ranger/1, Rogue/1

Ok, I'll be first. Da Pal'din for da midnight. 'N da guy wit da funny hat 'n eye patch fer da mornin' shift.

I kick back in a chair as everyone else heads off to bed, and Dolgana snoozes off her hangover in the corner, thinking about happy times sleeping in the woods with nothing to worry about except wild animals and the occasion goblin.

After about 4 hours, I will go and get Fearghus.


M Human Paladin 2; Init +2; Per +0; HP 24; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; F +5, R +2, W +3

Well, if there's an upstairs, I'll go up there.


f human monk 1 (drunken master)

Dolgana slumps against the main door, cradling a pitcher. One eye remains alarmingly open, but the sound of her snoring can only mean that she's asleep. Or maybe that's just a clever ploy to lure you closer. Either way, she's not moving until someone comes to wake her for the last shift.


Aasimar Init: +3 / Perception +12/ Darkvision 60' Cleric 1 Hit Points: 3/9 AC18/ff17/t11 F+4/R+2/W +7 Channel 0/6

Luther watches with Durnak, "With the guidance of the Inheritor we have gotten through this, and will triumph over Yale. Have you thought of wearing the holy symbol of valor and honor?"

Luther offers a wooden holy symbol to Durnak.


CotCT || RotRL || TSQ || ToD

Durnak's watch goes by without incident.

Fearghus takes watch at the appointed hour and Durnak goes to sleep in one of the free rooms.


Male Human Ranger/1, Rogue/1

While on watch with Luther: Na, I's no priest. I says da thanks to Eras'l at times. But dats it. Fer me, it done be da woods. Me axe, me bow, me self. I kinn't deny da Inhert'r done good 'n I thank 'r fer it. I believe in do'n good fer people, but I does it me'self, in me way, wit no restrict'ns 'r requ'rments. I's sure we kin work 'gether. You wit da help a da 'heritor, me wit me own code.


Shortly after midnight there was the sound of something scrambling down the stairs before Anna's weasel appeared. Without breaking stride the small animal climbed the side of the bar and ran towards the door, sliding to a stop about ten feet away. With a single chitter of greeting towards Fearghus, the animal curls up and goes to sleep facing the front of the inn.


Aasimar Init: +3 / Perception +12/ Darkvision 60' Cleric 1 Hit Points: 3/9 AC18/ff17/t11 F+4/R+2/W +7 Channel 0/6

Luther smiles at Durnak's words, "The Inheritor has done good. I think that is quite an understatement."

Luther regales Durnak with one of the many spectacular feats of Iomedae telling him how she slew the great beast Nakorshormond.


All goes well through out the night, no sudden attacks, no daggers in the dark, just the quiet of the night. Genisen hears the muffled footsteps of someone coming down the stairs. Valyana appears, coming down, her eyes squinting in the gray pre-dawn.

"Mornin', would you like anything fer breakfast?"


Male Human Ranger (Freebooter/Trapper) HP 22/25 AC 17 (18 with Shield) FF 14 T 13 CMD 16 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +0 Init +5 Per +5

Genisen is unable to answer right away but then croaks out, "Bacon and some hair of the dog"


Aasimar Init: +3 / Perception +12/ Darkvision 60' Cleric 1 Hit Points: 3/9 AC18/ff17/t11 F+4/R+2/W +7 Channel 0/6

"I would like a bacon sandwich, but instead of bread, you can use bacon. Excellent idea Genisen."

Luther hopes cure disease extends to ateriosclerosis. :-)


M Human Paladin 2; Init +2; Per +0; HP 24; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; F +5, R +2, W +3

The smell of cooking bacon slowly penetrates Fearghus' dreams. Rolling over, he groaned "Early t'bed, an' early t'rise - bu' tha' don' mean I godda like it."

With a grunt, he sits up. "Hurrrgh, bacon...". Rising, Fearghus yawns mightily and stretches before half-stumbling down the stairs to the common room.

Heh, hope Luther don' take me f'r a zombie...! "Mornin', ever'one."


Male Human Ranger/1, Rogue/1

You hear some thumping and a moment later see an even more scruffy looking man come down the stairs from the Durnak you recall from the day before.

Mmmm, morn'n all. I likes me bacon. Bac'n wrapp'd 'n bac'n. 'N eggs. 'N toast. Mmmm. 'Bout da only thin' I miss 'bout da city.


"I think at this rate they'll be out of pork before we leave." Krol laughs with a smile and then looks to Ava "May I see the menu, I like to look over the choices before making a decision."


f human monk 1 (drunken master)

Dolgana wakes up chipper and talkative. It's as if she gets the opposite of hung over. Other than ordering a side car of firewater with her grub, she seems in better shape than before she began drinking the night before.

..and that's why the great philosopher Nu'hutong postulated that ki lines are often more abstructed by the body. Many try to free themselves with meditation, pain, all kinds of aesthetic practices. Since leaving the monastery I've discovered that alcohol frees the ki better than any other method! she concludes her dizzying lecture on enlightenment with a smile, expecting some sort of response to a speech no one actually asked for.


Male Human Ranger (Freebooter/Trapper) HP 22/25 AC 17 (18 with Shield) FF 14 T 13 CMD 16 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +0 Init +5 Per +5

Genisen is not appreciating the chipper mood of the monk as he tries to keep his breakfast down.


Male Human Ranger/1, Rogue/1

Durnak begins to laugh at the thought of ordering from a menu.

Harhar, yer funny litt'l man. Ord'r from a menu. In da woods, ya eats what ya kills. Dees nice gals gots good bac'n, ya should try some.

After listening to Dolgana: I dunno what this philosophosophosy ya talks about done be. Is this ki line ya speaks of like 'n an'mal track? Iffn so, ya gots ta follow em real quiet like, er da animal 'll hear ya 'n run. Then ya gets nuttin fer dinner.


M Human Paladin 2; Init +2; Per +0; HP 24; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; F +5, R +2, W +3

"Rmph. Fila-watchmacallit... buncha fancy-pants talk f'r courage, or why else woul'ja get more a' it from drinkin'?"


Durnak Zweiblatt wrote:

Durnak begins to laugh at the thought of ordering from a menu.

Harhar, yer funny litt'l man. Ord'r from a menu. In da woods, ya eats what ya kills. Dees nice gals gots good bac'n, ya should try some.

"Ugh, how revolting. I perfer my meals nicely cooked and laid out very neatly." he then turns to Ava and shrugs. "Fine, I will have a bacon roll as will my bodyguard. Do you have a selection of condiments?"


Valyana chuckles as she sets down a couple more plates with bacon, eggs, and toast on the bar.

"Afraid not. We can barely afford to get the essentials, much less extras like salt and pepper."


Male Human Ranger/1, Rogue/1

I'sa gonna have to get y'all a nice boar or stag next time I'sa commin' through. Bet y'all could make it taste mighty fine. You gals should move back ter da woods. Ya could open 'n inn. Wit yer druid her'tage, ya could get fine herbs 'n veg'bles. 'N da game'd be da best. Y'd be da most pop'lar inn on da road.

Durnak manages to only spray a small portion of his meal across the table as he says this.


M Human Paladin 2; Init +2; Per +0; HP 24; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; F +5, R +2, W +3

Historical fun fact: pepper was so valuable during the Middle Ages that it was affordable only by the most rich - a common tavern/inn would certainly be unable to carry it, if they would even be aware of its existence.

Amused at Krol's prissiness, Fearghus speaks up, "Now, now, Mas'er Krol, ye needn' be so picky as all 'at if'n th'taste a' meat ain't t'y'r likin'. If anythin', bacon an' such is right 'spensive 'roun' these 'ere parts an' it's more'n a favor yon lass be don' f'r ye t'offer such."

"An' speakin' a' which, miss Valyana, 't'll be porridge f'r me af'er this 'ere piece a' bacon," he continued, favoring their hostess with his most gracious smile.


Aasimar Init: +3 / Perception +12/ Darkvision 60' Cleric 1 Hit Points: 3/9 AC18/ff17/t11 F+4/R+2/W +7 Channel 0/6

"Do you have any bacon porridge?" Luther adds smiling.


Damn, now I want cheese grits and bacon.

"I can make some, it'll be a minute."

With that Valyana scurries back into the kitchen.


Male Human Ranger/1, Rogue/1

Bac'n porridge? Why'd ya wanna ruin perf'ly good bac'n by putt'n it 'n porridge?

With this Durnak lets out a loud and hearty belch. Undoubtedly some of the neighbors are now wondering whether they are under attack.

Whelp, dees good folk done put us up fer da night. Now, we's gotta repay em. So, where be dis Yale. I wants ta hear da evil scum yale when m'axe be introduc'd ta 'im.


The sound of someone yawning and the thumping of bare feet on wood announces another person's arrival. Anyone who turns sees it's Sahlyna. they also see her go from half-asleep to wide awake in half a second as she realizes that most of the people from the day before are awake and she's still in her night gown. Her feet hammer out a retreat as she rushes back up the stairs.


M Human Paladin 2; Init +2; Per +0; HP 24; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; F +5, R +2, W +3

Fearghus takes his time eating breakfast, as the others around him eat theirs as Talus, Shalyna, and Valyana bustle about taking care of Fearghus and their others guests.

"So, has anyone thought a' what t'do 'bout Yale - we jus' bust through th'front door, or try t'flush 'im out? I'd prefer th'second, as who knows if'n there might be others in there as don't want t'be.. but I s'pose that'd give him th'chance at hostages. Either way, I'm think as we need t'be gettin' over there sooner rather'n later."


Male Human Ranger/1, Rogue/1

I dunno city tact'c none too good. Sometimes in da woods, iffn ya wants ta get som'n dats hide'n in its home, ya light a fire on one side, 'n waits on da udder side til it comes out. I'sa guess'n dat'd work 'ere as well. Not sure what da guard 'd say 'bout start'n a fire though.


Aasimar Init: +3 / Perception +12/ Darkvision 60' Cleric 1 Hit Points: 3/9 AC18/ff17/t11 F+4/R+2/W +7 Channel 0/6

"Simple tactics often work best. Durnak and Genisen pretend to be fleeing from Fearghus and I so they can get in their mists when we bring righteous fury on Yale. The Inheritor and our strength of arms will do the rest. Are we ready to kick some Yale?"

Luther stuffs some Bacon in his pocket for later.


f human monk 1 (drunken master)

Fire can be dangerous; perhaps we could smoke them out? Make them think their building is engulfed. Is there a local fire brigade? Anyone know how to get smoke bombs?


M Human Paladin 2; Init +2; Per +0; HP 24; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; F +5, R +2, W +3

"Well, I s'pose if'n there's only one 'r two doors we could split up an' bust through 'em both t'surprise an' confuse 'em. I don' like th'idear a' fire, it could spread t'th'rest a' th'town like fleas on a pack a' wild dogs."


Male Human Ranger/1, Rogue/1

Yep, I's 'fraid a dat. Iffn ya kin git some a dem smokebombs thangs, dat 'd do da job. Fearghus, I hates ta split up. We's gots lots a swords, 'n axes, but iffn we breaks in two, den da en'my kin focus on just two 'r three of us. It'd be bett'r ta block da back 'n charge in da front. Da best 'd be ta block da back, den smoke em out so dey comes ta us.

I dun'not got em wit me, but iffn we could get some bear traps, we could set dem 'fore da doors 'n cause some ser'rus dam'g ta da first ta run. Any time ya kin hurt da en'my 'fore it gets ta even draw a blade, I thinks dat is a good thang.


Male Human Ranger (Freebooter/Trapper) HP 22/25 AC 17 (18 with Shield) FF 14 T 13 CMD 16 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +0 Init +5 Per +5

Genisen listens to the running away plan, "I'd be good at that ruse as I have had lots of experience."

To the fire idea or busting down doors, "I am hesitant on the fire idea too, nothing like letting something like that get out of control. Busting down doors is much safer and less likely to draw unwanted attention elsewhere in the city to us."


Male Human Ranger (Freebooter/Trapper) HP 22/25 AC 17 (18 with Shield) FF 14 T 13 CMD 16 Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +0 Init +5 Per +5

Genisen listens to the running away plan, "I'd be good at that ruse as I have had lots of experience."

To the fire idea or busting down doors, "I am hesitant on the fire idea too, nothing like letting something like that get out of control. Busting down doors is much safer and less likely to draw unwanted attention elsewhere in the city to us."


Genisen Larkova wrote:

Genisen listens to the running away plan, "I'd be good at that ruse as I have had lots of experience."

To the fire idea or busting down doors, "I am hesitant on the fire idea too, nothing like letting something like that get out of control. Busting down doors is much safer and less likely to draw unwanted attention elsewhere in the city to us."

"The last thing any of us want is to cause a fire, not to mention harm the innocent people of the city."he looks over his own equipment and shakes his head. "Maybe smoke sticks, but hide them in a bag so they think we threw a explosive or something in there if we can find a window of somekind. I have flasks of alchemist's fire if we do decide to set the place ablaze, but I also have acid too. I've heard it can be very painful if spilt on someone's face."

201 to 250 of 408 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wayward Kings (Group 2) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.