Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Way of the Wicked by GM SnowHeart

Game Master SnowHeart

Link to Maps and Handouts
Loot Chart - Google Docs Spreadsheet

INIT Rolls:

[dice=Inëlûkii]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Affyria]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Asturu]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Price]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Timo]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Daidalos]1d20+4[/dice]
-------------------
[dice=Enemy]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Enemy]1d20+1[/dice]
Perception Checks:
[dice=Inëlûkii]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Affyria]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Asturu]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Price]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Timo]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Daidalos]1d20+2[/dice]


1,301 to 1,350 of 1,354 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Asturu moves forward while drawing his morningstar, only to then chuck down another alchemical brew.

Move action: move + draw weapon
Std action: drink Enlarge Person extract

Current AC 16 & CMD 21, 10ft reach, STR24 & DEX12, Morningstar +8 to hit & 2D6+11 damage


Female devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 3 || hp 25/25 || AC 17, touch 11, flatfooted 16 || Perception +9, Sense Motive +16 || Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +8 || CMB +6, CMD 14 || Init +1 || Hero Points 3 || Picture

Affyria takes out her mace and moves towards one of the unconscious elementals, her intent to clobber it dead.


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

PCs' Actions:

Luke: Ranged attack - miss
Timo: Attack - HIT (but they're immune to crits and flanking); yet 13 is enough to drop it
Asturu: Move/drink
Affyria: Move/draw
Price: move/swap to ranged (+2 AC from Shield of Faith, +2 from partial cover)
Grumblejack: Attack - hit
Daidalos: delay? drop/cast

Luke tries to blast the elemental at the stern but his attack goes wide, the movement of the ship tossing the elemental out of the line of attack. Timo's strike fares better, dropping the only still-conscious elemental in the middle of the deck, while Grumblejack swings his sword and obliterates one of the unconscious creatures.

Asturu becomes as large as Grumblejack and Price maneuvers around him as she draws her bow and takes a position providing some cover behind a railing, seeking out targets in the ocean.

Kargeld and his sailors rally to repel the watery boarders but the aquan devils manage to avoid one attack after another. Only at the bow does a single sailor land a glancing blow.

Their quarry having scrambled back aboard, the dolphins dive below the water and a chorus of snap-cracks come from the water as nearly a half-dozen crossbow bolts come flying at you and the Frosthamer.

Most of the heavy bolts go wide or thunk harmlessly into the ship's hull. One of them, however, grazes Asturu. (3 points of damage)

Their attack launched and crossbows empty, Price watches the tritons slip beneath the surface of the water, floating just beneath it as they prepare to reload.

Villains, Go!

GM Rolls:

Grumblejack Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 - 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 4, 1) + 13 = 24
Sailor Attack, aft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Sailor Attack, aft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Kargeld Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Sailor Attack, bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Sailor Attack, bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Sailor Attack, bow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 - 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Crossbow Attacks -- Target from Aft to Bow: 1 = Sailor; 2&3 = Asturu; 4 = Price; 5 = Sailor; 6 = Sailor at Bow
Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Target: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Dmg if Hit: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Target: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Dmg if Hit: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Target: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Dmg if Hit: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Target: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Dmg if Hit: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Target: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Dmg if Hit: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


18/28 hp, AC 12 T 12, FF 10 bat: 16, 16t, 14f; F 7, R 6, W 4*, bab 2, melee 2, ranged 4; cmb 2 cmd 14; init +2; sonic blast rta 2d4+3, hero 3 | bloodmarked (werebat-kin) skinwalker vibrokineticist / 3 | image
skills:
acro 8, diplo 6, fly 8*, intim 5, know engrg 3, know local 8, ling 3, perc 7*, perform: sing 7, stealth 9, umd 7 | *+2 at night

Ineluki moves and readies an attack if any enemies come within his 30' range.

to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
dmg if hits: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 3 = 8


HP 18/18; AC 12/12/10; Saves +2/+3/+2; Init +4; Per +2
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 3/6 Arcane Reservoir, 3 Hero Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 3;Current Guise, Base Appearance, Journal

I was only delaying as needed to make sure I wouldn't provoke an AoO, so whenever that would take is how log of a delay it would be.
Daidalos completes his spell with a sweeping gesture, and Timo becomes the third giant on the small ship, joining Asturu and Grumblejack in that regard.
"Anyone a good swimmer?" he asks as he scrounges for his crossbow, "They're out of range from most my spells, and they don't have much reason to come any closer. Maybe if we just take cover, they'll eventually close in or give up?"

Finding his crossbow, Daidalos stands up, safe in the knowledge it'll take the tritons a few seconds to reload, and fires his crossbow point-blank into the... head? of the unconscious elemental.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d8 ⇒ 7


18/28 hp, AC 12 T 12, FF 10 bat: 16, 16t, 14f; F 7, R 6, W 4*, bab 2, melee 2, ranged 4; cmb 2 cmd 14; init +2; sonic blast rta 2d4+3, hero 3 | bloodmarked (werebat-kin) skinwalker vibrokineticist / 3 | image
skills:
acro 8, diplo 6, fly 8*, intim 5, know engrg 3, know local 8, ling 3, perc 7*, perform: sing 7, stealth 9, umd 7 | *+2 at night

Ineluki moves and readies an attack if any enemies come within his 30' range.

rta to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
dmg if hits: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9


Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Asturu moves to the back of the ship to help out Kargeld, swinging his morningstar up into the air only to make it come crashing down on the hapless water elemental.

Move action: move
Std action: attack Blue water elemental @ Kargeld

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (2, 3) + 11 = 16


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 0/0 | Active conditions: None. | Image

With two elementals down, Timo swings his now massive sword at the closest elemental.

Blessed PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15
damage: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 2) + 10 = 17

If that hits and kills the elemental, I'll move towards the elemntal at the bow of the ship.


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

I'm seeing two mostly identical posts for Luke, so I'll consider the first one the correct one (sadly with the worse rolls).

Daedalos damages one of the water elementals and Timo finishes it off before moving towards the bow of the ship while, at the aft, Asturu obliterates the one threatening Kargeld and his crew. Grumblejack looks around, then takes a couple of steps towards the bow before swinging his greatsword again but the crates and other items on the deck knock him off balance and the strike goes wide.

One of the sailors swings his short sword and manages to elicit a shriek of pain from the elemental before it returns the strike with a devastating slam that sends the sailor twirling about, staggering him (0 hp).

For the moment, there are no attacks from the water but you see signs of the dolphins swimming about.

Kargeld orders his remaining men to grab their bows and take cover behind the railings.

Affyria, that's a skip for your action this round, but feel free to take two actions this time (casting, movement, etc.) We'll treat Price as having prepared a ranged weapon.

GM Rolls:
Grumblejack's attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 - Mother f.....
Bow Sailor Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Bow Sailor Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Bow Sailor Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Water Elemental Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Water Elemental Attack (crit confirm): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 6 = 11


HP 18/18; AC 12/12/10; Saves +2/+3/+2; Init +4; Per +2
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 3/6 Arcane Reservoir, 3 Hero Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 3;Current Guise, Base Appearance, Journal

Daidalos hefts and reloads his crossbow as he kneels by the railing, his finger on the trigger, ready to fire the moment a triton pops its head up.

Readied Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d8 ⇒ 2


Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Realizing that he has no ranged weaponry that can deal with the Triton threat, Asturu opts to drop down onto the deck.

"Oh, the indignity!"

Go prone / into cover.


18/28 hp, AC 12 T 12, FF 10 bat: 16, 16t, 14f; F 7, R 6, W 4*, bab 2, melee 2, ranged 4; cmb 2 cmd 14; init +2; sonic blast rta 2d4+3, hero 3 | bloodmarked (werebat-kin) skinwalker vibrokineticist / 3 | image
skills:
acro 8, diplo 6, fly 8*, intim 5, know engrg 3, know local 8, ling 3, perc 7*, perform: sing 7, stealth 9, umd 7 | *+2 at night

sorry- when I looked, my post didn't show so I did it again... yeah, so like you said, ignore the good one, sigh


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

Need Timo and Affyria, then I will bot Price if s/he still hasn't been able to post.


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 0/0 | Active conditions: None. | Image

With his newly enlarged body, Timo lumbers up next to Grumblejack and takes a swing at the last remaining elemental.

I think bless is still active and large gives 10' reach
PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23
damage: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (6, 2) + 10 = 18


Female devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 3 || hp 25/25 || AC 17, touch 11, flatfooted 16 || Perception +9, Sense Motive +16 || Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +8 || CMB +6, CMD 14 || Init +1 || Hero Points 3 || Picture

Sorry, site logged me out again so I didn't see any new posts. Seeing as the elemental I was near is already dead;

Affyria takes out a crossbow, loads it, and takes aim at one of the fishpeople in the distance.

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 oh yeah, +1 from bless...
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT
Affyria Strex wrote:
Sorry, site logged me out again so I didn't see any new posts. Seeing as the elemental I was near is already dead;

No worries. Site has been a mess. Wait until you start getting notifications that posts you've already read are new again. I'm starting to wish the goblins really would just smash the server.

PCs' Actions:

Daed: Readied Xbow
Asturu: Duck!
Luke: Readied Ranged Attack
Timo: Smash-splash
Affyria: Readied Ranged Attack
Price: Readied Ranged Attack
Grumblejack: sheath and move/draw

Timo's strike obliterates the last of the water elementals and, for a brief moment, a strange quiet falls over the ship, with only your panting breaths and the lapping of water against the hull. Then, Grumblejack sheathes his sword and moves to the deck as he draws a heavily reinforced shortbow. Price peers over the railing, her bow at the ready. Kargeld orders his men to prepare the same while he, equipped only with a throwing axe for a ranged weapon, moves to the middle of the deck and prepares to charge anything that comes back aboard his vessel.

In the dim light of the waves, rising nearly as one, the tritons reemerge, their heavy crossbows at the ready and beginning to track targets when your own readied attacks strike out against them.

The sailors fire their shortbows and they all miss. One of the arrows nearly strikes a triton with a shock of blonde hair but the creatures manages to dodge at the last moment. Luke and Affyria's own attacks manage to land against some of the tritons, while the rest of your attacks are lost in the waves.

Then the tritons return fire. Three of the bolts seem directed towards Timo but they either miss or are deflected by his armor. A couple of bolts thunk uselessly into the hull of the vessel.

Floating in the distance, five tritons consider their next action.

Villains, Go! Please note whether you have darkvision or not. If you don't, there is a 20% miss chance. I'm also giving all the tritons and anyone at the railing a +2 to AC.

GM Rolls:

Price's Readied Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 - 1d8 ⇒ 4
Sailor's Readied Bow Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 - 1d6 ⇒ 2 - 1d100 ⇒ 3
Sailor's Readied Bow Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 - 1d6 ⇒ 5 - 1d100 ⇒ 32
Sailor's Readied Bow Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 - 1d6 ⇒ 5 - 1d100 ⇒ 24
Sailor's Readied Bow Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 - 1d6 ⇒ 4 - 1d100 ⇒ 23
Sailor's Readied Bow Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 - 1d6 ⇒ 5 - 1d100 ⇒ 65 1d5 ⇒ 4

Daedalos- Target: 1d5 ⇒ 4 - Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 8 - Miss AC
Luke - Target: 1d5 ⇒ 4 - Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 37 - Hit
Affyria - Target: 1d5 ⇒ 2 - Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 64 -
Hit
Price - Target: 1d5 ⇒ 2 - Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 76 - Miss AC

Hvy Xbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Target: 1d9 ⇒ 7
Hvy Xbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Target: 1d9 ⇒ 1
Hvy Xbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Target: 1d9 ⇒ 7
Hvy Xbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Target: 1d9 ⇒ 7
Hvy Xbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 Target: 1d9 ⇒ 5


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 0/0 | Active conditions: None. | Image

I'm not wearing armor ... Enlarged I think my AC is currently 9 (11 base -1 for -2 dex -1 for large). Therefore I think I take 8 from the third strike?
As there are no more melee targets, can the enlarge be dismissed or do you need to wait it out?

Seeing no other targets on the ship, Timo drops his sword and pulls out the old bow from Brandescar. He draws back the string and fires at the Triton nearest the bow.

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 1 - 1 = 13
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

I have darkvision


HP 18/18; AC 12/12/10; Saves +2/+3/+2; Init +4; Per +2
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 3/6 Arcane Reservoir, 3 Hero Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 3;Current Guise, Base Appearance, Journal

Daidalos reloads his crossbow, "Timo, you sure you want to end the spell?"

If Timo confirms, Daidalos speaks the counterspell and he shrinks to his normal size. Otherwise, he fires a bolt at the closest triton.

Potential Crossbow?, no DV: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d8 ⇒ 31d100 ⇒ 92


Female devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 3 || hp 25/25 || AC 17, touch 11, flatfooted 16 || Perception +9, Sense Motive +16 || Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +8 || CMB +6, CMD 14 || Init +1 || Hero Points 3 || Picture

On the map, one of them looks clearly distinct from the others. If Affyria can make this out, she will cast command (DC 16 to resist) on that one and order him to approach.


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 0/0 | Active conditions: None. | Image

If you have to waste an action to dismiss it, just let it say... It shouldn't have too much effect on my ranged attacks.


HP 18/18; AC 12/12/10; Saves +2/+3/+2; Init +4; Per +2
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 3/6 Arcane Reservoir, 3 Hero Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 3;Current Guise, Base Appearance, Journal

Eh, I don't have a ton to do at the moment. Until they close a bit, my remaining spells won't have much of an effect, and even when they do, I'm of limited use against water-based foes with my current lineup. As it stands, I'm just sniping with my crossbow and hoping for good rolls. Dismissing you would net a +2 to accuracy, which isn't insignificant.


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 0/0 | Active conditions: None. | Image

I leave it up to you. I'm basically in the same boat as you. I'm not terribly good at ranged attacks


HP 18/18; AC 12/12/10; Saves +2/+3/+2; Init +4; Per +2
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 3/6 Arcane Reservoir, 3 Hero Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 3;Current Guise, Base Appearance, Journal

I'll dismiss it. Better AC and attack for our primary fighter is never a bad thing.


18/28 hp, AC 12 T 12, FF 10 bat: 16, 16t, 14f; F 7, R 6, W 4*, bab 2, melee 2, ranged 4; cmb 2 cmd 14; init +2; sonic blast rta 2d4+3, hero 3 | bloodmarked (werebat-kin) skinwalker vibrokineticist / 3 | image
skills:
acro 8, diplo 6, fly 8*, intim 5, know engrg 3, know local 8, ling 3, perc 7*, perform: sing 7, stealth 9, umd 7 | *+2 at night

miss chance 01-20 misses: 1d100 ⇒ 88

to hit rta: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
dmg if hits: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT
Timo Zoci wrote:

I'm not wearing armor ... Enlarged I think my AC is currently 9 (11 base -1 for -2 dex -1 for large). Therefore I think I take 8 from the third strike?

As there are no more melee targets, can the enlarge be dismissed or do you need to wait it out?

Ah, then yes. I forgot about that. Thanks for the honesty! I'll try not to kill you for it. ;-)


Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

"Tell me when they close in on the ship! I can't see a darn thing!" yells Asturu with a voice rife with frustration.

No ranged weaponry. No darkvision.


Female devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 3 || hp 25/25 || AC 17, touch 11, flatfooted 16 || Perception +9, Sense Motive +16 || Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +8 || CMB +6, CMD 14 || Init +1 || Hero Points 3 || Picture

Affyria has darkvision 60 ft.


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

PCs' Actions:

Timo: Ranged Attack 13
Daidalos: Dismiss spell
Luke: RTA 11
Asturu: Delay? Full Defense?
Affyria: Cast Command
Price (Botted): Ranged Attack

Affyria does see that one of the tritons has some religious ornamentation about him and an ornate breastplate fashioned from sea shells. She calls out an infernal command to him and their eyes lock, but he shakes off the effect of the spell. Timo's attack misses but Price's manages to land on an already wounded triton.

I'll assume Luke continues to attack the same triton as last round, which is also the one Affyria targeted with her spell.

Luke's sonic assault slams full-force into the breastplate-clad triton, adding to his collection of wounds.

Grumblejack fires his bow and, when the arrow plops harmlessly into the water, lets slip a ferocious curse in giant.

For their part, the tritons slip back beneath the waves. The one wounded by Luke seems to disappear completely while the others hover just beneath the surface.

Four of them took the equivalent of a 5' step below the surface of the water. The one with the different token has dived deeper.

GM Rolls:

Will save vs. Affyria's Command: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Price RA: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 - 1d8 ⇒ 2 target: 1d5 ⇒ 2
Grumblejack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Target: 1d5 ⇒ 4
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 0/0 | Active conditions: None. | Image

I'm assuming that means that they can't be shot at?


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

Honestly? That means I was hoping someone else would know so I didn't have to look it up... One minute... ;-)

Edit: So, there's a +2 penalty for every 5' of water through which you're firing. Since this is at an angle with only the head near the surface... I'm just going to call it a +4 to AC and call it a day.


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 0/0 | Active conditions: None. | Image

"Cowards!!!" Timo calls out to the water as he notches another arrow and drawing the string back. "Come on you fish bastards ... come back above the surface so I can skewer you like last night's dinner," he thinks to himself as he readies his shot.

Ready an action to fire at the first one that surfaces.

Readied action attack roll: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


HP 18/18; AC 12/12/10; Saves +2/+3/+2; Init +4; Per +2
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 3/6 Arcane Reservoir, 3 Hero Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 3;Current Guise, Base Appearance, Journal

Daidalos narrows his eyes, thinking about what might help them here. Not thinking of anything, he shakes his head, "Ah, forget it. They aren't going anywhere- they attacked us, remember? We stay safe on the ship here, and we aim to take them out one by one as they surface and try to attack us." he reloads his crossbow and takes steady aim for where he expects one to surface, aiming for right where its eyes should be.

Readied Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d8 ⇒ 7


Female devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 3 || hp 25/25 || AC 17, touch 11, flatfooted 16 || Perception +9, Sense Motive +16 || Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +8 || CMB +6, CMD 14 || Init +1 || Hero Points 3 || Picture

Affyria curses under her breath, and readies her crossbow for if any of them surface.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Asturu waits, hoping the damned tritons would come to the ship already for some boarding action.

u_u


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

PCs' Actions:

Timo: Readied Ranged Attack 1d4 ⇒ 1
Daidalos: Readied Ranged Attack 1d4 ⇒ 2
Affyria: Readied Ranged Attack 1d4 ⇒ 1
Asturu: Duck and cover!
Grumblejack: Readied Ranged Attack 1d4 ⇒ 1
--Botting--
Price: Readied Ranged Attack 1d4 ⇒ 2
Luke: Readied Ranged Attack 1d4 ⇒ 3

Sorry for the delay, all. Work was crazy on Friday, Saturday was our 2-year old's birthday, and today was a F2F Skull and Shackles game.

Those are are able ready attacks against the tritons should the fiends emerge from the water again. The sailors follow suit while Kargeld growls in the middle of the deck, his greataxe at the read to repel any who would dare board.

Those with darkvision can see, just beneath the surface of the water, the tritons reloading their crossbows, the heavy machines taking time to wind and prepare to fire.

I'm going to take a certain liberty here and assume your actions will remain the same for the next round, just to avoid having to make you repeat another iteration of "Ready Action" posts.

As some of the tritons emerge once more from the waves, your deluge of attacks go off. Luke's sonic blast slams into one of the uninjured tritons while Price's shot goes wild. Timo's and Affyria's shots lands harmlessly in the water while Daidalos's strikes true.

Meanwhile, Asturu and Price both manage to notice the breastplate-clad triton has slipped over the port railing, a wicked looking trident in hand. Kargeld seems unaware, distracted by the rain of crossbow bolts flying over his head.

Villains, Go!

GM Rolls:

Price RA: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Luke RTA: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 1d100 ⇒ 48 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 = 7
Grumblejack RA: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Sailor #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 1d100 ⇒ 55 1d4 ⇒ 1 1d6 ⇒ 3
Sailor #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 1d100 ⇒ 80 1d4 ⇒ 1 1d6 ⇒ 5
Sailor #3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 1d100 ⇒ 25 1d4 ⇒ 3 1d6 ⇒ 6
Sailor #4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 1d100 ⇒ 18 1d4 ⇒ 1 1d6 ⇒ 6
Sailor #5: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 1d100 ⇒ 78 1d4 ⇒ 2 1d6 ⇒ 1
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
-----------------
Inëlûkii: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Affyria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Asturu: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Price: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Timo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Daidalos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Kargeld: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Grumblejack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


18/28 hp, AC 12 T 12, FF 10 bat: 16, 16t, 14f; F 7, R 6, W 4*, bab 2, melee 2, ranged 4; cmb 2 cmd 14; init +2; sonic blast rta 2d4+3, hero 3 | bloodmarked (werebat-kin) skinwalker vibrokineticist / 3 | image
skills:
acro 8, diplo 6, fly 8*, intim 5, know engrg 3, know local 8, ling 3, perc 7*, perform: sing 7, stealth 9, umd 7 | *+2 at night

Ineluki flies a bit higher and sends a sonic blast at the boarder that came up behind him.

to hit, rta: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
dmg if hits: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 3 = 6


HP 18/18; AC 12/12/10; Saves +2/+3/+2; Init +4; Per +2
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 3/6 Arcane Reservoir, 3 Hero Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 3;Current Guise, Base Appearance, Journal

Daidalos, hearing Luke's attack on the newcomer, swings around and shoots the boarder.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d8 ⇒ 7


Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Asturu blinks, unable to believe what he's seeing. Either this Triton is the bravest being I've ever met or the most stupid. Regardless, it's a fact the Triton has boarded the ship and in reply, the aristocrat gets back on his feet and moves to defend Kargeld. "Triton onboard!"

Move action: standup
Move action: move

Current AC 16 & CMD 21, 10ft reach, STR24 & DEX12, Morningstar +8 to hit & 2D6+11 damage


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 0/0 | Active conditions: None. | Image

"Finally ... someone who isn't a coward!" Timo bellows as the call of a boarder slipping on board the ship. With that he releases his bow and retrieves his blade while making his way toward the triton.


Female devil-spawn tiefling cleric of Asmodeus 3 || hp 25/25 || AC 17, touch 11, flatfooted 16 || Perception +9, Sense Motive +16 || Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +8 || CMB +6, CMD 14 || Init +1 || Hero Points 3 || Picture

Affyria glances momentarily behind her, but assumes the others have the new arrival well in hand. She reloads her crossbow, takes a moment to aim, and looses another bolt at the ones in the water.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

PCs' Actions:

Luke: Blast the Boarder - hit
Daidalos: Crossbow at the boarder - hit
Asturu: Stand and move
Timo: Move and draw
Affyria: Ranged Attack (@ water) - hit
Price (bot):
Grumblejack:

Asturu calls out that the ship is being boarded. Luke and Daidalos turn their attacks on the foolish triton while Timo and Asturu move in for melee. Affyria and Price maintain their attacks on the tritons in the water while Grumblejack figures his forte, like Timo and Asturu, is with smashing the blue-skinned fool; he drops the bow and draws his sword as he quickly crosses the deck with just a couple of steps and swings. The fierce swing looks poised to take off the triton's head but is parried aside at the last possible second.

Kargeld yells at his sailors to continue firing at the "bastards in the water" while he screams and swings his axe at the triton who boarded.

Price's arrow lands true and plants itself firmly in an uninjured triton's chest, following soon after by a pair of arrows from the sailors. Grievously wounded, he retreats below the waves. Other arrows from the sailors land true and blood begins to mix with the tips of the waves. Kargeld, screaming like a madman, lands a devastating blow against the boarded but doesn't quite kill him.

In the water, the tritons slip below the surface once more while, on board, the boarder moves towards Asturu, screaming in Aquan.

Aquan:
"The shining sun has seen the wickedness you hide in hearts. And thus it will be the son who brings your doom.”

He drives the tips of his trident towards Asturu and lands a grazing blow. (just 4 damage)

1 triton in the water has retreated; the others are reloading but all wounded. The triton on deck looks near death -- and as if he doesn't care.
[/spoiler]

GM Rolls:

Affyria's target: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Price Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 1d8 ⇒ 6 - hit target: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Grumblejack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 4, 5) + 13 = 24
Confirm Price Crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Addtl dmg from Crit: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6 - crit confirmed
Frosthamar Sailor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 1d6 ⇒ 4 Target: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Frosthamar Sailor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 1d6 ⇒ 1 Target: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Frosthamar Sailor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 1d6 ⇒ 6 Target: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Frosthamar Sailor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 1d6 ⇒ 6 Target: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Frosthamar Sailor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 1d6 ⇒ 2 Target: 1d4 ⇒ 3 - miss
Kargeld: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Triton attacks Asturu: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


18/28 hp, AC 12 T 12, FF 10 bat: 16, 16t, 14f; F 7, R 6, W 4*, bab 2, melee 2, ranged 4; cmb 2 cmd 14; init +2; sonic blast rta 2d4+3, hero 3 | bloodmarked (werebat-kin) skinwalker vibrokineticist / 3 | image
skills:
acro 8, diplo 6, fly 8*, intim 5, know engrg 3, know local 8, ling 3, perc 7*, perform: sing 7, stealth 9, umd 7 | *+2 at night

if we're up again...

Luke aims a sonic blast at the triton on deck.

to hit, rta: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 4 + 1 = 14
dmg if hits: 2d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 3 + 1 = 11


HP 18/18; AC 12/12/10; Saves +2/+3/+2; Init +4; Per +2
Uses:
1/1 Pyrotechnics, 3/6 Arcane Reservoir, 3 Hero Points
Male Emberkin Aasimar Exploiter Wizard 3;Current Guise, Base Appearance, Journal

Note to self: learn.... is that Aquan? Ah, the elemental tongues in general. This one seems promising, though. Is he the leader? He is certainly different than the rest... ah, to hell with it. I want my soul collection started.

Daidalos steps to the side, his fingers in a carefully practiced position. He rotates his hand, forming runes of dark energy as his fingers twist around, forming the raw quintessence surrounding him into the shape of Abbadon's, imposing his will as he forms a new creature, whose sole purpose is harvesting the souls of the fallen.

Full-round action: cast Summon Cacodaemon (hopefully it'll work this time).


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

Yup. back to you guys. Got lost in the spoiler box. Adjusting now.


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 0/0 | Active conditions: None. | Image

I'll post in a couple hours when I'm at a computer. But as an outsider, does it even have a soul to collect?


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 0/0 | Active conditions: None. | Image

Timo charges at the armored triton, swinging his blade in an upward strike, hoping to bisect the triton in two.

charging blessed PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 28
damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
crit confirm: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 13
damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

If the Triton leader dies:
Timo turns to face the tritons in the water, his blade dripping with the blood of their fallen leader. He then bellows out to the waves, "Your leader is slain. Flee back to depths like the cowards you are or come here and face me!"


Maps for WotW | Maps for CotCT

Between Luke and Timo, the last triton dies, his blood mixing with the saltwater on the deck. Off the starboard side of the Frosthamar, the remaining tritons fade back into the depths.

Kargeld steps up to the corpse, kicks it a few times, the grunts. "Strange. They usually don't make such a fuss. Hmm. This one looks like a priest of some sort."


Male NE Human (Talingardian) Investigator 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Asturu grimaces as he preps an extract to deal with the two grazing blows he suffered. "Must've read my work and disagreed with it. Lately, I seem to have this effect on people. Now, that trident of his ..."

The now wholly-whole-again aristocrat reaches down to pick up the triton's weapon and inspects it before moving on to his other belongings.

Cure Light extract: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Ye basic looting action. Does the leader have anything worth mentioning on/with him?


Male LE Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Anti-Paladin (Tyrant) 3 | HP: 20/28 | AC: 20 (11 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 18 | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Smite Good: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 0/0 | Active conditions: None. | Image

Timo pulls out a cloth and wipes the now dead creature's blood off his blade before sheathing it. "Fuss or not, they still die just as easy"

1,301 to 1,350 of 1,354 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SnowHeart's Way of the Wicked All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.