Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Way of the Wicked - a Tale of the Fall of Talingarde (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman


401 to 450 of 2,071 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Primordial Ooze

Mi'Dre stalks to the door and can hear approaching footfalls from outside. Will resolve breath on guard's turn

Round 1: Shendalyn and Gurthock, Albrecht, Albina, Black Jack, Mi'Dre, Guards

Just need Black Jack to move forward. Unless otherwise stated I'll assume Albina moves up to the ladder and readies an attack on the next head to pop up.

Dark Archive

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
Unless otherwise stated I'll assume Albina moves up to the ladder and readies an attack on the next head to pop up.

Albina approves of this action!


Primordial Ooze

Black Jack moves up to the trapdoor as well, readying an attack for the next guard to try and climb.

One of the two remaining guards in the chamber below you obliges and climbs the ladder slowly and drunkenly, putting himself in harms way...
Albina's readied attack was a miss.
Using Black Jack's earlier roll, was also a miss

...but somehow able to avoid injury despite his clearly pickled state.

The door in the East wall creaks open and a guard strides into the room with sword and shield ready... straight into Mi'Dre's noxious belch...
Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 for 1d4 ⇒ 4
...and begins to choke which weakens his return strike...
Longsword: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22 for 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 2 = 7
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 2 = 17 for 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 2 = 7 Ouch
...though he is still able to lay the devil low with a strike borne of desperation.

Round 2: Shendalyn and Gurthock, Albrecht, Albina, Black Jack, Mi'Dre, Guards

1 guard just inside Eastern door, 1 on the ladder, 1 outside Eastern door, 1 still in the room below you.

Albina:
As we've bandied about before, I'm happy for you to convert a negative channel into a targeted infernal healing on a single recipient within 30ft.


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Assuming I cna get a flank with someone

"Oh hells, Gurthock would you kindly make sure your cousin doesn't die. We may have use for him later and I do not want to lose another after the ogre." Seeing a drunk guard popping his head once again on top of the ladder Shendalyn brings his pilfered blade around once more for a beheading strike. "Evening sir! Allow me to help you on your way!"

Swift: Arcane Strike
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Crit Confirm
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Damage

Gurthock will run up to the guard who beat on Mi'Dre and fight defensively if possible. Grumbling about how he is in no way related to the worthless slab of meat that is Mi'dre.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Primordial Ooze

Shendalyn splits the guard on the ladder from the top of his skull to the nape of his neck, the resultant explosion of fluid resembling a watermelon being dropped from a great height. The remaining partial humanoid drops to the floor of the room below you.

Gurthock has less luck, successfully moving over to the guard, but making little impression upon him by successfully attacking air.

Round 2: Shendalyn and Gurthock, Albrecht, Albina, Black Jack, Mi'Dre, Guards

Dark Archive

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina will call upon Asmodeus to heal his devil servant, Mi'Dre.

using channel to give him infernal healing as discussed. Mi'Dre has fast healing 1 for the next minute.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

1 minute? Really? I thought it was rounds/lvl for some reason. I've not bothered to read the spell properly before now though, so... :p

Mi'Dre goes down with a spray of devilish blood, the colour so red as to seem almost black as it splashes to the floor. His wound steams slightly as the thick fluid continues to leak from the nasty gash, though it's not too long before Albina's prayer starts it's work, the flow slowing, and then stopping as the wound slowly starts to knit back together.


Albrecht moves to join the battle against the guard who had come through the door and dropped Mi'Dre, putting himself into a flanking position if possible.

Attack vs. guard: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Primordial Ooze

Albrecht moves up to stand astride Mi'Dre and his blade cuts deep into the guard.

Round 2: Shendalyn and Gurthock, Albrecht, Albina, Black Jack, Mi'Dre, Guards

Damage Tracker:
Door guard - 10


Primordial Ooze

24 hour rule invoked on Black Jack

Black Jack stays near the ladder, looking at the one remaining guard below.

The sickened guard is somewhat boldened by his strike at Mi'Dre, and pushes a little further into the chamber before attacking the other devil...
Longsword on Gurthock: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 2 = 12 for 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 2 = 6

The other guard outside steps in and attempts to put his sword through Albrecht...
Longsword on Albrecht: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The last guard in the room downstairs takes a long look at what is left of the head that Shendalyn split asunder and promptly loses his lunch onto the floor. He stays put.

You can get a flank on the sickened guard, but not on the one that attacked Albrecht as he's standing in the doorway.

Round 3: Shendalyn and Gurthock, Albrecht, Albina, Black Jack, Mi'Dre, Guards

Damage Tracker:
Sickened guard - 10


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Wow fighting defensively for gurthock turned out to be a smart move.

Shendalyn laughs at the guards sickness. "What? No more ascendants for the ladder to heaven?!?! It's a free trip to all filthy drunken guards."

He strides confidently into a flank with Gurthock on the other guard and looks to hack him to pieces as well. If at all possible.

Swift: Arcane Strike
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Guthock grumbles and seethes wanting to devour this guard alive but not quite wanting to be dead just yet.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Taking advantage of her newly discovered channeling option, she'll use a second daily use of channel negative energy to grant Albrecht infernal healing.

fast healing 1 for 1 minute, Albrecht


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Hmm, well with that available now, lets hope Grumblejack hasn't bled too much before we finish with these guys :)

Mi'Dre's labored breathing begins to ease as the nasty gash continues to heal.


Antipaladin lvl 3

Black jack moves to the guards that entered from the eastern wall and attack.
If wounded guard is still standing he will try to finish him, otherwise the new guy.

Attack]
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Primordial Ooze

24 hour rule invoked on Albrecht

Albrecht steps back from the fray, clutching his newly rent gut in pain. I'm pretty sure he's down momentarily until Albina brings him back up - but profile isn't updated.
Albrecht - please update me on your current HP after the guard hit you for 7

Gurthock claws the sickened guard with enough vigor to bring it down.

The remaining guard atop the wall looks between you and the ocean below "Feck it" and dives from the heights.... to bounce off of one rock and into the water below.

The guard in the room below you looks sickly and is unlikely to be able to continue the fight.

Out of combat once more.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Mi'Dre stirs groggily 30 seconds later, sitting up and feeling at his side, looking confused. He looks around at the dead guard who felled him and then at the still standing fellow escapees.

Infernal:
"I thought you'd used all yer spells."
he mutters, the words slightly slurred as he climbs to his feet.

Back to 3 hit points :s How many more channels you got Albina?

Dark Archive

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Once Mi'Dre's wounds have stopped healing, Albina will invoke Asmodeus' grace once more upon him.

fast healing 1 for 1 minute on Mi'Dre again.

"I can call upon this favor thrice more today."


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

"Well, perhaps Grumblejack may yet live. I am sure he can still be of some use to us, if you would care to show him some of Asmodeus' 'mercy'." he suggests, closing his eyes as he feels the dark power of Asmodeus wash over him again, cleansing and healing his wounds. By the time the spells was done he felt almost healthy; yet the legacy of the guard's savage beating remained, the devil glancing behind him at his wings with a frown.


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Shendalyn smiles in bemusement as he watches the guard hurl himself to his death. "Wonderful day, wonderful day. Take some petty vengeance on some filthy common blooded scum, get in some fencing practice, If I had a choice of narcotics several gallons of fine wine and at least two of the finest whores in Talingarde fellating me I'd say this would be one of the best days of my life."


Antipaladin lvl 3

If you could spare me some of that favor sister, it would be much appreciated. the blackguard says while conducting a quick search on the guards bodies and on the room. Currently I only have 4 hitpoints.

perception bodies
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
perception room
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

He cant help to smile at Shendalyn comment.
Indeed a party may be in order, later. For now we may have a clear window to make a run out across that bridge. Lets move with haste. Damn, I would kill for some horses right now!

Dark Archive

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina concentrates on bringing the Prince of Lies infernal blessing to Blackjack and Grumblejack as well.

Each receives fast healing 1 for 1 minute. She's got one use left for the day.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Mi'Dre gives himself a good shake to wake himself up after his near death experience, and looks around at the others. "So... Do we make a break for it, or do we want to empty this place before we leave...?" His own thoughts were a bit mixed, they'd done pretty well so far, the place's reputation not seeming particularly well earned. The devil was a vindictive bugger, and would enjoy wrecking the place, and looting what was left, but someone was likely to respond from the mainland at some point, so they probably shouldn't linger forever, that was the reason he was here in the first place after all...


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

"Oh no we haven't killed the leader and sent them into tactical disarray" Shendalyn says putting on his best mockery of Albrecht's grim and serious visage. "Besides that I was hoping to set the place on fire."


Primordial Ooze

You review your knowledge of the places as yet unplumbed by your group.

  • The kitchen - where at least one servant has barricaded herself
  • The main tower of the keep - which sits in the SW of the compound apart from the main building
  • The small watchtower at the other end of the bridge back to the mainland

Also, in the room below you a living guard sits with his back to the wall and chest covered in his own puke. His eyes are blank as though he has gone into shock. There is also a table with some gold, liquor and cards spread upon it.

The guards you have just slain have the standard outfitting - though the two from the wall also carry longbows and arrows.

Knowledge Geography DC 11:
There is no town within easy sight from the mainland - it's unlikely that help would come from there.

Grumblejack moans and stirs where he lies on the ground in the courtyard, vitality slowly returning to his form.

Dark Archive

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina notices the gold coins on the table and snatches them up, shoving them into the nearest coin-pouch she can find on a corpse.

"Any thoughts on the fastest way out of this place?"


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

"Through the large set of double doors I opened earlier. At least that how things seem." the devil answers, following Albina downstairs. He glances back up at Jack and Albrecht for their thoughts on leaving vs. clearing the prison as he descends.

When he does get down he walks over to the insensate guard, and grabs a handful of his clothes, hauling him up till he's face to face. "You! How many more people are on this rock!" he demands, giving the man a good shake to make sure he's paying attention. "Forget about Blackerly and his goons in the prison, they're all dead, Blackerly's heart was delicious." he smacks and licks his lips crudely, and with the amount of blood on his claws, arms, side, and face the guard doesn't have to imagine too much what that Mi'Dre must have been up to.

Why does Intimidate have to be based on Charisma :s
Intimidate: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13


Primordial Ooze

Albina gathers up 25gp from the table.

Mi'Dre finds that the guard is insensate to the point of being unable to cogently answer the questions put to him.

Fastest way out in straight north across the bridge.
It's essentially a choice of either leaving now or checking out the main tower.


Antipaladin lvl 3

I am more inclined to leave but have nothing against a little more killing. Up to you guys.


M Human Evangelist 6

"To hells with this wretched town!" Ragnvald roars. "Had I my warband I would have ridden over this pathetic speck of a village and left nothing but sorrow and flames in my wake! Who is this him girl! Tell me quickly or I will show you pain, misery and horror of such magnitude as would make the goblin sick!"

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Intimidate


Primordial Ooze

Everyone keep away from that ornery Ulfen in the corner... I think he has rabies :P


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Wrong thread there Tark? :p

Mi'Dre growls and throws the limp guard into the corner, turning around in a huff to look at the others. It seems they were fairly split, unless Shendalyn was being completely sarcastic.

Regardless Mi'Dre just looks around for the door on this level and heads out. "Well, let's just go and meet up with Albina's sister then." he mutters as he does so, peering around the area before heading for the main gates leading to the bridge, giving them a proper look over now he wasn't going to be murdered from above and to both sides.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Disable Device (should one be required): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Primordial Ooze

That's 2/5 for leaving - one more makes quorum


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Aaaaaahhhhhh f$+$ Lemme jsut copy paste that to the right thread.


Primordial Ooze

Mi'Dre finds the door barred only by heavy wood that could be easily cast aside and the stone bridge to the mainland awaits...

Mi'Dre and Black Jack are for leaving - need one more yes for majority vote, or a nay sayer to speak up


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Want to wait to see what Albrecht says but he hasn't posted in quite bit.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Mi'Dre returns to the others with a snort of derision. "So much for this place being some sort of super prison. The gates aren't even locked..." he looks around at the others. "So. We going or not?"


Primordial Ooze

Nostrus - if you are still here and interested, please respond to question in OOC

Grumblejack falls in behind you as you move from the rocky outcrop that holds Branderscar and onto the mainland of Talingarde. As the prison fades behind the group, you plunge into the moors and swamps. The dark, brackish salt marshes teem with mosquitos and other buzzing pests, and there is but a single road through it's formless depths.

By the road, or through the swamps?
Road risks an encounter and swamps will need a Survival / Knowledge (Geography)
I'm also assuming you're on your way to the rendezvous?


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Let's see hardly stealth and even less survival among us. Thoughts?


Antipaladin lvl 3

I would take our chances on the road. Fast can be as good as stealthy sometimes...


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Mi'Dre checks to make sure Grumblejack has brought the lockbox with him, though he imagines most of the whiskey is probably lost with the way the ogre had been swinging it around. It didn't really do anything for him anyway being a devil, so he wasn't too concerned.

Mi'Dre knows nothing of either of those things, so road's fine with him. He will however scout ahead, being the-I believe with Gurthok around-second stealthiest.

Should they be required.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Shazam!

Dark Archive

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

The thought of slogging through the swamps at night does not appeal to Albina.

"The road, I think, but let's keep our lantern hooded and trust to Mi'Dre and Grumblejack to guide us in the dark, so as not to attract attention." she says. "And if anyone does come upon us, we will have to kill them as quickly as possible, and toss their bodies into the swamp out of sight from the road, so as to leave no witnesses that we came this way."


Primordial Ooze

Fickle Wind of Fate:
1d100 ⇒ 54

The motley group manage to pass over the moors without attracting any adverse attention. The road remains clear and you are able to break off it once across the moors and head for the rendezvous point that Tiadora bade you attend. Following the Old Moor Road, you find the manor house that has a single lantern burning just as the sun starts to pick up above the horizon. It is an imposing building, though the exterior gives you no real clues as to who... or what might reside within. The front doors await a short distance up the entry-track.

Perception DC 15:
In the far distance you hear signal horns sounding, and the faint noise of tracking dogs barking... it would seem that an alarm of sorts has been raised... best you were hidden.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

The devil cocks his head, listening to the sound of pursuit behind them. "Well, it seems they've finally gotten organised back there... Dogs..." Mi'Dre gives a tired murmur as the house comes within sight. It was an unpleasant sensation being quite this miserable and tired, and regardless of what lay in the house ahead it seemed just in time. He considered for a moment to ask the group to wait while he checked out the house ahead, before deciding that anything was untoward they would just have to deal with it, tired as they were, his short legs worst of all.

Dark Archive

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

"I do not wish to lead a war party to my sister's very location, but we may have no choice. I hope she has some coach here to carry us further afield, or we may be forced to make this building our final stand..." Albina says, annoyed at the situation of having to arrive in need of yet more aid from her mysterious benefactor.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

"This is where she told us to meet her after she helped us to break out of prison. I'm sure she was aware of what she was getting herself into Albina." Mi'Dre observes, too tired after the fighting and long walk to bother with the politeness he'd been showing the cleric of Asmodeus previously. He just trudges up to the door and knocks loudly three times.


Primordial Ooze

As you reach the door to the manor house and throw it wide you are greeted by a beautiful green-eyed woman - who Albina knows as Tiadora. Instead of the funereal garb she wore earlier, she is now dressed in a diaphanous white gown that makes her look almost angelic.

“Dearest, you took long enough,” she says pitilessly. “We were beginning to wonder if you’d ever make it. Oh, and you brought friends.” her eyes turning to regard both Mi'Dre and Grumblejack with a cruelly disparaging eye. "Are you sure dearest that we need trouble ourselves with such lessers..." standing barring the doorway for now, and casting a questioning eye to Albina.


Antipaladin lvl 3

Jack saw the lonely house with relief. It looked like a terrible day was finally coming to an end. But the first introductions only served to let him even more at the edge. He was not sure how things would unfold or which side offered him the best chance to survive. He decided to wait and see, right hand at the pommel of his sword.


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Seeing a beautiful woman not covered in dirt and mens clothes Shendalyn immediately turns on the swagger. Smiling and giving an exaggerated bow he says.

"Ah! If but I knew that I would be meeting such a stunning image of divinity I would have dressed far more appropriately. Less dirt and blood for one. Do not mind the ogre and devil." Then looking down at a quiet and miserable Gurthock he shrugs. "And other. They are useful at what they do and the devil's otherworldly hearing did just point out the presence of an unfortunate pursuit party. Might you tolerate us in your otherworldly presence for but a while so's not to have the misfortune of mysterious mounds of dirt upon your flawless estate?"

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Diplomacy.

Someone else can and should roll this if they have a higher bonus. Shendalyn is just trying to get in her pants.


Antipaladin lvl 3

Using Shendalyn's cue the blackguard immediately changes his body language bowing also and adding with his most innocent face.
I am delighted to meet you too, my lady. I am sure someone as generous as yourself can spare just a little more. Beside time grows short and no doubt a women with your ingenuity can think of some creative ways to put our conrades to good use.
Could we go inside...

smiling
...please?

Aid another on Shendalyn's Diplomacy
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Mi'Dre's reaction is understandably rather different than his fellow male escapees. He bares his teeth in an animal snarl, first at Tiadora, then Shendalyn. When the summoner finishes his flowery prose Mi'Dre returns his glare to Tiadora. "I came because that was the terms of your aid. If you have no need of me then I shall take my leave..." he practically chews the words, though he doesn't shift from his position in front of the door even as his mind turns to how he might evade pursuit. He had no qualms about trudging through the swamp and doubted Grumblejack would either, it might even be sufficient to throw off the dogs...

Intimidation: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Oh wow, talk about fail... not sure whether to laugh or facepalm :s

401 to 450 of 2,071 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM VoV: Way of the Wicked - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.