Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Way of the Wicked - a Tale of the Fall of Talingarde (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman


151 to 200 of 2,071 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

"You, boy," Albrecht says to the young man in the other cell, "Who are you and what are you in for?"


Primordial Ooze

The boy whimpers at Albrecht's words "I am Matteo... I.. I... killed someone..." he answers haltingly.

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina emits an involuntary chuckle of surprise at the sound of Matteo's voice.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

MI'Dre sighed at the responses from the boy in the other cell, before calling back to Albrecht, Jack and Shendalyn. "If you're going to let him out then hurry up and do so, otherwise I could do with the keys. I'm not having much luck over here." He wasn't looking away from his work, but could hear the conversation clearly enough.

Rounds 7 Disable Device check: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 28

"Never mind." he replied, cautiously pulling open the door and peering inside, wondering who they had locked up in such a secure cell, when murderers and blasphemers like themselves had been relatively lightly caged, shackled., and watched.


"I offer you one chance, boy," Albrecht says before unlocking the cell door, "Pledge yourself to me formally in front of these witnesses and I'll let you out. If you survive te escape, then you may travel with us and have a share of the glory and riches we accrue. Cross me, and I'll kill you in the most painful way imaginable. Or, you can stay here and rot. Do you so pledge yourself to me?"

Albrecht looks at Mi'Dre to officiate their deal.


Antipaladin lvl 3

Shendalyn has the club i think, we sitll have a dagger no one is using.

Jack waits for Albrecht to give him a signal before moving to open the young boys cell.
Can i ready an action to go an open the door at Albrecht comand or should i delay my initiative to act together with him?

Perception:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

I am not sure where we are on this building. he aswers Albina.
Then to everybody:
I can hear the sound of battle near by, we may have company soon!

While he is still staying by the door he uses its frame to have half cover against ranged attacks from the other room.


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

"Whatever you're doing over there I highly advise you to hurry! Either the man has a lucky sword arm or one of our esteemed hunting hounds met his fate to several angry men! There are many that need to die tonight and I wish not to be among them!"

Abandon the foolsssss!

"Silence you."

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Attack
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 CMB to trip
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Damage


Primordial Ooze

Round 6:

  • Albina: Holds steady in the West corridor.
  • Albrecht: Talks to the boy, attempts to unlock the door with the keys that Black Jack has, and turns to find Mi'Dre not there.
  • Black Jack: Moves to unlock the young man's cell.
  • Mi'Dre: Attempts and fails to open the closed and locked cell.
  • Shendalyn: Holds steady.
  • Devil Dog: in combat downstairs.

Devil Dog Combat - Shendalyn can look:
Successful attack and trip, you'll get an AoO as the target stands and scrabbles backwards and away
3d20 ⇒ (14, 18, 4) = 36 2 hits for 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 = 12 - dog survives.
And 1 attack for Round 7 (so two total with the AoO

The young man in the prison responds fearfully "I.. I'm here because I deserve to die... I'll not help you..." before a realization comes over his face "Are you here with her... I saw the guards lead her past earlier..." He has nothing in his eyes apart from fear as Black Jack unlocks the gate to his cell...

The sounds of muffled combat continue downstairs... punctuated by a scream.

Ok - things are getting a little bit frazzled with some people not paying attention to where the other members of their party are and what actions they can carry out. So, here is a recap:

  • Black Jack has the keyring from the guard you killed.
  • The walls are solid meaning no line of sight from the SE door to the Western cell (I know it doesn't look it on the map, but it is)
  • I have reposted the map as accurate to start of Round 7 - please review it before putting up your Round 7 action.

Round 7:

  • ]Albina: TBC
  • Albrecht: TBC
  • Black Jack: TBC
  • Mi'Dre: Successfully unlocks the locked cell, and opens the door Room contents will be updated in the end round re-cap.
  • Shendalyn: TBC
  • Devil Dog: in combat downstairs.

Updated Map


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Aplogies if I've contributed to any confusion. That's a bit strange with the map then since it looks like it was all barred walls :s

...

Arg! Have to wait another round to find out if this is who I think it is or not!


Primordial Ooze

As much my fault for not making things as crystal as they might need to be as anyones.
The text isn't meant to be snarky or anything - just more of an attempt to bring things back into focus.

Behind the door ;)

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

"We need to press forward, gentlemen." Albina says curtly. She begins to search the guard for anything else that might be of use, such as a shield or purse with coin.

Perception to find anything the guard might have hidden on his person. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

As much my fault for not making things as crystal as they might need to be as anyones.

The text isn't meant to be snarky or anything - just more of an attempt to bring things back into focus.

Behind the door ;)

Lol, meanie :p and uhh, no snark detected. It happens sometimes, especially when you're restricted to this sort of communication.


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Shield was already picked up by blackjack. Club by shendalyn he still has his chain shirt on him.

Bad things Happen to THE MAN aka for the GM:

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 AoO vs. prone target
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Damage

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Attack roll
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 CMB to trip if hits
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Hearing the scream Shendalyn moves out of the door past black jack and Albrecht. "I believe that is our cue to leave gentlemen. Ferocious as hell hounds might be they still fall to swords like everything else. Let's ensure the carnage they create was not in vain."


Primordial Ooze

I'll put up a round update when I get Black Jack's and Albrecht's actions.

Downstairs Dog Battle:
AoO hits - total of 11 damage to one guard. Bloodied and likely broken... but still standing - just.
Attack misses - I'll do the return attacks from guards in the end round update


Antipaladin lvl 3

Yea, the dead guard still has his armor on. But it takes 5 minutes to remove it, right?
By the kid's answer I am guessing we will leave him at his cell. If Albrecht ask me to open it I will and then move back to the exit door. If not I will just follow the group's actions.

Whats the plan folks, do we charge in downstairs to help the hounds?


Primordial Ooze

1 minute to remove and 1 minute to put it on - unless you have help; which would cut it to 5 rounds each way.


Antipaladin lvl 3

Hum, tempting...

Edited my last post with some options for my actions.

Cheliax

Male Humong Propmaster 13 / Meatgrinder 7

You guys are great. Dotting as a source of inspiration - I'm starting this AP in june


Albrecht shrugs at the young man in the cell.

"So be it, die down here when the guards return. If they return. Who knows, we might slaughter them all and you'll starve to death. Long and terrible way to go that."

Turning from the boy, he nods to Black Jack.

"Once they're done with the last prisoner, we'll make a break for it. Hopefully that horn-blower hasn't roused the entire prison."


Primordial Ooze

Round 7:

  • Albina: Checks the guard for belongings.
  • Albrecht: Talks with Black Jack
  • Black Jack: Talks with Albrecht
  • Mi'Dre: Successfully unlocks the locked cell, and opens the door Room contents will be updated in the end round re-cap.
  • Shendalyn: Move into the Guardroom
  • Devil Dog: in combat downstairs.

Downstairs Dog Fight:
3d20 ⇒ (6, 11, 17) = 34 - two hits, and the second dog is down.

The sounds of combat downstairs die off as you hear a shout of "Got ya" though it seems more like relief than exulted joy. There is no immediate sound of footsteps or clanking mail approaching you.

Albina checks the fallen guard in your cell a little more closely and finds nothing else of note... bar some well collected pocket lint. Shendalyn moves forward past the boy Matteo and into the guardroom. Contents detailed previously

Mi'Dre finally swings forth the portal with a squeal of hinges and presents an opportunity and conundrum both. Lying against the back wall of the room is a large bloodied and bruised form... larger than any of you and foul smelling to boot. Wearing but a loincloth and currently either passed out or unconscious is a male ogre. He is clearly injured, with fresh blood and old upon his skin, and his hands are shackled to the wall as yours were before. Somewhat peculiar are a pair of nascent horns just barely protruding from it's unruly shock of hair.

Heal DC 12:
From the depth of the sleep and the fact he didn't awaken at the sound of the door - you'd suspect the ogre is currently drugged.

Knowledge (Planes) DC20:
The horns could indicate a source of devilish blood somewhere in it's ancestry.

Meet the Ogre

Round 8-10:

  • Albina: TBC
  • Albrecht: TBC
  • Black Jack: TBC
  • Mi'Dre: TBC
  • Shendalyn: TBC

You've at least a few rounds of leeway as the guards downstairs regroup - unless you provoke or move onto the stairs that is. Enough to plan what to do with Mi'Dre's discovery.

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Heal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"Is that an ogre? How did an ogre get into the heart of Talingarde? Was there an underground fighting club, and I missed it?" Albina says with a sound of disappointment.


Primordial Ooze

Should have had this up earlier as it would be common knowledge

Ogres are indeed a rarity within Talingarde, there are few outside of those kept at bay in the rugged North of the country. You'd guess that it's execution is scheduled for roughly the same time as your own.


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Whistling merrily Shendalyn hefts the club and takes a long satisfying swig from the half finished bottle of beer before wiping his mouth with a satisfied sigh. "Drinking on the job eh? Bad business that. Something bad might happen. You'll be drunk off your ass when theres a prisoner escape. Then what?"

Shifting the now empty bottle so his hand is on the neck he chuckles to himself and waits just behind the stairs casting a spell of protection over his near naked form.

Casting Mage Armor on self.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Kn: Planes 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Untrained Heal 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"Oooh... Interesting..." Mi'Dre murmured. He was a bit disappointed at the creature's state, but he wasn't exactly in the best of condition either. "And a cousin as well." a grin spread over his Devilish face as he took in the horns.

Kn: Local to have heard anything about this fellow.1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

The devil glanced towards Albina as she seemed to recognize the creature, contemplating. "Could you do anything for him?" he asked, looking back to where they could hear their fellow escapees. "I'd say he could certainly be of some use..."

Whoever has the keys might want to bring them back here. I think you'll like what you see. his voice sounded to Shendalyn, Albrecht and Jack, tone amused.


Antipaladin lvl 3

Jack moves to the cell door by Mi Dre and sees the ogre. A smile spreads across his face.

To the ogre.
Hello friend.
Are you up for some fun?
showing the key ring to him and shaking it.


Primordial Ooze

Mi'Dre has heard in passing of an ogrish brigand called Grumblejack hiding on the moors and living off ambushed travellers.

Black Jacks attempts to engage the ogre in conversation are thwarted by the fact that the ogre remains either passed out or sleeping.
If you'll want to wake him up you'll need to either try yelling at him, or move close enough to give him a nudge


"Who wants to touch him?" Albrecht asks, Indicating the ogre.

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina is unreasonably annoyed at her 'sister' for not thinking to provide them a healing kit, in her scarf of useful items, and steps forward to attempt to rouse the slumbering giant, calling upon the favor of Asmodeus as she does.

guidance-boosted Heal check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Primordial Ooze

The hunk of giant flesh rouses at the touch of Albina, though bleary eyes take moments to clear and moments more for the beast's brain to catch up. Initially jerking away from Albina, the ogre pauses as it kens that the woman is there to soothe his wounds... not salt them. The ogre maneuvers into a sitting position and regards the group with some skepticism. "You little-un's not guards... Grumblejack thinking, why you not in chains?"

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina smiles, "We are escaping this night. Come join us, the worst that can happen is that we die sooner than they had planned, but with no chains on our wrists and their blood on our hands." She holds her hands up in a grasping motion as she speaks this last, clearly eager to see this blood, of which she speaks.

Diplomacy, to urge the ogre to come with them 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Primordial Ooze

The ogre begins to grin, and holds his manacled hands before him "First you get these off Grumblejack... then Grumblejack help you kill other little-un's"

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Turning to whoever has the keys, Albina says, "Do be so kind as to free our large friend, and let us move on, we have guards to kill and walls to breach."

Noting that Matteo has apparently failed to inspire Albrecht to free him, she smiles, wondering if the boy, freed from his shackles, would choose to die with his hands around her throat...


"I hope you can fight, Grumblejack, there will likely be a few guards up there to greet us." Noting Albina's predatory grin, Albrecht raises an eyebrow.

"You know the boy?"


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Atg least Grumblejack's wounds weren't so bad as to render him unconcious, though his condition looked less than optimal. Mi'Dre cosuld only grin to match Grumblejack's as the beast seemed amenable to their cause however. Of course he doubted anyone would want to stay here, and if he had the time he would have liked to question that other prisoner who had apparently refused, but they had other things to deal with.

"Jack if you would?" he asked, looking back at the ragged looking Anti-Paladin, either taking the keys and unlocking the manacles himself, or letting Jack past to do it, before focusing on Grumblejack again.

Infernal:
"How came you upon those horns, cousin?" he asked Grumblejack then, wondering if the creature knew his origin's and it's language.

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina gives Albrecht a bashful look, "I may have manipulated Matteo into murdering my mother, and set him up to be executed in my stead." she says. "He might hold a grudge..."


Albrecht laughs as Albina relays her story. "Well then, that certainly explains his resistance at accompanying us."

He looks at Matteo and grins. "Enjoy your last few hours, boy. Know that your sacrifice goes to setting us free!"


Antipaladin lvl 3

Duh, when i read the ogre's description it didnt register in my head he was unconcious. Damn my short attention span.

Jack enters the cell and use the key ring to free the ogre.

Wakey wakey eggs and bakey...

Hehehe

After setting him free.
Nice to meet you Grumblejack, I am just Jack.


Primordial Ooze

Matteo continues to sob in his cell despite what is said to or about him. Abject fear is shown of Albina though as she passes by.

The ogre's smile widens as Black Jack unlocks his shackles. The ogre unsteadily stands, clearly still somewhat weak on his feet before stretching out it's muscular form. To Mi'Dre's words, Grumblejack merely furrows his brow and replies "Why talk funny?" He then starts to move through the cells and towards the stairs. He does not turn to face Matteo, though that does not stop the boy from futher recoiling.

When Grumblejack makes the guard chamber he stands his full height, hair brushing the ceiling and looks down at Shendalyn "Why stopped here little un'?"

Perception DC 14:
You hear snatches of conversation below:
"...no you go.... fecking dogs came from nowhere... ain't getting paid fer this shi..."

Ok, so we can move forward - I have the following:

  • Matteo is left in his cell
  • Everyone has come through the cells to the guardroom and the stairs
  • Any extra little preparation can be ret-conned if needed.

At that time a familiar voice can be heard to waft up from below... Blackerly "Now what this fecking racket? I had to leave a good hand on the table so you better've not blown your horn over nothin..."

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"We need to get down there and kill that man, now, before he sends men to get reinforcements!" Albina whispers, as she moves forward confidently.


Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

"Agreed. Grumblejack and Jack, you two head down first. The rest of us will be right behind you providing magical support. Shendalyn, are you able to summon more of those dogs?


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Grumblejack confirmed Mi'Dre's suspicions, the beast didn't look smart enough to have fully mastered the common tongue of this land, let alone Infernal. He glanced at Albina, giving a grin and a hearty chuckle as she related that she had framed Matteo. "You'll have to tell us the tale sometime..."

He followed the giant out into the guard's station for the first time and looked around, cocking his head to listen.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"It seems your hounds have got the guards rethinking their employment Shendalyn. It should give us a few seconds, although with that Blackerly..." he mused softly, though it turned into a growl at the end. He cast his gaze around, taking in the table and the closed door. "Has anyone checked that door?" he asked, already heading for it and examining it, fully expecting it to be locked.

Perception to check door (for traps etc.) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

Shendalyn looks up at the ogre in mild surprise. "Oh you know, stopped for a drink, a laugh, and because several armed men are waiting on us." Turning to the others he says. "Nice catch. Seems a bit broken though."

"Yes I can call forth a few more infernal hounds. Though were we not immediately pressed for time I could call soemthign far far more significant. Though it'll be much more effective if I can call them behind the guards. Actually."

Lowering his voice Shendalyn smiles. "Why don't we hide in that room over there and leap at them while they're trying to figure out what happened eh? We can cut off the escape and take our delightful time with them."


Primordial Ooze

Mi'Dre finds the side chamber to the room unlocked and open. Within is a small table and a few chairs... something akin to an interrogation or visiting room. There is nothing of value within.

Grumblejack chuckles at Shendalyn, a deep rumbling and harsh sound "Hur, little men are weak... but have pointy teeth... any drink left?" gesturing to the bottle Shendalyn holds.

To Albrecht Grumblejack frowns "Little un not tell Grumblejack what to do." baring his teeth.

Below you the voices continue A fearful voice "Sergeant, the prisoners are out... and they've got the hounds of hell working with them." Blackerly in a frustrated tone "Bloody hell, someone go with Numbnuts there and get 'im patched up... I'm for going up and cracking skulls... you ladies coming?... or do you want latrine duty?"

You'd guess you've a round, maybe two before they start for you.
Plan at present:
Shendalyn + Grumblejack in the interrogation room;
Rest of you in the cells;
Try and sandwich the guards after they come up the stairs?


Male Half Elf Summoner (Master Summoner 6)

That works for me.

Shendalyn holds the upside down bottle up and shakes his head as he ducks into the side room. "Does not appear so. Besides it was half full when I got to it. Probably no more than a sip to you. PErhaps there will be more downstairs. I'm starving."


Albrecht bares his teeth right back at the brute, only too aware that if the ogre decided to turn on them, it would be a tough fight.

"Unless you want a fiery spell in the chops, you will do what I say when I tell you to. That way, you'll get to rip the guards in two."

Albrecht considers Shendalyn's plan for a moment and realises it has tactical merit. However, they'd need a threat to prevent them from checking the interrogation room first.

"Jack and I shall distract the guards. Once we have their attention, the rest of you shall burst from the side room and hit them in the flank. Blackerly is mine."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Cheliax

(AC 17, hp 24 of 43) Cleric of Asmodeus 5

Albina whispers to Shendalyn, "Master Shawn, if you can conjure a hell-beast behind them, to cut off retreat, that might be of great help."


Primordial Ooze

Grumblejack rounds on the mouthy little un reaching out with a meaty hand....
Grapple: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
...grabbing Albrecht by the neck and holding him in a vice like grip. The ogre's voice grows low and threatening "Grumblejack not take orders from pissant little un...." leaning forward with a leering face "Maybe I crush you now... would be easy"


Antipaladin lvl 3

To the ogre first and then the last part to both of them.
Come on big guy, we dont have time for this now. Play along with us and I will let you have my share of the guards ears, maybe a nose.

You guys can play that one later when we are all out of this place and free you know? ...FREEEE...

diplomacy
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Primordial Ooze

Grumblejack mostly ignores Black Jack's pleas focused as he is on Albrecht, though he does grumble a reply "Me hear from this un's mouth not yours."

Not ignoring the attempted Diplomacy, but Grumblejack will need to see Albrecht's response first.


Male Gaav (52/52 hitpoints) Inquisitor

Mi'Dre sighs as the infighting started up again. "Like 'little Jack' says, lets all kill each other after we've finished killing them." Shendalyn had a point that he wasn't the brightest, but it seemed the ogre had just as much pride as the rest of them. Still, low intelligence usually made manipulation easier, if they could be a little subtler than they were at present. He looked up at Albrecht held easily in Grumblejack's grip. "No dibbs on Blackerly. We all want a piece of him." and with that he slunk back through the door to the cells.

Stealth 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Ugh, really? *sighs*

151 to 200 of 2,071 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM VoV: Way of the Wicked - Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.